Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Juventus Need More Quality To Close Gap On Inter -

Gianluigi Buffon

Buffon has clearly indicated what he feels the club nees to do in order to catch up with Inter...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has sent a clear message to the club's directors by claiming that quality is needed if they are to compete with bitter rivals Inter.

The Italian international has endured a disappointing season which will end fruitlessly after a poor harvest. Buffon feels that Juve are way behind the Nerazzurri as he prepares to watch them lift a fourth successive title. Juve are on the verge of sealing deals for Diego and Fabio Cannavaro, but Buffon insists more quality is needed.

"The truth is that we are not competitive like Inter and we are not even on the same level of at least two other teams," Buffon told Il Corriere Della Sera.

"I think a bit more quality in certain areas is needed, in midfield for example. We have good players, but we have missed Cristiano Zanetti and Mohamed Sissoko.

"It's like when Inter miss Maicon or [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic. This provides a clear indication."

It's not the first time Buffon has underlined the significance of competing with the champions-elect as he prepares to play Atalanta this weekend.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon calls on Juventus to buy big this summer

17.05.09 | tribalfootball.com

Gigi Buffon has called on Juventus to buy big this summer.

?The truth is that we can't compete with Inter and we are not even on the same level as the top two,? Buffon moaned in the Corriere della Sera.

?I think we need a bit more quality in certain areas, such as the midfield where we have missed Cristiano Zanetti and Momo Sissoko.

?It is like when Inter are lacking Douglas Maicon or Zlatan Ibrahimovic - that gives you a clear idea of how things are.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Juventus Need To Be More Competitive - Gianluigi Buffon

The Italian international is happy with Cannavaro's return as he is aware

that the club have to bring in more quality if they are to return to their glory days...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is urging the club to spend more money during the transfer window, underlining the importance of being competitive next season.

Juve have already added Fabio Cannavaro to their ranks and they are working hard to seal Brazilian ace Diego's passage to Turin from Werder Bremen. Buffon feels more additions are required if his team are to challenge for major honours in future.

"I want the team to be more competitive next season, I do my work, and let's leave the directors to do theirs," Buffon told Don Ballon magazine.

"It's clear that I am keeping an eye open for what is being done on the transfer front."

Cannavaro will return to the club in July after agreeing a one-year deal last week. Buffon is delighted Juve have managed to re-capture the defender.

"I am really happy with his return because he is a great champion and he knows how to motivate the dressing room," added Buffon.

"If we are to get back to the highest level then we have to get players like him in."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon demands Juventus buy big this summer

26.05.09 | tribalfootball.com

Gigi Buffon has urged Juventus to buy big this summer.

The goalkeeper said: "I have a contract until 2013, so I still have a long time here, but I would like the team to be more competitive next season.

"I am a player and I have to think about my work and let the managers do theirs. At any rate, even from the outside I'm very attentive to what is being done."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon To Stay At Juventus ? Agent

Agent Silvano Martina has insisted that his client is going nowhere.

Agent Silvano Martina has proclaimed that Gianluigi Buffon will not make summer move away from his club.

Martina admitted back in April that Buffon could leave Juventus for a ?crazy offer?, but has now revealed there is no chance the 31-year-old will depart the Stadio Olimpico.

?Buffon will definitely not be moving away from Turin as his rapport with Juventus is solid,? Martina told 24oredisport.com.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon: Juventus Will Be Succesful

The goalkeeper has envisioned the path to glory on all fronts...

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is gearing up for success on both the domestic and international fronts as he gives his views on both teams.

The Bianconeri have been busy investing in new recruits as they continue to strengthen ahead of next season. The goalkeeper believes his club side have the right mix of ingredients to stir up a recipe for glory.

"The foundations of the team are good, and if we continue to improve then we will be able to fight for important things," Buffon told his official website.

"The arrivals of Cannavaro and Diego are surely two moves which give us hope."

Buffon will be involved in the Confederations Cup tournament in South Africa in less than two weeks and he believes the Nazionale have a good chance of winning the trophy.

"We will be playing some of the strongest teams in the world," added the Italian.

"This competition is not like the World Cup or the Euros in terms of value, but we want to do well and we will aim to win."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon excited about Juventus signings

08.06.09 | tribalfootball.com

Gigi Buffon is excited about the changes now occurring at Juventus.

"I have no doubt, next season you will see a beautiful team," said the Juve goalkeeper. "Juve have made good acquisitions, we have the right players.

"I do not know if others are weakening, but for sure, next season you will see a beautiful team.''

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon: Next Season Serie A Will Be Beautiful Again

After a season in which Inter won the Scudetto without breaking sweat,

the Juve 'keeper believes next season could well be a much closer affair?

As Inter and Milan prepare to lose two of their most prized possessions in potential Spanish raids during the transfer window, Juventus number one, Gigi Buffon, believes the current situation could make the league more competitive in the coming campaign.

Speaking to ANSA from Italy?s Coverciano training complex, Buffon remarked, ?I have no doubts, next season the championship will be beautiful again. Juventus has made some great purchases and I think we have made the correct choices with regards to the areas which need reinforcing.?

The World Cup winning stopper then finished with an ironic statement regarding the possible departure of two of Serie A?s biggest stars, namely Kaka and Ibrahimovic.

?Kaka and Ibra? I don?t know whether the other sides will be weaker next season, if so, maybe the title will be won by who is least dreadful!? laughed the Juve glovesman.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Arsenal Can Forget About Gianluigi Buffon - Agent

The odds are long that the ex Parma prodigy will be minding

the net at the Emirates next season...

Gianluigi Buffon?s agent has reiterated that it would be hard to imagine a scenario in which his star client would leave Juventus.

Rumours linking Arsenal with the top-rated Italian keeper have resurfaced in recent weeks even though Juve reportedly rejected a massive ?75m bid from Manchester City for the custodian just last January.

?I saw something in the newspapers but I don?t think that he will move from Juventus,? Paolo Fabbri told setanta.com.

?He was quite near to Manchester City a few months ago, in January, but then at the end of the day he decided to stay there.

?There was only an enquiry, nothing more.

?Only some crazy offer completely outside of the market can make him and Juventus change their minds.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon: Kaka & Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leaving Is Good For Juventus

The goalkeeper admitted that he rejected the temptation to leave Turin,

gloating that the transfer market is smiling on the Old Lady.

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was not sad to see Milan

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Juventus keeper Buffon honoured to be in Mandela's South Africa

14.06.09 | tribalfootball.com

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon admits he's proud to be part of Italy's Confederations Cup squad in South Africa.

There is news that Nelson Mandela should be in the stands for the opening match of the tournament between South Africa and Iraq.

Buffon said:

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Happy Juventus Continue To Buy Italians Over Foreigners

As the masses spend millions on foreign stars, the Juve No. 1 is happy with his club?s decision to shop locally...

Following a week of world record transfers, namely involving Real Madrid, Gianluigi Buffon spoke of his content with the Juventus squad as they take a more pragmatic approach to the transfer window.

Speaking to Rai from Italy?s Confederations Cup base in South Africa, the Italian stopper was positive of his clubs progress to build for next season. ?If Juve had spent all that money I would have surprised. We understand that the club is making modifications but in a much more balanced manner," he said.

"I am happy that Juve is looking to get stronger, but seeing other clubs weaken doesn?t fill me with so much joy. What is important is that the best continue to win, not the least weakened.?

As Juve continue to be linked with a number of home grown players, Buffon also commented on his side?s approach to favour local produce over foreign imports. ?I like the ?native? Juve,? he smiled. ?We have always taken a similar approach and it would be nice to stay this way given what Juve stands for in Italy.

"At times foreign players come in and they don?t understand, and this doesn?t help. To have a national side full of Juventus players can?t help but make me smile.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon Proud Of Juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Juventus keeper Buffon: No need for panic from Italy

20.06.09 | tribalfootball.com

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon insists there's no need for panic within the Italy camp after their shock 1-0 Confederations Cup defeat to Egypt.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Need To Close The Gap With Inter

Buffon is looking ahead to next season's challenges as he gives his views on the past, present and future...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is gearing himself up for a tough season, and he insists the gap with Inter needs to be closed if his side are to challenge for major honours.

The Italian international is currently on holiday, but he has spoken through his official website as he underlines the guidelines for next term.

"We will start off with the best ingredients in order to do well, but we know that a long season with many objectives is ahead of us," the goalkeeper told his official website.

"Unfortunately the end of season did not go to plan, but we have to continue playing in a balanced league and we have to cancel the gap with Inter."

La Nazionale custodian has also given his views on Italy's failed attempts at the Confederations Cup.

"I am not trying to find excuses, but I am sure that we did not arrive in South Africa in the best condition," added Buffon.

"At best we were only at 60 percent. We will be at our best next year and we will be ready."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Crave The Scudetto

The goalkeeper hails Brazilian duo Diego and Melo, backs Cannavaro and throws down gauntlet to Inter.

Juventus have been one of the most active clubs in the transfer market this summer and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is confident the Old Lady have closed the gap on Italian champions Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Inter Have Some Problems - Juventus Goalkeeper Buffon

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon thinks that Zlatan Ibrahimovic's desire to leave Inter

and coach Jose Mourinho's earlier complaints suggest all is not well with the Italian champions...

With Inter and Barcelona about to complete the mega-deal that will take Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Spain, while Samuel Eto'o, as well as around 40 million euros and Aliaksandr Hleb, on loan, go to Italy, there are many in the peninsula who think the Nerazzurri will struggle and are weakened by this transfer operation.

Juventus, with their new signings Felipe Melo and Diego, are expected to provide much sterner opposition for the Italian champions than in past years.

Their goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon also thinks the fact that Ibrahimovic wanted to leave so badly, and that coach Jose Mourinho recently claimed he was dissatisfied with the squad he had available, is a hint that Inter are starting to lose their solidity as a club.

"Competing against a club that seems to be having some problems could be an advantage," he said to Tuttosport.

The Italian international also talked about new signing Diego and the optimism among the squad ahead of the new season.

"I must admit he has already impressed me," Buffon said. "Most of all because he arrived in Italy amidst a lot of bells and whistles, but he approached the group calmly, showing a lot of humility. He also has undoubted qualities, which is why I'm sure he'll be able to help us make a jump in quality.

"I have very positive feelings, the transfer campaign certainly reinforced us, the club has done great work. It's the right road, there's no doubt, but at this point it's best not to talk too much and show we are competitive on the pitch."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Are Strong Enough To Challenge For Everything

The goalkeeper is eyeing major honours as he gives his views on the burning issues of Calcio...

Juventus can challenge for every major trophy this season as Gianluigi Buffon underlines his ambitions and pledges his future to the club.

The goalkeeper believes Juve's impressive transfer campaign, that saw the arrivals of Diego, Felipe Melo and Fabio Cannavaro, will be key to kicking forward the hunt for honours.

"We have strengthened really well and we are better compared to last year," Buffon told the press.

"I want to win with this shirt, but I don't want to make useless predictions."

The Italian international has been linked with a move away from the club, but he is in no mood to read into exit stories as he shows his dedication to the Bianconeri.

"I want to stay at Juventus. I have no intention of leaving and I will stay here in future," added the shot-stopper

"I am lucky to wear this shirt. It fills me with pride. In the past I would have preferred to move, but not anymore."

The Bianconeri clash with Seongnam tomorrow night. A win will see them progress to the Peace Cup semi-final where they may face Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid.

"I would like to play Real Madrid. I am enjoying the Peace Cup and it would be fun to play them," he added.

Buffon feels the Samuel Eto'o - Zlatan Ibrahimovic deal has not made Inter any weaker.

"Inter are still very strong. They sold Ibrahimovic but replaced him with Eto'o. He is someone who scores plenty of goals. I think it was an equal exchange," added the 'keeper.

"Eto'o is a champion. He scored in two Champions League finals. Inter are not weaker."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Not Celebrating Inter's Supercoppa Italiana Loss

The former Parma shot-stopper will not be exalting Lazio's victory in China

because the Bianconeri have yet to prove they are at the same level...

50721_news.jpg

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has not been left overjoyed by Inter's loss to Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana, hinting that the Old Lady still have some work to do before they start their competitive campaign.

According to the World Cup winner, he feels his side are still not at the same level in their preparations as the Nerazzurri, especially after the 4-1 friendly loss to Villarreal.

"No, I did not celebrate," he said at Coverciano, where Italy are training ahead of their friendly with Switzerland, according to Datasport.

"We have not yet arrived at these levels."

Meanwhile, he is hoping for a good performance with the Italian national team against Switzerland, when captain Fabio Cannavaro could potentially set an appearance record by winning his 127th cap, surpassing the legendary Paolo Maldini.

"We will try to celebrate Cannavaro

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Italy Have The Same Chance Of Winning World Cup As In 2006 - Buffon

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon talked about being a part of the Azzurri's old guard

and the team's chances of successfully defending their World Cup title next summer.

Earlier today Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon had said that he wouldn't mind seeing his Juventus team-mate Amauri join the Azzurri national team. However, he also talked about several other topics to Sky Sport, concerning both his club and the national team.

"The young players have shown good personality and they were ready," he said. "That is what makes the difference. If they maintain these characteristics they won't have problems to impose themselves in the national team."

On Mauro Camoranesi's injury in yesterday's friendly against Switzerland, "It's not a good thing for Juve, because Mauro is one of the most underrated players in the world. He is one of the few players we have at Juve who can improve the team's quality when he is feeling good physically."

About being called a player of the 'old guard', Buffon said, "I don't feel old, I am 31 and a goalkeeper, so I feel anything but old. Maybe it's because I've been in the national team for 13 years, but just looking at my age I'm not old at all. Many of the players who were involved in the World Cup victory are referred to as 'old' now.

"I think that in the end it's not age that matters, I think certain players should be evaluated for what they give on the pitch and not their birth certificate."

Asked what Italy's chances are of winning the World Cup again next summer, he said, "I think there's a very small chance, but it's the same we had just before the 2006 World Cup. If we are all in top form, I think our chances are the same.

"Do Juve have a better chance of winning the Scudetto? I should hope so. During a World Cup there are five to seven national teams capable of winning it, but the league is like a war, it's restricted to three or four teams, so clearly the possibilities grow."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Inter Are Really Strong, But Juventus Can Challenge Them

The Bianconeri shot-stopper feels his side are as good as the Nerazzurri...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has hailed bitter rivals Inter, but he has warned them not to expect any easy cruise towards the title.

The Italian international has been left impressed with the strength and depth of the Nerazzurri following a decent transfer campaign. However, he feels his Bianconeri side have what it takes to challenge them.

"I have seen a great Inter. They impressed me with the personality and play. They are really strong," Buffon told Tuttosport.

"However, we can gain some joy and we hope to. Our process of growth continues and we will see if we are doing things right after some time.

"We have to start well and everything will become serious next Sunday."

Although Buffon believes Juve have closed the gap, he was unclear about how far behind his side are compared to the Beneamata.

"Have we caught up with Inter? I don't want to respond to this question," added Buffon.

"When we were in their position, winning all the time, the same questions were asked to other teams, and this used to annoy me."

Juventus beat Inter in the Trofeo Tim friendly tournament on Friday night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

'Real Ronaldo' Is Better Than Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Gianluigi Buffon

Buffon has compared a former and a current Barcelona striker, and the Italian votes for the former...

Legendary Brazilian striker Ronaldo is better than Barcelona hitman Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

Buffon, who was asked to name the best player he had ever faced during his career, chose Ronaldo over his former Juve team-mate.

The former Parma shot-stopper believes that Ronaldo could have become the greatest of all time, and hailed the career of the Corinthians hitman.

"Ibrahimovic? Bah, Ronaldo has won two World Cups and he was top scorer during three World Cups," Buffon told GQ magazine.

"Ronaldo used to win games by himself, both hard and easy fixtures. The real Ronaldo has always been a champion for me.

"He will always be remembered among the greatest, but he could have been better than anyone, including Pele and Maradona."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon: 'I thought Juve wanted to get rid of me'

calciomercato.com

In a long interview to Repubblica, Juventus keeper, Gianluigi Buffon, revealed his doubts about the club: "Last October there were lots of rumors about me, from other clubs' offers to my divorce with Alena. I thought they wanted to get rid of me, but I was wrong".

Buffon, what your prediction for this season?

"Last year I said Milan, now I am more cautious. I can only say that I was impressed by Inter".

Juve's fans say Juve...

"That's OK. We also have our desideres but we must be realistic".

What Elkann and Blanc told you when you wanted to see them?

"I wanted to know if they still wanted me".

Weren't you convinced?

"There were lots of rumors about me last October: offers from abroad and not only from abroad, strange rumors. Nobody denied, so I thought there was something true. Then I heard that someone spread the rumor that I was separating from my wife Alena... I thought that it was a plan to get rid of me. You know, a footballer is like a cuckhold, he's always the last to know things about him...".

What was the club's reaction?

"They were surprised about my doubts. Then I asked about the club's project, I wanted to make sure because when you are used to winning, you are not motivated when things are lowered down".

What about the offers?

"Manchester City were interested, but with all due respect, it wasn't the right thing. I have a family now, my roots are here, I have to make decisions for three people, soon for four. I wouldn't have gone even with double money. There are more important things in lifei".

So, all is well with Alena?

"When we speak about my family we need to speak seriously. Alena and I want lots of children".

Male or Female?

"Male. She will choose the name this time".

Can we hope in a "normal" name?

"I doubt it, our life is not normal. I left home at 13, Alena went to the USA at 14, we experienced many situations, met lots of people, we are not afraid about anyone".

Having children made you more mature?

"Since I was 17 I deal with responsibilities much bigger than my age. I am free from the selfishness of those who always think about themselves, it's not easy to think the others first, one cannot be independent for all his life".

What do you think about Ferrara? Can he win?

"Ciro is intelligent and prepared. He's got the experience to deal with the dressing room at international level".

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: I Almost Quit Juventus, But Not For Manchester City

The Italian international went through a tough moment when his future was put in doubt...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed he almost quit the club back in October, when much speculation surrounded his future.

The Italian international was constantly linked with mega-rich Premier League side Manchester City. Buffon claims he was never interested in going to Eastlands, but he considered leaving the Old Lady.

"I kept on getting hammered around October with all these offers from abroad. Strange rumours too. Nobody denied any claims, and I stopped to think what was happening," Buffon told La Repubblica.

"I thought. 'Is there something true in all these rumours?' Sometimes footballers are the last to know things, and I thought if that's the case then I need to find out, and so I met with the club in order to see if they still counted on me.

"I wanted to be certain of the project here and whether we were playing to win, because if you only play for a while then your performances decrease."

Buffon pondered Manchester City's interest, but he was never going to join them, believing that some things in life are more important than money.

"Manchester City were interested, but with all respect, it was not for me," added Buffon.

"I have a family and things to think about, I would never have gone, even if they doubled my wages. With all respect for money, some things in life are priceless."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti