Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Jordan: ‘Italy need Buffon’

https://www.football-italia.net/119071/jordan-‘italy-need-buffon’

Mar 27, 2018

Former Milan striker Joe Jordan doesn’t understand the discussion over Gianluigi Buffon being called for Italy - “he’ll give balance”.

The former Scottish international spent three seasons in Italy, also turning out for Verona, and ahead of the Azzurri’s friendly with England he discussed the state of the national team.

“Italy are going through a nightmare, it’s been a long time since they didn’t qualify for the World Cup,” Jordan told Il Bianconero.

“That also happened to Scotland this year. I didn’t see them against Argentina, but I saw a lot of young players among those who were called-up. They need to restart from there.

“I didn’t know there was this discussion in Italy about calling-up Buffon again, he’s a very good goalkeeper with huge experience who will give balance and the right mix to this national team.

“Carlo Ancelotti or Roberto Mancini for CT? The Federation needs to choose a CT who wants to lead the national team, not someone who will change his mind after a year and a half.

“I know Ancelotti and Mancini well because I faced them in the Premier League, but from what I’ve heard the latter seems a better fit to me because he’s already said he’d like to coach Italy.

“I think Ancelotti wants a club.”

Jordan also gave his opinion on Serie A and Italian football in general, starting with Juventus’ elimination of his former side, Tottenham Hotspur, in the Champions League.

“Juventus deserved to qualify, they were too streetwise for Tottenham.

“[Mauricio] Pochettino’s team had a good game in Turin, it was not easy to come back from two goals down.

“In the return game in England the Bianconeri didn’t play great football, but I could see how much the players wanted to win it.

“It wasn’t luck, even though they weren’t at 100 per cent they knew how to get through it and beat their opponents at Wembley.

“The experience that Spurs lack can’t be bought, you can only gain it on a football pitch.

“[Coach Max] Allegri chose the right time to make his changes, he knew those changes would win him the game.

“In fact the goals by [Gonzalo] Higuain and [Paulo] Dybala came thanks to those players who came off the bench [Kwadwo Asamoah and Stephan Lichtsteiner].

“The Scudetto race? I haven’t changed my mind from a few months ago. Napoli have a very good Coach [Maurizio Sarri] who gets his teams playing well, but in the end Juventus will win the Scudetto.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon risks domestic ban?

https://www.football-italia.net/119851/buffon-risks-domestic-ban

Apr 13, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon reportedly risks being handed a domestic ban for his outbursts after Juventus’ defeat to Real Madrid.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Buffon could be facing a timed suspension if referee Michael Oliver was ‘very harsh’ in his report and UEFA’s disciplinary panel decides to assess his criticism of the Englishman to the Press.

The goalkeeper is quoted as branding Oliver ‘out of his depth, ‘heartless’, an ‘animal’ and with a ‘rubbish bin’ for a heart after he was sent off for dissent during Juve’s last-gasp Champions League exit to Real Madrid, who were awarded an injury-time penalty on Wednesday.

However, it remains to be seen whether the 40-year-old will even serve a ban as he is being tipped to hang up his gloves at the end of the season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'I'd say it all again'

Risultati immagini per real madrid juventus 1-3 buffon

https://www.football-italia.net/119928/buffon-id-say-it-all-again

Apr 14, 2018

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon defended his comments about referee Michael Oliver. “I had to let that out, even if it damaged my reputation.”

The goalkeeper was sent off for dissent after referee Oliver awarded a controversial last-gasp penalty, sending Real Madrid through to the Champions League semi-final.

Buffon was criticised for his over the top comments, including calling Oliver an “assassin of dreams”, but he broke his silence and doesn’t seem ready to apologise.

“I don’t have to make up for anything, because I am a human being who puts passion, sentiment and anger into what I do,” Buffon told Le Iene television programme.

“You find a way to speak, right or wrong, that at times can seem excessive… but this is me, I am Gigi Buffon. The other night the game had finished an hour and a half ago, so consequently what one expresses at that moment are sentiments and thoughts that are strong, in certain respects raw, but the sentiments of a man who won’t hide behind a veil of hypocrisy and instead throws out what is bubbling in his guts. End of story.

“Right there, you cannot ask a man who lives sport as deeply as I do to be balanced, because even if I expressed these feelings in an exaggerated way, they were still logical thoughts. I’d say them all again. Maybe with a different type of language, one that was more civilised, let’s say. But the content remains and I stand by all of it.

“Even if I was excessive, I said what I thought, that he should not have given that penalty. A referee with more experience would not have blown his whistle and decided not to become the protagonist of the match. He would’ve left it running, turned around and let the two teams fight it out in extra time. Let the pitch do the talking.

“I’m sure Oliver will have a great career in future, but he’s too young to officiate a match like that. The beauty, the imponderable nature of football, means that unfortunately this young man found himself in a situation that was too complex, too garbled and too big for him to deal with.

“So at the end of the day, what I said after the match, I don’t hold any rancour towards Oliver. I’m not even angry with him. It all ended there, but naturally in the heat of the moment one does feel I’m not saying penalised… I felt defrauded. Not defrauded of the result, but of the night. It was a night that can never be repeated.

“We could’ve written a memorable page in the history books of football for Juve, for Italy. Our victory combined with that of Roma (who beat Barcelona 3-0 the night before to wipe out a 4-1 first leg aggregate result) would’ve been just incredible.

“Before being a Juventino, I am an Italian, and I really cared about Italian football doing well. Seeing Roma achieve that amazing comeback, I was so passionately cheering them on. Seeing Juve go to Madrid and come back from 3-0 down… I got emotional. It was just priceless.

“I have lost more important matches than this, but the way it developed and was evolving, it was the most wonderful and exciting match I had ever experienced with Juventus. I think the same is true of my teammates and the fans.”

Even with footage from multiple different angles, the debate continues to rage on whether Medhi Benatia’s nudge on Lucas Vazquez was a penalty.

“It wasn’t a situation where you could say: ‘That is definitely a penalty.’ I’m not saying it wasn’t a penalty, I am saying it was a dubious situation. In a game like that, 20 seconds from the end, a dubious situation is not going to be enough for an experienced referee to transform everything. In my view, an experienced referee would make a different evaluation.

“Give me at least the legitimacy to defend in an exasperated and passionate manner the performance of my teammates, to defend those 5,000 fans who came to Madrid to cheer us on.

“I have to defend my teammates and fans, even in a not very composed fashion, because I feel it. I had to let that out, even if it damaged my reputation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Del Piero: 'I'm not against Buffon'

https://www.football-italia.net/119927/del-piero-im-not-against-buffon

Apr 14, 2018

Alessandro Del Piero hit out at Juventus fans who claimed he was “going against Gigi Buffon or even happy that Juve were eliminated.”

The club legend is now a television pundit following his retirement and commented on Wednesday’s 3-1 win away to Real Madrid, which saw the Bianconeri eliminated by a last-gasp penalty.

Buffon was sent off for dissent due to that decision and vented his fury at referee Michael Oliver, but Del Piero said he didn’t understand the criticism and this earned him abuse on social media.

“I respect all opinions of what I have heard and above all read over the last few days,” wrote Del Piero on his Twitter account this evening.

“But those who insinuated – maybe by only reporting part of what I said – that I am going against Gigi, in bad faith or even happy that Juve were eliminated, is hurting me.

“Such people aren’t worthy of attention. What is going on here?”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Boca want Buffon

Dall'Argentina: «Tevez vuole Buffon al Boca Juniors»

https://www.football-italia.net/120005/report-boca-want-buffon

Apr 16, 2018

Argentine side Boca Juniors are reportedly considering a sensational swoop for Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

According to Ole via Calciomercato.com, Boca are prepared to offer Buffon another year in the game as doubts cast over whether he will remain a Juve player next season.

It is explained the Xeneizes have put the 40-year-old ‘in their crosshairs’ after being knocked back by Chelsea’s Willy Caballero and Manchester United’s Sergio Romero.

Furthermore, both clubs are said to have a ‘well-established’ rapport after trading Carlos Tevez and Rodrigo Bentancur in the last three years.

Boca would be hoping to bring in Buffon before their Copa Libertadores knockout campaign, which kicks off on August 7, whereas the Bianconeri have a ready-made replacement in Wojciech Szczesny.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Madrid made me feel alive’

Da2Qd7lWsAIjnfP.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/120022/buffon-‘madrid-made-me-feel-alive’

Apr 16, 2018

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon admits “sometimes getting it wrong”, but says Real Madrid and its aftermath was “pure adrenaline”.

The goalkeeper was sent-off by referee Michael Oliver after reacting furiously to a last-minute penalty at the Bernabeu which sent the Bianconeri out of the Champions League.

The 40-year-old tore in to the official after the match, drawing criticism from some quarters, and today he spoke about the incident as he attended a sponsors’ event in Turin.

“The decisions we make are a way of defining ourselves and making us what we want to be,” Buffon explained to the reporters present.

“You can even go too far, sometimes getting it wrong. But that means you’re alive, and that’s why I came in to the world.

“After the Bernabeu I went for long walks, mushrooms and daisies. It was a week that allowed me to experience strong emotions, beautiful, pure adrenaline.

“I also live for that.”

Gianluigi Donnarumma is seen my many as his namesake’s heir in the Italy squad, and yesterday the Milan youngster handed Juve a huge advantage in the Scudetto race with a stunning last-gasp save on Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik.

“I sent him a nice congratulatory text for his save on Milik at the end,” Buffon revealed, before discussing his role as captain of the Azzurri.

“Being captain of the national team is the greatest gift that life has given me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon to turn down Boca?

https://www.football-italia.net/120295/buffon-turn-down-boca

Apr 22, 2018

Gigi Buffon is expected to turn down the offer of a few months at Boca Juniors in the Copa Libertadores, according to reports.

The Juventus captain is 40 years old and his contract is due to expire in June, but he hasn’t yet announced his decision.

It’s widely reported he will hang up his gloves at the end of the season, but there are other options available to him.

Boca Juniors Coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto confirmed this weekend that the Argentine club had contacted Buffon to discuss a possible transfer.

The idea would be for Buffon to play in the Copa Libertadores with his former Juve teammate Carlos Tevez, as that concludes in November.

However, according to Tuttosport, SuperGigi is ready to reject the move, as he doesn’t want to spend several months in South America when he has a young family at home.

He is likely to become a director, though whether it is at Juventus or with the Italian Football Federation remains to be seen.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘No argument with Benatia’

https://www.football-italia.net/120404/buffon-‘no-argument-benatia’

Apr 24, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon insists reports he had a row with Juventus teammate Medhi Benatia are “patently invented”.

There were multiple reports this morning that the captain had stern words for his teammates after the Napoli defeat, but the goalkeeper insists that’s not the case.

“It’s the kind of gossip, patently invented, that comes when teams like Juventus who don’t have an Achilles Heel lose,” Buffon told JTV.

“They try to destabilise the environment and undermine the certainty and the union of the group. It’s normal, it’s happened ever since I’ve been at Juventus.

“I find it logical and proper to confront what happened, but no-one - at least in my 17 years at Juventus - is allowed to point the finger at someone and blame an error for a defeat.

“What’s more, as long as I’m captain of this team that will never happen.

“I’d like to add that Medhi is an extremely respectful lad and that he’s tied to our cause with an education and way of being that I’m sorry I’m forced to highlight.

“I have to do it though, because in the face of news which is, if not defamatory at least false, I think clarification is need to protect the group and Medhi, who is a splendid lad.

“We’ve dropped five very important points in recent days, but we’re still first with a very small advantage.

“We need to try and carry that through to the end, that’s our role and our duty.

“A run of nine months like we’ve had this season brings a huge expenditure of physical and mental energy, but  now there are twenty days left and so we have to reach the limit of our potential.

“If the others are better than us we’ll congratulate them, because in a 38-game league season the winner always deserves it.

“That’s a thought that still very far away though. The match with Inter is a decisive one, but the ones with Bologna, Roma, and Verona will be too… and then there’s the Coppa Italia final.

“There are 20 days to go, in which we’ll have to return to the pitch with ferocity and ‘sporting brutality’ and in which we all have to be united.

“If not we’ll play into the hands of our opponents and those who, in our few moments of difficulty, have always tried to create problems with ill-founded news, without ever succeeding.

“In this case too I’d like to think that we as a squad and the Juventus populace will be able to circle the wagons and create a wall of protection which will allow us to experience these 20 days as the real Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon charged by UEFA

https://www.football-italia.net/121200/buffon-charged-uefa

May 11, 2018

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon has been hit with two UEFA charges after his criticism of referee Michael Oliver.

The goalkeeper was incensed when the English official pointed to the spot in the final seconds of their Champions League quarter-final second leg with Real Madrid.

The 40-year-old was sent off for his protests and Cristiano Ronaldo converted the penalty to eliminate the Bianconeri 4-3 on aggregate.

Buffon continued his criticism of Oliver after the match, stating that he didn’t have the experience or temperament to referee such a game.

UEFA has taken a dim view of his comments, charging Buffon and Juventus with breaching Article 15 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations with regard to his red card.

In addition, Buffon has been charged under Article 11, which relates to “general principles of conduct”.

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 31 May.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon Press conference on Thursday

https://www.football-italia.net/121367/buffon-press-conference-thursday

May 14, 2018

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will hold a Press conference on Thursday at 10.30, where it’s likely he’ll announce his retirement.

The 40-year-old is expected to hang up his gloves when the season ends, but so far there has been no official announcement.

There have been hints though, with the Bianconeri raising prices for the final game of the season with Verona and Giorgio Chiellini speaking of how he’ll miss the club captain.

Now it has been announced that Buffon will hold a Press conference at 10.30 UK time [11.30 local time] at the Allianz Stadium.

No further information has been given, but it’s widely expected that he’ll announce his retirement.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon: 'Afraid of retirement'

https://www.football-italia.net/121464/buffon-afraid-retirement

May 16, 2018

Juventus and Italy legend Gigi Buffon admits he is “afraid” of retirement and is yet to decide what he’ll do when he hangs up his gloves.

Now 40 years old, he is expected to announce his retirement in a Press conference on Thursday morning.

“I think that at my age you have to evaluate the situation a month, a week, at a time,” he told Gerard Pique in a filmed interview for The Players Tribune.

“Because it is important for athletes like you and me, who have always played at the top, to be doing our best, struggling to be the best, to stay at the top. You have to be physically well, because you don’t want poor results for the sake of your pride.

“I’m Buffon, and that is who I want to be till the last minute. And when I’m not myself anymore, I’ll go. In a couple of months, I’ll meet with the President and we’ll evaluate the situation calmly.

“I’m very happy at the moment. I’m happy playing, because I love the atmosphere — I’m with my friends and I know I can help on the pitch. The day I can’t, no problem. I’ve had a great career anyway.

“I would be dishonest if I told you I’m not afraid. But deep down I feel calm and at peace because I know I’m naturally curious. And the day I stop playing football, I will find a way not to get bored and I’ll stay busy.

“After all, players like us, who have lived the game intensely, have to keep their minds occupied and have a reason to get up, something to fight for. I’ll never get bored or miss being in the public eye.

“The only problem is that my life has been organised for me for 23 years. Every morning you are given a timetable. But when you have 24 hours ahead of you with nothing to do, that could be a problem.”

Buffon hasn’t yet decided whether he’ll remain in the world of football and in what capacity.

“I’d like to take courses to become a director, a manager or a trainer, and then choose an option without rushing.

“I surely would have been a worse person (without football). I probably would have been a P.E. teacher, like my parents. I was heading in that direction.

“I’ve always liked sports and being around children, but football has made me a better person because I’ve always thought the group is more important. It is nice to be part of a group and share victories and defeats. It makes you less selfish. I find that truly beautiful. Being more altruistic and sharing with others is the best thing in life.

“Being popular has positives and negatives. Negative like when you do something wrong, and it is exaggerated on the TV, in the newspapers.

“Those consequences from that exaggeration make you think and say to yourself that you don’t deserve to suffer this outcome. ‘I must try not to provoke them, behave better and be a better person.’ These years of confusion with so many problems have helped me improve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Standing ovation for Buffon

DdZn0y_V4AA2c8o.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/121507/watch-standing-ovation-buffon

May 17, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon received a standing ovation from Juventus President Andrea Agnelli and the journalists present at today’s Press conference.

The goalkeeper announced today that Saturday’s clash with Verona will be his last for the Bianconeri, and potentially the final game of his career.

The 40-year-old hasn’t yet decided if he wants to retire, but he’ll leave Juve this summer after 17 years.

At the end of his Press conference, club President Andrea Agnelli stood to applaud Buffon, as did the journalists present.

Buffon simply waved and thanked those in attendance.

U37FzSUq_normal.jpg

A standing ovation for the one and only @GianluigiBuffon. #UN1CO #Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

PSG make Buffon offer?

https://www.football-italia.net/121514/psg-make-buffon-offer

May 17, 2018

Reports in France state that Gianluigi Buffon has been offered a two-year contract by Paris Saint-Germain.

The goalkeeper is leaving Juventus at the end of the season, but he hasn’t yet decided whether or not he’ll retire.

Announcing his departure at a Press conference today, the 40-year-old revealed “I have received some proposals and exciting challenges, both on the field and off it”.

Tuttosport had already reported that PSG were an option, and now Le Parisien is reporting that contact is already underway.

Buffon has been offered a two-year contract, the newspaper reports, and is seen as someone who would have a positive impact on the dressing room.

The goalkeeper said today “if I were to continue, I’d want to challenge for big honours” and PSG would allow him to fulfil that.

The French club are desperate to win the Champions League, something Buffon has never managed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

English trio eye Buffon?

https://www.football-italia.net/121527/english-trio-eye-buffon

May 18, 2018

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City are all reportedly interested in signing Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

According to Tuttosport, Paris Saint-Germain remain in ‘pole position’ for Buffon, but the Premier League trio are determined to gate-crash any transfer.

The French giants are understood to have proposed the World Cup winner a two-year contract, while little more is known about the interest from England, other than a previous report linking him with the Reds.

The 40-year-old announced on Thursday that he would end his legendary spell with Juve but also revealed he was considering several offers to keep playing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Del Piero's message to Buffon

https://www.football-italia.net/121601/del-pieros-message-buffon

May 19, 2018

Alessandro Del Piero knows how Gigi Buffon is feeling after his final Juventus game and assures “this story will never end. It never goes away.”

The captain waved goodbye during a 2-1 win over Hellas Verona, ending his 17 years in Turin.

“Today is your moment, Gigi,” wrote Del Piero on Instagram.

“It’s the day in which at the Stadium you looked everyone in the eyes, shaking off the tears as you saluted your fans for the last time.

“You lifted another trophy of a legendary and infinite career that I was privileged enough to experience with you for half my life.

“You have been, you all have been, magnificent.

“Saluting like this is the best of the best.

“I left you with the first Scudetto, today you said goodbye holding the seventh. Seven Serie A titles in a row: crazy!

“You should know well, though, that the story that ‘ends’ today in reality will never end.

“It’s a story that forged you and will guide you in a future that’ll be full of emotion, success and a sea of things to do. It’s a story that never goes away.

“Good luck in the future, Gigi. You deserve it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Allegri tribute to Buffon and Pirlo

https://www.football-italia.net/121634/allegri-tribute-buffon-and-pirlo

May 20, 2018

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri posted a farewell message to Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo. “You embodied football and will continue to represent it.”

Buffon played his final game for Juve in yesterday’s 2-1 win over Hellas Verona, though he has not yet decided if he’ll retire from football after an offer from Paris Saint-Germain.

Pirlo retired last year, but will have his testimonial at San Siro next week.

“On the bench I have had the good fortune and the honour to work with many Golden Ball winners,” wrote Allegri on Twitter.

“Yesterday Gigi Buffon closed a chapter in the history of Juve that can never be repeated, tomorrow Pirlo says goodbye: you embodied football and will continue to represent it in your new roles!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon set for PSG

DdvU634U8AAUVcT.jpg:large

https://www.football-italia.net/121685/buffon-set-psg

May 21, 2018

Paris Saint-Germain are closing in on the signing of Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, reports in Italy suggest.

The 40-year-old is leaving the Bianconeri after 17 years, but it appears he’ll keep playing.

Le Parisien broke the news last week that PSG had offered him a two-year contract, with those reports later backed up by Sky Italia.

Now the latter outlet is reporting that the two parties are down to the final details of a two-year contract.

Buffon’s transfer could be announced as soon as Wednesday, unless there is a dramatic swing in negotiations.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

‘Buffon would like PSG switch’

https://www.football-italia.net/121886/buffon-would-psg-switch

May 26, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent has confirmed that the Juventus goalkeeper ‘would be happy’ to join Paris Saint-Germain.

PSG have reportedly offered Buffon a four-year contract, just weeks after it seemed the 40-year-old was planning to retire, and Silvino Martina confessed his client was hopeful of completing a move to the French capital.

“We’d be happy if Gigi went to Paris next season,” he told Le Parisien.

It also comes a day after new Italy boss Roberto Mancini left the door open to the shot-stopper adding to his 167 international caps, despite his apparent retirement from the Azzurri scene.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon: 'I felt so alone'

https://www.football-italia.net/122183/buffon-i-felt-so-alone

May 31, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon discusses his struggles with depression - “it’s not an evil which disappears overnight, just as it doesn’t appear from one day to the next”.

The Juventus and Italy legend is regarded as one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time, but has revealed previously that he had a panic attack ahead of a game against Reggina in 2005.

“Nobody noticed, and in that moment I felt even more alone,” Buffon confessed, speaking to Alessandro Alciato for his new book ‘Demons’.

“I went onto the pitch, but I relied on my pride and my love for my work and I decided not to give up.

“I said to myself: ‘If you take the easy way out, if you don’t go onto the pitch, then you’ll always do that’.

“I stayed on the pitch and after a few minutes I made a save from [Francesco] Cozza. We won the game 1-0 and it was like electroshock therapy for me.

“I was handsome, rich and famous and I wondered why it had never happened before.

“Why at that moment? Why not later? I saved myself through my pride. One day I went to the art gallery in Turin and I fell in love with a painting by Chagall, ‘La Passeggiata’.

“I realised that little things could help me and I could rediscover the joy of living. I went back the next day to look at the painting again.

“You need patience, it’s not an evil which disappears overnight, just as it doesn’t appear from one day to the next.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Three-match ban for Buffon

https://www.football-italia.net/122478/three-match-ban-buffon

Jun 5, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon has been handed a three-match ban for his conduct during and after Juventus’ Champions League quarter-final second leg against Real Madrid.

Buffon was sent off for excessive dissent towards Michael Oliver after he took issue with the referee’s decision to award Madrid a stoppage-time penalty, which ultimately knocked Juve out of the Champions League and sent Los Blancos into the semi-finals.

The goalkeeper then accused Oliver of acting like ‘an animal, with a bin for a heart’ in his post-match interview, for which he later apologised.

A UEFA statement read: “The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to suspend the Juventus Football Club player Gianluigi Buffon for three (3) UEFA competition matches for which he would be otherwise eligible.”

That would prevent the 40-year-old from appearing in Paris Saint-Germain’s first three Champions League games next season if he joins the French giants.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon set for PSG medical

https://www.football-italia.net/123285/buffon-set-psg-medical

Jun 20, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon is already looking for a house and will have his Paris Saint-Germain medical over the next few days, it’s reported.

Paris United claim that the 40-year-old goalkeeper is set to have his tests at the Pitie-Salpetriere clinic.

He’ll then put pen to paper on a two-year contract with the Ligue 1 winners.

Buffon and partner Ilaria d’Amico – a Sky Sport Italia presenter – visited an apartment in the 16th Arrondissement, originally belonging to the Laduree family.

He is a free agent after his contract with Juventus expired, but eager to continue his career at the highest level.

• Sad 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

PSG hint at Buffon move

https://www.football-italia.net/123399/psg-hint-buffon-move

Jun 23, 2018

Paris Saint-Germain have hinted that a deal for Juventus and Italy legend Gianluigi Buffon is close.

The 40-year-old is out of contract with the Bianconeri on June 30, but isn’t expected to hang up his gloves.

Instead, he is likely to continue his career in Ligue 1, with a two-year contract on the table.

Tonight the French champions have hinted that a deal is close, replying to a fan on Twitter.

PSG posted a picture on their account stating that the new season’s clothing range is available on their store, featuring a number of players.

A fan asked “where is Buffon?” to which the club responded with “reading the latest news on the patio”, accompanied by a picture from the goalkeeper’s Twitter account.

En train de lire en terrasse aux dernières nouvelles  pic.twitter.com/yMqqo3yAcs

View image on Twitter

• Sad 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon: ‘I’ll never forget it’

https://www.football-italia.net/123778/buffon-‘i’ll-never-forget-it’

Jun 30, 2018

Gigi Buffon posts an emotional message on social media on his final official day as a Juventus player, saying he will ‘never forget’ his time in Turin.

The goalkeeping icon’s contract with the Old Lady officially expires at the end of today.

Now 40-years-old, Buffon announced before the end of the season that he would leave Juve in the summer, although it was uncertain at the time whether he would continue his career elsewhere.

He has since agreed to join French side Paris Saint-Germain, with his two-year contract at the Parc des Princes taking effect from tomorrow.

“17 years in bianconero which officially end today,” Buffon wrote on his official Twitter profile.

“17 years of friends, teammates, victories, defeats, trophies, words, anger, disappointments, happiness and so, so many emotions.

“I will never forget any of it. I will always take it all with me.”

Buffon joined the Old Lady from Parma in 2001 and established himself as one of the all-time greats of his position during his 17-year spell with the Serie A champions.

He officially won nine Scudetti, four Coppa Italia trophies and one Serie B title during his time in Turin, while internationally he starred in Italy’s 2006 World Cup win in Germany.  

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon passes PSG medical

https://www.football-italia.net/124092/buffon-passes-psg-medical

Jul 6, 2018

Former Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon should be confirmed as a Paris Saint-Germain player on Friday after passing his medical.

Buffon was spotted checking into a hospital in Parisian commune of Neuilly-sur-Seine which is not far from the Arc de Triomphe.

Several reports in the Italian Press agree he was there to undergo a medical with PSG, before he travelled to the club’s offices, where he would have signed a two-year contract worth €4m a season.

Barring any surprises, the Italy veteran will be officially unveiled as a Rouge-et-Bleu on Monday.

7ZF0XMdDxF7tGghf?format=jpg&name=small

#Buffon entra nella sede del Paris Saint Germain #PSG. In arrivo l'ufficialità della firma

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: PSG sign Buffon

buffon-psg-web.jpeg

https://www.football-italia.net/124103/official-psg-sign-buffon

Jul 6, 2018

Paris Saint-Germain have officially signed former Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon on a free transfer.

A statement on PSG’s official website confirms Buffon has put pen to paper on a one-year contract with the option for a second.

The veteran arrives after 17 years at Juve, where he played 655 times, winning nine Scudetti and reaching two Champions League Finals, while featuring in the FIFPro World XI for 2017.

He also collected 176 caps for Italy, making him the player with the most appearances in the Azzurri’s history, and lifted the World Cup in 2006.

Buffon, who turned 40 in January, is expected to become PSG’s No 1 ahead of Alphonse Areola and Kevin Trapp.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti