Socrates

John Elkann - Andrea Agnelli

130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

FIGC: ‘Never linked Juventus to mafia’

http://www.football-italia.net/100692/figc-‘never-linked-juventus-mafia’

Apr 5, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

FIGC prosecutor Giuseppe Pecoraro insists he “absolutely never linked” Juventus with the mafia, simply giving “an interpretation”.

The Bianconeri and President Andrea Agnelli were last month deferred to the Federation’s disciplinary commission for meeting ultras linked to the mafia.

Agnelli and the club have never denied giving tickets to ultras, but insist they couldn’t have known about any alleged mafia links.

“I don’t do the work of the ordinary prosecutor,” Pecoraro said in front of the Anti-Mafia Commission today.

“I take care of ticket control, then if there’s a permeability with the Juventus leadership it doesn’t concern me, it’s down to the Commission. I take care of the tickets.

“I’ve given my evidence to the Commission, it’s certain that tickets were also given to those linked to organised crime. That’s the data.

“The person who dominated the ticket scalping at Juventus Stadium was [Rocco] Dominello, the rest is down to the ordinary prosecutor.

“I’m here to supplement what I said on March 7 last year, and also in the hope of closing the controversy which came after that date, and to block an inappropriate media trial which isn’t good for the sporting judiciary or the ordinary one.

“The wiretap which we talked about last time has had many things said about it, what I gave was an interpretation.

“We gave an interpretation because with that phrase it seemed there was some confidence 'between Agnelli and Dominello' but it was probably the prosecutor who said that.

“The words were measured, I absolutely did not link President Agnelli to the ‘Ndrangheta [Calabrian mafia], if I did that I’d have usurped the role of the ordinary judiciary.

“I can’t exclude that Agnelli knew where Rocco Dominello came from.

“All I can say is I’m convinced by the data that there were a series of meetings between Agnelli and Dominello.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Massimiliano Allegri's side on par with
greatest Juventus team ever - owners

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3097480/massimiliano-allegris-

side-on-a-par-with-the-greatest-juventus-team-of-all-time-owners

Apr 6, 2017

The president of Juventus' owners Exor, John Elkann, has written to shareholders to tell them they are witnessing a "golden" era for the club.

Juve remain on course for a record sixth straight Serie A title this season, while they could also win a third consecutive league and cup Double after reaching the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday after progressing past Napoli.

Barcelona stand between them and a place in the semifinals of the Champions League with a Treble still a possibility, and Elkann says it is hard to find a better moment in the club's history than the current one.

"We have seen five incredible seasons at the Juventus Stadium -- our home, as [club president] Andrea Agnelli calls it," Elkann wrote. "Our club ended last year with revenue and profits growing, but above all with a magnificent result on the field.

"Our fifth Scudetto in a row puts us on a par with the greatest Juve side of all time, that of the golden years in the 1930s. We have a brilliant future ahead of us and this is exactly what Juve are building, year on year."

Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri has been the architect of almost half of that success, winning back-to-back league and cup Doubles after replacing Antonio Conte, who won the first three of the club's five consecutive league wins.

Allegri has been tipped to tread a similar path to Conte by moving to England, but the 49-year-old has given the biggest suggestion yet that he will snub the Premier League and remain as Juve's coach next season.

Allegri, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal, has repeatedly sidestepped questions about his future in the past, saying that he will discuss it when the time is right.

"My intentions are to continue with Juventus because I'm happy here," Allegri told RAI after the Napoli game. "I've not spoken with management yet as there are other priorities. This team has changed in two years and it still has a great deal of potential.

"Juve are a great club and you can't find many around who are better or even on a par, but right now I'm just thinking about working hard and trying to fill up the weeks in May -- and that means we've got to beat Barcelona [in the Champions League]. We want to raise the bar further."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Malagó: 'Wait for Juve evidence'

http://www.football-italia.net/100742/malago-wait-juve-evidence

Apr 6, 2017

CONI President Giovanni Malagò urged “everyone to not pass judgement until they read the actual evidence” regarding Juventus and the Anti-Mafia Commission.

The Bianconeri have been caught up in the investigation into Rocco Dominello, who has some associations with organised crime and was a representative of the ultras who bought tickets in bulk from the club.

Yesterday controversy erupted when it emerged that a leaked wiretap was paraphrased and an “interpretation” rather than a direct quote, leading to some confusion.

“With regards to the Anti-Mafia Commission I invite everyone to not pass judgement until they have read the actual evidence, because they risk being left with egg on their faces,” noted CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) President Malagò on the adnkronos news agency.

“With regards to (prosecutor Giovanni Pecoraro and the wiretap confusion) there is undoubtedly something that doesn’t add up.

“It is now indispensable that the prosecutor clarifies the situation, because we want to avoid misunderstandings. It would be important in the interests of everyone and of his justice system in particular.

“Maybe there have been some misplaced interpretations, I don’t know, but it is important that everything is made clear.”

FIGC director general Michele Uva also talked about the situation after he was criticised for calling the Anti-Mafia Commission’s investigation “a trial by media.”

“What I actually said was that we should avoid the risk of a trial by media, which is not the same thing as saying that is already happening,” Uva told Radio 24.

“I absolutely respect the sporting justice and civil system that are doing their jobs. If there were errors in the Federation, then we’d wash that dirty linen in private.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'No to Juve witch-hunt'

http://www.football-italia.net/100808/no-juve-witch-hunt

Apr 8, 2017

Raffaele Cantone, the chief of the Anti-Corruption bureau, warns against a “Juventus witch-hunt” and insists there’s organised crime in all fan groups.

The Bianconeri were hauled in front of the Anti-Mafia Commission after it emerged tickets were sold in bulk to ultras representative Rocco Dominello, who is under investigation for links to the ‘Ndrangheta (Calabrian Mafia).

“The issue of Juventus and the infiltration of ‘Ndrangheta elements is objectively worrying, because Juve have in some way always represented the jewel in the crown, the best example of our country,” Cantone told Radio Capitale.

“For example, the Juventus Stadium is the best practice example for all the other arenas in the country. Juve have always been backed by a family who historically represented the best of our country in a business sense.

“This whole scenario leaves with it a slight stain, because there have been infiltrations, but I don’t like this witch-hunt against Juventus.

“I don’t appreciate the idea that suddenly all the ills of this country are down to the Juventus curva. Nobody should be that surprised, because there are infiltrations from organised crime in many other Northern clubs, but also drug dealing and violence.

“I myself wrote a book on the infiltration of crime into the Napoli curva. The presence of criminality in the ultras movements is unfortunately a structural fact.”

Juventus have repeatedly noted that Dominello has a clean criminal record and is currently under investigation for links to the ‘Ndrangheta, but has not been convicted of anything yet.

Therefore they insist there was nothing wrong in communicating with him and other representatives of the ultras.

As for the sale of tickets in bulk to the ultras groups fuelling touting, that too is a familiar practice among most Serie A and B clubs.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: ‘Stadium too small’

http://www.football-italia.net/102767/agnelli-‘stadium-too-small’

May 18, 2017

Andrea Agnelli explains the capacity of Juventus Stadium led to ticket touting, and denies any mafia links.

The club has been deferred to the FIGC’s disciplinary commission for providing tickets to the club’s ultras, who had been infiltrated by organised crime.

Today the Bianconeri President gave evidence as a witness to the anti-mafia commission, and explained why the phenomenon arose.

“We were caught by surprise in having to manage a stadium which is too small and sold-out every Sunday,” Agnelli explained.

“Ticket touting should be opposed, even if I think that one person giving a ticket for the game to another can’t be criminalised.

“What’s different is getting tickets purely for profit, that has to be fought and digital technology is widening it, thanks to the use of so-called ‘bots’, software which allows you to conclude a large number of transactions in a matter of seconds.

“If I think of the [Champions League] final we will proudly play in Cardiff, I go online and I can find tickets going for €3,000-€5,000.

“These are absurd prices, but events like this generate huge interest, where supply is far lower than demand. That’s a source of pride for us, but also a problem.

“The complexity and the geographic dynamics of our fanbase have meant that, in wanting to organise the fans correctly, it created space for people looking to profit off sales.”

The alleged mafia member at the centre of the investigation is Rocco Dominello, and Agnelli was asked about his meetings with him.

“I’ve never met him alone. I remember three or four meetings, once at a dinner in Asti, once in my offices with all the fans, they came again for Christmas greetings and once at my offices in Lamse with Alessandro D’Angelo when I came to meet all the fans.

“No-one had any doubt before the Turin investigations that Rocco Dominello was anything but a simple ultra.

“In general at the start of the football season we’d meet with the organised supporters, but never under threats from the ultras, and we never thought of Dominello as an ‘operative’.

“If my staff and I had known what we know today, we’d never have had any contact with him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: ‘Serie A must recover’

http://www.football-italia.net/102816/agnelli-‘serie-must-recover’

May 19, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says “Italy must aim to return to the top of world football”.

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for five years in a row, and a win over Crotone on Sunday will secure a sixth.

Some have criticised the club for having a much higher revenue than the others in the League, but the patron shrugged that off.

“Today marks seven years of my Presidency,” Agnelli told members.

“I think criticising Juventus is reductive, first we have to look at ourselves, then the others.

“Remember the revenue Juve had in 2010 compared to the revenues of the teams now criticising us.

“As for the current Serie A, the scenario has changed a bit now because we have a great businessman like [James] Palotta at Roma, there’s Suning at Inter and [Yonghong] Li at Milan.

“Italy has to be competitive in every facet, it’s definitely a great result to have four teams in the Champions League for next season, then it’s the responsibility of the teams to do well in the League and the Champions League.

“Last year Bayern-Juve was the second most viewed match after the Champions League final.

“We need to shorten the gap to the teams above us: La Liga, the Bundesliga and the Premier League. Italy must aim to return to the top of world football.

“Juventus will continue trying to make our own path to try and help the League be competitive.”

If someone had said seven years ago that Juve would be within two games of the treble today, would Agnelli have believed it?

“On that day in 2010, the objective was to win, I was told how many times I used that in my inauguration speech.

“Winning in sport is great, because every year you start again from zero. What’s important for me is that on July 1, everyone who works at Juventus is convinced we can win everything.

“Juventus exists to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli hearing delayed

http://www.football-italia.net/103178/agnelli-hearing-delayed

May 26, 2017

The FIGC hearing into Juventus’ sale of tickets to alleged organised crime has been delayed until September.

The Federation has referred club President Andrea Agnelli to the disciplinary commission for breaking the rules on ticket sales.

It’s alleged the Bianconeri provided tickets to the club’s ultras on credit, and more than the four per person allowed under FIGC rules.

Those tickets then ended up in the hands of alleged ‘Nndrangheta members, or Calabrian mafiosi.

Agnelli has been interviewed by the anti-mafia commission as a witness, but the Federation is holding its own inquest.

Today was the first hearing, but the inquest has been delayed until September 15 at the request of the Agnelli’s lawyers, as well as those representing Francesco Calvo, Stefano Merulla, Alessandro Nicola D’Angelo and Juventus itself.

The Juve President does not deny that tickets were sold against FIGC rules, but vehemently opposes any suggestion he knew they were going to organised crime.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: Juve only just begun

http://www.football-italia.net/105310/agnelli-juve-only-just-begun

Jul 6, 2017

Andrea Agnelli insists his Juventus “have only just begun” and that the club “won’t backtrack” on bringing in more stars.

Juve have won six straight Scudetti since 2011, all of which came under Agnelli’s presidency, but a sense of pessimism has crept in after their 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League Final last month.

Nonetheless, the patron made it clear the Bianconeri would remain competitive, both on the pitch and in the transfer market.

“What’s been built in my first seven years is just the foundation for our future successes,” he told Tuttosport.

“My Juve have only just begun. The six Scudetti are a starting point.

“It’s not true that Serie A is just a little workout, but I hope that the Milan clubs can challenge us again.

“Will we sign more top players like Higuain?  We won’t backtrack now.

“Losing in the Champions League Final? I’m sorry for Cardiff, but a season can’t be judged on 20 minutes.

“Nothing happened during half-time. I was present. Besides, there’s a way to overcome an obsession with the Champions League: winning it!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: Juve only exist to win

http://www.football-italia.net/105986/agnelli-juve-only-exist-win

Jul 18, 2017

Andrea Agnelli says Juventus “only exist to win” but warns Italy risks losing prestige if its European performance does not improve.

Juve have won six Serie A titles in succession and reached two Champions League Finals in the last three seasons, whereas no other Italian club have managed to accomplish anything close to the Bianconeri in that time.

“Juve only exist to win,” the President said at the Chamber of Deputies in Rome.

“I don’t say it with arrogance but rather ambition. Our opponents also think the same way.

“These men make the difference: without Marotta, Nedved and Paratici, nothing would’ve been possible. The group makes the difference.

“Italy must be watchful of its UEFA ranking because we risk losing fourth position: in the 2019-2020 campaign, we risk being fifth in Europe.

“Football’s grown a lot, but the rules are still the same as those in the 1950s. The NFL is the example that football should follow.

“2010-11 was the worst financial year in Juve’s history, but we started again from there.

“Humility and dedication are the underlying principles of our history. Now we want to make it seven, eight Scudetti in a row.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli elected ECA President

http://www.football-italia.net/109417/agnelli-elected-eca-president

Sep 5, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has been elected as the new chairman of the European Club Association.

The ECA replaced the G-14 in 2008, and exists to directly represent football clubs and safeguard and promote their interests on European club football matters.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge served as chairman for the past nine years, but announced last month that he wouldn’t stand for reelection.

Lazio joined the body this year, joining Milan, Fiorentina, Inter, Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Udinese and Sampdoria as the Serie A clubs in the group.

Today the members of the group voted for the Executive Board, and the Bianconeri President has been elected as the new chairman.

He is the first Italian to hold the role as either G-14 or ECA chairman.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: ‘ECA chairmanship an honour’

http://www.football-italia.net/109426/agnelli-‘eca-chairmanship-honour’

Sep 5, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says “it’s a great honour and a huge responsibility” to be European Club Association chairman.

The Bianconeri patron was appointed earlier today, heading up the executive board which also includes former Juve goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, who is the CEO of Ajax.

“My predecessor, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, has set a great example and has set the bar of achievements at a very high level,” Agnelli said after being elected.

“I am looking forward, together with the Executive Board and the Administration, to build on his significant results as we manage ECA in the coming years.

“It is a huge honour and a great responsibility the European clubs have entrusted me with. I am looking forward to working closely with all stakeholders within the game in order to protect, promote and develop club football at all levels across Europe."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Nedved: ‘It’s too early to judge Juventus’

http://www.juvefc.com/nedved-early-judge-juventus/

Sep 13, 2017

Pavel Nedved believes it’s too early to judge the teams summer spending and that it will take time for the squad to find the right balance.

The Czech legend spoke with ceskatelevize.cz ahead of Juve’s 3-0 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League and urged caution before judging the summer additions to the team.

“I think it is too early to judge our mercato but our goal was to rejuvenate the squad” Nedved told the Czech  TV station.

“After our previous successful season, we know it will be very difficult to repeat the results. We are still in a phase of finding the right balance both defensively and offensively.

“Even though we have won the first three matches of the season, there was still plenty of things to be seen that we must improve on.

“Bonucci was the pillar of our team, he is an Italian who had amazing seasons with us. Of course, his wish was to leave and you can’t force a player, who wants to leave, to stay [at Juventus]. Naturally we came to an agreement pretty quickly and we know it is a big loss for us, but this is football and we are trying to get our team back together.

Patrik Schick had agreed a move to Juventus before the transfer fell through due to an undiagnosed medical condition and Nedved was asked about the players eventual switch to Roma.

“I think that there was a big opportunity for Schick to join us but of course the wish of the player and his agent was different and so was their final decision which I think is a shame but on the other hand I wish him all the best.

“His price was really too high, which in the end we couldn’t accept.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve ticket trial begins

https://www.football-italia.net/109915/juve-ticket-trial-begins

Sep 15, 2017

President Andrea Agnelli has arrived at the FIGC’s court to begin proceedings relating to Juventus’ alleged ticket sales to ultras.

According to Premium Sport, the trial at the National Federal Tribunal started at 13:30 BST (14:30 local time), with Agnelli spotted alongside his lawyers and other executives.

Furthermore, the prosecutor’s demands would be “fairly high”, given the case is being heard at first instance.

Agnelli is accused of helping sell tickets to Juve ultras, several of whom have links with organised crime and do not possess clean criminal records.

However, the Bianconeri have made it clear that they will not deem it necessary for the patron to step down if he is found guilty.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Prosecutor demands Agnelli punishment

http://www.football-italia.net/109923/prosecutor-demands-agnelli-punishment

Sep 15, 2017

The FIGC’s prosecutor has reportedly asked for Juventus President Andrea Agnelli to be banned for two-and-a-half years and fined €50,000.

According to Calcio e Finanza, Giuseppe Pecoraro also demanded two Juve matches to be played behind closed doors and the club pay a €300,000 fine.

Agnelli arrived at the FIGC’s National Federal Tribunal on Monday to defend himself from allegations that he helped to sell tickets to Juve ultras, a section of whom had links to organised crime.

The patron would have breached rules regarding fair play and relationship with fans in the FIGC’s code of conduct.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lawyer: ‘We’ll ask for Agnelli acquittal’

http://www.football-italia.net/109928/lawyer-‘we’ll-ask-agnelli-acquittal’

Sep 15, 2017

Andrea Agnelli’s lawyer confirms they’ll move for complete acquittal of the Juventus President in his FIGC trial.

The Bianconeri chief is accused of facilitating the sale of tickets to Ultras, some of whom allegedly had links to organised crime, on credit, with those tickets then being sold on for a profit.

The prosecutor has requested a two-and-a-half year ban for Agnelli, as well as a fine of €50,000 and for Juve to play two games behind closed doors.

“The FIGC’s prosector does his job, so he’s made the request,” Franco Coppi told reporters after today’s hearing.

“We’re not accustomed to making predictions, a month or a life sentence - it’ll be what it’ll be. The important thing is to counter the prosecutor’s arguments.

“Will we move for complete acquittal? Of course.

“Our defence? We can’t discuss that, the Collegio is closed in the consultation room and they have 10 days to decide. At this point we can’t do anything but wait for the sentence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Andrea Agnelli elected to UEFA committee

http://www.football-italia.net/110145/agnelli-elected-uefa-committee

Sep 20, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has officially been elected to the UEFA Executive Committee for a four-year term.

It was reported earlier today that the European Club Association President would be elected at the 13th Extraordinary Congress at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland.

“UEFA’s member associations ratified two representatives of the European Club Association (ECA) to sit on the UEFA Executive Committee as full members for a four-year term of office, Andrea Agnelli (Juventus FC/Italy) and Ivan Gazidis (Arsenal FC/England),” the European football governing body confirmed on its website.

“The Congress also elected Alexey Sorokin (Russia) by acclamation as a new European member of the FIFA Council for a term of office lasting until 2021.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve smash record figures

http://www.football-italia.net/110250/juve-smash-record-figures

Sep 22, 2017

Juventus have smashed their own financial records for 2016-17, turning over almost €200m more than the previous year.

Juve’s balance sheet for the 16-17 financial year saw them earn €562.7m in revenue, with €42.6m of that being pocketed as profit – a huge increase on their respective figures of €387.9m and €4.1m from 15-16.

“The 2016-17 financial year confirmed the improving trend seen in recent years; for the third consecutive year, the board ended with a balance-sheet profit,” read a summary on the Bianconeri’s official website.

“The board of directors has approved the draft budget for the year that ended on June 30, 2017, showing a profit of €42.6m, which will be allocated to [the club’s] reserves.

“The 17-18 financial year will be strongly influenced by [Juve’s] sporting results, particularly in the Champions League.

“The Ordinary Shareholders’ Meeting will be held on October 24, 2017 at the Allianz Stadium.”

Juve won another domestic double last season, but it was their run to the Champions League Final that proved to be the real money-spinner.

However, the Bianconeri’s statement added a loss was being forecasted for 17-18, meaning their capital gains will not be reinvested immediately.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved out of retirement

http://www.football-italia.net/110285/nedved-out-retirement

Sep 23, 2017

Pavel Nedved has come out of retirement at the age of 45 to sign for Czech amateur club FK Skalna, where his son currently plays.

The Juventus vice-President was announced via their Facebook page, complete with photographs of Nedved signing the paperwork.

However, Skalna concede they do not know when he’ll be able to make his debut, seeing as he is currently busy being on the board of directors of one of Europe’s biggest clubs.

It is a return home for Nedved, as it was his first club and the amateur side where his 18-year-old son, Pavel Junior, plays now.

Skalna announced they agreed an undisclosed fee with Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli to be sentenced today

http://www.football-italia.net/110388/agnelli-be-sentenced-today

Sep 25, 2017

Andrea Agnelli will be sentenced for his role in the sale of Juventus tickets to ultras on Monday.

The ruling will be heard at the FIGC’s court in Rome, with its prosecutor demanding a two-and-a-half-year ban and €50,000 fine for Agnelli.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, however, the President and his lawyers are ‘moderately optimistic’ and expect just a one-year suspension.

That would have no impact on his ability to lead Juve or his recent appointment as President of the European Club Association (ECA).

The prosecutor is also requesting a €300,000 fine for the Bianconeri, as well as two matches played behind closed doors and the Curva Sud sealed off.

Several members of the Curva in question are considered to have links with organised crime.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Agnelli banned for a year

http://www.football-italia.net/110402/official-agnelli-banned-year

Sep 25, 2017

Andrea Agnelli has been given a one-year ban for his role in selling tickets to ultras, while Juventus have been fined €300,000.

It comes after prosecutor Giuseppe Pecoraro had demanded the FIGC’s court to ban the patron for two-and-a-half years and fine him €50,000.

Pecoraro had also asked for Juve to play two matches behind closed doors, plus another game with the Curva Sud sealed off.

Several members of the Curva in question are considered to have links with organised crime, but those punishments were not handed out.

Nonetheless, the patron was also fined €20,000, as were executives Francesco Calvo and Stefano Merulla, who were similarly banned for a year, while Alessandro Nicola D’Angelo was suspended for an extra three months.

It now remains to be seen how much Agnelli’s suspension will penalise him, given he was also recently appointed President of the European Club Association (ECA).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve to appeal Agnelli ban

http://www.football-italia.net/110405/juve-appeal-agnelli-ban

Sep 25, 2017

Andrea Agnelli’s lawyer has confirmed that Juventus will appeal the FIGC’s decision to ban him for a year, but so will the prosecutor.

President Agnelli was given a one-year ban and fined €50,000 for his role in selling tickets to Juve ultras, while the Bianconeri’s general misconduct landed them a €300,000 penalty.

“We were hoping that the President would be cleared, so obviously the sentence disappoints us, even though the charges were revised,” Franco Coppi said after the ruling.

“We can’t hide our disappointment. Appeal? We’ll certainly present one, but for now I’ll talk to my colleague Chiappero and President Agnelli about the sentence.”

Prosecutor Giuseppe Pecoraro, however, warned: “I’m partly satisfied because we’ve been able to prove the guilt of everyone involved, but the findings were so serious that, in my opinion, they should’ve been punished more, so we’ll appeal.

“I think going to another court will be useful, bearing in mind they went to organised crime, and that’s very serious.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: ‘Faith in Agnelli’

http://www.football-italia.net/110882/elkann-‘faith-agnelli’

Oct 5, 2017

John Elkann assures there’s “no intention” to sell Juventus, and affirms his faith in President Andrea Agnelli.

The Bianconeri chief has been banned for a year for allowing tickets to be illegally sold to ultras, though that it under appeal.

Today Exor held its investor day in Turin, and the head of the company spoke about the situation with Juve.

“Juventus is the club with the greatest longevity in the hands of one family,” Elkann, grandson of Gianni Agnelli, said.

“We have no intention of changing that. The last few years, under the Presidency of Andrea Agnelli, have shown an ability to achieve great sporting results, while also taking into account financial results.

“It’s a virtuous path, which belongs legitimately to the family and to the city of Turin.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus make €42m profit

http://www.football-italia.net/111774/juventus-make-€42m-profit

Oct 24, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli confirms a €42.6m profit, and aims for a seventh Scudetto.

Today sees the shareholders’ meeting to approve the accounts for 2016-17, and the patron spoke ahead of the meeting.

“We reached the Champions League final, and the aim is to continue at the same levels,” Agnelli said.

“We’re now waiting for a new challenge, in terms of the outcome of the rights issues for our league. The current situations with the Italian broadcasters doesn’t fill us with confidence.

“Thinking about our league, we’ve seen an increase of more than 44 per cent, going from €12.8 billion to €18.5 billion in a few years, with a €5.7 billion increase.

“From 2010 to 2016, Juventus substantially increased our turnover.

“No-one has ever won six Scudetti in a row, so a thank you has to go to all of the men and women who work for Juventus.

“Then a thought to the six players who have won six Scudetti: [Gigi] Buffon, [Stephan] Lichtsteiner, [Giorgio] Chiellini, [Andrea] Barzagli, [Claudio] Marchisio and [Leonardo] Bonucci.

“Five of them continue to face the challenge. Next a thank you goes to [general manager] Beppe Marotta and to [vice-President] Pavel Nedved, as well as [sporting director] Fabio Paratici.

“A personal thank you also to [Coach] Massimiliano Allegri. The most beautiful success is always the next one.

“We’re aiming for a seventh Scudetto and to go further in Europe. There’s a new challenge with Juventus women too, with Rita Guarino guiding the squad.

“Turnover, excluding transfers, amounted to €411.5m, with a profit of €42.6m.

“We need to develop a medium term plan, which offers projections up to 2024. Our first area of competition is nationally, and our first objective is to win in Italy.

“That means the seventh Scudetto is the next big objective.

“Recently we’ve seen a few steps forward in our league, but we need to intervene with the stadiums, crumbling facilities which need to be modernised.

“Also the Federation, with regard to which I have a two point call: reduce the teams from 20 to 18, and go for second teams.

“The Primavera league is a good one, but not enough to produce a player who can play in the first teams.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus acquitted in Pogba case

http://www.football-italia.net/111779/juventus-acquitted-pogba-case

Oct 24, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says the Bianconeri were completely absolved by FIFA in the Paul Pogba case.

It was confirmed in June that world football’s governing body were investigating the transfer, over suspicions that a payment to agent Mino Raiola could have breached third party ownership rules.

“FIFA’s investigation ended with no implications for Juventus, completely absolved,” Agnelli told shareholders today.

Raiola received €27m from Juve for the transfer, and documents released by Football Leaks suggest he was also paid by Pogba and United.

That left the agent with a total commission of €49m from the deal, with the English club paying €105m to the Old Lady for Pogba.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: ‘Buffon? It’s up to him…’

http://www.football-italia.net/111788/agnelli-‘buffon-it’s-him…’

Oct 24, 2017

Andrea Agnelli won’t discuss Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon’s contract - “he’ll decide his future”.

The goalkeeper is planning to retire after the 2018 World Cup this summer, and his Bianconeri contract expires on June 30.

“He can come to my office whenever he wants,” Agnelli shrugged in today’s Press conference after the shareholders’ meeting.

“He’ll decide his future.”

Agnelli was then asked about foreign investment in Serie A, with both Inter and Milan now owned by Chinese conglomerates.

“I know those at Inter, Suning Group, and they’re serious and precise people. I don’t know them at Milan, it wouldn’t be fair to judge them.”

There has been talk of shortening the Serie A transfer window, with the Premier League having already decided to stop making transfers when the season starts.

“We’re going ahead, it’s something that was discussed as the end of August,” Agnelli said.

“We talked about it in Monte Carlo at the Europa League draw. It’s something we need to coordinate.

“The Premier League has reduced its window by bringing it to a close before the first game, and the goal is to harmonise it between the top five leagues: Italy, Spain, England, France and Germany.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti