Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Massimiliano Allegri

130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Juventus need wingers’

http://www.football-italia.net/104132/allegri-‘juventus-need-wingers’

Jun 14, 2017

Max Allegri says Juventus “have to give continuity” to the 4-2-3-1, and the squad is “complete, apart from up-front”.

The Bianconeri have been linked with the likes of Angel Di Maria, Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa, and the Coach appears to confirm a winger is the main summer target.

“We need to try and give continuity to this system of play we started four months ago,” Allegri explained to Sky.

“So we’ll see which players to take. Then there are some players we could take and it’s not said that we can change.

“I’d say at the moment, in terms of numbers, the squad is complete apart from up-front.

“You have to think about those who will leave and be replaced though, but this club is so good that they’ll consider it in the best way.

“At the moment we’ve brought home important results in Italy and in Europe. Unfortunately we didn’t take home [European] trophies but we’ll try to do it in the coming years.

“I think Juventus will have the squad this year to play another great Champions League.”

Allegri has said that he believes the coming season will be more difficult the last, and he explained his reasoning.

“This year everyone will want to beat us, and we’ll need to have great motivation to ensure we aren’t beaten.

“Inter already had a very competitive squad last season, and this year they’ve changed Coach. [Luciano] Spalletti already showed how good a Coach he is at Roma, and he’ll be an added value for Inter.

“I think Juventus and Napoli are a bit ahead of the others, but I’d say that Inter will re-enter the fight for the Scudetto, just like Milan who are doing great things.

“Roma will surely confirm the squad they had last year, so they’ll more or less be aiming for what they were last year.”

Gianluigi Buffon confirmed this week that he’s 99 per cent certain to retire after the 2018 World Cup, and the Juve Coach was asked about that.

“Gigi is a very good and intelligent lad and he’ll definitely have a great future,” Allegri said.

“He just has to decide what he wants to do. The important thing is that he plays as a goalkeeper in the best way, as he’s always done so far.

“He’s still the best in the world and he’ll prove it again this year, because he’s going into his last World Cup and he’ll need to prepare in the best way.

“To prepare in the best way, he’ll have to do it for Juventus.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Allegri: 'Six straight Scudettos

cannot be cancelled by Cardiff'

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3143703/massimiliano-allegri-

considered-quitting-juventus-after-ucl-final-loss-to-real-madrid

Jun 14, 2017

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has admitted he considered quitting after losing the Champions League final, but he is now more motivated than ever to face what he expects to be his most challenging years yet.

Allegri has led Juve to three straight Serie A and Coppa Italia doubles, but defeat in two Champions League finals over the past three years left him wondering whether he had taken the club as far as he could.

After a meeting with his Bianconeri bosses, he was convinced not to walk away but instead to aim to raise the bar even higher next season, when he expects a much tighter race for the Serie A title.

"It's true, people were saying that I would have left if we had won, but if anything it was more likely that I would have left after we had lost," he told Sky Sport Italia. "More than anything, I had to look within myself to try to see how I could start over again in the best way after this, because it's going to be a much harder season.

"After three seasons in which we have won the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia three times, reached the Champions League final and won the Supercoppa, there is the risk of there being a crash, but then -- quickly -- I decided and spoke with the club, and we have all that we need to play a great season. It's going to be another challenge within a challenge, but we want to improve our football even more.

"I can understand the disappointment at losing two finals within three years, but you've also got to be able to see the glass half full: six straight Scudettos cannot be cancelled by Cardiff."

Juve will go in search of a seventh straight Serie A title, but Allegri sees the gap between his side and the chasing pack reducing, even more so now that both AC Milan and Inter Milan are strengthening their squads.

"Juventus and Napoli are ahead of the rest, but Inter, Milan and Roma are all in the running," added Allegri, who insists he "never spoke to or made any promises with any other club" about taking charge next season, despite his brief period of reflection following the 4-1 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League final.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Verratti will stay at PSG’

http://www.football-italia.net/104174/allegri-‘verratti-will-stay-psg’

Jun 15, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri calls Marco Verratti a "great player" but “I think he’ll stay at Paris Saint-Germain”.

The Italian international is being linked with a move away from the Ligue 1 side, with Barcelona thought to be in pole position for his signature.

Verratti grew up as a Juventino, so the Bianconeri have also been linked, but their Coach believes he’ll stay at the Parc des Princes.

“He’s a great player,” Allegri acknowledged, speaking to Corriere dello Sport.

“He’s a PSG player though, and I think he’ll stay in Paris.”

Wojciech Szczesny is expected to sign for the Old Lady this summer, but Allegri says no deal has yet been agreed.

“It’s not done! When I’m back, Juve will have signed players to improve the team. Juve are at such a high level now that there aren’t many champions on that level.

“To move forward we have to find those players who will complete us in the areas where we are weakest.”

Finally, the Coach was asked about the disastrous second half performance in the Champions League final, with his side losing 4-1 after a fine first half.

“We couldn’t pass the ball anymore in the second half,” Allegri lamented.

“In that quarter of an hour we had three or four situations where, with a little more calm, we’d have been in front of their goalkeeper. Instead…

“What happened at half-time? Mandzukic was there ‘operating’ on his ankle and Pjanic was lying down and couldn’t get back into it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri on where Juve went wrong

http://www.football-italia.net/104712/allegri-where-juve-went-wrong

Jun 25, 2017

Max Allegri explained his plan for the Champions League Final against Real Madrid and why Juventus faltered at the last hurdle.

The Bianconeri were beaten 4-1 in Cardiff with a very poor second half performance, going into the break level at 1-1.

“The idea was to be leading at half-time, or at least get into a leading position by the hour mark,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“When we beat Real Madrid two years ago, that was a very different season, as we had more options and could change the game in the second half.

“This term we started with one style of football, then changed and the four in front used up a huge amount of energy for months.

“I hadn’t taken into account that Marko Pjaca could get injured, as he was improving and a player who, above all in Europe in a knock-out match, can make the difference.

“Not having Pjaca available, I had to push the other four harder and in the end some of them paid for that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Bonucci decision was right’

http://www.football-italia.net/104780/allegri-‘bonucci-decision-was-right’

Jun 26, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri says it was “right” to exclude Leonardo Bonucci against Porto.

The centre-back was seen disrespecting the tactician on the pitch, and as a result he was sent to the stands for the Champions League Last 16 first leg.

“At that particular moment it was the right thing to do,” Allegri said in an interview with Sky.

“There are times when you should turn a blind eye and times when you have to have your eyes wide open and in that moment Leo was wrong.

“I was wrong too, and in fact I punished myself and Leo was left out. It was an important and decisive game and even if we’d lost we’d have had the strength to win 10 more.

“We played a good game against Porto and then after two days Bonucci came back, because he’s an important player, an extraordinary player and above all he has to understand that he’ll be the future leader of the Juventus dressing room.”

Allegri also returned to the subject of the Champions League final, which saw his side beaten 4-1 by Real Madrid in Cardiff.

“The 2-1 and 3-1 being so close together really affected us. After Ronaldo’s first goal we regrouped and kept pushing.

“It’s a game which will serve as a lesson for us, especially in terms of managing games.

“You can’t play the whole game at 100 miles an hour, and we couldn’t think of playing the second half in the same way as the first because we’d pushed a lot in the first half.

“So we need to have more mastery of the game and know the rhythms better.

“If I could go back? I’d have made two or three changes at the start of the second half, but that was impossible because when you play a final there’s always the prospect of extra time.

“[Miralem] Pjanic had a knee problem and [Mario] Mandzukic’s knee was swelling, so I sent them back onto the pitch hoping the match would go a certain way and we could handle them for 20 minutes.

“They were already on top in the last five minutes of the first half.

“For the first 40 minutes we’d stopped them, they were afraid of conceding and then in the second half they saw we were in more trouble and they pounced on us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Didn’t try to keep Pogba…’

http://www.football-italia.net/104929/allegri-‘didn’t-try-keep-pogba…’

Jun 29, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri admits he “did nothing” to try to keep Paul Pogba - “when the club told me the numbers…”

The French midfielder left the Bianconeri last summer to return to Manchester United, with the English club paying €105m plus another €5m in bonuses.

Allegri has given an interview to Sky about his career, and following his words about Leonardo Bonucci and the Champions League final, he spoke about his arrival in Turin and transfers.

“I was helping my daughter move from Milan,” Allegri recalled when asked about being appointed.

“It was at a time when I seemed to be destined for the national team. At five I got a call saying the President [Andrea Agnelli] wanted to talk to me. Then I saw a message saying Antonio Conte had resigned and I understood.

“I was happy, because I thought there was a lot more the team could do, particularly in Europe.

“Conte did well, but the credit goes to everyone, starting with the club, because it’s hard for a Coach to do it all himself.

“The hostile reception? The fans were rightly tied to Conte because he’s got them back to winning, I analysed the squad in a calm manner.”

Then after his first season Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal were all sold…

“Tevez and Pirlo made a choice, Vidal was a market opportunity that Juventus decided to exploit, along with me. The year after was different.

“All three years were different, the first year we just had to grow in Europe without disturbing anything.

“Then in the second year with 10 new players, the veterans didn’t recognise the dressing room, it took time to start again in a different way.

“I didn’t ask for Gonzalo Higuain, but I did give directions and I said it was necessary to improve.

“Pogba or Paulo Dybala? Dybala’s game is easier on the eye, but Pogba is extraordinary because he has physicality and technique.

“I did nothing to keep Pogba, also because when the club told me the numbers…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘No need for new defender’

http://www.football-italia.net/106136/allegri-‘no-need-new-defender’

Jul 22, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri isn’t in a rush to replace Leo Bonucci - “we’re good the way we are”.

The centre-back joined Milan earlier this month in a shock €42m move, having won the League with the Bianconeri for six years in a row.

On Friday evening at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey; Allegri and new signing Mattia De Sciglio, who was officially presented, spoke to the media ahead of the International Champions Cup match with Barcelona.

Football Italia's Matthew Santangelo was live at the press conference, and asked the Juventus boss whether Bonucci’s departure would see a new face arrive in defence.

"I feel comfortable with a defence of four defenders,” Allegri replied.

“We have a solid squad. If there is the possibility with our mercato to strengthen our club, then fantastic. But if not, then we are good the way we are."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Allegri: Lot of untruths said since Cardiff

Highlights from manager’s press conference in New York

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/7/22/16013570/max-allegri-

managers-pre-match-press-conference-barcelona-international-champions-cup

Jul 22, 2017

Juventus are in the United States kicking off a preseason tour with a game against Barcelona on Saturday, and the press conference was also an official unveiling for new fullback Mattia De Sciglio as well as manager Massimiliano Allegri finally venting some simmering thoughts about how the previous season ended and the summer has gone.

Speaking about the preseason programme that will see the Bianconeri take on the Blaugrana, Paris St. Germain and AS Roma, Allegri said -

“These are very big matches for our club. At the end of the day this team should’ve celebrated the fantastic successes we had winning the Scudetto and Coppa Italia and I’m disappointed we didn’t celebrate those the way they deserve to be celebrated because of what happened in Cardiff.

“A lot of untruths have been written or said since Cardiff, discrediting our incredible season."

With Juve’s rivals spending freely in the summer transfer window, what were his thoughts on the title defence?

“This coming season is not going to be easier. Milan has strengthened it’s club with a big amount of acquisitions as have Napoli and Roma.

“We look forward to implementing the same attitude and mentality of winning another Scudetto and going into the new season with even more drive to pick up where we left off in Cardiff.”

He went on speak a little about the formations he’s going to be looking at this coming season -

"We'll play with 4 in defence. We're looking good, but we might bolster our backline further this window.

"We could well play with three men in midfield when the Serie A season gets underway."

That defence will need an addition following the acrimonious departure of Leonardo Bonucci, with Allegri brushing him off saying -

"Bonucci? As often happens in football, players can feel the need to get a change of scene."

In case you were wondering what Allegri’s frame of mind was going into this new season, he’s all business and ready to launch another Scudetto campaign. Forza Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'A month to improve Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/106880/allegri-month-improve-juve

Jul 29, 2017

Max Allegri launches Douglas Costa against Roma, but tells Juventus more is needed. “We have a month to further improve the squad.”

The all-Serie A clash for the International Champions Cup is in Boston on Sunday.

“We’ve worked well and so far it has been a good pre-season tour,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“We’re coming off two days of intensive training work, so I will evaluate if someone needs a breather. This is an important test and a tough training session as we prepare for the Italian Super Cup.”

That will be against Coppa Italia Finalists Lazio in Rome on August 13.

“There is still a month to go, so we’ve got time to work on our transfer objectives. Was I promised a midfielder? The rapport with the club is so solid that I don’t need to be made promises.”

The Bianconeri have sold Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves, but brought in Federico Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa.

“Bernardeschi is an important signing, an exuberant player who has brought great enthusiasm. Douglas Costa will play one half tomorrow – I haven’t decided yet if it’s the first or the second.

“We’ve got everything we need to experience an important campaign and there’s a month for us to further improve the squad. To be honest, I’d be happier if the transfer deadline was July 31, as it’d be easier to prepare for the season.

“This is going to be an intriguing Serie A season, because all the big clubs have reinforced and I think it’ll be decided at the end. I expect it’ll be tighter than last year.

“Let’s not forget last time Napoli and Roma broke club records, while Milan’s transfer strategy was aiming for the Scudetto.

“Inter had a bad year, but they too will be able to compete for the title. I am sure it’ll go down to the wire.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'Juve underestimated'

http://www.football-italia.net/107392/allegri-juve-underestimated

Aug 8, 2017

Juventus Coach Max Allegri believes “people didn’t understand the importance of what we did” to reach the Champions League Final in Cardiff.

The Bianconeri played their second Final in three years, but again emerged defeated, this time 4-1 to Real Madrid.

“It’s really disappointing, because people didn’t understand the importance of what we did,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

“Right now nobody is talking about it, but in future they will all realise the value of what we achieved.

“Unfortunately, that’s always the way.”

Juventus have not won the Champions League since 1996 at Rome’s Stadio Olimpico, beating Ajax on penalties.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Max Allegri: The Principle

http://www.juvefc.com/max-allegri-principle/

Aug 10, 2017

Max Allegri penned an article called ‘The Principle’ – You should read it. The following article first appeared here on The Players Tribune

When I watched Mario Mandžukić’s strike arch over the Real Madrid goalkeeper, I thought, Wow … maybe.

Then it hit the back of the net, and I thought, O.K., maybe this is our chance.

It was a magnificent technical sequence from our players in the build-up, and just a beautiful finish from Mandžukić. In my mind, it is a goal that will never be repeated. It shows the difference it takes to be a club in a Champions League final. You can’t just be great. You have to be special.

We have special players. Unfortunately, Real Madrid have many of them. By the second half, I knew we just didn’t have the tools or the pieces we needed.

We had two players who could barely stand on their feet due to injury, and Real Madrid played a very smart match. They were relaxed. They were comfortable.

To reach the final, you need talent and luck. To win it, you need to be the better team. And this may sound strange, but I actually walked off the pitch that night with peace of mind. Because I knew we weren’t the better team. It was as simple as that.

I left Cardiff with the team and returned to Italy. The next evening, when I got home, I had to ask myself a very hard question: Is this the end of the road? Is this as far as I can take this team?

GettyImages-691956814.jpg

I wondered if I should write the final chapter to my story at Juventus. Part of me was thinking about walking in on Monday and respectfully resigning.

Then I thought about why I became a manager in the first place.

You see, we must go back to when I was 14 years old. That’s when things got hard. When I was just a little boy, I remember life being pretty simple. I was a happy, quiet kid. My best memories were of my grandfather taking me to the horse track  in Livorno with him. As a kid, that’s all I can remember: Horse track, football, maybe eating dinner with my mother. I didn’t like school, but school wasn’t too serious yet.

Then, when I got to be 14 years old, everything got serious.

“Massi, you can’t skip school! You need to take these exams! You need to sit still and learn about Napoleon!”

I hated it. Hated it.

I remember sitting in class one day, and the teacher was mad at me about something, and I had this realization. I remember saying to myself: I am not meant to be a good student. But I could be a good principal.

Maybe every football manager dreams of being a school principal — il preside —  I don’t know.

Even when I was on the football pitch as a teenager, I wanted to be the teacher. To be honest, I was … unruly, let’s say. (Some managers may have had another word for it.) I had a few passionate discussions with my own coaches, but it wasn’t for more playing time or anything like that. It was because, even then, I wanted to run the team my own way. When I retired as a player and expressed an interest in managing, there were a lot of people who thought it would never work.

Even when it came to my first job as manager, I turned down the very first offer I received, from Pistoiese nearly 20 years ago, because I didn’t want to sit in a classroom. The rule there was that I had to go to school for a month and spend five hours in class every day to get my coach’s license. I was having flashbacks to being 14 again — nightmares! Instead, I chose to go to Coverciano where I could get the license in 15 days. I only had to sit in class for two hours a day, and the rest of the time I coached.

Maybe I’m a little headstrong, but I think, especially now, and as much as the game’s changed, that’s what you need. The media, they always talk of formations. They talk about maths.

3-5-2.

5-4-1.

4-2-3-1.

“Mr. Allegri, what will you choose? We must know.”

On the pitch, it is much more complicated. A 3-5-3 can be a 3-5-3 when you have the ball, and then when you don’t have the ball, you might need a 5-4-1. Or a blah-blah-blah.

What is important is shape and discipline and instincts. Your instincts are most important, I think. When I don’t trust my own instincts, when I doubt myself, that’s when I make mistakes. As a manager, you learn the most from failure. When I think of the most important moment of my career, it did not have anything to do with the scudetto or the Champions League.

It was the day I walked into the offices at A.C. Milan and I was fired. It was not a surprise by any means. I knew I was going to be sacked. They were respectful. They told me face-to-face that I would no longer be the manager. But that didn’t take away from the disappointment. You know in your head that being fired is just part of life as a manager, but it doesn’t stop you from feeling, in your heart, that you failed.

When I left Milan, I saw it as a failure of my work.

I am sometimes perceived as cold, but in reality, that’s a decision on my part. You must have a certain detachment as a manager in order to keep moving. I love football, and I find joy in my work — it’s why I keep returning to it every morning — but it’s not my life 24 hours a day. The most important time of my day, no matter what, is 9 a.m.

Well, actually, the most important time of my day is 7 a.m., when I have my espresso. But the second most important time is 9 a.m., when I take my young son, Giorgio, to school. It may be different for others. But for me, I cannot be a manufactured manager. I cannot be something I am not. I can only be who I am.

When I first arrived at Juventus three years ago, I didn’t change much at first. The club had a lot of success under Mr. Conte. But slowly, as new players arrived, I moved things around, building the team as I saw it — areas where players could work together, how we could be stronger in attack, how we could be tactically flexible.

And that season we reached the Champions League final together. It felt like the opening night at La Scala. The work that goes into it. The number of people watching. The atmosphere, the emotion. The anticipation. There is nothing quite like it. It was like an opera.

If only it didn’t end in a loss to Barcelona. I was bitterly disappointed, but I thought I had learned my lessons from that defeat.

AP_528604917863.jpg

When we made it to another Champions League final against Real Madrid this season, I really thought I had worked out what we were missing and what we needed to do, technically and tactically.

Especially when Mario scored his brilliant goal, I thought, Maybe this is our moment.

Clearly, that wasn’t the case.

When I got home after that defeat, I had to think hard about whether to continue. I thought about why I had become a manager in the first place. I also thought about my grandfather. He was a hardworking man — a stonemason. When I was a boy, he used to make sure that he was at all my football matches. It didn’t matter if we won or lost. He didn’t give a damn about the football.

He’d say, “Bel gioco, Massi. Ora vuoi andare a vedere i cavalli?”

(“Good game, Massi. Now do you want to go see the horses?”)

He never ever even asked me about the game. He cared only that I was having fun, and that he was there to see me.

These are the values that I have inside me. There’s so much pressure at this level of football, and there should be. But I try to remember why I do this. I don’t think of myself as a manager. I think of myself as a youth coach.

I do this because I love teaching. It is truly the joy of my life. I like making players better and smarter.

So when I thought about this Juventus squad, my decision became quite personal. I know I still have a lot to prove. And I know I still have a lot to teach.

So that night, before I went to bed, I decided that if the club was on board with my strategy and we could move on together, then I would stay on.

The next morning, my head was clear. I went to my office at 7 a.m. and had my espresso. It was a new season, with new opportunities. A lot has been said in the media about this team and the players. What we can do. What we cannot do.

For me, I look at Paulo Dybala and Gigi Buffon. In a way, they are the symbol of this team.

I see Dybala, like a bright boy about to start his first year in school. Buffon, with a World Cup, is about to get his Masters degree. One with his career ahead of him, and one near the end. One who wants to show that he can be one of the greats in Europe. One who is already a great, but wants to end his legacy on top.

I know we can shed the scabs from Cardiff. I know we can have a great season. I know we can have a great Champions League campaign.

I know what tomorrow morning will be. And the next morning. And the morning after that.

So now we just continue to work. We’ll try to make it to opening night at La Scala once again. The good thing about the opera is that there’s a new show every year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pruzzo: 'Allegri decisions debatable'

http://www.football-italia.net/108217/pruzzo-allegri-decisions-debatable

Aug 15, 2017

Former striker Roberto Pruzzo believes Lazio deserved the Italian Super Cup, but Juventus Coach Max Allegri “made debatable decisions.”

The Aquile were 2-0 up on Sunday night and got pegged back to 2-2 by a late Paulo Dybala brace before Alessandro Murgia’s last-gasp winner.

“I don’t know what choices Allegri made in that game, but in my view they were debatable,” ex-Roma star Pruzzo told Radio Radio.

“That doesn’t mean Lazio didn’t deserve it, even if in the opening five minutes they could’ve conceded and that would have changed the game completely.

“The Bianconeri Coach does have to shoulder a lot of the blame, as he sent out a team that was not up to the task.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Three Italians up for FIFA Coach award

http://www.football-italia.net/108316/three-italians-fifa-coach-award

Aug 17, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri, plus Antonio Conte and Carlo Ancelotti have been nominated for the FIFA Men’s Coach 2017 award.

A panel shortlisted 12 tacticians for the award, with the three Italians all making the cut.

Italy is the most represented nation on the list, with Spain [Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique] and Argentina [Diego Simeone and Mauricio Pochettino] seeing two men nominated each.

Allegri has been given the nod after winning the domestic double last season, as well as taking the Bianconeri to the Champions League final.

Antonio Conte won the Premier League in his first season at Chelsea, while Ancelotti won the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.

The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2017 will be chosen by a process involving the four main stakeholders involved in football: national team coaches, captains, selected media and the fans, with public voting beginning on August 21.

Voting closes on 7 September, with the men's awards taking the period 20 November 2016 to 2 July 2017 inclusive into account.

The award will be handed out on October 23 in London, with Claudio Ranieri having won it last year.

The Best FIFA Men's Coach 2017 shortlist:

Massimiliano Allegri (ITA - Juventus)
Carlo Ancelotti (ITA - FC Bayern Munich)
Antonio Conte (ITA - Chelsea)
Luis Enrique (ESP - FC Barcelona)
Pep Guardiola (ESP - Manchester City)
Leonardo Jardim (POR - AS Monaco)
Joachim Low (GER - German national team)
Jose Mourinho (POR - Manchester United)
Mauricio Pochettino (ARG - Tottenham Hotspur)
Diego Simeone (ARG - Atlético Madrid)
Tite (BRA - Brazilian national team)
Zinedine Zidane (FRA - Real Madrid).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: No Marchisio replacement

http://www.football-italia.net/108766/allegri-no-marchisio-replacement

Aug 25, 2017

Juventus boss Max Allegri insists no-one will be signed to cover Claudio Marchisio but believes Rodrigo Bentancur can be a “surprise package”.

Juve will be without Marchisio for around a month after the midfielder encountered problems in his left knee, but Allegri made it clear he was happy with his squad ahead of Saturday’s trip to Genoa and backed Bentancur to shine.

“I’m not thinking about the Champions League because the draw is just that and we must only think about playing against the teams we’re coming up against. We just have to pick up points and go on to the next one,” began the Coach at a Press conference.

“Marchisio’s injury? I’m very sorry for Claudio because he was getting his form back, but the consultant said he’d need about a month [out] because of the lack of strength in his

leg.

“We’ll see what he’s like within a month. I’m sorry that I don’t have him at my disposal.

“New faces? Douglas Costa’s integrating, he’s handling his workload well but I still have to decide whether to play him from the start or not.

“Like Matuidi, I'm very happy with Bentancur and I think he may be the surprise package of the season.

“Bernardeschi’s working hard and De Sciglio’s finding his feet. We’ll need everyone.

“Genoa? Tomorrow’s a game to win, but it’s not easy because Juventus have always struggled to win at Marassi.

“Last season, we made sure we didn’t struggle by scoring three goals in 27 minutes.

“It’s crucial that we pick up another three points tomorrow, close the cycle of our preparation [for the season] and have a nice break, before thinking about the Champions League and Serie A.

“Asamoah? His lack of call-up doesn’t mean he’s going, but he and the club are weighing things up as there’s only a week of the market left.

“I haven’t asked for anything in the market. Claudio needs a month [to recover] and we have plenty of players. We’re as we are for now.

“The club are thinking about the market, but for us, the most important thing is tomorrow’s game. After that, there are five more days for the market to set itself loose…

“Young players with great technical potential have come in, and we have solid foundations. Talking about the market now makes no sense.

“For Daniele [Rugani], it’s an important year, he has the opportunity to play as many games as Benatia, Barzagli and Chiellini.

“Moving to 4-3-3? I’ll try to adapt the team to the players’ characteristics. If a different player to Matuidi arrived, we might have had different needs.

“The season is long, there are so many games to play. Sometimes we’ll play with two in the middle, sometimes with three, sometimes with three and a half.

“After that, there are international. The important thing is that I have so many solutions. I’m not ruling out anything.

“Scudetto? I won’t say that Milan are favourites because they’ll say that we are, but certainly Milan are part of those teams that will take the title race down to the wire with us, Napoli, Roma and Inter.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ferguson praise for ‘fantastic’ Allegri

http://www.football-italia.net/109115/ferguson-praise-‘fantastic’-allegri

Aug 31, 2017

Juventus Coach Max Allegri has been praised as ‘fantastic’ by former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Old Lady tactician has been with the Turin club for three seasons, winning Serie A in each of them and reaching the Champions League final twice.

Speaking at a gathering of elite UEFA Coaches, legendary ex-United manager Ferguson added that Juve’s ‘continuity’ was key to their success.

“In Cardiff, Juve had a great first half, then they caved in,” Ferguson began as he assessed the Bianconeri's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.

“But they have a fantastic Coach and a group that guarantees continuity.

“Napoliare getting great results too, but Juve are still superior.”

The Scot also passed comment on Serie A’s use of the VAR system this season, which has yielded mixed results thus far.

“We can’t get in the way of progress. They are using it because it will become an integral part of the game.

“I heard Buffon’s comments and I saw the Juventus-Cagliari match. If there were three or four incidents like that, you would stop for 10 minutes.

“You need to use the time effectively.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri injury woes for Camp Nou

http://www.football-italia.net/109639/allegri-injury-woes-camp-nou

Sep 10, 2017

Max Allegri warns Sami Khedira and Claudio Marchisio won’t face Barcelona, while Juventus wait on Alex Sandro, Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Mandzukic.

The Champions League showdown at Camp Nou is on Tuesday evening and the Coach rested several top names in the 3-0 Serie A victory over Chievo on Saturday.

“Chiellini should start training with the squad from Sunday,” said Allegri in his Press conference.

“Alex Sandro had a fever and we hope it has gone away. Khedira and Marchisio are definitely out. Khedira returned from international duty, where he had a knock to the knee, rested for a few days and played 30 minutes. The day after, he felt pain again. Basically, it will take a week or so to have him back.”

Mandzukic limped off during the final minutes of the 3-0 Serie A win over Chievo.

“He just picked up a knock on the calf, it shouldn’t be anything serious.”

Allegri tested out the 4-3-3 formation, but it seems unlikely he will risk it against Barcelona.

“I don’t know what system we’ll use, because Juan Cuadrado is suspended. I’ll have to see how we’re all doing on Monday and then decide.

“On Tuesday there are important points up for grabs in the race for first place, but our objective is to qualify for the next round, so the games we mustn’t get wrong are the second, third and fourth.”

The match with Chievo was the first time since 2010 that Juventus started a Serie A match without any of the BBBC on the field: Gigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Chiellini.

“It was an important step, because life goes on. We would love Buffon, Barzagli and Chiellini to be eternally young, but nobody is, so the club is working to plan for the future.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Bonucci didn’t leave due to Allegri’

http://www.football-italia.net/110078/‘bonucci-didn’t-leave-due-allegri’

Sep 18, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci’s wife, Martina, insists he didn’t leave Juventus “due to an argument with Max Allegri” and admits it’s “strange” to see him as Milan captain.

The centre-back publicly rowed with the Bianconeri Coach last season, and was dropped for the Champions League Last 16 clash at Porto.

Bonucci then joined rivals Milan in a €40m deal, but his wife says it wasn’t simply due to problems with the Coach.

“His decision wasn’t due to an argument with Max Allegri,” Martina Maccari said on Rai Radio 1.

“In a professional setting, I think balance between all parties is fundamental. Leonardo chose to leave because of the vicissitudes within the environment, but now he’s calm and giving his all for this new adventure.

“Bonucci as Milan captain? I won’t hide it, I’m not used to it yet and maybe he isn’t either. He chose to come to Milan completely autonomously though, I just stood by him as a good wife has to do.

“At least there won’t be a derby in the family any more [son Lorenzo, five, is a big fan of Torino and Andrea Belotti]. Sometimes Leonardo and Andrea meet in the centre of Turin.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'UCL dream, not objective'

http://www.football-italia.net/110960/allegri-ucl-dream-not-objective

Oct 7, 2017

Max Allegri insists winning the Champions League “is not an objective for Juventus, but a dream we have to work towards over many years.”

The Bianconeri have reached the Final twice in the last three seasons, losing to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

“These have been three marvellous years,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

“The first Final was unexpected, while the second we had more hope of winning. That didn’t prove to be the case, but it’s nonetheless a success, because playing a Champions League Final is not something that happens that often.

“We do not consider winning the Champions League to be an objective, but a dream that we have to work towards over many years. The objective for Juventus is to be stable in the top eight of European football.

“The club is doing a great job and there is motivation, which always makes the difference.”

Juve started their campaign this time around with a heavy defeat to Barcelona, then pushed past Olympiakos 2-0.

“The group this season is more balanced than it might seem, as there’s a lot of European experience there,” noted Allegri ahead of the next test with Sporting CP on October 18.

Although the Turin giants didn’t win the trophy last term, Gigi Buffon was voted best goalkeeper in the Champions League.

“He is a special talent and for 20 years has been the best in the world. To reach the age of 39 and be recognised as the best goalkeeper in the Champions League that season is something really unique.

“In my view, his secret is that he experiences everything like a kid, with a little bit of healthy madness.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri misses out on best Coach

http://www.football-italia.net/111755/allegri-misses-out-best-coach

Oct 24, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri has been beaten to FIFA’s Best Coach award by Real Madrid’s Zinedine Zidane.

The Bianconeri boss was nominated alongside the Frenchman and Antonio Conte, having won the double last season and reached the Champions League final.

Zidane’s side won that final 4-1, as well as winning La Liga and the former Juve midfielder was given the nod ahead of the two Italians.

Conte is himself a former Coach of the Old Lady, while the award was presented by yet another ex-Juve man, Claudio Ranieri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Bayern consider Allegri?

http://www.football-italia.net/111838/bayern-consider-allegri

Oct 25, 2017

Bayern Munich are reportedly considering Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri to take over in the summer.

The German champions sacked Carlo Ancelotti last month, and Jupp Heynckes replaced him on the bench.

However, the veteran is only acting as caretaker until the end of the season, when a permanent appointment will be made.

Julian Nagelsmann of Hoffenheim is widely believed to be among the candidates, along with former Borussia Dortmund Coach Thomas Tuchel.

As well as those two, Bild is reporting that Allegri is being considered by the Bayern board, having won the domestic double with the Bianconeri for the past three years in a row.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

PSG consider Allegri?

http://www.football-italia.net/112466/psg-consider-allegri

Nov 7, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri is reportedly among the names being considered by Paris Saint-Germain.

The French club are likely to dispense with the services of Unai Emery after this season, unless the Spaniard can win the Champions League.

Jose Mourinho, currently manager of Manchester United, and Chelsea boss Antonio Conte are among the names who have been linked with the PSG bench, but Mundo Deportivo claims today that Allegri is also in the frame.

Tottenham Hostpur’s Mauricio Pochettino is also an option, as Parisian side look to transfer their domestic supremacy into Europe.

PSG have won Ligue 1 in four of the past five seasons, but so far have been unable to make a real impact in the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri ponders Juve formation change

http://www.football-italia.net/112654/allegri-ponders-juve-formation-change

Nov 11, 2017

It is reported that Juventus boss Max Allegri is considering a return to lining up with a three-man defence.

The Old Lady altered their tried and trusted 3-5-2 formation during the course of last season, opting in favour of a 4-2-3-1 as they chased success in the Champions League.

However, with a closer Serie A title race appearing more likely than in previous years, Tuttosport claim that the Juve Head Coach wants to improve his side’s defensive solidity.

As such, it is claimed that the former Milan tactician is keen to experiment with Benedikt Howedes alongside Daniele Rugani and Giorgio Chiellini in a new-look three-man backline.

According to the Italian daily, however, Juventus will not be reverting completely to the 3-5-2shape introduced so successfully by Antonio Conte and continued initially under Allegri.

Instead, the Serie A champions are likely to field a 3-4-3, with Paulo Dybala, Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic leading the line up front.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri in Italy contention?

http://www.football-italia.net/112757/allegri-italy-contention

Nov 13, 2017

Juventus boss Max Allegri is reportedly in contention to replace Giampiero Ventura if Italy fail to qualify for the World Cup.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the FIGC are hoping to appoint a big name to revive the national team, in the event they fail to overturn a 1-0 deficit against Sweden on Monday.

The newspaper explains Carlo Ancelotti is “the first option being considered”, with Antonio Conte’s return also a possibility, but the former Juve pair have since been joined by Allegri.

Furthermore, the Coach “would be happy, by his own admission, to manage Italy”, although he only extended his contract until 2020 over the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri to quit Coaches' Association?

http://www.football-italia.net/112956/allegri-quit-coaches-association

Nov 18, 2017

There are reports Juventus boss Max Allegri could quit the Italian Coaches’ Association in protest over Renzo Ulivieri’s defence of Carlo Tavecchio.

Former Bologna tactician Ulivieri is the President of the Italian Coaches’ Association, a union of managers.

There are wide calls for current FIGC President Tavecchio to resign after Italy boss Giampiero Ventura was sacked for failing to reach the 2018 World Cup.

Probably the lone voice defending Tavecchio and his intention to remain was Ulivieri.

He also declared that the chief of the CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) Giovanni Malagò was “no longer recognised as my boss” after demanding Tavecchio resign.

According to the Corriere dello Sport this morning, Juventus Coach Allegri is prepared to quit the Association and many more of his colleagues could follow.

Ulivieri’s vote proved decisive to get Tavecchio re-elected as President of the Federation and the 76-year-old is also Vice-President of the FIGC.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri demands more from Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/113117/allegri-demands-more-juventus

Nov 21, 2017

It’s reported Massimiliano Allegri demanded more from his Juventus players, at a meeting in Vinovo yesterday.

The Bianconeri lost 3-2 to Sampdoria at the weekend, meaning their usually watertight defence has conceded 14 goals in 13 games.

The result leaves the Old Lady four points adrift of Napoli at the top of Serie A, and Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Allegri demanded more from his players.

While the face-to-face talks were calm, the Coach told the squad that they need more application and constant concentration, after a number of lapses this season.

Allegri also told his players to be more balanced, and not panic when they fall behind as he believes happened against Samp.

While the tactician is considering a change of formation, he believes the main problem so far is mental.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti