Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Andrea Pirlo

130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Andrea Pirlo
signs with New York City FC

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/6/8875949/andrea-pirlo-juventus-new-york-city-fc-mls-serie-a-transfers-2015

Jul 6, 2015

As if Andrea Pirlo walking around New York City in a New York Yankees on more than one occasion wasn't enough of a hint, the announcement we've been expecting for days has arrived. Andrea Pirlo, the man who played a huge role in Juventus getting back to the top of the mountain in Serie A, is heading to the United States.

Instead of playing out the final year of his contract in Turin, Pirlo, at age 36, is coming to America to play for New York City FC and in Major League Soccer. Juventus announced on Monday that the Maestro's wonderful four-year stint in Turin has come to an end, with Pirlo head to America to close out his storied career.

JuventusFC ✔@juventusfcen
OFFICIAL: @Pirlo_official will continue his career with @NYCFC following four years at Juve

The move closes what was a trophy-filled four years in Turin for Pirlo, who arrived on a free transfer in the summer of 2011. He played a huge role in Juventus' revival under Antonio Conte, taking over the center of a new-look Juventus midfield that was sorely lacking his class, passing and overall brilliance. Milan cast him aside thinking he didn't have much left in the tank, but it was Juventus which saw there was still plenty there despite him entering his mid-30s.

Pirlo won a Serie A title in all four of his seasons with Juventus, as well as making it back to the Champions League final, which ended up being his 164th and final appearance in black and white stripes.

But now it's off to the United States for Mr. Pirlo, where he joins a handful of former European stars, including former Milan teammate and current Orlando City SC midfielder Kaka. Oh what fun they will have playing on a pair of expansion franchises.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have shared these four fantastic seasons with Andrea and all associated with Juventus Football Club wish him the very best for the future," the end of a statement on Juventus' official website read. "Thanks for everything, Maestro, and good luck."

Yeah, pretty much. The #GrazieMaestro hashtag on Twitter couldn't be more appropriate now that the anticipated news has become official news.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'It was not an easy decision' - Pirlo pens open letter
to Juventus fans after sealing New York City FC move

The Italian thanked the Juventus president, staff, fans and his team-mates as he said
farewell to Turin, admitting he would "never forget the relationship I have" with the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/07/06/13348122/-?

Jul 6, 2015

Andrea Pirlo has admitted he found it difficult to leave Juventus in an open letter written to the club's staff and supporters following his move to New York City FC.

The Italian midfielder moved to Turin on a free transfer in 2011 after a decade-long spell at Milan and helped Juventus to this year's Champions League final.

Thanking everyone at the club for their support, Pirlo added that he "will never forget the relationship I have with these colours".

"It can be difficult to put emotions into words, especially when they involve four years that have been so important in my life," he tweeted.

"I can only say a huge THANK YOU to all who have accompanied me and supported me in this adventure: the club, FC Juventus, from our president to every single person that works there; my team-mates of many battles, lots of laughter and some tears; the fans and all those who have always followed us with affection even when things were less beautiful.

"Many thanks to all of you. It was not an easy decision, but it's time to start a new adventure, but I will never forget the relationship I have with these colours. Until the end FORZA JUVENTUS."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Grazie Maestro: Juventus release
moving Pirlo tribute video

The Old Lady have paid tribute to the iconic Italy midfielder, who is moving to New York City FC,
with an impressive video montage of passes, body swerves and trademark free kicks.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2015/07/06/13348742/-?

Jul 6, 2015

Juventus have released a video tribute to Andrea Pirlo after confirming the news that the iconic midfielder has joined New York City FC.

Pirlo enjoyed four trophy laden years with the Old Lady, winning four consecutive Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and two Supercoppa Italianas.

And the Italian club have shown their gratitude with a video montage of his very best moments, made up of passes, body swerves and, of course, trademark free kicks.

Watch the full video below...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Andrea Pirlo improved Juventus'
culture and will be missed

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2514451/andrea-pirlo-will-be-missed-at-juventus?

Jul 6, 2015

"Being a Juventino is to carry oneself with pride and dignity. Till the very end as President [Andrea] Agnelli would say," wrote Andrea Pirlo in his book I Think Therefore I Play.

A player of immense ability, a magician with the ball and a leader off it, Italy's great playmaker has waved goodbye to Juventus and its adoring fans to begin a new adventure with New York City FC in MLS.

A man who arrived from the red and black side of Milan, Juventus were once the enemy. However, having landed in Turin, he not only revived his career but the Juve mentality, bringing world class ability and insatiable hunger for success back to the Turin giants. Alongside goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, he brought back leadership into the dressing room, he taught the youngsters, laughed with the veterans and grew attached to the directors, especially Agnelli.

Sharing a love for success and an obsession with trophies, Pirlo began to view Juventus through the eyes of the president, falling in love with the Old Lady and realising her worth. "Andrea made an excellent first impression on me and I'd like to think the feeling is mutual. It was love at first sight; something that was in no way guaranteed when you consider where I was arriving from," explained Pirlo in his book.

Juventus became something more than a football team; it became an ideology, a way of being and a philosophy Pirlo believed in. He defended the Old Lady passionately and learned to believe that everything she had won was not only merited but undeniably deserved, having observed her traditions, her handwork and her discipline.

"Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio: when you look at those guys you realise just where you are. They're always happy, always ready to involve and excite you with their infectious enthusiasm," Pirlo wrote. "A dressing room where hard work is the order of the day. Where the spirit of sacrifice is an absolute must, not a request where you can shake your head and say 'no.'"

That is why, he insists, he wore the t-shirt with the slogan "30 titles won on the pitch" etched on the front. "If you're not a Bianconero, or if you don't become one as I did, you'll never understand." Most of those who are not associated with the club never will, but there is a reason why clubs like Juve will never die, regardless of whatever punishments or scandals they may suffer. Class is eternal and for unique players such as Pirlo, he can relate. Upon his arrival in 2011, the club's tactics were changed.

Antonio Conte, who had just been hired as coach that same year, was heralded for his 4-2-4 formation in previous managerial roles, but he opted to change shapes in order to allow Pirlo to make the desired impact, and the playmaker duly impressed. Setting the rhythm, controlling the pace and delivering those perfect long-range passes, Pirlo finished the season having provided the highest number of assists in the league (13) and completing 2,643 passes, 500 more than any other Serie A player.

Like a phoenix, Juventus rose from the ashes and not only pipped Milan to win their first title since Calciopoli but did so with the player the Rossoneri discarded.

Wearing the Bianconeri jersey, Pirlo continued to impress both in domestic and European competitions, winning Serie A player of the year for three consecutive seasons in 2012, 2013 and 2014. His ability to produce magic to aid those ahead of him, as well as finish from his trademark free-kicks, made him a reference point for Juve, the player all opponents feared for he could not be stopped, giving the Old Lady back her glamour.

Even in this past season, one spent recovering from a few injuries and perhaps one played at a lower level, Pirlo still knew how to make the difference. He scored the winner against Torino in the Derby della Mole in November 2014 and who could forget the sensational screamer against Atalanta in February?

Yet despite the goals, assists and ingenious creativity, in the wonderful words published on the Juventus website, "Pirlo is a player -- a man -- who could never be summed up with mere statistics."

Grazie Maestro, for the many happy moments shared, for the tears you shed and the love you showed. It is you who helped catapult Juventus back to the top of European football and for that, the club will forever be grateful. Fino all fine, forza Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Marchisio: I can't be Pirlo's heir

The 29-year-old feels he is not the right man to replace the playmaker as he is a different type of player.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/07/07/13365702/-?

Jul 7, 2015

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has conceded he is not the man to replace Andrea Pirlo following his team-mate's move to New York City FC.

Pirlo's four-year stint at Juve officially ended when New York City revealed they had signed the 36-year-old on Monday.

Marchisio, who has been at Juve since age seven and signed a new deal until 2020 on Monday, said it was not his aim to fill the void left by Pirlo.

"I cannot be Pirlo's heir because I am very different from Andrea," Marchisio said at a press conference.

"That would apply even if I had played in the same position.

"I would like to spare a few words for Andrea, for everything he gave us and because he really made us grow as a team.

"He was a very important player for me. In these few last years I saw him playing in front of the defence and he really helped me.

"I do not have his characteristics, but I have learnt a lot from him and as a result everything was easier."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: ‘Juventus cycle was over’

http://www.football-italia.net/68824/pirlo-%E2%80%98juventus-cycle-was-over%E2%80%99?

Jul 7, 2015

Andrea Pirlo admits ‘the cycle was over’ for his Juventus career, following his move to New York City FC.

The Italian international has moved to the MLS side on a free transfer, one year before the intended end of his Bianconeri contract.

“It would have been better to finish with a win,” Pirlo told the New York City’s official website, talking about the losing Champions League final.

“However, for me the cycle was still over. I needed a new challenge, and the City were the best choice.

“I had four fantastic years [at Juventus] where we started from scratch and built a winning team which achieved tremendous success. I hope to do that here in New York too.”

The World Cup winner is also confident his move to MLS will not affect his chances with Italy.

“It doesn’t change anything for me. I spoke to him [CT Antonio Conte], he knows it’s a competitive league, that nothing has changed and that I’ll do everything to be called-up for the European Championships.

“I was sad to leave, but we all have to make choices in life, and it was the right time to leave Italy, I’d played with the best teams [inter, Milan and Juve] and I didn’t see myself in another shirt.

“I’ll always be happy to represent Italy with the shirts of clubs or the national team, I’m Italian, and my heart will always be there.”

Pirlo has played in all the great stadiums of Europe, is he looking forward to turning out at Yankee Stadium?

“It’s iconic, it gives you chills as you walk in,” Pirlo said.

“I can’t wait to be on the pitch and play in this stadium. I hope a lot of people can come to watch us play and see me up close.

“I look forward to everyone coming to watch in New York.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Lampard 'lucky' to play alongside Pirlo

The former Chelsea and Manchester City midfielder is full of praise for his new
New York City FC colleague, who joined the American side from Juventus on Monday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3353/mls/2015/07/08/13395942/-?

Jul 8, 2015

Frank Lampard considers himself "lucky" to play in the same New York City FC team as Andrea Pirlo.

The former England international was finally unveiled by the Major League Soccer side on Tuesday after spending last season on loan at Manchester City and could make his debut in Sunday's meeting with Toronto FC.

Pirlo's transfer to MLS's newest club from Juventus was confirmed on Monday and Lampard cannot wait to play alongside the Italian and former Barcelona striker David Villa.

"David and Andrea are at the top of the list, I'm a lucky man to be in the same squad as them," he told reporters at his unveiling.

"I've been watching all the games. I know every player and how they play. It will be a pleasure to play with them every day.

"I think Pirlo is the best at getting his ball to dip and dive off the free kick. He can have the first one!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Andrea Pirlo not set for Manchester City loan from NYCFC

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2515923/andrea-pirlo-not-set-for-manchester-city-loan-sources?

Jul 8, 2015

New York City FC have ruled out loaning Andrea Pirlo to Manchester City, sources told ESPN FC.

Pirlo, 36, has joined the new Major League Soccer franchise as their third designated player after ending his four-year stay at Juventus.

Frank Lampard agreed to sign for New York City last summer, only to move to Manchester City for the whole of the 2014-15 season and miss the start of the MLS campaign in a controversial switch that brought the two clubs bad publicity in the United States.

And while MLS players such as Robbie Keane, Thierry Henry and Clint Dempsey have joined Premier League clubs on loan in January in past years, Pirlo will not follow suit.

Injuries and a lack of form have limited Robin van Persie to just 10 goals in 2014-15.

The 2006 World Cup winner, who is set to make his MLS debut against Orlando on July 26, was announced as New York City's newest recruit on Monday.

The former AC Milan midfielder won the Champions League twice and Serie A six times, including in each of his last five seasons, during his time in his native Italy.

He has also been capped 115 times by his country, helping them win the World Cup in 2006 and reach the final of Euro 2012.

New York City and Manchester City are both part of the City Football Group, owned by Sheikh Mansour.

New York's squad includes two players on loan from Manchester City in defenders Shay Facey and Angelino plus a further two former City players in goalkeeper Eirik Johansen and Lampard, who is set to make his belated debut against Toronto on Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Andrea Pirlo heads to New York City: Saying goodbye,
and thank you, to Juventus' Maestro

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/12/8867443/andrea-pirlo-juventus-new-york-city-fc-serie-a-mls-goodbye-old-friend

Jul 12, 2015

Before the move to the United States, before the somewhat convincing notion that Juventus will be okay without him, even before the beard a cult hero-like status, Andrea Pirlo was as silky smooth a midfielder as we've seen in this generation. 'Maestro' was such a hitting notion for somebody who directed the midfield and made it look sooooo damn easy and sooooo damn cool when everything was on point.

Pirlo was as good of a free transfer as you will ever see take place. Milan said "Goodbye and good luck," and Juventus welcomed him with open arms. They then handed him the keys to the car and everything that comes with it and never looked back. (Pretty good decision from the good guys, I must say.)

But now we must say goodbye to the man who has created almost as many memes with his beard being unimpressed with things as he's dished out passes over the top of defense in his four-year Juventus career. The news was not a surprise nor any kind of sudden development. Talk of Pirlo heading to New York had been as frequent both here in the U.S. and over in Italy for weeks before the signing became official, with plenty of Pirlo sightings in New York happening in between.

It's true that NYCFC won't be getting the exact same version of Pirlo that first arrived at Juventus in the summer of 2011. But, even then, it's not like that's breaking news if you've followed Pirlo over the last few years. I will choose to remember the Pirlo who first joined Juventus because that's pretty much the only Pirlo we should remember and put up on the pedestal. He's just been that good for so long, it's hard to think of him any other way.

Just take the first official game Pirlo played in a Juventus jersey, a 4-1 win over Parma as Juventus Stadium opened up its doors with a vintage performance. It was, for every single way to describe it, a sign of things to come — both from Pirlo and the club as a whole. Pirlo got the assist on Stephan Lichtsteiner's opener as well as on the final Juventus goal of the day by a flying Claudio Marchisio.

You see, that's what made Pirlo so good. And it wasn't just in that game; it was for most of his four years with Juventus. His genius is that he makes the extraordinary look absolutely routine. It's the reason why he became some sort of folk hero during his time at Juventus. (I'm sure the beard and vineyard pictures helped, too.) Forty-yard ball over the top and put right on the striker in stride? Yeah, no big deal. Free kick in the dying minutes when Juve need a goal? It's all good.

It's those kinds of moments, ones that made the Juventus Stadium crowd simply go "Ooooh!!!" whenever he made one of his slick moves and spun away from a defender like it was no big deal at all, we will always remember. The class and ability of Pirlo is one we've seen few times in a Juventus jersey in the past few decades. Or ever, for that matter. And maybe that's why he is being shown so much appreciation despite being around for "only" four seasons.

But Pirlo was around for a special team in this club's history. He was an incredibly massive part of the rebirth and current run of four straight Serie A titles. Those Dark Ages we speak of? They're not so long in the past where we can't touch them, but they seem long gone because of everything Juventus have accomplished since the summer of 2011. That's a direct result of adding Pirlo to play alongside Marchisio, Arturo Vidal (also signed in the summer of 2011) and Paul Pogba (signed in the summer of 2012) as they created one of the best midfields in the game.

There were so many good times it's hard to recount them all. The passes were plentiful, the wins just as frequent. Pirlo was the hub of the Juventus midfield in every sense of the word. His wide array of free kicks seemingly became locks for month-long stretches. He even scored a few memorable goals from open play, too.

It was the class Pirlo exhibited that Milan thought was no longer present. And it was Juventus which reaped all of those lovely rewards.

Andrea Pirlo is simply one of a kind. I don't know what else to say, really. There won't be a player like him for decades to come — if ever. He was one of the best of his generation, and it was quite enjoyable to see him experience four years of his distinguished career in bianconero. (He looked quite good in those stripes, huh?)

Cheers to you, too, Andrea. You magnificent footballer who makes the simply world-class in difficulty look relatively routine. Who knows when we'll see anybody like you in the future — if ever again.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pirlo returns to Juventus to wish
former teammates luck

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2528817/pirlo-returns-to-juventus-for-good-luck-wishes?

Jul 20, 2015

With the Juventus players reporting to the club's training base for the first day of preseason training on Monday morning, a special VIP guest dropped by for a surprise visit.

For the first time since setting sail for New York City FC last month, Andrea Pirlo returned to the Vinovo training centre to wish his former Juve colleagues and coaches luck for the challenging season ahead.

Unsurprisingly, word spread quickly that Il Maestro was back in the building, with a gaggle of his ex-teammates queueing up to welcome him back to Turin.

2i2a1jt.jpg
JuventusFC ✔@juventusfc
In bocca al lupo anche a te per la nuova stagione con il @NYCFC.

Class act all the way, that man.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pirlo's first training session for New York City FC

The Italy international joined Frank Lampard and David Villa
in his first session since joining the new MLS franchise.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4677/usa/2015/07/23/13811172/-?

Jul 23, 2015

Andrea Pirlo joined his New York City FC team-mates for his first training session since joining the club from Juventus on Wednesday.

The Italian, 36, decided to leave the Bianconeri for the new MLS franchise at the start of June, which ended his four-year stay in Turin.

On Monday, Pirlo visited Juventus' training base one last time before flying to the United States to begin what is likely to be the final chapter of his career.

Pirlo isn't the only big name who has opted to make the move to America, with former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and ex-Barcelona striker David Villa also at the club.

New York have won four of their opening nine league games, but suffered defeat in their first derby clash with city rivals the New York Red Bulls, as they went down 3-1 at home.

Pirlo isn't expected to feature for several weeks as he bids to regain match fitness, with the club's next clash against Kaka's Orlando City on July 26.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pirlo: I walked out of Juventus before they threw me out

The midfield playmaker says he was keen to join New York City
on his own terms before he was deemed unwanted in Turin.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4677/usa/2015/07/23/13820282/-?

Jul 23, 2015

Andrea Pirlo has explained that a desire to walk out of Serie A with his head held high was behind his summer move from Juventus to New York City.

The 36-year-old trained with his new team-mates – including David Villa – for the first time on Wednesday having signed a two-and-a-half-year deal on a free transfer earlier in July.

And the former AC Milan playmaker has revealed he did not want to be forced out of the Scudetto and Coppa Italia holders, which is why he chose an MLS move sooner rather than later.

"It was time to leave," Pirlo told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "The idea of not being the protagonist at Juventus affected my decision-making.

"I preferred to make the decision to walk out myself rather than wait for others to send me away.

David Villa ✔@Guaje7Villa
Primer entrenamiento con @Pirlo_official! @NYCFCEspanol
First training with @Pirlo_official!

"Even if we'd have won the Champions League final [which Juve lost 3-1 to Barcelona], I'd have left. I'd thought about it for a while. Certainly losing made me consider it more.

"New York City is a great challenge and I like new challenges. We're beginning from scratch here – this team didn't exist until around six months ago.

"It's a little like when I arrived at Juventus in 2011. We were essentially starting from scratch then, too. I had four fantastic seasons with a winning team that brought terrific results."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo ‘was always leaving’

http://www.football-italia.net/69581/pirlo-%E2%80%98was-always-leaving%E2%80%99?

Jul 23, 2015

Andrea Pirlo says he would’ve left Juventus ‘even if we won the Champions League’ as he didn’t want to give up his key player status.

The iconic midfielder joined MLS side New York City FC earlier this summer and reflected on a summer of change for himself and the Old Lady.

“I would’ve left Juve even if we won the Champions League,” he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“Of course, losing made me reflect a little more. I would’ve re-played certain important, difficult matches and after having won four league titles it was the right time to leave.

“The idea of no longer having the certainty of being a key player weighed on me a bit, absolutely.

“I possibly wouldn’t have felt great about myself. I preferred to decide to do this myself rather than others wanting me to leave.

“Juve will be a new and different team next year. The club is operating well, because some of the old players have left, including yours truly.

“But they’ve signed young guys, a demonstration that a serious and long-term project exists.

“Of course, the other teams have strengthened, but I think Juve are still the strongest team and the favourite for the Scudetto.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pirlo: Juventus Remain The Benchmark In Serie A

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/pirlo-juventus-remain-the-benchmark-in-serie-a/?

Aug 12, 2015

Former Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo believes that the reigning Serie A champions remain the benchmark in league despite their recent departures.

The Bianconeri are undergoing a new cycle of sorts following a summer which has seen the departure of stars the likes of Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal while successfully acquiring Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic to name a few.

Nevertheless, the midfield maestro is hopeful their Supercoppa success will lead to mroe silverware this season.

“I think and hope Juve will continue to dominate in Italy. They are stronger and more rejuvenated, so I hope succedss for another year awaits them. They are beginning a new cycle,” he told La Stampa.

“Juventus have started great. I’m happy that they have won the Super Cup, they clearly deserved it. Now I hope this will leave them in good stead heading into the championship.”

Pirlo also fielded questions about his time in the MLS, and has reiterated his desire to pull on the national jersey once again.

“The new experience is nice, but now we need to find the best position to get into shape,” Pirlo continued.

“I arrived and after three days I started playing. It’s not easy, you have to train a bit, because it takes a little preparation.

“I am available and I will try to be ready for Italy. Then it will be for the coach [Conte] to decide.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Pirlo confirms retirement

http://www.football-italia.net/112435/official-pirlo-confirms-retirement

Nov 6, 2017

Andrea Pirlo has officially confirmed his retirement, having played his final match for New York City FC last night.

The 38-year-old has played for Inter, Milan and Juventus among others, and won the World Cup with Italy in 2006.

“Last match in MLS,” Pirlo wrote on his Twitter profile.

“As my time in NYCFC comes to an end, I would like to say a few words. I want to thank everybody for the support they have shown me in this incredible city.

“Thank you to the amazing supporters, thank you to the coaching staff and thank you to everyone that works behind the scenes, thank you to my teammates.

“Not only my adventure in NY comes to an end, but my journey as a football player as well.

“That is why I would like to take the opportunity to thank my family and my children for the support and love that they always give me, every team that I had the honour to play for, every teammate I have been pleased to play alongside, all the people that made my career such incredible [sic].

“And last but not least, all the fans around the world that always showed me support. You will always be on my side and in my heart.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Football world pays tribute to Pirlo

http://www.football-italia.net/112438/football-world-pays-tribute-pirlo

Nov 6, 2017

The world of football has paid tribute to Andrea Pirlo, after he announced his retirement earlier today.

The 38-year-old has hung up his boots for the final time, after coming on as a late substitute for New York City FC in last night’s MLS play-off.

Former clubs, teammates and others have been quick to pay tribute to Pirlo, with former club Juventus calling him “a true genius of the beautiful game”.

Milan, another of his former clubs, recounted the trophies he won in Rossonero, before wishing him "all the best".

Ex England striker Gary Lineker described the midfielder as “peerless”, stating that Pirlo was “one of the great midfielders of his generation. A beautiful footballer”.

Andrea Pirlo has announced his retirement from football. One of the great midfielders of his generation. A beautiful footballer. #peerless

Bayern Munich paid tribute to his “incredible career”, while Monaco’s Stevan Jovetic posted a picture of himself playing against Pirlo, with the caption “legend”.

“Many people admired you doing incredible things with a football, things that are impossible for ordinary people,” wrote Leonardo Bonucci on Instagram.

“I had the luck of seeing you do them even with an American Football!! Thank you for making me and everybody else grow, and for teaching us how to play football.

“You were great, Maestro.”

Gianluigi Buffon also praised his former Italy and Juventus teammate, writing "those who have played with Andrea understand the true meaning of the word 'unique'".

Fabio Cannavaro, who captained Italy to the 2006 World Cup recounted a moment from the final against France.

"Listen, Fabio, if Grosso scores are we world champions?" Pirlo is said to have asked, to which Cannavaro replied in the affirmative.

The former centre-back finished by saying "it was an honour to have played and won with you".

Andrea:”Senti Fabio ma se Grosso fa gol, siamo campioni del mondo? Fabio:”Eh, sì” 

E’ stato un onore aver giocato e vinto con te!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo could return to Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/112464/pirlo-could-return-juventus

Nov 7, 2017

Andrea Pirlo could reportedly return to Juventus as an ambassador, or take a role with the Italy squad.

The legendary midfielder officially announced his retirement yesterday, having played his final match on Sunday night for New York City FC against Columbus Crew.

According to La Repubblica, Pirlo will now have a period of rest after which he’s almost certain to return to Italy.

The newspaper believes there’s an offer on the table from Juventus to act as a club ambassador, playing for the Juventus Legends team overseen by David Trezeguet.

However, the FIGC have also offered Pirlo the chance to accompany the Italy team to the World Cup, assuming they beat Sweden in the play-off.

Antonio Conte is also a big admirer of Pirlo and could offer him a place on his coaching staff, but it’s not clear if he’ll still be at Chelsea for next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gattuso: ‘Pirlo made me want to quit’

http://www.football-italia.net/112477/gattuso-‘pirlo-made-me-want-quit’

Nov 7, 2017

Gennaro Gattuso says watching Milan teammate Andrea Pirlo made him want to “change profession”.

The pair played together for Carlo Ancelotti’s Rossoneri, with Ringhio doing the leg work while his more creative teammate supplied the fantasy.

Following the latter’s retirement yesterday, Gattuso was asked on Radio 24 whether his work had made Pirlo better, and he scoffed at the suggestion.

“Don’t talk nonsense, let’s not confuse Nutella with s**t,” the Milan Primavera boss replied.

“When I saw him play it made me think I had to change profession. Nobody knows that better than me, because I started playing with him at Italy Under-15 level and then all the youth teams after that.

“It wasn’t only about his quality, but he was an animal covering 1000 metres, he had this athletic quality which is why he played until this age [38].

“He was someone who ran so much.

“I played with him for about 20 years when you consider the national youth teams, in difficult moments I just gave it to him, I always felt assured when I was next to him.

“I understood what I had to do, and he was taking care of the rest. He helped me much more in my career than I did him.

“In the dressing room? He’s a big son of a… with all due respect to his mother! He teased me for months, he was very funny. I punched him more times than Bud Spencer did Terrence Hill!”

Pirlo left the Rossoneri for Juventus in 2011, something some Milanisti have never forgiven him for.

“He was incredibly lucky to find a Juventus who weren’t in Europe and worked so hard with Antonio Conte.

“You know how Conte is, he’s a bad guy for a week but after that you start to feel good. Pirlo needed that, this work but strength in his legs and he got that desire back.

“In my opinion that was the secret.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Pirlo has hands for feet!’

http://www.football-italia.net/112482/evra-‘pirlo-has-hands-feet’

Nov 7, 2017

Patrice Evra describes former Juventus teammate Andrea Pirlo as “the only player with a hand in place of a foot”.

The midfielder announced his retirement yesterday, and this afternoon the French left-back has joined those from the world of football paying tribute to the 38-year-old.

“MAESTRO,” Evra wrote on his Instagram, accompanied by a picture of himself with Pirlo.

“You’re the only player I played with who has a hand in place of a foot. Truly a phenomenon.”

Evra of course signed off with his social media catchphrase “I love this game”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'Thank you all'

http://www.football-italia.net/112523/pirlo-thank-you-all

Nov 8, 2017

Andrea Pirlo sent a thank you message to football fans after hanging up his boots. “I would never have imagined” such a response.

The former Italy midfielder announced his retirement after New York City FC were eliminated from the MLS post season.

He took to his personal Twitter account to communicate with his supporters all over the world.

“I want to thank you all for the warmth and love that you showed me. I would never have imagined such an involvement. It made me very proud and happy. Once again THANK YOU!”

View image on Twitter

I want to thank you all for the warmth and love that you showed me. I would never have imagined such an involvement. It made me very proud and happy. Once again THANK YOU!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'I could become a Coach'

http://www.football-italia.net/112628/pirlo-i-could-become-coach

Nov 10, 2017

Andrea Pirlo hasn’t decided yet whether he’ll become a Coach or a director in future. “We’ll see if there’s a spark.”

The midfielder has hung up his boots after the final match with New York City FC in MLS.

“I will remain in New York until the end of the year, to help with the move and get the kids ready, then I’ll return to Italy and start a new journey,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia.

“I haven’t decided yet if I’ll become a Coach, as my ideas aren’t clear yet. I will certainly go to Coverciano and take the coaching course, then if there’s a spark, I will start working as a Coach, but we’ll see what happens.

“I’d like to be a director too, as I love to watch games, know about many leagues and follow young players. We will see.

“All the Coaches I worked with in my career deserve a great deal of credit. Mircea Lucescu put his faith in me when I was 15 years old. Gigi Simoni at Inter was important, Carlo Mazzone changed my position, then also Marcello Lippi, Carlo Ancelotti and Antonio Conte were fundamental.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Pirlo: Farewell to football

https://www.football-italia.net/121682/pirlos-top-five-free-kicks

May 21, 2018

Andrea Pirlo will bid farewell to football tonight, with a star-studded tribute game at San Siro.

World Cup winners Gigi Buffon, Alessandro Del Piero, Daniele De Rossi, Alessandro Nesta and Francesco Totti will all be taking part.

There will also be a host of foreign superstars, including Andriy Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Frank Lampard.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Inzaghi hat-trick in Pirlo testimonial

https://www.football-italia.net/121712/inzaghi-hat-trick-pirlo-testimonial

May 21, 2018

Filippo Inzaghi scored a late hat-trick to salvage the White Stars a 7-7 draw with the Blue Stars during Andrea Pirlo’s testimonial on Monday.

A star-studded selection of Pirlo’s teammates from Milan, Juventus, New York City and Italy assembled at San Siro for La Notte del Maestro, in a nod to the midfielder’s nickname.

Andriy Shevchenko opened the scoring almost immediately, before his Blue Stars took a 7-3 lead with 19 minutes still to play.

4Jw5Z4d.jpg

However, Inzaghi came into life in the latter stages, pulling back three goals in a sure sign that his goalscoring prowess hadn’t deserted him.

There was a touching moment with 10 minutes to spare, when Pirlo was replaced on the pitch by his son and Juve teen Niccoló, who also plays in the middle.

White Stars 7-7 Blue Stars

Pato 13, Vieri 32, Del Piero 41, Inzaghi 75, 79, 84, Matri 78 (WS) Shevchenko 1, 44, Quagliarella 6, Cassano 30, Cafu 35, Brocchi 47, Toni 71 (BS)

White Stars: Abbiati, Dida; Bonucci, Chiellini, Costacurta, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic, Zambrotta, Zanetti; Baronio, Camoranesi, Gattuso, Lampard, Leonardo, Pepe, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Verratti, Vidal; Baggio, Del Piero, Di Natale, Iaquinta, Inzaghi, Matri, Pato, Ronaldo, Totti, Vieri

Blue Stars: Buffon e Storari; Adani, Barzagli, Bonera, Cafu, Diana, Ferrara, Kaladze, Materazzi, Serginho; Pirlo, Albertini, Ambrosini, Brocchi, De Rossi, Diamanti, Marchisio, Perrotta, Seedorf; Borriello, Cassano, Quagliarella, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Tevez, Toni, Ventola

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Pirlo's daughter hit by car

https://www.football-italia.net/138652/pirlos-daughter-hit-car

May 28, 2019

Italy legend Andrea Pirlo’s 13-year-old daughter is fortunately not badly hurt after she was hit by a car in Turin today.

According to news agency Ansa and Turin-based newspaper La Stampa, the incident occurred this afternoon close to Piazza Vittorio.

Angela Pirlo was taken to the Regina Margherita hospital for tests, but was found to only have some bruising.

Pirlo is in Turin, as he took part in a charity match at the Juventus Stadium last night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Juve: Agnelli 'wants Pirlo back'

https://www.football-italia.net/139010/juve-agnelli-wants-pirlo-back

Jun 6, 2019

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli reportedly wants Andrea Pirlo to return to the club as a coach.

According to Tuttosport, Pirlo has been offered roles with Juve’s Under-23 and Primavera teams, both of whom have managerial vacancies.

Furthermore, he has been in ‘direct contact’ with prospective new Bianconeri boss Maurizio Sarri over forming part of the Coach’s backroom staff.

However, the ex-Italy midfielder could be kept on as a pundit by Sky for another year, the newspaper explaining he has no urgent plans of moving into coaching.

The 40-year-old won four Scudetti with the Old Lady before retiring from football in 2017.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti