Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Kwadwo Asamoah

130725 messaggi

logo.png

Asamoah hails 'Juve team spirit'

Aug 11, 2012

Kwadwo Asamoah scored a sensational volley and praised the “team spirit” as Juventus beat Napoli in Beijing.

The former Udinese midfielder netted in the 4-2 Italian Super Cup victory in extra time and was named Man of the Match.

“We played a very difficult game, as Napoli are a side to be respected and not a ‘normal’ team.

“We didn’t give up in the first half when trailing 2-1, fought back and then scored twice in extra time.

“This showed the team spirit. The first day I arrived at this side, the Coach said everyone helps each other and we cannot give up.”

Antonio Conte was in the stands due to a 10-month ban in the betting trial, replaced by Massimo Carrera on the bench.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo_ghanaweb.gif

Asamoah contributes to Juventus victory

Sep 23, 2012

Midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah put in another solid performance as Juventus beat Chievo 2:0 in the Seria A.

Asamoah, 23, contributed to the second goal, cutting in from the left flank before laying the pass on for Fabio Quagliarella who scored his second goal of the game in the 68th minute.

The former Udinese midfielder produced a wonderful dipping drive that was pushed out by the Chievo goalie Sorrentino earlier in the game.

It was business as usual for the Ghanaian international who was lively on the left flank causing many problems for Chievo. But the day belonged to striker Fabio Quagliarella who scored two classy goals.

Asamoah has had a remarkable start to life at the “Old Lady” after he inspired his side to a 3:1 victory over Genoa,- he won a penalty before wrapping up victory with a the third goal after he came on as a substitute last week.

The victory keeps Juventus on top of the league table after securing their fourth straight league victory.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Kwadwo Asamoah shines again in Juventus' Serie A victory

Sep 23, 2012

Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah was the star-man for Juventus who coasted to a comfortable 2-0 victory over Chievo Verona at the Juventus Arena on Saturday.

The 23-year-old set up his former Udinese team-mate Fabio Quagliarella for the Old Ladies’ second goal with a measure of artistry.

Asamoah produced a deft cut to go past two Chievo defenders on the left wing before laying an accurate pass for Quagliarella who forced his effort past Sorrentino in the 68th minute.

The Black Stars midfielder who has netted twice since joining the Bianconeris in August lasted the entire duration of the game.

Juventus have maintained their perfect record in the Serie A; winning all four of their opening games.

Black Stars new boy Isaac Cofie warmed the Chievo Verona bench.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Ghana and Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah

in European All Star Team of the Week

Sep 27, 2012

Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah is among the best eleven players in the five top leagues of Europe, a respected football statistics agency has reported.

The Juventus playmaker is in the all star team of the week based on WhoScored ratings over Europe’s top 5 leagues from the weekend of the 21-24 September, 2012.

Kwadwo was namend because of his outstanding performance for Juventus in the Italian Serie A over the weekend.

Among some of the top players named in the all star team is PSG duo of Ibrahimovic and Nene.

The Ghanaian has been in terrific shape since moving from Udinese to Juventus over the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Boakye: Juventus star Kwadwo Asamoah is Africa's best player

Oct 7, 2012

Italy-based striker Richmond Boakye Yiadom says Juventus star Kwadwo Asamoah must be named the 2012 African Player of the Year.

Asamoah has been in an outstanding form since joining the Italian giants from rivals Udinese in the summer.

He handed Juventus the Italian Super Cup when he scored in his debut for and has since been rated among the best in weekly matches in Europe.

His performances have been noted by CAF who have named him among the 34 players nominated for the 2012 African Player of the Year.

Boakye, who played with Asamoah at Juventus before he was loaned out to Serie B side Sassuolo, says Asamoah deserves to be named the best player in Africa.

“If we talk about the five best players in Africa now I will definitely say Kwadwo is the best and there is no doubt about the talent he possesses,” Boakye said.

“I know him really well and I can tell you for a fact that he is a player who is very much committed to his football.

”Ghana is lucky to have a player like Kwadwo and the Black Stars will go places with him.”Asamoah was named as Africa’s best young player by CAF.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Kwadwo Asamoah scores classy goal in Juventus heavy win

Nov 10, 2012

Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah scored a wonderful overhead kick for Juventus as they mauled Pescara 6-1 in the Italian Serie A on Saturday.

This was a game Juventus were always going to win but the magnitude of the victory was however unexpected.

Arturo Vidal and Fabio Quagliarella put the ‘Old Ladies’ 2-0 ahead before Emmanuel Cascione halved the deficit for the visitors in the 25th minute.

Asamoah then restored Juvents’ 2-0 advantage by adding the third on the half hour mark.

His former Udinese team-mate Quagliarella, lobbed a ball inside the box for him to sensationally volley home.

Sebastian Giovinco added the third before Quagliarella scored twice to complete his hat-trick for the night.

This is Asamoah’s third goal for the club since joining them from Udinese.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Asamoah: Juventus must keep fighting to the end

The Ghana international has voiced his opinion that the Bianconeri will have

to keep on giving their all in order to challenge for the Scudetto.

Nov 14, 2012

Kwadwo Asamoah has stressed that Juventus cannot afford to rest on their laurels if they are to be successful in the 2012-13 campaign.

The reigning champions went four points clear of second-placed Inter this weekend following their 6-1 win over Pescara and their rivals' 3-2 loss against Atalanta, but Asamoah has insisted they have not achieved anything yet.

"It was a good result against Pescara, but it hasn’t changed anything as far as the dressing room atmosphere is concerned," Asamoah stated at a Juventus Club Doc fan evening in Rivara.

"We’ve begun well and taken many points from our start to the season, but there are still plenty of games to play.

"We need to hang in there, fighting all the way to the end."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Kwadwo Asamoah ready to play in any position for Juventus

Nov 14, 2012

Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah says he is willing to play in any position for the club.

The 23-year-old Asamoah, who joined from Udinese in the summer, marked his debut with a superb strike in Juve’s 4-2 Super Cup triumph over Napoli back in August.

Asamoah was initially brought in to provide cover for the central midfield trio of Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio, but the Ghana international has made his mark on the left side of midfield.

It’s a position he feels more than comfortable in, although Asamoah is keen to stress that he will play wherever manager Antonio Conte and his assistant Angelo Alessio want him.

“The manager liked what he saw in that game and from there we’ve gone on in the same way. I’m prepared to play in any position,” Asamoah said on the club’s website.

Asamoah is quickly winning over fans of the current Serie A champions. His recent displays include a spectacular overhead kick in the 6-1 win over Pescara last Saturday.

“It was a good result, but it hasn’t changed anything as far as the dressing room atmosphere is concerned,” he said.

“We’ve begun well and taken many points from our start to the season, but there are still plenty of games to play and we need to hang in there, fighting all the way to the end.”

Juve currently lead Serie A after 12 rounds with 31 points which is four better than rivals Inter Milan in second.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah making the difference

As Juventus go from strength to strength, Alex Mott explains why

Kwadwo Asamoah is the reason behind their dominance this season..

Nov 24, 2012

The 2011-12 Serie A season was an historic one for Juventus. After the nadir of the Calciopoli scandal in 2006, last term was vindication for six years of ridicule and hard work.

A succession of Coaches have come and gone since then, some good and some bad, but with Antonio Conte in charge, it was hard for Bianconeri fans to remember a time Juve dominated Italian football the way they did for the entirety of that season.

The Turin giants didn't so much beat sides last term as pulverised them. 4-0 wins over Roma and Novara, plus a 5-0 victory against Fiorentina that confirmed their Scudetto credentials. It wasn't the high-scoring games that impressed fans and pundits alike though. What was most unnerving for the rest of the peninsula was the way they could dominate a game for start to finish. Of the 38 matches they played in 2011-12, 17 of them were won by a one or two goal deficit – and not once did they look like losing.

It was hard to see then how they could improve on that monumental campaign, but with 13 Serie A games gone and a Champions League group stage almost complete, it seems they may just have done that with the addition of Kwadwo Asamoah.

The Ghana international joined the club from Udinese over the summer in a co-ownership deal. The fact that Conte's side fought off Manchester United tells you a lot about the quality of the 23-year-old, but with his performances so far this term, it could be argued that he is now a lynchpin to the Old Lady.

Alongside Stephan Lichtsteiner on the right-flank, Asamoah has made the left wing-back position his own and turned their 3-5-2 formation into a fluid and free-flowing tactical system.

Fabio Capello called it 'a step back' for the Italian game, but as they proved on Tuesday against reigning European champions Chelsea, Juve have turned the formation into an entirely positive one – giving width and defensive stability all at the same time.

Asamoah has been given the task of doing all these things at once, but instead of shrinking in the high-pressure environment of Turin, he has prospered into one of the best wide-men in Europe.

His pace, agility, natural fitness and decision-making have seen him lay on six assists already for his teammates, and score two goals at Genoa and Pescara. Replacing Paolo De Ceglie in the position has been a massive positive for the Bianconeri, and has made them genuine contenders at home and abroad.

We've seen all too often the difficulty with juggling a domestic and European campaign. Manchester City haven't been able to make it out of the group for the past two years, Borussia Dortmund were felled by Arsenal and Marseille last season. And yet, Juventus are close to doing it, thanks to the extra dimension offered to them by Asamoah.

Fans and media outlets clamour over the majesty of Andrea Pirlo, the warrior heart of Arturo Vidal and the home-grown talents of Claudio Marchisio, and rightly so. But for my money, the person who has really made La Vecchia Signora tick this season has been the youngster from Africa, pounding down the wing.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ghana call Serie A stars

Dec 13, 2012

Milan don’t have to worry about losing Sulley Muntari for the African Cup of Nations, but Ghana call Juventus and Udinese stars.

There were concerns that Muntari’s comeback six months after surgery would see him waltz off almost immediately for the tournament in January and February.

However, he is not included in the squad list for Ghana, so can act as a replacement for Nigel De Jong.

There are other Serie A players called up for Ghana, such as Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah and Udinese’s Emmanuel Agyemang Badu.

Sassuolo striker Richmond Boakye is also included.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah on new Juventus role

Dec 27, 2012

Kwadwo Asamoah has admitted that he had difficulties adapting to a new role at Italian champions Juventus.

The Ghanaian was accustomed to playing in central midfield, but he’s been converted to a left wing-back by Antonio Conte following his summer switch from Udinese.

“It wasn’t easy when I first joined Juventus,” he told TV3. “I was used to playing my football in another position.

“But now I play on the wing in defence and in attack.”

Asamoah has been a success in Turin so far and, thanks to 25 appearances, he’s been used more than any other player by the Old Lady this term.

“The secret behind my success? Training,” he continued. “We work hard at Juve and that allowed me to adapt to my best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah open to left-back role

Jan 21, 2013

Juventus’ Kwadwo Asamoah says he has no problem in being used as a left-back for Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Asamoah has been converted from a central midfielder to a left-sided wing-back in Turin this season, but he’s now being used by his country in defence.

“I can play in many positions and if the Coach has decided to play me at left-back, I have no problem with it,” the summer signing from Udinese told GNA Sports.

“I play according to the Coach’s instructions and tactics. Overall, I am very comfortable playing at left-back.”

Ghana drew 2-2 with the Democratic Republic of Congo on Sunday after going 2-0 up with a goal from Asamoah.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve want Ghana to release Asamoah

Feb 7, 2013

Juventus are hoping to have Kwadwo Asamoah back from the African Cup of Nations for the clash with Celtic in the Champions League.

The 24-year-old was part of the Ghana side that lost to Burkina Faso on Wednesday evening in the semi-finals of the competition.

But the Black Stars still have one more game to play in South Africa, as they face Mali in the third-place play-off in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.

According to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport though, the Bianconeri are pressing the Ghana Football Association not to play the midfielder as they want him back for the trip to Glasgow.

Juve travel to Celtic Park to play Neil Lennon's men on Tuesday February 12.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Alexis Sanchez would fit in well at Juventus, says Asamoah

The Ghana international would welcome the winger with open arms

if they were to be reunited at the Old Lady next season.

Feb 28, 2013

Kwadwo Asamoah believes that Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez would be a good signing for Juventus amid ongoing speculation that the Chile international could be on his way to Turin this summer.

The Chile international has struggled for consistency since joining the Catalans from Udinese in the summer of 2011, and was heavily linked with a move to Juve in the winter transfer window.

The Bianconeri are allegedly still interested in the 24-year-old, and Asamoah would welcome his former Zebrette team-mate with open arms at the reigning Serie A champions.

"Alexis is a player with great qualities. He is incredibly quick," Asamoah was quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport.

"He could give us a helping hand if he were to make the move to Juventus."

Sanchez has a contract with Barcelona until June 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus keen to take up €9 million Asamoah option

The Serie A leaders plan to take permanent ownership of the Ghana midfielder,

and want another campaign of co-ownership with Mauricio Isla.

Mar 27, 2013

EXCLUSIVE

By Romeo Agresti

Juventus are keen to seal a deal to take full ownership of midfielder Kwawdo Asamoah at the end of the season, Goal.com understands.

The Ghana international is currently co-owned by both Udinese and the Serie A leaders, but Bianconeri coach Antonio Conte is planning on taking up the option to sign the player on a permanent basis for an additional €9 million fee.

The Italian champions also want to extend their co-ownership deal with Zebrette for versatile Chile international Mauricio Isla, as they remain reticent to pay another €9m to secure the 24-year-old's signature permanently.

It is understood that the Udinese owners, the Pozzo family, would be happy to acquiesce to Juventus’ offer for Asamoah, with the family enjoying a good working relationship with the board at Juve.

Udinese are also thought to be keen to generate funds this summer as they look to rebuild the squad ahead of the 2013/14 season.

Isla and Asamoah both initially moved to Juventus Stadium in the summer of 2012.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah returning to best

Apr 22, 2013

Kwadwo Asamoah has admitted that his form in the second half of the season for Juventus was affected by the Africa Cup of Nations.

AMAZONIAN

The 24-year-old was part of the Ghana side that reached the semi-finals of the competition at the start of 2013.

“I had a lot of problems after coming back from that tournament,” the 24-year-old noted. “My physical and mental energy was hit.

“However, I’m now returning to my levels and I’m happy.”

AMAZONIAN

Asamoah was signed from Udinese in the summer on a co-ownership deal and the central midfielder has been used as a left wing-back by Antonio Conte.

“I now play on the flank and I’m happy there, I’m used to it now,” he continued. “I’m content because I am now a more complete player seeing as I can be used in two different positions.”

Asamoah won the penalty in last night’s 1-0 win over Milan which Arturo Vidal slotted home.

AMAZONIAN

“The penalty changed the game,” he added. “It was a tough contest, especially in the first half because we didn’t manage to play our usual game.

“We got better after the restart and managed to break the deadlock and record a crucial victory.

AMAZONIAN

“There are still five games left and we want to finish the championship season on a high.

“For me it would be amazing to win the Scudetto, it would be my first and something that’s very important to me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus sign Asamoah

Jun 19, 2012

Kwadwo Asamoah now totally belongs to Juventus, while the Old Lady have renewed their co-ownership of Mauricio Isla with Udinese.

AMAZONIAN

The Turin giants signed a 50 per cent share in each player last summer from the Stadio Friuli outfit, but with differing results.

Asamoah impressed in a left wing-back role and he has today been signed outright at a cost of €9m. The international’s contract in Turin ends in 2017.

Isla, meanwhile, struggled for regular action after returning from knee injury so his co-ownership has been extended for a further 12 months.

AMAZONIAN

However, the Chilean international’s future is unclear as he is a known transfer target for Inter.

Meanwhile, Cristian Pasquato will remain in Udine after his co-ownership was also renewed by the two clubs.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

logo.png

Kwadwo Asamoah is delighted to be fully owned by Juventus

Jun 19, 2013

Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah is delighted with his absolute capture as a fully-owned Juventus player.

AMAZONIAN

The 24-year-old has had his co-ownership deal from Udinese at the start of the just ended campaign turned into a full-ownership deal following an impressive first year with the Old Lady.

Asamoah has been a hit since signing for Antonio Conte’s side before the start of last season, making 27 league appearances and scoring two goals.

His more than satisfactory performance has seen the Italian move quickly to fully secure his economic rights.

AMAZONIAN

Juventus will pay an extra nine million euros as the cost of their full-ownership deal for the Ghana international.

And the former Liberty Professionals couldn’t hide his delight at the news he now a fully-owned property of the Bianconeri.

“Very proud to confirm that I am 100% Bianconero today,” Asamoah Tweeted.

AMAZONIAN

“Hungry for more success with our Old Lady.

Juventus however refused to trigger a similar deal for Mauricio Isla who also moved alongside Asamoah in the original co-ownership deal last summer.

Their preference of the Ghana international underlines the importance attached to the midfield enforcer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Official: Juventus purchase Asamoah for €9m

The co-ownership deal with Udinese has been terminated,
while a deal regarding Mauricio Isla has been renewed.

279582_heroa.jpg

Jun 19, 2013

Juventus have announced that they have ended the co-ownership deal for Kwadwo Asamoah and have purchased the midfielder for €9 million.

AMAZONIAN

The Old Lady bought 50 per cent of the midfielder's contract from their Serie A rivals in the summer of 2012 in a deal also worth €9m and have now chosen to buy out the remaining half.

With the deal between clubs complete, the Ghanaian has signed a four-year deal which is set to keep him at the Juventus Stadium until June 30, 2017.

AMAZONIAN

Asamoah, 24, has played 27 games for Juve and scored twice en route to the first Scudetto of his career.

Antonio Conte's side's negotiations with Udinese also involved renewing two co-ownerships deal which began last season: Mauricio Isla will spend 2013-14 in Turin while Cristian Pasquato will remain at the Zebrettes.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah: Juve are stronger

Jul 8, 2013

Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah believes that the Bianconeri are ready to go to the next level.

AMAZONIAN

Having signed Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente this summer, the Ghana international is confident that the club can win their third title.

“Yes, I am convinced Juve are getting stronger,” he told Tuttosport. “The third successive title is what we want.

AMAZONIAN

“I am desperate to stay at Juve and play next season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Asamoah: Juve gunning for third straight title

The Ghana international is desperate to stay at the Bianconeri and grab a third successive Scudetto.

Jul 8, 2013

Kwadwo Asamoah says Juventus are targeting a hat-trick of successive Serie A titles and are evolving as a team under Antonio Conte.

AMAZONIAN

The Bianconeri celebrated back-to-back league crowns after finishing nine points clear of second-placed Napoli last season.

Asamoah has sent a word of warning to Juve's domestic rivals suggesting the summer signings of forwards Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente from Manchester City and Athletic Bilbao respectively, have further strengthened Conte's squad.

AMAZONIAN

"I am convinced Juve are getting stronger," he told Tuttosport. "The third successive title is what we want. "I am desperate to stay at Juve and play next season."

The 24-year-old featured on 27 occasions in Serie A last season, contributing two goals and eight assists.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Asamoah sets sights on Juventus clean sweep

The Ghana international is hopeful the Serie A champions can add European glory
to their domestic triumph after bolstering their squad with the likes of Carlos Tevez.

Jul 15, 2013

Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah is determined to fight for a domestic and European clean sweep of trophies in the coming season.

AMAZONIAN

The Bianconeri successfully defended their Serie A crown last term and reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, but Asamoah is confident they can add further titles to the Scudetto in 2013-14.

"We are working hard in order to do well and get as far as possible in Serie A and in the Champions League," the 24-year-old told reporters.

"Not to mention the Super Cup [against Lazio on August 18], which will be our first trophy to win."

AMAZONIAN

Antonio Conte's side have alredy strengthened their squad with the signings of Carlos Tevez, Angelo Ogbonna and Fernando Llorente this summer, and Asamoah feels such investment will pay dividends come the business end of the season.

"We have three new strong and experienced companions, and if we work well together, never giving up, we can achieve our goals," the Ghana international added.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

New Juve trio delight Asamoah

Jul 15, 2013

Kwadwo Asamoah is confident for the season ahead after Juventus brought in three big-name players this summer.

AMAZONIAN

The Old Lady, winners of the last two Scudetti, have looked to strengthen by netting strikers Carlos Tevez, Fernando Llorente and defender Angelo Ogbonna.

“We’ve brought in three excellent signings and if we work well together, without ever giving in, we’ll be able to enjoy a good season,” the 25-year-old noted.

“We’ll give our all to do well in both Serie A and the Champions League, without forgetting our first target, the Italian Super Cup [against Lazio on August 18].

AMAZONIAN

“We’re working hard in pre-season and it’s inevitable you’ll feel an element of fatigue, but we knew that already after last year. After all, this is precisely where our strength comes from – the hard work we put in during training.”

Asked specifically about Italian international Ogbonna following his move from Torino, the former Udinese man was full of praise.

“I already knew Ogbonna and saw many of his games last season. He’s a fine player, he’s not just good as a defender, but also intelligent with the ball at his feet.”

AMAZONIAN

Asamoah was used as a left wing-back last season, but he’s unconcerned by his positioning in the new campaign.

“Where I play is decided by the Coach. I’m ready to play in any position – even in attack! I’ll do what he says. I can play in the middle or on the flank in midfield. It makes no difference to me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Asamoah: Juventus want Champions League glory

The Ghana international is determined to improve the Bianconeri's fortunes
in Europe and has praised new signings Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez.

Jul 31, 2013

Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah is full of ambition ahead of the 2013-14 campaign and has set his sights on Champions League glory with the Turin giants.

AMAZONIAN

The Serie A champions made it to the quarter-finals of last year's edition of the competition before being knocked out by Bayern Munich, and the midfielder is determined to do even better this term.

"I think with everything that we've done this off-season, adding new players, increasing our training methods, our expectations are very high," Asamoah told Goal in a phone interview.

"We want to be the top team in the championship of Italy again and we want to do better in the Champions League. I think that's our main objective this season."

AMAZONIAN

Asamoah then went on to praise Juventus' midfield, while he also hailed the arrival of strike duo Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez, who movedto Turin this summer.

"Our midfield is very young and it's not only about [playing pretty] football. We want to fight when we lose the ball and are very strong without it, too.

"Tevez and Llorente are very good and well experienced and we're very happy to have them on our team now. They are going to help us do well in the league and also in the Champions League."

AMAZONIAN

Juventus are in San Francisco preparing for their first match of the Guinness International Champions Cup against Everton and Asamoah hopes this event will show where the team has improved ahead of the new season.

"Some great champions from tough leagues are coming to play so it will show us where we have to be," he added.

"Playing against teams like this is very good because it will show you a lot of things, what you have to do [to improve], so it's good thing for us right before the season."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130725 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah: Juve on right road

Aug 1, 2013

Kwadwo Asamoah is happy with Juventus’ pre-season progress despite the friendly loss to Everton.

AMAZONIAN

The Old Lady drew 1-1 with the Premiership club earlier today before being beaten 6-5 after a penalty shoot-out.

“The work we’ve been doing is paying off,” the Ghana international noted. “I feel good, but neither I nor the team are still at 100 per cent.”

AMAZONIAN

The former Udinese player made an impact in the tie, also thanks to a wonderful 80th minute strike which levelled the game.

“It was a nice goal,” he admitted. “The ball arrived at my left foot and I didn’t think twice about shooting.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YFHVsDgzQMg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti