Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Stephan Lichtsteiner

130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner future remains unclear

http://www.football-italia.net/97760/lichtsteiner-future-remains-unclear

Feb 1, 2017

The future of Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner remains unclear, as conflicting reports muddy the waters.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the 33-year-old right-back will renew his contract with the Bianconeri despite question marks over his performances this season.

The Swiss international was left out of Coach Max Allegri’s Champions League squad at the beginning of the season after Juve acquired Dani Alves from Barcelona.

Under contract until the summer, various other outlets report that Lichtsteiner will be allowed to leave as a free agent upon its expiration.

Having made 13 starts in the league this season, it may appear that the player is important in the club’s plans, but that perhaps does not paint a true picture of the situation.

Many of these appearances are as a result of the injury to Alves and performances have been described as error-prone.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner renews with Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/97815/lichtsteiner-renews-juventus

Feb 2, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner has extended his Juventus contract until June 2018, the club has officially announced.

The wing-back looked to be on the verge of leaving the Bianconeri earlier this season, and was left out of the Champions League squad.

It was assumed that the Swiss international would move on when his contract expired in the summer, but the 33-year-old has instead committed his future to the club for another 12 months.

“Juventus Football is pleased to announce that wing-back Stephan Lichtsteiner has renewed his Juventus contract until 30 June 2018 in a deal that will extend his black and white journey into at least its seventh year,” a statement announced.

“Lichtsteiner’s contributions over the past five and a half seasons have irrevocably rewritten the club’s history books, the Swiss defender one of six current Juve stars to have played a part in every one of the Old Lady's five consecutive league titles.

“Stephan has gone from strength to strength, making a further 161 appearances for the club, scoring 13 times and making 19 assists from open play, more than any other defender since the beginning of the 2011/12 season.

“And now, with at least another year and a half of service and the chance to become a true club legend on the way, the Swiss Express shows no signs of letting up.”

The announcement completes Lichtsteiner’s rehabilitation in the squad, as it was confirmed yesterday that he has been added to the Champions League list.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus fullback Stephan
Lichtsteiner extends contract through 2018

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/2/2/14483138/official-juventus

-stephan-lichtsteiner-extends-contract-through-2018-serie-a-team-news

Feb 2, 2017

It wasn’t so long ago that I spent a bit of time in a match preview talking about Stephan Lichtsteiner potentially playing his final game against his former club, Lazio, while a member of Juventus’ roster. His contract was just a handful of months from expiring, his relationship with the club was perceived to be nowhere near where it was 12 months earlier.

Well, the chance to get another game or two against Lazio while he’s a Juventus player looks like it’s gonna happen next season. Or at least the chance to have it happen, at the very least.

As has become customary over the last two months, as the clock struck noon in Italy meant Juventus was announcing a contract extension for one of its players. This time it was Lichtsteiner himself, who will be a Juve player for at least another season after extending his contract until the end of the 2017-18 season, adding his name to the now-long list of Juve players — as well as the manager — that will see their current contracts expire in about 18 months.

Another season in Bianconero for Lichtsteiner, you say? Obviously it’s just more opportunities to fire up a cigar or two and interview Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic after another Scudetto is signed, sealed and delivered.

Out of all of the contract extensions Juventus have announced in the last month or so, this seems like the most unlikely of the group. Daniele Rugani? Yeah, that seemed obvious. Stefano Sturaro? Okay, makes sense. Leonardo Bonucci? More of a certainty than even Rugani, the future of Juve’s defense. But Lichtsteiner? The same Lichtsteiner who looked like he could well leave during last summer’s transfer window? Odd.

Yet those issues between the Juventus hierarchy and the player himself have obviously been smoothed over and resolved. If there were still issues, he would have seen his contract expire come the end of June and then that would be that and he would be on his merry way.

So, yeah, color me surprised. But maybe it will turn out to be the good kind of surprised if he actually plays consistently well the next 18 months. A kind of surprised that even with his up and down form this season thinks there still could be a place for Lichtsteiner in some way or form over the next 18 months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus’ tricky right back question:
Dani Alves or Stephan Lichtsteiner?

Who should Max Allegri choose to start on the right

flank as the season enters its most crucial stage?

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/2/14/14600370/juventus-dani

-alves-stephan-lichtsteiner-right-back-debate-serie-a-champions-league

Feb 14, 2017

There was some controversy when Juventus signed right back Dani Alves from Barcelona on a free transfer this past summer. The Brazilian was seen by many as an offensive upgrade on the right flank, a piece that could help Juve reach their goal of conquering the UEFA Champions League. Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta looked to have kept up his streak of finding gold on the Bosman market.

But there was one small problem: Incumbent starter Stephan Lichtsteiner was still around. The situation at a position that for half a decade had been a rock suddenly became embroiled in controversy.

Lichtsteiner seemed to be on the losing end of the position battle until Juve’s 3-1 loss at Genoa on Nov. 27. Alves started that game as part of the back three, but was forced from the field 12 minutes from time after he broke his left leg. Suddenly, the only right back on the roster, Lichtsteiner, once again took the starting role, and his play has reminded everyone why he was so beloved in the first place.

With Alves now healed and the most important phase of the season ahead, coach Massimiliano Allegri has a big decision to make: Who is going to be Juventus’ starting right-back going forward?

Today, we’ll look over both players in depth to figure out who is the best player to hold down the right flank until the end of the season.

The Case for Lichtsteiner

Lichtsteiner has been so steady for the last five-and-a-half seasons that it’s been easy to forget the shambles that was the right back position before the team’s current run of success.

After Juve returned to top flight after the Calciopoli-enforced season in the wilderness of Serie B, Juventus entrusted the right flank to a flight of subpar players. The likes of Jonathan Zebina and Zdenek Grygera held the position for several years, and by the dark days of the Luigi Del Neri-led 2010-11 season, the majority of the starts were going to Marco Motta.

Marco Motta was a bad, bad man.

Stephan Lichtsteiner made the bad man go away.

Signed from Lazio for €10 million, Lichtsteiner was an instant upgrade from what the fans had endured in previous seasons. He was also the perfect player for Antonio Conte. He is tough as nails, physical, and runs forever. To make a door, the joke went, one merely needed to put Lichtsteiner in front of a wall and say “run,” then stand back until he broke through.

Garnering the nickname “The Swiss Express” for his relentless effort, Lichtsteiner came to embody the grinta that was instilled in the team by Conte. He has become one of the team’s talismans, one of only six players to have been part of all of Juve’s five consecutive scudetti.

Despite the media explosion about the possibility of an exit over the summer, Lichtsteiner remained with the team and, once his opportunity came, he took it. Shaky at first as he shook off the rust from extended periods on the sideline, Lichtsteiner has done a great job shoring up the right side, and the defense in general.

Juve have kept six clean sheets in the 10 games he’s played in over all competitions since Alves’ injury. The only time they have allowed more than one goal in Serie A since Genoa was the ugly loss at Fiorentina — a match Lichtsteiner missed due to a yellow card suspension. Compare that to Alves’ extended run as the starter early in the season, which also produced six clean sheets — over 13 games he played in.

Juve won the majority of those matches, but their propensity to bleed unnecessary goals early in the season always had the promise to become a major problem — as it did in the first half hour against Genoa.

Pit Lichtsteiner and Alves against each other as defenders and Alves may have an edge in counting stats. According to WhoScored.com, he averages 2.1 tackles and 1.8 interceptions per league match while Lichtsteiner tallies 1.5 and 0.5, respectively.

But Lichtsteiner, as his statistical history shows, has never been a volume tackler, despite his reputation for physicality. His defensive value comes from his sense of positioning and his ability to close down passing lanes before an opponent can use them. Alves may make more tackles, but off-ball defending is just as important if not more, and the Brazilian simply can’t approach his teammate in that regard.

With Lichtsteiner in the team, the back line has looked far more solid and has stopped bleeding goals, even after Allegri’s switch to his new hyper-offensive 4-2-3-1 formation. The solidity he offers at the back will be vital against the top-level teams Juve will meet if they go deep into the Champions League.

The Case for Dani Alves

Alves’ arrival was heralded by fans as a huge offensive upgrade.

Lichtsteiner’s industrious nature extends to the attacking phase. He is good at supporting down the wing and making himself available on overlaps, but his end product can sometimes be...lacking.

He’s supplied 14 assists since the beginning of the 2013-14 season, but he hasn’t averaged more than one completed cross per match since he was at Lazio, and his balls into the box end up wayward as often as they end up dangerous.

The arrival of Alves was expected to solve that problem. One of the main actors of Barcelona for the last eight years, he won the Champions League three times and was included in the FIFPRO World XI six times in his eight years at the Camp Nou.

At full form, Alves is indeed an offensive upgrade to Lichtsteiner. He averages 2.45 key passes between Serie A and the Champions League, as well as 2.35 completed crosses — numbers Lichtsteiner can’t come close to matching. Since the beginning of the 2014-15 season, he’s registered 19 assists between the two competitions — two of which have come in the Champions League this year. Lichtsteiner, by contrast, has only seven in that time frame.

That offense can mean the difference in a two-legged Champions League tie, especially with penalty box predators like Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic to aim for. Alves also showed good early chemistry combining with Paulo Dybala on the right side when the Argentine dynamo decides to roam to the wide areas. There is an unusual amount of parity among the top sides in the knockout stages this year, and the extra firepower Alves provides could be the difference between an early exit and a second deep run in three years.

The trade-off, as we’ve already discussed, is defense.

Alves has made his name as an offensive player. The tactics he played in at Barca, especially the extreme tiki-taka system of Pep Guardiola and his immediate successor Tito Vilanova, didn’t require Alves to shoulder anywhere near the defensive responsibilities he will have to at Juve, especially in European play.

He’s garnered criticism over the course of his career for neglecting his duties in his own end of the field, and he was one of the main culprits of Brazil’s defensive collapse when they were shelled by Germany semifinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. His lapses can create messes for his teammates to clean up, or lead to mistakes on his part — like the rugby tackle on Paul Pogba in the Champions League final two years ago that he somehow managed to get away with.

That said he’s playing on a team that has more than enough quality on defense to mitigate any damage — but only if he keeps his mistakes to an absolute minimum.

The Verdict

At the end of the day, Allegri could have far worse options in deciding who will start on the right side of the defense. Alves is an aggressive attacker who can cause havoc on the right wing. Should Allegri persist with his new attack-minded setup, he could add an even greater element of pressure on an opposing defense. That being said, his defensive deficiencies could leave Juve vulnerable — especially given the offense-heavy 4-2-3-1 that seems more and more like Allegri’s default going forward.

Lichtsteiner, on the other hand, provides competence on the attack and utter solidity in defense. His chemistry with the likes of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini — not to mention Gianluigi Buffon — is a critical element of a defense that he has helped to make one of Europe’s best over the last five-and-a-half years.

The choice comes down to augmenting the offense or tying down the defense. Offense may win games, but defense still wins trophies, regardless of what they say about the modern game. The fact that Lichtsteiner is back on the Champions League list and has extended his contract by a year seems to indicate that someone in the club’s front office was reminded of what Lichtsteiner can mean to the team over the last few months.

The team must soon think of the future of the right back position — Lichtsteiner and Alves will be 33 and 34 years old, respectively, by the end of the season — but that’s to be covered another day. In the now, Lichtsteiner is probably the best option to be the primary starter, while Alves provides any necessary attacking kick on an as-needed basis.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juventus dream of Champions League’

http://www.football-italia.net/100603/‘juventus-dream-champions-league’

Apr 3, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Stephan Lichtsteiner describes his “dream” of winning the Champions League with Juventus this season.

The Bianconeri face Barcelona in the Quarter-Finals of the competition, with the first leg to be played in Turin in April 11.

“We’re where we wanted to be earlier in the season,” Lichtsteiner told JTV.

“We’re in the Scudetto race, we can reach the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday and then we’ll play the Champions League Quarter-Final against Barcelona. It’s a very important month in which we’ll try to achieve all our goals.

“You have to play every opponent as if they were Barcelona, with the same pace and the same mentality. That’s what wins you trophies.

“We’ve won a lot of domestic trophies in recent years and now we, like the fans, want the Champions League.

“For a player it’s always a dream to win this trophy, we’re fired-up but first we have to think about Napoli, Chievo and Pescara. You keep your eye on every front.

“The draw? I knew what would happen even before it! When they won 6-1 against Paris Saint-Germain I was playing cards with my father and I told him: ‘see, now we’ll draw Barcelona!’.

“My dream is the Champions League, but also a sixth consecutive Scudetto. You always have to win at Juventus, with this shirt you don’t look back at what you’ve already won, it’s important to look ahead at the next titles to win.”

Lichtsteiner also reflected on last night’s draw with Napoli, with the sides to renew acquaintances for the second leg of their Coppa Italia Semi-Final on Wednesday.

“It’s true that every now and then we drop points, but you need to look at who it’s against. They’ve all been against hard teams, when you consider the games in Milan and Florence, but also in Naples.

“I think it was a very important point yesterday, we all agree that we didn’t play exactly as we wanted to, but we need to congratulate our opponents, who played an excellent match.

“We can see the point as a positive signal, maybe we were a bit under-par but we knew how to suffer together.

“The Coppa Italia? As mentioned, we’re facing a good opponent but we’re starting with an advantage [3-1].

“We’ll definitely need to get a goal to be a bit more relaxed against a Napoli who ran a lot yesterday and might not be able to play the same game they did yesterday.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: Juve problems, but…

http://www.football-italia.net/101943/lichtsteiner-juve-problems-but…

May 1, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Stephan Lichtsteiner admits “there were problems” with Juventus, but “we resolved them and I’m proud”.

Lichtsteiner reportedly tried to force a late move to one of Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Inter last summer, resulting in his exclusion from Juve’s Champions League squad, but the right-back has since been reinstated.

He told Blick: “What I thought of Alves’ arrival? That a top player had joined from Barcelona but one that could’ve been difficult for me because of the competition, but many other things happened. There were problems but never because of Dani.

“What happened? It's a story that I’ll always keep to myself. Only my closest colleagues and family know, besides myself.

“Juve rejected approaches from Chelsea, PSG and Inter?  I’m not talking about the past. There were no agreements with Juve.

“Like I said, there were many things that happened, which I won’t talk about.

“Being excluded from Juve’s Champions League squad? It was important to talk to Juve, I sat down with them and we resolved all our problems.

“I’m proud of how we resolved them. I have a contract here, I love the club and I came back stronger than before.

“I let the others talk and gave my response on the pitch.

“The summer? I feel good again. I’ve learnt not to think about [the future]. My family have a home in Turin and my children go to school in Turin. I don’t want to give those things up.

“China? I’ve never been to China. My wife and children need to stay calm.

“It was never the case to go to China, I don’t need money. I have enough to live a good life. Instead, America would be a new experience.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Juventus still believe despite Champions League

final loss' - Lichtsteiner upbeat after Madrid defeat

The Serie A giants saw their famously frugal defence picked apart by the Blancos

in Cardiff as they suffered a 4-1 drubbing on the grandest of stages

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/06/05/36126502/

juventus-still-believe-despite-champions-league-final-loss

Jun 5, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner says Juventus still believe they can win the Champions League despite losing a fifth consecutive final. 

Mario Mandzukic's stunning strike in Cardiff on Saturday was a mere consolation as Real Madrid won 4-1 to defend their title, foiling Juve at the final hurdle as the Serie A and Coppa Italia winners sought to claim the treble.

Lichtsteiner was an unused substitute and the defender insisted in a social media post that Juve can end their 21-year wait for another European crown.

"Dear Juventino," the Switzerland international wrote on Facebook. "I found myself in a moment of sadness and I decided to share some thoughts with you.

"Despite the many titles won in the past six years, despite the many beautiful and unique moments we shared together... there's still something missing, and I know I am not the only one who thinks so.

"In three years we have reached two Champions League finals, coming a step away from realising our dream. Close to the finish line. We Juventino now have wanted for over 20 years to bring home this cup. I personally have dreamed of it for 33 years.

"Losing again in the final... it really hurts... rather badly. And it is a very difficult time to deal with. Although we wrote a piece of unique history by winning six consecutive league titles, we are very down in the dumps! An immense frustration. 

"But, dear Juventino... even now, this makes us strong and we never give up! We will rebuild and sooner or later we will win this title too! We must continue to believe it! Until The End!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nice want Lichtsteiner?

http://www.football-italia.net/104752/nice-want-lichtsteiner

Jun 26, 2017

Nice’s search for a new right-back has reportedly taken them to Juventus’ Stephan Lichtsteiner.

According to Tuttosport, Nice are interested in Lichtsteiner’s “profile” and his contract status, given his current deal expires next summer.

The French side, who tied Mario Balotelli to an extension on Sunday, are preparing for a Champions League campaign and need a right-back after losing Ricardo Pereira to Porto.

However, the newspaper adds the Swiss is still in the Bianconeri’s plans and that his future does not depend on Dani Alves’ likely departure.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner wants Juventus stay

http://www.football-italia.net/104808/lichtsteiner-wants-juventus-stay

Jun 27, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner will reportedly stay with Juventus for one more season, before leaving on a free transfer.

The Swiss international looked set to leave last summer, but eventually signed a one-year contract extension which ties him to the club until 2018.

It was thought the 33-year-old might be moved on this year, but with Dani Alves set to terminate his contract, Tuttosport reports that Lichtsteiner will stay.

The right-back will look to win a seventh Scudetto in a row, before leaving Turin on a free transfer next summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner to stay at Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/108579/lichtsteiner-stay-juventus

Aug 22, 2017

Kwadwo Asamoah is reportedly set for Galatasaray, but Juventus have asked Stephan Lichtsteiner to stay.

The two full-backs have been linked with an exit, but a deal for Asamoah has been delayed by the situation with Leonardo Spinazzola.

Juve want to bring him back early from his loan, but Atalanta won’t release him until they’ve secured a replacement.

According to today’s Corriere dello Sport. Orobici are close to a deal for Genoa’s Diego Laxalt, so once he signs Spinazzola will be free to return to Turin.

That would then free Asamoah to move to Turkey, with a deal agreed for €7-8m.

The newspaper reports that Lichtsteiner will stay, however, despite the Swiss international having agreed a deal with Nice.

It’s thought the Bianconeri spoke to the right-back and he is now happy to remain in Turin for the final year of his contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: ‘CL exclusion a blow’

http://www.football-italia.net/109252/lichtsteiner-‘cl-exclusion-blow’

Sep 1, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner describes his omission from Juventus’ Champions League squad as “a hard blow”.

The Bianconeri announced their squad list for the first phase of the competition earlier today, and for the second season in a row the Swiss international was excluded.

“My exclusion from the Champions League list? This is obviously a hard blow and a huge disappointment,” Lichtsteiner wrote on his Instagram page.

“That’s life - the important thing is not how often you fall, but how many times you find the strength to get up, roll up your sleeves, keep fighting and never give up.

“Now, more than ever, I will keep on giving my all to honour this jersey!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Besiktas go for Lichtsteiner?

http://www.football-italia.net/109378/besiktas-go-lichtsteiner

Sep 4, 2017

Besiktas will reportedly make a late move for Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Besiktas are weighing up Lichtsteiner after his exclusion from Juve’s Champions League squad.

Consequently, the Turkish champions would have got in touch with the 33-year-old’s representatives over what it would take to sign him.

Lichtsteiner appeared destined for a bigger role in 2017-18 after Dani Alves’ exit, but the Bianconeri went on to bring in Mattia De Sciglio and Benedikt Howedes.

The transfer window in Turkey, meanwhile, does not shut until 22:00 BST on Friday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Besiktas press Juve for Lichtsteiner

http://www.football-italia.net/109434/besiktas-press-juve-lichtsteiner

Sep 5, 2017

Besiktas continue negotiations with Juventus for Stephan Lichtsteiner ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline.

The right-back’s current contract is due to run out at the end of this season and he was left out of the Champions League squad.

According to beIN Sports, the next 48 hours will be decisive for his future.

Besiktas have shown an interest and the Turkish transfer deadline isn’t until Friday evening.

Lichtsteiner’s playing time will be limited with the arrival of Mattia De Sciglio and Benedikt Howedes.

However, the Swiss international was in a very similar position a year ago, again left off the European list, and made his way back up the pecking order in the second half of the season when signing a new deal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner rejects Besiktas?

http://www.football-italia.net/109463/lichtsteiner-rejects-besiktas

Sep 6, 2017

Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner has reportedly turned down the chance to join Turkish champions Besiktas.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Lichtsteiner has decided to stay at Juve, despite his ineligibility for the Champions League group stage.

Nonetheless, the Swiss could leave the Bianconeri for nothing next summer as his contract has only a year left to run.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Rodriguez takes Switzerland to World Cup

http://www.football-italia.net/112727/rodriguez-takes-switzerland-world-cup

Nov 12, 2017

Milan defender Ricardo Rodriguez was decisive to book Switzerland’s spot in the 2018 World Cup against Northern Ireland.

Not only did Rodriguez convert the extremely controversial penalty that gave them a 1-0 victory in the first leg, but he also performed a last-gasp goal-line clearance to preserve the goalless draw in Basel.

Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner was also in action during the 0-0 this evening under pouring rain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner to leave in January?

http://www.football-italia.net/113073/lichtsteiner-leave-january

Nov 20, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner will reportedly be allowed to leave Juventus in January after an acceptance that his best days are behind him.

According to Calciomercato.com, Lichtsteiner’s recent performances have “confirmed his decline”, with his display in Sunday’s 3-2 defeat to Sampdoria ‘embarrassing’.

Consequently, the right-back’s time at Juve would be ‘over’ as Mattia De Sciglio and Benedikt Howedes are ready to stake their claims.

The veteran joined Juve from Lazio in 2011 and went on to win six Scudetti with the Bianconeri, but he has been absent from their last two Champions League squads.

Calciomercato adds “it was no coincidence that the door was left wide open for Lichtsteiner to leave until the last day of the summer transfer window.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner to return to Lazio?

http://www.football-italia.net/114276/lichtsteiner-return-lazio

Dec 14, 2017

Stephan Lichtsteiner could reportedly return to Lazio when his Juventus contract expires in the summer.

The Swiss international is not expected to be offered a renewal in Turin, and doesn’t appear interested in Valencia or Marseille.

However, Tuttomercatoweb believes he could make a return to the team he left to join the Bianconeri in 2011.

According to the website, Lazio are prepared to offer the veteran a two-year contract, taking him up to the age of 36 when it’s likely he’ll retire from football.

Lichtsteiner played over 100 games for the Aquile across three seasons, before moving to Juve and winning six Scudetti in a row.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marseille want Lichtsteiner early

http://www.football-italia.net/114362/marseille-want-lichtsteiner-early

Dec 16, 2017

Juventus could be tempted to part with Stephan Lichtsteiner in January, as Olympique Marseille are pushing hard for his signature.

The Swiss Express will be out of contract at the end of the season and is not even included in their Champions League squad list.

A new deal won’t be offered to him, but the departure could occur earlier than expected.

According to La Stampa newspaper, Marseille are pushing hard for Juventus to release Lichtsteiner in January.

The right-back turns 34 next month and has been in Turin since the summer of 2011, when he left Lazio.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner has Roma option?

http://www.football-italia.net/115100/lichtsteiner-has-roma-option

Jan 4, 2018

Roma are reportedly considering a move for Stephan Lichtsteiner, whose Juventus contract expires in the summer.

The Swiss defender has been with the Bianconeri for seven seasons, but it’s not expected he’ll be offered a contract extension.

Despite his past with Lazio, Corriere dello Sport believes that the Giallorossi are exploring the possibility of signing Lichtsteiner on a free transfer.

It wouldn’t be the first move of that kind, as they signed another former Aquile full-back, Aleksandar Kolarov, in the summer.

Any deal would have to be done in the summer though, as Juve won’t countenance selling to a rival in January.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve drop Höwedes for Lichtsteiner

https://www.football-italia.net/116041/report-juve-drop-howedes

Jan 23, 2018

Benedikt Howedes will reportedly be the player that makes way for Stephan Lichtsteiner in Juventus’ Champions League squad.

According to Premium Sport, this is because of the “several physical problems” that Howedes has been subjected to since arriving from Schalke last summer, limiting him to just one appearance.

Lichtsteiner, on the other hand, has gone on to make 16 for the Bianconeri this season and all-but-confirmed that he will be named in their Champions League squad for the knockout stages.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: My CL pain, the future...

https://www.football-italia.net/116611/lichtsteiner-my-cl-pain-future

Feb 2, 2018

Stephan Lichtsteiner admits being excluded from Juventus’ Champions League squad was “not nice” and that he “doesn’t know” what the future holds.

Lichtsteiner has spent the past six years at Juve, but his contract expires at the end of the season, while the right-back was only reinstated into Juve’s Champions League convocation for the knockout stages.

“We’re a team packed with quality and we have a big squad,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We have so many good players on the bench. When someone gets hurt, there are others who can go out on the pitch.

“Juve-Napoli? I don’t know if it’ll be decisive for the Scudetto. It only will be if both teams keep winning all their matches.

“Controversy about the calendar? I don’t think playing before or after makes a difference. It can be an advantage or a disadvantage, but all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

“We must keep putting pressure on our rivals. Excluded from Juve’s squad for the CL group stage? It’s not nice to sit out and watch your teammates play.

“I really missed the atmosphere of European competitions, but now I’m back and I want us to go as far possible.

“My contract? I’m always in touch with the club. I’ve been here for six years, but for now I only want to focus on the rest of the season.

“I’m going game by game. I’ll only be thinking about the pitch until June, but I don’t know what’ll happen after that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

Lichtsteiner: 'I'm leaving Juventus'

https://www.football-italia.net/120950/lichtsteiner-im-leaving-juventus

May 5, 2018

Stephan Lichtsteiner has announced he is leaving Juventus at the end of the season. “I need new challenges.”

The 34-year-old Swiss international came off the bench today for his 300th Serie A appearance in the 3-1 victory over Bologna.

In the mixed zone following the final whistle, he told reporters that his experience in Turin was coming to an end.

“These are my last 14 days at Juventus. I need new challenges and motivation.”

His contract is due to expire on June 30 and he has been with the Bianconeri since 2011.

Lichtsteiner will not remain in Serie A, having played for Lazio from 2008 to 2011.

“I have improved in my mentality. I didn’t know what it meant to play at Juventus when I arrived, as there is pressure and obsession for the victory,” he then told Sky Sport Italia.

“At Lazio we had to defend in the final third, here in midfield. My future will be outside of Italy. I won’t say where yet, as I haven’t signed.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

Lichtsteiner in Arsenal talks?

https://www.football-italia.net/121899/lichtsteiner-arsenal-talks

May 26, 2018

Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner is reportedly in talks over a free transfer to Arsenal.

According to The Guardian via renowned transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, Lichtsteiner could become the first signing made by new Arsenal boss Unai Emery.

The veteran will end his seven-year spell with Juve this summer, given his contract expires on June 30, but not before captaining Switzerland at the World Cup.

He had been previously linked with Borussia Dortmund, but the Germans are said to have switched their attentions to Sassuolo’s Pol Lirola.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

Lichtsteiner: ‘Arsenal deal not done’

https://www.football-italia.net/122392/lichtsteiner-‘arsenal-deal-not-done’

Jun 4, 2018

Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner insists “nothing is finished” with Arsenal, despite widespread rumours of a free transfer.

The Swiss full-back is leaving the Bianconeri when his contract expires on June 30, and is believed to be on the verge of joining the Gunners.

“Nothing is finished yet, no,” Lichtsteiner told Blick.

“I can’t comment on the negotiations, as long as nothing is completed anything can happen, that’s always interesting in football. I think we all know that.

“So there’s nothing new to say. The rumours don’t get to me, which is good.

“I know Italy very well, I know what gets said, written about and speculated upon. I’m used to it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: Arsenal sign Lichtsteiner

https://www.football-italia.net/122477/official-arsenal-sign-lichtsteiner

Jun 5, 2018

Arsenal have officially signed right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus on a free transfer.

A statement on Arsenal’s official website confirms Lichtsteiner will become Unai Emery’s first signing and wear their No 12 jersey from July 1, ‘subject to the completion of regulatory processes’.

“Stephan brings huge experience and leadership to our squad,” Emery told the Gunners’ official website.

“He’s a player with great quality with a very positive and determined attitude. Stephan will improve us on and off the pitch.”

Lichsteiner moved to Italy with Lazio in 2008 and won both the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa before joining Juve three years later.

The 34-year-old won the Scudetto in each of his seven seasons with the Bianconeri, as well as four domestic doubles, and will represent Switzerland at this summer’s World Cup.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti