Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Dybala, listen to Nedved’

http://www.football-italia.net/114191/buffon-‘dybala-listen-nedved’

Dec 12, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon advises Paulo Dybala to listen to Pavel Nedved, and says he’ll play “as long as I’m useful…”

The goalkeeper attended tonight’s Gazzetta dello Sport Awards, and after assuring he was “better” after an injury which saw him miss Inter he discussed some issues surrounding the Bianconeri.

“Can we win the treble? As long as there’s life there’s hope, and when you’re lucky enough to be competing on several fronts you don’t have to make a choice,” Buffon responded.

“A team like Juventus must aim for the maximum. Last year it went well, it’s just a shame about that final hurdle in Cardiff.

“Is this my last season? ‘As long as I’m useful…’, that’s how I’d like to respond to that question. I received so much affection after the elimination against Sweden.

“People understood that, throughout my career, I never wore a mask [to hide my emotion]. That was appreciated.”

Juve vice-President Pavel Nedved, a former teammate of Buffon’s, had some criticism for Paulo Dybala this week, stating he "has to make a lot of sacrifices in his private life and on the pitch".

“Advice, not criticism,” Buffon clarified.

“I know Pavel very well, and with the great career he had he has the right to dispense it. For talent and potential, Paulo is the number one of this Juve.

“The more advice he takes on board, the more chance he’ll have of having a stellar career.”

Today also brought rumours about Gianluigi Donnarumma's future, with the Milan goalkeeper seen as the heir to Buffon for the Italian national team.

"I advised him at the time [he signed his new contract], but I won't make anything public. Right now he shouldn't be thinking of anything but the pitch.

"He needs to concentrate and save well, and that's what he's doing."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Thank you Casillas’

http://www.football-italia.net/114210/buffon-‘thank-you-casillas’

Dec 13, 2017

Iker Casillas sent Gianluigi Buffon a video message at the Gazzetta dello Sport awards, which the Juventus goalkeeper says “really touched me”.

Buffon was awarded the Athlete of the Year prize at last year’s ceremony, and was treated to video message from the Spaniard, and a visit from his hero, Thomas N’Kono.

Gazzetta reports that Buffon was visibly moved by Casillas’ message, stating afterward “the first time we faced each other he asked for me shorts - he used them as pyjamas”.

Today Buffon has thanked his longtime rival and friend on Twitter, writing “you're a friend as usual. What you said yesterday during the Gazzetta Sports Awards really touched me. Thank you so much!”

.@IkerCasillas you're a friend as usual. What you said yesterday during the #GazzettaSportsAwards really touched me. Thank you so much!

At last night’s awards, Buffon also paid tribute to N’Kono who inspired him to become a goalkeeper.

“I fell in love with the role of goalkeeper when I watched him on TV playing for Cameroon,” the veteran said.

“When he had his farewell game I surprised him by introducing myself to him out of the blue, I didn’t even have boots on.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon could miss record

http://www.football-italia.net/114527/buffon-could-miss-record

Dec 19, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon could miss out on the Serie A appearance record, as Max Allegri confirms he won’t play against Roma on Saturday.

The goalkeeper plans to retire at the end of the season, and he can still break two records before he hangs up his gloves.

Officially Buffon has nine Scudetti - not counting the revoked Calciopoli titles, though he himself does - which leaves him tied with Virginio Rosetta, Giovanni Ferrari and Beppe Furino.

If the Bianconeri win Serie A this season, he’ll retire with a record number of Scudetti.

However, another record which was very much in his sights now appears to be under threat.

Buffon began the season with the possibility of overtaking Paolo Maldini in terms of Serie A appearances, with the Milan legend retiring after 647 top flight games.

As things stand, Buffon is on 629 but he has missed the past two league games with muscular problems.

In today’s Press conference, Allegri admitted it will be “almost impossible” for Buffon to play against Roma on Saturday, so he may not be able to reach the record.

After Juventus face the Giallorossi, they will have 20 Serie A games to go this season.

Assuming Buffon does hang up his gloves after the season ends, he needs to play in 19 of them to break Maldini’s record, or 18 to match him.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Regret for the rest of my life'

http://www.football-italia.net/114692/buffon-regret-rest-my-life

Dec 22, 2017

Gigi Buffon will “regret Italy missing the 2018 World Cup for the rest of my life” and will only “probably” retire this summer.

He was about to become the first man ever to participate in six editions of the World Cup, but the Azzurri lost the play-off to Sweden.

“I will regret Italy missing the World Cup for the rest of my life,” the 39-year-old said in German magazine Der Spiegel.

“We took away that joy for children, that rapid heartbeat you get from watching your country play in an event like that.”

The Juventus captain insists on seeing the bigger picture and refuses to feel sorry for his own missed record.

“I see myself as a soldier at the service of my team and my country.”

Buffon turns 40 in January and has previously hinted he’ll retire at the end of the season, but may well reconsider.

“I will probably quit then, but will always be at the disposal of Juventus and the Nazionale.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Soldier for Juventus and Italy’

http://www.football-italia.net/114863/buffon-‘soldier-juventus-and-italy’

Dec 29, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon says “I feel like a soldier” at the service of Juventus and Italy but it’s “very probable” he’ll retire at the end of the season.

The legendary goalkeeper turns 40 next month, and plans to finally hang up his gloves at the end of the current season.

“I feel like a soldier at the service of my team and my country,” Buffon said in an interview with Der Spiegel.

“It’s very probably I’ll stop, but I’ll always be at the disposal of Juventus and the national team.

“A man of 40 years has a duty to give space to others, I know better than anyone that I could hinder the growth of others and that’s exactly what I don’t want, but if they need a goalkeeper they can call me.

“I’ll always answer, even if I’m 80!

“I’m disappointed about missing out on the World Cup, I’ll probably regret it for the rest of my life, not least because we robbed the children of a pulse-racing event like the World Cup.

“What really irritates me is that I can’t play in it with some of my teammates with whom I’ve shared the joys of this sport for the past 10 years.

“It would have been nice to share another month of emotions with teammates like [Andrea] Barzagli and [Daniele] De Rossi. But neither that disappointment, nor the one in Cardiff, will chance my judgement of my career. I’m happy with what I’ve done so far.

“Italy have always shown the ability to come back after failures, after the bad World Cup in South Africa we reached the final of the Euros in 2012.

“In 2014 we made another bad impression and the World Cup but two years later we only went out of the Euros to Germany on penalties.

“Our DNA is much the same, we have that fighting spirit but that’s not enough to do well if there’s no talent. What we’ve been missing lately is a player of the highest level.

“Until a few years ago we had players of the talent of [Andrea] Pirlo, [Roberto] Baggio, [Francesco] Totti and [Alessandro] Del Piero…”

Buffon was also asked about Juventus, who he joined for a world record fee from Parma in 2001.

“The secret of Juventus is being a club with values to transmit. That comes from the ownership, i.e from the Agnelli family, and their way of seeing work, life and sport.

“The first few months here were fantastic, in 2001 I arrived from Parma and for the first few months it felt like I was living in another world.

“Everything is done with the utmost professionalism, which ultimately leads everyone to improve.”

Finally, the goalkeeper was asked about German number 1 Manuel Neuer.

“He’s a top-level goalkeeper, even with his feet the way he plays the game is extraordinary and he has excellent reflexes,” Buffon said.

“I’ve been saying for years that he’s one of the best goalkeepers in the world, if not the best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon hails Harry Kane

http://www.football-italia.net/114920/buffon-hails-harry-kane

Dec 30, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon has his eye on the Champions League, but to get there Juventus must beat Tottenham and Harry Kane, “one of the best strikers in Europe.”

The Juventus and Italy goalkeeper spoke to The Daily Mirror newspaper in England as he prepares to turn 40 next month and singled out Spurs hitman Kane.

“Harry is now one of the best strikers in ­Europe – there is no question about that. As a player, you can always work on parts of your game and try to ­improve – but there are some things you can’t teach.

“That natural goal-scoring instinct is for me a talent that you are born with. I have seen over the years with Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Pippo Inzaghi, Gabriel Batistuta, they have that natural instinct that can really make goalkeepers suffer – and it’s clear Kane also has that.

“Always in my ­career I have wanted to test myself against the best – and now Harry Kane is one of the best. I have always had the attitude that I don’t fear the best – I respect them – and I always want to play against them.

“That is one of the greatest ­challenges of playing at the highest level, to test yourself against the best players – that is always something I have enjoyed.”

Kane has hit a remarkable 24 goals in 24 competitive games this season, including six in five Champions League appearances.

Buffon has said he is “99 per cent certain” he’ll retire at the end of this season, but could hold off if Juventus win the Champions League, because it’ll give him a chance to play in the Club World Cup.

In order to get there, they first need to get past Tottenham with the first leg of their Round of 16 tie on February 13.

“They are going to be two hard games against Tottenham – we know that. Kane will be a big threat but they are not just Kane.

“As always, it is my dream to win the Champions League – I don’t allow it to be a pressure – but it still remains a big ambition.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Retirement? We’ll see…’

http://www.football-italia.net/114980/buffon-‘retirement-we’ll-see…’

http://www.football-italia.net/114979/buffon-‘gigio-juventus-never-wrong’

http://www.football-italia.net/114981/buffon-‘i’d-play-cardiff-again’

http://www.football-italia.net/114982/‘allegri-deserves-more-credit’

Jan 2, 2018

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon says there are “many assessments to be made” before he decides whether or not to retire.

The Italian international turns 40 later this month, and has previously stated his intention to hang up his gloves at the end of the season.

However, there have been hints that the goalkeeper could play on beyond the end of the current campaign, and he was asked in an interview whether he still wants to play.

“No footballer wants to stop, but no,” Buffon replied, speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’m very happy because I’ve reached an important point in my life and I’m calm. To face such a crucial juncture with this inner harmony is what matters most, and it’s really beautiful.

“I know how the pitch works, I could say that at 60 I’ll be like I am now. But then there are many assessments to be made, not least the fact I’m lucky enough to be in a club where I’m appreciated and where I have a very strong bond with everyone, from the President down.

“I feel totally open to the project.

“The President [Andrea Agnelli] has been extraordinary with me, for five years he’s repeated: ‘at some point in the season, come and tell me if you want to continue or not’.

“That’s what I’ll do this time too.

“At a certain point you have to understand which kind of role will be most helpful to the cause, I don’t want to become a burden.

“Many people have told me: ‘you exaggerated with your statements in the national team’, but as a 40-year-old man I must have a sense of responsibility.

“Since I’m not the last to arrive and I know I can be cumbersome, I preferred to step aside.

“I’ll never be a burden, but I’ll always be there in any capacity and any role for those who gave me so much, whether that’s Juve or the national team.

“Will I play on if Juventus win the Champions League? That’s the only certainty.”

Buffon's retirement has been compared with basketball legend Kobe Bryant, but the veteran doesn't see it that way.

"I feel the affection and it's gratifying, but I wouldn't be able to say goodbye in the way he did.

"Even celebrating my birthday bothers me, because I know beforehand I'll be the centre of attention and I don't like that.

"If being the centre of attention is something that happens because of events I can bear it well and make a good impression, but if it's constructed then it kills me, I live on emotions."

Gianluigi Buffon says he “can’t give advice” to Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma but “Juventus is never wrong…”

The 18-year-old signed a new contract with the Rossoneri in the summer, but he has once again been linked with an exit as his agent, Mino Raiola, has a poor relationship with the club.

Today’s Gazzetta dello Sport contains a long interview with Buffon, and the Juve captain was asked what advice he’d give Donnarumma.

“Well, Juventus is never wrong…” Buffon smiled.

“I can’t give advice to Gigio, because I’m not in his situation,  I don’t know what emotional connection he might have with Milan.

“Neutrally there are two things I could tell him, as I already did in the national team, but what makes the difference is what vibrates inside your soul.”

Leonardo Bonucci made the move from Juve to Milan in the summer, and Buffon was also asked about that.

“I love Leo like a brother, because even in his excesses I love him. He has healthy values and, put in a certain context, that’s a point of strength, an incredible resource.

“The Juventus environment was perfect for him, I was sorry that he left because it seemed to be the choice of an impulsive and proud man.

“Every now and then we talk and I told him that, he replied that he wasn’t impulsive, that he made a well thought-out choice.

“Leo thrives on challenges and he had to reignite the fire with a bold and unpopular choice.

“I respect him but I’m disappointed, and I think even he is very sorry.”

Gianluigi Buffon wouldn’t replay Italy-Sweden if he could, but would go back and play Juventus’ Champions League final defeat in Cardiff again.

The goalkeeper gave a long interview to Gazzetta dello Sport, and he was asked which of the recent disappointments he’d play again.

“I wouldn’t repeat Italy-Sweden,” Buffon insisted.

“We didn’t fail in spirit, attitude or unity, but we revealed some limitations.

“I’d play Cardiff again because if we gave 80-90 per cent against Sweden, against Real [Madrid] in the second half we lacked the solidity which has always been our strength.

“Maybe we thought we could play an open game, and it’s not like that. There are values, an experienced team must know that, in a certain style, they can win against anyone.

“When the level rises though, you have to be very careful.

“It’s normal that the fans have negative feelings, the lost finals are burns we’ll always carry with us.

“We players didn’t experience it like that though, when we went onto the pitch we knew it would be difficult but we had the confidence we could play it.”

Buffon also discussed Juventus as a club, having joined the Old Lady for a record fee in 2001.

“The Juventus system changed my life, changed the way I view my work and the path to take to achieve goals, even if I had a bit of that in my family anyway.

“I have parents and sisters with a sporting background, they’ve never been condescending with me. There’s a Juventus way of thinking, and finding that in Turin has only been good for me.

“This club is different to the others because in recent decades in Italy and Europe it has always been balanced and attentive in spending, but has managed to balance financial virtuosity with sporting results.

“Being at Juve isn’t for many because it’s draining, but it forges you. It’s probably a bit more fun in other places, but less successful.

“If I’d chosen Barcelona instead? It would’ve been another life, another career and it’s impossible to know how it would have gone.

“Let’s say I stayed in the tunnel at Camp Nou, but I’m really happy to have chosen Juve.”

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri doesn’t get enough credit for his “exceptional” work, according to Gianluigi Buffon.

The Bianconeri boss has won the double in each of the past three seasons, reaching two Champions League finals in that time, and the goalkeeper doesn’t feel he’s appreciated enough.

“Winning repeatedly is extremely difficult,” Buffon told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I risk getting to 2,500 days in a row where I wake up thinking ‘I have to win’. On a mental level it’s tiring.

“This year I was surprised to hear that we were in trouble. But if Napoli won every game it wasn’t our fault…

“I also heard that the defence was weaker, but the men in it were more or less the same. The club built a very strong squad, made up of men with pride, dedication, and a desire to compete and excel, who hope to win again.

“Then there’s also the management of Allegri, which no-one ever talks about because he doesn’t advertise it, which is exceptional. I feel like there are compliments for everyone, but not many for him.

“I’m not referring to anyone, it’s a dispassionate defence of the Coach. We don’t hear much about Allegri, but when you win so much it means the Coach is crucial.

“I’d never be a Coach, but if I did what I’d take from him would be his lucidity and his courageous madness which pushed him to make certain choices at certain times.”

Buffon also discussed how both he and football have changed since he made his debut at the age of 17.

“Football has improved, there’s a lot more professionalism and knowledge of every aspect, from tactics to food.

“We’ve reached unimaginable levels of excellence.

“It’s often said there are no more club symbols, but it’s just a question of choice. If you want to, you can renounce certain things to become a club symbol.

“Of course you have to find a club that has the same ambitions, as [Paolo] Maldini did at Milan.

“When have I failed to set the right example? Many times. But the good thing, which I think people appreciate of me, is humanity.

“I’m someone who in error - or in alleged error, sometimes my face has been linked with situations which had nothing to do with me - has no masks.

“There are steps you have to take if you want to become stronger as a man and have more self-esteem.

“I recognise 1,000 faults but I think I’m a transparent person, one from whom you’d never expect a sucker punch.

“I say what I have to say, but with education, respecting rules and roles.

“I don’t often watch video of my younger self, but that’s not to deny anything. That character was my strength, even if at times I feel uncomfortable about what I said and how I said it.

“That lad was crazy and strong to make a stand, even with the damage he did. That’s not me any more though, even if I look at him with sympathy.

“Life is about evolution, if I was like that at the age of 40 I’d have problems.

“Could I go into politics? Politics is a bit of a strange world, there are things which can be improved, we all see that.

“Everyone tries, but no-one succeeds - how can that be, I wonder? If these things aren’t fixed it means impotence prevails over everything.”

Buffon was one of the Italy players who held a team meeting before the second leg of the World Cup play-off against Sweden, which was seen by some as undermining CT Giampiero Ventura.

“In other years there were precise moments in which we had meetings between the players, something which seemed crazy in the national team.

“When I see ex-players on TV saying ‘in my day…’ I want to say ‘But didn’t you talk in your day?’.

“A meeting is nothing scandalous, it’s a sense of responsibility from those who want to change a negative situation. Ventura knew about it, and it was he who stimulated it.

“How much blame does Ventura have? None, and that’s not rhetoric. When you fail it’s everyone’s fault.

“There are historical moments where you’re just not up to it. Even when we were very strong it was never a walkover against Sweden, we’d win 1-0 or 2-1, always with balanced games.

“This time we happened to lose, as happened at other times, it’s just this one was really worth a lot.”

Finally, the goalkeeper was asked which of his former teammates had wasted the most talent.

“Antonio Cassano,” Buffon replied.

“The friendliest? [Tino] Asprilla, definitely. Then Simone Pepe.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon to miss appearance record?

https://www.football-italia.net/115261/buffon-miss-appearance-record

Jan 7, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon can only match the Serie A appearance record, if the Juventus goalkeeper decides to retire at the end of the season.

The veteran plans to hang up his gloves at the end of the current campaign, and looked to be in with a chance of breaking Paolo Maldini’s record of 647 league games.

However, the Bianconeri captain has been sidelined with a calf injury in recent weeks, and he’s currently on 629 appearances.

After last night’s match, there are 18 Serie A games remaining for the Old Lady, meaning Buffon can at best match Maldini’s record.

The veteran has said he’ll play on if Juve win the Champions League, so that he can play the Club World Cup, and if he does decide to play one more year he would almost certainly break the record.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bentancur: ‘Italy made Buffon ill!’

https://www.football-italia.net/115636/bentancur-‘italy-made-buffon-ill’

Jan 15, 2018

Juventus midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur says Gianluigi Buffon was “physically ill” after Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup.

The Azzurri were beaten by Sweden in the play-offs, meaning they won’t be in Russia this summer.

Buffon had planned to end his career at the tournament, and his Uruguayan teammate says the goalkeeper took the elimination badly.

“The Italians took it really badly,” Bentancur confirmed to Ovacion.

“It was terrible to see Buffon’s face, he was physically ill.

“With Cuadrado and the Argentinians we joked about how the World Cup will be. Dybala and Higuain were joking with me and telling me we have an easy group, but they know it’s not like that.

“You have to play games and win them.

“It was very important for me to be called up for the last qualifying matches and the friendlies, the group is highly competitive.

“I’ll work every day to reach Russia.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘No recipe for success’

https://www.football-italia.net/115728/buffon-‘no-recipe-success’

Jan 17, 2018

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon insists “there’s no perfect recipe” for success.

The goalkeeper attended the Pergamena dello Sport event in Turin today, and was asked for advice when speaking to the audience.

“I can’t offer any advice,” Buffon said.

“There’s no perfect recipe, because everyone has a different identity. One thing I’ve come to realise is that when I was growing up, sport was a pure delight for me, then as I’ve grown up it’s become a serious thing.

“It’s not very romantic, but there it is. Like all serious things you have to be totally dedicated to improve, and in my case to help the group improve.

“The only advice I can give you is to face things seriously.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon back in Juventus training

https://www.football-italia.net/116088/buffon-back-juventus-training

Jan 24, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon has returned to training with his Juventus teammates, after close to two months out with injury.

The goalkeeper last featured for the Bianconeri in the 1-0 win over Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo on December 1, as he’s been struggling with a thigh injury.

Following Monday night’s 1-0 win over Genoa, Coach Massimiliano Allegri said the captain would return to training this week, and the 39-year-old returned to action at Vinovo today.

Juve confirmed the news with a video posted on their official Twitter account, and Buffon will now be in contention to face Chievo at the weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘If Juventus still want me…’

https://www.football-italia.net/116190/buffon-‘if-juventus-still-want-me…’

https://www.football-italia.net/116191/buffon-‘i-won’t-be-coach’

Jan 26, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon hints he could play on next season, but it won’t be for another club - “it’s Juventus or nothing”.

The goalkeeper turns 40 on Sunday, and is expected to retire at the end of the current campaign but the decision does not appear to be set in stone.

“I’ll meet President [Andrea] Agnelli soon and we’ll talk about it,” Buffon told La Repubblica.

“I want what’s best for the team, to understand what kind of clothes I can wear, whether Juventus think I can still be important.

“I’d like it, but the best solution has to be found with the club, building together - if possible - a logical and shared path.

“Of course, I don’t want to become a problem for Juventus or my teammates.

“Would I rotate with Szczesny? I’ve always given space to others and I’m happy for Tek. He’s a great goalkeeper, and if we win the Scudetto a large part of the credit will be his. He’ll be the future.

“Could I go somewhere else if I’m not offered a new contract? It’s Juve or nothing.”

Buffon was then reminded of the criticism Dino Zoff received after his 40th birthday, and asked how time affects the reactions and reflexes of a goalkeeper.

“It’s a subject which makes me embarrassed and uncomfortable. I don’t want to be an old man who lies to himself, clinging on with his fingernails and his teeth to his legacy.

“This season I had an imperfection against Atalanta and an error on a free-kick against Spain.

“I’ve played games as a phenomenon, some normal, some maybe modest, but FIFA awarded me the Best Goalkeeper in 2017.

“I feel like I did six years ago, I don’t ask my Coaches for judgement, they judge me on the pitch every day.”

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon feels “a desire to compete which is strange for my age”, but won’t be a club Coach when he retires.

The goalkeeper could hang up his gloves at the end of the season, and he spoke to La Repubblica ahead of his 40th birthday on Sunday.

“You won’t believe it, but at this point I’m a happy person,” Buffon insisted, despite missing out on the World Cup and his recent injury.

“I prefer to find myself on the high seas with no fuel after crossing at a speed of 100 knots, rather than returning slowly and sadly to port.

“The tears in Milan went beyond the bitterness for a failure we thought was impossible, it was the consequence of a great sporting responsibility to the whole country, and the reaction of a man who at forty feels emotions more profoundly than when he was twenty.

“As for the injury, nothing happens by chance. The break was good for me, it sent me a clear message and forced me to think, and now I feel a desire to compete which is strange for my age.

“What will I do next? I’m still not thinking about it…

“A few days ago I asked Lippi for advice, we spoke on the phone. He told me to take a sabbatical year, Marcello told me to look at the football world from the outside with a bit of detachment and understand what I’m really interested in.

“I’ll tell you again, I’m not looking for a safe haven: it’s always better to live with a bit of anxiety.

“I’ve always lived with fear but I’ve learned to keep it at bay, I’ve become more humble. After [I retire] I want to work, that’s all.”

“Could I be a Coach? If it happens I won’t be a club Coach. I have a partner and three children who Iove dearly and 28 years of life behind me which people organised by the minute.

“I’d like to have the luxury of boredom. There are moments in which I wish to be alone, but only half-days of mine where I can do anything, where nothing is forbidden to me.

“I wouldn’t mind a job as a CT, it’s a stimulating commitment with an institutional and educational responsibility; representing an entire country and uniting, not dividing.

“Italy? No. I said I’d like to be a national team CT, not [that I wanted to do it] for the Azzurri.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Buffon can stop time’

https://www.football-italia.net/116195/chiellini-‘buffon-can-stop-time’

Jan 26, 2018

Giorgio Chiellini believes his Juventus teammate Gianluigi Buffon “can stop time” as he wishes him a happy birthday.

The veteran goalkeeper turns 40 on Sunday, and this could be his final year in football as he may hang up his gloves at the end of the season.

“Our first meeting? Honestly too many years have passed, we’re too old!” Chiellini smiled when asked about his teammate by La Stampa.

“For a happy memory I’d remember the start of this cycle, in Trieste against Cagliari [in 2012], and for a dark one the last Champions League final against Real Madrid in Cardiff.

“Buffon has the power to stop time, he’s better than he was a couple of years ago.

“A present for him? Gigi is only missing one big international trophy, and everyone knows what it is [the Champions League]…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zoff: ‘The era of Buffon’

https://www.football-italia.net/116197/zoff-‘-era-buffon’

Jan 26, 2018

Dino Zoff believes this will be “the era of Gianluigi Buffon” until the Juventus and Italy captain decides to retire.

The goalkeeper turns 40 on Sunday, the same age at which Zoff won the World Cup with the Azzurri in 1982.

“40 is 40, the same now as in 1982,” Zoff shrugged, speaking to Corriere della Sera.

“In the end there’s always 10 plus the goalkeeper and whoever scores the most goals wins.

“The details have changed, today you train better but you get more tired out so it balances.

“Don’t come to me and tell me it’s harder to be a goalkeeper now with the faster balls: you try catching some of those rocks [I had to catch].

“The skill of a goalkeeper is understood by this: if he lets shots in or blocks them. If they can be blocked, Buffon always does it.

“There’s nothing objective in age, it changes from athlete to athlete, from man to man. Gigi and I have always treated the body and mind like work tools, that’s why we were able to play so long.

“He’s changed his style over the years, he was able to enhance the best quality that age offered to him: first explosiveness, then experience. Only the greatest succeed in that.

“It’s impossible to rank [goalkeepers], every era has its best. Before the war there were [Gianpiero] Combi and [Ricardo] Zamora, in the 60s it was [Lev] Yashin.

“He’s the best of the last 20 years, there’s no doubt about that. Until he stops this will remain the era of Gigi Buffon.

“For me he can play for Juve for two years more if he keeps managing himself as he’s doing now, choosing his time and training in a targeted way.

“That’s always been his strength, not being satisfied and working on his personality, his mentality.

“Seeing him in tears after Sweden was a dagger to the heart. I also ended my career with the national team after defeat to Sweden, it must be destiny. He deserves a different ending to his career.

“But I also see him as potentially the man for the rebirth of Italian football. He has everything, he’s a worldwide symbol who is known and respected everywhere, even more than I was.

“Think about it, there aren’t many like him in the world. If you put his experience at the service of the system, Italian football would have more of a chance to start again.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Buffon back on Tuesday’

https://www.football-italia.net/116200/allegri-‘buffon-back-tuesday’

Jan 26, 2018

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri says Gianluigi Buffon will start in the Coppa Italia on Tuesday, and hasn’t decided on his future yet.

The goalkeeper has returned to training after a calf injury, but won’t start against Chievo tomorrow, the day before his 40th birthday.

“Tomorrow Buffon will be with the group, but he’ll take the starting shirt back in Bergamo on Tuesday,” Allegri confirmed in his pre-match Press conference.

“As for the statements made, I think they’re part of the reflections Gigi is doing, and I think that’s a separate thing.

“The priority now is to return, take his starting place and think about being a player until the end of the year.

“I went through it, when I decided I had really stopped a long time before, but I’ve never been to Buffon’s levels - I met Milan and Juventus and then stopped.

“It’s part of life though, you have to accept it. You need to understand that the time comes for us all, and after that we have another 40 years to do great things in life.

“It’s not easy, especially for the great champions, but it’s life, you can’t go back.

“We have to keep going forward, because it’s always beautiful to move forward while still being able to think about what has been done.

“The only thing Gigi has to do right now is be a player, to come back.

“On Tuesday he’ll come back in, I think this rest has been good for him because he’s regenerated after the World Cup loss.

“We’re all waiting for him with open arms.”

Antonio Conte had to deal with Alessandro Del Piero's last Juventus season, while Luciano Spalletti did the same with Francesco Totti at Roma - is it difficult?

"Difficult no, because when Gigi was out of the team, he wasn't playing because he was injured. He'd have played otherwise, and from Tuesday he'll take back his starting position.

"There's no problem. Then at the end of the year he'll reflect and he'll decide, but we all reflect every day.

"He's in a period where he has a little more to think about, but right now he doesn't need to think, he needs to get back to being a footballer."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'I haven't decided yet.

The two games I regret'

https://www.football-italia.net/116333/buffon-i-havent-decided-yet

https://www.football-italia.net/116334/buffon-two-games-i-regret

Jan 28, 2018

Gigi Buffon celebrates his 40th birthday today and the Juventus captain admits he hasn’t decided if this is his final season. “The future is the least of my problems.”

“I was a midfielder for four or five years, then in 1990 it was love at first sight for Thomas N’Kono of Cameroon in the World Cup, so I became a goalkeeper,” explained SuperGigi to Che Tempo Che Fa.

“When you’re a child, these big characters really capture your imagination. I’ve had the best life a man can have, for a man who loves sport the way I do. Sport is really a training ground for life, so if you start early, I think it can also stop you going down the wrong path.”

He was asked if this would be his final year as a football player.

“I’ve been doing this for 25-28 years, so that’s a lot to look back on. I haven’t decided yet, because I need to meet the President. The future is the least of my problems.

“What I want is that we make the right choice, so I’m sure that with the aid of the President – someone who really cares for my well-being – and all of Juve, we’ll make the right decision for someone of my age and what could be my role in future.”

Due to a calf injury, Buffon has missed several games this season, meaning he cannot match Paolo Maldini’s all-time Serie A appearance record.

“At times it’s best not to force things. You should also know how to be happy with what you’ve got. I think I’ve had many records in my career and if this record were to remain with Paolo, I’d be happy, because he is someone who really deserves it.

“I like things to happen organically, otherwise you have to take a step back and be happy with what you’ve got, as I received so much already.”

Buffon also posted a video message on social media in which he hoped not to “let down the people who think so highly of me.” What did he mean by that?

“At times it is embarrassing to see the great respect people have for me. I don’t quite know what to do with that. This includes our French cousins, who have shown me so much affection and respect over the years, even though our countries have this rivalry.

“With the Nazionale, I do get a warm welcome everywhere. When I’m playing for Juve… we know that Juve are a team that divides people, so in certain historically hostile stadiums I don’t get quite such a warm welcome.”

When Italy failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, Coach Giampiero Ventura bailed on the post-match television interview, so Buffon took his place. His tears earned messages of support and love from all over the world.

“I have to say that is something that gave me great strength, because at times, aside from the whole Superman heroics cover, at the end of the day there is humanity and fragility. At times, a pat on the shoulder really can help you.”

He was also given a charming welcome from the crowd in London at the FIFA Awards last month, when he gave his speech in English.

“I thought it was only a sign of respect in an English theatre full of English people to speak their language. I could manage 20-25 words…”

Gigi Buffon confessed the two games he’d love to play all over again, but won’t be rushed into choosing his future role.

Today is the Juventus and Italy goalkeeper’s 40th birthday, you can read our extensive tribute to the living legend.

He was asked if there was a match he would like to play all over again, one with the most regrets.

“Yes, I’d like to replay the Juve-Real Madrid Champions League Final from last year and the Euro 2012 Final Italy-Spain, because those are the only games where we lost without putting on to the field the qualities and characteristics of Juve and Italy,” Buffon told Che Tempo Che Fa.

Juventus were beaten 4-1 in that Champions League Final on June 3, 2017. The result in the Euro 2012 Final in Kiev was even harsher, as Spain emerged 4-0 winners.

He already said that no decision has yet been made on if this is the last season as a player, so what has SuperGigi considered for his future?

“I see myself in football, because at the end of the day, it has always been my life. I don’t think I can know right now if it’ll be as a Coach or a director or what, because I’ll need a five or six month sabbatical when I stop and use that to clear my head.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Don’t want to be a burden’

https://www.football-italia.net/117184/buffon-‘don’t-want-be-burden’

Feb 14, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon says he’ll meet Juventus for “a definitive choice” on his future at the end of the season, but “I would never want to become a burden”.

The goalkeeper had planned to retire at the end of the current campaign, but there have been hints in recent weeks that he could change his mind.

The Bianconeri captain has spoken to Maurizio Costanzo in an interview which will be broadcast in full tomorrow night, with Canale 5 releasing some excerpts today.

“I cannot create false expectations or tell lies,” Buffon said.

“The truth is that there’s a gentleman’s agreement with the President [Andrea Agnelli] and before the end of the season I’ve to meet with him.

“When that happens we’ll take stock of the situation and make a definitive choice. A player would never stop playing…

“The World Cup elimination? Those were difficult days, I wanted to end my career with the World Cup.

“It seemed the perfect way, it would have been the perfect final catwalk. Unfortunately that’s not how it went, but I also think that at 40 I have to make certain statements, because it’s right to take a step back.

“It’s also a matter of sensitivity because I’ve always been a strong point for my teams, and I would never want to become a burden.

“At 40 you don’t have to say it anymore, but it’s up to others.”

Buffon was also asked about another painful memory, the Calciopoli scandal which saw the Old Lady relegated to Serie B in 2006.

“It hurt me. Not a lot, a huge amount. I was gratuitously besmirched not once but twice, and on an aspect that is fundamental for me - namely fair play.

“The thing that hurt me most was calcioscommesse, without a doubt [Buffon was accused of illegally betting on games, but later cleared of all charges].

“Two cowards took aim at a sportsman and a man who didn’t deserve it. I don’t hold a grudge against anyone, but if I had to see certain people again I’d be angry.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zoff: ‘Buffon has to decide’

https://www.football-italia.net/117768/zoff-‘buffon-has-decide’

Feb 26, 2017

Dino Zoff admits “quitting is difficult” but says Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon has to decide “without this push and pull”.

The 40-year-old had planned to retire after this summer’s World Cup, but Italy didn’t qualify and it’s now thought he’s reconsidering his decision.

Zoff, another legendary Italian goalkeeper, retired at the age of 43 and says Buffon can’t be pushed into anything.

“Quitting is difficult,” Zoff admitted on Radio Anch’io Sport.

“I believe he has to make the right decisions in conjunction with his club, without continuing with this push and pull, which would be counter-productive.

“It’s very bad to know that we’ll see a World Cup without Italy, especially knowing that other less decorated teams will be participating.

“I’m confident that we’ll do well enough in the future, times have changed and Italian players need to play.

“There are a lot of foreigners in the clubs and we need to develop our own talent.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘I’ve made my choice’

https://www.football-italia.net/117795/buffon-‘i’ve-made-my-choice’

https://www.football-italia.net/117794/buffon-‘responsibility-italy’

https://www.football-italia.net/117796/buffon-‘juventus-were-presumptuous’

Feb 27, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon has decided what he’ll do after this season “but we’ll announce it when the time comes”.

The goalkeeper is out of contract at the end of the current season, and had initially planned to hang up his gloves.

There have been rumours in recent weeks though that he could play on, and while a decision has been taken it won’t be announced yet.

“The only thing I have to do right now is focus on the end of the season,” Buffon shrugged, speaking to Tiki Taka.

“The thing I can tell you is that I’m sure and I’m very happy with what will be my choice, together with the club, but we’ll announce it when the time comes.

“Right now it’s a point in the season where we have to be very concentrated.

“Each of us must follow the path that is inside of us, the passion that slowly grows in your own soul.

“Just as it was natural that it led me to being a footballer, I hope to have another flame of passion, perhaps not such a big one, that will show me a role and a path to follow for the future.

“As I often say, I think that for those who experience strong emotions like we do and have an important role like ours, stopping playing really is like a first death that you suffer.

“It’s inevitable, but it’s such a big shock and at such a young age an experience which is so beautiful it can seem like everything else has no value stops.

“But then I think you calmly realise, with serenity and conscience, that there are many other things that can give you satisfaction, many other things which can make you feel important and bring you other joys.”

Francesco Totti retired last year, and has made it clear he still feels the desire to step out on the pitch…

“I’ve known Francesco since the national Under-15 team, so we spent 25 years of football together, we shared important things.

“I’m not discovering anything or saying anything new when I underline that he, along with Del Piero, Pirlo and Roberto Baggio have been the absolute best talents of the last 25-30 years. 

“I’m talking about the attacking phase of course, otherwise I’d also have to include Paolo Maldini, Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro and co.

“Totti cut the chord which tied him to Roma as a sporting club, distancing him from the role of a player, but I also think that time comes for everyone and unfortunately when it does you have to take note.

“You need to make another choice and prepare for a different life. That’s normal and very… I don’t mean simple, because it could also be complicated but… inevitable.

“I don’t think there was any malice, any thought in what Francesco said. Francesco just expressed a feeling that I think will always be with him.

“It will always be with anyone who has been a protagonist on the pitch, who have had the good fortune and skill to make such an important mark.

“It’ll always be there, even at the age of 70.”

Buffon was also asked about another veteran star, tennis legend Roger Federer.

“Sometimes we message or write each other, we psychoanalyse each other. In a beautiful interview three or four years ago they asked him the secret of his longevity and he said: ‘I’m inspired by Buffon’.

“Clearly that was a very cute statement.”

Gianluigi Buffon confirms he’ll answer the call if Luigi Di Biagio picks him for Italy - “it’s a sense of responsibility”.

The Juventus goalkeeper could retire at the end of the season, and it was assumed that the World Cup play-off second leg with Sweden would be his final match for his country.

However, caretaker CT Di Biagio said yesterday that he could ask the veteran for “two or three more games”, stating he’d call him for the March friendlies with Argentina and England.

“There’s nothing to add,” Buffon told Tiki Taka.

“There’s the sense of responsibility and attachment I feel I can give to the national team, even in this moment of transition, in a cycle of friendlies, games which will definitely be delicate.

“I definitely thought I’d be going on holiday with the family for a few days, but I think when the national team has a need - even a small need - it’s right to respond and not desert, aware that from June there will be other types of discourse.

“It’s certainly a form of loyalty, but it’s also a sense of responsibility because beyond that, starting from whatever my future will be from June onward, is a new expedition, one which is waiting to be born.

“Those who are going and playing their first games don’t have ones they can face with utmost serenity, because straight away they face [Lionel] Messi and co and then they face England in England.

“If there’s maybe even one experienced player who can give a word of advice, or say something comforting, or make their own experience available I think they [the younger players] can do well straight away.”

Gigi Buffon feels Juventus were “too presumptuous” against Real Madrid in last year’s Champions League final.

The Bianconeri have reached the final of the competition three times with the veteran in goal, but they’ve lost every time and were thrashed 4-1 by Real Madrid last season.

“Look, I’ve been a protagonist in three lost finals,” Buffon pointed out in his interview with Tiki Taka.

“I don’t know if that could have an effect, but against Milan [in 2003] we lost because we missed three penalties out of five, something that only happens to me by the way!

“It happened in that final with Milan, it happened with Germany at the Euros, we missed three out of five and it also happened to me against Napoli, we missed four out of eight.

“Then in the past three years we met Barcelona who, unfortunately for us, were just a superior team and despite that we were in the game until the end.

“Maybe we deservedly lost, but it came down to incidents. Then we met Real Madrid and that’s the only game where we were a bit too presumptuous.

“We came in to the game mistakenly thinking we could play on par with them, or play football just like them.

“If you see a team like Real Madrid - just look at the names - and think that way it means you’ve evaluated the opponent badly.”

Juve have won the Scudetto for the past six years in a row, but this weekend’s postponed game with Atalanta allowed Napoli to go four points clear with last night’s win over Spal.

“Psychologically and mathematically it was definitely better at +1, that’s inevitable.

“We’re a team though, we’re battlers and fighters so we know if we want to get the seventh consecutive Scudetto this year we’ll really have to pull off… I won’t say a miracle, but something amazing and extraordinary because Napoli really aren’t giving anything away.”

Gigi was then asked if he’d want the Partenopei to take the title if he wasn’t the Juventus goalkeeper…

“I’ll tell you the truth, I think beyond being the Juventus goalkeeper I’m a fan of sport,” Buffon replied with a laugh.

“I like stories of feeling, of passion, and in Naples and Neapolitan sport you have all of that.

“What disappointed me - and I say this solely as an Italian and a lover of football - was seeing how Napoli went out of a cup [the Europa League] they could have made their own.

“In the end it comes down to playing two or three more games, a team like Napoli had the potential to play their cards better and get to the end.

“Unlike what Corrado Ferlaino said, that he cheered for Juve up to the final and then no, I’d have cheered Napoli in the final, hoping for them to win.

“It’s right that a team that plays so well, that plays the football they do, is rewarded.

“I think Napoli are a team in their attacking phase, but they also have incredible individuals when you look at Callejon, Mertens, Insigne, and Hamsik. Right now Allan is an added value too.”

Could Italy have qualified for the World Cup with Insigne on the pitch against Sweden?

“I’ll tell you instead how I saw Insigne after the Sweden game. For me Lorenzo proved himself to be a champion then, an extremely mature player who thinks about the group.

“When the Sweden match ended he didn’t make a statement against the Coach, he didn’t try to be a polemical player which says a lot about Lorenzo’s growth in the past few years.

“Pepe Reina? He’s a great goalkeeper, very decisive, especially in Napoli’s style of play which he has such a big impact on.

“As well as his saves, he also starts the action with how he can find his teammates with his feet.

“He’s a goalkeeper who has an impact on the team and on the matches, because he has a great personality and great charisma.

“Many times that brings you more points than making saves.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent: ‘Nothing has changed for Buffon’

https://www.football-italia.net/117813/agent-‘nothing-has-changed-buffon’

Feb 27, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent says the Juventus goalkeeper always said he’d never turn down an Italy call, and still hasn’t decided his future.

The 40-year-old has confirmed that he’ll accept a call-up to the Azzurri squad from interim CT Luigi Di Biagio, while hinting that he already knows whether he’ll retire or not.

“Nothing has changed since November,” Silvano Martina said on Radio Sportiva, referencing the World Cup play-off defeat to Sweden.

“Gigi has always stated that if the national team called him he would answer. This is an important step for Italy, there will be a new generation and Gigi’s experience could be useful.

“When you get to Gigi’s age you have to take everything day-by-day. Getting called by the national team is very satisfying, Gigi is very attached to the Azzurri and he wants to finish well.

“This could be a chance to do that, and also he could be a help for the new goalkeepers who must take over.

“Will he retire? That’s a decision only Gigi can take. When I’ve spoken to him he’s always told me he’ll decide at the end of the season.

“Whether he decides to continue or to stop, he’ll do it to protect his legacy.”

Juventus have already brought in Wojciech Szczesny, could Buffon stay on and be his backup?

“Age is relative you have to look at performances. If he decides to continue he should be treated as a 20-year-old, if you get called-up it’s because you feel strong.

“We have a group of young players of value, the future of the national team will be important, but an experienced helping hand can be useful.

“Gigi would do anything for the national team and he’s given his availability for the future.”

Some have suggested it may be time for Buffon to hang up the gloves, following his mistake against Tottenham in the Champions League…

“Unfortunately there’s no calm in judgements anymore, you can’t judge by one incident. Gigi was out for a month and a half with injury, when he returned he went three games without conceding a goal and was decisive with Atalanta and Fiorentina.

“He made a mistake against Tottenham but you can’t trace it back to his age. Just a few months ago he was awarded the best goalkeeper in the Champions League, so we’re talking about a complete athlete.

“Whatever his future will be, he’ll decide with great serenity.

“If he still feels that fire inside he’ll continue, otherwise he is a very intelligent lad and will make the best decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Astori a truly good person'

https://www.football-italia.net/118051/buffon-astori-truly-good-person

Mar 4, 2018

Italy captain Gigi Buffon sent a heartfelt message after the sudden death of Fiorentina defender Davide Astori. “Your family deserves to know you were a TRULY GOOD PERSON.”

The 31-year-old Viola captain was found dead this morning in his hotel room ahead of the planned Serie A match against Udinese.

“Ciao dear Asto,” wrote Buffon on Instagram.

“I rarely publicly express my thoughts on a person, because I always allowed the beauty and unique nature of rapports, of reciprocal respect and affection, to avoid being used or misused by those who don’t have the decency to respect certain bonds.

“In your case, I feel the need to make an exception to the rule, because you have a young wife and family who are suffering, but above all a little girl, who deserves to know that her father was in every way A GOOD PERSON… a TRULY GOOD PERSON…

“You were the best expression of an old-fashioned world, one that people have left behind, with values like altruism, elegance, politeness and respect towards others.

“Compliments genuinely, you were one of the best sporting figures I ever came up against.

“R.I.P.

“Your crazy Gigi.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Di Biagio: Buffon still ‘crucial’

https://www.football-italia.net/118410/di-biagio-buffon-still-crucial

March 12, 2018

Luigi Di Biagio admits Gianluigi Buffon’s presence in the Italy set-up is ‘crucial’ as the goalkeeper has a role to play “off the pitch”.

Buffon was reportedly annoyed by Di Biagio’s remarks that his Italy career did not have to end with the playoff defeat to Sweden, but the Azzurri caretaker made it clear “everything’s fine” with the Juventus veteran.

“There’s nothing to say about Buffon,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s all good with him, and as for the question of whether I’ll call him up, Gigi will give me an answer.

“Still, as for first impressions, he’s thrilled to come and give me a hand on and off the pitch. “It’s a problem that doesn’t exist and one that makes me laugh because I can’t deny something that doesn’t exist.

“What I said was clear: Buffon’s time in Azzurro didn’t have to end with Sweden, and I need him on and off the pitch.

“We’ll see how many games he can play, it’s not a problem, but his presence is crucial. Someone has enjoyed fabricating a problem that never existed.

“On Friday, after having watched a news story on TV, I called Buffon because there were some inaccuracies that bothered me.

“Still, I repeat that I can’t deny something that doesn’t exist. Everything’s fine with Gigi, we’re in sync.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: Here for two reasons…

https://www.football-italia.net/118732/buffon-here-two-reasons

Mar 19, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon has explained why he chose to accept Italy’s call-up – to ‘unify’ the squad and for Davide Astori.

Buffon was selected in Luigi De Biagio’s first Italy squad for their friendlies against Argentina and England, despite a growing belief that the Juventus veteran’s time was up on the international scene.

“I’m a consistent person, who feels a great sense of responsibility,” the goalkeeper was quoted as saying by Calciomercato.com.

“That alone is enough to explain my presence. In addition, I’ve always been an unifying element in the national set-up, and I’d like my presence to be seen in this way.

“The young lads will grow, some already have, and from tomorrow they’ll get their chance.

“Astori? Davide is another reason why I’m here and why I wanted to attend and respond to this call.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon close to clean sheet record

https://www.football-italia.net/118760/buffon-close-clean-sheet-record

Mar 19, 2018

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will beat his own Serie A clean sheet record, if he doesn’t concede in the first 43 minutes against Milan.

The Bianconeri haven’t conceded a single league goal in 2018, and they’ve let in just one since the 3-2 loss to Sampdoria on November 19.

That goal was conceded in a 3-1 win over Verona, when Wojciech Szczesny was between the posts, as he was against Samp.

Buffon hasn’t conceded for 10 consecutive games, and in total he’s gone 931 minutes without picking the ball out of his net.

In Saturday’s game against Spal at the Stadio Paolo Mazza, he once again beat Sebastian Rossi’s record from 1993-94, when the Milan goalkeeper went 929 minutes without conceding.

Now Gigi is looking to break his own record from the 2015-16 season, when he went 973 minutes without conceding before Andrea Belotti beat him in the Derby della Mole.

A clean sheet in the first half against Milan when Serie A resumes will see him beat his own record.

However, he’s still barely halfway to the world record of 1816 minutes, which was set by Vasco da Gama’s Pereira de Matos in the 1992-93 season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130760 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon names World Cup contenders

https://www.football-italia.net/118967/buffon-names-world-cup-contenders

Mar 24, 2018

Gigi Buffon believes Argentina are World Cup favourites along with Brazil, Germany and Spain, but Italy are “in a reconstruction phase.”

The 40-year-old goalkeeper made some big saves in last night’s friendly in Manchester, but the Azzurri still lost 2-0 to the Seleccion.

“We have to tip our hats to Argentina, as they put in a fine performance,” Buffon told South American reporters.

“It could’ve ended in a draw, 0-0, 1-1 or 2-2, but they managed to convert their chances and we did not. Italy are in a reconstruction phase after failing to qualify for the World Cup. It’s an unusual moment in history, but in another era Italy-Argentina would’ve been a World Cup semi-final or even Final.

“Argentina have immense potential, with great players in attack and some very strong defenders too. They are one of the candidates to win the trophy this summer along with Brazil, Germany and Spain.”

Buffon denied his Juventus teammate Gonzalo Higuain, but Paulo Dybala was left at home by Coach Jorge Sampaoli.

“We are happy to have him at Juve and I have no doubts Dybala will be at the World Cup. Higuain is a champion and his return to the national team is absolutely deserved.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti