Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130539 messaggi
-storebuffon02.variant1400x787.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2 messaggi

He is big person,i respect him very much.

he is in the top of 3 the best goalkeeper in the history.

Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri. (H)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Tips Milan For Scudetto

Juventus goalkeeping superhuman Gianluigi Buffon has tipped AC Milan to win the Scudetto this season.

The upcoming Serie A campaign promises to be one of the most exciting for a number of years, with Inter no longer it seems guaranteed of winning the title.

City rivals Milan have been making a big impact in the summer transfer market, signing Ronaldinho, Mathieu Flamini and Gianluca Zambrotta, among others.

With the Rossoneri out of the Champions League also, Buffon believes that they are the favourites for the Scudetto.

?If you want my prediction, I would go for Milan,? the 30-year-old told Panorama.

?The fact that they are not playing in the Champions League next year is an enormous advantage. ?As for Inter, we will have to see what the Jose Mourinho effect is.?

Buffon also spoke about Juve?s two main summer signings Amauri and Christian Poulsen, and he has given his thumbs up to both players.

"I think that Amauri has the ability to make a big difference for us,? said the world?s number one goalkeeper.

?Christian Poulsen? He may not have the technical quality of Amauri, but he is the kind of player who makes a side solid.?

Buffon has been at Juventus since signing from Parma in 2001, and has since won four Scudetti (two revoked).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon: We?ll Fight For Champions League

Juventus goalkeeper Gianlugi Buffon insists that the club will fight for both the Champions League and the Scudetto this season.

Only yesterday the world?s number one shot-stopper labelled Milan as favourites for the Serie A title, and appeared to hint that his side still faced an uphill struggle.

However, today the 30-year-old is insisting that Juve will fight tooth-and-nail to win something important this coming campaign.

?We'll fight to win the Champions League, as we will to win the League,? he explained to Juventus Channel.

?All those trophies that Juventus have always fought for. It's going to be a long and very intense season and we must start to prepare it well right away.?

Juventus finished third last season in Serie A, but they have strengthened this summer with the purchases of Amauri from Palermo and Christian Poulsen from Sevilla.

?Ambition has always been there, even if we weren't on the same level as the others. Now that we've strengthened the team, our ambitions are more justified and we must never lose confidence in our potential.

?That confidence has always been one of our qualities and we need to keep it always within us.?

Buffon will be hoping to add to the four Scudetti (two revoked) he has already won with Juve, while he will also be eager to lift the Champions League, the one major honour, along with the European Championships, that he has not won in the game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Repeats: Milan Are Favourites

Gianluigi Buffon has repeated the comments he made a few weeks ago, and believes Milan are still the favourites for this year?s Scudetto.

The upcoming Serie A season could be one of the most exciting in recent years, with Inter, Milan, Juventus, Roma, and even possibly Fiorentina, all in with a realistic chance of finishing first.

A few weeks ago Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon claimed that Milan are the favourites for the Scudetto, and the recent signing of Ronaldinho, in addition to the purchases of Flamini and Zambrotta has led many to believe that he has made a good prediction.

"I said it at the end of last season,? Buffon told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

?They are not in the Champions League and so they will be able to concentrate completely on the championship. They have the advantage.?

Buffon was then asked if Juventus had a chance of winning the championship.

?I answer like this. For a team like Juve, if they do not win the Scudetto, it means that they could always do better," he explained.

Finally, the world?s best shot-stopper, who has already won four Scudetti (two revoked) was quizzed about which trophies he would still like to pick up before the end of his career.

"I do not want to be greedy,? smiled the 30-year-old.

?However I would like to win a little more. Things like the European Championship, the Champions League, the Intercontinental Cup and the European Supercup. .rulez(H)

?The Uefa Cup and the Italian Cup I already won at Parma.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Juve To Replace Buffon With ?New Buffon??

According to Tuttosport, Juventus are lining up young Sampdoria goalkeeper Vincenzo Fiorillo, known as the 'new Buffon', as the long-term heir to Gianluigi Buffon himself.

The 18-year-old Fiorillo is regarded by many as the most promising young goalkeeper that Italy have produced since Gianluigi Buffon, and his style has led to him acquiring the label as the ?new Buffon?.

Fiorillo, who made his Serie A debut for Sampdoria at the age of just 17, is currently earning rave reviews for the Italy Under-19 side in the European Championships in the Czech Republic, where his fine displays have helped lead Italy into the semi finals.

These performances have not passed unnoticed, and Tuttosport claims that Juventus have sent scouts to the Euros to watch Fiorillo and his Sampdoria team-mate Andrea Poli, who has also impressed during the tournament.

Both Fiorillo and Poli were part of the talented Sampdoria youth side who won the Primavera Cup last season, the first in the club?s history.

Fiorillo was particularly a protagonist in the final win against Atalanta, saving two penalties in the victorious shootout.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Full Of Praise For Juve Babies

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has hailed the Bianconeri?s array of young stars and he believes they will all show their mettle and become great footballers.

The Old Lady has always tried to ensure that a mixture of both youth and experience graced the side and this season the team has a number of young stars all keen on showing their worth.

Paolo De Ceglie, Sebastian Giovinco, Claudio Marchisio and Albin Ekdal are all hungry to show Claudio Ranieri what they can do and Buffon is sure all the youngsters will do well this term.

?Age doesn?t matter, I would know as I made my debut when I was just 17,? Buffon told La giornalaccio rosa Dello Sport.

?The youngsters look good in training but then you have to see what they are capable of during a game.

?Our players have great qualities, De Ceglie, Giovinco, Marchisio are players we all knew about and now we are also discovering the qualities behind Ekdal.?

Club president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has always claimed the way forward was to focus on youth and it seems as if the chief is keeping his word.

The Bianconeri will be hoping their stars shine as they attempt to challenge for both the Scudetto and Champions League next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

We Have The Best Strikers - Buffon

Juventus number one Gigi Buffon talked about his team's strikeforce

and hopes the club don't give up on signing Alberto Aquilani from Roma.

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon thinks his team have the best group of strikers in Serie A and believes the club should insist to secure Alberto Aquilani's transfer from home-town club Roma.

"I still hope he arrives, because in my opinion in a couple of years he will be one of the best players in the world in his position," he said to Turin sports daily Tuttosport. "I think the management knows that a major economic sacrifice is needed to get him. Let's see what happens."

Buffon also reiterated that he thinks Juventus are one of the front-runners in the race for the Scudetto next season.

"Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Amauri: what other team has four such world-class strikers? I don't see any others," he continued. "Amauri has been a positive surprise for me, he's so strong he could even play by himself up front."

Incidentally, the Brazilian striker opened the score in today's friendly win against Borussia Dortmund as Juve ran out 3-1 winners.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

c4logo_144x134.gifc4logog.gif

Buffon expects fireworks

Gianluigi Buffon trusts Juventus can fight it out for the Scudetto on a par with Inter and Milan. ?It?ll be the closest Serie A race in years.?

The Bianconeri finished third last term after the Calciopoli scandal and the spell in Serie B, but have their sights firmly set on regaining the title.

?I am certain this is going to be the most important and closest Serie A race in years, because there are such top clubs and big stars to increase the prestige of the League,? he told Tuttosport.

?The likes of Jose Mourinho, Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko really raise the bar, as do Christian Poulsen and Olof Mellberg at Juve for the experience they bring.?

Juventus make their seasonal debut this evening with a trip to Fiorentina.

This year the real battle seems to be upfront, as Milan, Roma, Inter, Fiorentina and Juve have moved to strengthen their front lines.

?I absolutely agree that Juventus have the strongest strike force in the country. We have a devastating set of players with two certainties like David Trezeguet and Ale Del Piero who guarantee 35 goals per season, if not more. Not a bad start, eh?

?Plus we have a versatile figure like Vincenzo Iaquinta, who can make the difference even when coming off the bench, and Amauri was wanted by everyone, but chose to come to Juve.?

Buffon is also looking forward to their return to the Champions League, even if it means entering the Group of Death with Real Madrid, Zenit and Bate Borisov.

?It?s wonderful to come back with a bang against Madrid! Do you know what my ideal group would be? Juve, Real, Barcelona and Manchester United. That would be tasty! After all, that?s what the Champions League was made for.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Manchester City To Bid ?70m For Buffon

:|

Juventus could lose Gianluigi Buffon to Manchester City as the Premier League side

are ready to bid ?70m for the Italian goalkeeper, according to Leggo.

The Citizens' new Arab owners are looking to take football to the next level as they attempt to bring in a host of the world?s greatest players thanks to their mega spending powers.

Doctor Sulaim al-Fahim knows money talks and Buffon is next on his trasfer wishlist.

?If we can buy the greatest players in the world then we will; we only want the strongest,? said the chief.

Leggo claims that the English club are ready to tempt the Old Lady with a mega ?70m bid for the experienced shot-stopper.

Juventus are not likely to sell, however, given their Champions League ambitions, but such a massive offer is likely to raise some eyebrows in Turin.

Buffon holds the record for being the most expensive goalkeeper in the world after Juve splashed out ?32m in 2001 to sign him from Parma.

Manchester City?s owners are clearly not afraid to splash the cash and any serious offers may be considered. Juve, though, will be concerned by the threat of losing a key man.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

No ?70m Offer And No Champions League - Buffon

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon admits that reports of a ?70m Manchester City bid for him are pure fantasy

and believes his side are not ready to challenge for the Champions League.

Reports in Italy claimed the English club were ready to table a mega world record-breaking swoop for the shot-stopper, but Buffon has poured cold water on the fiery hot rumours.

?There is no ?70m offer for me - it?s as simple as that,? said Buffon.

?It?s all just a fantasy. It?s obvious that people would think about such an offer, but I don?t think it will arrive.?

Gigi then spoke about Juve?s Champions League ambitions this term. The emphasis is on continental success, but the 'keeper believes his side will not be lifting the trophy come May 2009.

?We are not ready to win the Champions League, but we will try and cause problems for the four or five favourite teams,? concluded the Italian.

The Azzurri number one will be keeping guard between the sticks on Saturday night for his country as they begin their World Cup defence against Cyprus in Lanarca.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Is Worth ?70m - Amauri

Juventus striker Amauri believes that his team mate Gianluigi Buffon is worth the ?70m figure

which reports claim Manchester City are preparing to bid for him.

The Italian international has been linked with a mega-money move to Eastlands but he has brushed off suggestions he will leave by claiming the reports are just rumours.

However, Amauri, who joined Juventus from Palermo this summer in a ?24m move, believes the shot-stopper would be worth every penny of the possible ?70m bid.

??70m is a great sum and Gigi is worth every penny,? Amauri told Sky Sport24.

?However, Juventus need him greatly and I think we have to keep hold of him. Buffon is fine in Turin, he doesn?t need to move.?

The new Arab owners at Manchester City have sent the rumour mill into over drive as they claimed that the Citizens are prepared to spend whatever it takes for the greatest players.

Juventus paid Parma ?32m for Buffon in 2001 and with the Champions League their major objective, it?s highly unlikely the will sell him for any price.

Meanwhile, the Italian goalkeeper is away with La Nazionale as they preapare for the World Cup 2010 qualifying match against Cyprus in Lanarca tomorrow night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Is Priceless - Ranieri

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has warned Manchester City that Gianluigi Buffon is not for sale at any price.

Reports in Italy claimed that the English side were ready to bid a mega ?70m for the Bianconeri and Azzurri number one but they can forget about making any attempt of a bid after Ranieri revealed that his shot stopper will not be up for sale.

?I am not worried, because you need more than money to buy all the champions in the world,? Ranieri told Tuttosport.

?I told Abramovich the same thing when we spoke about money in Sport at Chelsea.

?Over the years he has never been able to build the dream team he has wanted at Chelsea, but he has put together some excellent squads.?

Manchester City?s new owners the Abu Dhabi Group for Development and Investment have been bragging about their powers to buy who they want and that money is no object.

However, one person who objects is the Tinkerman as he tries to reassure fans that his goalkeeper is not moving.

Buffon did, however, admit that such mega offers are not to be sneered at if they come his way.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gigli: Buffon To City Fantasy Football

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has poured cold water over reports

linking Manchester City with Juventus number one Gianluigi Buffon.

With new money ruling the roost at Manchester City, rumours of moves for Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Kaka and other world stars have hit the headlines worldwide.

A stunning transfer coup was completed on the final day of the transfer window, with Man City capturing the signature of Brazilian striker Robinho for around 40 million euros from Real Madrid. Reports of late have also included Juve and Azzurri number one Gigi Buffon, one of the world?s best goalkeepers.

Juventus president Gigli has calmed the fans with his comparison of the news to the game of fantasy football. ?Yes, lets call it fantasy football, this summer we had another incident of fantasy football, the reports of Trezeguet to Barcelona. Buffon?s reports are surely fantasy too,? said the unimpressed president.

Bianconeri fans will be glad to hear the words of their president, after a great sum of money had reportedly been offered for the world-class keeper. Money does not seem to be an issue with the president, who does not blink at the potential offer of 70 to 75 million euros for Buffon.

?I?m not interested in Buffon?s price, I?m interested in having him as a person, as a sportsman, as an athlete and as a fundamental part of Juventus,? explained Gigli.

The president was happy to see Buffon?s important contribution for Italy against Cyprus, where the acrobatic stopper made key saves allowing the Azzurri to record a win in their first World Cup qualifier. It seems that a move for Buffon is out of the question.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Given As Good As Buffon ? Trapattoni

.penso

Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has advised Italian clubs to sign Shay Given,

and says that the Newcastle United goalkeeper is so good that he resembles the great Gianluigi Buffon.

955500798buffonjuveandrqz1.jpg

The 32-year-old Given has spent virtually his entire career at Newcastle, having signed for them in 1997, but despite his undoubted quality he has yet to win any trophies at the forever underachieving club.

Newcastle are currently engulfed in a crisis after manager Kevin Keegan resigned last week, and Trapattoni, who coaches Given for Ireland believes the player is wasting his career at St James Park.

The Italian coaching legend, who has won honours galore at the likes of Juventus, Inter and Bayern Munich, believes that Given is a truly world class goalkeeper, and has advised Serie A clubs to put in a bid for him.

?I would recommend Italian clubs to buy Shay Given from Newcastle,? stated Trap.

?He resembles Gianluigi Buffon and I am not exaggerating when I say this.

?He is a born goalkeeper and there is a vacancy for players like this in Serie A.?

Given will be in action for Trapattoni?s Ireland tonight when they take on Montenegro in their second World Cup 2010 qualifier.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon To Miss Next Two Games

Juventus have confirmed that Gianluigi Buffon will be out for 10 days

after picking up a muscular injury against Cagliari, thus he will miss at least two games.

35954_news.jpg

The Bianconeri shot-stopper had to come off duing the 1-0 win over the Isolani and he underwent further examinations at Vinovo today.

The club's medical staff have now confirmed that he is suffering from a strain to his adductor muscle in his right leg and he will miss the next two games against Catania as well as the trip to Sampdoria.

Buffon is likely to have another assessment on Wednesday as the club plan his recovery.It's not what the Old Lady needed at this busy time of the season.

David Trezeguet is also out with a long term injury while Mauro Camoranesi and Alessandro Del Piero look doubtful for Wednesday night's game.

Alex Manninger is likely to take Buffon's place for the up coming fixtures. The World Cup winner has been outstanding this season, keeping three consecutive clean sheets.

Juve fans will be hoping he returns as soon as possible in order to safeguard their Scudetto and Champions League challenge.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon And Camoranesi Out For 50 Days

Juventus and Italy duo Gianluigi Buffon and Mauro Camoranesi have both been ruled out of action for a combined period of up to 50 days. Azzurri medics have confirmed the worst as the bad news continues for the Old Lady...

The two players were called up by Marcello Lippi to represent La Nazionale in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

However, neither player will get a game as they have both been told to go home and rest by the Azzurri medical staff.

Buffon and Camoranesi have been suffering from various muscular problems and they underwent tests on Tuesday morning. The worst has now been confirmed as Juve and Italy's woes continue to grow.

Professor Castellacci has revealed that the Bianconeri duo will need to put their feet up before they can even think about kicking a ball.

"Both players are out of both games and they will stay here until Friday after an agreement with Juventus," said the medical chief.

"Buffon has a first degree muscular tear on his right leg adductor muscle and he will be out for at least 30 days. Camoranesi also has a muscular problem on his right leg.

"The injury is less serious to Buffon's and he will be out for 20 days."

Thus both players will be out of action for a total of 50 days. It's not good news for Italy or Juventus.

The Bianconeri have been struggling badly and both players will miss key games in the Champions League and in Serie A.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Peruzzi Recognizes Goalkeeping Crisis

Former Juventus and Lazio goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi sadly admits that Italy have no adequate cover for

Gianluigi Buffon and that it is time to go back and address the problem at grass roots level.

Tomorrow night Italy face Bulgaria in a 2010 World Cup qualifying match, but Marcello Lippi will have to make do without Juventus stalwart Gianluigi Buffon. The 2006 World Cup winning shot-stopper's back problem has flared up again and he will probably be sidelined for at least three weeks.

Lippi will hand the gloves either to Marco Amelia or Morgan De Sanctis, but can they really be trusted with such a pivotal job? The Palermo 'keeper's clanger on Alessandro Del Piero's free-kick last Sunday was kind of amateurish, while the ex-Udinese man has moved to Turkey after a dismal spell at Sevilla.

"The crisis is there for anyone to see, and the gap in class between Buffon and the rest of the pack is massive, but I think it is partly his fault, because he is the best in the world and no one can stand up to him," Peruzzi joked during an interview with Turin newspaper La Stampa.

"Is it because one too many foreign 'keepers are landing in Italy? Yes, Italian ones have clearly less opportunities to shine, but I can understand how the clubs think. If a talented 18-year-old goalkeeper is already worth ?4m, they are better suited going to South America and capture an already seasoned shot-stopper.

"We must correct the mistakes that have been done over the past few years and rebuild our excellent school. It was the best until some twenty years ago, but then something happened. Too many youngsters are benched after a single blunder nowadays and that puts too much pressure on them," lamented the ex-Italy international.

Peruzzi hung up his gloves in 2007 and has recently joined Marcello Lippi's Italy staff at Coverciano.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Believes In Scudetto For Juventus

Injured Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes that his side

have a great opportunity to win this season?s championship.

The Bianconeri are the form side in Italy at present, having won four successive league games and six on the trot in all competitions.

They have been brilliant since overcoming the minor ?crisis? they endured earlier in the campaign, which saw them go five matches without a victory.

Even more astonishing is the fact that the club has achieved these great results without their number one goalkeeper, and arguably the best goalkeeper in the world, Gianluigi Buffon.

The injured shot-stopper is recovering from a back injury at present, and will be on the sidelines for another couple of months.

Despite not being able to participate, Buffon has declared that he is extremely excited and anxiously awaiting his return, as the side seem destined for great things this season.

?The performances recently of Del Piero in particular, has proven that our dream of winning the Scudetto is a real possibility,? said Buffon.

?We hope to do well in the Serie A and the Champions League and we are doing as much as we can in training to ensure that this be the case,? he added.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon Hoping His Son Will Become A Juve Fan

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon spoke to an Italian women's magazine about his son, Louis Thomas, who is almost one-year-old - and how being a dad has changed his life over the past months.

Iconic Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon is usually seen making that decisive save for the Bianconeri, but in a recent interview he also revealed another side of his personality which very few previously knew about.

"The first time I really felt like a dad was two months after his birth," explained the Juventus goalkeeper to Donna Moderna. "Alena was away and I was alone with the child.

"I gave him something to eat and I managed to make him sleep without difficulty. This was a great emotion because he was dependent upon me."

Gigi is already seeing potential in his kid as he believes he can become an athlete too.

"Look how fast Louis walks," he continued. "He's very precocious for his age. He has long legs, he's tall and has the physical structure of a sportsman.

"I can't wait for him to grow up so I can play football with him!"

The number one international goalkeeper also found time to joke about about his son's possible future sympathies.

"Let's hope he becomes a Juventus fan," augured Buffon. "However, if he becomes a Torino fan, I will have to accept it, because anyway, these are not the really important values."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon: I Became Depressed And Sad With Football

:(

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has sensationally revealed that he became depressed and was unhappy in his career, and life in general, during the 2003/04 season, when the Bianconeri lost the Champions League final...

Arguably one of the world's best shot-stoppers, Buffon has been out injured recently but he is slowly making a steady return to action.

The Juve man has released his autobiography "Numero 1" wherein he talks about his rise in the game.

The Massa-Carrara-born player revealed there was a spell in his life five years ago where he became depressed and thought about quitting the game.

La Stampa have published an extract from the book and it reads: "I fell in depression and I had to be cured by a psychologist.

"Fame and money? There were thousands of reasons. This then becomes the norm. Maybe one realises he couldn't find the right woman or you don't win the Champions League.

"I went away for two months to receive treatment and to cure the depression.

"Every time you miss a save then this thing seems to recall you but you can't go away every three months to cure it.

"I don't have any regrets at all. I arrived in football when I was just 17. If I said I was satisfied I would be a fool but I don't feel anything was ever my fault.

"Maybe my youth as I would have liked to have lived in the ways I wanted."

Juventus welcome Genoa to the Stadio Olimpico later tonight but Buffon will not be involved in the action.

Many will remember Juve losing out to Milan in the 2003 Champions League final on penalties where the goalkeeper was in between the sticks.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Man City Offer ?75m For Buffon

According to the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Manchester City are prepared to splash the cash

to secure the Juventus custodian...

The Premier League outfit were already linked with the 2006 World Cup winner last September, when it was reported that the club?s new Abu Dhabi owners had set their sights on Gigi and were ready to bid ?70m.

However, the 30-year-old shrugged off the news and so did the club, who insisted that no amount of money could prise him away from the Stadio Olimpico.

However, the Citizens have apparently not given up hope and the giornalaccio rosa claims this morning that the ex-Parma shot-stopper has been presented with a whopping offer of a five-year contract worth ?15m per season.

Furthermore, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed is allegedly set to put around ?75m on the table in order to persuade the Old Lady directors to part company with the 'keeper.

The pink paper insists that the Blues will sound out the Corso Galileo Ferraris executives in order to reel him in during the winter session of the Calciomercato.

The Azzurri stalwart stated last week that he would be the first to ask to move on should Juve receive a mega bid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Juve Tell Man City: Buffon Not For Sale

Juventus have responded to reports claiming Manchester City were ready to offer ?75 million

for Gianluigi Buffon and, as expected, the club are not interested...

Reports in both England and Italy claim the Premier League side were launching a mega-offer to try and tempt the Italian giants to part-company with their man.

Buffon is currently injured but he is still, arguably, the best shot-stopper in football.

Although ?75 million would mean the Italian club could pay for three quarters of their new stadium, which will cost ?100 m, Juve are simply not interested.

Managing director Jean Claude Blanc insists Buffon has no intention of leaving and the club are not even thinking about selling up.

"Buffon accepted relegation to Serie B and he always said he wanted to remain here, therefore he will not be leaving," Blanc told Sky Sport Italia.

"We know that many of the world's biggest clubs are after him but none of them have made any contact with us because it has been Gigi himself who has always closed the door to them.

"He wants to stay here and we will not be selling him."

The Old Lady has wasted no time in setting the record straight.

Buffon remains the world's most expensive goalkeeper. The Turin based club paid ?52 m for him in 2001.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Handanovic The ?New Buffon??

Juventus could pounce for Udinese goalkeeper Samir Handanovic,

if Gianluigi Buffon is tempted away by Manchester City.

Italian sports newspaper giornalaccio rosa dello Sport reported this morning that the Citizens are hot on the heels of the Azzurri custodian and could table a big-money bid next January to bring him to the City of Manchester Stadium.

It is alleged that the Premier League side are ready to throw their newfound financial weight around to secure one of the best shot-stoppers in world football.

A five-year deal worth ?15 million per season would make Gigi the best paid footballer in the world, while the Bianconeri could be poised to pocket around ?75 m to sanction the move, according to the giornalaccio rosa.

Should the Parma youth product leave the Stadio Olimpico, it is suggested that director of sport Alessio Secco would pursue Udinese net-minder Handanovic.

The 24-year-old Slovenian joined the Stadio Friuli club last year and his superb performances for the Zebrette have landed him on the radar of several sides.

Milan have also been linked with the Friulan's No22, who would command a fee of at least ?18 m, but President Giampaolo Pozzo has stated several times that his prized asset is not for sale.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Ranieri Confirms Buffon Stay

The Juventus boss has confirmed that his number one goal keeper

Gianluigi Buffon is staying in Turin despite the interest of Manchester City.

Gigi Buffon has been on the radar of a countless number of clubs over the course of his eight year stint in Turin, and rightfully so, as he is undoubtedly one of the greatest goal keepers of all time.

The latest club to express their interest in the Italian international is Manchester City, who are reportedly set to make an offer of around ?75 million, in an attempt to lure the 30-year-old to Eastlands.

According to Buffon?s boss Claudio Ranieri however, there is no chance of this transfer taking place, as Buffon is more than happy with life at Juve.

?Buffon will remain at Juventus, and I can assure you that he is happy to stay here with us,? Ranieri said.

?He wants to achieve more with the club, and he is only 30, so he still has plenty of time to do so,? he added.

Over the past few days, the sporting director of Juventus, Jean Claude Blanc, has also declared that Buffon will remain in Italy, by claiming that, ?there has been no offer made by City for Buffon.

He also went on to discuss how the keeper is a priceless member of the Bianconeri, and that there is no way possible he will leave the club.

These comments will most likely not deter the big spending City however, as they continue in their quest to formulate a world class squad.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti