Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Kwadwo Asamoah

130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Kwadwo Asamoah returns in Juventus victory

The Ghana star returned to the Old Lady after being sidelined by injury to give

a boost to the Black Stars ahead of next month’s World Cup qualifier.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4622/africa/2016/10/27/28891622/

kwadwo-asamoah-returns-in-juventus-victory?

Oct 27, 2016

Kwadwo Asamoah came on for the remaining eight minutes of Juventus’ victory at home against Sampdoria in Serie A on Wednesday night.

The Ghana midfielder had been out with a knee injury since September 24 after picking up the knock in a game against Palermo, and had a successful surgery in Barcelona, Spain that was expected to keep him away for 45 days.

However, the 27-year-old made early recovery which enabled him to be included in Wednesday’s game at the Juventus Stadium where his side ran riot, winning 4-1 with goals from Mario Mandzukic, Miralem Pjanic and a brace from defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri sent Asamoah on for Miralem Pjanic on 82 minutes as the midfielder got a good enough work out that should give him the needed confidence to challenge for a starting place when they welcome Napoli on Saturday.

Asamoah’s return to action would be great news for Ghana coach Avram Grant who needs his best legs to be fit for the Black Stars’ 2018 World Cup qualifying game against Egypt in Alexandria on November 13.

Forward Andre Ayew also returned to action for West Ham in their 2-1 defeat of Chelsea in the EFL Cup on Wednesday night.

Thrown into the thick of things in the second half, Ayew saw a header just go wide in his attempt to increase his side’s lead.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Just how strong is fit-again Kwadwo Asamoah?

The Ghana midfielder held his own in Juventus’ win against Pescara on

Saturday night as he seems to have put behind a prolonged injury crisis.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4622/africa/2016/11/20/

29701352/just-how-strong-is-fit-again-kwadwo-asamoah?

Nov 20, 2016

Coach Masimiliano Allegri thought Ghana midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah was strong enough to handle the rigours of a full game as Juventus welcomed Pescara to Turin on Saturday night.

After weeks of being injured, which resulted in the playmaker missing the Black Stars’ important trip to Alexandria last weekend, the 27-year-old looked very capable as he played the entire 90 minutes.

Juventus defeated Pescara 3-0 with goals from Sami Khedira, Mario Mandzukic and Hernanes for a comfortable win that took them seven points ahead of Roma, who play on Sunday.

Ghana badly needed the services of Asabob last weekend as they fell 2-0 to Egypt in World Cup qualifying, leaving them with just one point and without a goal in Group A.

The midfielder has not played for the Black Stars since the 2015 Nations Cup qualifying campaign, and could have provided some creativity in the middle of the pack for coach Avram Grant’s men, who were outplayed at the Borg El Arab Stadium.

However, his prolonged injury spell has kept him out of both club and country over the last several months. He was expected to be out for 45 days after a knee sprain against Palermo in September, but made a quick recovery only to be sidelined once again after injuring himself after coming on as a late substitute against Sampdoria.

Playing a full game against Pescara proves he’s in top shape again and Ghana selectors will hope he remains healthy throughout the year as they plan to challenge for the title in January’s Africa Cup of Nations.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Ghana without Asamoah and Schlupp for Africa Cup of Nations

The Juventus forward was reported to have made himself unavailable for the

tournament in Gabon, while the Leicester man has been overlooked.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/international-football/2017/01/02/31078612/-

Jan 2, 2017

Juventus attacker Kwadwo Asamoah will not join up with Ghana for the Africa Cup of Nations, with coach Avram Grant excluding him from his provisional 26-man squad on Monday.

Asamoah was reported to have made himself unavailable last month following his comeback from a knee injury and his absence was confirmed by Grant.

Leicester City's Jeffrey Schlupp is also missing from the squad, while Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari - thought to have been asked to be considered - were also not included.

Boateng and Muntari were also omitted in 2015 after being sent home from the 2014 World Cup and suspended over alleged indiscipline.

Star names Asamoah Gyan and Andre Ayew did make the cut and are joined by a trio of uncapped youngsters.

Midfielders Ebenezer Ofori and Joseph Larweh Attamah could make their first international appearances at the tournament in Gabon, as could Austria Lustenau striker Raphael Dwamena.

Ghana have been drawn in Group D alongside Mali, Egypt and Uganda, who provide the opposition for the Black Stars' opener on January 17.

Ghana squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Razak Braimah (Cordoba), Adam Kwarasey (Rosenborg) Richard Ofori (Wa All Stars).

Defenders: Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht), Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew), John Boye (Sivasspor), Jonathan Mensah (Anzhi), Baba Rahman (Schalke), Andy Yiadom (Barnsley).

Midfielders: Afriyie Acquah (Torino), Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese), Daniel Amartey (Leicester City), Christian Atsu (Newcastle United), Joseph Larweh Attamah (Basaksehir), Edwin Gyimah (Orlando Pirates), Ebenezer Ofori (AIK Stockholm), Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid), Samuel Tetteh (Leifering), Mubarak Wakaso (Panathinaikos).

Forwards: Ebenezer Assifuah (Sion), Andre Ayew (West Ham), Jordan Ayew (Aston Villa), Rahpael Dwamena (Austria Lustenau), Asamoah Gyan (Al Ahli), Bernard Tekpetey (Schalke), Abdul-Majeed Waris (Lorient).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah: ‘Missing AFCON for Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/96643/asamoah-‘missing-afcon-juventus’

Jan 9, 2017

Kwadwo Asamoah admits “it was hard give up” the Africa Cup of Nations but “I wanted to stay and help Juventus”.

The Ghanaian was expected to miss January due to the tournament, but opted not to accept a call-up for the Black Stars.

“It was hard to give up,” Asamoah admitted in an interview with JTV.

“The Coach [Avram Grant] and the President of the Federation [Kwesi Nyantakyi] called me many times, and I told them how much I’d have liked to go.

“I’ve had a lot of problems over the last two years though and right now I need to train and play as much as possible.

“I’m glad, because I wanted to stay here, work, and help the team.”

Juve are looking to win the Champions League this season, but Asamoah warns the Old Lady can’t afford to be distracted.

“There will be time for the Champions League, but in the meantime there’s the League which is different than usual because so many teams are doing well like Roma, Napoli and Milan.

“The Coppa Italia? We’re facing a top team [Atalanta] who are having a great season and play a lot of Italians.

“It won’t be easy, but our objective is to reach the final again this year, and we’ll face them with the utmost concentration.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Asamoah could renew at Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/101729/‘asamoah-could-renew-juventus’

Apr 27, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Kwadwo Asamoah could renew his Juventus contract, according to the player’s agent.

The Ghanaian full-back, who can also play in midfield, is out of contract at the end of next season, and missed a large part of the last two seasons with persistent knee problems.

However, he has managed 18 starts for the Bianconeri this season, and his representative says he could even extend his stay in Turin.

“He’s happy, because he’s finally getting better and playing more,” Federico Pastorello told Tuttosport.

“I won’t rule out that he could renew.”

Pastorello also represents Patrice Evra, who left the Old Lady in January in favour of a switch to Marseille.

“Patrice was the first to know that Juventus would fight for the Champions League. He made a personal choice and he doesn’t regret it; at 35 he needed to be a leader on the pitch and not just in the dressing room.

“He’s so connected to them that I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in Cardiff cheering for Juve if they were to make the final. Maybe he’ll also start taking Coaching notes.

“Trust me, Patrice will be a top Coach.

“Monaco-Juventus? The Bianconeri are favourites, but they need to make sure they don’t underestimate Monaco. That’s what [Manchester] City did and they went out.”

Another of the agent’s clients is Alex Meret, who has been linked with a move to Juve…

“All the big clubs are following him, but Juve’s precedent with [Paul] Pogba and [Paulo] Dybala definitely intrigues the lad.

“Juve have won with a solid base of ‘veterans’ but also young talents.

“Let’s make sure he finishes the season well with Spal, then I think Udinese want to keep him for a year in Serie A.

“These are all hypotheses though, you can’t rule-out anything in football.

“Is Gigio Donnarumma a Modigliani? I’ll leave artistic comparisons to Mino [Raiola, his agent]… I’ll just say that Donnarumma and Meret will guarantee Italy a calm future post-Buffon.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Galatasaray want Bacca and Asamoah

http://www.football-italia.net/103214/galatasaray-want-bacca-and-asamoah

May 27, 2017

Galatasaray are planning a summer swoop for Milan striker Carlos Bacca and versatile Juventus man Kwadwo Asamoah.

Asamoah is still only 28 years old, although he has been at Juventus since the summer of 2012.

He recovered from serious injury problems to play a role this season, giving two assists in 23 competitive games for the Bianconeri.

The Ghana international is mainly used as a left-back at Juve, although his primary position at Udinese was of midfielder.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Trabzonspor want Asamoah too

http://www.football-italia.net/104680/trabzonspor-want-asamoah-too

Jun 24, 2017

Kwadwo Asamoah is again attracting interest from Turkey, as the Juventus wing-back is wanted by Trabzonspor.

The Ghana international had also been linked with Galatasaray this summer.

According to Ghanasoccer.net, the 28-year-old has now received a proposal from Trabzonspor to start a new stage of his career in Turkey.

However, Asamoah hopes to remain at Juventus, where his versatility makes him a valuable figure.

His playing time has been severely limited of late due to persistent injury problems.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Kwadwo Asamoah to join Galatasaray?

http://www.juvefc.com/kwadwo-asamoah-join-galatasaray/

Aug 7, 2017

Reports in Italy suggest that Juventus midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah could be on the verge of joining Galatasaray.

The 28-year-old has been a fringe player for much of the last two seasons having sustained a recurring knee injury that kept him on the side-lines and reduced his role to a substitute.

Reports suggest that personal terms have already been agreed between club and player, leaving only a few details to be finalised.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus hold firm on Asamoah

http://www.football-italia.net/107343/juventus-hold-firm-asamoah

Aug 7, 2017

Reports in Italy join those in Turkey saying Galatasaray want Kwadwo Asamoah, but Juventus are reluctant to sell.

It was reported last week that the Istanbul giants were keen to sign the Ghanaian, who joined from Udinese in 2012.

Now Gianluca Di Marzio’s website is stating that they have substantiated those rumours, but that the Bianconeri are not keen to sell.

Asamoah is seen as a key member of the squad due to his versatility, given he can play left-back, left wing-back or in central midfield.

There will still be a meeting with the player’s representatives to confirm he’s happy to remain in Turin, but Juve are clear that they don’t want to sell.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah drops Galatasaray hints

http://www.football-italia.net/108221/asamoah-drops-galatasaray-hints

Aug 15, 2017

Kwadwo Asamoah dropped a hint on social media that he is ready to leave Juventus for Galatasaray amid growing reports.

Although Sky Sport Italia insist the full-back is not for sale, Mediaset Premium are confident he is moving ever closer to a Turkish transfer.

With these stories circulating, Bianconeri fans contacted the Ghana international via his Twitter account and his replies certainly did not deny the Galatasaray link.

He sent smiles to one user who offered to “meet you in Istanbul already” and “thank you” to another who wished him good luck.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent: 'Asamoah wants Galatasaray'

http://www.football-italia.net/109032/agent-asamoah-wants-galatasaray

Aug 30, 2017

Kwadwo Asamoah “wants to join Galatasaray, but Juventus can’t find a replacement,” confirmed his agent.

It has long been reported that the clubs and player agreed basic terms, but the Bianconeri wouldn’t sell until they had brought in his heir.

That was supposed to be Leonardo Spinazzola, who is technically still owned by Juve, but Atalanta are refusing to interrupt the two-year loan deal early.

“He wants to join Galatasaray, but Juve can’t find a replacement,” agent Federico Pastorello told Sportitalia.

“With the Spinazzola situation stuck, it’s unlikely they’ll let him go.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Galatasaray won’t sign Asamoah’

http://www.football-italia.net/112567/‘galatasaray-won’t-sign-asamoah’

Nov 9, 2017

Galatasaray’s sporting director admits “we can’t sign Kwadwo Asamoah in January”, despite summer interest in the Juventus man.

The Ghanaian is out of contract at the end of the season, and the Turkish side tried to sign him in the summer.

However, there are new restrictions in the Super Lig governing foreign players and Gala have already exceeded their quota.

“We can’t take Asamoah in January, because of the new rule that limits foreign transfers in Turkey,” Cenk Ergun is quoted as saying by Haberturk.

Asamoah has played five games in Serie A so far this season, providing an assist in the win over Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah ‘looking forward’ to Gala

http://www.football-italia.net/112748/asamoah-‘looking-forward’-gala

Nov 13, 2017

Juventus’ Kwadwo Asamoah admits he is “looking forward” to becoming a Galatasaray player after affirming “I won’t go back on giving them my word.”

Asamoah saw a proposed transfer to Gala break down towards the end of the summer, but the defender-midfielder is out of contract next year, and he suggested a move to Cimbom was still on the cards.

“We agreed on everything over the summer,” he is quoted by TuttoJuve as telling the Turkish Press.

“After drawn-out negotiations, I made the best decision for myself. I gave my word to Galatasaray and I won’t go back on it.

“I picked them for the role they gave me in their team and what they offered me.

“Now I’m thinking about Juve, but Galatasaray are important to me and I’m following all their games with great interest.

“Their football is promising and I look forward to becoming a part of this team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve ‘deny Asamoah remarks’

http://www.football-italia.net/112750/juve-‘deny-asamoah-remarks’

Nov 13, 2017

Juventus have reportedly denied Kwadwo Asamoah’s remarks about him “giving his word” to Galatasaray over a transfer.

Asamoah was thought to have given an interview to the Turkish Press, where he suggested he was still “looking forward” to joining Gala, even after his proposed move fell through.

However, Calciomercato.com and Goal.com claim to have been told by Juve’s Press office that the Ghanaian never spoke to the Turkish media.

Nonetheless, he has played just five times for the Bianconeri this season and will be out of contract next summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah: ‘Only winning counts’

https://www.football-italia.net/116095/asamoah-‘only-winning-counts’

Jan 24, 2018

Kwadwo Asamoah shrugs off criticism of Juventus’ style - “if you play well but don’t win in the end, it counts for nothing”.

The Bianconeri are battling with Napoli for the Scudetto, but while Maurizio Sarri’s side have been praised for their flowing football, the champions are seen as more functional.

“In the end what counts is winning,” Asamoah shrugged, speaking to Sky.

“If you play well but don’t win in the end, it counts for nothing. These criticisms don’t bother us, the important thing is for us to get results and to win in the end, that’s what counts.

“We know Napoli won’t give up, they’ve dropped very few points, but we’re here to win and you weigh things up at the end.

“The quality of your play is important, but the most important thing is to win, scoring as early as possible as we’ve often done this season, because that makes games easier to deal with.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah to leave Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/116095/asamoah-‘only-winning-counts’

Jan 25, 2018

Kwadwo Asamoah has reportedly decided not to renew his Juventus contract, with Roma and Inter monitoring the situation.

The Ghanaian international is out of contract at the end of the current season, having joined the Bianconeri in 2012.

This morning’s Tuttosport reports that he has decided not to extend his contract in Turin, so he can leave on a free transfer after June 30.

Galatasaray, who tried to sign Asamoah in the summer, would be a logical destination but Roma and Inter are also thought to be interested.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Inter in for Asamoah?

https://www.football-italia.net/117613/inter-asamoah

Feb 23, 2018

Inter are reportedly interested in Juventus full-back Kwadwo Asamoah, who will be a free agent at the end of the season.

The Ghanaian has been with the Bianconeri since 2012, but his contract expires on June 30 and so far there has been no sign of a renewal.

Galatasaray were heavily linked with him last summer, but this morning’s Corriere dello Sport believes the Nerazzurri are also an option.

The fact Asamoah would arrive on a free transfer is attractive for the Beneamata, as it wouldn't affect their Financial Fair Play situation.

Dalbert hasn’t impressed since his move from Nice, but allowing him to alternate with the Juve man next season could aid his development, with Asamoah also able to play left wing-back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Asamoah ‘agrees terms’ with Inter

https://www.football-italia.net/118999/asamoah-‘agrees-terms’-inter

Mar 25, 2018

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Kwadwo Asamoah will join Inter after rejecting the chance to stay at Juventus.

The 29-year-old has made 20 appearances so far this season but has refused to commit to a new contract with the Old Lady.

His current deal expires at the end of this season, leaving him free to depart the club for nothing in the summer.

Juve CEO Beppe Marotta is said to have conceded defeat in his efforts to keep Asamoah and it is understood the full-back will receive no further contract offers from the Serie A champions.

And according to the Italian daily, the Ghanaian’s next destination will be the Bianconeri’s rivals Inter.

Asamoah is said to have agreed a three-year contract at the San Siro which will see him earn wages of €3.5m a season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Asamoah: 'No decision yet'

https://www.football-italia.net/121409/asamoah-no-decision-yet

May 15, 2018

Kwadwo Asamoah told Ghanaian radio he hasn’t had a medical with Inter and is still deciding whether to “renew my contract” with Juventus.

The versatile wing-back and midfielder will be a free agent from July 1 and has been heavily linked with Inter, as Sky Sport Italia even claimed he’d had his medical tests.

“I read the rumours on social media, but I can state that nothing is done and I am still a Juventus player,” Asamoah told Ghanaian radio Atinka FM.

“At the moment I can decide to renew my contract or join a new team. I’m still thinking it through before making a decision.

"A lot of clubs from England and Turkey have tabled offers for me but I don't move just because Chelsea wants me or a club in Turkey called. I'm very comfortable at Juve so I never want to make a move to regret later."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Asamoah confirms Juve exit

https://www.football-italia.net/121524/asamoah-confirms-juve-exit

May 18, 2018

Inter target Kwadwo Asamoah has confirmed that he will leave Juventus this summer.

Explaining the reasons for his departure in an open letter on Twitter, Asamoah revealed it was ‘purely to the interest of his family’ that he called time on his six-year spell with Juve, amidst speculation that he will join Inter once his contract expires next month.

“Neither words nor actions could express the difficulty in taking this decision because I’m immensely proud of my time here,” began the defender-midfielder in a Twitter post.

“Every single person at the club will forever have a special place in my heart, from the Coaches to my teammates, through to the staff and most importantly the wonderful and vociferous fans.

“Even though Juventus offered me a new contract, I humbly and respectfully opted to commit myself to a club elsewhere.

“It’ll be unbearably austere to play against Juventus in the future, but I had to make this commitment, purely to the interest of my family, and it’s my hope and wish that the fans would understand and accept this decision.

“I played with legends and some of the best players in the world, in a golden Juventus generation, and will miss them all.

“To the two great Coaches I worked under – Massimiliano Allegri and Antonio Conte – and their support staff, I say ‘thank you’ for making me a better player.

“Management acquired my services with a fortune from Udinese and I can’t thank them enough for positively changing my life.

“The unflinching emotional support I received from the fans, even in my worst injury times, was so amazing that I feel deep love for this club and will forever appreciate the kindness shown to me.”

The Ghanaian, 29, has gone on to make 156 appearances for the champions since arriving from Udinese in 2012, despite two serious knee injuries.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: Inter sign Asamoah & De Vrij

https://www.football-italia.net/123889/official-inter-sign-asamoah-de-vrij

Jul 2, 2018

Inter have officially signed Kwadwo Asamoah and Stefan de Vrij from Juventus and Lazio respectively.

A statement on Lega Serie A’s official website confirms Asamoah put pen to paper with Inter on May 17.

The Ghanaian, who can play anywhere down the left or in central midfield, joins Inter on a free transfer, having decided against signing a new contract with Juve.

Asamoah made 156 appearances in a six-year spell with the Bianconeri, but injuries limited his impact towards the end of his spell.

De Vrij’s Bosman arrival from Lazio has also been formalised by the Lega, the Dutch centre-back committing himself to the Nerazzurri until 2023.

Contrary to reports, however, he penned his deal on March 29 and not in the lead-up to Inter’s Champions League decider against the Aquile on the final day of last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Juventus thank Asamoah

https://www.football-italia.net/123902/juventus-thank-asamoah

Jul 2, 2018

Juventus pay tribute to “unmovable and invaluable” Kwadwo Asamoah, as his transfer to Inter is officially confirmed.

It has been known for some time that the Ghanaian was moving to San Siro, with his contract having expired on Saturday.

Today that transfer was officially confirmed, and Juve have paid tribute to the departing left-back.

“Six years, six Scudetti and four Coppe Italia,” the message on the Bianconeri’s website begins.

“What an extraordinary, trophy-filled time it was for Kwadwo Asamoah as a Bianconero as he, today, officially departs the club.

“A literally tireless worker with remarkable tactical versatility, Asa played 149 matches in all competitions - the second-most among current Juventus midfielders behind Claudio Marchisio - while providing 5 goals and 16 assists.  

“A mainstay of the Juventus left side, the numbers tell quite a tale. Asamoah has played over 8,000 passes in almost 12,000 minutes in Bianconero creating 150 scoring opportunities and 288 crosses.

“However, it's trophies that truly matter, and Asamoah will forever have his fair share with six league titles, three Super Cups and four Coppa Italias. Also, in 2013 he was nominated for Ghanian player of the year.

“Year after year, Asa has proven to be an unmovable and invaluable piece of the #MY7H-ical squad and everyone at Juventus thanks Asa for his many dedicated years of service to the club wishing him all the best in the future.”

Asamoah has signed a three-year contract with Inter.

DgyHcl8X4AAwdtt?format=jpg&name=small

13 cup's in six immense seasons.

Thank you, @asabob20

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti