Gianluigi Buffon

Socrates    3376
Amministratore
110681 messaggi

Home

‘Buffon should’ve retired at Juve’

https://www.football-italia.net/124211/buffon-shouldve-retired-juve

Jul 9, 2018

Former Juventus and Italy boss Marcello Lippi believes Gianluigi Buffon should have retired with the Bianconeri.

Buffon had been tipped to retire with Juve at the end of last season but instead signed a two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain.

“I’ve talked to Buffon so many times over the last 3-4 months,” Lippi told Radio Anch’io Sport.

“I’ve always told him ‘you decide, don’t accept any advice, do it your way’, and he wants to keep playing.

“I’d have liked him to end his career at Juventus, but that’s a personal thing. If he feels like he can keep playing, he must do so.

“He’ll keep playing for as long as feels like a No 1. Buffon and the National team? I think it’s finished.

“Of course, he’s a person of great loyalty and he loves the national team. I’m sure he’d make himself available to help the goalkeepers coming through, but he’s made this choice and he’ll respect it.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3376
Amministratore
110681 messaggi

Home

Unfortunate Buffon PSG debut

https://www.football-italia.net/124523/unfortunate-buffon-psg-debut

Jul 15, 2018

Gigi Buffon did not have the ideal Paris Saint-Germain debut, giving away a penalty and conceding two goals in a defeat to Chambly.

The 40-year-old goalkeeper started the friendly match and within five minutes had brought down a player to give away a penalty, which was then converted.

He conceded again before making way at half-time and PSG eventually lost 4-2.

It was their second pre-season friendly of the summer and Coach Thomas Tuchel used a 3-5-2 formation, but was missing several top names.

PSG: Buffon; Mbe Soh, Rimane, Nsoki; Georgen, Toufiqui, Rabiot, Bernede, Weah; Jesé, Postolachi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3376
Amministratore
110681 messaggi

Home

Buffon thanks Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/125748/buffon-thanks-juventus

Aug 4, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon thanks Juventus, after winning the French Super Cup with Paris Saint-Germain.

The Ligue 1 winners triumphed 4-0 over Monaco in the Trophée des Champions this afternoon, and the veteran took to Instagram after the match to reflect on the triumph.

“Even at the age of 40 you can still be happy to win a Super Cup,” Buffon wrote.

“Thanks again to Juventus who, with their culture of work, allowed me to reach this age in optimal condition to keep performing.

“Thanks to PSG, who found the necessary arguments to push me even further. Thanks to my new teammates who allowed me to win another trophy and welcomed me with enthusiasm, courtesy and respect.

“And thanks to Kevin Trapp who, despite what I offered a few days ago, wanted me to find the number 1 shirt in my place [in the dressing room].

“Thank you Kevin, from my heart, and thanks to all those who allowed me to feel these emotions again.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3376
Amministratore
110681 messaggi

Home

‘Buffon knew CR7 would join Juve’

https://www.football-italia.net/125809/buffon-knew-cr7-would-join-juve

Aug 7, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent says the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper ‘was sure’ Cristiano Ronaldo would join Juventus.

Buffon left Juve before he had a chance of playing alongside Ronaldo, but Silvano Martina revealed that did not stop the 40-year-old from backing his former club to sign the superstar.

“He didn’t see it coming in April, but as soon as the news came out he was sure Juve would sign him,” he continued to RMC Sport.

“He loved the shirt he represented, he lives life with emotions and I hope he doesn’t face he Bianconeri: it would be painful for him.

“Could he go back to Juventus? I don’t know, but I don’t think PSG would ever let go of him.

“Still, that’s only my personal opinion. It’s never been talked about.” 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti