Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130541 messaggi
He is calling on the dirigenza to spend on defense, and he is absolutely correct.

A future Juve Captain, IMHO.

A future Juve Captain ... if he will stay at Juve. .uff

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi
A future Juve Captain ... if he will stay at Juve. .uff

.uff:sisi:

Juve would be nuts to sell him, particularly if we don't greatly improve the defense.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon Issues Anti-Violence Message

The goalkeeper believes more can be done to eradicate trouble in football...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is urging Italian ministers to introduce anti-violence lessons in schools to teach young fans about the dangers of trouble in football grounds in an attempt to curb hooliganism in Calcio.

Violence in and out of the stadiums is a problem which still affects Italian football. Although tough new measures have been introduced to combat the problem, there are still incidents which cast a shadow upon Serie A. Buffon has underlined the significance of teaching youngsters that violence has no place in football.

"What can we do against violence in football? In order to change we have to start from schools," Buffon told Focus Junior magazine.

"When I was at school we used to wait for the civil education lessons to cause a noise, but like this you waste the chance of learning."

The goalkeeper feels that education at home is also important to stop youngsters becoming rebels in future.

"I was educated at home with healthy principles, but sometimes I made a few mistakes because I wanted to affirm my identity. There was always a simple way of understanding the concepts of life," added Buffon.

The Italian is also urging players to stay away from confrontations on the pitch as part of their duties of being role models to younger fans.

"Our professional life is always in the papers, therefore being a role model is always a big responsibility," concluded the Juventus man.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Manchester United Weighing Up Move

For Juventus Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon

The Italian international is being lined-up as successor

to Dutch 'keeper Edwin van der Sar at Old Trafford...

British tabloid The Daily Mail claims that reports emanating from Italy suggest that Manchester United are eyeing a move for Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon at the end of the season.

The Italy international goalkeeper was linked with a move to Manchester City during the January transfer window.

Apparently, the 31-year-old's agent Silvano Martina stated that Buffon would be interested in a transfer to the Premier League.

It was thought that Carrara-born shot stopper would see out the remainder of his career with La Vecchia Signora after he remained with them throughout their relegation to Serie B for their role in the Calciopoli scandal.

However, it is said that the former Parma star, whose ?33.8 million (?30m) switch to the Stadio Olimpico di Torino in 2001 makes him the world's most expensive goalkeeper, harbours hopes of playing abroad.

Whether such a deal will come to fruition remains to be seen, especially as the Red Devils have extended Edwin van der Sar's contract by another season and his understudy, Ben Foster, is being tipped to become the bext number one at Old Trafford.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Buffon's Agent Shoots Down Manchester United Speculation

Despite speculation, there is nothing in the Buffon rumours, according to his agent...

Gianluigi Buffon's agent Silvano Martina has reacted to reports suggesting Manchester United were ready to make a move for him.

The Daily Mail suggested Manchester United were weighing up the possibility of making a summer swoop for the Italian shot stopper. Buffon has not been in the best of form recently and talk in Turin suggested he could be sold to provision funds for a busy transfer market.

However, Martina has wasted no time in reacting as he plays down the speculation.

"I have nothing to say about Buffon," the agent told Calciomercato.it.

"I am tired of always having to comment on things which do not exist. Manchester United? I know the environment very well and there is absolutely nothing true."

Reports in England implied United wanted to throw the spanner in the works of bitter city rivals Manchester City who are also reportedly keen on the shot stopper.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi

.bah

I despise the media.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Manninger: I Am Ready To Replace Buffon If He Leaves Juventus

The 31-year-old is eager to take Buffon's place, should he depart this summer...

Recent stories in the press have suggested that goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon could be on his way out of Juventus this summer, with both Manchester United and Barcelona rumoured as possible destinations.

The World Cup winner has not looked like his imperious self since returning from an injury that kept him out for most of the first half of the season. During that time, Alexander Manninger filled in admirably and the former Arsenal custodian has claimed he is ready to do so again.

"If Buffon had to leave Juventus, I would be ready to replace him," the Austrian shot stopper declared in an interview with Juventus Channel.

"My goal has always been to play. I do not feel and have never felt like the twelfth man here. I hope to remain at Juventus for a long time."

Manninger has played in 16 Serie A matches this season, keeping six clean sheets in the process. He was also impressive during the group stage of the Champions League, where he made five appearances and contributed to the Turin-based side's first-place finish.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi

From Goal.com

Recently, Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been linked with a move to Manchester United or Barcelona, with back-up Alexander Manninger even claiming he was ready to take the World Cup winner's place next season.

However, club managing director Jean-Claude Blanc has denied 'Gigi' will be departing from Juventus at the end of the campaign.

"Buffon is the pride of Juventus and he is proud of us, he is still our number one," explained Blanc to ANSA, claiming that it is expected the Italian shot stopper will remain with the club this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Juventus GM Blanc jumps to defence of underfire Buffon

Juventus GM Jean-Claude Blanc has jumped to the defence of Gigi Buffon over criticism since his return from injury.

?Buffon is proud of Juventus and we are proud of him,? assured Blanc. ?He remains the Number One goalkeeper in the world and this criticism is unwarranted.

"He deserves respect.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon Approves Fabio Cannavaro Return

The Bianconeri shot-stopper has admitted that Fabio?s experience would be very useful at Juve.

It was suggested yesterday that Real Madrid and Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro has agreed terms to return to Juventus, the club he left in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal.

There are fears that Juve fans would oppose the move but Gianluigi Buffon is adamant the dressing room is ready to welcome him back.

?Cannavaro would be very useful to Juventus or any other team,? Buffon stated on Sky Sport Italia.

?It is useful to have a defender like him. He is a great champion with a wealth of experience. We are also close friends and I know him very well. Of course he cannot be part of a long-term project considering his age but I am not very young either.?

Cannavaro will be out of contract in the summer and is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Old Lady, which would have an option for another season. Eventually it is anticipated that he will assume a managerial position within the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon apologises to Juventus fans after Coppa elimination

Gigi Buffon has apologised to Juventus fans after their dismal Coppa Italia semifinal defeat to Lazio this week.

The goalkeeper said: "Right now, we cannot do anything else but apologise to our supporters, who I am sure, are as disappointed as we are.

"To play in the Coppa Italia final in Rome would be a first step to changing this club and moving towards a more prestigious future."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Don't Blame Me For Juventus Failures - Gianluigi Buffon

The goalkeeper is not accepting any responsibility for the team's recent woes...

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has hit back at all the recent criticism aimed at him following his less than perfect displays in between the sticks.

The Italian international has conceded a large amount of goals over the course of the campaign, leading to some critics sharing the notion that he is no longer one of the best. However, the 'keeper is out to prove the doubters wrong as he defends himself from all the harsh talk directed his way recently.

"It's been six months that I have been criticised as if I am no longer allowed to concede goals," Buffon told L'Equipe.

"Yes, I have a problem and that is that I no longer have the right to concede. I know when I make a mistake and when I don't. I am convinced that I am fine though.

"Look at the games I have played this season. I have made important saves in 18 of those matches. No-one can say that Juve have lost a game because of me. This is the truth."

The team has conceded nine goals in their last four matches. Juve are winless in four and chasing second place Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon admits frustration

Juventus star Gianluigi Buffon admits he has become frustrated at the club this season.

The Italian No.1 has been criticised at times this season, even though Juve are still in third in Serie A and pushing AC Milan for second.

This has led Buffon to consider his future, despite the fact he has four years left on his current deal.

"I have been criticised for the past six months," Buffon told French daily L'Equipe.

"It is like I am not allowed to concede any goals. But it is part of the game.

"I am 31 and I understand when I make a mistake or not. But what I know for sure is that I feel good. Just watch my games.

"Nobody can say that Juve have lost a game because of me this season. That is the reality.

"My contract runs until 2013, a lot of time is left until then.

"We have to know what team will be formed next year, and I hope it will be an even more competitive one. What I want to do is sit back and assess what is going on at the club.

"At the end of the day, I will make a decision."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Iaquinta: Gianluigi Buffon Was Furious With Lecce Showing

The striker has confirmed reports that 'Superman' went crazy inside the dressing room...

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has revealed that team-mate and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was raging inside the dressing room at half-time during the game against Lecce on Sunday.

The Bianconeri came back from being a goal down to lead 2-1 until the 90th minute, when the Salentini equalised. At half-time, when the Giallorossi were leading 1-0, Buffon was furious and launched a scathing attack on the team.

Il Corriere Dello Sport quote Buffon as saying inside the dressing room, "We are playing like s***, we are a disgrace. Do you realise? Yes or no?"

Iaquinta has confirmed the shot-stopper?s frustrations, admitting Buffon lost his temper.

"Buffon was very angry, he was furious just like all of us were. We looked at each other in the face and we said, ?We cannot play like this,?" Iaquinta told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Juventus board prepared to sell Buffon

Juventus are ready to listen to offers for goalkeeper Gigi Buffon.

Tuttosport says Juve have already secured an option on Udinese keeper Samir Handanovic, who would arrive in Turin as their new No1 should the right offer for Buffon arrive.

Juve rejected a ?50 million bid from Manchester City earlier this season, but directors Alessio Secco and Jean-Claude Blanc are now prepared to sell.

If a bid of ?25-30 million arrives, Juve will cash in on Buffon over the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon: We Are S**t!

Vincenzo Iaquinta has confirmed reports that 'Superman' went crazy inside the dressing room...

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has revealed that team-mate and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was raging inside the dressing room at half-time during the game against Lecce on Sunday.

The Bianconeri came back from being a goal down to lead 2-1 until the 90th minute, when the Salentini equalised. At half-time, when the Giallorossi were leading 1-0, Buffon was furious and launched a scathing attack on the team.

Il Corriere Dello Sport quote Buffon as saying inside the dressing room, "We are playing like s***, we are a disgrace. Do you realise? Yes or no?"

Iaquinta has confirmed the shot-stopper?s frustrations, admitting Buffon lost his temper.

"Buffon was very angry, he was furious just like all of us were. We looked at each other in the face and we said, ?We cannot play like this,?" Iaquinta told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

The draw saw Juventus stay in third, dropping four points behind Milan in second place.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Upset Juventus 'Keeper Buffon Linked With Milan Move

Regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world, Gigi Buffon could be

on his way to Serie A giants Milan after the Bianconeri have underachieved this season...

After his recent outburst, Milan have been linked with a move for Juventus shot stopper Gianluigi Buffon.

Juventus' recent run of poor results have seen the club slip down into third place and Buffon reportedly lashed out at the team during the half-time interval in Sunday's 2-2 draw against Lecce.

"We are playing like s***, we are a disgrace. Do you realise? Yes or no?" he asked his team-mates according to Il Corriere Dello Sport.

The former Parma hero had also suggested he was not pleased with the team's lack of competitiveness in a recent interview at the beginning of the month and now Milan are interested in bringing the 31-year-old to the San Siro, according to Milannews.

The deal would include Christian Abbiati moving in the opposite direction along with a sum of ?15 million. In the past, the World Cup winner has admitted he was close to joining the Rossoneri at the beginning of the Calciopoli scandal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

No Milan Offers For Gianluigi Buffon - Agent

Buffon's agent insists his client will remain in Turin, for now at least...

Gianluigi Buffon will not be heading to Milan as far as his agent Silvano Martina is concerned, despite reports linking him with the Rossoneri.

Voices surrounding the goalkeeper claimed he would be heading to the San Siro club at the end of term as a result of Juve's poor form. Reports on Monday claimed the Italiani international had become fed up with the team's negative trends. He was linked with Milan, but his agent has moved to deny the rumours.

"I don't know what Juventus are thinking regarding Buffon, but at the moment there aren't any offers, therefore there is nothing to add to this," Martina told TuttoJuve.com.

Italian media claimed Buffon went berserk in the dressing room at half-time during the Lecce match, a claim which was backed by striker Vincenzo Iaquinta. However, Martina has tried to play down the scale of his client's fury.

"Sunday? These things happen in the dressing room, it's just silly things. Unfortunately people only remember the last match, rather than Juve's good season," concluded the agent.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Juventus 'Keeper Buffon To Become A Father Again

The Italian international is expecting his second child...

Juventus' struggles on the pitch may have goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon disheartened, but his family life can provide him with joy as the player is set to become a father for the second time, according to weekly magazine Chi.

Buffon's wife, Czech model Alena Seredova, is pregnant. The pair had their first child, Louis Thomas, on December 28, 2007.

The shot stopper has not enjoyed a particularly successful time on the pitch in recent matches, as Juventus have fallen to third place in the Serie A standings and been eliminated from the Coppa Italia and Champions League during the past two months.

According to Il Corriere dello Sport, at half-time during the recent 2-2 draw against Lecce, the player showed his frustration by yelling - "We are playing like s***, we are a disgrace. Do you realise? Yes or no?"

Nonetheless, he will certainly be delighted that a new child is on the way.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi

Congratulations, Gigi!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon Is Worth No More Than ?20 Million - Agent

The goalkeeper's agent has valued his client, but Juventus are likely to have other ideas...

Gianluigi Buffon is no longer priceless as his agent Silvano Martina believes the Juventus goalkeeper is not worth more than ?20million - a far cry from reports suggesting he would not leave Turin for less than ?100m.

The Italian international's current deal expires in 2013. However, speculation in the Italian press has suggested an imminent exit from Vinovo for the Massa-Carrara-born man. Juve's recent abject form, coupled with the player's own frustrations, has led to widespread belief that he was heading out.

However, Martina has stepped in to deny the speculation, but the agent named a bargain basement price if his man does leave.

"I don't think Gig wants to leave because he is Juve's biggest fan," Martina told Antenna3.

"However it all depends on him. It's clear that if Juve ask for certain figures his eventual transfer will never materialise.

"Buffon cannot be worth more than ?20m today."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

Agent Denies Abbiati And Buffon Swap

Between Milan And Juventus

There is unlikely to be a switch in venue for either shot stopper, according to Morabito...

Recent reports in the Italian press have pointed to a swap deal involving Christian Abbiati and cash for Gianluigi Buffon. However, the Rossoneri shot stopper's agent, Vincenzo Morabito, is quick to deny a deal is in the works between Milan and Juventus.

"First of all, this feels a little strange since Abbiati is recovering from an injury and may not even be available before late August," he explained to tuttojuve.

"He is fine at Milan and not even taking other options into account. He had received numerous offer last season, but he made a choice and I think he will remain here."

Morabito is also certain that Juventus will not sell Buffon, who is arguably considered the best shot stopper in world football.

"I don't think that's a possibility," he admitted. "I think people are exacerbating this concept of Buffon's decline, they are making a mistake. The club is in a critical moment, but if they really want to make a competitive team than they must start with champions like Buffon."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Cobolli Gigli: Juventus will buy stars to convince Buffon

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli insists goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is not for sale.

"In a time of difficult economy great things fall in value, like skyscrapers or monuments - I do not know what to compare with Buffon - he may perhaps go down in value. But for us Buffon is invaluable, he's a great champion and, for us, remains with us," said Cobolli Gigli.

"Buffon has reason to want to win, he's absolutely right and we think like him and also the fact that we are going to try to sign great champions like Diego and others shows we are structured in such a way as to be even more competitive next season."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

170_news.jpg

I Won't Leave Juventus - Gianluigi Buffon

The 2006 World Cup winner claims he has no desire to leave Turin in the near future...

The future of Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon had been in doubt recently, as he reportedly became frustrated during the 2-2 draw with Lecce and slammed the team for their poor string of results.

The veteran has been linked with Manchester United, Barcelona, and AC Milan, but has now reiterated his desire to remain with the Bianconeri through his official website.

"I think I know what you have read in newspapers and heard on the television in recent days. I can officially confirm that I will not leave Turin next season and will continue to be the goalkeeper of Juventus," began the statement from the ex-Parma shot stopper.

After the 1-1 draw with Milan, the 'keeper admitted he feared the club would not be able to win anything in the next three or four seasons, but he revealed those doubts have been cast aside by club management.

"In recent times, I have had two interviews with John Elkann and Jean-Claude Blanc and both have clarified matters and given me the answers I was interested in hearing on the future of the team.

"The will of everyone, not just my own, is to see a competitive side, capable of playing with everyone. From this perspective, I am now much calmer. We should now finish the season in the best way possible."

Juventus are currently in third place in Serie A with 67 points and will face Atalanta, Siena, and Lazio to close out the season. Buffon has made 20 league appearances in 2008-09, keeping five clean sheets in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2002 messaggi

Buffon: 'I am not leaving Turin'

16:29 del 14 maggio

Gigi Buffon will not go. Juventus fans can sleep peacefully. On the pages of his personal website he wrote: "I think you have heard it on TV and read it in the newspapers in recent days, now I can confirm it officially: I will not leave Turin next year and will continue to be goalkeeper of Juventus".

Buffon also states: "In recent days I had two interviews with John Elkann and Jean-Claude Blanc and both have given me the answers that I wanted about the future of this club and this team. My fear was not that of not winning next year, but not been able to do so even in the next three or four seasons. The will of everyone, not only mine, is to see a competitive team capable of fighting with everyone. From this point of view, I was calmed and now I am much more serene. Now we have to close this season as best we can. In Milan we saw signs of significant improvement compared to previous matches and the feeling is that we are back to our levels. We only need to confirm this in the next three matches that remain between now and the end, starting with the one on Sunday against Atalanta".

calciomercato.com

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti