Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Patrice Evra

130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Didn't hesitate for Marseille'

http://www.football-italia.net/97472/evra-didnt-hesitate-marseille

Jan 26, 2017

Patrice Evra explains why he “did not hesitate” to join Olympique Marseille from Juventus. “Uncle Pat won’t hold back!”

The 35-year-old signed an 18-month contract last night after undergoing a medical and held his Press conference this evening.

“There are always surprises in life and this return to France was not in my plans. I only had 24 hours to consider it before giving the all-clear.

“I love clubs with history and Marseille are the only French side to win the Champions League,” smiled Evra.

“It was everything, really. I saw the fans and atmosphere in the stadium that were extraordinary, as I realised it during Euro 2016. If we had played the Final here, I think France might’ve won! I wanted to really savour this atmosphere, as it forces you to give your best.

“I feel like a youngster still. (France manager) Didier Deschamps told me: ‘This is the club for you.’

“Many clubs were interested, but as soon as I heard that Marseille were making an offer, I did not hesitate. Marseille is Marseille. Marseille is Marseille, so… no hesitation.

“The club and locker room already has leaders, so I am not here to take anyone’s place. It is an honour to participate in this new project.

This club deserves to be in the Champions League and we’ll move towards that.

“On the other hand, I am here to annoy the young players, and if they don’t do their job, Uncle Pat won’t hold back!

“People criticise my age? I’ll respond on the pitch.”

Evra said he is ready to make his debut on Friday against Montpellier.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Patrice Evra said he signed with Marseille

because he wanted more playing time

Uncle Pat loves this game. He also wanted to play more in the actual games.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/1/27/14411524/

patrice-evra-juventus-marseille-2017-serie-a-transfers

Jan 27, 2017

During Patrice Evra’s final weeks as a Juventus player, we didn’t hear much from Uncle Pat. Not in post-game interviews ... mainly because he wasn’t playing in any games. Not even on Instagram, where most of his social media content turned into things from the past rather than videos of Mario Mandzukic telling you whatever the topic being brought up at the time was “no good.”

But with Evra’s move from Juventus to Marseille being made official earlier this week, there became a chance for the 35-year-old Frenchman to speak in front of the media for the first time in a good amount of days. At his introductory press conference on Thursday, Evra discussed a variety of topics. But one of the main ones we care about was why, after two and a half incredibly successful seasons at Juventus, did he suddenly pack his bags and head back to the country where his career started.

He told us...

“I will be honest, no (I didn’t plan on coming to Marseille one day). But I am someone who lives day-by-day. When the opportunity to come to Marseille came up, I didn’t hesitate for a second. I made the decision myself to leave Juventus. Nobody pushed me out. Let that be clear. I left the club on good terms. They were disappointed I was leaving. But that’s my decision and we must respect it.

“For those concerns about my age, I can only answer those on the pitch. That’s exactly why I left Juve — with a good relationship with coach Allegri. The human side is very important to me. But we had talked at the beginning of the season about my playing time. I only played in Champions League games. The others called me ‘Mr. Champions League.’ But the league is what we compete for every day. I didn’t want to play every game, but there was a minimum. I came to Marseille to get playing time. But if I don’t play well, I will stay on the bench.”

For days we heard about how Evra was evaluating his options and that his future was going to be decided at some point in the month of January. If it was a simple matter of wanting more playing time, then that’s easy to understand. Alex Sandro has put an absolute stranglehold on the start left back position this season and probably has cut into Evra’s possible projected playing time because of it.

By the way Juventus talked about him on their official website announcing his departure, Evra saying that he left on good terms seems to be right on the money. Any chances Allegri had to talk about Evra at one of his pre-match press conferences in recent weeks had nothing but kind things to say. He likely saw the writing on the wall and figured Evra was on his way out, and as much as Allegri probably wanted to keep him around, it’s not like he was going to stop the veteran fullback from leaving. The rapport between the two seemed pretty darn solid even with Evra’s playing time taking a significant step back this season compared to his first two in Turin.

So, like Juventus, we thank you, Pat. May you find more playing time in France.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra explains Juve exit

http://www.football-italia.net/97871/evra-explains-juve-exit

Feb 3, 2017

Patrice Evra has confessed that he became unhappy at Juventus prior to leaving the club for Marseille last month.

Evra enjoyed first-choice status at Juve in each of the last two seasons but fell down the pecking order before his January transfer to Marseille, and the left-back says he was not prepared “to stay and train half-heartedly”.

“Leaving? It wasn’t an easy decision, one that not even I expected to make myself,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I came back from the European Championship fired up, with great enthusiasm.

“When we started the season, I didn’t play in the first game, nor the second, third...

“I kept quiet, but then I asked Allegri about it, who reassured me that I would play.

“However, as ambitious as they are, a game a month wasn’t enough. After the holidays, I wasn’t happy.

“People can say that I’m not selfish, but I preferred to be honest with myself and leave rather than stay and train half-heartedly.

“I respect Juve for what they gave me, but the board understood [my reasons for leaving].”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra 'won't rule out Napoli'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor patrice evra marseille

http://www.football-italia.net/112680/evra-wont-rule-out-napoli

Nov 11, 2017

Patrice Evra has no intention of retiring after his seven-month ban and, although “it would be complicated,” won’t rule out a move to Napoli.

The France international terminated his contract with Olympique Marseille after he was banned to June 30 2018 from UEFA competition.

It all arose from an incident in the warm-up for Marseille’s Europa League game with Vitoria Guimaraes, which saw Evra kick a fan during an altercation.

“He knows that he made a mistake, but his career doesn’t end here,” agent Federico Pastorello told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He doesn’t want to hang up his boots in this way. Physically, he is stronger than five or six years ago and many clubs have already contacted us.”

There were suggestions Evra could be brought in by Napoli after left-back Faouzi Ghoulam’s knee injury, even though he’d only be available for Serie A games and not the Champions League.

“Patrice doesn’t see himself in Serie A again after his years with Juventus. We won’t rule anything out, not even Napoli, but I think it would be complicated.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130764 messaggi

Evra announces retirement: 'I will become a manager'

Risultati immagini per evra juventus

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/evra-announces-retirement-i-will-become-a-manager-78258

Jul 29, 2019

Former Juventus and Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra has announced his retirement from football, while revealing that he intends to become a manager very soon.

"My footballing career has officially ended. I started the coaching UEFA B course in 2013. Now I want to finish it and move on to UEFA A. In short, in a year and a half, I will be ready to manage a team," he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti