Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Happy For Roma-Bound Coach Claudio Ranieri

'Gigi' is pleased that his former coach is on the verge of joining the Giallorossi...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has spoken in favour of coach Claudio Ranieri's move to the Roma bench, after Luciano Spalletti resigned from his position today.

'The Tinkerman' is widely expected to be officially announced as the capital outfit's new boss after he was seen in meetings with president Rosella Sensi on Tuesday.

"I am happy for his return to the bench," the shot stopper was quoted as saying by Sportal.it.

Ranieri was sacked by the Bianconeri after going on a two-month winless streak in the latter stage of last season, seeing them fall out of the title race. Buffon constantly voiced his displeasure at the lack of results during that time.

The ex-Bianconeri coach has plenty of experience on his resume, having been in charge at Fiorentina, Valencia, Chelsea, and Parma among others.

Buffon is currently training with the national team at Converciano, ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Bulgaria.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Claudio Ranieri Is The Ideal Coach For Roma - Buffon

Gianluigi Buffon thinks Roma have made the ideal choice by appointing Claudio Ranieri to replace coach Luciano Spalletti.

After Luciano Spalletti resigned, Roma did not take long to find a replacement, appointing Rome-born Claudio Ranieri, who had been sacked by Juventus toward the end of last season.

Juve goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon thinks Ranieri is the best choice the Giallorossi could have made for their new coach.

"Ranieri is the ideal coach for Roma," he said to Repubblica.it. "He's the best of the ones that were available. Roma was his dream club, he's a coach who gets the best out of the players he has, he knows how to deal with difficult moments, he doesn't leave anything to chance and he knows how to organise the team in his 4-4-2 system."

On why Ranieri didn't succeed at Juventus, Buffon said, "In the last few months there were a lot of rumours about his successor, on the lack of faith from the club. The relationships between him and some of the players, but not all, became strained."

On Spalletti, "He's my friend, he had held on well, I'm not sure why it ended like this. Perhaps he understood that all cycles come to an end and he decided it was best to leave.

"On Sunday at the Olimpico I saw a physically tired Roma, but I'm not sure if that was because they had a wrong mental approach or because they had played too many games. Certainly their position in the standings doesn't tell the real truth."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Italy Can Win The 2010 World Cup - Gianluigi Buffon

.penso

The keeper says that if his team is united, they may walk away with back-to-back World Cups...

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has come out and stated that the Azzurri will set their sights on winning next year's World Cup, despite people saying that they have little chance.

Their poor performance during this summer's Confederations Cup in South Africa, put the thought in many minds that Italy were going to be just another nation participating in the main event.

But these doubts have not crept into the mind of Italy's number one stopper, who says that his team will need to find the confidence to play as one.

"We need to re-find our certainties and return to being a team," Buffon said to Sport.it.

"If we arrive in South Africa feeling 100 per cent, it will be another ball game"

"We are going there to win," Superman concluded.

Italy has four matches left to qualify for the World Cup, firstly beginning with an away game to Georgia this weekend. They will then host Bulgaria at home on Wednesday evening. Ireland is next on October 10, finally concluding their campaign against Cyprus on October 14.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Only Brazil Are Better Than Italy

The Bianconeri shot-stopper claims the Azzurri are not in such dire straits compared to some other nations...

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon responded to criticism of the Azzurri squad after their 2-0 win over Georgia, achieved by two own goals, with a light-hearted comment, before Juventus man claimed that only Brazil are a stronger international unit than his nation.

"So many national crises! In the end, we did better than a lot of them - can you believe it?" he smiled to the press.

Two other teams who have been condemned by the press are France and Argentina, who are both in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup.

"They want to fire Domenech? Of course, when the results are not coming it is always this way," he continued.

"Maradona is also sitting on a slippery bench? He lost in a certain way and at home to Brazil. In football we know that the coach is always on trial."

After citing the struggles of some of the other world powers, the Juventus man claimed that there is only one team who are better than his side on the international stage.

"The only team better than us is Brazil, but we are nearly at the World Cup, so we can be relatively satisfied," he said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Rubbishes ItalJuve Claims

The keeper says that the Azzurri is for everyone, not just Juventus..

After the Azzurri's 2-0 victories over Georgia and Bulgaria in the past week, concerns were starting to be raised as to whether the Italian national team had become too Juventus-focused.

The Italian coach Marcello Lippi is a former coach of the Bianconeri, and as many as seven players - past and present - from the side were called up to the national one to play against Bulgaria, not including substitutes.

But goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has come out and slammed the critics, saying that the Italian national team is for everyone, not just Juventus fans.

"ItalJuve? No, it is an Italy side for all," Buffon said to Novantesimo.it.

"The qualification is not mathematic, but we have taken a big step in getting there."

"We wanted to show that we had grown as a team compared to Tbilisi [against Georgia], and we played a really good first half," the keeper concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: We Will Be Competitive On All Fronts

The Italian No.1 believes in the quality of the team, but he will not get carried away too much...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes his side is strong enough to challenge for European glory, but he is not making any Champions League predictions.

Juve invested heavily in the summer market and it has allowed them to move closer to matching Inter's dominance in Serie A. Buffon insists his team can deliver success on every front, but he is tempering beliefs with reality.

"We cannot say that we are focussing to win the Champions League already, but we know we are more competitive than last year," Buffon told the press.

Diego will not be there against the French side, but Buffon doesn't think it's a problem, claiming his side are not dependent on the Brazilian.

"If you depend just on one player then you are not a great team," added the 'keeper.

"We have always fought together, even in times of difficulty. We are on the right track, but it's not the time to give definitive answers in terms of what we can achieve."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Have To 'Wake Up' In The Champions League

The shot-stopper is trying to provoke a better response from his team ahead of their next European adventure...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has told his team to "wake up" and smell the coffee in the Champions League.

Buffon was outstanding against Girondins de Bordeaux. His saves during the game prevented Juve from losing, but the Italian is still annoyed with the way his colleagues stepped off the gas.

"We wanted to win, and we believed we could, but unfortunately there were minor details that were overlooked," Buffon told Tuttosport.

"Sometimes in Europe you have to wake up. It's not just about the suffering, but also about playing better football. We need to do this by playing with personality and certainty."

The Italian international is glad he delivered an encouraging performance when his side were on the downward spiral.

"I am really happy that I did my work well, but not so happy about conceding. They were stronger than we thought they would be. Personally I am in form and I feel fine," added the 'keeper.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon - The Most In-Form Player Is Back To His Legendary Best

The highlight of the Serie A weekend was a phenomenal performance by Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon

during the 2-0 win over Livorno, prompting Carlo Garganese to announce that the 31-year-old is the most in-form player in world football

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianlugi Buffon Is The World's Strongest Goalkeeper - Diego

The Brazilian has never seen a goalkeeper quite like Buffon...

Juventus play-maker Diego has hailed Gianluigi Buffon as the world's strongest shot-stopper.

Buffon's performances between the sticks have helped the Old Lady keep a 100 per cent record intact in Serie A. Diego, who has recovered from injury, believes no-one compares to his colleague.

"I have played with many great 'keepers in my career, but at the moment nobody is better than Buffon," Diego told Tuttosport.

"Sometimes I beat him during training, but during games it's almost impossible for others as he is so focused."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Expects Exciting Tussle With Inter For Serie A Title

The Bianconeri shot-stopper believes that Juve and the Nerazzurri are set for a great duel this season,

but he also believes that there could be someone else challenging them...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has spoken about the Scudetto race, which many believe could be a battle between the Bianconeri and Inter, promising that it will be an exciting duel until the end of the season.

However, he first discussed Thursday's match against Genoa, which ended in a 2-2 draw.

"It was a nice game with a frenetic rhythm, just like the fans enjoy," the Italian international goalkeeper explained to Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"We created more chances and we could have won the game, but in the end a draw at the Marassi is a good result.

"It will certainly be a nice duel with Inter, but let's also be careful about other teams. During a World Cup year there could be a surprise team who fight for the title."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Must Improve Defensively

The goalkeeper says Juve need to fine-tune their defensive skills as he also discusses his penalty curse

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Juventus Will Fly Under Ciro Ferrara

The custodian believes that the Old Lady will take time to get over their weekend loss,

and he has backed the club's coach to lead them out of this awkward spell...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes his side will grasp the nettle of reform and return to winning ways following defeat to Palermo on Sunday.

Concerns were raised following the 2-0 loss in Sicily, which meant Juve lost ground to Inter and Sampdoria in the standings.

However, the Italian international believes coach Ciro Ferrara can deliver for the Old Lady.

"Ferrara has great qualities and we will soon return to flying high with him," Buffon told the press.

"The loss to Palermo was heavy and it will take time to get over it."

Buffon spared a few words for Napoli coach Roberto Donadoni, who he worked alongside with Italy. Donadoni is on the verge of leaving the Partenopei and an official announcement confirming his departure is expected later on Tuesday.

"I hope Donadoni is not just seen as a has been. He was appreciated when he was coach of the national team," concluded the goalkeeper.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Declares No Crisis At Juventus

Superman defends his Bianconeri team-mates, and talks about Diego and Amauri

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon To Have Knee Surgery

The goalkeeper risks spending his Christmas break in hospital due to an injury problem.

Such news is a blow to the Old Lady, who may also be without Claudio Marchisio for an extended period of time...

Juventus and Italy have been dealt a blow as Gianluigi Buffon may need surgery to cure a knee problem. The news comes less than 24 hours after Claudio Marchisio was sent home from the national side with meniscus damage.

According to La Stampa, the goalkeeper has been suffering from an on-going problem to his knee, meaning he has trained separately at Coverciano.

Though his appearance against Ireland is not in doubt, voices in Turin claim he may need to go under the knife.

Buffon is likely to continue with physiotherapy over the coming weeks, but if that doesn't cure the trouble, he will have surgery during the Christmas break.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Rene Higuita Hails Gianluigi Buffon As World's Best

The exciting former Colombian goalkeeper spoke exclusively to Goal.com and discussed a myriad of topics...

Rene Higuita: just the name, incites memories. A whimsical player if there ever was one, Higuita was (and perhaps still is) a symbol for Colombia and throughout world football. Unable to stand between the posts for long periods, Rene loved to come out of his own penalty area and venture into the play with his dribbling. Those offensive guts made him famous - even if the outcome of these forays was not always positive (see Roger Milla of Cameroon score against him in World Cup Italia '90).

The former shot-stopper was generous enough to speak to Goal.com. He looked back on his career, examined the state of the current Colombia setup, and offered his opinion on the best goalkeeper in the world today.

Rene, are you still a player in business or have you hung up your boots for good?

I wanted to play up to 45 years of age, but now I have decided to stop. I am 43-years-old and I think it's time to quit. I want to help my son Andres Rene, who is only 19-years-old but is a great talent. I think he will have a great career.

Maybe like his father?

I don't know. I can only speak for myself. I only know that I have always worked hard to give the best of myself in goal, and when I ventured out of the net as well!

Sometimes things have not gone well, like in extra-time of Italia '90 against Roger Milla. Any goals to forget?

We were at a World Cup, a fantastic thing. The great thing about this sport is that you can remember with joy the moments that were even less fortunate.

What about the goal by Alberigo Evani, which caused you to lose Intercontinental Cup?

If I start thinking about all the goals that I have suffered in my career, then I would not be able to sleep at night.

How come someone like Rene Higuita has never broken through in Europe?

I played in Spain and I could have gone to Atletico Madrid, but then nothing came of it and I went back home. I think that football in Europe is very practical - results count and no one would gamble on a goalkeeper who has been around for a long time.

Yet you have always been idolised by many, including the time you made the scorpion save against England.

I wanted to make a mark in football. The scorpion save I had wanted to do for some time, but in an important game. In fact, in that match, I did it because I saw that the linesman had raised his flag and then, if I had missed the ball, the goal would still have been void.

As for goalkeepers, who is the best one out there? Gianluigi Buffon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

espnsoccemet.gif

Gianluigi Buffon needs knee surgery

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed that he needs to have needs knee surgery in the coming months to cure a reoccurring problem.

The Italian World Cup winner has been suffering with the injury for a number of months, but has postponed the operation in order to play for both Juventus and the Azzurri.

"My knee is wrecked. I need an operation. I'll carry on as long as I can," Buffon said as Italy arrived back in the country following their 2-2 draw in Ireland on Saturday which secured their place at next year's World Cup.

The 31-year-old, back to his best form after a year of injury niggles, said he would try to put off the operation until after Juve's Serie A game with champions Inter Milan in early December.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Requires An Operation On A Meniscus Injury

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

I Want To Play, Despite The Need For An Operation

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: Mourinho Is Good At Insulting People

The Italian No.1 has declared that the Nerazzurri's coach is only good at speaking when he is castigating others.

However, Buffon also spoke of team-mate Mohamed Sissoko, whom he believes will be a key player this season...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon agrees that Jose Mourinho is a good coach, but the goalkeeper has taken a swipe at the Portuguese for his attitude towards the opposition.

Buffon believes the 'Special One' likes to bask in the spotlight by offending opponents and downplaying their chances of glory.

"Jose is very intelligent and he is good at grabbing the attention," Buffon told Rai.

"But I don't think he is obliged to capture the media's attention by insulting other people. The difficult part is talking about important things."

With the on-going feud with Inter put aside, Buffon focussed on the game against Maccabi Haifa in the Champions League.

The shot-stopper believes Mohamed Sissoko, who returned from injury against Fiorentina, can be the fulcrum of the team.

"We have recovered something more with 'Momo'. He is important. He is our extra man and gives us the balance we need," concluded the 'keeper.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Only Buffon Is Worthy Of Being Italy's Number One - Ricky Albertosi

The former Azzurri stopper is not impressed with the current crop of goalkeepers...

Legendary Italian 'keeper Ricky Albertosi has praised Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon, but believes that Italy are currently lacking anyone worthy of taking Buffon's place in the national team.

"There is only Gigi Buffon," the 69-year-old is quoted as saying by 24oredisport.com.

"Buffon is like I was - made his debut young, brash, heedless of danger, daring, technically and stylistically unique."

According to the former Fiorentina, Cagliari and Milan legend, however, there is "a desert" in terms of goalkeeping talent beyond Buffon.

"It's a troubled position. Anzolin, Lorenzo Buffon, Lido Vieri, Castellini, Sarti, Zoff - these were the best of my generation, and they all played for the national team.

"Today, though, if you took away Buffon, who is there? There isn't anyone who is up to wearing the national shirt."

Albertosi briefly considered the foreign 'keepers in Serie A, but decided that "only one would be worthy - Julio Cesar" and criticised the "stratospheric salary" of error-prone Milan stopper Dida.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Manchester United & Bayern Chase Gianluigi Buffon

Gigi coveted by Europe's elite...

Manchester United and Bayern Munich have reportedly taken a good look at Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon with a view to making a bid for him in the summer.

According to Tuttosport, both the German and English clubs are keeping tabs on the 2006 World Cup-winning 'keeper.

After Bayern lost to Bordeaux in the Champions League - a result that has put their qualification in grave doubt - general manager Uli Hoeness hinted at signing a new goalkeeper, fuelling speculation of a move for Buffon.

"Butt will continue until the end of the season, then we will buy a great keeper in the summer," Hoeness said.

Meanwhile, the Red Devils are looking for a replacement for veteran No.1 Edwin van der Sar. Fiorentina's Sebastien Frey has also been linked with the Old Trafford side.

The Italian paper also suggests Juve would be keen to swap their custodian for Franck Ribery. However, Real Madrid and Barcelona are likely to have a bigger say in the Frenchman's future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Recovers From Flu & Will Join Italy Squad

Buffon has been given the all-clear to reunite with the squad, and Giuseppe Rossi will join him in Rome

after receiving special dispensation to arrive late...

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has recovered from influenza and will join the rest of the squad in Rome on Wednesday afternoon.

Sky Sport Italia reports the Juventus man has shaken off the virus over night and is ready to return to action. The report claims professor Enrico Castellacci, the Azzurri chief medic, has given Buffon the all-clear to come back.

Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi will also join the squad alongside Buffon. He missed the reunion on Tuesday after having special permission to play in the Copa del Rey.

The morning will start with a training session. Nicola Legrottaglie, Riccardo Montolivo and Giampaolo Pazzini will take part after recovering from minor set-backs.

Coach Marcello Lippi was up bright and early. He prepared the training pitch alongside Fabio Grosso early on Wednesday morning.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Saddened By Passing Of Robert Enke

:(

The World Cup winner has spoken of his own "terrible time" and has urged people who feel depressed to open up to those who love them...

Italy and Juventus star Gianluigi Buffon has spoken about the death of fellow goalkeeper Robert Enke, who took his own life on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old sympathises with the situation, explaining that depression can be a very powerful emotion and that people must not be fearful of seeking support.

"I went through a terrible time," admitted the shot-stopper, according to Calciomercato.

"You lose sense of yourself, it seems like nothing is rational. You must not be afraid to ask for help and be among the people who love you."

Buffon is currently training with the Italian national team ahead of their upcoming friendlies against the Netherlands and Sweden.

Enke's funeral will be held on Sunday following a short memorial service at the AWD-Arena, the stadium of club side Hannover 96.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon: I Will Quit Football When Italy Stop Calling Me

The number 1 has hinted at retirement when the Azzurri calls end, and he has confirmed his date with the doctor...

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has hinted that he could quit the game once the Nazionale call ups stop.

The Massa-Carrara born custodian will be making his 100th Italy appearance when he takes to the field on Saturday night against the Netherlands. Buffon is happy at having reached the milestone, but has downplayed the occasion.

"I have done everything to be here because I wanted to be in L'Aquila," Buffon told the press, referreing to his rapid recovery from flu.

"100 games? It's a nice number, but one like the rest. The National team is always important, and it will also determine the end of my career. When Italy no longer calls me, I will be very very close to retiring."

The goalkeeper has been playing with a knee injury, and he has confirmed that he will go under the knife once Juve get over the Inter, and Bayern Munich hurdles.

"I will play against Inter and Bayern, and then I will have the operation after that."

Reports suggest he needs surgery to fix a meniscus in his right knee.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

logo_hp.png

Gianluigi Buffon Defends Juventus Fans

Buffon doesn't think the fans' anti-Mario Balotelli chants are racist in nature.

During Juventus' last two matches against Udinese and Bordeaux in the Champions League, a section of their fanbase were heard making chants against Inter starlet Mario Balotelli.

Although many think there were some racist undertones to the chants, goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon doesn't agree and he came to the defence of the Bianconeri faithful.

"Racist chants certainly aren't good for football or for anyone else," he said to Sky Sport 24. "It's always right to stigmatise them and take positions. However, it's important not to give them too much importance, or mistake chants against a particular player for racism. I think Juve's fans are fair and I'm sure that during the match against Inter there won't be any chants against Balotelli."

Buffon also talked about the rumours linking fellow Italian international Gennaro Gattuso with a move away from AC Milan.

"It's certainly not an easy moment for him, but I don't see him leaving Milan," he continued. "He is a symbol of that team, I really couldn't see him in another shirt."

On young goalkeeping talent Federico Marchetti of Cagliari, Buffon said, "He is a very good goalkeeper, he's a good lad and he has great qualities. In Italy he's certainly the goalkeeper I like the most, he reminds me of myself when I was young."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti