Socrates

Andrea Barzagli

130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Pogba cheering for Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/101626/‘pogba-cheering-juventus’

Apr 25, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Andrea Barzagli reveals Paul Pogba is cheering for Juventus to win the treble this season.

The midfielder left the Bianconeri for a world-record fee of €105m in the summer, joining Europa League favourites Manchester United.

“Paul made a video call,” Barzagli revealed, as reported by La Stampa.

“We spoke to each other, he’s happy for our results and he said he’d have liked to be here. Pogba is cheering for us, whoever leaves this group keeps in touch.

“Our strength has been the group, both on and off the pitch. It’s not enough to talk, we’re the first to be together.”

Juve are eight points clear at the top of Serie A, are already in the Coppa Italia final and face Monaco in the Champions League semi-final, is the treble on?

“We’re arriving in the right way, mentally and physically we’re at the top, ready for this month where we’ll try to win everything.

“There’s great desire to get there, to win. For some this could even be the last chance…”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: Juve’s year of consecration

http://www.football-italia.net/102492/barzagli-juves-year-consecration

May 12, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Andrea Barzagli claims this is Juventus’ year of “consecration” as he adds to the calls for Gianluigi Buffon to win the Ballon d’Or.

Juve are one point away from a sixth-straight Scudetto and as many wins away from defending the Coppa Italia and lifting their first Champions League in 21 years, and Barzagli wants 2016-17 to be a season to remember for the Bianconeri.

“We hope to take some great satisfaction, working day by day,” the defender told Sky Sport Italia.

“This is our year of consecration: we start every season to win everything, it’s to the credit of this great club, who can form a group of solid players that have a winning mentality.

“Ballon d’Or for Buffon? He’d deserve it, even though Gigi wants to win everything with Juve first.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli sets sights on Treble

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/avjwu9.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

http://www.football-italia.net/102935/barzagli-sets-sights-treble

May 21, 2017

Andrea Barzagli won all six of the Serie A titles with Juventus and looks back over “an extraordinary journey,” but forward to the Champions League.

The defender has been there throughout the run, arriving from Wolfsburg in January 2011, before Antonio Conte took over.

“We have been on an extraordinary journey, which began in this very stadium. The more we go forward, the more we want to chase trophies,” the 36-year-old said on Sky Sport Italia.

“More than a turning point, the change to 4-2-3-1 was a way of giving everyone more responsibility. There were a few dark moments, but we know how to resolve them straight away thanks to a solid group, a club that is right behind us and a Coach who keeps a close eye on the situation.”

Juventus have won the Scudetto and Coppa Italia already, but now go into the Champions League Final with Real Madrid on June 3.

“The good thing about facing Real Madrid is that you can’t take anything for granted or risk underestimating the match. We will all give our absolute best.

“We are in good shape, both psychologically and physically. We’ve played nearly 60 games this season, but with an objective like that on the horizon, we don’t even feel fatigue. We hope to have a great performance.

“We’ll train hard, but with joy. That’s the benefit of having so many South Americans in the squad…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'We've grown since 2015'

http://www.football-italia.net/103118/barzagli-weve-grown-2015

May 25, 2017

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli insists that his side have gained experience since their Champions League final defeat in 2015.

"The differences between Berlin and the final with Real Madrid? The experience that the team has gathered over the past two years,” the defender told Sky Sport Italia.

"Recently we have always said amongst ourselves that Juventus should always pass through the rounds of the Champions League and aim for get to the end because sooner or later the opportunity to reach the final was coming.

"The opportunity has presented itself and we have to be ready right away.

"This year there is more awareness than for the final in Berlin, but it's one game and anything can happen.

"We are calmly waiting: We have resumed training after two days off to confront these next nine days.

"We have one more league match to play at our best.

"We should not get all shaken up, we know what we have to deal with and we'll try to do better."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: More optimism outside

http://www.football-italia.net/104025/barzagli-more-optimism-outside

Jun 12, 2017

Andrea Barzagli has confessed that there was more optimism for the Champions League Final outside the Juventus camp than in it.

Juve were thrashed 4-1 by Real Madrid in Cardiff on June 3, and Barzagli admitted the Bianconeri had not made enough progress towards becoming European champions since losing to Barcelona two years prior.

“Optimism was mostly from the outside,” the defender told Premium Sport.

“Within us, there was more confidence than two years ago, although the result was the same.

“We still lack that small step for playing such a game with the right serenity.

“Italy? Fortunately, [the internationals] came quickly: it was a tough time for everyone as we’d taken a heavy blow.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli to Bonucci: 'We know truth'

http://www.football-italia.net/105865/barzagli-bonucci-we-know-truth

Jul 16, 2017

Andrea Barzagli has broken his silence to say goodbye as Juventus teammate Leonardo Bonucci joins Milan. “We know the truth.”

So far, only Gianluigi Buffon has publicly saluted the defender, who left for their Serie A rivals after seven years in Turin.

“We had fantastic years together as teammates, full of victories and great achievements,” wrote Barzagli on Instagram.

“We improved each other, supported and found a rapport together with Gigi and Giorgio that I’d never experienced before.

“It seems strange not to see you in the locker room, that same locker room that some lately have depicted as split, with inventions and fantasies on rows and clashes.

“But we know the truth. Good luck for your new adventure, Leo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘Bonucci not crucial’

http://www.football-italia.net/108395/barzagli-‘bonucci-not-crucial’

Aug 19, 2017

Andrea Barzagli admits Leonardo Bonucci was “very important” for Juventus, but not like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.

Bonucci and Barzagli formed two-thirds of the famous ‘BBC’ defence alongside Giorgio Chiellini, but Bonucci joined Milan this summer for a €40m fee.

“The two players who left were important,” Barzagli admitted in an interview with Premium Sport, also referring to Dani Alves.

“Among other things Bonucci spent seven years at Juve and was very important.

“In a squad though there are 23 players and 11 go on the field, no-one has ever destabilised or made the difference, except [Diego] Maradona or maybe Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.

“One or two players can’t shift the balance, the new players and the veterans have to come back with the right mind to tackle the league again.”

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for the past six seasons in a row, but Barzagli expects more of a challenge this season.

“This season the bar has been raised again, there are teams that have strengthened a lot and teams that have stayed together and have an important mentality, like Napoli.

“Then there’s a team like ours who are facing a seventh season after six Scudetti in a row, and this will be the toughest season for so many of us, because winning is never easy.

“Winning is very difficult, and after six years it’s even harder. To do it you need to be motivated and focused.

“We know that and we’ve been told that. I think Juve always have the customary objectives.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Don't lose faith'

http://www.football-italia.net/109319/barzagli-dont-lose-faith

Sep 3, 2017

Andrea Barzagli urged Italy to focus on beating Israel on Tuesday, because “we mustn’t lose faith in our journey” after losing 3-0 in Spain.

The Azzurri are now heading towards a play-off to enter the 2018 World Cup, as only the group winners go through directly.

“It was difficult, we knew that, and the quality of all their individual players emerged,” the Juventus defender told TMW Radio.

“We needed the perfect performance to limit them, but they punished us at the first couple of chances. It’s a heavy result, but if we analyse the game overall, I don’t think we suffered that much. Mind you, when you lose 3-0, it’s difficult to find alibis.

“We mustn’t lose faith in our journey, as we still need to do what’s necessary to reach the World Cup. We played on a par with Spain the last few times, but we allowed them three or four extra openings and they punished us.

“We should’ve done better, both on the ball and off it. However, we continue to believe in what we’re doing and focus on reaching the play-offs. That second place isn’t mathematically locked down yet, so the next game with Israel is going to be fundamental. We must prepare and win.”

Christian Panucci’s Albania beat Liechtenstein 2-0 to close the gap from Italy to four points, while Israel lost 1-0 at home to Macedonia and remain in fourth.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli feels Italy 'tension'

http://www.football-italia.net/112690/barzagli-feels-italy-tension

Nov 12, 2017

Andrea Barzagli feels “tension, as there is so much at stake, but we are Italy and must get back on our feet” in the World Cup play-off against Sweden.

The first leg ended 1-0 in Solna with a Jakob Johansson shot deflected off Daniele De Rossi.

This means the Azzurri must win 2-0 at San Siro to avoid missing their first World Cup since 1958.

“These will be days of tension, as there is so much at stake,” Barzagli told Sky Sport Italia.

“We are trailing and consequently it all depends on us. The game can be overturned with determination and a packed San Siro pushing us on.”

The Juventus defender did not deny the defeat in Sweden was desperately disappointing.

“We are struggling right now. It was an ugly game, there were a lot of fouls and we were a bit unlucky too. But we are Italy and we must get back on our feet.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'Italy must be united'

http://www.football-italia.net/112729/barzagli-italy-must-be-united

Nov 12, 2017

Andrea Barzagli called for Italy and the fans to find “unity” ahead of the World Cup play-off against Sweden. “We all want to go to Russia.”

Having lost the first leg 1-0 in Solna on Friday evening, the decider is at San Siro tomorrow at 20.45 CET - 19.45 GMT.

“There wasn’t much time to talk, as we arrived at the Pinetina training ground at 3am last night,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport.

“In any case, we need action and not words now. We require a tough performance to overturn the result and everyone has the same objective. We know how important this match is and must remain concentrated with the utmost determination.”

Despite calls for a 4-3-3 formation, plus reports this morning that Giampiero Ventura was returning to 4-2-4 or even moving to 3-4-3, it seems as if the Azzurri will again play 3-5-2.

“It’s part of the game for people to discuss tactics and formations from the outside, but the only thing that counts is what the Coach decides, both for the players he picks and the shape.

“We must all be on the same page, all of Italy united, as at the end of the day we all want to go to the World Cup in Russia. Unity is essential right now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: 'End of an era'

http://www.football-italia.net/112776/barzagli-end-era

Nov 13, 2017

Andrea Barzagli marked “the biggest disappointment of my life,” as well as the “end of an era” for Gigi Buffon, Daniele De Rossi and Giorgio Chiellini.

The 0-0 draw with Sweden at San Siro means that Italy have failed to qualify for their first World Cup since 1958.

“In football terms, it’s the biggest disappointment of my life. The Italy side gives you unique sensations. It gives you goosebumps, creates friendships between all the Italy fans, they are finally united. It’s a real shame to end like this,” he told Rai Sport.

“I don’t know what we missed, all I know is we’re out of the World Cup, it’s a unique disappointment and leaving this group of lads is painful.

“Everyone has their own feelings, but it’s really hard to accept right now.

“At least at Euro 2016 we were crying because we came so close, but not even qualifying is a heavy blow for my whole career. With Gigi and Daniele we had the adventure in the 2006 World Cup, but also had many adventures with Giorgio.

“It’s immensely disappointing, I hope the younger players can take the situation in hand and do better than us. The era of four or five veterans comes to a close, the one of the hungry young players coming through begins and that’s how it should be.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: Germany the blueprint, Juve…

http://www.football-italia.net/113088/barzagli-germany-blueprint-juve…

Nov 20, 2017

Andrea Barzagli has urged Italy to emulate “Germany and Belgium for the next 10 years” and agrees Juventus “are lacking the will to suffer.”

Barzagli retired from international football last week after Italy’s failure to qualify for the World Cup, while Juve’s 3-2 defeat to Sampdoria over the weekend saw Giorgio Chiellini question his teammates’ desire.

“We need a project for the next 10 years,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’d be wrong to think that Italy can win the Euros in two years’ time and reprogram everything in such a short space of time.

“We need someone to enter the FIGC and implement a clear programme without any constraints, able to make decisions freely and work in the long term.

“You can’t do all that in a year. I’d welcome the entry of former players into the FIGC.

“It’s not about their name, but they must have the necessary skills. Experience away from the pitch is also important.

“We need to start again with young players and use the examples of Belgium and Germany.

“Juve’s match against Barcelona? It’ll be crucial and we must get our spirit of sacrifice back. Juventus must be aware that they still need to suffer.

“Winning six Scudetti doesn’t mean that everything is a given. Winning these games are important for peace of mind.

“I agree with Chiellini: we’re lacking the will to suffer. We all have to give more.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘Benatia replaced Bonucci’

http://www.football-italia.net/114330/barzagli-‘benatia-replaced-bonucci’

Dec 15, 2017

Andrea Barzagli believes Juventus have replaced Leonardo Bonucci with Medhi Benatia - “he’s a player of the same level”.

The Moroccan centre-back has played the last five matches in a row, and the Bianconeri have kept a clean sheet in each of those games.

“In my opinion, Medhi is a player who is finally showing the best of himself,” Barzagli told Sky.

“I also think he understands the importance he has in the team, he’s a key man this year because Leo was a key man and in my opinion he’s a player of the same level.

“Medhi is captain of his national team, he’s played for Bayern Munich and he’s showing who he really is. He’s crucial for us now.”

Pavel Nedved said Paulo Dybala has to “sacrifice” on and off the pitch to get back to his best, words echoed by Gianluigi Buffon, is there an issue with La Joya?

“I’ve seen him the same as always, his mood hasn’t changed; not now nor when he was scoring all those goals at the start of the season.

“It’s a bit of a difficult period, and I think he’s a lad who is very good at understanding and perceiving things.

“So he took Gigi and Pavel’s words positively and we can only hope they can be the trigger for him to get back to doing what he’s always done, but a little period of decline can happen.

“He’s had some good matches too, I thought at Napoli he played really well and sacrificed himself. He’s just missing a goal and we hope it’ll come soon.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘No Italy return’

http://www.football-italia.net/114332/barzagli-‘no-italy-return’

Dec 15, 2017

Andrea Barzagli rules out returning to the Italy fold, except for possibly a farewell match.

The 36-year-old announced his retirement after the failure to reach the World Cup, but he was asked by Sky if he’d refuse if the new CT asked him to return.

“Honestly I think I’ve done my time as a player for the Italian national team,” Barzagli replied.

“So it’s right to leave. The only way I could possibly be open to it is a farewell match, but honestly I’m not even the type for that kind of thing.

“I think it’s right to start with a younger national team now, and we have the time for them to grow.

“So let’s hope there’s a revolution, but done in a sensible way.”

Barzagli has come on as a substitute six times in Serie A this season, does Juve’s depth at the back give him more chance to rest?

“Clearly due to my age I can’t play every game. So it’s normal to be rested sometimes. It’s a psychological thing, for me at least.

“Then we have a lot of quality at the back, and there’s trust in everyone. You can see the results, everyone who plays is playing well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli: ‘Back to the real Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/114331/barzagli-‘back-real-juventus’

Dec 15, 2017

Andrea Barzagli says he and his teammates wanted to “get back to being the real Juventus”, and five clean sheets in a row have been “crucial” to that.

The Bianconeri started the season conceding an uncharacteristic number of goals, but they’ve tightened up in recent weeks.

Barzagli said before the Champions League game with Barcelona that Juve had to rediscover their spirit of sacrifice, and that match was the first of the run of clean sheets.

“Yes, but it wasn’t just my message obviously,” the veteran defender pointed out in his interview with Sky.

“A lot of it came from the Coach [Max Allegri], but the most important thing is that we’ve put in a lot of hard work and I think that’s what wins you games and titles.

“Not conceding goals over these five games has been crucial, but we could really see the work the strikers and the midfielders were putting in to support us, and then we defenders did our job and defended well.

“There was a lot of commitment and sacrifice from everyone though. You could see that against Inter, an important team with good players up-front.

“They couldn’t even cross successfully and didn’t have many chances. That tells you that we all worked well defensively. There was a desire to get back to being the real Juventus.

“I think this is a much more balanced league than in recent years, there are some really good teams but I think we also have a really strong team.

“It’s not up to me to say whether or not we’re stronger than the others.

“We got through in the Champions League though, we’re two points off the top of the league, so we’re having a good season like we’ve done in other years.

“It’s normal that we expect a lot from Juventus, so maybe for some people the fact we’re third is a negative signal.

“We’re doing great things though, it’s just that Inter and Napoli are doing even more and they’ve hardly dropped any points.”

Barzagli will be 37 in May, but it’s been reported this week he’ll sign a one-year contract extension…

“It’s something we’re discussing calmly with the club. I haven’t signed yet, we’ll see in the coming weeks and months, there’s no need to do it right away.

“We’ll talk very calmly, as we’ve always done.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli confirms contract talks

https://www.football-italia.net/115890/barzagli-confirms-contract-talks

Jan 20, 2018

Andrea Barzagli confirms he is ready to sign a new contract with Juventus to 2019. “We both intend to keep going forward together.”

The defender’s current deal is due to expire at the end of the season, but this new agreement would take him through to his 38th birthday.

“We spoke a few days ago with the club and the director, so I hope to sign a renewal soon,” Barzagli told Sky Sport Italia.

“I believe we both intend to keep going forward together. There’s nothing written down yet, but we are at an advanced stage.”

The centre-back first joined Juventus in January 2011 from Wolfsburg.

“I arrived during what was not a great period for Juventus, but stepping into the Vinovo training ground and seeing all the trophies made its mark.

“I really understood what Juventus represented, and I think this was the same for everyone, on the night the new stadium was inaugurated. From there, we started a new era for Juventus that is still going strong.”

While Barzagli continues to play, Juve teammate Gigi Buffon hasn’t yet decided if he’ll hang up his gloves in June.

“Gigi is the present, he is our captain and still a fundamental player for us, both on the pitch and in the locker room. In future, I think he’d do very well with a role in the Federation and his presence would be an advantage for the whole football movement.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Barzagli takes Napoli swipe

https://www.football-italia.net/118262/barzagli-takes-napoli-swipe

Mar 10, 2018

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has taken a swipe at Napoli, noting “teams are more remembered for what they win than how they play.”

Juve are still competing for Serie A, the Coppa Italia and Champions League with only two months of the season left, while Napoli risk ending the campaign without any silverware, despite their early momentum.

“We’ll never be able to play like Napoli and neither could they play like us,” he told Tuttosport after the Bianconeri turned around their Champions League last-16 tie with Tottenham Hotspur.

“They’re different to us, they play a different style and are different in terms of physique.

“However, what ultimately count are the history books. Teams are more remembered for what they win than how they play.

“If it was the other way round, everyone would want to play for Barcelona or Ajax, but we have our characteristics and as long as we keep winning, that’s fine.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli: ‘Talk on the pitch’

https://www.football-italia.net/125600/barzagli-‘talk-pitch’

Aug 1, 2018

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli says his side will ‘go for it’ in the Champions League but cannot yet say whether the Old Lady are better equipped to win it than in previous seasons.

The Bianconeri have signed Cristiano Ronaldo, a serial winner of the competition, as they bid to become European champions for a third time.

But speaking to Sky, veteran Barzagli warns that despite the hype over the former Real Madrid man’s €100m arrival, Juve need to prove they are better on the pitch.

“Little by little we are getting to know the new players,” the 37-year-old began.

“It will be a challenging season, like all the others. I hope we can achieve our targets.

“Clearly, it will need great sacrifice and desire.

“It will be on the pitch where this Juventus team will show whether it can be stronger than those of recent years.

“In the last two or three years, our awareness [in the Champions League] has increased.

“We will be going for it, as we have done in the last few years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Calf injury for Barzagli

https://www.football-italia.net/127923/calf-injury-barzagli

Sep 14, 2018

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli pulled up with a calf problem and is out of this weekend’s game with Sassuolo.

The 37-year-old interrupted training early today with an issue in his right calf muscle.

A statement from Juve medical staff confirmed it will be evaluated over the next few days, meaning he’ll miss the Sunday Serie A clash.

Barzagli also remains in doubt for next week’s Champions League tie with Valencia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli injury confirmed

https://www.football-italia.net/131594/barzagli-injury-confirmed

Dec 4, 2018

Juventus have confirmed Andrea Barzagli has a thigh injury but “further tests will be necessary” to determine how long he’ll be out for.

It was reported earlier today that the veteran defender faces up to two months out, and the Bianconeri have confirmed he’s suffered an injury.

“Andrea Barzagli, following a muscular problem suffered in yesterday’s training session, was subjected to tests that showed a lesion to the quadriceps femoris of the right thigh, which raises fears of a stop that won’t be short,” Juve’s statement confirmed.

“However, further tests will also be necessary to establish the most appropriate treatment.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli announces retirement

c1d17a7f8d774d289a28bc350d247bf8-63957-1

https://www.football-italia.net/136947/barzagli-announces-retirement

Apr 13, 2019

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli confirmed he will retire at the end of the season. “I have to decide what I want and what I’m capable of.”

The centre-back played 80 minutes in today’s 2-1 Serie A defeat to SPAL, but as he will turn 38 next month, has decided to call it a day.

“I thought about it long and hard, but this is the right moment to retire at the end of the season,” Barzagli told Sky Sport Italia.

“Considering my age and all the injuries I’ve had to deal with, I’m going to hang up my boots in June. I am starting the process of figuring out what to do afterwards, because I’ve dreamed of being a player since I was a little boy and now I have to consider what comes next.”

It has been suggested Barzagli could join Max Allegri’s Juventus staff, while he could be a director or even a television pundit.

“There are already so many on TV! I don’t know yet, I have to decide what I want and what I’m capable of. I remain attracted to the world of football, but I need to evaluate a few things.”

Barzagli has been at Juve since January 2011, having previously played for the likes of Ascoli, Chievo, Palermo and Wolfsburg.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli: 'Guardiola could come to Juve'

D8ZSaGFWwAARkMd.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/138991/barzagli-guardiola-could-come-juve

Jun 6, 2019

Andrea Barzagli warns Maurizio Sarri isn’t the Juventus Coach yet and it could be Pep Guardiola. “Nobody believed it when Cristiano Ronaldo arrived.”

After Max Allegri was dismissed, Chelsea boss Sarri became the hot favourite, but some still maintain Guardiola is trying to secure a release from Manchester City.

“People seem to take Sarri for granted, but a decision hasn’t been made yet and there are still a lot of names being mentioned,” Barzagli said during an awards ceremony in Catanzaro.

“The Bianconeri directors have barely put a foot wrong over the last few years and in my view, they’ve chosen the right man: if it’s someone with a new idea or much the same, that I don’t know.

“I don’t know what the situation is at Juve, but I hear talk of Guardiola and it’s nice to dream. After all, nobody believed it last year when Cristiano Ronaldo arrived, but dreams can come true. We’ll see when the club makes its announcement.

“Allegri worked under stress for five years and was criticised too much, but he did well and continued the winning streak started by Antonio Conte.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli: 'I don't miss football'

0931f834f6beb5857713b144b086771b-45733-1

https://www.football-italia.net/140992/barzagli-i-dont-miss-football

Jul 19, 2019

Andrea Barzagli confessed he was “pushed to the limit” physically in his final season, but hasn’t yet decided if he’ll become a Coach. “I don’t miss football.”

The 38-year-old hung up his boots after winning eight consecutive Serie A titles with Juventus.

“At this moment, I don’t miss football. I am calm and relaxed,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I was pushed to the limit and my body really was struggling. I might change my mind eventually, when nostalgia sets in, but right now I have to admit that I am happy like this.”

Barzagli started the coaching course at Coverciano today, although he is still unsure of his next career step.

“I’ve known so many Coaches in my life, each with their own working methods, ideas and personalities. I tried to take the best from all of them.

“As for myself, I still don’t know if I’ll become a Coach. As with all professions, you need passion and above all ability. Before making a decision, I want to be sure that I have both.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: Barzagli returns to Juve

Juventus, ufficiale il ritorno in società di Barzagli

https://www.football-italia.net/144568/official-barzagli-returns-juve

Jul 25, 2019

Juventus have announced the return of Andrea Barzagli as a technical collaborator to Coach Maurizio Sarri.

Barzagli only retired from professional football at the end of last season, which also marked the end of spell with Juve as a player.

However, the Bianconeri confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that the 38-year-old had re-joined the club to form part of Sarri’s backroom staff.

His official title is Technical Collaborator of the First Team and he will begin his duties as early as tomorrow.

Barzagli made 281 appearances for the Old Lady between 2011 and 2019, winning eight straight Scudetti and reaching two Champions League Finals.

The former defender was also part of the Italy squad who lifted the World Cup in 2006.

The pleasure is all ours!

Good to have you back, @andreabarzagli2pic.twitter.com/W9GDxNO37n

— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) September 25, 2019

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Barzagli leaves Juve: 'A lifestyle choice'

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: 1 persoon, staan

May 14, 2020

Andrea Barzagli confirmed he has decided to leave Maurizio Sarri’s staff and Juventus after just a few months. ‘I am making a lifestyle choice.’

The former defender retired at the end of last season and took some time off before deciding to return to the club as an assistant manager to Sarri in late September.

However, once training resumed this week, he realised that his heart simply was no longer in it.

“I have decided to make a lifestyle choice,” wrote the 39-year-old on Instagram. .....

Continue -> https://bit.ly/2T7e797

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti