Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Luciano Moggi

130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Sneijder is not good enough for Juventus, says Moggi

The Serie A champions are keen to lure the Dutchman to Turin in January but the club's
former director feels that it would be a poor decision on the part of Massimiliano Allegri.

Jan 9, 2015

Former Juventus sporting director Luciano Moggi has urged the reigning Italian champions not to sign Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder.

The Netherlands international's agent revealed earlier in January that both clubs are locked in talks over a January transfer but Moggi feels that the midfielder has not done enough in recent years to merit a starting berth at Juventus.

"Sneijder? I would not sign him if I were in charge," Moggi told Radio Crc. "The player has not shown much in recent years and would not strengthen the team.

"It would be all right if Juventus signed him to add something from the bench, but he is not at the level required to start there."

The 30-year-old has a contract with Galatasaray until June 2016 but the Turkish giants are believed to be ready to cash in on the Dutchman if a good offer comes in due to their dire financial situation.

Galatasaray have set a €20 million (£15.6m) asking price for Sneijder but Juventus have so far been adamant that they will only sign the attacking midfielder on their own conditions and have no intention of meeting the Istanbul side's pricetag.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Moggi Washed His Hands After Handshake
With Former Inter President

Feb 3, 2015

Former Juventus sporting director Luciano Moggi has said that he washed his hands following the handshake with former Inter president Massimo Moratti.

Moggi was on trial for accusations of libel against late Inter legend Giacinto Facchetti, and he took to Twitter to comment about his handshake with Moratti in court on Monday.

“I immediately washed my hands after shaking hands with him [Moratti],” Moggi wrote.

Moratti replied by stating that Moggi’s tweet has only worsened his views on the former Juventus sporting director.

The former Juventus sporting director has openly stated his views about Moratti following the 2006 Calciopoli scandal that saw Juventus demoted to Serie B and Moggi receiving a lifetime ban from football.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No Moggi Calciopoli absolution

Mar 23, 2015

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi was not acquitted from his implication in Calciopoli, but his sentence has been written off.

The final ruling in the Calciopoli scandal, which rocked the Italian football world in 2006 and had among other consequences the demotion of Juventus to Serie B, took place today.

The Court of Appeal turned down Moggi's case that he should be acquitted of his sentence for two years and four months over attempting to influence the choice of referees.

Nonetheless, the disgraced director will not see any jail-time as the sentence is ruled to have gone beyond the statute of limitations, an option that is contemplated by Italian law for certain crimes.

Moggi was acquitted of some individual charges for sporting fraud, but not from being the 'promoter' of the 'criminal conspiracy' that culminated in Calciopoli.

Fiorentina owners Andrea and Diego Della Valle and Lazio President Claudio Lotito saw appeals against sentences already ruled to have passed the statute of limitations rejected.

The public prosecutor has also called for former referees Paolo Bertini and Antonio Dattilo to be cleared.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

CALCIOPOLI VERDICT : LUCIANO MOGGI CLEARED

Mar 24, 2015

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has not been acquitted as his sentence has been written off as the long-running calciopoli trial comes to an end.

The final verdict was delivered late last night and as a result, Moggi has had his sentence written off as the statute of limitations had expired.

Deliberations continued for almost six hours and the final verdict announced by the Supreme Court cleared Moggi of two counts of sporting fraud.

The initial sentence of two years in prison for criminal conspiracy was written off however it’s important to note that Moggi was not acquitted, but rather that the statute of limitations had expired and as such, the sentence could not be enforced.

Antonio Giraudo, another former Juve director will also avoid a prison sentence due to the statute of limitations.

Paolo Bertini and Antonio Dattil, both former referees, were also acquitted by the Supreme Court however the appeal of Massimo De Santis was rejected; De Santis had previously accepted a 10-month suspended prison sentence.

The prosecution against the acquittals of referees Paolo Dondarini, Gianluca Rocchi and Tiziano Pieri as well as AIC President Tullio Lanese was rejected by the court.

The reasoning behind the dropping of some but not all the charges will be released by the court but this could take several weeks to be published.

“This has been an unpleasant thing, and it’s all ended up in nothing.” Moggi told reporters outside the court house

“In nine years it’s been established that the League was regular, the selection [of the referees] was regular and that there were no communications.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Moggi: I will return to football

The former Juventus chief will fight his lifetime ban from the game after being
cleared of two charges related to the Calciopoli scandal and seeing another dropped.

Mar 26, 2015

Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has vowed to fight his lifetime ban from football after Calciopoli charges against him were dropped.

Italy's highest court ruled on Monday that the statute of limitations had expired on the accusation of conspiracy made against Moggi and his former colleague Antonio Giraudo around the Calciopoli scandal of 2006.

It means they will avoid jail time and Moggi was also acquitted of two other charges of sporting fraud. In 2011, both men had their five-year suspensions from football extended to lifetime bans.

"My battle goes on," Moggi told Radio CRC. "I will go to the European Court of Human Rights to have my sporting suspension cancelled and I will return to football."

Moggi and Giraudo were accused of exerting influence over a number of Italian football officials who were involved in the selection of referees for Serie A matches.

Juventus were stripped of their 2005-06 Scudetto, relegated to Serie B and deducted nine points in the aftermath of the scandal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Moggi: Incapable idiots Inter
deserved to lose before Calciopoli

The former Juventus chief is determined to continue his fight
for compensation after his prison sentence was written off this week.

Mar 26, 2015

Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has branded Inter "incapable idiots" and says they have only themselves to blame for losing out on the Serie A title in 2006.

Inter were awarded the 2005-06 Scudetto after Juve were stripped of the title and relegated to Serie B following the Calciopoli scandal.

Moggi, who was in charge of the Bianconeri back then, was acquitted this week of two counts of sporting fraud and saw a third charge of conspiracy expire.

And the 77-year-old, who has been vocal in his condemnation of the Calciopoli investigation, has now taken a swipe at the Nerazzurri's transfer policy at the time.

"Inter didn't win because they were incapable idiots. I wasn't the one who bought Vampeta, Taribo West and Hakan Sukur," he told Radio 24 and La Repubblica.

"Ultimately, I was banned from football because I locked referee Gianluca Paparesta in the toilet in Reggio Calabria. Yet the prosecutor in the Cassation trial said I did not lock him in there.

"That's what the sporting justice system punished me for. I could have threatened him with libel but Paparesta never accused me.

"The truth is that Paparesta was afraid of what he had done, as he made us lose the game with Reggina with his mistake.

"They said we had an exclusive rapport with the refereeing designators, then even [former Inter president] Massimo Moratti admitted that wasn't true, as Inter spoke to them, too.

"They said my visits to the referee's dressing room were 'breaking in,' then admitted the rules meant I was allowed to go there. I did get angry, but that's another issue, and Paparesta never actually accused me of threatening him.

"The accusation of some vast conspiracy is laughable. Aside from Massimo De Santis, who was punished for a game that didn't involve Juventus, all the referees were cleared. So who was I fixing the league with? It's ridiculous.

"The truth is the statute of limitations lets the courts off the hook rather than me."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Luciano Moggi cleared of defaming
ex-Inter chief Facchetti

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/story/2523701/luciano-moggi-cleared-of-defaming-ex-inter-chief-facchetti?

Jul 15, 2015

Former Juventus executive Luciano Moggi has been cleared of defaming former Inter Milan president Giacinto Facchetti in a case related to the 2006 match-fixing scandal that shook Italian football.

A judge in Milan ruled on Wednesday that Moggi did not commit a crime.

Moggi was accused of defaming Facchetti on a TV show in 2010, alleging the Inter official fixed matches with referee requests.

Those were the same charges Moggi himself faced, as he was considered the mastermind of a plot to influence refereeing assignments. Moggi's 28-month jail term for criminal association was thrown out this year after the statute of limitations expired.

Facchetti died in 2006, and the trial was brought by his son Gianfelice.

A prosecutor requested Moggi be fined 10,000 euros ($11,000).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Moggi: Juventus Are A Weaker Team Than Last Season

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/moggi-juventus-are-a-weaker-team-than-last-season/?

Aug 10, 2015

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi still feels that his former club are weaker than they were during the 2014-15 season, despite their Supercoppa Italiana win over Lazio.

The Bianconeri have undergone some noticeable changes this summer with key players such as Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez all departing Turin, while Paolo Dybala, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic are among the list of Juve’s new recruits.

“Juventus deserved their victory,” Moggi told Libero.

“There were goals from Dybala and Mandzukic, but we were not given the feeling that the group is as strong as last season.

“Opponents were shaking at the idea of coming up against Tevez, but it may not be the same with Mandzukic.

“Pirlo gave the team creativity, and Pogba cannot replace that as he has to lead the team.

“The departure of Vidal weighs heavily.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Moggi: ‘Juventus lacking in midfield’

http://www.juvefc.com/moggi-juventus-lacking-midfield/?

Oct 27, 2016

Ex-Juve director Luciano Moggi believes the Bianconeri are ‘lacking in midfield’ but Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain can ‘fix any situation’.

The former Juventus director has always been vocal about the Bianconeri’s title chances as well as their prospects in the Champions League. You can get the odds on Juve’s chances in Europe by viewing these Offers related to bet365 which give some idea of how likely the Bianconeri are to lift the big-eared trophy.

“Juventus are missing some personality in midfield, they do not come up to the same level of the past,” Moggi told Bwin Sports.

“There is no longer a Pirlo, there are no players that give that little bit extra and encourage their teammates.

“There are no players anymore who can put the forward right in front of the goalkeeper with a single pass.

“This is lacking in the current Juventus, however it is something that can be changed and can take the team to the highest level.

“We really miss Marchisio at the moment. He can give a very positive input to this team, not with dramatic changes, but he can improve the method and style of play of his colleagues.”

“Then, when we assess everything, we can say that Juventus are one of the best teams in Europe. Maybe they have not yet reached the top, because there are teams like Barcelona which are technically superior, with champions who can decide a match at any time.”

Moggi went on to discuss the strike duo of Dybala and Higuain who have started to find a good understanding in recent games.

“But keep in mind that Juventus have players in Dybala and Higuain who can, despite not playing well, can fix any situation.

“As an example, Juventus were first in the standings after eight games and were five points clear. They have not played well, but have strikers who have always been able to capitalise on chances.

“I saw the game against Udinese, where Dybala scored with two set-pieces, a penalty and a masterful free-kick. There are those players who can bring something.

“The big teams have a player like Higuain who, while not playing well, and is able to score with one touch of the ball. Dybala is the same.

“So Juventus are definitely the best in Italy, while at the European level still has room for improvement. In my opinion they are not yet in a position to win the Champions League, but will certainly compete and go far.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Moggis can’t talk about morals!’

http://www.football-italia.net/99150/moggis-cant-talk-about-morals

Mar 3, 2017

Pescara boss Zdenek Zeman threatened to reopen his war of words with the Moggis pre-Sampdoria. “The Moggi family can’t give me lessons on morals!”

Zeman has been a long-time critic of former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi, whose son-agent Alessandro recently accused the Czech of being pretentious in his moral attitude to the Press.

“Alessandro Moggi? In my opinion, the Moggi family can’t give me lessons [on morals],” said the Coach at a Press conference ahead of his 1000th game in a managerial dugout.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Albanian club hires Moggi

http://www.football-italia.net/101753/albanian-club-hires-moggi

Apr 27, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Luciano Moggi has a lifetime ban from working in Italian football, but has now been appointed consultant to Albanian club Partizani Tirana.

The former Juventus director general was called the ringleader of the Calciopoli scandal in 2006 and permanently excluded from any official connection with the sport in Italy.

He has been working for newspapers as a pundit, but today received another unexpected role.

Albanian club Partizani Tirana hired Moggi as their new transfer consultant and he was presented to the media by the President ahead of the Tirana derby.

“I am very happy to be here with you all,” said Moggi. “Along with my collaborators, I have a fair amount of information on the teams and players.

“I know the climate of a derby, these are the games where you must give your heart and soul to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: Football is my drug

http://www.football-italia.net/101778/moggi-football-my-drug

Apr 28, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Luciano Moggi admits “football is my drug” after being unveiled as an unpaid advisor to Albanian club Partizani Tirana.

Moggi remains excluded from any connection with football in Italy, but Juventus’ former general manager has turfed up in Albania, whose national team are coached by fellow Italian Gianni De Biasi.

“My role? I’ll give a hand to the President regarding players, he’ll ask me for an opinion and I’ll give him one: that’s all,” he said at his presentation, reports Corriere della Sera.

“Among other things, it’s something that I’ve been doing for a few months now. I’ve been in Tirana for some time.

“Will I be paid? We’ll see, I don’t know if my friend [chairman] Gazment [Demi] will recognise something like this in the name of our friendship, but only [will I accept payment] if things go well and my advice is useful to him.

“I have no particular constraints, I haven’t signed anything specific: it’s just friendship.

“Football is my drug, I like to stay up-to-date and be informed, as everyone knows.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: Big problems with VAR

http://www.football-italia.net/113970/moggi-big-problems-var

Dec 8, 2017

Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi thinks he has spotted two big flaws in Serie A’s use of video assistant referees (VAR).

Reaction to VAR in Italian football this season has been mixed, and Moggi felt a lack of handball and offside powers, as well as the characteristics of certain referees, were holding back the technology.

“VAR, as it is, doesn’t convince me yet,” he told Il Libero.

“It should have more objective legislation and shouldn’t be limited to only determining whether a penalty should be awarded or not.

“It should perhaps even help determine when there’s a handball or an offside, which doesn’t happen at the moment.

“As it stands, the characteristics of the various referees are and will reign over decisions. If a referee is known not to award penalties, you’ll want VAR in place.

“Take Skriniar’s foul on Perotti in Roma-Inter for example: it was a penalty, the Giallorossi were already 1-0 up.

“Yet Orsato, who for me is the best Italian referee, doesn’t like giving penalties and, in fact, Irrati, who was watching the video back, didn’t correct the referee.

“It leaves us back to where we started. VAR was supposed to mark the end of controversies, but nothing has changed.

“Who will win the Derby d’Italia tomorrow? Juve, by two goals to nil.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: 'Inter lobbied referees'

https://www.football-italia.net/119194/moggi-inter-lobbied-referees

Mar 29, 2018

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi is celebrating after winning a legal battle, as it’s ruled ex-Inter President Giacinto Facchetti was “lobbying referees.”

The Calciopoli scandal of 2006 saw Juve demoted to Serie B, while Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Reggina and Arezzo were also penalised.

Juventus were stripped of two Serie A titles, but while the 2004-05 Scudetto went unassigned, the 2005-06 edition was handed to Inter – the next club down the standings without a penalty.

Moggi was sued by Gianfelice Facchetti, the son of deceased former Inter President Giacinto Facchetti, for defamation after claims the Nerazzurri chief had lobbied referees during the same period.

Disgraced official Moggi is today crowing in his column in Libero newspaper that he won his legal battle with Gianfelice Facchetti, as the judges agreed with the first degree ruling that Inter had been “lobbying referees.”

Moggi noted “no newspapers covered the news, and yet this sentence is worth as much as the Tribunal in Naples, where at the time of Calciopoli Inter were wilfully left out of the investigation because Major Auricchio explicitly stated to an assistant that he was not interested in Inter.”

The Nerazzurri and specifically Facchetti were also found to have lobbied referees in another FIGC investigation in 2011, but no further action could be taken because the statute of limitations had already expired.

Giacinto Facchetti died in September 2006 after a long illness.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: Why I like Inter…

https://www.football-italia.net/119204/moggi-why-i-inter

Mar 30, 2018

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has revealed why he ‘likes’ Inter. “They’ve never competed with us.”

Moggi’s remarks come less than a day after he won a legal case, which ruled ex-Inter President Giacinto Facchetti had ‘lobbied referees’ during the Calciopoli scandal.

“Calciopoli? It was a very important step for Italian football, but bad for those who suffered and did nothing, in this case us,” he told Tuttosport.

“Juve’s defence wasn’t good enough, also because the lawyer said: ‘Serie B is fine with a points deduction.’

“What is this? What the lawyer said, as well as that he’d read everything in seven days, didn’t correspond to the truth.

“Inter my biggest rivals? Rivals are a team who compete with you. Inter are unpleasant for me, but they’re 20 points behind Juventus.

“Therefore, I like Inter because they’ve never competed with us.” 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Moggi: 'Ancelotti like Maradona'

https://www.football-italia.net/122107/moggi-ancelotti-maradona

May 29, 2018

Luciano Moggi maintains Carlo Ancelotti coming to Napoli will have the same effect as when they brought in Diego Armando Maradona.

Moggi is most famous as the disgraced former director general of Juventus at the centre of the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, but before that worked at Scudetto-winning Napoli with Maradona from 1989 to 1991.

“Aurelio De Laurentiis bringing Ancelotti to Napoli is a real Maradona-style coup, ensuring the fans have immediately forgotten about Maurizio Sarri,” Moggi told RMC Sport.

“Ancelotti deserves all this attention, but he is a Coach who wants champions. The President will be forced to get his wallet out, but he still should be credited with this move.

“It’s fair to say results are expected of Ancelotti and he will want important players to achieve important results.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Moggi: 'Ronaldo already signed for Juve'

https://www.football-italia.net/124006/moggi-ronaldo-already-signed-juve

Jul 4, 2018

Former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi believes Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo “already signed and had his medical in Munich.”

The rumours of a €100m swoop for the Ballon d’Or winner just keep getting stronger and current Juve director Beppe Marotta did nothing to calm them with his response of “no comment.”

Yesterday Moggi doubted the stories, but today he seems to have changed his tune.

He spoke on 7Gold television about the subject, questioning whether it was necessary to spend that much on a 33-year-old player.

However, Moggi then took to Twitter this evening and wrote: “In my view, he has already signed and had the medical in Munich.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Home

Moggi ‘wouldn’t have signed Ronaldo’

https://www.football-italia.net/127262/moggi-wouldnt-have-signed-ronaldo

Aug 29, 2018

Luciano Moggi claims he was close to signing Cristiano Ronaldo for Juventus in 2003 but would not have spent €112m on ‘a 33-year-old player’.

Speaking to Corriere dello Sport on Wednesday, Moggi explained how Marcelo Salas’ reluctance to join Sporting CP stopped Ronaldo from arriving as a teenager and felt Juve should have sold Gonzalo Higuain for €50m before bringing in the No 7.

“Ronaldo was Fiat’s signing. Besides, I’d already bought Cristiano Ronaldo,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“He was 18 and played for Sporting CP at the time. I saw him and the next morning I signed the contract with him.

“The deal was 5bn lira plus Salas, to whom I’d have also given 1bn compensation. But then Salas preferred River Plate and Manchester United came in for Ronaldo.

“At the time there was a real crisis at Juve. We didn’t have a penny. In terms of marketing, it was an extraordinary transfer.

“However, I’d have never have signed a 33-year-old player for the figures involved and I certainly would never have paraded him before selling Higuain, someone who still guarantees you 20 League goals.

“I would’ve sold Higuain for €50m and only after that would I have announced Ronaldo.”

Luciano Moggi says Juventus bringing back Leonardo Bonucci was ‘a bad move’ and that Carlo Ancelotti ‘isn’t enough’ to turn Napoli into Serie A champions.

Moggi focused on Bonucci, Napoli and Ancelotti in the second part of his interview with Corriere dello Sport, as well as passing judgment on Roma and Inter.

“I wouldn’t have taken Bonucci back,” continued the 81-year-old.

“Giving Caldara to Milan in exchange was a bad move, but they had to do it so they’d avoid a heavy loss on Higuain.

“I don’t know Spalletti that well. He seems like a priest when he speaks, but Inter have built a great team.

“They signed a strong centre-back [De Vrij], someone who pulls the strings in the middle of the park in Nainggolan and a champion up top in Lautaro Martinez.

“Roma have sold certainties and bought hopes. The problem is that they make heroes in 10 minutes. Just look at Kluivert.

“Napoli are a top side, but I don’t see how they can win the Scudetto. Ancelotti’s a great Coach, there’s no question about that, as well as being a exceptional guy, but that’s not enough.

“At Juventus he didn’t have the right experience, although in any case he had two good seasons with us.

“There were two Scudetti taken from us. There was the first year with Collina and then the downpour in Perugia.

“The second one was when Roma were allowed to play Nakata against us in Turin, where he proved decisive. It was his break, the turning point of his life.

“Berlusconi called me and asked me for references. I spoke very well of him. He told me: ‘Call him and send him to me.’

“Carlo has only coached great clubs since Milan. I talked to the Juventus supporters and said: ‘Is Ancelotti a pig? In that case, there will be a pig in our dugout for the first time because Ancelotti will be Juventus’ Coach.

“Then, of course, the thing about him being a pig came back after our early defeats.”

Luciano Moggi asserts ‘no-one has ever helped Juventus win’ as he praises Andrea Agnelli and reveals Max Allegri ‘listens to me’.

Juve were relegated to Serie B for their involvement in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, which also saw them stripped of two Scudetti and Moggi given a lifetime ban from all footballing activities.

“I still have many friends in the football world, I’m close to my Juve,” remarked the Bianconeri’s former general manager to Corriere dello Sport.

“I often hear from President Andrea Agnelli, he’s a smart lad. He’s been with us for 12 years and he’s learned everything there is.

“He knows we’ve won 36 Scudetti, all of them conquered on the field. No-one has ever helped Juve win.

“The euphoria at Juventus is as dangerous as any excess. I advised Allegri to calm things down. He listens to me.

Marotta? He’s a good administrator, but he also a crucial technical complement in Paratici.”

Former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi claims the club was unfairly punished in the Calciopoli scandal.

The Bianconeri were sent down to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetti after wiretaps revealed the director lobbying for certain referees in specific games.

He was also found to have used his influence in the media to ensure referees who gave perceived bad decisions against the Old Lady would be hounded.

Antonio Giraudo told me: ‘you can drive us away, but you’ll see the bandits and incapables who will come after us’,” Moggi told Corriere dello Sport.

“He was right. These people couldn’t even appoint Presidents of the FIGC and the Lega.

“Then there are prosecutors who lay down the law, Presidents who want to be sporting directors. In the lower leagues there are clubs who sign young people and then get payed by their parents…

“They can hand down all the sentences they want, but I’m someone who always worked hard and wherever I went I always created healthy budgets, buying little and selling a lot.

“My only ambition, even now, is to make people say: ‘bravo!’.

“Really, I had to defend myself. I had two eyes in my front and two eyes in the back of my head. [Franco] Carraro and [Adriano] Galliani, the FIGC and Lega Presidents were working in the interests of Milan.

“Then [Giacinto] Facchetti was lobbying the referees in favour of Inter. I spoke with the referee designators, that’s true, but it was allowed then, and no-one can say I ever asked to win a match.

“I only asked for referees, is that illicit? The real problem is that there was a reckoning inside Juventus to get us out.

“The Agnelli family has always been a bit Wild West, and they were afraid that Giraudo would end up with too much power.

“Giraudo was a great accountant. [Roberto] Bettega was a great person, but he had to be commanded. He was a solider.

Galliani and Carraro were the real black souls, there’s no doubt about that.

“You only have to listen to the wiretaps to deduce that Carraro controlled [referee designator Paolo] Bergamo.

“Pope Wojtyla died on a Saturday night when we were in our pre-match retreat in Florence. We should have postponed until Monday, but the game was delayed by a week.

Galliani - the President of the Lega - was intercepted calling Costacurta and saying: ‘we’ve moved it back a week so we can have the injured Kaka back’.

“The year 2004. Two hours after the draw, Carraro called Bergamo: ‘who is the referee for Inter-Juventus?’. The answer: ‘[Pasquale] Rodomonti’.

“Two hours before the match, Bergamo called Rodomonti: ‘how are you organising? Be careful, it’s very hard to go up, but it takes nothing to fall off the precipice…’

“They did all kinds of things to us. That day with the storm in Perugia [in 2000] they took the Scudetto away from us.

“[Pierluigi] Collina, sponsored by Milan, decided to suspend the game for 74 minutes. If I was as arrogant as they say I’d have taken the team and left, but there’d have been consequences later.

“There are things people don’t know. There was the time when, after a Milan-Juventus game that Milan lost at home, Bergamo called Galliani and said: ‘direttore, we cried in my house’.

“Bergamo’s wife, Alessandra, is a Milanista. ‘I never thought that Juve would beat Milan with Collina’.”

A wiretap was presented in the Calciopoli trials where Moggi said he’d locked Gianluca Paparesta in his dressing room after being unhappy with his refereeing.

“A nonsense. I’d have messed him up that day, he cost us a match, but why would I I lock him in the dressing room and throw away the key? What would be the advantage?

“It was just a joke, and for that joke they expelled me.

“As for the Swiss SIM cards, I got those to protect my work. [Dejan] Stankovic and I got them for Juve, then Inter blew it up with Telecom wiretaps. They were given to referees for other reasons.

“The investigators said they were mute, that they couldn’t be intercepted, but it wasn’t like that. It was just so the referees could talk with their lovers and whores.”

Referee Massimo De Santis was the only one to be banned as part of the scandal.

“He was linked to us for no reason,” Moggi insisted.

“Fiorentina were fighting not to go down, Milan were a point behind us. On the Tuesday, [Leonardo] Meani - a Milan director [responsible for referee relations] - called De Santis: ‘watch out because Kaka and [Manuel] Rui Costa are on a booking, don’t have them be suspended for the Juventus match’.

“If he’d been one of our associates he’d have called the inquest office and Milan would have ended up in Serie B.

“If you remember that match, De Santis denied Fiorentina a penalty and allowed Milan to take the lead. We kept quiet.

“The next morning De Santis calls Meani: ‘you saw, only I can stop them talking’. Meani: ‘you’re a friend, I’ve already told Galliani’.

“Before Calciopoli, [President Massimo] Moratti had signed me for Inter. My time was done at Juve, I’d signed the contract.

“Moratti told me to sell [Francesco] Moriero and I managed to sell him to Middlesbrough, but I left the credit to [Sandro] Mazzola. The day after I found out that they’d renewed Moriero’s contract.

Mark Iuliano’s tackle on Ronaldo? It was probably a penalty, but that Inter shouldn’t even have been in Serie A. They should have been relegated due to the [Alvaro] Recoba passport scandal.

“Regrets? I regret that I didn’t take anyone with me. If I think that someone like Meani got passed off as some office clerk… everyone should be ashamed.

Juve will always be hated, but there won’t be a second Calciopoli. There’s no longer Telecom, Tronchetti Provera and [Luca] Montezemolo.

“There’s no longer [former FIFA President Sepp] Blatter, who thanked Montezemolo publicly for withdrawing the appeal to CAS against the sentence that sent Juve down.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Moggi explains why Del Piero is not fit for a role at Juventus

Del Piero

Juventus fans have been vocal in their desire for Alessandro Del Piero to return to the club and be added to the leadership group. The previous board of directors included Pavel Nedved, a beloved former player during his time with the Bianconeri. ...........

However, it appears that Del Piero has been overlooked repeatedly, and former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has offered an explanation as to why he might not be considered suitable for the position.

“Based on the experience of the past with Del Piero, I say that managerial roles are best carried out by professionals. Managing a sports club is now like managing a large company, where there are financial statements, books are brought to court, etc.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/moggi-explains-why-del-piero-is-not-fit-for-a-role-at-juventus/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Luciano Moggi explains why Juventus is hated in Italy

Moggi apparve in sogno a una vecchietta, lei non sapeva chi fosse: la  incontrò e rimase senza parole

From 2006 onwards, Juventus have been dealt with several legal issues that rocked the club to its foundations. ..............

For his part, former Juventus sporting Luciano Moggi was the poster boy of the Calciopoli scandal. ..............

The 86-year-old has been banned from the sport ever since and has dedicated his years to defending his name along with the club, trying to restore the two revoked Scudetto titles, but his attempts have been in vain thus far. ..............

“In Italy, we’re inclined to kill those who elevate themselves above others,” said the banned director. 

“As regards the company, it is structured in such a professional manner that it’s almost unparalleled in football. ..............

“The fact of having won a lot and being better structured than the others has invoked hatred.”

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/luciano-moggi-explains-why-juventus-is-hated-in-italy/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Luciano Moggi praises Allegri and his young Juventus team

Luciano Moggi - IMDb

Luciano Moggi has expressed admiration for Juventus’ performance this season, commending Max Allegri for doing an excellent job despite the team’s limitations. Despite not making significant moves in the transfer market at the start of the season, Juventus has emerged as one of the favorites to win Serie A and the Italian Cup.

Although Inter Milan has been considered a more equipped team and has maintained its position at the top of the standings for much of the season, Juventus has successfully prevented them from becoming runaway leaders, akin to Napoli’s dominance last season.

As the current situation stands, it is highly likely that Juventus will secure a place in the Champions League next season, barring any unforeseen loss of form. Achieving this outcome was not widely expected at the beginning of the season, but according to Moggi, Juventus has performed brilliantly and exceeded expectations. ..............

“Very important victory which leads them to duet against a stronger team, if the match continues until the end it is a credit to the team and the new air that exists of wanting to win and not lose. Credit goes to a coach who is highly criticized but who bears fruit with a young project.” ..............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/luciano-moggi-praises-allegri-and-his-young-juventus-team/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Moggi attacks Sarri again over Juventus as their war of words continue

Moggi-and-Sarri.jpg

The war of words between Luciano Moggi and Maurizio Sarri over Juventus has continued, with the former Juventus director attacking the Lazio coach afresh.

Yesterday, Moggi had said Juventus could have been playing in Serie B now if Sarri was still their coach, and the Lazio gaffer hit back by claiming Juve’s only relegation happened when Moggi was running things at the club.

Moggi has now responded ..............

“You could have resigned then, why didn’t you? Why are you only complaining now? The truth is that when you win you are a phenomenon, when you lose it’s the fault of others, in this case Lotito. Look for other excuses if you want to divert public attention from the limping progress of the team you coach.” .............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/moggi-attacks-sarri-again-over-juventus-as-their-war-of-words-continue/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti