Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Luciano Moggi

130719 messaggi

logo.png

Moggi: 'Conte is innocent'

Aug 7, 2012

Antonio Conte has received support in his betting trial from someone he might not necessarily appreciate as a character witness – Luciano Moggi.

The Juventus Coach risks a 15-month ban for failing to alert authorities to a potential fix while he was at Siena in 2010-11, although he is fighting the charges and it’s reported could be suspended for 10 months.

“The group of lawyers is strengthening to prove that Conte didn’t do anything,” Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Moggi is a familiar figure to Juve and the courts, as he was considered the ‘mastermind’ behind the Calciopoli scandal that saw the Bianconeri stripped of two titles and demoted to Serie B in 2006.

“Conte is a man who wants to win the games and has nothing to do with the betting systems.

“I have known Antonio for 10 years and the very thought of him fixing games is out of the question.

“Giving a platform to someone who admits he fixed matches while another 13-odd teammates say it wasn’t true seems typical of the current Federation.”

The only evidence against Conte comes from ex-Siena player Filippo Carobbio, who claims the Coach said two results were ‘safe’ in a team meeting.

The others who were present that day have testified that he never said that.

A verdict from the Disciplinary Commission is expected on Thursday morning.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

'The very thought of him fixing games is out of the question' -

Moggi backs Juventus coach Conte

The Bianconeri boss has received the backing of the former managing director of the club,

who believes he is not guilty in the betting scandal that has engulfed Italian football.

Aug 7, 2012

Luciano Moggi has given his support to Juventus coach Antonio Conte, who faces allegations of failing to report match-fixing during his time in charge of Siena.

The 43-year-old could receive a 15-month ban if he is found guilty of not alerting the authorities to a potential fix, an allegation he denies.

Conte joined Juve in the summer of 2011, replacing Luigi Delneri, and masterminded a Serie A triumph in his first season at the helm.

Moggi has denied the claim that Old Lady coach could be involved in the betting scandal, believing that it would be out of character for the Italian.

"I have known Antonio for 10 years," he told Radio Kiss Kiss. "The very thought of him fixing games is out of the question."

Moggi also criticised the Italian Football Federation over their handling of the most recent scandal, suggesting that because only ex-Siena player Filippo Carobbio has accused Conte, the coach should not be charged.

"Giving a platform to someone who admits he fixed matches while another 13-odd teammates say it was not true seems typical of the current Federation."

The judgement from the Disciplinary Commission is expected on Thursday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

Moggi: Inter made a mistake selling Pazzini

The man who was at the centre of the Calciopoli scandal has praised the 28-year-old

Italy forward, and castigated the Bianconeri for not signing him.

Sep 4, 2012

Former Juventus managing director Luciano Moggi has claimed that Inter made a mistake selling Giampaolo Pazzini, and that the Serie A champions should have signed the in-form striker instead of AC Milan.

Moggi, who has a lifetime ban in football due to his role on the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, insisted that the Nerazzurri should have kept hold of the former Sampdoria man, and that he would have been well suited to the Bianconeri.

“It is a well-trodden path at Massimo Moratti's Inter that they can't find a suitable partner for Diego Milito,” he told newspaper Libero. “But Inter's cast-off is now shining for Milan.

“He was recommended to Juve, but instead they tried to get that unobtainable 'top player'. Pazzini would be a brilliant partner for Vucinic, but instead they have opted for Giovinco."

And reflecting on the Giovinco transfer, the former Juve chief was also unhappy with the cost of the deal.

“Parma wanted a high price for a player who was already black and white in their heart, and I think the situation could have been handled a lot better,” he said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

logo.png

Moggi sues Inter for 'spying'

Sep 7, 2012

After Christian Vieri won €1m compensation for Inter wiretapping his phone calls, Luciano Moggi announces he’ll demand even more.

The club was ordered to pay the sum to Vieri after it was revealed they hired a private detective agency to track his movements and even tap his phone to see if the striker was abiding by the code of conduct.

The trial suggested the Nerazzurri were performing these checks on several players, referees and former Juventus director general Moggi.

“Vieri was being spied on, but so was I,” Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss. “When it comes to us, it’ll be even worse. We have requested much more than €1m in damages, but I can’t remember the exact sum.

“I am sure my ban from football will be resolved soon. Will I return to the role of director? At the moment I am enjoying myself doing the job of journalists. Some say I still run Italian football? That’s just an urban myth.”

Moggi then mocked the Calciopoli trial with reference to this season’s refereeing decisions.

“If Juventus had penalties and red cards to their advantage, then that means it wasn’t me behind it! The truth is the Bianconeri focus only on playing. If the referees get things wrong, it’s certainly not the fault of the players on the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

Juventus never approached Mazzarri, insists Moggi

The Partenopei coach was linked with the vacant managerial post in Turin last year

following Luigi Del Neri's exit, but the former director has poured scorn on those rumours.

Oct 20, 2012

Luciano Moggi has stoked the fires ahead of Juventus' Serie A clash with Napoli on Saturday by stating that Walter Mazzarri was never considered by his old club.

The 51-year-old coach shot to prominence at the end of the 2010-11 campaign after leading the Partenopei to third place in the Italian top flight and Champions League football the following season.

His exploits sparked rumours that he was in the running to replace sacked Bianconeri boss Luigi Del Neri but, according to the former director, this was not the case as Antonio Conte eventually took on the vacancy.

"It was Mazzarri looking for Juve and not vice versa," Moggi told Radio Mana Mana Sport.

"I know for a fact that Juventus have never thought of hiring Walter Mazzarri, but rather he was the one to have proposed to them before the appointment of Antonio Conte."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

Moggi: Juventus referee should have been closed in the dressing room

The ex-Italian football administrator has claimed his former club

were victims on Sunday, despite having won the controversial match.

Oct 29, 2012

Luciano Moggi has attacked referee Nicola Rizzoli for disallowing a Catania goal against Juventus in Sunday's Serie A encounter.

The Old Lady secured a 1-0 win over the Rossazzurri at the Stadio Angelo Massimino, leaving the hosts empty-handed after a 'goal' by striker Gonzalo Bergessio was wrongly ruled out for offside.

"Refeeres didn't act in bad faith, they made only errors. The assistant, [Luca] Maggiani, validated the goal and then Rizzoli confused him," the Italian told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Much controversy has followed the clash and Moggi has given his full support to Catania chairman Antonio Pulvirenti, who claimed after the game he had just witnessed "the death of football".

"Catania chairman Pulvirenti should have closed Rizzoli in the locker room," he blasted.

"The real problem is that the referees are now insufficient and want to do more than usual and this is the case with Rizzoli. The goal that was disallowed is something that has no real logic. Rizzoli should be punished."

Moggi concluded his assessment of the afternoon by defending the Bianconeri, stating that they did nothing to influence the decisions made.

"Juventus didn't ask for favours. They are victims."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

Moggi: Inter are bad winners

The former Bianconeri director has voiced his dismay with the behaviour

of Andrea Stramaccioni's side in the aftermath of their Serie A win last weekend.

Nov 6, 2012

Luciano Moggi has taken a dig at Inter in the wake of their 3-1 victory over Juventus in the Derby d'Italia, accusing the Nerazzurri of being "bad winners".

The 75-year-old, who was handed a lifetime ban from football for his role in the Calciopoli scandal, feels the Milanese outfit showed a lack of respect towards their opponents, whereas his former club were gracious in defeat.

"On Saturday night, Juventus showed that they are able to lose with class and even recognised that Inter deserved to win," Moggi was quoted as saying by Libero.

"Inter, on the other hand, proved to be bad winners. Perhaps they're not really used to winning...

"Andrea Stramaccioni had hardly left the stadium and was already talking about how Juventus have won only 28 titles. People should remind him that he hasn't won anything yet and that Juve remain first in the table."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: 'Ref chosen to damage Juve'

Nov 25, 2012

Luciano Moggi has stirred up controversy by suggesting referee Nicola Rizzoli was assigned to tonight’s game with Milan in order to ‘damage’ Juventus.

“The designator, unsure of how else to complicate his life and that of others, chooses referee Rizzoli for Milan-Juve without taking into consideration what happened in the past,” wrote former Juve director general Moggi in Libero newspaper.

“Rizzoli, used as a goal-line judge, caused all sorts of trouble and always in favour of Juve. Don’t forget the Italian Super Cup with Napoli, Catania-Juventus and Juve-Inter – all very recent games.

“The first to be embarrassed by this situation will be Rizzoli, as stepping on to the field with the ‘aura of Juventus influence’ can prompt him to make opposite decisions compared to beforehand out of a sense of uncertainty.

“Some are even suggesting Rizzoli was sent on purpose to damage Juve. I don’t want to believe such a thing, but we do have to ask ourselves how this sport works to understand why every week there is some controversy to calm down...”

This will be Rizzoli’s fourth time officiating a match between Milan and Juventus. So far his record is two Bianconeri victories and one for the Rossoneri, although all were played in Turin.

Moggi was the Juventus director general, but resigned in 2006 when the Calciopoli scandal broke, as he was found to have called the refereeing designator to influence the choice of officials assigned to their games.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi up for election

Jan 12, 2013

Disgraced former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi is taking on a new career in politics, as he’ll stand for election in Piedmont.

The 75-year-old was considered the key figure in the Calciopoli scandal that saw Juve demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetto titles in 2006.

He has received a lifetime ban from working in football, while he was also sentenced to five years and four months in prison during the Calciopoli civil trial, although that is pending an appeal.

Moggi announced he is to stand with the Riformisti Italiani party, which is connected to Milan President Silvio Berlusconi’s PdL party, in Juve’s home region of Piedmont.

“We see Moggi’s candidacy as the symbol of a political battle against the circus of media and judges who ruin lives and careers in Italy,” said the party spokesman Andrea Spiri.

Since 2006, Moggi has forged a career as a football pundit in newspapers, radio and internet sites.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi won't run for Senate

Jan 20, 2013

Disgraced former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has officially abandoned his plan to run for political office.

Moggi, who was the central figure in the Calciopoli scandal, had raised eyebrows when announcing he would be running as a candidate for the Riformisti Italiani party in the Italian Senate.

However, this weekend he released a statement revealing he had changed his mind.

“I must thank the Riformisti Italiani and their leader Stefania Craxi for giving me the opportunity to run as a candidate. Other political parties had called me, but I had turned them down.

“After careful reflection, I must give up on this candidacy so that I can concentrate better on what will be my priority – the Calciopoli trials that have destroyed the lives of dozens of families of referees and assistants who were entirely extraneous to this absurd affair, which was used only for the political candidacy of others.

“Eventual immunity from prosecution by being in the Senate, which some people suggested was a reason for my candidacy, is just part of the usual cruel lies I have had to live with for some time.

“I will fight with all my strength to establish the truth that I fought for over these years with the millions of Juventus fans by my side.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Napoli are as strong as Juventus, says Moggi

The former Italian football administrator believes the Partenopei do not need reinforcements

in the January transfer window, as they are already on the same level as the Bianconeri.

Jan 28, 2013

Luciano Moggi says Napoli are as strong as Juventus and do not need to strengthen their current playing squad.

Walter Mazzarri's men trail the Bianconeri by three points in Serie A, and the former Partenopei administrator believes the good work done in the summer transfer window has left them with a team strong enough to challenge for major honours.

"I believe that Napoli should not do anything because the teams are built in June," the 75-year-old told reporters.

"The Napoli squad already has a sufficient size, and they are as strong as Juventus,"

Juve have drawn three of their last four games, and despite still leading the table, Moggi feels that the team's spirit might have been slightly disrupted by off-the-field events.

"Juve are nervous because of the controversy regarding Conte and Marotta, those are indicative of a state of nervousness that exists, as well as the fear of not being able to move forward as they would like.

"Juve are not as strong as they were a month or two ago.

"Probably missing Chiellini, who gives them a considerable competitive spirit, and the lack of Pirlo are fundamental too, but this team does not score. Pogba is a good player, but is not a phenomenon."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Moggi: Roma need another Calciopoli

more than another coach .asd

The former Juventus director dismissed Zdenek Zeman's sacking as predictable,

criticising the Roma coach's work as well as Juventus' signing of Nicolas Anelka.

Feb 2, 2013

Luciano Moggi has cast a critical eye on Roma's decision to appoint coach Zdenek Zeman at the beginning of this season, after the Czech received his marching orders on Saturday, following a 4-2 home defeat to Cagliari.

The pair endured tempestuous run-ins with each other over the 1990's when Zeman first took charge of the Giallorossi, and Moggi questioned general manager Franco Baldini's decision to re-hire him in the first place.

"I cannot deny expecting and widely predicting Zeman's fate," the ex-Juventus director revealed to TuttoJuve. "Unfortunately, it happened that way.

"Baldini's two years in management have been completely negative, from the statistics and results. The results were disappointing, but not surprising.

"He needs another Calciopoli more than another coach to have an opportunity to usurp the table."

The infamous betting scandal of 2006 stripped Moggi of his position as a Juventus official and plunged the Turin giants into Serie B, although the Old Lady have managed to redeem themselves lately by winning the Scudetto last season.

But poor form at the turn of the year has led to the repeat title charge of Antonio Conte's men to falter slightly.

"The championship has been reopened, as it's now clear Napoli are true contenders. Their Europa League journey is of little account, and I doubt they will pay much attention to it.

"But Juventus' Champions League commitments will take away energy. Chiellini is a player that cannot be replaced. His absence is sorely felt.

"Sebastian Giovinco has proven a good purchase for them, though they would have been better off staying as they were without Nicolas Anelka, as he is no better than any of their current strikers."

The 33-year-old former Chelsea forward arrives from Shanghai Shenhua on a five-month contract, with the clause to extend his stay by one year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain is no champion, warns Moggi

The ex-Bianconeri official wants the Turin club to sell Mirko Vucinic
and has suggested that Alessandro Diamanti would be a great addition to their strikeforce.

May 14, 2013

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has warned his former club against signing Gonzalo Higuain from Real Madrid and suggested that they consider selling Mirko Vucinic.

As Goal recently revealed, the Biaconeri have agreed terms "in principle" with Higuain, with the Argentine currently considering parting company with Real Madrid after six years at the Santiago Bernabeu.

However, Moggi is set against the proposed deal, telling Radio Sportiva: "He's good player but he has no a champion."

Moggi also claimed that Juve can do without Vucinic, who has, for the most part, been the one constant in the Bianconeri attack this season.

"They have sold players given [Fernando] Llorente has already [effectively] arrived," he argued, referring to the Spaniard's summer move from Athletic Bilbao to Turin. "So they should continue to sell players that have been made redundant, maybe [even] Vucinic."

Moggi believes that Juve will not have to look too far for replacements, arguing that they should bring in Italy international Alessandro Diamanti from Bologna and teenage sensation Domenico Berardi from Sassuolo.

"Diamanti has proven himself to be a player who decides games," he enthused. "And also that he has the right DNA for Juve: he is a warrior.

"Obviously there is a need for a more competitive squad because the current players have been overworked.

"A publicly-listed football clubs must do be prudent, to comply with budgetary constraints and create value. But maybe [they should] take a young player like Berardi, just as they did with [midfielder Paul] Pogba."

Moggi would also welcome the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with whom he enjoyed an excellent working relationship.

"Zlatan is the greatest guy in the world," he enthused. "He never had a problem with me, partly because there was a very clear relationship between employer and employee.

"He's a businesslike person. He adapts to the will of the employer on the assumption that they know how to handle things."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi questions Juve attacking moves

May 24, 2013

Luciano Moggi isn’t impressed by the idea of a Juventus side containing Fernando Llorente and Gonzalo Higuain.

The former Old Lady transfer guru, who was banned from the game for his part in the Calciopoli scandal, thinks they need a different kind of player in attack.

“Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski is a player who makes the difference for club and country,” Moggi told Tutto Nocerina.

“The club need to sign important players, but Higuain and Llorente are decent and nothing more.

“The likes of Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella are not worth any less, the thing is that foreign players are desired by journalists and fans – but that guarantees nothing.”

Juve have already agreed a deal with Llorente who will join the club on a free transfer once his Athletic Bilbao contract expires next month.

Meanwhile, Turin officials flew to Madrid this week to discuss a possible transfer for Real and Argentina striker Higuain.

Lewandowski, meanwhile, is being strongly linked with a summer move to Bayern Munich after catching the eye for Borussia this term.

The Polish international, who Roma were advised to sign while he was still at Lech Poznan, scored four in the recent Champions League semi-final win over Real Madrid.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: 'Juve had Cristiano Ronaldo'

Jun 2, 2013

Luciano Moggi claims Juventus had already secured Cristiano Ronaldo when Marcelo Salas ruined the deal.

The former Bianconeri director general insisted he had snapped up one of the best players in the world back in the summer of 2003.

“It’s true, we had got Cristiano Ronaldo,” said Moggi at a publicity event.

“We took Salas to Sporting Lisbon and Ronaldo had a medical in Turin. Then Salas suddenly turned down the transfer and in the end Ronaldo signed for Manchester United.”

Inter had also been in advanced negotiations for the Portuguese international before he opted for Old Trafford.

Moggi praised current Juventus President Andrea Agnelli, as “he worked with us for 12 years and proved he knew how to lead a club.

“He often talks to us and remembers when he went to the games with his Dad. He took the helm because the club wasn’t winning anymore, but with him there is a breath of fresh air.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Serie A investigating Moggi and agents

Jun 25, 2012

Alessandro Moggi insists he is “relaxed” after financial police raided 41 clubs investigating potential fraud and tax evasion.

The raids hit 41 different clubs between Serie A, B and Lega Pro, but statements from Udinese, Chievo and the Lega Serie A suggest Moggi and colleagues are the real targets.

“The Lega Serie A wishes to make clear that today the Financial Police staged an operation to acquire documents from various clubs as part of an investigation that seems to regard the activity of sporting agents.

“The clubs offered their utmost collaboration and the Lega Serie A has no reason to doubt the behaviour of its associates.”

Udinese confirmed one of the targets was Moggi – the son of former Juventus director general Luciano Moggi (pictured) – and his clients.

“The financial police is doing its work, they have to ascertain if there are any illegalities or not. In any case, I am relaxed,” said Moggi this evening.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi recalls missing Ronaldo

Oct 21, 2013

This week’s Real Madrid-Juventus tie has again allowed Luciano Moggi to retell how he almost signed Cristiano Ronaldo for the Old Lady.

http://markting10.nl/

“We agreed a swap deal with Sporting Lisbon between Marcelo Salas and Cristiano Ronaldo,” Moggi commented on Sphere Sports this week.

“Salas travelled to Portugal, but backed out and went to River Plate instead.

“At that moment, Manchester United came in and put an offer on the table that we did not have – a situation that forced us to end our interest.”

Moggi was Juventus’ director general for over a decade before he resigned in the summer of 2006 following the Calciopoli revelations.

Ronaldo, who will face the Bianconeri in the Champions League on Wednesday, joined United in 2003. He was sold six years later to the Spaniards for around €94m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Weak' Juventus should have refused to play Galatasaray – Moggi

The former Bianconeri director has hit out at club chiefs for allowing Tuesday's
postponed Champions League match in Turkey to be resumed on Wednesday afternoon.

Dec 13, 2013

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has branded the clubs' chiefs as "weak", insisting they should have argued for the Champions League clash with Galatasaray to be postponed.

A solitary strike from Wesley Sneijder saw the Bianconeri crash out of the competition at the expense of Roberto Mancini's men on Wednesday on a heavily waterlogged and muddy pitch after the game was initially abandoned on Tuesday due to a snowstorm.

Moggi - who was director general for the Turin giants until 2006 - has now issued a damning indictment of Juve's refusal to have the match postponed until the pitch could be repaired.

"A game as important as this should not have been played on a pitch like that," stated the 76-year-old whilst talking to Radio Kiss Kiss.

"Juventus, however, made two mistakes. Firstly, they were unable to progress from a mediocre group. Secondly, their directors who should have refused to play on such a pitch but were too weak to impose themselves."

Last year's quarter-finalists now find themselves in the Europa League alongside fellow Serie A outfit Napoli, who narrowly missed out on progressing in the Champions League despite a 2-0 win over Arsenal on matchday six.

Moggi believes Rafa Benitez's side should focus their efforts more on trying to haul in Juventus at the top of the table due to the relatively small squad at the Partenopei's disposal.

"If Napoli are smart they will ignore the Europa League and try and win Serie A. The Europa League is a competition with little money and only tires out the squad because you play on Thursdays," Moggi continued.

"Juventus maybe can play it because they have a bigger roster."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Moggi: Inter are back
to their pre-Calciopoli level

The 76-year-old has taken aim at the Giuseppe Meazza side
following their disappointing performances in recent seasons.

Feb 5, 2014

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi feels Inter are back to the same level they were at before Calciopoli changed the landscape of Italian football in 2006.

The match-fixing scandal effectively signalled the start of Inter's dominance as the Nerazzurri won four consecutive Serie A titles between 2007 and 2010, while the Bianconeri struggled to challenge for major honours after they were relegated to Serie B in 2006.

Nevertheless, Juventus have dethroned Inter as the dominant force in Italian football again and Moggi feels Inter cannot be considered a top team any more in the wake of their 3-1 defeat at the weekend.

"Matches between Inter and Juventus can no longer be called the Derby d'Italia. It's offensive," Moggi told reporters.

"This name was apt because at the time Juventus and Inter were the best teams around in Italy. At the moment, there's only Juventus, though.

"Inter, however, have lost the advantage that they had after Calciopoli. They are trailing Juventus by 26 points at the moment. They are back to their usual pre-Calciopoli level."

Juventus currently sit atop of Serie A with 59 points from 22 games, while Inter have to settle for sixth spot in the table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Moggi: Conte and Pogba will stay at Juventus

Apr 20, 2014

Former Juventus chief managing director Luciano Moggi has reiterated that both coach Antonio Conte and midfielder Paul Pogba will remain in Turin next season.

There have been widespread rumours linking Pogba to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer while Conte has been linked with a move to Monaco, but Moggi has stated that no such moves will take place.

“Conte will stay, so will Pogba along with Pirlo and Marchisio,” said Moggi confidently told A Libero.

“Only Mirko Vucinic and Quagliarella will most likely leave.”

The Italian,who was caught at the centre of the country’s biggest football scandal in 2006 also believes that the Old Lady will sign Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez in the upcoming transfer window.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Alexis should be Juventus'
top priority, says Moggi

The 76-year-old has urged the Old Lady to make a move
for the Chile international and rebuild their squad this summer.

May 27, 2014

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi believes the Serie A champions should make the signing of Barcelona attacker Alexis Sanchez their main priority this summer if they want to be competitive again in Europe.

The Chile international has been strongly linked with a return to Serie A after three seasons at Barcelona and Moggi feels the winger is exactly what Juventus need, while also urging the Turin giants to further rebuild their squad ahead of next season.

"Juventus' main priority this summer should be the signing of Alexis Sanchez," Moggi was quoted as saying by Tuttosport. "He has already shown in the past that he can add something extra in Serie A during his time at Udinese.

"From there one, you will have to be ready to sell important players and replace them with even better alternatives. Back in 2001, we sold Zinedine Zidane and got back Pavel Nedved, Lilian Thuram and Gianluigi Buffon.

"The Juventus of Fabio Capello had leaders of various national teams, like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Emerson and Fabio Cannavaro, players who could change a team.

"I would never sacrifice Arturo Vidal, though, and the same goes for Buffon, Andrea Pirlo and Giorgio Chiellini."

Juventus failed to advance from the Champions League group stage this term, while they were eliminated in the semi-finals of the Europa League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Moggi: I told Ibrahimovic to start
a war at Ajax to kickstart Juventus move

May 31, 2014

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has revealed some of the most astonishing off the field stories in his book among which he admits to have suggested Zlatan Ibrahimovic to start a war with Rafael van der Vaart.

Moggi resigned from his post with the La Vecchia Signora at the end of the 2005/06 season being at the centre of the Calciopoli scandal which resulted in the Bianconeri being stripped of the two Scudetti won in 2005 and 2006 apart from being demoted to the Serie B with Moggi himself given a life ban from football.

The 76 year old Italian came forward and released some of the most controversial stories during his time as a Juventus director in his book “Il Pallone Lo Porto Io.”

“I have often heard that Juve was like a prison,” wrote Moggi in his book.

“It is false but it is true that I gave advice to the players. I told players ‘If you go chasing women, do it in the right places, not where everyone can see you. ‘ At Juve we only intervened when the player being gossiped about was not performing.”

Moggi wrote of his likeness towards Ibrahimovic and that he was a very dedicated player.

“Ibrahimovic and I liked each other right away, ever since our first meeting that lasted an hour in Montecarlo during the Formula One race.

“Mino Raiola is always dressed in an inappropriate manner, but he does not care. That is one of the reasons I like him. If I asked him to, Ibrahimovic would take a bike ride around all of Italy.

“I liked Ibra right away: direct, honest and not afraid to confront powerful people. He told me he only cared about football and family. I cannot remember Ibra missing even one practice. Even a fever could not stop him. He was an exemplary professional.”

“Ajax did not want to let Ibra leave, so I admit I was not politically correct, but I suggested Ibrahimovic start a war with van der Vaart. If a player asked me to leave I always did so even if it made team weaker. I did so with Christian Vieri in 1997.

“Had I remained at Juve, Ibrahimovic would still be a bianconero. ”

The man who also spent some of his time as a director of football with clubs such as Roma, Lazio and Napoli also wrote of how he signed Pavel Nedved.

“Nedved always scored against us. ‘We’ll buy him so we can resolve this problem’ I told Roberto Bettega and Antonio Giraudo in 2001.

“I knew the negotiation with Real Madrid for Zinedine Zidane would end well, but we risked not getting the replacement for Zizou. I needed a stroke of genius to get Nedved to agree to join Juve, so I played along . ”

“I called Nedved and said: ‘Do me a favour and come to Torino, just look around you don’t have to sign with Juve’ . I told Nedved I would send him a private plane while he was in Prague so nobody would see him. Pavel fell into my trap.”

“After I hung up with Nevded I called journalists and TVs to tell them ‘Nedved is on his way’. When Nedved got off the plane there were numerous reporters waiting for him.”

“He told me ‘How could they know of my arrival?’ Nedved went through a few days of protest in Rome and on July 4th he gave up ‘Okay! I will sign with Juve.’”

Moggi also wrote about some of the incidents in the life of Paolo Montero.

“I smile thinking about Montero. He was a great player who loved the night life. ”

“But he was a real man who always took responsibility. When Montero went out chasing women and drinking beer, he was like a tornado on pitch the following day: he never gave up.

“Montero always went out with Mark Iuliano at night. He was a warrior who will always be in the hearts of the Juve fans. After Montero got married and stopped going out, his performance dipped considerably.”

“I told him: ‘Stay out all night or I will sell you’. Luckily after that Montero went back to giving great performances.”

Moggi has also written about a tough period in the footballing career of David Trezeguet and how he resolved it.

“I remember Trezeguet had a difficult period.”

“He was not playing up to his potential. I found out Trezeguet would often go to club Hollywood, where footballers were often seen.”

“Solving the problem was easy. One night I went to club Hollywood and Trezeguet showed up smiling. His expression changed when he saw me. ”

“I asked Trezeguet, what are we going to do- ‘leave together or just take my car?’ After that Trezeguet started scoring again. “

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Former Juventus Sporting Director
Questions Decision To Hire Allegri

Jul 17, 2014

Former Juventus sporting director Luciano Moggi has questioned the decision to hire Massimiliano Allegri as a replacement to Antonio Conte.

Conte resigned from his position as coach of the Bianconeri on Tuesday, after disagreeing with the club’s board.

Speaking to Radio Crc show Si gonfia la rete, Moggi questioned the club’s decision to appoint Allegri, while also saying that Juve are still superior to Roma and Napoli.

“A coach is not a pope,” he said. “Even if it’s difficult, he can be replaced.

“Napoli won the Coppa Italia with a coach [Rafael Benitez] who has always come under criticism.

“However, it is not conceivable that Allegri is the one who replaces Conte.

“At this juncture, Roma and Napoli haven’t closed the gap on Juventus, but if the club start selling players then this will change.

“Juventus will still win domestically, and with this group of players we’re capable of competing with Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich.

“Now, both Napoli and Roma will have more breathing space”.

Moggi then shifted his focus to Napoli where he spoke about what the Partenopei lack in their squad.

“The team is already strong,” he said. “However, Napoli need to recruit a midfielder who can dictate play”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Moggi: 'Roma intimidate refs'

Oct 19, 2014

Luciano Moggi claims Roma are returning to a “pre-Calciopoli tactic: tell referees it’s best to go against Juventus to avoid criticism.”

The former director general was the main figure in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal, which saw Juve demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetti.

He is now a pundit and wrote for newspaper Libero after the latest controversy over Juve’s 3-2 win against Roma.

“Morgan De Sanctis added to Francesco Totti’s remarks on Juve-Roma, so not even President Pallotta’s appeal for calm was heeded.

“That makes me think the tactic used in the pre-Calciopoli years is still the right one for them: tell referees in case of doubt it’s best to go against Juventus to avoid criticism. Basically, intimidate them.

“The statistics are at the disposal of anyone who wants to consult them. From 1998 to 2006 the team with the most penalties in favour was Milan with 70, second Roma on 57, Lazio 55, Napoli 54 and together with 53 spot-kicks were Inter and Juventus.

“The penalties against: again Milan on top with 25, followed by Juventus 26, Lazio 30, Inter, Roma and Napoli 39.”

Moggi was caught in intercepted telephone conversations urging the authorities to choose certain referees for specific games and complaining about decisions that had gone against Juventus.

Contrary to popular belief, Juventus were never charged with match-fixing, but only with attempting to influence the refereeing designator and therefore the officials as a whole.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Moggi: Serie A Lagging Behind The Rest Of Europe

Oct 24, 2014

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi believes that Italian football a level below other leagues in Europe.

The 77 year old was spoke to Tuttomercatoweb after Juventus’ shock 1-0 loss to Olympiakos in the Champions League and stated that the football being played outside of Italy is at a higher level.

“Juventus played very poorly in the first half, they were virtually not even on the field,” Moggi said.

“In the second half they deserved to equalise, but [Olympiakos goalkeeper] Roberto performed miracles.

“The Bianconeri gave the first 45 minutes to their opponents, and some players contributed less than usual, such as [Andrea] Pirlo.

“This is evidence that abroad the football is more aggressive, and in some cases is on a higher level.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti