Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Claudio Marchisio

130766 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Claudio Marchisio participates in part

of Thursday’s training session

So did Stefano Sturaro, but the emphasis here is CLAUDIO MARCHISIO.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/9/9/12854876/

claudio-marchisio-injury-update-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Sep 9, 2016

The problem with lengthy injury absences is that it’s simply a waiting game. Players go to work each day, participate in training drills that are usually completely different than those of their teammates. We don’t get to see much of training from here on the outside, so unless we hear something to the contrary, we just assume everything is going just fine and said player is on the road to recovery.

Outside of reports surrounding a possible return date, we haven’t heard much about Claudio Marchisio’s rehab and recovery from his ACL tear that he suffered late last season. Until a couple of hours ago, that is.

From Juventus’ recap of Thursday’s training session:

Two days before the Bianconeri resume their Serie A season with this weekend’s visit of Sassuolo, Massimiliano Allegri welcomed back to training two of his players from international duty in Miralem Pjanic and Dani Alves, involved in World Cup qualifiers over the past week with Bosnia and Brazil respectively.

Meanwhile, Claudio Marchisio and Stefano Sturaro, both making recoveries from injury, were able to take part for a section of today’s session, dedicated primarily to technical and tactical drills in view of Saturday’s encounter against the Neroverdi at Juventus Stadium (kick-off at 20.45 CEST).

No offense to Stefano Sturaro here because he seems like a nice guy and all, but...

Claudio Marchisio.

Claudio Marchisio.

Claudio Marchisio.

Claudio Marchisio.

Claudio Marchisio.

Yes, even the fact that Marchisio is joining the big group for a portion of a regular training session is a big deal. That’s because the injury that Marchisio sustained last April against Palermo was anything but some kind of low-key deal. We knew pretty much right away that the recovery time was going to be lengthy and that it would drag into the next season.

We don’t truly know for sure yet when Marchisio will be back in a game. Or even taking part in a complete training session, for that matter. But this is a step, a big step, in the right direction. Whether it’s October or November, Marchisio is on the right track. This is a very, very good thing.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Allegri adamant Juve will not rush Marchisio comeback

The midfielder has been active since suffering a cruciate ligament injury in April,

and his coach will make sure he is in top condition before resuming first-team duties.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/09/09/27345862/-?

Sep 9, 2016

Massimiliano Allegri insists Juventus will not take any risks with Claudio Marchisio following his knee injury and will gradually ease the midfielder back into action.

The Italy international suffered a cruciate ligament rupture in Juventus' win over Palermo back in April.

He took part for bits of Thursday's training session as he slowly edges closer to a return, but Allegri is adamant they will take things one step at a time with the 30-year-old.

"Marchisio's recovery from injury is coming along well," Allegri stated at a news conference.

"But we will not be rushing him back into action.

"It is important that he reaches peak condition before we gradually ease him into full training sessions and, eventually, matches."

Marchisio has made well over 300 appearances in all competitions for Juventus since making his first-team debut in 2006-07, winning five Serie A titles with the Turin giants.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Claudio Marchisio still on track for late-October return

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/9/29/13103606/juventus-

claudio-marchisio-injury-return-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Sep 29, 2016

Even before the summer months arrived, we were awaiting the return of Claudio Marchisio to the Juventus lineup. So many of the discussion surrounding Juve’s midfield involved the caveat of something like, “Yeah, well when Marchisio returns...” It’s unavoidable considering who or what the subject of conversation involved.

Soon, like basically in-a-month kind of soon, Marchisio will be back around. Yes, just as planned, Marchisio will be back.

According to a report from La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday, we are coming to the end of not having Marchisio in our lives. Marchisio, who tore his ACL against Palermo this past April, is still on track to return to Juventus’ lineup “by the end of October” like was originally laid out after he suffered the major knee injury that just about every athlete no matter the sport wants to avoid.

Marchisio, so vital to Juventus’ midfield, has recently returned to full training in the past two weeks.

The good thing in all of this is that we do have Marchisio updates now. Before, we were basically left to check the days off the calendar and wait to make sure the timetable laid out when he first heard his ACL go pop back in April. Now, we have visual evidence of Marchisio training with the main unit instead of just relying on Instagram posts to see what Claudio was up to on a daily basis.

For as honorable of a job as both Mario Lemina and Hernanes have done in Marchisio’s absence to open the 2016-17 season, everybody’s favorite Turin native has proven to be arguably the most important midfielder Juventus has. You can’t just replace that kind of production, that kind of responsibility overnight.

And as the Gazzetta points out, the return of Marchisio means that Max Allegri will have more options when it comes to potential switching to a four-man backline. Ah, the days of 4-3-we’ll see may just be back when Marchisio comes back. How fitting.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: Back after internationals

http://www.football-italia.net/92452/marchisio-back-after-internationals?

Oct 3, 2016

Claudio Marchisio says he is “hoping to be available” for Juventus after the international break following a “difficult” spell out.

Marchisio has been sidelined since April with knee ligament damage, forcing him to miss Italy’s Euro 2016 campaign, but the midfielder is now back on the mend.

“I’m very well, it’s been more than two weeks that I’ve trained with the team,” he told Calciomercato.

“After the break, I hope to be available. In these six months, there have been some difficult times.

“Watching the European Championship from home wasn’t easy, but I was proud of my teammates.

“Finally these long months have passed. Many champions arrived at Juve over the summer, no-one has struck me in particular.

“The newcomers have experience and are doing well. We’ve started better this season than last and we recovered the small misstep from the first matchday of the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Claudio Marchisio getting closer to Juventus return after knee injury

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2965317/claudio-marchisio

-getting-closer-to-juventus-return-after-knee-injury

Oct 4, 2016

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio is nearing a return to Massimiliano Allegri's side from a serious knee injury.

The Italy international went down against Palermo at the close of last season and has yet to make an appearance for defending Serie A champs so far this campaign.

The 30-year-old has trained with the team in recent days, however theBianconeri are preaching caution regarding his return to the field.

"I feel in very good shape," Marchisio said in quotes that appeared on the club's Twitter account.

"I've been working hard all summer to recover in the best way possible and now this is the best part.

"I've rejoined my teammates, resumed training with the ball and I can sense that the moment of my return is getting even nearer."

Marchisio has made 371 appearances in his career with the Old Lady, and has scored 35 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio hopes

to be back after the international break

We’ve missed you, Claudio. Come back to us.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/10/4/13157064/juventus-

claudio-marchisio-injury-return-2016-serie-a-international-break

Oct 4, 2016

Considering the calendar has been flipped from September to October, the attention turning toward Claudio Marchisio and his return from injury has been ratcheted up a level or two at the very least. Even though we don’t know the exact date just yet of when Marchisio will step back onto the field, the days are being counted down to when we see Il Principino in a Juventus jersey once more.

Just last week we heard a report that Marchisio was on track for a return in late-October. On Monday, we heard from the man himself. And although we didn’t hear about an exact return date, we now know that it won’t be too long after the current international break.

“I am very well, I’ve been working with the rest of the team for two weeks already. I hope to be ready in two weeks, after the international break.”

“In these six months I had some difficult moments, it wasn’t easy to watch the Euro from home”, he added. “Many champs have joined Juve during the summer. This year we have started better than in the last one, excluding the Champions League game against Sevilla.”

(Source: calciomercato.com)

The question is pretty easy to figure: When after the international break is Marchisio going to be making his much-anticipated return?

I say that because, no shot at Claudio here, what Marchisio hopes for when it comes to getting back onto the field is probably different from when he will actually make his return. I mean, when you’ve been rehabbing the same injury for six months, you’d probably want to get back onto the field as soon as possible, too.

What we know is that the timetable set out from the very beginning pretty much put Marchisio on track for a return in late-October. If that holds true to form, Marchisio will be back during the next four-week block of games that gets underway at Juventus Stadium against Udinese on Oct. 15.

We’re all awaiting Marchisio’s return. And it will be soon. We just don’t know how soon just yet. That’s okay. We’ve waiting this long, so a couple of weeks longer won’t be so bad, if you ask me.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio's 'difficult' road to recovery

http://www.football-italia.net/92734/marchisios-difficult-road-recovery?

Oct 10, 2016

Claudio Marchisio's father has given a revealing interview on the Juventus midfielder's cruciate ligament injury and his road to recovery.

“This was the ugliest moment my son has ever passed through, but thankfully it's nearly over,” Antonio Marchisio told Tuttosport.

"His wife Roberta also played a phenomenal role during the past six months.

“Two things have helped Claudio avoid getting depressed in the past six months; his family and his other great love, Juve. Every time I visited Claudio he was performing the exercises given to him by the physiotherapist. Always. He's a machine.

"His teammates were also fantastic with him. Such moments help you understand how great this group is. When Juve lose, the anger for him is double: as a player and as a fan. I learned not to call him for at least two days after a loss."

The player’s father then went on to discuss Marchisio’s recent return to training with his team-mates, his thoughts on the club’s new signings and his hopes for the future.

"He's now training with the group, however, we must be patient. Being back is one thing but reaching top form is another,” Antonio continued. “He said [Gonzalo] Higuain is very very strong and he is also quite impressed by [Marko] Pjaca.

“Claudio have the same dream as a sixth consecutive Scudetto would be incredible. Then there's the cup with big ears..."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio back for Udinese?

http://www.football-italia.net/92772/marchisio-back-udinese

Oct 11, 2016

Claudio Marchisio could reportedly return to the Juventus squad for the visit of Udinese on Saturday night.

The midfielder has been sidelined since April with a cruciate ligament injury, but has returned to training in recent weeks.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the Italian international could be included in Max Allegri’s squad for Saturday’s game, though it’s clearly unlikely he’ll start the match.

In addition to Marchisio, Medhi Benatia is expected to return, while Giorgio Chiellini should recover from the bruising to his calf which saw him forced out of the Italy squad.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Could Claudio Marchisio return to the Juventus squad this weekend?

‘Il Principino’ has been missed greatly

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/10/12/13245784/could-claudio-

marchisio-return-to-juventus-this-weekend-cruciate-ligament-knee-injury

Oct 12, 2016

There are not enough complimentary adjectives in either the Italian or English languages to explain the importance of Claudio Marchisio to the Juventus squad.

The midfielder was injured towards the end of last season, damaging his knee ligaments and was out of commission for a few months. However, he has made his long slow recovery over the summer and has even been training with the club over the last couple of weeks.

He spoke via the club’s Twitter account -

"I feel in very good shape. I've been working hard all summer to recover in the best way possible and now this is the best part.

"I've rejoined my teammates, resumed training with the ball and I can sense that the moment of my return is getting even nearer."

In addition, his father Antonio Marchisio spoke about how traumatic the injury has been for the 30-year-old, and his motivation to return to the game.

“This was the ugliest moment my son has ever passed through, but thankfully it's nearly over.

"His wife Roberta also played a phenomenal role during the past six months.

“Two things have helped Claudio avoid getting depressed in the past six months; his family and his other great love, Juve. Every time I visited Claudio he was performing the exercises given to him by the physiotherapist. Always. He's a machine.

"His teammates were also fantastic with him. Such moments help you understand how great this group is. When Juve lose, the anger for him is double: as a player and as a fan. I learned not to call him for at least two days after a loss.

"He's now training with the group, however, we must be patient. Being back is one thing but reaching top form is another.

“He said [Gonzalo] Higuain is very very strong and he is also quite impressed by [Marko] Pjaca.

“Claudio have the same dream as a sixth consecutive Scudetto would be incredible. Then there's the cup with big ears..."

Last week, Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri hinted that Marchisio was close to returning, and in an interview yesterday, fellow midfielder Stefano Sturaro, who was out with a knee injury too, stated that ‘Il Principino’ had recovered as well.

“It's been a tough past three months but I'm delighted to be finally back in action. It's never easy getting back up to speed when the campaign has already started, especially given the period I was out for.

“The start of pre-season is the key time to build up your fitness.

“I'll still need a few matches, but in the meantime I'll continue to give my all in training. That’s the only way to ensure that you're ready when the call comes to enter the action.

“I'm just as pleased about about Claudio Marchisio’s comeback as my own. With the two of us returning, the Coach [Max Allegri] will have an extra pair of bodies to ease the workload on the lads who have started the season so well.

“We all know how important the next few weeks could be, just as they were this time last year. We're in a good position and we're training very well.

“We've made some excellent additions to the group, all of whom have come here to take Juve as far as they can. There are some huge encounters with direct title rivals coming up and we will need to be ready for them.”

It sounds like the much-heralded return of the lifeblood of the Bianconeri is almost upon us.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio ready for comeback

http://www.football-italia.net/92827/marchisio-ready-comeback?

Oct 12, 2016

Claudio Marchisio is ready for his comeback after six months out, finding the net in a friendly with Juventus.

The midfielder has been absent since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in April, forcing him to miss Euro 2016 and the start of this season.

He is now fully recovered and trying to find his full fitness, so took part in a 3-0 friendly win today against Pro Settimo Eureka.

Marchisio even scored the final goal and seems ready to finally be recalled to the senior Juve squad.

The Italy international is expected to be on the bench for this weekend’s Serie A encounter with Udinese.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Missing Marchisio

Once underrated, this injury lay-off shows how important

Claudio Marchisio is to Juventus and Italy, writes Jeremy Lim.

http://www.football-italia.net/92847/missing-marchisio?

Oct 13, 2016

Much like his contribution to games, Claudio Marchisio’s absence has been barely noticed, but decisive. Out of action since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in April, missing Euro 2016 and the start of this season, the Juventus midfielder has barely been seen or heard.

Even when a Marchisio spoke in an interview last week, it was his father, Antonio, in front of the microphones.

How very Marchisio-like to pass unnoticed, not a player to dominate the headlines or the front pages. This summer, Gonzalo Higuain arrived for over €90m and Paul Pogba departed for over €100m. And yet it is not the Frenchman Juventus fans have been missing, it is Marchisio.

It’s unsurprising Marchisio goes unnoticed. He cost Juventus nothing and, while his tally of three goals and nine assists last season is nothing to snort at, his contributions at the business-end of the pitch don’t make people sit up. Goals and glamour do not define the midfield stalwart’s game. Neither do numbers. It is the balance and less often the brilliance he brings to Massimiliano Allegri’s men that makes him valued.

In teams consisting of Pirlos, Pogbas and Pjanics, he is not a person to stand out. Interviews are rare, adverts rarer and highlight reels non-existent – he is not a star in the classic sense. This season, he has been confined to the role of supporter. “When Juve lose, the anger for him is double: as a player and as a fan,” Antonio Marchisio said.

The defeat at Inter would have hurt. The narrow win at Lazio, in all-too unconvincing fashion, harrowing. Marchisio knows what he could have contributed. His Coach, team-mates and the fans knew too. Intelligence, awareness, calculation, positioning are his traits, ones that have improved everyone’s performances too. His game polarised fans at the start of his career. Accused of disappearing too often, a move to playmaker has breathed new life into him.

Supporters saw more of him there. Marchisio has never carried the team, but he lends a big hand. The 30-year-old lacks Kwadwo Asamoah’s athleticism and Miralem Pjanic’s panache, but fans notice when he is not there. There is less ability to manage the game, there is less direction and the midfield lacks the ability to see danger before it happens that he brings. The differences are subtle, but still sizeable.

Measuring Marchisio’s significance is certainly difficult, but one way is the relief with which news of his impending return is being greeted within the Juve circles. The club icon has quietly and consistently made his case to be included in the midfields of multiple Juventus and Italy Coaches. Those who matter know he matters, and the Press and pundits have slowly been catching on.

Even then, the fanfare when he steps back on a pitch will be limited. But he won’t care. He is not a player to stand in the spotlight, but he stands up when he’s needed. Flamboyant? Never. The words 'steady' and 'unerring’ pop up often when describing him, less often ‘star’. Marchisio does not care about being seen or being heard, only about helping Juventus continue their winning ways.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Claudio Marchisio: The Return of Juventus' Unsung Hero

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2670060-claudio

-marchiso-the-return-of-juventus-unsung-hero?

Oct 17, 2016

Juventus ground out an unconvincing 2-1 victory over Udineseon Saturday, the Serie A champions falling behind at home against a team that had previously struggled to compete this season.

The game—and Paulo Dybala’s superb match-winning performance—was discussed at length in this previous post, with the Old Lady’s lack of midfield cohesion and creativity once again coming into question.

Over recent weeks, the Bianconeri have sorely lacked both, but there is good news on the horizon: Claudio Marchisio is close to a comeback. After being out since April with a torn knee ligament, the Turin native was included in the squad for the Udinese clash but remained an unused substitute.

More exciting than the addition of young Moise Kean....Claudio Marchisio is back in the squad. Really pleased to see him back

He has struggled while on the sidelines, his father, Antonio Marchisio, telling Tuttosport (h/t Football Italia) that when Juve lose, "the anger for him is double: as a player and as a fan. I learned not to call him for at least two days after a loss."

With the team struggling in his absence, Marchisio’s return has long been highlighted as something that will provide a major boost to coach Massimiliano Allegri, who discussed the player’s status at a press conference before the Udinese match:

Marchisio had a good 45 minutes with the reserves, but we must look out for unforeseen dangers with muscle problems. The ideal scenario would be to give him a bit of time during the forthcoming matches, as all the others are available.

Marchisio is an important available player, one of the most important players for the years to come, but I will always exercise caution when a player returns from a cruciate injury. You have to be cautious and careful, his knee has healed but after six months of inactivity, other issues can occur.

hi-res-7886e639078e8101d2d3fb686c3bbb4f_

Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images
Allegri knows the importance of Marchisio to Juventus.

The former AC Milan boss is not the first to label Marchisio as an important player, yet somehow, the 30-year-old remains underappreciated and underrated by the wider football audience.

That has been the story of his career. Joining the Bianconeri at the age of seven, way back in 1993, he has played for his childhood club for more than two decades yet has often been overshadowed.

While Juventus fans bemoan the punishment they were handed in the aftermath of the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, their relegation to Serie B prompted players such as Emerson and Patrick Vieira to leave the club.

Emerson - Patrick Vieira - Lilian Thuram .. What a pic for#Juventus fans!. #Juve #ForzaJuve #France #Brazil

That forced the Old Lady to bring a number of youth-team players into the side under then-coach Didier Deschamps, with Marchisio making his full league debut on October 28, 2006, against Frosinone.

He spent the following season on loan at Empoli, gaining valuable Serie A and UEFA Cup experience, but even after returning to Juventus ahead of the 2008/09 season, he was something of an afterthought. In his absence, the Bianconeri had signed Christian Poulsen, Momo Sissoko and Tiago Mendes, meaning the young midfielder was not expected to see much playing time.

However, that trio were desperately disappointing, meaning that not only did Marchisio get into coach Claudio Ranieri’s starting XI ahead of them, but he routinely outperformed them. A superb display against Milan and a match-winning goal against Fiorentina (shown below) cemented his place, but there was much more to come.

The major problem in this period of his career was he never played the same position, a parade of coaches deploying him in a variety of roles because he possessed the ability to do whatever he was asked.

Ranieri, Ciro Ferrara, Alberto Zaccheroni and Gigi Delneri used Marchisio on the wing, in a deeper or more advanced role, in two-, three- or four-man midfields, rarely seeing him shine but always watching him consistently deliver.

Then came Antonio Conte. A former midfielder who once donned the Juventus No. 8 shirt now sported by Marchisio, the new boss shifted his tactics in the early part of his reign but eventually settled on using him in a trio with Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal.

.@ClaMarchisio8 is the only one of these four left in Turin &@juventusfcen fans wouldn't have it any other way ⚪️⚫️

His running, tactical intelligence and late bursts into the box made that a wonderfully balanced midfield, Marchisio reaching 10 goals for the first and only time in his career as Juve won the 2011/12 Scudetto without losing a match.

Two more titles followed as Paul Pogba broke into the side, but as Conte left to be replaced by Allegri in the summer of 2014, Marchisio saw his career take a major leap forward.

Yet for that to happen, he had to learn to play an entirely new role. An injury to Pirlo meant the bearded genius would miss the start of the 2014/15 campaign, and while Conte often used Pogba in the deep-lying position, Allegri instantly opted to deploy Marchisio as Pirlo's replacement.

17d0ea8f883416648755861bec6f1888_origina

Adam Digby, statistics per WhoScored.com

As can be seen in the table above—compiled using WhoScored.com statistics—his passing and defensive contributions improved considerably, providing a perfect filter in front of the defence while maintaining the flow of the attack.

Marchisio clearly does not have the vision of the man he replaced—who in world football does?—but he can pick out a pass to the right player at the right time and deliver it with superb accuracy.

In addition, his presence at the heart of midfield gives Allegri’s side added verve, pace and purpose. Always energetic and direct, Marchisio never looks ponderous on the ball, and his style transmits to the players around him, who instantly look more dangerous with Il Principino controlling the tempo.

The video above highlights that perfectly, and it is precisely those qualities the Bianconeri have lacked thus far in 2016/17. On the brink of his return, the supporters who have long admired the homegrown star cannot wait to see him line up alongside Miralem Pjanic and Sami Khedira.

"He’s important for the team and the fans," Maurizio, a season-ticket holder at Juventus Stadium, told Bleacher Report. "Like us, Marchisio is from Turin. He was made in black and white. He’s one of us. You know when you go out with a group of friends and the one you really want to hang out with doesn’t arrive? That’s how we feel when he’s missing.”

With a UEFA Champions League match against Olympique Lyonnaisand Serie A meetings with Milan, Sampdoria and Napoli to come before the end of October, the Bianconeri will hope he can return to form quickly.

hi-res-9708d5b38c1b5155065a4d0984656543_

MARCO BERTORELLO/Getty Images
Khedira & Pjanic await Marchisio's return.

An old friend, a local boy and a true Juventino, yet also a vital component in midfield whose importance is most glaring when he is not in the team, Marchisio is all those things and more.

Arguably, the most important thing is that he’s healthy, ready to return to the pitch and give his all for a shirt he was born to wear. As his father explained in that aforementioned interview, Marchisio has missed Juventus. However, it's not been quite as much as the Old Lady has missed her Little Prince.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Roma are our rivals’

http://www.football-italia.net/93741/marchisio-‘roma-are-our-rivals’?

Oct 31, 2016

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio believes “our biggest rivals are Roma”, but praises Napoli too.

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for the past five seasons in a row, and lead by four points after 11 games of the current campaign.

“Looking at the table I’d say our biggest rivals are Roma,” Marchisio said in an interview with JTV.

“Napoli have a good squad though, and despite the sale of [Gonzalo] Higuain they can make up the ground, because there are still a lot of matches to play.

“Roma drew with Empoli, but they’re playing well. How you play is fundamental, but in the end the important thing is to get three points at home.”

Marchisio has only just returned to the squad after a cruciate ligament injury, and was not risked from the start in Saturday’s win over Napoli.

“I’ve been out for a long time and I had a huge desire to get back on the pitch. I want to convey that to the team.

“I want to give my all, I’m really fired-up and I want to transmit that to my teammates. It’s not easy to play every three days, and it’s inevitable there can be a slight decrease in motivation.

“I’ve just come back, I’ve had a positive start but I know with this type of injury there can be periods of decline.

“It’s important to work well and always be at the maximum.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Claudio Marchisio amongst five Juventus players called up

to Italy squad for Liechtenstein, Germany fixtures

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/11/6/13539586/juventus-

claudio-marchisio-italy-squad-2016-world-cup-qualifying-international-duty

Nov 6, 2016

I think it’s safe to say that Claudio Marchisio’s return to the Italy squad was always going to be shorter than the amount of time it took for him to return from his ACL surgery. That’s just a fact. But, when it comes to Italy

All of two weeks after Marchisio returned to the Juventus starting lineup against Sampdoria, Juventus’ 30-year-old midfield anchor has been recalled by Italy manager Giampiero Ventura for the Azzurri’s World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein and friendly with Germany at the San Siro in Milan.

Marchisio is part of a five-player Juventus contingent that was called up by Ventura for the latest round of international break fun. Here, in full, are the players included to take part in Ventuna’s third round of international fixtures since taking over for some guy named Antonio Conte:

GOALKEEPERS: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Mattia Perin (Genoa)

DEFENDERS: Luca Antonelli (Milan), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Matteo Darmian (Manchester United), Mattia De Sciglio (Milan), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus), Davide Zappacosta (Torino)

MIDFIELDERS: Danilo Cataldi (Lazio), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain)

WIDE MEN: Federico Bernardeschi (Fiorentina), Giacomo Bonaventura (Milan), Antonio Candreva (Inter), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Matteo Politano (Sassuolo), Nicola Sansone (Villarreal)

FORWARDS: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Eder Citadin Martins (Inter), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Leonardo Pavoletti (Genoa), Simone Zaza (West Ham United)

GODDAMMIT WHERE THE HELL IS SIMONE PADOIN?

(I digress.)

Who knows what Marchisio’s role will be with Italy over the course of the next week and a half of international duty after he missed so much time due to his ACL surgery rehabilitation. Much to the credit of the Juventus management, Max Allegri has been patient when it comes to working Marchisio back into the squad. He’s started two games and come off the bench in another. Marchisio most recently played 90 minutes for the first time since his return in Juventus’ 1-1 draw against Lyon in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Maybe Marchisio will come off the bench in both games and he won’t be at serious risk in either of Italy’s outings. You just hope that Ventura doesn’t over do it with Marchisio’s playing time in a short period of rest in between and basically do the exact opposite of what Allegri has clearly planned out. Be nice to Claudio because Juventus needs him when he comes back from international duty, Azzurri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Claudio Marchisio off Italy squad as precautionary measure

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italy/story/2991529/claudio-marchisio

-withdraws-from-italy-squad-as-precautionary-measure

Nov 7, 2016

Italy have announced midfielder Claudio Marchisio has withdrawn from their squad for the matches against Liechtenstein and Germany as a precaution.

Marchisio was back in the squad after missing Euro 2016 having ruptured anterior cruciate ligaments while playing for Juventus in April.

The 30-year-old, who has 54 caps, made his return to action last month in his club's 4-1 Serie A win against Sampdoria and has featured twice more since then.

A statement on the Italian Football Federation's official website on Monday said Marchisio had "a left lower limb joint overload" and that boss Giampiero Ventura "as a precaution decided to give up" the player.

The statement added that Atalanta midfielder Roberto Gagliardini and Genoa defender Armando Izzo have been called up.

Also on Monday, it was announced Fiorentina's Davide Astori had come into the squad as a replacement for fellow defender Andrea Barzagli, who suffered a dislocated shoulder early in Juventus' 2-1 win at Chievo on Sunday.

Italy play Liechtenstein away in a World Cup qualifier on Saturday, then host Germany in a friendly three days later.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio out of Italy squad

http://www.football-italia.net/94039/marchisio-out-italy-squad

Nov 7, 2016

Claudio Marchisio has been ruled out of the Italy squad for friendlies with Germany and Liechtenstein due to injury.

The Juventus midfielder has left the Azzurri training camp at Coverciano due to 'muscular problems'. The 30-year-old has only just made his return at club level from a six month layoff due to an ACL injury, making just three total appearances for the Bianconeri so far this term.

In his place Italy CT Giampiero Ventura will call Roberto Gagliardini of Atalanta who has previously appeared for the Under-21 side, and the squad will rise to 29 players with the additional inclusion of Genoa's Armando Izzo.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Juventus need time’

http://www.football-italia.net/94786/marchisio-‘juventus-need-time’?

Nov 24, 2016

Claudio Marchisio urges Juventus fans to “give it some time” and assures “you don’t need the armband to be a captain”.

The Bianconeri are seven points clear at the top of Serie A, and have already secured their place in the Champions League Last 16 with one match to spare.

Nevertheless, Max Allegri’s side have been criticised for their performances, with the midfield coming under particular scrutiny.

“There’s a lot of quality now too,” Marchisio insisted in an interview with Sky.

“The characteristics have changed, which is normal. Arturo [Vidal], Andrea [Pirlo], Paul [Pogba] and I played together a lot and we achieved a lot of successes.

“Sami [Khedira] arrived last year and immediately showed the value that he has, because he’s a player of great quality and quantity and he always shows up in matches.

“Then there’s Miralem [Pjanic] who arrived this year. He has already integrated well, he’s already scored a few goals.

“So we need to give it some time so that we can integrate better as the season goes on, partly because we’re only in November.

“The old guard and the Italian nucleus is important for us, because we’re able to convey what it means to be Juventus and to wear this shirt.

“As this was taught to me, now I’m teaching it to the youngsters.

“Could I be captain? I’ve always believed that you don’t need the armband to be a captain. Even when Ale [Del Piero] was here, Gigi [Buffon] was already one even though he didn’t have the armband.

“So I think it’s to do with your character too, there are people who are predisposed to make themselves heard in the group every day.

“I’m definitely emotional when I wear it though, because of the great champions who have worn it. So whenever there has been a chance I’ve been proud and happy to wear it.”

Marchisio is coming back from a cruciate ligament injury, but wouldn’t put a percentage on his level of fitness.

“I’m not going to put a percentage on my physical condition. All I can say is that, compared to before the injury, it takes a little more time to recover after a very hard game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: 'Bitter-sweet 2016'

http://www.football-italia.net/96230/marchisio-bitter-sweet-2016

Dec 30, 2016

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has taken to Instagram to describe his bitter-sweet 2016.

Whilst his Bianconeri side won both the Scudetto and Coppa Italia trophies, Marchisio missed six months of playing time through a cruciate ligament injury sustained on April 18th.

It was not only Juventus that missed the number eight though, as he also was unable to take part in Italy’s Euro 2016 campaign.

"In addition to many victories in 2016, I can not forget the very long summer," the 30-year-old wrote on his Instagram profile.

"I missed the end of year awards at the Juventus Stadium with my teammates, the European Championships in France, and the very first part of this season.

"I will never forget the hard work I did in those months.

"BITTERSWEET 2016."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Roma a great team’

http://www.football-italia.net/96302/marchisio-‘roma-great-team’

Jan 2, 2017

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio calls Roma “a great team”, and warns Porto won’t be easy in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri are four points clear at the top of Serie A with a game in hand, having beaten the Giallorossi in their final League match of 2016, but the Italian international warns the Scudetto isn’t wrapped-up yet.

“In this League campaing, unlike the previous one, we started well,” Marchisio told JTV.

“We’ve had slip-ups in certain situations, losing important matches like the two in Milan and against Genoa, even if we’ve always recovered well from these defeats.

“Our rivals? Roma have proven to be a great team in recent years, they’ll want to aim for the Scudetto. Napoli didn’t start well, but they’ve got a good squad, not just for the League but for the Champions League as well.

“Bologna? It’s nice to restart in our stadium, with our fans behind us. We’ll have to be ready for what will be a tough game and being in front of our own fans will give us an extra boost.

“We’re playing against a team which will want to start well, and we all know that the first game of the year - and those after a break in general - are never easy.

“Not to mention that [Roberto] Donadoni has always caused us problems whenever we’ve faced his teams, and we have to remember that our last draw was actually against Bologna a year ago.

“We need to make sure we start the year on the right foot.”

Juve are aiming to win the Champions League this year, and have been handed a favourable Last 16 tie against Porto.

“We’re pleased with the draw because we definitely could have met teams which are - on paper - stronger, but we can’t forget that Porto are Champions League mainstays.

“They’re always good in this competition and they always have talented players who every year sign for big clubs, so we need to be careful.

“They’re a very technical team, but they’re physical too so it won’t be easy. Any team you meet at this stage will have quality, they’re all difficult matches.

“Luckily for us we’re playing the first game away, so we’ll have the return leg at Juventus Stadium. There’s time for the Champions League though, now we have to think about the League and pick up where we left off.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Talent not enough for Juve’

http://www.football-italia.net/97030/marchisio-‘talent-not-enough-juve’

Jan 17, 2017

Claudio Marchisio warns his Juventus teammates “we have to work every day, you can’t go anywhere on talent alone”.

The Bianconeri were beaten by Fiorentina on Sunday night, and have been roundly criticised for the standard of performance they offered at Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“It wasn’t a great performance from us,” Marchisio admitted in an interview with Sky.

“So we just have to look forward. That’s the most important thing because we’re being tested every three days and you always have to be ready.

“We’re happy to have won five Scudetti in a row, but our goal is to never stop and to always improve, not only in lifting trophies but in everyday life.

“We know we have a good squad with good qualities, but in order to express those qualities we have to work every day, because you can’t go anywhere on talent alone.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mar 17, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Claudio Marchisio insists Juventus don’t see the Barcelona tie as a chance for revenge - “it will be totally different”.

The Bianconeri were beaten 3-1 in the 2015 Champions League final by Luis Enrique’s side, and will renew acquaintances in the Quarter-Finals of this year’s competition.

“It will be totally different,” Marchisio shrugged, speaking to Sky.

“Before it was a one-off final, this time it will be two games so we can’t even think of it as revenge.

“We have to think about a very important round, where there were easier teams on paper, but everyone who has come to this point has shown great quality and talent. Anyone who got to this point is a strong team.

“We’re meeting a Barcelona who managed an incredible comeback [against Paris Saint-Germain] to get to this Quarter-Final and we look forward to facing them.”

Marchisio missed the European Championships and the start of this season with a cruciate ligament injury, is he back to his best?

“There have been some positive moments and some which have been slightly lower. I know I need to work every day to return to the form I had before the injury.

“There’s a great desire to prove myself, but it’s not just me: all of the squad wants to get to the end in every competition.

We have the quality and the characteristics to get to the end in all three.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chelsea and United eye Marchisio

Image may contain: 2 people

http://www.football-italia.net/100114/chelsea-and-united-eye-marchisio

Mar 24, 2017

Both Chelsea and Manchester United are said to be interested in signing Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio.

According to Tuttosport, the Premier League clubs are both monitoring the 31-year-old, with suggestions that Blues boss Antonio Conte has spoken to the player by phone.

The one-club man started his career with the Bianconeri at the age of seven, rising through the youth ranks, and has since made a total of 358 appearances for the club.

It may be difficult therefore, for former boss Antonio Conte to tempt the Italian international away from Turin – as despite having endured a difficult spell with injuries – he remains integral to Massimiliano Allegri’s side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: 'I admire Iniesta'

http://www.football-italia.net/100423/marchisio-i-admire-iniesta

Mar 30, 2017

Claudio Marchisio can’t wait for the trip to Napoli, admires Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta and confirmed Juventus Champions League ambition.

The midfielder sat down for a lengthy interview with JTV, but it won’t be aired in full until tomorrow evening.

“As a child I loved playing as a striker, then I became a midfielder. I am happy to be one of the Bianconeri symbols, as that is a dream I had since childhood.

“It has been an incredible journey. I am proud and so is all of my family. It was such a wonderful path here that I still feel like I am inside a dream, even if so many years have passed and I’ve won so many trophies.

“I realised I was a professional in Napoli-Juventus in 2006-07, a good performance and after that I felt ready for anything. It was the first time I felt an integral part of Juve.”

Marchisio returns to the Stadio San Paolo in Serie A on Sunday evening and again next Wednesday for the Coppa Italia semi-final.

“We have to take it one game at a time. We’re both coming off the break for international duty, so many players have travelled long distances.

“Napoli-Juve will be a wonderful clash, as Napoli are proving themselves to be a great team with important figures who play beautiful football.

“We are doing very well and growing game by game. We concentrate for now only on Serie A, we’ll think about the Coppa Italia later.”

The run of tough tests doesn’t end there, as Barcelona are up next in the Champions League semi-final.

“Even if the Champions League does come during a delicate time in the Serie A calendar, adrenaline gives you incredible physical and mental energy. You don’t need much to prepare for a game against Barcelona.

“It won’t be a chance for revenge after the 2015 Final, as that could only have been in another Final. Our objective is to reach the Final in Cardiff and challenge for the cup.

“The Barcelona player I admire the most is Iniesta, as he has infinite talent and intelligence. He brings so much both with his ideas and passing.”

Is there a particular goal that Marchisio dreams of scoring?

“One from midfield. I managed it with the Primavera squad years ago against Salernitana, actually from the get-go. The goalkeepers are more concentrated at this level, so it’s more difficult…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘The treble is possible’

http://www.football-italia.net/101637/marchisio-‘-treble-possible’

Apr 25, 2017

Claudio Marchisio says Juventus “have an obligation to believe” they can win the treble this season.

The Bianconeri fell just short of that achievement in 2015, losing the Champions League final to Barcelona, meaning Inter are the only Italian side to have won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and Champions League in the same year.

“At this point in the season, we have an obligation to believe,” Marchisio told Premium Sport.

“Considering the advantage we have in the League, with the Champions League semi-final to be played and the Coppa Italia final, we’re convinced we can do it.

“A sixth Scudetto? If it arrives it will be as important as the first. The first was like that because we hadn’t won anything for a while and I personally hadn’t won anything yet, so that’s why it was incredible.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Juventus never give up’

http://www.football-italia.net/101641/marchisio-‘juventus-never-give-up’

Apr 25, 2017

Claudio Marchisio says Juventus’ strength is “we’re a team that never gives up” and “opponents now have different ideas about us".

The Bianconeri have reached the Champions League semi-final for the second time in three years, having failed to reach that stage since 2006’s Calciopoli scandal.

“There have been some important moments, and certainly the fact that we’ve got back to winning brought a lot of importance to the team and an awareness of our own strength in Italy as well as Europe,” Marchisio explained to Sky.

“For three years now, beyond our performances opponents now have different ideas about facing Juventus.

“Three years ago we got to the final and last year we went out to Bayern Munich who are definitely a great team, and we put in a top performance.

“This year we’re again confirming that we’ve overcome the period where Juventus could not be considered important in Europe.

“Our strength? Definitely the group. This year a lot of important players have come in and immediately adapted to a collective which has shown its value for many years.

“We’ve changed the formation this year too, because since the boss [Max Allegri] has come in, every year he’s made some changes for the good of the team.

“Above all the team wanted to get to work to make the changes work. It was a benefit for the whole team in the journey of the season and you’re seeing that this year.

“We’re a team which never gives up, especially in the two games with Barcelona where in the away leg we pushed a lot, having tried to score as many goals as possible at home.

“In Barcelona, above all in terms of character and ruthlessness the team was an impenetrable wall.

“It was immediately clear that it wouldn’t be easy to face that team, and we showed we could do it without thinking of what could go wrong.”

Marchisio missed the end of last season and Euro 2016 with a cruciate ligament injury, and he also spoke about his progress.

“It’s been more than a year since the injury, and I’m happy with the way it’s going.

“I had budgeted for the fact that there would be highs and lows, but I’ve managed to handle them in the best way without having any long bad periods which wouldn’t permit me to train. That’s the most important thing.

“Above all it’s a mental thing, you know that you’re used to making certain movements with your head and with your body, and above all after an injury you have to adapt to physical changes and also mental ones.

“These changes though don’t lead to you having other problems and I’m in a good period.

“It’s good because above all it’s the team that counts, because we’ve reached the most important part of the season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti