Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Fabio Paratici

130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve don't want Verratti'

http://www.football-italia.net/104274/marotta-juve-dont-want-verratti

Jun 17, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta admits they are “not interested in Marco Verratti” and dropped Corentin Tolisso following a change of tactics.

The transfer guru spoke to the Corriere della Sera newspaper about wide-ranging issues, including a bid for Gianluigi Donnarumma after his Milan row.

“Evaluating the technical characteristics and the investment required, we are not interested in Marco Verratti. We certainly won’t spend €100m on him,” noted Marotta.

This leaves the door wide open for Paris Saint-Germain man Verratti to join Barcelona, although his club is holding out for a huge fee.

“Gonzalo Higuain last summer was an extraordinary event. The ordinary approach to transfers is to bring in important elements, although the term ordinary no longer means what it used to. The current transfer market has some crazy evaluations…”

Juve are seeking a midfielder and for a long time it looked as if Tolisso was the one, but the Olympique Lyonnais man joined Bayern Munich this week.

“We had Tolisso in hand, but after the change of system, he was no longer the player we needed.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta wants end to ‘greedy’ agents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor marotta e raiola

http://www.football-italia.net/104375/marotta-wants-end-greedy-agents

Jun 19, 2017

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has called for the regulation of agents and an end to their “very greedy” ways.

A report in Monday’s Gazzetta dello Sport explains how $1.1bn (€982m) was spent on agent fees between 2013 and 2016 in deals monitored by the Transfer Matching System (TMS).

“When a club is faced by other competitors, especially big European clubs, it has no choice but to accept requests that run counter to any logic,” he told the newspaper.

“We must regulate the role of these professionals, who are sincere but also very greedy.”

Marotta may have been referring to Mino Raiola, who is said to have pocketed €27m from Paul Pogba’s world-record move back to Manchester United from Juve last summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Dani Alves leaves Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/104511/marotta-dani-alves-leaves-juve

Jun 21, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta confirmed Dani Alves will terminate his contract by mutual consent for Manchester City, while Alex Sandro “received a substantial offer.”

Dani Alves only arrived a year ago as a free agent when his Barcelona deal expired, contributing six goals and seven assists in 33 competitive games.

“It’s not a breakdown of our rapport, as motivation is fundamental for a player,” Marotta told Calciomercato.com and Mediaset Premium today.

“Dani Alves told us he wants to try an alternative experience, so we will terminate the contract by mutual consent and wish him all the best.

“Of course there is disappointment at what he said, but we confirm there was no split.”

Dani Alves infuriated fans this week by urging Paulo Dybala to leave Juventus if he wanted to reach his full potential.

Meanwhile, Chelsea are reported to have made a €50m offer for left-back Alex Sandro.

“A substantial offer has arrived,” confirmed director general Marotta.

“We have no intention of selling anyone, but if a player decides to leave, as has happened in previous years, then at the end of the day he has to go, because we don’t keep anyone against their will.

“But at the moment there are no such situations and I hope nobody will leave.”

Another deal with a Premier League side is under investigation, as FIFA announced they are looking into Juventus for the Paul Pogba sale to Manchester United.

“It was a transfer with very high numbers, so it’s only natural there was an investigation. We acted in full respect of the rules, replied to the FIFA questions and are confident there will be no disciplinary action.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve priority isn't buying'

http://www.football-italia.net/104513/marotta-juve-priority-isnt-buying

Jun 21, 2017

Beppe Marotta said Juventus “will be more concrete” on the transfer market in the next few weeks, “but for now the priority is confirming the squad that reached Cardiff.”

The Bianconeri director general also commented on Dani Alves, Paul Pogba and Alex Costa, so you can read that here.

“We have a squad that reached the Champions League Final, so being able to confirm them en mass would be an achievement in itself,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

He was asked about Douglas Costa, Federico Bernardeschi and Blaise Matuidi.

“We want to confirm this squad and then obviously will be on alert to what could happen. The market is getting into full swing and we will be more concrete over the next few weeks, but the priority right now is to keep the side that reached Cardiff.”

Juventus had confirmed their interest in Gianluigi Donnarumma if he refused to sign a new contract with Milan.

“You are the ones who have been giving a daily update on what is happening between agent, player and Milan. If these are the rules, then we have to take them into consideration.

“I can only say that we have taken what has happened into account.”

Marotta again denied reports that Leonardo Bonucci had clashed with teammate Paulo Dybala in the locker room during the Champions League Final half-time break.

“It was a normal motivational speech in a Champions League Final. It wasn’t any more fiery than on other occasions. In any case, it was (Max) Allegri who dictated the themes and gave indications for the second half.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve lose chief scout to United

http://www.football-italia.net/104619/juve-lose-chief-scout-united

Jun 23, 2017

Juventus have announced the departure of chief scout Javier Ribalta, who has been linked with Manchester United.

Ribalta joined Juve in 2012 after stints at Liverpool, Torino, Milan and Novara, but the Daily Mirror claims the Catalan is heading to United, where “he will liaise with the club’s scouts across the globe, as chief coordinator”.

“It’s been a wonderful few years here,” he told the Bianconeri’s official website.

“My thanks go to all involved with the club, particularly Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici for the faith they have shown in me since day one.

“I will look back on my time at Juventus with great pleasure.”

The Mirror adds Ribalta’s first job in Manchester will be to push through a deal for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, whom he helped bring to Juve three years ago.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Champions pass, but Juve remain’

http://www.football-italia.net/105983/‘champions-pass-juve-remain’

Jul 18, 2017

Beppe Marotta says “champions come and go, but Juventus will live on and our desire to win remains intact.”

Juve have dominated Italian football for the past six years, winning as many Serie A titles consecutively, while featuring in two of the last three Champions League Finals.

“Champions come and go, but the club remain and our desire to win will stay intact,” the general manager said at an award ceremony held by the Juventus Club Parlamento fan club, which saw him recognised for his role in the Bianconeri’s success.

“To have six years of success like Juventus have had is no coincidence. For another run of five straight Scudetti, you have to go back 77 years, in the Agnelli family’s early years.

“Juventus, in these six legendary years, have written history in Italian and world football.

“Today, we’re a global symbol for ‘Made in Italy’ because we’re a modern, global club and managed with great expertise.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Juventus hard to improve’

http://www.football-italia.net/108325/marotta-‘juventus-hard-improve’

Aug 17, 2017

General manager Giuseppe Marotta says the Juventus squad is “difficult to improve” and “we’ll do our analysis after September 1”.

The Bianconeri have lost Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves this summer, with Federico Bernardeschi, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa among those coming in.

“It’s a stressful market, in general,” Marotta told JTV.

“As has emerged from several parties, there’s a desire to shorten this ordeal.

“What do we need? There are still 15 days to go, anything could happen. We’re calm and conscious of having a competitive squad for the competitions we’ll be participating in.

“We’ll see what happens over these next 15 days but there’ll be nothing fanciful.

“The most certain position? In goal, we’re very happy with who we have between the posts.

“As for the rest, shortening the transfer window would help, saying who will arrive is risky but it’s part of the game. We’ll do our analysis after September 1.

“There are also agents working on the market now, and players who want to change teams the first time they’re left out.

“It’s fair that it be shortened, but we also have to understand that this group, Juventus, is difficult to improve. We start the season without the icing on the cake [the Champions League] but having won the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia.

“It’s a very strong group.

“Is our cycle at an end? [People said] it ended after [Antonio] Conte’s departure, but over these six years we’ve proved that we have a winning model.

“We don’t buy the players the fanbase wants us to buy, our organisation is very valid and we go forward with that.

“The goal could be to close the transfer window when one of the important leagues begins. A lot of players don’t show up for training, there’s intolerance from those who don’t want to remain with their current clubs.

“Football is no longer about club symbols who spend 10 years in the same shirt, but we risk seeing spectacles which have nothing to do with football.

“Neymar? The release clause [€222m] seemed disproportionate to me, but if it had been €300m or €350m Paris Saint-Germain would have paid it.

“It’s part of the game, this is a market where the figures are huge even for medium quality players, because even we don’t know how a player is valued until someone is interested in him.”

Marotta also singled out Rodrigo Bentancur for praise, after the midfielder signed from Boca Juniors.

“He’s being underestimated because he’s young and doesn’t have a great CV, but he’s proving to be a talent and this season he can find the space to give himself a big profile.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta gives Juve transfer update

http://www.football-italia.net/108359/marotta-gives-juve-transfer-update

Aug 18, 2017

Beppe Marotta hints Juventus will not give up on Leonardo Spinazzola, reiterates Alex Sandro is staying and admits Ezequiel Garay is “a great player”.

Calciomercato.it also quotes the Juve general manager as telling reporters Juan Cuadrado and Kwadwo Asamoah have joined Alex Sandro in “not asking to leave” and that his club had moved on from Leonardo Bonucci.

“Spinazzola? His is a two-year loan. We’re aware of this and we’re grateful to Atalanta for what they’ve done for him,” he said.

“We asked Atalanta if we could get him back a year early, paying the right money for him, but they said ‘no’ and we pulled out without any problems.

“We’re sorry for the player because he’d have a great opportunity here, but that’s football and it must be respected. Won’t he come? There’s still 15 days…

“Cuadrado, Alex Sandro and Asamoah? None of them have asked to be sold.

“The only one who’s asked us to stay is Alex Sandro and that gives us great pleasure, so we’ll definitely reject Chelsea’s offer at this time.

“Asamoah did mention the possibility of Galatasaray but didn’t ask to leave, like Cuadrado.

“These situations at the end of the window are common, but we’re not bitter about it.

“There are no such cases [of them leaving], but there are still 15 days for us to respond to any offers from other clubs.

“Bonucci? There’s no use talking about him. The only thing that matters is that he doesn’t cause us any grief with what he says.

“Garay? He’s a great player…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: Juve my last club

http://www.football-italia.net/108531/marotta-juve-my-last-club

Aug 21, 2017

Beppe Marotta says Juventus will be his final club but suggests his future could lie in football law-making.

Marotta has played a key role in turning around Juve’s fortunes since being appointed general manager in 2010, and the 60-year-old gave an insight into what the future held for him.

“Of course, I don’t see myself at another club,” he told Il Sole 24.

“Instead, I’d like to make a contribution to sporting policy, offering my experience to, at least, safeguard the social and ethical values of football, which makes it so important.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta:

Romance dying in football

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3185262/juventus-general-

manager-beppe-marotta-romance-is-dying-in-modern-game

Aug 21, 2017

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has said he is becoming disillusioned with the direction in which football is going.

Marotta, who moved to Juve in 2010 and has helped the club to six Serie A titles in a row, said he was worried about the way in which the game was changing off the pitch.

"In 40 years, I've been through all the transformations in this sector, from patronage to TV, from the invasion of finance to this new era in which the trading of players has buried romanticism for definite," he told Il Sole 24 Ore.

"Fans' favourites who would embody the spirit of a team and identify with them no longer exist, and will no longer exist. [Francesco] Totti and [Gianluigi] Buffon will be remembered as the last examples of classic football.

"Elite football will always be a form of entertainment. The best players will become even more like stars of showbusiness, and they are going to live off temporary wages -- like actors in cinema -- almost without any contractual obligations, if not to provide a spectacle for a given event.

"We may not want this as lovers of football, but the world economy is pushing in this direction."

Beppe Marotta
Beppe Marotta wants to 'save the social and ethical values of sport within football.'

Marotta said he had needed to adapt to a changing landscape at Juventus as the club "aims to consolidate itself as one of the most important, profitable multinationals in the sports system."

He added: "I definitely cannot see myself at any other club. I'd rather make my contribution to sport and lend my experience to trying at least to save the social and ethical values of sport within football."

And Marotta said he and Juventus would learn from the disappointment of last season's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.

"I always bear in mind something which Nelson Mandela said, and that is: 'I never lose -- either I win or I learn,'" he added.

"We've learnt a few things from that experience. Call it know-how which will help us win certain trophies; a blend of experience and ability to be clear headed at crucial times.

"So the challenge starts again for us, and we are even more determined."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘No to Keita and Schick’

http://www.football-italia.net/108593/marotta-‘no-keita-and-schick’

Aug 22, 2017

General manager Giuseppe Marotta insists Juventus won’t sign Keita Balde or Patrik Schick this summer.

Lazio forward Keita is absent from training as he tries to force through a move to the Bianconeri, who have maintained that they dropped their interest after a bid was rejected.

Schick, meanwhile, was all-set to join from Sampdoria before he failed a medical, but there have been rumours Juve could come back in for him.

“Keita is a closed topic, just as Schick is a closed topic,” Marotta shrugged, speaking to reporters after Blaise Matuidi’s presentation.

“It’s easy for you [the media] to say Milan, Juventus, or Roma, but for us it’s a closed topic.

“We’re good as we are, then maybe there will be some opportunities.

"Ezequiel Garay? He's a top player, but the conditions aren't there."

It was reported yesterday that Claudio Marchisio was of interest to Milan, but Marotta dismissed that.

“It’s a situation which we’ve read or heard about. Symptoms of dissatisfaction absolutely do not exist at all within the club.

“Marchisio is part of this squad which increases its level of quality year-on-year, and also in midfield we’re different to a few years ago because there’s more competition.

“After that it’s up to the Coach to decide who plays. However, it must be noted that we played 57 official matches last year, along with the international ones, so we really need a competitive squad.

“It’s normal that Marchisio can’t always play, and the same goes for [Sami] Khedira or Matuidi. It’s very normal.”

Leonardo Spinazzola looks set to return from his loan spell with Atalanta, is there an update on that?

“It’s well known that he’s our player, our asset,” Marotta noted.

“It’s common knowledge that we need a profile like his within our squad, but it’s also true we entered into a two-year agreement with Atalanta which we want to honour, because there’s mutual respect between us.

“The fact remains though that this young lad knows Juventus have this need. And, being owned by Juventus, knowing full well that this is an important opportunity, it’s normal that he’s putting on pressure to come to us.

“That’s then going up against the scheduling of Atalanta who quite rightly started planning for their season a long time ago.

“If, in the end, it’s decided that the player will stay there it’ll be up to Atalanta to re-motivate him.

“I want to point out that I spoke to [Atalanta President Antonio] Percassi yesterday and the relationship between us is good.

“Right now in football there’s this continuous dynamic of players not turning up to training or who have to handle certain situations.

“In my opinion Spinazzola’s behaviour is the normal, spontaneous reaction of someone who knows he has the chance to wear the Juventus shirt, and that’s not a small thing.

“We’ve spoken to Spinazzola in recent days and made it clear that we have confidence in him.

“Of course it’s clear that everything can change from year to year and nothing is guaranteed for the future…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve in Howedes talks'

http://www.football-italia.net/108721/marotta-juve-howedes-talks

Aug 24, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta commented on the Champions League draw, denied an Andre Gomes bid, but Benedikt Howedes is “more than a hypothesis.”

The Bianconeri have been drawn with Barcelona, Olympiakos and Sporting CP.

“Every group has its dangers, the important thing is to reach every game in the right frame of mind. They are all tough opponents and the most important thing is how we approach it,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

“Neymar is not an easy man to replace and we’ll see in the market how Barcelona do that, but they have a great deal of quality anyway.

“In my view, Serie A is the most balanced in Europe and also the most draining in terms of physical and psychological energy. We reached the Champions League Final in Cardiff after a very intense campaign, because we had to sweat to the penultimate round.

“Playing all the provincial sides means you have to give your all and cannot field a second-string side. You must above all be highly-motivated and that can drain your energy for the Champions League performances.”

Marotta was asked about the rumours Juve are making a bid for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

“We have a good rapport with Barcelona, but the Andre Gomes issue was put on the front page by the journalists, as we absolutely did not negotiate for him this week. At the moment, he is not an objective.

“We are still working and I don’t like to rule anything out. The squad is already competitive for our objectives. I don’t think there are many opportunities for us, as we will only sign someone if they can raise the quality level of the squad.

“We are looking at some defenders, as we will certainly intervene in that area before the end of the window. If we can find someone eclectic who can play both in the centre of defence and on the flank, that’d be better.”

Is this a hint after reports of a deal with Schalke 04 for Germany international Howedes, who can play centre-back, right-back or left-back?

“You are very intuitive. We won’t deny that we had contacts, Howedes represents an interesting profile, but we still have to work out contractual issues with him and with Schalke 04. He is an option, perhaps more than just a hypothesis.”

Marotta also commented on reports Claudio Marchisio was seeking a transfer to Milan.

“We never feared for Marchisio, as he is not only a great player, but also a great fan. He has basically only ever played for Juventus since he was a kid and is emotionally bonded to this club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'No more Juventus buys'

http://www.football-italia.net/109071/marotta-no-more-juventus-buys

Aug 30, 2017

Beppe Marotta said Juventus won’t make any major buys after Benedikt Howedes, reassured Leonardo Spinazzola and said Lazio were “lucky” to get €35m for Keita Balde Diao.

“Sami Khedira has a small problem with his knee, but will certainly be available very soon,” the director general told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think Howedes is the final signing, as we are very happy with the squad at Allegri’s disposal, so do not expect any major moves in the final hours of the market.”

Kwadwo Asamoah is eager for a transfer to Galatasaray, but Marotta warned that is unlikely.

“We have always said that if a player wants to be sold, we’ll try to make him happy. Unfortunately, this is not possible because the offer came late in the market and we don’t have the chance to replace him. I am sure when the window closes, Asamoah will focus and get back to being the great player he always has been.”

Asamoah would’ve been allowed to leave had they got Spinazzola, but Atalanta refused to cut the two-year loan deal short.

“Spinazzola loves football, he loves the Juventus academy where he grew up, and wants to achieve the dream of wearing the Bianconeri jersey as a protagonist. This isn’t possible right now because we have an agreement with Atalanta and he will have a future at Juventus, but we do realise he is upset.”

Alejandro ‘Papu’ Gomez posted a message on Instagram regarding someone who had betrayed his faith.

“We did note Gomez’s comments on social media and want to remind him that being a captain requires certain characteristics and responsibilities that he should learn to adopt. He ought to copy Gigi Buffon’s example on how to be a captain,” added Marotta.

Papu Gomez did later remove the Instagram messages, posting a new one insisting there was no reference to Spinazzola and he was talking about someone else in his private life who had lost his confidence.

Keita Balde Diao joined Monaco for €30m plus bonuses, whereas Juventus had offered at most €15m.

“Keita was a great opportunity on the market, but Lazio and their President have a certain strategy and were quite lucky to get the transfer completed for such a consistent sum.

“Patrik Schick was also an opportunity, but not a necessity.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Marotta: Mercato closed, Emre Can next summer?

http://www.juvefc.com/marotta-mercato-closed-emre-can-next-summer/

Aug 31, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta has confirmed Juve’s summer spending has come to an end while hinting at a possible move for Emre Can next summer.

“Sami Khedira has a small problem with his knee, but will certainly be available very soon,” Marotts told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think Howedes is the final signing, as we are very happy with the squad at Allegri’s disposal, so do not expect any major moves in the final hours of the market.”

“Asamoah? We have always said that if a player wants to be sold, we’ll try to make him happy. Unfortunately, this is not possible because the offer came late in the market and we don’t have the chance to replace him. I am sure when the window closes, Asamoah will focus and get back to being the great player he always has been.

“Spinazzola loves football, he loves the Juventus academy where he grew up, and wants to achieve the dream of wearing the Bianconeri jersey as a protagonist. This isn’t possible right now because we have an agreement with Atalanta and he will have a future at Juventus, but we do realise he is upset.

“We did note Papu Gomez’s comments on social media and want to remind him that being a captain requires certain characteristics and responsibilities that he should learn to adopt. He ought to copy Gigi Buffon’s example on how to be a captain.

“Keita? He was a great opportunity on the market, but Lazio and their President have a certain strategy and were quite lucky to get the transfer completed for such a consistent sum.

“Patrik Schick was also an opportunity, but not a necessity.

“Emre Can is an excellent player, I don’t know if he will renew with Liverpool, but we’ll stay on the sidelines and watch,” Marotta told Calciomercato.com.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barcelona to poach Juventus director?

http://www.football-italia.net/109419/barcelona-poach-juventus-director

Sep 5, 2017

Barcelona are reportedly considering hiring Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici.

The Blaugrana lost Neymar this summer and failed to sing Philippe Coutinho, their first-choice replacement.

That has led to suggestions that the team needs to be rebuilt, and Tuttosport believes they are considering Paratici to handle their transfer business.

He and general manager Giuseppe Marotta have been praised for taking the Bianconeri from consecutive seventh-place finishes to six Scudetti in a row.

The pair are known for their shrewd, low-cost signings such as Andrea Pirlo, Sami Khedira and Arturo Vidal.

Tuttosport believes Marotta could also move to Camp Nou, noting that the pair have been inseparable since their time at Sampdoria.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Premier League choice is wise’

http://www.football-italia.net/109517/marotta-‘premier-league-choice-wise’

Sep 7, 2017

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta welcomes the moving of the Premier League transfer window, and wants Serie A to follow suit.

It was announced today that English clubs will now only be able to buy players up to the Thursday before the league starts.

Marotta, who is also President of the Sporting Directors’ Association, has long been an advocate of his approach, and was asked by Sky for his reaction to the news.

“This is a decision I was waiting for with great satisfaction,” said the Bianconeri director.

“It’s the right choice. Having such a long transfer window creates turmoil, a well-run club succeeds by planning out a transfer campaign.

“The transfer market has to be limited, you can’t have players moving when the leagues have already started.

“Our Lega Serie A must now address the FIGC, with a strong opinion arriving from all the clubs.

“The decision is for the Federation, but all the major leagues have to be in line.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Beppe Marotta: ‘Juventus for life’

http://www.juvefc.com/beppe-marotta-juventus-life/

Sep 10, 2017

Beppe Marotta Juventus will need to manage squad rotation this season and declares he and Fabio Paratici are tied to Juve for life.

The Bianconeri are faced with a number of injuries to the team ahead of the Champions League match against Barcelona, so changing the starting XI will be important for success.

“Last season we played 57 competitive games, on top of internationals, so there are naturally some problems to consider,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

“Massimiliano Allegri makes the most of the entire squad at his disposal.

“Leonardo Bonucci’s departure is more of a romantic loss than a technical one. Maybe Medhi Benatia is not going through his best period of form, but he does suit our requirements and over the course of a campaign he can make a decisive contribution. He’s a real professional and I believe he is up to the task.

“The mercato? I think a reduced transfer session is opportune, as we saw it created problems within various teams and when the season starts, we need to have a direct link with our teams.”

“New contracts? Paratici and I are very happy at Juventus, we get along well with everyone and have helped set up a winning model. There is no contract renewal, but we are tied to this club for life, unless of course Juventus tell us otherwise. It’s an idyllic union.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: Iniesta won’t leave Barca

http://www.football-italia.net/109806/marotta-iniesta-won’t-leave-barca

Sep 13, 2017

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta believes Andres Iniesta will remain a Barcelona player next season.

Iniesta has continually stated that he is not close to signing a new contract with Barca, fuelling talk of a Bosman switch to Juve.

Nonetheless, the midfielder was acclaimed for his performance in their 3-0 victory over the Bianconeri in the Champions League on Tuesday.

“He’s a great champion, but he has a contract with Barcelona, which he’ll surely extend,” Marotta told La Sexta.

“He’s on the best of terms with his club’s board and he’s a very important player for them, so I think he’ll stay at Barcelona.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Final maximum for Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/110002/marotta-final-maximum-juve

Sep 17, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta suggested simply reaching the Champions League Final is “the maximum target a club like ours can aim for.”

This is the first match since the 3-0 Champions League defeat at the hands of Barcelona at Camp Nou.

“Issues are probably both tactical and psychological. It was clearly not a perfect performance. We were more than decent in the first half, then below par in the second, but one must also take into account the quality of the opponent,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

Mattia De Sciglio has been ruled out by an ankle injury and tomorrow will have tests for micro-fractures, which makes it particularly awkward with Stephan Lichtsteiner off the Champions League squad.

“We don’t have a player who was important for the number of games we were going to face, but we have a large squad and eclectic players who can adapt to that role.

“Another player, Benedikt Howedes, was also injured against Barcelona and has played at full-back many times. So the decision to leave Lichtsteiner out was made by everyone. The Coach discusses his ideas with the club, so this situation is only notable now because of an unexpected setback to De Sciglio.

“That is all part of the imponderable and unpredictable elements that make football so fascinating.”

Considering his poor performances in big European games, Marotta was asked if Juventus were happy they had paid €90m for Gonzalo Higuain.

“If you look at last season, I think we achieved everything possible. We won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and reached the Champions League Final, which is the maximum target a club like ours can aim for. We lost to Real Madrid, who are clearly better-equipped to win the trophy.

“Higuain showed that he is not only a great hitman, but also important working with the rest of the team, so we’d absolutely complete this transfer again.”

Finally, there is the issue of President Andrea Agnelli’s trial for his rapport with the ultras and ticketing irregularities, for which the FIGC prosecutor requested a two-and-a-half-year ban plus two games behind closed doors for the team.

“I think it’s more of a hopeful and emotional request from the prosecutor and has no real basis in the evidence, so we are perfectly calm and await the verdict.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: If Dybala wants out…

http://www.football-italia.net/110196/marotta-if-dybala-wants-out…

Sep 21, 2017

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta admits “if Paulo Dybala wants to leave, it’ll be impossible to keep him.”

Speaking to Premium Sport before Juve’s 1-0 win against Fiorentina on Wednesday, Marotta also insisted he was “delighted” with Gonzalo Higuain, despite his struggle for goals, and revealed no Bianconeri players were lumbered with release clauses.

“€90m for Higuain? This campaign was created following Pogba’s sale and we’re delighted with Higuain,” explained the 60-year-old.

“Beyond all that, he’s important to our style of play. Advantage in Serie A? It’s premature to talk about points now.

“Many teams moved well in the transfer market. I think the League will be decided by games between the competing sides.

“Release clauses for Juve players? It’s crucial in a player-club relationship in Spain, but only Higuain and Pjanic had them in Italy. I’m against giving clauses to our players.

“Neymar’s transfer? The damage can’t be calculated that easily, and for me it goes beyond the €220m [Barca] pocketed.

“I also take into account that they lost a player like him towards the end of the transfer window.

“Dybala? The player is the one that decides his fate, and if he wants to leave, it’ll be impossible to keep him.

“Serie A? The League should have 20 teams instead of 18. It would benefit the national team, the show and the clubs.

“Pellegri? We’ve been following the lad for two years. We sounded him out, but the figures back then were far lower than what they are now.

“He’s among the best players of his generation, but he still has to become a champion.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Juventus aren’t nervous’

http://www.football-italia.net/110909/marotta-‘juventus-aren’t-nervous’

Oct 6, 2017

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta responds to Aurelio De Laurentiis - “we’re not nervous”.

The Napoli President had suggested that the Bianconeri were worried by his side, who have enjoyed a perfect start to the Serie A season.

“We’re not nervous,” Marotta shurugged, speaking to Sky.

“The league is made up of interconnected phases, there are still a lot of games to play and for now we can only analyse the few matches we’ve played. We’re content.

“VAR? Juventus know there is a need for technical support for the referee. We accept the new technology and we know we’re in a testing phase so there will need to be improvements in the protocol.

“[Mario] Mandzukic’s goal was rightly ruled-out, but I don’t know why they didn’t call for VAR on [Gonzalo] Higuain’s penalty claim in the 94th minute.”

It has been suggested that Lazio Coach Simone Inzaghi could end up in Turin, as an eventual replacement for Max Allegri.

“We’re not thinking about a Coach, but he [Inzaghi] is an emerging Coach and I’m sure he’ll have a great career.

“That said, I repeat that we’re happy and satisfied with Allegri’s work.”

Paulo Dybala didn’t get off the bench for Argentina’s 0-0 draw with Peru, while Gonzalo Higuain wasn’t even in the squad…

“Argentina have great players. [Lionel] Messi remains the best player in the world, so it’s clear that it’s difficult for La Joya and Higuain to get in.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Nothing happened in Cardiff’

http://www.football-italia.net/111780/marotta-‘nothing-happened-cardiff’

Oct 24, 2017

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta insists “nothing happened” at half-time in the Champions League final.

The Bianconeri competed well with Real Madrid in the first 45 minutes in Cardiff, but they collapsed in the second half and lost 4-1.

Rumours soon began to emerge that there had been a bust-up at half-time featuring Leonardo Bonucci, who was sold in the summer.

“The goal is to win the seventh Scudetto, writing an important page of history, and as always we’re aiming for the Champions League,” Marotta told shareholders today.

“We lost in Cardiff, but we have to acknowledge the great achievements of Real Madrid.

“Nothing happened in the dressing room, and there would be nothing wrong with admitting that there was a fistfight, but there wasn’t.

“The break had a calming effect, the second half wasn’t at the level of the first.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Inter the main rivals to Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/112423/‘inter-main-rivals-juventus’

Nov 6, 2017

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta sees Inter as their main Scudetto rivals - “they’re not spectacular, but they’re clinical”.

The Bianconeri moved above Luciano Spalletti’s side after beating Benevento yesterday, while the Beneamata drew with Torino.

Despite that though, the Juve director sees the Nerazzurri as a serious contender for the Serie A title.

“I think that, given they have no international and European commitments, Inter are the ones who can tailor their preparation the best,” Marotta pointed out on Domenica Sportiva.

“They’re a very solid team, they’re not spectacular but they’re clinical and getting good results. So I think Inter are the ones who are the most fearsome.

“Roma? In recent years Roma have always been the antagonist in our path. Despite changing their Coach it’s the same this year, they have a very competitive squad and a Coach [Eusebio Di Francesco] who is full of enthusiasm.

“He has modern but also very solid footballing ideas so I think they’re definitely a legitimate candidate for the Scudetto.

“At the moment we’re a point behind Napoli, but we have a point more than last year. I have to say that Napoli’s journey has been extraordinary so far.

“Yesterday’s draw calmed the league down a little, but they’re on an extraordinary journey while ours has been ordinary so far.

“At the same time we’re doing perfectly well when compared to last year, so we know that getting up there and staying there is very difficult.

“We apply our model, a particular model where suffering is important.”

Marotta was then asked about the summer transfer campaign, with the likes of Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa struggling for playing time so far.

“It’s no coincidence that Napoli are top of the league right now, and if you look at Napoli’s summer transfer campaign they only did a couple of deals because they confirmed most pf their players, who are great.

“It’s the same for Juventus, the same for Real Madrid and the same for Manchester City; the best teams don’t have to use the transfer market to revolutionise their teams.

“We’ve made transfers to prepare for our future, we’ve brought in young people like [Rodrigo] Bentancur, Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa, young guys who will have time to show their ability.

“We have a big squad with great quality, considering that last season we played 57 matches and that’s without considering the national teams.

“So it’s logical to set up a numerically strong squad.

“Will we return to the transfer market? No, absolutely not.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Bonucci wanted to go’

http://www.football-italia.net/112424/marotta-‘bonucci-wanted-go’

Nov 6, 2017

Beppe Marotta confirms Leonardo Bonucci pushed to leave Juventus for Milan - “any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player”.

The centre-back left the champions this summer to join the Rossoneri, but he’s struggled in the opening weeks of the season.

“Bonucci is a top player,” Marotta told Domenica Sportiva.

“It’s definitely been a difficult transition for him, but I think you have to evaluate his teammates too.

“Football is a team game, an individual can add value but I think the collective is the important thing. At Juventus we hope they can become competitive, then we’ll try to beat them.

“Why did we sell Bonucci? Because we know very well that choices are primarily made by the players, to they’re the architects of their own destiny.

“Bonucci made a decision, and Juventus don’t hold on to players who express the will to leave.

“That doesn’t mean relations are bad, Bonucci is a great player but he made this choice, probably to enhance his skills and find new stimuli.

“Any transfer is mainly due to the will of the player, so he decides. It’s clear that the club could have a more direct confrontation with him, but when that’s the will I think it’s best to let players go.

“Bonucci was our player and he did really well with us. It was probably his personal ambition which led to him to make this choice, and we have to respect that.

“Juventus go forward and Bonucci has the chance to have a different career.”

Marotta was also asked about the Champions League, with Juve reaching the final and losing in 2015 and 2017.

“We’re meeting our average in the Champions League, our group was made more complicated by the presence of Barcelona.

“We haven’t qualified yet, but if we do it depends solely on us.

“The Champions League final is a sweet thing, but you have to win it. We’re participating in the two competitions [Serie A and the Champions League] and the best would be to win both.

“If I had to choose… yes, the Champions League is something all Juventini are waiting for, and us too.

“I think the disappointment from Cardiff has passed, but at the time it cut us deeply. We arrived very fired-up, more optimistic compared to Berlin.

“Real Madrid are a very strong team though, the best in Europe, and those values came out.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Alves surprise, not Bonucci'

http://www.football-italia.net/112696/marotta-alves-surprise-not-bonucci

Nov 12, 2017

Juventus director Beppe Marotta insists Leonardo Bonucci “did not leave because of Max Allegri,” but Dani Alves was “a bolt from the blue.”

The CEO sat down with Il Giornale for a lengthy interview, in which he also touched upon the big names who left this summer.

“Dani Alves was the real surprise, that was a bolt from the blue. He made a choice that seemed to be for Manchester City, then PSG turned up.

“There was a moment where we clashed, because I wanted the professional to show respect towards Juventus.”

Bonucci’s move to Milan was a huge shock to everyone, but apparently not to Marotta.

“I want to point out that Bonucci did not leave because of Allegri. He was not the cause. We were already prepared, because in the discussions a club normally has with its players, Bonucci had expressed dissatisfaction.

“Allegri’s greatest quality is that he knows the club comes first and foremost. I consider the Coach to be part of the directorial staff, as he must be in line with the club’s outlook. A Coach who wouldn’t fit that mould would not find space at Juve. Allegri therefore fits perfectly with our business model.

“It’s a challenge to keep the team fresh and continue to revamp the side. Obviously, part of it is so we can keep a close eye on the financial requirements, but on the other hand we also want the maximum sporting results.

“We’ve only lacked the icing on the cake, but six consecutive Scudetti and two Champions League Finals in three years prove we’ve made the right decisions.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti