Socrates

Leonardo Bonucci

130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: ‘No problems with Allegri’

http://www.football-italia.net/99712/bonucci-‘no-problems-allegri’

Mar 15, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci assures there’s no problem with Max Allegri - “forget it and move forward”.

The centre-back was seen shouting at the Bianconeri Coach during the Palermo game, with his indiscretion seeing him left in the stands for the Champions League game at Porto.

“I think these kind of things can happen during the season,” Bonucci shrugged, speaking to Sky.

“It helped the group, it served to cement the understanding between the squad, the Coach and the club even more.

“We must always maintain proper respect and our proper roles. I was wrong and I paid for it, the Coach was wrong and he paid for it. Forget it and move forward.

“It’s part of every relationship, whether that’s friendships, family, or work. I defy anyone to tell me that they haven’t had a fight with a friend, a wife, a colleague, a boss.

“It can happen, the important thing is to understand when you’re wrong.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Leonardo Bonucci: ‘It’d be exciting to face Barcelona’

http://www.juvefc.com/leonardo-bonucci-exciting-face-barcelona/

Mar 15, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci admits Barcelona ‘excite him’ and ‘it’d be a big motivation to meet them again’ in the Champions League.

Having secured their place in Friday’s draw for the last-8, Bonucci was asked about which teams he’d like to face in the quarter-finals.

“I think it’s fair to say this reaching the last eight is the intermediate objective for a team like Juve,” Bonucci told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’ve reached the top eight in Europe, and now it’s up to us to improve again. What excites me most is Barcelona, they pulled off a great comeback and it’d be a big motivation to meet the team which beat us in the final two years ago.

“After the PSG game they’re the team in the best form. If I had to pick a team to avoid I’d say Bayern. They’re a complete team, with  Ancelotti they’ve found a new way to play but they’re always winners.

“They’re a difficult team, anything can happen in a one-off game but across two it’s more complicated.”

Bonucci also touched on the arguement with Coach Max Allegri that saw him suspended for one game by the club.

“I think these kind of things can happen during the season.

“It helped the group, it served to cement the understanding between the squad, the Coach and the club even more.

“We must always maintain proper respect and our proper roles. I was wrong and I paid for it, the Coach was wrong and he paid for it. Forget it and move forward.

“It’s part of every relationship, whether that’s friendships, family, or work. I defy anyone to tell me that they haven’t had a fight with a friend, a wife, a colleague, a boss.

“It can happen, the important thing is to understand when you’re wrong.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci misses Italy training

http://www.football-italia.net/99988/bonucci-misses-italy-training

Mar 21, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci didn’t train with Italy this morning, as he’s suffering with an illness.

The Azzurri trained at Coverciano this morning, but the Juventus defender was conspicuous by his absence.

It was feared that the centre-back had suffered an injury, but reports emerging from the camp indicate that he was out with flu-like symptoms.

It’s not clear how severe Bonucci’s illness is, and whether or not it will see him miss Friday’s World Cup qualifier with Albania.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci sole Italy veteran in Holland

http://www.football-italia.net/100229/bonucci-sole-italy-veteran-holland

Mar 26, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci is one of the only veterans as Italy test a very young 3-5-2 formation against the Netherlands on Tuesday.

The friendly game kicks off at the Amsterdam Arena at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

Andrea Barzagli has already been sent home from international duty and it looks as if Giampiero Ventura will dramatically lower the average age of the line-up.

He also scraps the 4-2-4 used in a 2-0 World Cup qualifier against Albania on Friday evening.

Juventus centre-back Bonucci will lead the defence with his club teammate Daniele Rugani and Milan’s Alessio Romagnoli.

Atalanta striker Andrea Petagna was only called in after Manolo Gabbiadini pulled out through injury, but he was used upfront both in the morning and afternoon training sessions.

Matteo Darmian and impressive Torino wing-back Davide Zappacosta take the wide roles.

Above all, 18-year-old goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma looks set for his first senior Italy start after two substitute appearances.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'Italy are the perfect mix'

http://www.football-italia.net/100325/bonucci-italy-are-perfect-mix

Mar 28, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci sees “the perfect mix” of experience and youthful exuberance after Italy beat the Netherlands 2-1 in Amsterdam.

The defender scored the winner after an Alessio Romagnoli own goal and Eder strike in this friendly.

“Victory gives you confidence and self-belief. I am happy as this is a great young group with enthusiasm and also a lot of humility,” Bonucci told Rai Sport.

“We are on the right track, as we showed in the World Cup qualifiers. Now we need to increase our character and determination, making the most of the young players who are coming through.

“It’s a perfect mix, because the veterans can give good advice and the youngsters bring that fresh enthusiasm and passion.”

The Azzurri are joint top of the World Cup qualifying group with Spain and have a showdown on September 2.

“It’ll be difficult in Spain, but we are not beaten before we even get there.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Barcelona And Real Madrid Set To Battle For Juventus Star

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/04/barcelona-and

-real-madrid-set-to-battle-for-juventus-star/

Apr 8, 2017

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci is set to be at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Spanish clubs Barcelona and Real Madrid.

With Pepe due to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, Real Madrid are concerned at the lack of depth without the Portuguese international.

Nacho, Raphael Varane and Jesus Vallejo are deemed too inexperienced to provide ample support for Sergio Ramos, prompting the Champions League holders to seek a seasoned defender, and Bonucci fits the bill.

The Italian international is set to be Real Madrid’s primary defensive target, and Bonucci is open to a move in order to fulfil his ambitions, according to El Confidencial.

Positive feedback from Fabio Cannavaro, Sami Khedira and Gonzalo Higuain, who have all represented both Juventus and Real Madrid, has also played a role in Los Merengues’ decision to target the .

Meanwhile, Spanish champions Barcelona are also keeping a watchful eye on the former Bari centre-back, although their interest is less concrete.

Bonucci has made 305 appearances for Juventus since arriving in 2010, winning five Serie A titles with the Bianconeri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Guardiola hints at Bonucci bid?

http://www.football-italia.net/100860/guardiola-hints-bonucci-bid

Apr 9, 2017

Pep Guardiola hinted he could make another attempt at coaxing Leonardo Bonucci from Juventus to Manchester City.

The former Barcelona and Bayern Munich Coach has publicly praised Bonucci as the best central defender in the world, not only because of his skills in stopping opposition strikers, but also his passing and vision to start moves from the back.

“The defender has to be rougher and tough,” said Guardiola this weekend when discussing transfer strategy.

“You cannot compete with strikers like (Romelu) Lukaku, (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, (Douglas) Costa.

“You have to be like that. We are looking for not just that, there have to be qualities of a player, for us it’s so important.”

City splashed out £47.5m on John Stones and 29-year-old Bonucci would cost even more, as Juventus have no intention of selling.

The Italy international confessed he had been tempted by the chance to work with Guardiola, but ultimately had no reason to leave Turin.

Bonucci and his squad are preparing for Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final against Barcleona.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'I almost quit football'

http://www.football-italia.net/100904/bonucci-i-almost-quit-football

Apr 10, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci discussed his style, Juventus tactical changes from Antonio Conte to Max Allegri and wanting to quit when his son was ill.

The defender sat down with Spanish newspaper El Pais ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final with Barcelona. You can read the rest of the interview here.

Bonucci has increasingly become a key figure in starting moves from the back, especially after Andrea Pirlo left.

“Here people describe me as a midfielder who is ‘borrowed’ by the defence. I have always played that way and probably always will, although sometimes I think there can be too many horizontal passes.

“Having the ball and playing it means the possibility of defending with a higher line, although that can also mean risks.

“Over the years I have matured. At first I preferred to make a good pass and even loved pushing forward to score goals, but at Juve, where the defensive movements are very important, I’ve improved my skills.

“Now if I make a decisive tackle or interception to prevent a goal, it is a really satisfying moment. With Allegri we tend to alternate the short passes with more direct long balls, so I am happy to vary the different elements of my game.”

Conte played with the 3-5-2 system, but Allegri has transformed the Bianconeri into a 4-2-3-1.

“Of course there are differences. If you have the ball at your feet, it can become more dangerous, as if you get the pass wrong then it’s easier to recover with three at the back rather than four.

“Having said that, three years ago – although people might not remember it like that – we far more regularly had to deal with dangerous one-on-one situations and sometimes up to 50 metres of empty pitch behind the defence. Those were critical situations and we don’t see as many of them now.”

Bonucci took some time out earlier this season to spend time with his family, as his infant son Matteo was struggling with a serious illness.

“For three or four months, my head was just not in the right place. It’s the head that gets the legs moving. For around 15 days after the surgery, until I started to see him improving, I was just not interested in training or anything to do with football.

“I’ve always hated hospitals and tried to avoid them, but at that time I had to be there and I was really struggling to be calm. Matteo is much better now and our family feels more united than ever.

“This morning, he slept in our bed and he woke up with a smile. You realise those are the greatest victories.”

Although Bonucci took a few days off, he never revealed that he felt ready to walk away from the sport.

“Yes, I thought about quitting. Football was just not my priority at that moment. You see your son with so much to live for, he’s asking you so many questions and why this is happening to him… and I had no answers.

“Priorities change at those times. Now I tell myself that I am lucky. Everything I have done has been from the heart.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' Leonardo Bonucci: The Premier League 'fascinates' me

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3102620/juventus-leonardo-bonucci-the-premier-league-fascinates-me

Apr 13, 2017

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has hinted that he is open to a move to the Premier League by telling So Foot that the division "fascinates" him.

Bonucci, 29, has been linked with move to England this summer, with both Chelsea and Manchester City reportedly interested in the Italy international.

"It fascinates me," Bonucci said of the Premier League. "When I can, I watch English games, and not only for the quality of the players on display. I'm hot-headed, and I love the passion that exudes from their packed stands. It's for that kind of thing that I'm the first on the training pitch and the last to return to the changing room."

City were reportedly hoping to sign Bonucci last summer, with their manager Pep Guardiola having described the defender as "one of my favourite ever players" while in charge of Bayern Munich.

"When the best manager in the world says you're one of his favourite players, you act like it's nothing, but you still can't help but have a smile on your lips," Bonucci said. "This praise only confirms my important progress. It's always nice."

Leonardo Bunocci
Leonardo Bonucci has been linked with a move to the Premier League.

Bonucci and Juventus are on the verge of a place in the Champions League semifinals after defeating Barcelona 3-0 in the first leg of their quarterfinal tie on Tuesday.

Bonucci says it is a major ambition to win the competition, having finished as a runner-up in 2015, but he feels fortune must be on Juve's side if they are to be successful this season.

"To win, you have to have a little bit of luck, which we lacked last year a bit against Bayern," he said. "I don't know if Juventus will win the Champions League this year. All I know is that we have a great team and we want to show that on the pitch.

Asked what Juve are lacking as they seek to become European champions, he said: "A little bit of understanding between the players. This season, the squad has changed a lot, and we have to get to know each other more. I'm sure that with time we'll have great satisfaction."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Verratti: ‘Silva better than Bonucci’ .penso

http://www.football-italia.net/101239/verratti-‘silva-better-bonucci’

Apr 17, 2017

Marco Verratti ranks Paris Saint-Germain teammate Thiago Silva ahead of Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini - “they need each other, he’s strong with anyone”.

The midfielder plays with the Juventus pair at international level, but believes his club teammate is the best centre-back in world football.

“The captain! O Monstro! He’s impressive,” Verratti told Goal.

“He’s one of the two best in the world with Sergio Ramos. You could add Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo but they need each other, while Thiago Silva is strong with anyone.

“He’s a captain who talks a lot in the dressing room.

“Marquinhos takes advantage of having Thiago Silva beside him. He’s lucky to be developing with a player like that. Now he has to become one of the best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Man City over €60m for Bonucci

http://www.football-italia.net/101477/man-city-over-€60m-bonucci

Apr 22, 2017

English papers claim Manchester City are prepared to pay over £50m (around €60m) for Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci.

Their interest in the centre-back is no secret, especially after Pep Guardiola called Bonucci one of his favourite players in the world.

He turns 30 next month and is under contract with the Bianconeri until June 2021, having only recently signed an extension in December.

Nonetheless, Manchester City are not giving up and the Daily Telegraph reports they are ready to set a new world transfer record for a defender by offering over €60m.

“City want Bonucci,” a source told the newspaper. “Centre-half has been a problem position for the club and they know they need to get it right this summer.”

Juventus are in the Champions League semi-final against Monaco and the Coppa Italia Final with Lazio, while they sit eight points clear at the top of Serie A.

If the Bianconeri were to win the Treble, it’d be a good time for Bonucci to try another challenge in the Premier League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Manchester City 'quoted £50m for Leonardo Bonucci'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/transfer-talk/

news/man-city-quoted-gbp50m-for-bonucci_296620.html

Apr 23, 2017

Manchester City have reportedly been told that they will have to break the transfer record for a defender if they wish to bring JuventusLeonardo Bonucci to the Etihad Stadium this summer.

Man City splashed £47.5m to sign John Stones from Everton last summer, but the England international has struggled to impress under Pep Guardiola, while Argentine international Nicolas Otamendi has also had his problems since arriving in the Premier League.

According to The Telegraph, Bonucci is Guardiola's leading centre-back target, but Juventus have informed Man City that they will not consider bids under £50m for the experienced Italian international.

Bonucci, 29, joined Juventus from Bari in 2010 and has made more than 307 appearances during his time in Turin - winning five Series A titles in the process.

Chelsea and Manchester United are also believed to be closely monitoring proceedings.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci out if Juventus win treble?

http://www.football-italia.net/101691/bonucci-out-if-juventus-win-treble

Apr 26, 2017

Reports claim Juventus could sell Leonardo Bonucci if they win the treble this season, in order to revolutionise the squad.

The Bianconeri are eight points clear at the top of Serie A with just five games to go, making them odds-on favourites to win a sixth Scudetto in a row.

In addition, Massimiliano Allegri’s side have already qualified for the Coppa Italia final and have reached the Champions League semi-finals.

Juve are known for their forward planning, and CalcioNews24 is reporting that they are already considering a potential revolution if they win it all this year.

The Turin club believes Inter showed too much loyalty to their veterans after winning the treble in 2010, and wants to avoid making the same mistakes.

Therefore Leonardo Bonucci, previously considered unsellable, could be allowed to leave if Manchester City returned with an offer of around €60-70m.

The centre-back will turn 30 on May 1, and will likely be at the peak of his transfer value.

Other potential departures include Stephan Lichtsteiner, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic, in order to prevent the squad feeling satisfied with its achievements.

The money from various sales would then be used to revolutionise the squad with younger players.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: 'CL final not enough'

http://www.football-italia.net/102420/bonucci-cl-final-not-enough

May 11, 2017

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says merely reaching the Champions League final is not enough for his side.

The Old Lady booked their place at European club football's showpiece event on Tuesday night when they secured a 4-1 aggregate win over Monaco.

They will face defending champions Real Madrid in Cardiff, but the 30-year-old says it will count for little if Juve do not secure their third European crown.

"It is wonderful, but now we have to complete the dream," Bonucci said during an interview with Il Giornale.

"It's not enough just to get to Cardiff, we need to bring the trophy home."

The Italy international added that Juve are in a stronger position to win the Champions League than in 2015, when they were beaten finalists.

"Two years ago we were a surprise. Maybe we were the first ones to be surprised that we managed to get to Berlin. This year we have a different knowledge, desire and hunger. 

"Everything has been built up over the passing of the months. We have shown we are a great team on the pitch."

Bonucci was asked whether Juve's 2015 midfield options - Claudio Marchisio, Andrea Pirlo, Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal - were better than their current setup.

"It was a great lineup, but this one with Khedira, Marchisio and Pjanic isn't worse.

"We just need to go to Cardiff and play the best match in Juventus' history.

"We can't commit small errors that could cost us dearly. On Sunday we go to Rome to finish off the League and on Wednesday we need to win the Coppa Italia.

"Then, we will concentrate on Cardiff."

Bonucci also praised Bianconeri Coach Max Allegri's decision to change formation during the campaign, with a 4-2-3-1 system now preferred to the staple 3-5-2 that initially made Juve so successful. 

"The change in formation gave us the make-up of being a more European team. With the quality we have, we always manage to get at least one goal."

The centre-back had words of praise for teammate Dani Alves, who has been in fine form recently and scored during the win over Monaco.

"He is an alien, because only a great player and serious professional can change his style of play to adpat to ours as he has.

"He has given us experience and enthusiasm, he has taken a little time to understand Italian football and Juventus, but now he has reached unreal levels."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci ‘preferred Madrid over Atleti’

http://www.football-italia.net/102497/bonucci-preferred-madrid-over-atleti

May 12, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci admits he is “happy” that Juventus are facing Real Madrid over Atletico in the Champions League final as he eyes a “legendary” treble.

Madrid overcame Atleti in the last four to set up a showdown with Juve in Cardiff on June 3, and Bonucci explained Diego Simeone’s side “would’ve sat deeper defensively”, although the Bianconeri “will push ourselves to the maximum” regardless.

“The weeks that are coming can consolidate us on a world level,” the defender told JTV.

“That’s why we must always improve, be ready and get up to speed.

“We’ll push ourselves to the maximum. Our mind must be free from any kind of problem, we must maintain both our enthusiasm and desire to go all the way to bring everything home.

“We now want to confirm the Scudetto, focus on the Coppa Italia and then go to Cardiff to take home the Champions League.

“We’re strong and we have experience in every department. The Coach makes us play in a way that gives everyone a responsibility, from attack to midfield.

“Every one of us works not only for the team but also for the club, from the attackers who cover the midfielders that allow us defenders to have less and less risks.

“I feel happy and proud to be part of a back line that is so high in terms of level, and I include Gigi Buffon in that group.

“Over the years, our intent has grown, we’ve given the answers on the pitch, our synergy has improved and on the pitch, Giorgio, Andrea and I play from memory.

“We know how to read each other’s moves to help in the best of ways.

“It’s important to bring home trophies, no matter who scores the goals. First, we’ll look to win the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia. That would be something legendary, and then we’ll wait for Cardiff.

“Between Atletico and Real, I’m happy that we’ll be facing the latter: Atletico would’ve sat deeper defensively.

“Still, we obviously know that Real are made up of champions, so we must have the right heads to win the final. We’re going to have a great game, in a professional and positive way.

“Key moments in the CL? Above all, the match against Barcelona at home, which gave us the momentum in terms of awareness and self-esteem.

“Then there’s the return leg against Monaco, which was by no means simple: we had everything to lose, but instead we did well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Star Tops Real Madrid Wishlist

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/05/juventus-star-tops-real-madrid-wishlist/

May 16, 2017

Real Madrid President Florentino Perez is ready to make some high profile additions to his side this summer, with Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci the biggest name being considered.

The Bianconeri defender isn’t new to reports linking him with an exit from Turin, as Manchester City were in the mix to sign him last summer at the request of Pep Guardiola.

While a move never materialized, Diario Gol reports Madrid will test Juventus’ resolve at the end of the current campaign, as Perez wants to bring the Italian to Spain.

He could be joined by compatriot Marco Verratti, with the same report stating Los Blancos are considering launching a bid for the PSG man in order to ensure he doesn’t join rivals Barcelona.

Lastly, Paulo Dybala is being looked at for the attack, though Real’s primary target for that area of the pitch is Monaco’s Kylian Mbappe.

Real Madrid will square off against Juventus in the Champions League final in Cardiff on June 3.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci Jr meets hero Belotti

Belotti-Bonucci-Lorenzo-tw.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/103147/bonucci-jr-meets-hero-belotti

May 25, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci’s Torino-supporting son Lorenzo got to meet his hero, Andrea Belotti, after his reaction in the Juventus title party went viral.

Bonucci has two sons and is a symbol of the Bianconeri throughout the world, yet eldest boy Lorenzo has chosen to support their city rivals Torino.

The defender took him to a recent Granata game and the club sent him a special personalised jersey to wear.

Lorenzo joined the other family members who walked out on to the Juventus Stadium pitch with their fathers last Sunday for the Scudetto ceremony.

However, his face at being made to wear a Juventus kit was a picture that required no translation and quickly went viral.

This evening, Bonucci made up for it by taking Lorenzo out to dinner for a meeting with his hero, Torino striker Belotti.

“Tonight I really had fun, not like at the Scudetto party!” wrote Bonucci on Twitter and Instagram.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Real Madrid 'eye Leonardo Bonucci'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/real-madrid/transfer-talk/

news/real-madrid-eye-leonardo-bonucci_299007.html

May 26, 2017

Real Madrid are reportedly exploring the possibility of signing Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci this summer.

Bonucci, 30, who has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City over the last 12 months, will go head-to-head with Madrid in the final of the Champions League on June 3.

According to Don Balon, Los Blancos have identified the experienced Italian international as their leading transfer target for this summer, and will look to discuss a move following the European Cup final early next month.

Bonucci joined Juventus from Bari in the summer of 2010, and the centre-back has made more than 300 appearances for the Turin giants, winning six Serie A titles in the process.

Raphael Varane is currently Sergio Ramos's partner at the heart of the Real Madrid defence, but the Spanish champions are widely expected to lose experienced Portuguese Pepe on a free transfer next month.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chelsea ready €8m Bonucci salary

http://www.football-italia.net/103210/chelsea-ready-€8m-bonucci-salary

May 27, 2017

Chelsea haven’t given up on Leonardo Bonucci, offering the Juventus defender a salary worth €8m per year, according to Il Messaggero.

The Italy international’s passing skills have become just as important as his tackling, making him a prized asset for the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea.

According to Il Messaggero newspaper, Antonio Conte specifically asked for Bonucci in the summer transfer window, although the Bianconeri have already turned down proposals above €50m.

The offer on the table would be a contract worth €8m per year, but the report also states that Bonucci is determined to stay in Turin, where his family is settled and content.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci does it all

Juventus prepare for the last leg of their potentially historic Treble, so Adam Digby 

examines Leonardo Bonucci, a man who delivers at both ends of the pitch.

http://www.football-italia.net/103255/bonucci-does-it-all

May 28, 2017

As Italy prepared to face Belgium at Euro 2016, the pre-match build up was filled with the kind of cliched analysis fans of Serie A have come to know all too well. “Defensively sound as always” was  the general opinion of the Azzurri, while their opponents – laden with names Premier League watchers would instantly recognise – were touted as a potential winner of the tournament.

Then the first whistle blew. Despite the presence of Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, the Italian backline stood firm over the following 90+ minutes, Leonardo Bonucci doing an excellent job of marking Romelu Lukaku. The Everton striker could neither physically overpower, nor outpace the Juventus defender, who by full-time had registered one tackle, four interceptions and seven clearances, never giving Belgium any real sight of Gigi Buffon’s goal.

However, it was a moment that came after just half an hour of action that most caught the eye. Stepping towards the halfway line in possession of the ball, Bonucci surveyed the movement of his team-mates and their opponents before spotting a great run by Emanuele Giaccherini. As the Sunderland midfielder burst forward, a precise pass landed directly in his path, allowing him to finish with ease beyond goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.

Giaccherini-_Ita-_Bonucci490epa.jpg

Italy would go on to win 2-0 after Graziano Pellè netted a second, but that opening goal was replayed over and over. That the 40-yard ball was delivered by the same man who did so much to deny Belgium’s star-studded attack was not lost on a wider audience, and suddenly Bonucci was a name on everyone’s lips.

Pep Guardiola called him “one of my favourite ever players” and tried to tempt the 30-year-old to join him at Manchester City, while his comfort in possession was unquestionably behind rumours that Barcelona also wanted to sign him. Bonucci would eventually say that a desire to “become a Juventus legend” prompted him to turn down every advance, and there is no question that his performances for the Bianconeri are ensuring that is more than just a fanciful notion.

Just as he did in that Belgium clash, the Viterbo native has combined robust and diligent defending with a playmaking ability that puts many midfielders to shame. Time and again he strides forward, able to deliver well-timed and accurate passes to all corners of the field, a skill that has seen him become regarded as one of the best central defenders in the world.

Make no mistake, Bonucci belongs at the forefront of that conversation and it is a well-earned reputation, one that dispels the stereotypical view of Italian defending as being dour and pragmatic. Able to neutralise even the deadliest of strikers, he is more than capable of opening up opposition defences or even weighing in with important goals of his own, as he showed once again in the Coppa Italia Final against Lazio.

Calling him “just” a defender is far too reductive. Juventus and Italy alike are fortunate that they can call upon a play-making, man-marking linchpin like Leonardo Bonucci. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci open to Premier League?

http://www.football-italia.net/103748/bonucci-open-premier-league

Jun 6, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci and Juventus could listen to offers above €55m from Chelsea or Manchester City, claim Mediaset Premium.

The centre-back just turned 30 and had already been the subject of a bidding war last year, but opted to stay in Turin.

That situation could change after their second Champions League Final defeat in three years, losing 4-1 to Real Madrid in Cardiff.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are back in with a new £48m (€54m) proposal for Bonucci, as Antonio Conte wants a reunion.

Now Italian television station Mediaset Premium suggest the player and club are more inclined to listen than they were a year ago.

He joined Juve from Bari in the summer of 2010 and is one of only six players to have won all six consecutive Serie A titles.

Bonucci has said he’d like to play in the Premier League to experience the different atmosphere.

Manchester City are also strong contenders, as Pep Guardiola called him “one of my favourite players in the world” due to his ball-playing skills and ability to start moves from the back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chelsea: €55m and Matic for Bonucci?

http://www.football-italia.net/103788/chelsea-€55m-and-matic-bonucci

Jun 7, 2017

Chelsea are offering €55m plus Nemanja Matic in order to tempt Leonardo Bonucci away from Juventus, claim The Sun.

It was reported in Italy yesterday that the defender was more open to an exit from Turin than he has ever been before after losing the second Champions League Final in three years.

Now the Bianconeri are also ready to listen to massive offers for the centre-back who just turned 30.

According to The Sun newspaper in England, Chelsea are offering €55m (£48m) plus ownership of Serbian midfielder Matic.

This could swing it, as Coach Max Allegri is a big fan of Matic and Juve have been tracking him for some time.

He’s still only 28 and would bolster the midfield options, as the Old Lady prepare for another push for the Champions League trophy.

If news spreads that Bonucci is open to a Premier League move, then Manchester City may well enter the fray again, as Pep Guardiola called him one of his favourite ever players.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Chelsea to sign Leonardo Bonucci

in £48m deal plus Nemanja Matic

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/

news/chelsea-to-swap-matic-for-bonucci_299984.html

Jun 8, 2017

Chelsea have reportedly made a bid for Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci which could see Nemanja Matic go the other way.

The Italian made 45 appearances for the Bianconeri in all competitions this season, and played a big part in helping his side to a domestic double and the final of the Champions League.

According to The Sun, Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri has fallen out with Bonucci once again over match instructions, and wants the veteran centre-back out of the club.

As a result, it is believed that the Blues will rekindle their interest in the 30-year-old, with a £48m offer plus Matic thought to be on the cards.

Bonucci will supposedly be offered a four-year deal on wages of around £115,000 a week, enough to fend off interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bonucci: ‘Transfer talk just chatter’

http://www.football-italia.net/103887/bonucci-‘transfer-talk-just-chatter’

Jun 9, 2017

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says rumours he could join Chelsea or Manchester City are “just chatter”.

The centre-back is seen as one of the best ball-playing defenders in world football, and it has been reported that the Bianconeri could look to cash in on him this summer.

A reunion with Antonio Conte at Chelsea has been mooted, while City manager Pep Guardiola has described the Italian international as one of his “favourite players”.

However, speaking to La Stampa today, the centre-back dismissed the rumours and appeared to confirm he’ll stay in Turin.

“It’s just chatter,” Bonucci shrugged.

“All of you [journalists] have done everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Giorgio Chiellini: 'Leonardo Bonucci going nowhere'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/

news/chiellini-bonucci-going-nowhere_300232.html

Jun 11, 2017

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has insisted that rumoured Chelsea target Leonardo Bonucci will not leave the club this summer.

The Premier League champions have been linked with a £48m bid plus Nemanja Matic for the 30-year-old Italian international after he helped Juventus to another league and cup double, in addition to the Champions League final last season.

Antonio Conte was keen to reunite with Bonucci last summer and has reignited his interest again this time around, but Chiellini is confident that his defensive partnership will not be broken up.

"He will remain with us. Juve can not do without a player and a man like Leonardo. I'm sure that he will still be the cornerstone of Juve [next season]," he told Corriere dello Sport.

Bonucci has won six consecutive league titles since joining Juventus in 2010, three of which came under Conte.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti