Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Fabio Paratici

130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve want Champions League'

http://www.football-italia.net/112705/marotta-juve-want-champions-league

Nov 12, 2017

Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta discussed investments, Blaise Matuidi, why VAR will “legitimise” their success and that Champions League ambition.

The director spoke to Il Giornale newspaper and you can read the rest of his comments here.

“Having the Agnelli family at the helm for 94 years gives a sense of belonging. Having an Agnelli as President is an added bonus,” said Marotta after the 120thanniversary of the club’s foundation.

“Andrea Agnelli created a winning model and the core business is football, but you must also have an invisible team behind you ensuring support in all areas. Agnelli had long-term vision with two principles: competence and delegation. Everything at Juve is aimed towards victory.”

However, that does not mean the Bianconeri intend to invest all their revenue on one or two big players.

“With Gonzalo Higuain, we had an opportunity during an historic moment as he left Napoli and we considered it a suitable investment, but you can’t be expected to spend €90-100m every summer.

“The truth is, we defined the Higuain deal before selling Paul Pogba to Manchester United, although obviously that move was predictable and it facilitated our bid for Pipita.

“I do not agree with those who said we overpaid for Blaise Matuidi, as €20m plus bonuses for a fully-fit player with character and experience is sustainable. Don’t forget, we sold Leonardo Bonucci for €40m…

“I think the squad has only expressed itself to 70 per cent of its real capabilities. I do believe this is the most balanced Juve side I’ve worked with.

“I am convinced that if we want to win in Italy, the core of the team must always be Italian. When you play against provincial clubs, the foreign players struggle to understand that every side plays the game of a lifetime against Juventus.”

Gianluca Vialli suggested the introduction of the video assistant referee technology in Serie A this season would act as extra motivation for Juventus, as they would finally hit back at those say they are favoured by referees.

“Regardless of that, it is our duty to win every time,” replied Marotta. “We were built for the Scudetto and not winning it would be a defeat. We don’t fear VAR, in fact it can help legitimise our victories.

“For example, we have already received three penalties, the same number we were awarded throughout all of last season. Admittedly, we didn’t convert all of them… The trouble with being strong is that it breeds envy, just as there is no culture of accepting defeat.

“Napoli play beautiful football, but every team has its DNA. Juve’s symbol is the torn sock that Giampiero Boniperti kept in his office.”

While Juve have won the Serie A title six times in a row, they also lost two Champions League Finals in three years.

“The Champions League depends on many factors. We were eliminated in Istanbul with Galatasaray because it snowed. In any case, in recent years I maintain the best team won in the end.

“My journey with Juventus is not finished and there is this challenge that we want to win the Champions League. Even after that, I don’t see myself at another club. When Agnelli wants me to go, I see myself working with the Federation.”

Before his experience in Turin, Marotta was the director of sport at a Sampdoria side that qualified for the Champions League play-offs, so what were his best career deals?

“Selling Pierluigi Casiraghi to Boniperti’s Juventus, as that was a sign of my future destiny. Bringing Antonio Cassano to Sampdoria from Real Madrid, as we were recuperating a lost talent.

“Selling Pogba to Manchester United was a fine move on a professional level.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: Leave Dybala alone!

http://www.football-italia.net/112755/marotta-leave-dybala-alone

Nov 13, 2017

Beppe Marotta believes Juventus star Paulo Dybala must be left alone “to become a champion” after his barren spell in front of goal.

Dybala began the season with 10 goals in six Serie A appearances for Juve, but the attacker has yet to break his duck in the Champions League and has netted just once domestically since September 23.

“There’s a lot of pressure on him at the moment,” the general manager told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’ve got used to him giving extraordinary performances. Therefore, when he puts in an ordinary performance, it’s branded inadequate.

“In reality, he’s a player who only turns 24 years on November 15. Therefore, we have to let him mature so that he becomes a champion.

“When you’re young, there are times when your performances aren’t at their best.

“Transfers? We have no deep problems, but we have to look ahead, knowing that we need to be competitive and seize any opportunities that the market offers us.

“It’s not easy, and when you have to sign a player for Juventus. It’s not easy to find them.

“It’s also true that we need to reflect on this squad, in terms of age, but we also realise that we have great professionals.

“In my role for Juventus, my objective is to get to the top, and this Champions League is almost an obsession for us.

“We managed to reach two Finals, but we couldn’t lift the trophy. This must be a reason to get to Kiev, and maybe with some luck we can lift the trophy.

“Scudetto? Not winning it would be a sporting failure. Given the quality of our squad, we believe that we must be candidates to win it again.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus open new school

http://www.football-italia.net/112909/juventus-open-new-school

Nov 16, 2017

Juventus have inaugurated the World International School of Turin, part of a Bianconeri citadel taking shape in the Continassa area.

The club invested huge sums to buy up land close to the Allianz Juventus Stadium and are building training centres, stores and a hotel.

Today, CEO Beppe Marotta was present at the opening of WINS – the World International School of Turin – which will include the J College, dedicated to players coming up through the Juventus youth academy.

“WINS represents a reference point for excellence, the same excellence that Juventus always want to seek out,” explained Marotta.

“A football club can be defined as a sporting phenomenon, a business, but above all a social enterprise: we have circa 400 players registered for the youth academy, which means just as many families who trust their kids to us, so we have a strong responsibility.

“At WINS, we have found a structure that can help us not so much create players as intelligent men who can also play football. I am proud to be here and launch a gym that will help us to train the human qualities of tomorrow’s men.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve monitoring Can'

http://www.football-italia.net/114427/marotta-juve-monitoring-can

Dec 17, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta encouraged Paulo Dybala and confirmed they are “tracking” the Emre Can situation.

The Bianconeri visit Bologna today.

“It’s traditionally a difficult fixture for Juventus, so we know it’s particularly tough. Whenever Juventus play away to provincial clubs, they are the most difficult, because they put in the performance of a lifetime.

“We have to match the opposition in terms of determination or we’ll get nowhere,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

Dybala has again been dropped from the starting XI amid reports of poor form and personal issues.

“The Coach has to make decisions based on the group and not the individuals. It’s a moment of difficulty for Dybala, he needs to find the symbiosis between the person and the personality, to paraphrase Pirandello. He has to find the calm and focus, as if he gets his head clear, then he can get back to putting in great performances.”

The January transfer window is approaching and there are reports Juventus have agreed terms with Liverpool midfielder Emre Can.

“Emre Can is a name doing the rounds because his contract is running down and from February he’ll be able to agree terms. I won’t deny he is a player we too have monitored and many important clubs will try to close a deal over the next few weeks.

“We are tracking the situation, nothing more.”

Claudio Marchisio is struggling for playing time, prompting rumours of a move to MLS.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: "Allegri will stay a long time with us"

http://www.football-italia.net/115157/marotta-‘no-alex-sandro-talks’

Jan 5, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta says there’s “interest from big clubs” in Alex Sandro but “no negotiations”.

The Brazilian full-back has been heavily linked with Chelsea since the summer, and there have been rumours the English club will make a bid this month.

“Juventus’ policy is that if a player asks to leave, we won’t hold him back,” Marotta reiterated, speaking to RAI in an interview which will be broadcast in full this evening.

“We know there’s interest from big clubs in Alex Sandro, but at the moment there are no negotiations.”

Marotta also discussed Coach Max Allegri's future, as well as the Champions League.

“Allegri still has a two-year contract, but he’ll stay with us for a long time.

“Ambitions for 2018? Last year we missed out in the icing on the cake, this year we’ll try again. The Champions League is always our top objective.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'No Dybala price-tag'

http://www.football-italia.net/115235/marotta-no-dybala-price-tag

Jan 6, 2018

Giuseppe Marotta assured Juventus have no intention of parting company with Paulo Dybala. “We haven’t put a price-tag on him.”

The Juventus director of sport spoke to Mediaset Premium ahead of tonight’s Serie A trip to Cagliari.

“The January transfer window is about repairing your squad and fortunately we are covered in all departments,” said Marotta.

With Phillipe Coutinho set to move to Barcelona for €160M, Marotta was asked what he thought his Argentine frontman was worth.

“We haven’t put a price-tag on Paulo, so it’s difficult to make an assessment. We have no intention of putting him on the market.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lotito and Marotta come to blows?

https://www.football-italia.net/116248/lotito-and-marotta-come-blows

Jan 27, 2018

La Repubblica claims Lazio President Claudio Lotito and Juventus chief Beppe Marotta almost came to blows in a Lega Serie A meeting.

The encounter between the 20 top-flight clubs was held on Friday, as they continue to debate over who will be the next President of the FIGC.

Lotito backs Lega Nazionale Dilettanti chief Cosimo Sibilia, while Juve and Marotta have put their weight behind Gianluca Grava.

The preferred choice for Lotito is current amateur league patron Sibilia and it was largely Lotito who helped push predecessor Carlo Tavecchio to the main job.

According to La Repubblica newspaper, a row broke out yesterday in the Lega Serie A meeting, as Lotito was mocking Juventus.

Marotta seemingly reacted and the two men almost came to blows, separated by their colleagues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘No deals for Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/116373/marotta-‘no-deals-juventus’

Jan 29, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta confirms there will be “no interventions” before the end of the transfer window.

The Bianconeri don’t tend to do business in January, but it has been speculated they could bring in a winger as Juan Cuadrado needs surgery on a groin injury.

“We’re fine as we are,” Marotta insisted, speaking to RMC Sport.

“There are no interventions to be made, even with Cuadrado out.

“Riccardo Orsolini? He’ll stay at Atalanta.”

Marotta was also asked for his opinions on the FIGC, after delegates failed to elect a new President.

“You saw how it went. This is a day which represents a defeat for Italian football. It’s a black day, not a black-and-white one.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Pochettino claim unfounded'

https://www.football-italia.net/118366/marotta-pochettino-claim-unfounded

Mar 11, 2018

Juventus director Beppe Marotta denied Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino’s claims and insisted there’s no deal for Emre Can.

This morning’s game saw Fiorentina beat Benevento 1-0 amid emotional scenes, as they saluted captain Davide Astori.

It brought many together, as Juventus players were applauded as they attended Astori’s funeral on Thursday, casting aside long-held rivalry.

“Football has often been criticised, but it has values within it. Fiorentina experienced tragedy, but we also saw friendship, solidarity and the sharing of grief between all the clubs and players,” Marotta said of Astori’s passing.

On Wednesday, Juventus beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 at Wembley in the Champions League, but Spurs manager Pochettino claimed that Marotta and President Andrea Agnelli “pressured” the referee at half-time.

“It’s totally unfounded. We are not accustomed to such things. We absolutely did not approach the referee at half-time. Quite simply, I went into the locker room – as I always do – to wish everyone good luck. There was no direct or indirect approach to the referee.”

Marotta was also asked about reports Liverpool midfielder Emre Can has chosen Juventus for next season.

“I’d say that right now is not the time. Emre Can is a player everyone wants for his qualities and being a free agent on June 30. We’ve had our say, there are other contenders and we await a response, but don’t think it’ll be over the next few days.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Juventus can compete in three’

https://www.football-italia.net/118768/marotta-‘juventus-can-compete-three’

Mar 20, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta believes they can compete on three fronts, and isn’t sure Maurizio Sarri would fit in Turin.

The Bianconeri are locked in a Scudetto battle with Napoli, but the Partenopei only have Serie A while the Old Lady is chasing a treble.

“I think it’s a great sporting rivalry, and on my part there’s a lot of admiration for [Napoli Coach Maurizio] Sarri,” Marotta told RMC Sport.

“Napoli aren’t just playing good football, I think statistically speaking [at this point] they’ve amassed the most points in the history of their club.

“It’ll be a good battle, of all the top European leagues the only one that isn’t decided is the Italian one, proving that often we speak inappropriately.

“Every effort involves psychological and physical sacrifices and a loss of energy, but we’re participating in something important.

“Being protagonists in the Champions League, or playing the final of the Coppa Italia, can give further motivation.

“We’ve built a competitive squad both in terms of quality and numbers. [Coach Max] Allegri can rotate the players as he sees fit.”

Marotta was then asked if he’d take Sarri at Juve if Allegri were to leave.

“I think Sarri has shown all his quality over the years, he’s one of the best Coaches around. Then everyone has their own characteristics and they have to adapt to the environment.

“When you choose a Coach you make other considerations too, but Sarri has been one of the most beautiful surprises among Italian and European Coaches.

“I think that’s the most important aspect, then it’s up to him whether he stays at Napoli or not, those choices should be taken by him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Pogba and Morata mirages'

https://www.football-italia.net/120130/marotta-pogba-and-morata-mirages

Apr 19, 2018

Juventus director Beppe Marotta spoke of a Crotone “minefield” and the “mirage” of seeing Paul Pogba and Alvaro Morata return.

He was asked about reports that Pogba and Morata could return to Juventus, as they seem to be regretting their moves to Manchester United and Chelsea respectively.

“Personally, I don’t believe in returns, but there are exceptions. These are two great players and good lads, but to be honest, they are mirages for us.

“Matteo Darmian? No, nothing has been done there.”

Marotta also spoke about the on-going controversy over the Champions League exit to Real Madrid.

“VAR is an instrument that is not perfect, but it does reduce the number of errors. It should be used in the Champions League as soon as possible.

“It’s paradoxical that there should be VAR in Italy, goal-line officials in some countries, not in others. We said Pierluigi Collina assigned a referee that was not experienced enough for the task at hand.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta: ‘Can in 10 days. Icardi…’

https://www.football-italia.net/122865/marotta-‘can-10-days-icardi…’

Jun 12, 2018

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta hopes to complete a deal for Emre Can “in 10 days” and calls reports of an approach for Mauro Icardi “fantasy football”.

The Bianconeri have already signed Mattia Perin this summer, with Can expected to follow on a free transfer from Liverpool.

“We’re optimistic on Emre Can,” Marotta confirmed outside an event in Milan.

“We can say that the contact with his representatives has started and are going well. We hope we can reach a conclusion in 10 days.”

One of the biggest stories so far this summer has been the suggestion that Gonzalo Higuain could be sold, possibly as part of a deal for Inter captain Mauro Icardi.

“Juventus players are considered unsellable, up until the moment they ask to be sold. In the case of Higuain, even if he’s at the World Cup, we’ve received no such request.

“Icardi is a suggestion. Obviously we’re talking about an excellent player, one who belongs to Inter, and then there are these news reports that we’ve approached him.

“All that falls into the realms of fantasy, fantasy football.”

Joao Cancelo has also been linked with a move, after his loan spell with the Nerazzurri last season.

“Cancelo is a top player and the type of profile we’re looking for, but at the moment there’s no negotiation going on,” Marotta insisted.

“All I can say is that he’s an interesting player.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta: ‘Ronaldo? No comment…’

https://www.football-italia.net/123983/marotta-‘ronaldo-no-comment…’

Jul 4, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta responds “no comment” when asked about the possibility of Cristiano Ronaldo joining from Real Madrid.

There have been rumours in recent days that the Portuguese superstar could join the Bianconeri in a €100m deal, signing a €30m per season contract.

Today Marotta and sporting director Fabio Paratici are in Milan, and the former was spotted by reporters in the city centre.

He was asked if Juve fans could dream of Ronaldo, but the director simply smiled and replied “no comment”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Zidane to take Juventus role?

https://www.football-italia.net/124611/zidane-take-juventus-role

Jul 17, 2018

A Spanish journalist reports that Zinedine Zidane will take up a role as assistant sporting director at Juventus in October.

The Frenchman is currently out of work after leaving his position as Real Madrid Coach, having won the Champions League in each of his three seasons.

There have been suggestions he could manage Qatar at the 2022 World Cup, while the France job appears to be out of the question after Didier Deschamps guided Les Bleus to the World Cup.

Now Libertad Digital, citing journalist Juanma Rodríguez, reports that Zizou will take up a role with Juventus.

The former midfielder played for the Bianconeri, and it’s claimed he’ll work alongside sporting director Fabio Paratici.

Rodriguez then explained on Twitter that his source is “someone very close to the Agnelli family”, and that Zidane won’t take up the role until October to avoid pouring salt into Madrid wounds after Cristiano Ronaldo moved to Juve.

Zizou played over 200 games for the Old Lady, winning two Scudetti and being awarded the Ballon d'Or in 1998.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

‘Juventus respect Bonucci but…’

https://www.football-italia.net/125006/‘juventus-respect-bonucci-but…’

Jul 26, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta confirms Leonardo Bonucci wants to return from Milan but “we have a full squad, especially in defence”.

The centre-back left the Bianconeri last summer, but he now wants to return to Turin just 12 month after the €40m deal.

“It all started because we cordially met with Leonardo [Milan’s general manager] and studied some things,” Marotta explained to Sky.

“He told us what Bonucci was thinking, and he spoke well of his years at Juventus. Milan only told us what the player feels.

“Right now we have a full squad, especially in defence. The relationship with Bonucci is based on mutual respect, but for now I wouldn’t go any further.”

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed for the Old Lady, and it’s widely expected that Gonzalo Higuain will be sold to make way for the Portuguese.

“We are proud to have brought in Cristiano Ronaldo, an extraordinary player, thanks also to our President [Andrea] Agnelli.

“As for Higuain, he’s an important player for us but it’s normal that now there’s a lot of competition in his position we’re talking to him and trying to decide what’s the best solution for everyone.

“On our part there’s huge respect for the player.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Bonucci agent meets Juve

https://www.football-italia.net/125043/bonucci-agent-meets-juve

Jul 27, 2018

Leonardo Bonucci’s agent reportedly met Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici on Friday.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, the meeting was used to ‘assess the feasibility’ of Bonucci returning to Juve.

However, the Sky Sport journalist warns there is still ‘distance’ over the players involved in the deal and a fee for the defender.

Despite Gonzalo Higuain being touted as a Milan target, Di Marzio believes the Rossoneri are ‘cold’ on the idea of bringing in the striker as they ‘would like’ Mattia Caldara in exchange.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta and Paratici meet Milan

https://www.football-italia.net/125578/marotta-and-paratici-meet-milan

Jul 31, 2018

Juventus directors Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are at Casa Milan to close the deals for Mattia Caldara, Leonardo Bonucci, and Gonzalo Higuain.

The two clubs have agreed a deal whereby Caldara and Bonucci will be exchanged, while Pipita will move to on loan San Siro for €18m, with an option to make the deal permanent next summer for a further €36m.

Now Juve’s general manager, Marotta, and sporting director, Paratici, have been spotted arriving at Casa Milan, presumably to close the deal.

Bonucci left the Old Lady last summer to make the move to San Siro, but he wants to return and could even take a pay cut to do so.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta up for ‘best executive’ award

https://www.football-italia.net/127655/marotta-best-executive-award

Sep 7, 2018

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has been nominated for the World Football Summit’s Best Executive Award.

Marotta’s work in establishing Juve as not only a force in Italian football but also around the world, as well as his efforts to bring in five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo over the summer, have been recognised.

WFS’ website explains the award is for ‘the executive who has made a change for the benefit of the institution, has made the most efficient use of its resources and has achieved greater impact according to their capabilities’.

The Italian will be assessed on ‘financial management, operational management, sports facilities and Investment’.

The 61-year-old is up for the accolade alongside Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano and Real Madrid’s Jose Angel Sanchez.

The winner will be announced on September 24 at the WFS Industry Awards ceremony in Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta for FIGC President?

https://www.football-italia.net/127809/marotta-figc-president

Sep 11, 2018

Multiple reports state CONI President Giovanni Malago and the Under-Secretary for Sport are pushing a surprise FIGC candidate - Juventus’ Beppe Marotta.

The Federation has been without a permanent President since Carlo Tavecchio stepped down in the wake of the World Cup failure, with Roberto Fabbricini appointed as extraordinary commissioner.

A meeting has been called for October 22 to find a new leader, who must get 73 per cent of votes from the federal council.

This morning La Stampa, Corriere dello Sport and Corriere della Sera are all reporting that Malago and Under-Secretary for Sport Giancarlo Giorgetti are pushing Juve’s general manager Marotta.

While the role does interest Marotta in principle, he would prefer to run at a later date and would want to feel broad support from the lower leagues and players before making a move.

In addition, the FIGC President receives a salary of €36,000 per year, much less than Marotta earns with Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Breaking: Marotta leaving Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/128659/breaking-marotta-leaving-juventus

Sep 29, 2018

Director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed he is leaving Juventus on October 25, but not to be FIGC President.

"It has been a remarkable eight-year run, Juventus will always be in my heart,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia after the 3-1 win over Napoli.

"I want to announce this because a list of the directors will be released on Monday and my name won't be on it. I thought it only right to anticipate and give that news before anyone tries to create a different version.

“The natural end to the mandate is October 25 and will not be renewed. I will remain as director general of the sport area. For how long is a detail we'll decide with the President.

"I can categorically exclude the report I will be a candidate for the FIGC Presidency. That is not an experience that interests me.

"We'll explain in more detail later on, but this is what I felt the need to confirm right now. It is an emotional moment."

Juventus also released a statement from Marotta this evening.

“The club is enacting a period of profound renovation. My mandate as general manager expires on October 25 and my name will not be on the list of the Board of Directors that will be presented on Monday.

“For the moment, I will remain director general, but I felt it important to communicate this to avoid speculation and we will evaluate my position with the President over the next few days.

“These have been eight wonderful years crowned by success stories and Juventus will always remain in my heart.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Marotta: 'Juve made the decision'

https://www.football-italia.net/128698/marotta-juve-made-decision

Sep 30, 2018

Giuseppe Marotta confirms Juventus made the decision to remove him from the club and he fully intends to be “at another top club” in 2019-20.

The announcement last night that his mandate would not be renewed when it expired on October 25 and he’d be leaving the Board of Directors was a bolt from the blue.

Over the last 24 hours, it has become increasingly evident that Marotta was pushed out by President Andrea Agnelli.

“It is a situation the club wanted and I have to adapt to their desires and ideas, out of my love for both the people and of Juventus itself,” Marotta told Rai 2 show 90 Minuto.

“I think it’s a bit much to say I was kicked out. I simply have to follow the company line. I am a company man, I understand and therefore it is only right that other people step forward. I am sure that I have given 100 per cent over these years of great success. I hope those who replace me do the same.

“It is painful, because the world of work and of sport are made up of sentiments. In these eight or nine years, I have fortunately experienced so many wonderful emotions.

“I believe that I accompanied President Agnelli on this journey and now he is able to be a protagonist in this sport at both national and international level.

“Juve represent one of the most unforgettable pages in the book of my life. The best memory was in Trieste, when we won the first Scudetto of the Agnelli era with Antonio Conte on the bench. It was such a strong feeling and so unpredictable, as with hard work and dedication, we wiped out the gap from the top clubs in one year.”

It now remains to be seen what Marotta will do next, as options include the role of FIGC President, or jobs at Roma, Napoli, Manchester United and Barcelona.

“I can categorically deny that I will be a candidate for the FIGC, because that is not something I want to choose.

“I will not rule out joining another big club, as I am a man who spent the last 40 consecutive years in club football and it’s the first time I am taking a break during a season.

“I need to recharge, but I would like to begin 2019-20 at the helm of another team.”

Juventus have made no secret of their desire to win the Champions League this year, so if they make it to the Final, will Marotta be there?

“I’d be happy if Juventus make it to the Final, as it’d be the fruits of not just my labour, but also of my collaborators Fabio Paratici and Pavel Nedved.

“If they get there on June 1, I’d be there cheering them on, simply as a fan.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Agent: 'Zidane yes Juve, no Man Utd'

https://www.football-italia.net/129029/agent-zidane-yes-juve-no-man-utd

Oct 8, 2018

Zinedine Zidane’s agent insists Manchester United are “not compatible” with his approach to football, but he “could be seduced” by Juventus.

The Coach is currently a free agent after leaving Real Madrid, having won three consecutive editions of the Champions League.

He has been heavily linked with the Old Trafford job currently held by Jose Mourinho.

“I don’t think he’ll go to work in England, as it is not compatible with his style or approach to football,” agent Alain Migliaccio told French newspaper Journal du Dimanche.

“I discussed it with him and the idea really doesn’t attract him at all. He has chosen to take a Sabbatical year and won’t change his mind on that.”

When asked about the possibility of Juventus, either as a Coach replacing Max Allegri next season or a directorial role, the agent’s tune changed.

“There is history there, so it’s entirely possible. He could be seduced by the club where his heart already lies, but a magnificent project.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

‘Pogba won’t return to Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/129076/‘pogba-won’t-return-juventus’

Oct 9, 2018

Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici confirms “we love Paul Pogba very much”, but rules out a return from Manchester United.

The French midfielder is believed to be unhappy at Old Trafford, and has been linked with a move back to Turin.

“We love him very much,” Paratici confirmed at the Manlio Scopigno awards.

“We’re connected to him, but we’ve never thought about it and we’re not going to think about it.

“Sergej Milinkovic-Savic? He’s a great player, but we haven’t spoken to him or Lazio.”

Paratici will soon have more responsibility with the Bianconeri, as general manager Giuseppe Marotta is leaving on October 25.

“Up until now I’ve managed quite well behind the scenes, not least due to my character. Now the situation will change a bit, but I’ll keep working to make Juventus as strong as possible.

“I dedicate this award to the person who raised me, and really for me he’s been a putative father: Dr Marotta.

“Could he go to Inter? I wouldn’t be surprised, because he’s a great director and one of the best of the past 10 years, perhaps along with [Adriano] Galliani, and the Nerazzurri are a great club.

“I only hope that he’s happy, and if that means being a director at a big Italian club, that’s fine.

“As for myself, I’ve never thought about changing, I’m in love with Juventus. I like the environment in which I work and I like the squad.

“Fortunately I have a very well prepared staff and I share my ideas with [Vice-President] Pavel Nedved and the Coach [Max Allegri].”

Inevitably, the director was also asked about Cristiano Ronaldo, from the impact his departure has had on Real Madrid to the allegations against him.

“He’s probably the best player in the history of football, so his departure will obviously shift things [for Madrid].

“Cristiano is a very simple person and an excellent professional, he has all our support.

“How did the deal come about? We talk about it initially, and straight away we got the feeling he wanted to join us, which was a huge advantage.

“Real Madrid had a gentleman’s agreement with him, the ownership kicked things off and negotiations began.

“Does he make Juventus Champions League favourites? We have already achieved great results, we’ve reached two finals.

“We’ll always try to do better, but we know it’s not just down to planning, you need a bit of everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

OFFICIAL: Marotta leaves Juve

https://www.football-italia.net/130091/official-marotta-leaves-juve

Oct 31, 2018

Beppe Marotta is free to become Inter’s new CEO after officially terminating his contract with Juventus.

A statement on Juve’s official website read ties between them and Marotta, as well as fellow director Aldo Mazzia, had been ‘severed’.

Furthermore, the 61-year-old will receive €361,775 in compensation from the Bianconeri, with Mazzia pocketing €278,000.

The former Sampdoria executive has been heavily linked with leading Inter’s new-look board alongside Steven Zhang.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Marotta: Joining Inter 'possible'

https://www.football-italia.net/130628/marotta-joining-inter-possible

Nov 13, 2018

Former Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta confirms it is ‘possible’ that he will become Inter’s new general manager.

Marotta had been heavily linked with Inter since leaving Juve last month, and he revealed at an award ceremony in Veneto on Monday that the Nerazzurri were an option.

Sport Mediaset writes the 61-year-old would take control of the Beneamata’s sporting area, collaborating with CEO Alessandro Antonello.

Furthermore, Marotta has been ‘personally requested’ by new Inter President Steven Zhang, who hopes the former Sampdoria executive can emulate the work he did for the Bianconeri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti