Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Proud not to be like' haters

http://www.football-italia.net/103954/buffon-proud-not-be-haters

Jun 11, 2017

Gigi Buffon is “proud not to be like” the Italians who celebrated Juventus losing the Champions League Final to Real Madrid.

When the Bianconeri were beaten 4-1 in Cardiff, there were scenes of wild partying among supporters of Napoli, Inter, Roma, Milan and Fiorentina.

There were even fireworks displays in Naples and cars driving around all night honking their horns, waving the Real Madrid flag.

“I am proud not to be like them,” said Buffon when asked about this behaviour by Rai Sport.

“In football there are victories and defeats. I remain convinced that you learn much more from a loss than a success, so this is why I struggle to accept the attitude of those who automatically cheer against Juve.

“I am honestly proud to be nothing like those who celebrated after the Final in Cardiff.”

Buffon also confessed the expectations around Juventus were too high, even if it was their second Champions League Final in three years.

“There was too much optimism going into a game where even the stupidest Real Madrid player had many more trophies and appearances in big Finals than me.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Buffon: This could be my final year

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/6/11/15777944/gianluigi-buffon-

retirement-juventus-italy-this-could-be-my-final-year-i-am-not-eternal

Jun 11, 2017

In an interview before today’s World Cup qualifier for Italy, Juventus captain and talisman Gianluigi Buffon has said that he is contemplating finally hanging up his gloves and retiring from the game.

Speaking to the media in the pre-match press conference, he was first asked if getting over Juventus’ loss in the Champions League Final was hard to get over.

“We move easily, because at the end of the day I’d like to finish the season with a victory, a good result and hopefully a clean sheet. All these ingredients make our approach to the game very focused.

“The career of a sportsman is made up of victories and of defeats. I have won a great deal in my time and I’ve lost a fair bit too. We must always look forward. There was too much optimism going into a game where even the stupidest Real Madrid player had many more trophies and appearances in big Finals than me.”

When asked how he felt about Napoli, Inter, Roma, Milan and Fiorentina fans cheering Juve’s loss in the Final with scenes of wild partying.

“I am proud not to be like them. In football there are victories and defeats. I remain convinced that you learn much more from a loss than a success, so this is why I struggle to accept the attitude of those who automatically cheer against Juve.

“I am honestly proud to be nothing like those who celebrated after the Final in Cardiff.”

Buffon admitted that the expectations of their second Champions League Final in three years dragged them down.

“There was too much optimism going into a game where even the least renown Real Madrid player had many more trophies and appearances in big Finals than me.”

Rivals today Liechtenstein are not considered tough opponents, and talk has been about improving goal difference.

“I don’t like these announcements beforehand of a festival of goals, as that shows a lack of respect for the opposition. They are 11 men, just like us. It would also encourage our team to relax.

“We know that we’ll need the performance to earn this victory and also that we’ve got no choice but to win, so we’ve got to give it our all and remain concentrated.”

And then his thoughts on a topic we never wanted to hear about.

“This could be my final year and I want to experience it as a protagonist.

“I am not eternal and I never thought that I was. I think of the group, so Juventus and the Nazionale quite rightly have to plan beyond the individual.

“I said in the past that I might not want to be a Coach, but perhaps a CT at international level would be less stressful on a daily basis. When I do retire, I’d like to rest a little bit, as it has been a long and intense career.”

What? I’m not crying, you’re crying!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gianluigi Buffon: Milan's Donnarumma

is the 'right choice' for Juventus

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3141905/gianluigi-buffon-

gianluigi-donnarumma-the-right-choice-for-juventus

Jun 11, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon has backed Juventus to sign AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma as his eventual successor.

Buffon, 39, is out of contract with Juve at the end of next season and has been tipped to retire after Italy's 2018 World Cup campaign.

While the keeper has said in the past he will retire from international football after that tournament, he has yet to make a decision on when he will call it a day completely.

But with Juve reportedly interested in signing Donnarumma as well as Arsenal's Wojciech Szczesny, Buffon says the club are right to be preparing for life without him in goal.

"To me, they seem to be the right choices," Buffon told reporters ahead of Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein.

"Well, I've always been, I believe, a reasonable person who tries to understand the meaning of things. And it is right that Juve try to sign a goalkeeper like him, it is right that our national team has goalkeepers like these, in this case one like Gigio Donnarumma.

"Because in the end you make progress because of your merits, and as I always say, a coach has to choose his formation to win the game, and should only think about that.

"It's right that it works this way. This means that for me it's a great incentive, because I know that even if I'm 39 or 40 years old, if want to keep a certain prestige, a certain role, I have to work hard.

"The day I don't want to work hard anymore I'll just stay at home, because, inevitably, goalkeepers like Szczesny, like Donnarumma or like [Udinese' Alex] Meret are regulars. They're No. 1s, and they are because of their merits, and not because of somebody else's favour.

"I am not eternal and I never thought that I was. I think of the group, so Juventus and the Nazionale quite rightly have to plan beyond the individual.

"I said in the past that I might not want to be a coach, but perhaps at international level it would be less stressful on a daily basis. When I do retire, I'd like to rest a little bit, as it has been a long and intense career."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon '99.9 percent certain' over retirement

The legendary goalkeeper says he will call time on his career at the end of

next season unless Juventus can end his wait for Champions League glory

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2017/06/12/36315742/-

Jun 12, 2017

Juventus great Gianluigi Buffon is "99.9 percent" certain next season will be his last in professional football.

The veteran Italy goalkeeper helped Juve to a third consecutive domestic double and the Champions League final last term.

Buffon, 39, has previously stated his intention to retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup in Russia but it now appears that tournament will be the last act of a stellar career.

"I'm 99.9 percent certain of retirement," he told Sky Sport 24.

"I'm going to have one final, intense season, rich in big moments, and then it will be time to say enough is enough."

Real Madrid inflicted Champions League final heartache on Buffon and his colleagues, and winning European football's big prize next time around is the only thing that could convince the former Parma keeper to soldier on.

"We've just left one small possibility open with the president [Juventus chief Andrea Agnelli]," Buffon added.

"That is if we manage to win the Champions League I will carry on playing one more year to try to win the Club World Cup and other trophies."

Although the Champions League has proved tantalisingly elusive, Buffon has eight Serie A titles and four Coppa Italia to his name, along with the 1998-99 UEFA Cup and 2006 World Cup.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Captain Mocked With Banner At His House

Buffon-house-640x384.jpg

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/06/juventus-buffon-mocked-champions-league-banner-home/

Jun 19, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon’s continued failure to win the Champions League resulted in him being mocked by persons unknown at the goalkeeper’s home.

This year, the Italy captain came up short in the final against Real Madrid for the third time in his career, having also been beaten in 2003 and 2015, by AC Milan and Barcelona respectively.

While Juventus fans and many in the wider footballing world had been rooting for the goalkeeper to pick up the one honour that continues to elude him, not everybody was upset to see him fail once more.

Still relaxing on his summer holiday after a gruelling season, Buffon awoke at his home in Tuscany to find a banner hanging around his gate, adorned with the words: ‘Gracias Real’.

Although he is unlikely to forget, there are some who were determined to remind Buffon of his latest disappointment, when a red hot Real Madrid side emerged victorious with a 4-1 win in Cardiff.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon tells Milan's Donnarumma

to do what makes him happy

The Juventus legend says he doesn't give advice, but had a chat

with his younger Italy team-mate about his future anyway

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2017/07/01/36752762/-

Jul 1, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon said he has spoken to Gianluigi Donnarumma and told the wantaway AC Milan goalkeeper to do what makes him happy.

Donnarumma announced his intention not to sign a renewal at Milan, with his contract due to expire in 2018, though the 18-year-old is due to meet the Serie A club to hold discussions on his future.

A string of social media messages, prompting Donnarumma – seen as the heir apparent to Buffon in the Italy team – to delete his Instagram account, and comments from agent Mino Raiola has added fuel to the ongoing saga in Milan.

Buffon, who previously talked up Juventus' move for Donnarumma, had some words for the reported Real Madrid and Manchester United target.

Gianluigi Buffon Italy

"I don't give advice, because I always made my own mistakes and would only be adding further chaos to the situation," Buffon said via Sky Sport Italia.

"I did have a bit of a 15-minute chat with Gigio, though. I can't tell you what we said.

"I have no idea if he'll remain at Milan, but I merely tell him to do what makes him happy."

Donnarumma, who made his debut as a 16-year-old, has become Milan's undisputed number one, playing in all 38 Serie A matches last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

On This Day: Juventus sign Buffon

http://www.football-italia.net/105163/day-juventus-sign-buffon

Jul 3, 2017

On this day in 2001, Juventus officially completed the signing of Parma goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

The 23-year-old arrived for a world record fee for a goalkeeper, 100 billion lire or €52m.

He made his debut for the club against Venezia in the opening match of the Serie A season, and kept clean sheets in each of his first three matches.

Despite some early criticism for uncharacteristic mistakes, Buffon helped the Old Lady to a first Scudetto since 1998 on a dramatic last day which saw Inter lose at Lazio and send the title to Turin.

The 2002-03 season once again brought the Scudetto, but Juve lost in the Champions League final to Milan, Andriy Shevchenko scoring the winning penalty past Buffon in the shootout.

The goalkeeper would win another two Scudetti under Fabio Capello, but both titles were revoked in the Calciopoli scandal.

Despite having just won the World Cup, however, Buffon opted to stay with Juventus after their demotion to Serie B, instantly securing his legendary status for the black-and-white half of Turin.

Both Buffon and his club struggled upon their return to Serie A, with the goalkeeper dealing with a series of back issues.

However, in 2012 the Bianconeri finally returned to the Serie A summit, winning the League unbeaten under Antonio Conte.

Alessandro Del Piero’s departure that summer handed the captain’s armband to Buffon, and Juve have won Serie A for every year since.

Today, 16 years after he signed, Buffon remains the Juventus goalkeeper, having played over 600 games for the club.

He holds the record for most minutes played - though Del Piero beats him on appearances - and barring injury or loss of form he’ll head to the 2018 World Cup with Italy.

Buffon plans to retire at the end of the coming season, but if he does hang up his gloves the Bianconeri can probably consider 17 years as a decent return on investment.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

image.png

Buffon: ‘Nothing happened in Cardiff’

http://www.football-italia.net/106748/buffon-‘nothing-happened-cardiff’

Jul 27, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon insists “absolutely nothing happened” at half-time in the Champions League final.

The Bianconeri played well in the first half against Real Madrid in Cardiff, but they conceded three goals after the break to lose 4-1.

It has been reported since that Leonardo Bonucci argued with Andrea Barzagli and Paulo Dybala, something given credence by the centre-back’s surprise move to Milan this summer.

“We lost in Cardiff because we met a better team,” Buffon insisted, speaking to Sky.

“Absolutely nothing happened, if it had then I’d stay silent and I wouldn’t even say these few words.

“I want the Bianconeri fans to know and be assured that our professionalism and attachment to this shirt would never allow such an important commitment to be destabilised by these phantom arguments which were recounted in the days immediately after the Champions League final and would only serve as excuses.

“We didn’t have any arguments at half-time, but only because we faced a team which put us down in the second half.”

Buffon plans to retire at the end of this season, does that mean his final campaign will be tinged with sadness?

“For me, knowing that this year will be my last one is something captivating and exciting.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

image.png

Buffon: ‘Final year is motivating’

http://www.football-italia.net/106752/buffon-‘final-year-motivating’

Jul 27, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon says his final year in football is “electrifying”, and insists the Champions League “is not an obsession”.

The Juventus and Italy goalkeeper plans to hang up his gloves after the 2018 World Cup, so if he sticks to that plan this will be his final season.

“Yes, this year could be my final call and it’s really electrifying,” Buffon told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’m trying to take in the special aspects of the thing, as with all experiences. When you go to a place and you think it’s the last time, you appreciate the beauty more and you want to crystallise the emotions it gives you forever.

“It will be special as a season, but I want to make it even more formidable by performing to the level of my name, to help Juve repeat the beautiful years we’re coming from.

“Now or never for the Champions League? No, the Champions League has always been a motivation to improve and enjoy some emotions, like facing certain players in certain stadiums.

“It doesn’t cause me anxiety though and it’s not an obsession. It’s never had a negative meaning for me, and it doesn’t now.

“Why did I use the conditional in speaking about my last season? Catchphrases have always got on my nerves and I don’t want to become one. So don’t ask me every three games.”

Wojciech Szczesny has been signed to eventually replace Buffon, is he up to the task?

“We have a good group of goalkeepers, including [Mattia] Del Favero and [Carlo] Pinsoglio. We all want to improve and learn.

“Last season Szczesny was the best goalkeeper in the League, Juventus did well in getting him because he’ll have a long future in Bianconero.

“I hope I can help him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Hugo Lloris: 'Gianluigi Buffon is an inspiration'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/news/hugo-lloris-buffon-is-an-inspiration_304128.html

Aug 3, 2017

Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris has revealed that Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was an inspiration for him as a young player.

Lloris could play against the 39-year-old during Saturday's pre-season friendly between the two clubs at Wembley - Tottenham's final warm-up game before the new Premier League season gets underway.

The France international was effusive in his praise for his opposite number, describing Buffon as a "legendary player".

"There is something special and it's difficult to describe it, but he's a player who can inspire those around him. Juventus have had so many legendary players and there is still one there in Gianluigi Buffon," Lloris told the club's official website.

"When I was younger I was completely a fan. He's the kind of player who can inspire you and when I was 15, 16, that kind of player and Iker Casillas as well, they both started so young and that was an inspiration for me. I wanted to start young as well and that's what I did.

"After 16 seasons (at Juve) he shows he has the same ambition and motivation as in the past. To stay at the top at that age means you have to work harder than others and that's why he's the best. In terms of longevity, it's amazing what he's done."

Spurs begin the new Premier League season away to Newcastle United next Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Dybala suits Juve 10'

http://www.football-italia.net/108070/buffon-dybala-suits-juve-10

Aug 12, 2017

Gigi Buffon said nobody “could represent the Juventus Number 10 better” than Paulo Dybala and urged them to think positive in the Super Cup with Lazio.

It kicks off on Sunday at the Stadio Olimpico at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

This week, Dybala was handed the iconic Bianconeri 10, a symbol of his importance to the side.

“I think giving Dybala the Number 10 is a wonderful signal and it puts more responsibility on his shoulders. A talent like Dybala can honourably wear the Number 10 for Juventus and I don’t know anyone else who could represent it better,” said Buffon in his Press conference.

“We are happy and satisfied to be here playing another Italian Super Cup. I lived my life trying to extrapolate the positives from the negatives. I have a strange sense of euphoria and joy.

“Tomorrow is a new challenge and a very important test for us. I see the Juve defence much the same as other years, it’s strong and will as always be a point of strength for us.

“We have everything in place to play a great game, which is what the event demands. Aside from the opponent, who in recent years always struggled against us, they had difficulty because we always respected them.

“We hope this trophy cabinet can get even fuller and we start the season on the right foot. There have been some changes and so it would be auspicious to begin well.

“In 100-odd years of Serie A football, nobody had ever won six in a row before, so our numbers are extraordinary. The danger is that you cannot win eternally. The other teams have reinforced, but we are convinced that we’ll still be up there.

“It’s hard to say in August who the best side is in Serie A – it’s a bit like howling at the moon. You might feel better, but it doesn’t really help. The real tests are coming up and we’ve always been ready when it counts.

“We’ll see our desire to amaze, our determination and ferocity with which we want to prove that we’re the best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon on UEFA Player of the Year shortlist

http://www.football-italia.net/108208/buffon-uefa-player-year-shortlist

Aug 15, 2017

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been nominated for the UEFA Men's Player of the Year Award, alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The award recognises the best player in UEFA competition from the previous season, and is selected by a jury comprising the 80 Coaches of the clubs involved in the Champions League and Europa League along with 55 journalists representing each of UEFA's member associations.

Players are judged on their performances in all competitions – domestic, continental and international.

Buffon captained Juventus to a domestic double, as well as helping the Bianconeri to the Champions League final, where they were beaten 4-1 by Ronaldo’s Real Madrid.

The award will be presented at the Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on Thursday 24 August.

Messi and Ronaldo have both won the award twice previously – Messi in 2010/11 and 2014/15, and Ronaldo in 2013/14 and last season.

Buffon’s teammate Paulo Dybala finished sixth in the voting, behind Luka Modric and Toni Kroos of Real Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'No fear of VAR'

http://www.football-italia.net/108480/buffon-no-fear-var

Aug 20, 2017

Gigi Buffon said VAR is “a new technology to be welcomed without fear” after saving the first penalty awarded using this system.

The Video Assistant Referee was introduced in all Serie A games from the 2017-18 season.

It got its historic first use during Saturday’s 3-0 Juventus victory over Cagliari.

A spot-kick was handed to the Sardinians for Alex Sandro treading on the back of Duje Cop’s foot, but Buffon parried the Diego Farias effort.

“A new season has started. It’s unique: like many, more than any other,” wrote Buffon on social medial.

“There is the determination to repeat ourselves, for the seventh time. We want to forget the past and experience the present to the full.

“There are many new teammates. There is also a new technology, to be welcomed without fear.

“We had to start well. We did it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gianluigi Buffon named 2016-17 UEFA Goalkeeper of the Season  

Buffon: 'I stay hungry and foolish!'

http://www.football-italia.net/108717/buffon-i-stay-hungry-and-foolish

Aug 24, 2017

Gigi Buffon was named Champions League Player of the Year. “My secret is that I continue to stay hungry and foolish!”

The Juventus and Italy shot-stopper received the trophy ahead of the Champions League draw in Monaco after the Bianconeri reached their second Final in three years.

“I’m really proud to receive this award at my age,” said the 39-year-old.

“The secret, if there is a secret, is I think that I continue to stay hungry and foolish. It’s the one way I continue to know how to play for the top level.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon frustrated by VAR

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor buffon var

http://www.football-italia.net/108851/buffon-frustrated-var

Aug 27, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon is increasingly frustrated with VAR in Serie A. “It takes too long and it’s turning into water polo.”

The Bianconeri have experienced this more than any other side so far in this revolutionary season, as in two games they had two penalties awarded against them and one in favour.

“You told us that VAR would be used in clear-cut incidents where there were mistakes, but now you are even checking the replays for a trodden toe or a finger in an ear. It’s no longer football that way, it’s turning into water polo,” Buffon told reporters in the mixed zone after a 4-2 win away to Genoa.

“It takes too long, as I didn’t even celebrate when we were awarded a penalty, because six minutes had passed.

“I am speaking as someone who represents a side that attacks a great deal and is often in the opposition penalty area: last season we had three penalties in our favour, but if it carries on like this, we’ll have 50.

“I’m happy with that as a Juventino, but it ruins the entertainment factor.”

There were major doubts about both penalty decisions at Marassi, because while Andrej Galabinov was fouled by Daniele Rugani, he was also offside and it wasn't spotted using VAR.

As for the penalty in Juve's favour, Mario Mandzukic arguably kicked the ball on to the defender's arm from point-blank range, so it could be considered involuntary.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Stupid VAR controversy'

http://www.football-italia.net/109083/buffon-stupid-var-controversy

Aug 31, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon hit back at the “stupid controversy” around VAR. “I never said I was against it, just that it shouldn’t be abused.”

The Juventus captain was criticised for complaining that the new Video Assistant Referee technology was “turning football into water polo” with constant stoppages.

“As I said from the start, it will be a very useful tool and I never said I was against it,” Buffon told Rai Sport.

“It’s a shame that when someone tries to make constructive criticism to help out, the concept becomes deformed in the media.

“I saw stupid controversy around this and it’s not good for anyone, let alone football. I am 40 years old, I’ve been in football for 23 years, I am not the last idiot to turn up. Maybe the penultimate idiot…

“I believe my thoughts merit being listened to. I merely said that VAR should be used and not abused. I never said I was against it – I am in favour.

“I also heard that referees were irritated, when in fact I was trying to support them. It’s embarrassing and it’s really sad when I hear talk of controversy or conspiracies.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Spain more consolidated'

http://www.football-italia.net/109318/buffon-spain-more-consolidated

Sep 3, 2017

Gigi Buffon believes Spain swept Italy aside in the World Cup qualifier because “they know what they’re doing and why they do it.”

Isco scored twice in the first half before Alvaro Morata put the icing on the cake at the Bernabeu.

“In my view, Spain have a self-confidence and a way of playing that is so well-consolidated over many years, which added to the quality of their various individual talents makes them remarkable,” the Italy captain told TMW Radio.

“They know what they’re doing, why they do it, and that’s something that only experience, many years of working together and of winning can give you.”

Buffon was asked if this 3-0 defeat should force Italy to reconsider their 4-2-4 approach.

“No, I think we lost because we faced a team that proved itself to be superior to us. As for the tactical evaluations, the Coach will know what to do and understand what we can express against certain teams compared to others.

“We believe and hope to go to the World Cup. There is a year ahead of us, there will be training camps to refine certain mechanisms. There are values in this squad that don’t always emerge.

“On the night, Spain simply showed they were stronger.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: Why I became a goalkeeper…

http://www.football-italia.net/109371/buffon-why-i-became-goalkeeper…

Sep 4, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon has revealed the inspiration behind him becoming a goalkeeper – former Cameroon goalkeeper Thomas N’Kono.

Speaking to Marca for its Monday edition, Buffon explained how his life changed when he was just 12 years old, during the 1990 World Cup in his homeland.

“When I was little, there was someone mythical in my life: Thomas N’Kono, the Cameroon goalkeeper,” mused the Juventus and Italy veteran.

“I saw him play at the 1990 World Cup and, after Italy, Cameroon were the team of my heart.

“It was at the 1990 World Cup in Italy. I remember the day of the first match, it was Argentina-Cameroon.

“Cameroon won and, at that moment, I decided to become a goalkeeper.

“If you aren’t attentive against Spain, they'll hurt you a lot. Spain’s players change but not the philosophy.

“Juve? We could’ve coped better in the Final against [Real] Madrid.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon set another record in Italy’s win over Israel

It’s almost like the guy is the G.O.A.T. or something.

842586858.0.jpg

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/9/6/16257592/gianluigi

-buffon-italy-israel-2018-world-cup-qualifying-european-caps-record

Sep 6, 2017

Some of the time I think that the long list of accomplishments, awards and records Gigi Buffon has racked up throughout his amazing career stretches from Turin all the way to where I’m sitting in the United States.

In case you’re trying to do the math of just how long a list that might end up being, it’s time to add another one to said piece(s) of paper.

Buffon notched international cap No. 171 in Italy’s 1-0 win over Israel on Tuesday night. That 171st cap means that Buffon, Italy and Juventus’ 39-year-old captain, now has more international appearances than any other Europe-based player in the history of this game that we love so much.

Thirty-nine years old and still going strong. That’s my guy.

View image on Twitter

Gianluigi Buffon has now made 171 international appearances for Italy - a European record. 

I’d probably say making more history is worthy of running around the field without your shirt on. Then again, it’s Buffon, so he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants because he’s the man.

And he got a clean sheet to go along with it.

Sounds like a pretty good way for a goalkeeper like Buffon to ring in another career milestone. Nope, not bad at all.

In closing, Buffon is good. Or God. Either one is applicable.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Score flattered Barcelona’

http://www.football-italia.net/109873/buffon-‘score-flattered-barcelona’

Sep 14, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon believes Juventus’ 3-0 loss to Barcelona was “too much, for the game that we played”.

The Bianconeri were soundly beaten at Camp Nou on Tuesday, but the goalkeeper feels the final scoreline flattered the hosts.

“Today we’ve only watched the images with the boss from the salient parts of the match,” Buffon said in an interview with Sky.

“We analysed the technical and tactical profile of the match, as we always do, and I was surprised by scale of the result.

“It’s a result which leaves no room for other kinds of interpretation, I think it was too much for the game we played and above all how we held the pitch in the first half.

“It’s imperative to maintain a certain compactness between the lines, you need to maintain a certain density and a certain ferocity.

“In the second half the pockets of space between our shirts got wider, because clearly we wanted to recover the result and we left our flank exposed. Against teams like them you can’t do that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: Juve, FIFA or MLS?

http://www.football-italia.net/109940/buffon-juve-fifa-or-mls

Sep 16, 2017

Gigi Buffon has offers from Juventus, the FIGC, FIFA and even to continue playing in MLS with New York City FC, claim Tuttosport.

The goalkeeper turns 40 in January and has hinted this will be the final season of his playing career.

He has already said he won’t become a Coach, so the proposals are flocking in for his next career step.

Naturally, Buffon has a place assured in the Juventus Board of Directors, although it’s not clear what his role would be.

According to Tuttosport, there are also offers on the table to work with the Italy squad via the Federation, while FIFA President Gianni Infantino wants SuperGigi to help shape the future of the sport.

There is another alternative, which would be to continue playing for at least one more year in Major League Soccer.

New York City FC are the most interested club, needing another Italy legend after Andrea Pirlo retires at the end of the current campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Veterans must step up’

http://www.football-italia.net/110995/buffon-‘veterans-must-step-up’

Oct 8, 2017

Gigi Buffon says it is up to Italy’s senior players to lead the Azzurri to next summer’s World Cup.

Giampiero Ventura’s team can no longer win their qualifying group after Friday’s 1-1 draw with Macedonia left them five points adrift of Spain with one match left to play.

They are guaranteed a play-off place but must beat Albania tomorrow in order to be seeded for the draw.

“It would have been better if we’d won,” captain Buffon said of the disappointing draw on Friday.

“If we have the ambition to improve and to be contenders, we need to analyse the performance before the result.

“Friday’s was not the best expression of our team.”

The veteran goalkeeper added that Italy’s problems are ‘psychological’ and admits he doesn’t understand why his team’s second half performance was so poor.

“It was a strange game because in the first half we didn’t do badly.

“We created three or four chances and only gave them one shot.

“In the second half we got scared and I don’t understand why. They were still playing in the same way.

“If they caused us problems, it’s our own fault. It’s all down to something psychological.

“In situations like this, it needs to be up to the senior players to lead the others.”

Italy’s players are reported to have held a team meeting yesterday in order to get to the bottom of their issues, and Buffon reiterated that it is up to him and other experienced squad members to lead a revivial in fortunes.

“We need to respond immediately, especially those with more experience.

“I look at myself first. We need to find the way to respond, starting on Monday.

“It’s part of the responsibility of our role. If you are considered a veteran, an important member of the team, you need to start doing your bit and helping whoever needs it.

“Then, you will see that things are going better.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gianluigi Buffon excels during freestyle

football showdown with Lisa Zimouche

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3223829/gianluigi-

buffon-excels-at-freestyle-football-with-lisa-zimouche

Oct 8, 2017

He may have forged a stellar career using his hands, but Gianluigi Buffon has demonstrated that he's (almost) as skilled with his feet too.

Indeed, the veteran Italy goalkeeper rattled through an impressive array of tricks and flicks during a brief kick-about with professional football freestyler Lisa Zimouche.

The pair met in Paris, with Buffon just about managing to go toe-to-toe with Zimouche in the juggling stakes before getting himself nutmegged into oblivion.

By captaining Italy in Friday's draw with Macedonia, the Juventus stopper made his 172nd international appearance between the sticks for the Azzurri, therefore setting a new all-time European record.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘World Cup my greatest dream’

http://www.football-italia.net/111105/buffon-‘world-cup-my-greatest-dream’

Oct 10, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon says he can “die in peace”, having won the World Cup with Italy in 2006.

The goalkeeper was a key member of the side which triumphed over France in Berlin, and he’s gone on to become the Azzurri’s most-capped player of all time.

“I realised the greatest dream you can have as a kid, but also as a footballer,” Buffon told Copa90.

“When I was little I’d look through sticker albums and dream of playing in Serie A, playing for the national team, but perhaps dreaming of a World Cup was too much.

"I slept before the Champions League finals, but before the World Cup I didn't sleep for even a minute.

“Winning the World Cup is worth a ticket for life, making that kind of mark on life is unique, it means you can die in peace.”

If Giampiero Ventura’s side can negotiate the play-offs, Buffon will go to his sixth World Cup, having been in the squad in 1998 before playing in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014.

“We still have to earn it, I hope we can get there. When you represent Italy you can’t not dream of winning, the dream has to be there.

“I’ve never started a competition not thinking I could win it. As an athlete you shouldn’t kill dreams or ambition. The dream is there, then of course there are percentage chances of winning, depending on the team you have.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon picks five-a-side team

http://www.football-italia.net/111107/buffon-picks-five-side-team

Oct 10, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon offers some names for a five-a-side team but admits “I’m very friendly with defenders, and I hate the strikers!”

The Juventus and Italy goalkeeper gave a long interview to Copa90, and he was asked to name a five-a-side team.

“I’m very friendly with defenders and I hate the strikers!” Buffon joked.

“I’d say the strongest I’ve played against are Ronaldo - the Brazilian -, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane.

“After those four I’d talk about my teammates, defenders I’ve played with from Thuram, Cannavaro and Ferrara to Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci and Rugani.

“To get great results in defence you need human empathy and I’ve always been successful at that. Those are the players who have written the most important history in domestic and international football.

“Among the Italians, in terms of talent, I’d have Pirlo, Totti, Del Piero and Roberto Baggio. At that point, to make it five, I’d have Paolo Maldini.

"Pirlo's wine? It's good, like everything Andrea does."

Buffon was then asked for his favourite kit, and unsurprisingly he named the Italy one.

“It’s always that of last night. The last one, blue, very beautiful. I didn’t know I’d get that feedback, after 20 years in the national team to get that small prize of wearing the Azzurra shirt.

“I’ve always given my all for my teams, and I’ve always found a fundamental value to fight on the pitch. I’ve only had three teams [Parma, Juventus and Italy] in my life.

“Being lucky enough to wear the Azzurri shirt, which is my second skin, was a great gift.

“Parma’s bankruptcy? For me it was a huge disappointment, I took that city and that club to my heart.

“Bringing the level of football we did to a club like Parma was something amazing, and the negative things in recent years hurt my soul.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti