Luciano-Moggi1.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Shepherd Rafael Benitez Has Lost

Control Of Inter Sheep - Luciano Moggi

Former Juventus transfer director takes a swipe at Inter...

Nov 15, 2010

Questions have been asked of Inter following their derby loss to Milan, but the answer is unlikely to be 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' as Luciano Moggi compares the team to a flock of sheep foraging uselessly under Rafael Benitez.

Inter, so used to grazing in fields of gold, have been reduced to a side scrapping through the rubble, according to Moggi - and it's all Benitez's handy work.

"Milan are now the favourites for the title," Moggi told Gold TV.

"Inter were an arrogant side under Jose Mourinho, but now they are under shepherd Benitez's guidance and they are out of control.

"They have lost physical strength. The game was conditioned by certain decisions and soon we will start hearing the Inter moans and groans."

Moggi included Juventus in his list of weekend memories.

"They played really well against Roma and deserved the draw against a technically superior side," he said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi & Marcello Lippi To Join Forces At Palermo

:|

Former Juventus and Italy coach Marcello Lippi could be reunited with Luciano Moggi at Palermo...

Nov 15, 2010

The winning combination of Marcello Lippi and Luciano Moggi could be reconnected at Palermo, according to Sportmediaset.it.

The two men worked together at Juventus and took the club to its zenith over the years. Now they could embark upon a new challenge in Sicily.

Palermo are searching for a new sporting director following the departure of Walter Sabatini and Moggi is a candidate for the future.

President Maurizio Zamparini is leaving - causing reason to change structure and direction.

His planned departure has become far removed from stability, leaving the club to take on a new foundation.

Moggi's ban from football ends in May, making him open to a return. He could take the role of sporting director at Palermo, and would bring in Lippi to forge a new vision.

Lippi left his taly post in the summer, and recently confirmed his intent to return to club management if the right offer arrived.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Hints At Juventus Return

Moggi feels Juventus are Scudetto challengers as he ponders return idea...

Dec 16, 2010

Luciano Moggi is ready to follow through on the idea of making a comeback with Juventus following his Calciopoli ban from football.

The five-year suspension will reach its conclusion and the end of the season, making him free to return.

But Moggi is not getting carried away just yet.

"Juventus return? This does not depend on me. Now I will try to sort my own things out, and then we will see..." he told Radio Power Station.

Juventus have laid down a marker for their title run, and they have a decent chance, claims the former director.

"Juventus are doing better than expected and so there is faith, partly because the big teams like Inter have not done as well," he added.

"Perhaps they need more quality, but Juventus have had some great results and they have showed great football.

"They are a strong team and they have set themselves up well under Andrea Agnelli."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Juventus Don't Have Enough Quality To Win The Scudetto - Luciano Moggi

Luciano Moggi feels Juventus need more if they are to challenge for top spot...

Dec 27, 2010

Scudetto talk around Turin has provoked opposition from Luciano Moggi, who feels Juventus cannot win the league this season.

The former transfer director believes those at Vinovo may have to redesign their ambitions as there is a lack of quality stopping them from making a serious bid for the title.

"Scudetto? No. Quality is missing. Players are missing - those who know how to change a game when you are losing," Moggi told Nuova Spazio Radio.

"The first three in the league will surely be Milan, Inter and Roma, and so for the fourth place I think Juventus will be better equipped to reach it compared to Lazio and Napoli.

"I think Juventus need men of great experience and class - these things are missing. But they have assembled a good to team capable of good results."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Juventus Just Needed Three Or Four Quality Players,

Not 14 Mediocre Ones - Luciano Moggi

Luciano Moggi has said Juventus are simply not good enough to challenge

for honours because they don't have the players...

Jan 14, 2011

Luciano Moggi has slammed Juventus for signing "mediocre players" for which they are now paying the price.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi picked out the flaws which have met Juventus this season. And he believes the reasons lie strictly with a quickly assembled transfer scheme.

"I am sorry to say, but the Juventus directors don't know what it means to be working for la Vecchia Signora," Moggi wrote.

"You have to dress like Juve to be Juve, not bring worn out clothes from Sampdoria, with all respect.

"There's no point buying 14 mediocre players when all you need is three or four quality players.

"Juventus are now going through what I had predicted in the summer. They are just playing for a place in the league."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: Italian Football Is In Decline Because

Top Teams Focus On Foreign Talent

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi believes Inter and Milan are not doing Calcio any favours by focusing on foreign players...

Jan 20, 2011

Luciano Moggi has offered a menacing view of Calcio, claiming it is heading on a downward slope because the top teams are stopping home-grown talent from coming through.

And he has picked out la Nazionale as a visible badge which reflects his beliefs.

"Italian football leaves a lot to be desired and the national team is the emblem of this theory because football is in decline and there are no youngsters at the levels of the situation," Moggi told Radio Crc.

"Napoli, Inter and Milan are excellent teams, but they don't have the players for the national team because the Milanese clubs have more foreigners, and even at Napoli the best players are not Italian."

Despite promulgating his concerns for the future of Calcio, Moggi believes Milan will win the Scudetto.

"I think Milan have an 80 per cent chance of winning the Scudetto, but Inter and Roma are also playing for it," he said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Juventus Will Struggle For A Champions League Place;

Milan For Scudetto - Luciano Moggi

Moggi sees dark skies ahead for Juventus and seems dubious on their Champions League credentials...

Jan 24, 2011

Luciano Moggi doubts Juventus can squeeze into the top four by the end of the season as he tips Milan for the title.

The Bianconeri's run has become tangled with inconsistent results, the latest being a 0-0 draw at Sampdoria. And Moggi thinks things will continue to go stale as he fails to see a fresh start from the Old Lady.

"It was a nasty game against Sampdoria. It was not a game of football and you can see both teams' struggles technically," Moggi told Gold TV.

"Juve can fight for fourth place, but it will not be easy."

Milan continue to raze the opposition as they maintain the pace at the top.

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic makes the difference. The team who has him will win the Scudetto," said Moggi.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Only Luciano Moggi Can Save Juventus

From Years Of Pain & Misery

A top four place this term is looking unlikely, next season may already be written off due to bad management,

Goal.com's Carlo Garganese believes that only Luciano Moggi - if he is able to return -

can prevent many more years of hurt for Bianconeri fans...

Feb 3, 2011

When Luciano Moggi was appointed as Juventus sporting director in 1994, the club had not won the Scudetto for eight long, painful years. Despite two UEFA Cup successes in 1990 and 1993, the Bianconeri were suffering one of the worst periods in their history. Not since the 1940s during the glory days of Valentino Mazzola

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Mid-Table Hopefuls Juventus Have Got It

All Wrong Again - Luciano Moggi

Moggi believes Juventus will struggle to finish in the top 10 as he criticises their transfer market...

Feb 4, 2011

Luciano Moggi is certain Juventus have run aground and their is no way out as that sinking feeling floods in.

The former transfer director set out his concerns and called for change after witnessing a passive approach towards objectives.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi stated: "I am sad to comment on Juventus' way of working and I don't agree with the choices made in the winter transfer market.

"The names brought in only reflect the level the Bianconeri are at already, they are a team at the good end of mid-table.

"They cannot invent themselves to be leaders, just like the players cannot pretend to be champions.

"People like Andrea Barzagli and Alessandro Matri are not mediocre players, but neither are they champions.

"I was also surprised with Luigi Del Neri's comments after the Palermo loss. He spoke about referee errors, but he was not able to explain his technical-tactical debacle as he raised a smoke screen."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Takes Calciopoli Swipe At Leonardo & De Laurentiis

Moggi on the Calciopoli charge, this time against Inter coach Leonardo and Aurelio De Laurentiis of Napoli...

Feb 7, 2011

Luciano Moggi has taken a Calciopoli snap-shot at Inter coach Leonardo and Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

His response comes after both men suggested Italian football had taken a clearer path following the 2006 Calciopoli scandal.

"Leonardo said Calcio is cleaner after Calciopoli? I must say the I used to like the Inter coach, but since he went to Inter he has quickly adapted... and he also forgets when Milan had directors asking for the opposition coaches to be sent off," Moggi told Gold TV.

And having gained a flavour for the past and present, Moggi offered Napoli a thought for the future.

"De Laurentiis wants a film to show the powers of Calciopoli? I say to the Napoli president: talk less," he said.

"Despite my own 35 years of experience, I have realised who these powers are within the system. And soon he [De Laurentiis] will also realise if he ever gets close to winning anything."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: Good Win For Juventus Over Inter

But Don't Forget Calciopoli

Moggi tells Juventus to fight for Calciopoli justice after beating Inter on Sunday...

Feb 14, 2011

Luciano Moggi has heaped praise on Juventus following their 1-0 win over Inter, but said they cannot forget about Calciopoli.

"The game in Turin was not a nice one. Juventus played well, but in terms of spectacle there was nothing," he told Gold TV.

"The game was decided by errors. Ivan Cordoba's mistake on Alessandro Matri's goal, and then Samuel Eto'o's miss.

"Then there were many do-gooders who said to turn the page and forget about Calciopoli.

"People like Massimo Moratti and Leonardo want silence over Calciopoli, and I understand why.

"I don't understand why Gianluigi Buffon is looking forward without having received justice. Maybe he has not been following developments in Naples."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: The Real Calciopoli Is Now

Looking At Milan & Inter

Moggi blasts Inter and Milan, and claims Calciopoli is still lurking in the shadows...

Feb 21, 2011

Luciano Moggi has accused referees of helping Milan and Inter, claiming the real Calciopoli is taking place this season.

His allegations come after Robinho's goal against Chievo on Sunday, which included a handball offence in the build-up that went unpunished.

"I had predicted back in 2006 how Italian football would turn out and I said 'Italian football will remain in the hands of the Milanese sides, who will share wins'," Moggi told Gold TV.

"Now the two Milan sides are also sharing favours from referees and this is shown from the last round of games in which both sides won their games with irregular goals.

"If my Juventus had won like that there would have been a scandal, but now the media in Italy are quiet about it.

"The 2006 judgements just showed the feeling from a public point of view, but what happened was total injustice not worthy of a country like Italy.

"I will fight until the end until justice is restored to me, and to all those whose life was ruined by the 2006 scandal."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Blames Inter For Italy's

Decline In Champions League

Italy lose a Champions League place, Moggi blames Inter...

Feb 25, 2011

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has pinned all of the blame on Inter after it was announced Italy would lose a Champions League place from the 2012-13 season.

Germany will take Italy's fourth place, meaning Serie A will only have three representatives in Europe's elite competition from 2012-13 - two in the group stages, and one in the preliminaries.

And Moggi has been quick to blame Inter for the decline of Italian football on the continent, despite the Nerazzurri winning the Champions League last year.

Serie A has been frozen by the news of a place being lost, but the questions are still burning.

Writing in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column, Moggi claimed: "In every case I have to look at the most burning issue from the rubble, and that is the Nerazzurri. Inter exemplify the degrading which is affecting our football movement, especially seeing that they were the club who scooped up everything last year. Inter's destiny has been signalled, and a refoundation is needed."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: If I were still Juventus director

I would appoint Roberto Mancini as coach

The ex-Juventus general manager says the current Manchester City boss

would be perfect for the Old Lady

Apr 19, 2011

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has admitted that he would take on current Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini if he still were at the club.

The Turin outfit have had another disappointing Serie A campaign, amid much fanfare after promising signs of a revolution last summer.

However, despite a fairly impressive start to the season, their form has deteriorated with bulk of the blame being put on the shoulders of coach Luigi Del Neri, whose position at the club is far from secure.

Subsequently, the disgraced transfer guru feels he has the solution to their problems.

"Mancini has done what many have done and has expressed his managerial concepts well," said Moggi to Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

"I do not have a great friendship with him, but we have spoke often. When you choose a coach, you go to watch their skill and Mancini would be fine. If they had an opportunity to take him to Juve? Yes, I would take him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: "Marotta should leave Juventus"

Former transfer guru of the Italian and European giants takes a dig at the club

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi given lifetime ban from football

by FIGC disciplinary commission

Italian FA hand Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Innocenzo Mazzini maximum punishment

as all three receive permanent suspensions from Calcio.

Jun 16, 2011

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has been handed a lifetime ban from Italian football.

Based on their own investigation into the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, the Italian FA's (FIGC) disciplinary commission has decided to expel Moggi alongside former Juve director Antonio Giraudo, and ex-FIGC vice-president Innocenzo Mazzini from all football-related activity.

The commission, presided by Sergio Artico, announced "the permanent expulsion from any rank or category from the FIGC.

"The seriousness of the facts in relation to Moggi's behaviour was ascertained, founded, and, in our opinion, the decision of the disciplinary commission is important and serves to highlight the facts against Moggi are of extreme severity."

It means the trio will not be able to hold any role within Italian football for life.

All three received five-year bans following the rulings in 2006, which included the proposal to suspend them for life for their part in the Calciopoli scandal.

The FIGC took those proposals into consideration two years ago and reached its decision following a six-hour hearing last week after federal prosecutor Stefano Palazzi asked for the maximum punishment.

The results of that hearing were announced on Wednesday evening.

But reports suggest Moggi will appeal. He is currently fighting the Calciopoli 2 trial in the Tribunal of Naples where prosecutors have asked for a five-year jail term for alleged criminal conspiracy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
899 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)

What do people abroad think about Italian justice? Do sport newspaper speak about our football and Moggi, or nothing?

Modificato da Borderline Keroro

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

What do people abroad think about Italian justice? Do sport newspaper speak about our football and Moggi, or nothing?

In Holland there's not much about Moggi on the newspapers and on line.

Generally they write something like this: if the italian sport justice is punishing Moggi, it means he has done something wrong. Nothing about what persons of other clubs have done too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

The evidence that shows Moggi is the victim of a witch-hunt

in yet another example of the farce that is Calciopoli.

The ex-Juventus general manager finally got what he deserved...so the uninformed say.

Goal.com unveils the shady truths behind the Calciopoli scandal that led to this decision.

Jun 17, 2011

By Carlo Garganese

On June 15, 2011 the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) announced that former Juventus directors Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo would be banned for life from any football-related roles in Italy. Within cyber seconds the hysterical frenzy of online websites, blogs, forums and fan pages registered huge increases of confused and ill-informed posts from followers who have yet to truly understand what really happened and what it means.

This is not a new decision based on a new proceeding, nor is it the confirmation of previous charges. To fully comprehend the current situation and dispel many of the misconceptions, it is necessary to take a step back and do a little Calciopoli review.

In the summer of 2006, after three weeks in a sporting tribunal, it was determined that Moggi and Giraudo would be suspended for five years with an option to extend the ban to life at any point within these five years.

The sentence itself was attached with an explanation that can still be downloaded from the FIGC website in their archive section. It stated perfectly clearly that no Article 6 violations (match-fixing/attempted match-fixing breaks the sixth article of the sporting code) were found within the intercepted calls and the season was fair and legitimate, but that the ex-Juventus directors nonetheless demonstrated they could potentially benefit from their exclusive relationship with referee designators Gianluigi Pairetto and Paolo Bergamo. There were, however, no requests for specific referees, no demands for favours and no conversations between Juventus directors and referees themselves.

It is important to stress at this point that so ignorant are many sections of the world media that 'Moggiopoli' is still referred to by so-called journalists as a "match-fixing scandal" when even the original sentence ruled that Moggi neither fixed nor attempted to fix games.

In the wake of this sentence, two other accusations surfaced against Moggi. It was alleged that the Siena-native controlled the GEA player agency (a consortium of football agents and managers) and could therefore dictate who played where, and that he also maintained a secret web of communication for him and his cohorts utilising foreign SIM cards.

Juventus

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: Let's see if Inter still sing about stealing

The past Turin-based club official is thrilled to have the last laugh

and did not waste the chance to taunt the 2006 Scudetto holders.

Jul 6, 2011

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has lashed out at Inter for the club's alleged involvement in the Calciopoli corruption scandal.

Moggi was considered the main figure of the news that rocked Italy in 2006, which saw the 2006 Serie A title stripped from Juventus and handed to Massimo Moratti's club, and he was banned from football for life as a result.

Inter president Moratti has been highly critical of those involved in the case, but fresh evidence suggests the 2010 Champions League winners may have committed sporting fraud themselves during the 2004-05 season, and now many believe that Inter should have the 2006 title taken away.

And Moggi seems to be reveling in Inter's misery, telling Tuttosport: "Let

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Aguero & Rossi are not the answer to Juventus' problems - Luciano Moggi

The club's ex-general director is not convinced that either forward can help the Turin side

back on their feet and also discussed Roma's potential new signing Erik Lamela.

Jul 10, 2011

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi, who was in charge of the Turin side from 1994 until 2006, has voiced his opinion that Atletico Madrid attacker Sergio Aguero and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi are not the big players that the Serie A club need to dominate the Italian league again.

Current general director Giuseppe Marotta recently revealed that the club are interested in Rossi, while they haven't given up hopes of signing Aguero either.

"In my opinion Aguero is not the big name or champion who can resolve the problems of a team. Mind you, neither is Giuseppe Rossi," stated Moggi to Radio Sportiva.

The former Juve supremo then went on to discuss Roma's transfer policy and made it clear that he has his doubts whether soon-to-be new signing Erik Lamela has what it takes to succeed in Serie A.

"Roma have several interesting players, like Lamela. He does what he wants with the ball at his feet, so would be excellent in a circus. How he does on a playing field in Serie A is another matter."

River Plate president Daniel Passarella revealed on Saturday that Lamela has already joined Roma, but the Stadio Olimpico club have yet to officially confirm the 19-year-old's transfer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

'Inter need a new Calciopoli to win again'

& Luciano Moggi's Top 10 eye-catching quotes

Goal.com looks at some of the most outrageous comments to have come

from the controversial former Juventus supremo.

Jul 12, 2011

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi was handed a lifetime ban from Italian football earlier this summer for his alleged involvement in the Calciopoli scandal.

This hasn't stopped the outspoken figure from giving his opinion on the transfer policy of his beloved Turin club; the 74-year-old is not afraid to speak out on events at rivals such as AC Milan, Inter and Roma, either.

Moggi again made the headlines at the weekend when he voiced his belief that Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi do not represent the answer to Juve's problems, before adding that new Roma signing Erik Lamela is more of a circus artist than a football player.

Goal.com list Moggi's top 10 quotes, ranging from criticism of the transfer policy of other clubs, to accusing Juventus' rivals of the downfall of Italian football.

10. MARADONA ALWAYS FELT SICK WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR TRAINING

Moggi's star player when he was in charge of Napoli was Diego Maradona, but he wasn

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Luciano Moggi believes only Inter & AC Milan will dominate

Serie A title race for next three years

Italian has tipped both the Milan-based giants to carry on fighting among themselves

for the league title as he excludes Napoli as possible contenders.

Jul 27, 2011

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi believes Serie A will continue to be dominated by Inter and current champions AC Milan.

The San Siro-based clubs have shared title matters since the Calciopoli scandal of 2006. Inter dominated for five years before city rivals Milan finally broke their grip on Scudetto affairs by winning it last season.

Napoli, Juventus and Roma have all strengthened for the new season as they aim for the big time, but Moggi feels they might as well ditch plans for glory.

"I think the two Milanese sides will play for the Scudetto for the next two or three years," Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss.

"I don't think Napoli are on the level to challenge those two clubs."

Asked whether a new striker could help Walter Mazzarri's men aim for the title, Moggi said: "I don't believe so."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

AC Milan are favourites for the Scudetto - Luciano Moggi

The former Italian transfer chief has tipped Massimiliano Allegri's outfit

to win the title and has advised Inter not to sign Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

Jul 29, 2011

Luciano Moggi believes AC Milan are a good bet to retain the Scudetto in the 2011-12 season.

The former Juventus transfer director does not believe Inter have enough strength to challenge Massimiliano Allegri's side.

Milan finished six points ahead of their city rivals last term, and Moggi feels it will be more of the same in the upcoming Serie A campaign.

"Milan's squad, though inferior, are favourites for the Scudetto next season," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

Inter have been linked with a move for wantaway Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, but Moggi has his doubts a deal with materialise.

"I am not sure about the rumours linking Tevez with Inter as even after many years, no-one understands what his role is," continued Moggi.

"I think it is best for Moratti to keep the players he has already."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti