Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Patrice Evra

130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra: Barcelona not as strong
as Pep Guardiola's sides

May 14, 2015

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has told RMC that Luis Enrique's Barcelona are "not as strong" as the sides led by Pep Guardiola.

Evra, who was part of the Manchester United teams beaten by Guardiola's Barca in the 2009 and 2011 Champions League finals, is set to face the Spanish giants once more after Juve overcame Real Madrid 3-2 on aggregate in the semifinals.

The 33-year-old said Juve would be underdogs in Berlin on June 6 and praised a Barca attack consisting of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez, but he said the overall level of the team had dropped over the last four years.

Evra, who was also part of the Monaco side that lost the 2004 final as well as the United team that won the competition in 2008, said: "We have to stay in the role of outsider.

"This final, it's David versus Goliath. That's how we're going to approach it. It's like that that Juve are at their most dangerous. When no one makes us favourites, we can pull out something big. I have confidence in all these players who play in my team. It's not impossible.

"I have played against Barcelona. I lost finals against Barcelona where the team was the star. It wasn't just about a single player, even if there was Messi.

"Now, today, they're a great team, but it's about three individuals up front: Neymar, Messi and Suarez. They can make the difference at any time but, as a team, they're not as strong as the one I faced with Manchester United."

Evra is now playing alongside former United players Carlos Tevez and Paul Pogba in Turin, and the trio have enjoyed a hugely successful season, with Juve already crowned Serie A champions and still in contention for a Treble.

He said that his decision to leave United last summer had nothing to do with on-field matters, though, explaining: "It's worked out well, but it wasn't a natural choice. It was for personal reasons.

"I will always miss Manchester United but, today, I'm at Juve. I'm happy to be in the final. I had nothing to prove or anything of that kind. Juve called me and said to me that they wanted to do better in the Champions League and that they needed my experience. I am paying them back on the pitch, contributing what I can to go as far as possible."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Inter's Kondogbia: Evra key in picking
Italy over Premier League move

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2523200/patrice-evra-convinced-inter-signing-kondogbia-of-italy-move?

Jul 15, 2015

Geoffrey Kondogbia has told L'Equipe that Juventus' Patrice Evra helped convince him to shun Premier League suitors and join Inter Milan this summer.

Kondogbia, 22, signed a five-year deal with Inter after completing a €37 million move from Monaco -- the third-biggest transfer of the summer so far.

The midfielder had a host of clubs chasing him following his impressive displays in helping Monaco to the Champions League quarterfinals last season, with Arsenal and Tottenham reportedly interested.

Instead, the former Sevilla man headed to the Nerazzurri after speaking to France international teammate Evra, 34, who joined Juve from Manchester United last summer.

"I talked to Pat," he said. "We didn't talk about Inter, but about Italy and what it could bring me.

"That played a big role. He told me that once you've experienced the Italian league, nothing else impresses you. He told me that you improve in every area.

"Training sessions are harder in Italy. As a result of that, everything is easier. A lot of players have gone to the Italian league and then burst onto centre stage afterwards. There was Zizou [Zidane], [Thierry] Henry.

"If you take the case of Paul Pogba, you know that if he goes to another league, he's going to adapt."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Pogba, grow up!'

http://www.football-italia.net/70719/evra-pogba-grow?

Aug 8, 2015

Patrice Evra warned Paul Pogba is “not a youngster anymore and has to provide the breakthrough” for Juventus.

Both are expected to start in the Italian Super Cup against Lazio today, which kicks off at 13.00 UK time (12.00 GMT) in Shanghai.

“The more experienced members of the squad cannot hide. If anything, we must show that we have the same hunger and enthusiasm as always,” Evra told Rai Sport.

“The younger players must understand that Juve want to win, always.”

While he was treated as a prodigy until now, Pogba was given the Number 10 jersey and needs to step up.

“Pogba wants to be decisive and I told him that he’s not a youngster anymore and has already been at Juve for four years. He has to provide the breakthrough during difficult games.”

Evra already knew Pogba from Manchester United and the France squad, so the 22-year-old affectionately refers to him as ‘Uncle Pat.’

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve duo suspended

http://www.football-italia.net/70719/evra-pogba-grow?

Sep 2, 2015

Juventus goalkeeper Rubinho received a two-match ban, while Patrice Evra and Palermo’s Aljaz Struna are also suspended.

The Disciplinary Commission gave its verdict on the Week 2 events in Serie A.

Rubinho was sent off from the bench for insulting the officials during a 2-1 defeat to Roma.

For that behaviour, the third choice goalkeeper has been given a two-round ban.

Also red carded during the same encounter was Evra, who is suspended for one game.

Palermo right-back Struna gets a one-match ban for his red card against Udinese on his Serie A debut.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Going gets tough at Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/73534/evra-going-gets-tough-juve?

Sep 26, 2015

Patrice Evra warned “if someone feels unable to handle difficult moments, then he doesn’t belong at Juventus.”

The full-back spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 2-1 defeat to Napoli, their third in just six Serie A rounds.

“I am not looking for excuses, we are all responsible and not just the young players who arrived now,” declared Evra.

“They are not panicking. This defeat hurts, but now we have to focus on winning in the Champions League on Wednesday.

“I accept criticism, but I don’t like those who say Juve are only strong in Europe. There are many people out there who underestimate the level of Serie A.

“If someone feels unable to handle difficult moments, then he doesn’t belong at Juventus.

“I am not selling dreams, but I am focusing on Wednesday’s game with a clear head. I live in the present, not in the past, and don’t want to discuss players who are no longer here.

“I do not get the sensation of a team that is panicking. If people want to look for excuses like the many changes over the summer, I do not accept them.

“When I lose, it means I got it wrong. That’s what I think.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus defender Patrice Evra ageing 'like a bottle of wine'

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2660558/juventus-patrice-evra-ageing-like-a-bottle-of-wine?

Oct 13, 2015

Patrice Evra says he feels as strong as ever as he sets his sights on winning more trophies with Juventus and the national team rather than bringing his career to a comfortable conclusion.

The Juventus defender is not afraid of the competition he faces for his place both on club and country level with France, saying instead that this is inspiring him to bring out the very best as the years go by.

"I thrive on healthy competition," he told Radio Monte Carlo. "I feel like a bottle of wine -- as the years pass, I get better and better.

"This is also why I am able to put the younger players at ease, even though they know that I'm not going to leave them even a crumb because I know I don't get any preferential treatment and if I'm not good enough, one of them will take my place."

Evra feels he would still have been first choice at Manchester United had he not asked to leave last year.

"It's still hard to talk about it, but one day -- when my career's over -- I'll be able to speak more openly about it," the French full-back added. "I came to Turin above all for my family, because at Manchester they had inserted a clause in our agreement which changed the situation considerably. It really annoyed me.

"I don't regret this move, which in the end has proven to be more than positive."

Evra won Serie A and the Coppa Italia with the Bianconeri last season, as well as playing in his fourth Champions League final.

The first of those was in 2004 with Monaco, a club he does not see himself returning to as he is happy at Juventus.

"My aim is to keep on winning with Juventus and the national team, particularly since we're the host nation [at Euro 2016]," he said. "I'm happy in Serie A, even if it was more a coincidence that I ended up in Turin than a choice.

"I'm a sportsman who has competition in my blood and I am not interested in money. I really cannot see myself returning to Monaco one day for a golden pension. Of course you can never know what might happen in life and I could also go back to Ligue 1, but that's not on the agenda right now.

"Many times I hear people saying I should just be taking things easy and being happy at my age, but while my body and my head are still fine, I'm going to keep on playing. I never look to the past, but always to the future. For as long as I am still motivated, I will keep putting my boots on and not pinning them up."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Juve just need time'

http://www.football-italia.net/74325/evra-juve-just-need-time?

Oct 14, 2015

Patrice Evra described the “heart-breaking” decision to quit Manchester United and the “enormous pressure” at Juventus.

The France international sat down with RMC Sport to discuss his career and the move to Turin after eight years in Manchester.

“It was a family issue. It’s hard to talk about it now. It was heart-breaking, but I made that choice for my family. I don’t want to talk about the details.

“Manchester United did not want me to leave, but before the end of the season, I explained that I had to leave. It was the right choice.”

Evra won the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and reached the Champions League Final with Juve, but they’ve started the new Serie A season with problems.

“People are used to seeing us win. There is enormous pressure here. We lost three big players and big personalities, Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez, but that’s not the problem. The new players must adapt to training and adapt to being at a big club. We just need time.”

He was asked about his future and potential switch to Major League Soccer or return to France.

“I am not a magician, so I don’t know what will happen in the future. In life, you never know. If I do move on, it won’t be to just take the money and run. That would be useless.

“I want to continue as long as my body tells me it can.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra: Juventus throwing away
chance to make Serie A history

The defender voiced his dismay with his side's attitude so far this season,
and has demanded a turnaround if they are to enjoy success this season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/10/29/16805352/-?

Oct 29, 2015

Patrice Evra slammed Juventus' attitude for throwing away dreams of a historic fifth consecutive Serie A title after a 1-0 loss at Sassuolo on Wednesday.

The loss represented Juve's fourth defeat in 10 Serie A games this term, leaving last term's Scudetto and Coppa Italia winners tumbling down the table in 12th.

And Evra has admitted their attitude so far has not been good enough if they are to aim to enjoy success this season.

"I'm angry. When you play for this team you must always believe you can win the title every year," he told Sky Sport.

"This is clearly not the best time to talk about it, but when I wake up every morning, I tell myself I could be lucky enough to lift a fifth consecutive Scudetto.

"Instead, as it stands, we're currently throwing away this chance to make history. A message to my team-mates? Let's respect this shirt. We didn't do that in the first half against Sassuolo.

"Perhaps it's easier to speak about the game having not played in it, but as Gigi [buffon] said, we didn't see the true Juventus against Sassuolo.

"You can't swing from the kind of display we produced against Atalanta to how we performed in the first half last night."

Juve, now 11 points behind leaders Roma, will be looking to return to winning ways against local rivals Torino at the weekend, and Evra is determined to make amends for the loss in midweek.

"I know that it's a derby game and that beating Juventus means as much as winning the league for Torino fans," he said.

"This isn't my philosophy. I want to win and all I can say is that our approach on Saturday will be spot on."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra: Sir Alex told me that Giggs
and I would be great managers

The Scot urged the full-back to complete his coaching badges during his time
at Old Trafford and felt he had the leadership and passion required to be a success.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/11/01/16889642/evra-sir-alex-told-me-id-be-a-great-boss?ICID=TP_HN_HP_RI_0_2

Nov 1, 2015

Juventus defender Patrice Evra has revealed former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson felt that he and Ryan Giggs would go on to become great managers in the future.

The France international spent eight years playing under the Scot at Old Trafford winning five Premier League titles and the Champions League before leaving for Juventus in 2014.

Evra says Sir Alex urged him to complete his coaching badges in a conversation towards the end of the 2012-13 season when Manchester United had again won the title.

“Patrice, two people are going to be great managers in this team. You and Ryan Giggs!” said Sir Alex according to the Sunday Times.

“Patrice trust me because you understand football, you know how to talk to people, you've got the leadership.

“Forget tactics and everything; you know how to pass on your passion. You can easily pass on your inspiration, your leadership. Trust me - do your badges.

Evra went on to win Serie A title as well as reaching the Champions League final in his first season at Juventus and says he is enjoying learning about football in Italy.

"I am like a computer, I'm trying to absorb everything," Evra said.

“I always say the Premier League is like two boxers fighting. The one who is least strong gets tired, he does down.

“Here it is like a chess game, and you have to understand every move you play with your quality, your strength, your skill. That's the difference.

“I learn a lot, and I'm a little bit worried about English football. Why? In Europe being fast, being strong, playing only with your quality, you are going to struggle against teams that prepare.

“That is where England has to work. It is about tactics. But it is not easy, because the players won't accept it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra reveals Manchester United exit heartache

The 34-year-old said calling time on his eight-year career at Old Trafford was
a difficult choice, but the offer from Juventus had ultimately been too good to turn down.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/11/01/16895092/evra-reveals-man-utd-exit-heartache?ICID=TP_HN_1

Nov 1, 2015

Patrice Evra says he agonised over his decision to leave Manchester United for Juventus last summer, and almost changed his mind.

The French full-back brought a successful eight-year stay at Old Trafford to a close when he signed for the Italian giants in July 2014, winning Serie A and reaching the final of the Champions League in his first season in Turin.

Evra came close to staying though, with the Bianconeri's determined pursuit of his services ultimately swaying him.

"The only person who takes the full responsibility why I leave Man United is myself," he told the Sunday Times. "I am the one to make the choice.

"Juventus had already talked to me. The challenge was so exciting. [Former coach Antonio] Conte had called me a lot during the World Cup. It was not difficult to go to Juventus, because it is such a big, historic club.

"But it was difficult to leave Manchester United."

According to Evra, both former United manager David Moyes as well as successor Louis van Gaal and club chief executive Ed Woodward sought to convince the France international to reject the advances of the Italian champions.

"The president of Juventus, Andrea Agnelli called me," the 34-year-old continued. "He said 'Look, we didn't deposit your contract to the Italian league [yet], you can change your mind, but we really want you here.'

"And I feel somebody really wants me strongly, with a lot of respect.

"After that, I called Ed Woodward to say, 'I am sorry, I already gave my word to Juventus, I can't go back [on it].' "

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Evra: Juventus Beating Empoli
Was Very Important

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/11/evra-juventus-beating-empoli-was-very-important/?

Nov 8, 2015

Juventus defender Patrice Evra was pleased with his side’s victory against Empoli and he is now focused on Juve’s next game.

The 34-year-old grabbed a goal as the Bianconeri fought back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 on Sunday afternoon in Serie A, but Evra is only thinking of the game in general.

“The most important thing was not the goal but the three points,” he said.

“We have talked a lot this week and we understand that three points were very important.

“When you play for Juve you have to give your best and today we did.”

Talking of Juventus’ season hopes in general, Evra remained focused on his team’s next game which is a clash against AC Milan on November 21.

“I am only thinking of a win against Milan,” he concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra-Juve extension inbound?

http://www.football-italia.net/75563/evra-juve-extension-inbound?

Nov 9, 2015

Juventus are reportedly ready to offer Patrice Evra a one-year contract extension with the option of a second season.

The French full-back’s current deal expires next summer and the Bianconeri are believed to be considering their next move with the 34-year-old.

Calciomercato.com has reported today that the Old Lady will attempt to keep the former Manchester United man in Turin.

The website says that Evra’s representatives will meet with the club before the first week of December to discuss a renewal.

The report understands that Juve’s proposal will be for a one-year extension, with the idea of an optional second year attached.

However, it is not yet clear whether or not the left-back intends to stay in Italy and the club are awaiting his decision.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus planning contract extension for Patrice Evra

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/11/10/9698570/report-juventus-planning-contract-extension-for-patrice-evra

Nov 10, 2015

Patrice Evra was always going to be more short-term fit more than long-term solution. That's not because of him being a bad footballer — because he clearly isn't and continues to prove that — but simply due to the fact that when he signed with Juventus in 2014, he was set to enter his mid-30s.

By the time this season comes to an end, Evra will have turned 35 years old. The tread on the tires isn't so plentiful as it was during his outstanding career at Manchester United. But even with that very important detail, that reportedly isn't stopping Juventus from thinking that Evra could be a part of this Juventus team post-summer of 2016.

According to calciomercato.com's transfer pundit Fabrizio Romano, Juventus' are already planning Evra's contract extension with the club as Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici should met the player's entourage at the beginning of December in order to start negotiations. The Turin club should offer Evra a one-year contract extension with a second year extension option.

The 34-year-old is still not sure whether to continue his professional at the Juventus Stadium or not.

Despite his age, the Frenchman would like to join a club in which he can feature as one of the centrepieces for the last two or three seasons of his playing career.

(Source: calciomercato.com)

I'm totally cool with Evra being a part of the Juventus squad for another year or two based on how he's played since he signed with Juventus two summers ago. However, I would think the 'centerpiece' part is the key thing to this little piece of information we've been informed of. Juventus didn't just spend €26 million on Alex Sandro to have him sit on the bench more of than not going forward. And Alex Sandro certainly didn't join Juve for the same kind of thing to happen. Not when you're on the brink of the ultra-competitive Brazil squad entering your mid-20s.

So, if Evra does sign a one-year contract extension, what does that mean for both of Juve's left backs? It's obviously a "wait and see what happens" kind of deal, but it's a unique situation without a doubt. Evra is the short-term option. Sandro is the long-term option that has played relatively well in his handful of appearances so far this season.

But having cover at a position like left back is never a bad thing. Hey, maybe this whole 'centerpiece' thing is a bunch of hooey and Evra wants to stay no matter what his role would be next season. How influential on all fronts he has been since joining Juventus a year and a half ago, keeping Evra around in any kind of capacity will be a good thing. He's proven to be that important in just a short amount of time.

Plus the dude has some fantastic swag to his game. I mean, come on.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra: Manchester United never realised
I was allergic to eggs!

The France international has explained that it was only
after arriving in Turin that his condition was finally diagnosed.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/extra-time/2015/11/12/17259122/evra-reveals-bizarre-allergy?ICID=TP_HN_1

Nov 12, 2015

Patrice Evra has revealed Juventus picked up on a food allergy that went undetected for the duration of his eight-year spell with Manchester United!

The Frenchman joined the Premier League side from Monaco in 2006 and enjoyed a glittering career at Old Trafford, winning five Premier League titles, three League Cups and a Champions League.

However, Evra has now disclosed that he experienced no end of physical discomfort during his time at United, relating to an ailment that was only diagnosed upon his arrival at Juventus last year.

"When I came here they said I'm allergic to eggs and I ate them every day in Manchester," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I was vomiting in training at first. I went to the hospital and they told me I had been playing with an ulcer and I was lucky it was not bleeding inside."

Evra also revealed that not only has he learned more about his body, he's also developed a more in-depth understanding of the tactical side of the game since switching to Serie A.

"I have learned a lot about football - how to be more professional, even if I was professional in Manchester," the France full-back added.

"Here in Italy, it is more like a chess game - you have to think about every move."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra and France prepare
for an emotional Wembley night

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2714500/patrice-evra-and-france-prepare-for-emotional-wembley-night?

Nov 16, 2015

On Tuesday, Patrice Evra will represent France against England at Wembley. In the aftermath of Friday's terrorist attacks in Paris, it is a night set to be charged with emotion, with the English expected to sing the stirring French national anthem "Le Marseillaise".

While the attacks took place, France were playing Germany at the Stade de France. At one point during the game's first half, Evra had the ball at his feet when a loud explosion went off. The defender heard the dull bang clearly, but thought it was a firecracker; similar to the type lit every week by ultras around Europe.

Evra's reaction was hard to gauge but he passed the ball on to a teammate and the game continued in an increasingly surreal atmosphere as news of the Paris atrocities began to spread among the crowd.

The managers of France and Germany, Didier Deschamps and Joachim Low, were also made aware of the developing situation, but the players themselves did not know of the unfolding tragedy until after the match had ended.

In a show of solidarity and camaraderie, the French team then stayed for much of the night in the stadium dressing rooms with their German peers, who decided for safety reasons not to go to their hotel. Among them was Evra, 34, who has always been a proponent of the group being more powerful than the individual.

The most experienced outfield France player in terms of age and appearances, he is respected by all of his compatriots in the national team, especially youngsters such as Paul Pogba, who knew the left-back from their days together at Manchester United.

Evra is still a first choice for Euro 2016 hosts France and his career did not dip when he left United in the summer of 2014. In fact, it improved as Juventus won Serie A, the Italian Cup and reached the Champions League final -- the fifth of Evra's career. His old club finished fourth in the Premier League and won nothing.

He quickly became a key player in Massimiliano Allegri's side, someone the young players looked up to and the senior players respected. He rarely spoke to the media, but was vocal inside the dressing room, always pushing for improvement and telling players that they could achieve anything if they set their minds to it.

Evra's confidence is absolute; he had no doubts that Juventus would triumph against Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinal, for example. It is that attitude which has helped make him such a success of his career.

Despite being told several times as a teenager that he would not make it as a footballer, Evra has gone on to be highly decorated at the highest level, with six league titles and a European Cup win. He has also always been able to adapt and seeing off competition for his place.

Juventus bought another left-back before this season, the Brazilian Alex Sandro for whom they paid €26 million to Porto. He is a decade younger than Evra and cost €25 million more than did his veteran teammate. Sandro was expected to become a regular starter but instead has started just three times in Serie A and once in the Champions League.

In hindsight, United made a mistake in letting Evra leave, but these things are never clear-cut. His Parisian wife wanted a change from Manchester's leaden skies and, while Evra left Old Trafford with regret, he was happy to return to Italy, the country in which he had been given his first opportunity to be a professional footballer, with Marsala in the late 1990s.

His replacement at United was Luke Shaw who, at £30m, was the most expensive teenager in football until United signed Antony Martial a year later. Shaw struggled in his first season in Manchester and admits he wasn't as professional as he should have been, nor as fit as he could have been.

Shaw righted those wrongs from the very first game of the 2015-16 preseason and took his good form into the Premier League campaign. The Londoner was set to play 50 games this term until he suffered a horrific leg break at PSV Eindhoven in September.

United want two top players for every position and, as such, Evra would have been a perfect back-up for the injured Shaw, though in the Frenchman's mind he would never have accepted that term.

Had Evra stayed, it would have led to a competition for the left-back slot between the most promising English defender of his generation and one of the best full-backs in Europe over the last decade.

But he did not and so ended his career in a city where he was loved by players and fans alike. Evra himself had become obsessed about the club for which he played, having asked early on for the club history in French. For Sir Alex Ferguson, who signed Evra from Monaco in January 2006, he was one of the best buys he made as United manager.

"With full-backs it's like searching for a rare bird," wrote Ferguson in his second autobiography. "When we first saw Evra, he was playing as a wing-back but he had the speed and was young enough to switch to a full-back in our system. We knew plenty of his attacking capabilities. He was quick, had superb technique and strong personality. Very strong."

After a disastrous debut in the Manchester derby, that personality would win Evra respect in the ultra-driven environment of United's dressing room. He made friends quickly and helped players feel part of the club. For example, Park Ji-Sung could not speak English when he joined in July 2005 but the two became close. Similarly Nani, who arrived 18 months after Evra, became a friend.

Evra went on to play 379 times for United, more than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Nemanja Vidic, Cristiano Ronaldo or Dennis Viollet. Speaking to him on Oct. 28 following Juventus' defeat at Sassuolo -- only the second game this season for which Evra had been eligible but not selected -- he admitted "I miss Manchester, I really do."

As raindrops landed on the beautifully cut Trussardi suit which the Juventus players wear (Pogba pushed the trousers of his into socks pulled up to his knees), Evra also said he wants to go on playing until he's 40 -- "like [Ryan] Giggs".

Just as he has all his life, Evra will use any doubts people might have about that as a motivating factor to prove them wrong. Three days later, he started in Juve's derby victory vs. Torino. A week after that, he scored in a win at Empoli.

Next for Evra is an emotional occasion at Wembley. He played there several times for United, including in the 2011 Champions League final. He was a loser that night, but his sadness was tempered because his close friend Eric Abidal, who had recently been diagnosed with cancer, was a winner with Barcelona.

As Abidal lifted the trophy, he saw Evra smiling. Life can be awful, but there are always diamonds which shine through the darkness.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Patrice Evra to return to England in 2016?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/patrice-evra-to-return-to-england_262444.html

Nov 19, 2015

Patrice Evra could reportedly return to the Premier League in January as the Frenchman enters the latter stages of his contract at Juventus.

The French international played in England from 2006 until 2014, making almost 400 appearances in all competitions for Manchester United, before leaving for Juventus, where he won the Italian title in his first season.

The 34-year-old's current deal in Turin expires next summer, however, and it is understood that there is unlikely to be fresh talks about an extension.

According to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport, Juve could cut ties with the left-back in January and a host of Premier League clubs are said to be in the running.

Evra's former club Man United are expected to move for a new left-back in the winter window following injuries to both Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo, which has seen 18-year-old Cameron Borthwick-Jackson thrust into the first-team picture.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Still not real Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/77691/evra-‘still-not-real-juventus’?

Dec 30, 2015

Patrice Evra warns “we’re still not Juventus, because the real Juve wins the League”.

The defender criticised his teammates after the defeat to Sassuolo earlier this season, but seven wins in a row have propelled the Bianconeri back into the Scudetto race.

“We had a meeting after Sassuolo and we said the things we needed to say,” Evra revealed in an interview with Sky.

“At the end we all discussed the importance of playing for this club and respecting this shirt. I think it was a psychological problem.

“Psychologically there was something wrong, and we had to meet and say what was wrong, sacrifice for our teammates instead of always complaining.

“In the end I think we all had to pull in the same direction, and there wasn’t a problem for the new arrivals or the older heads, we got together and we reformed our family.

“Now we’re going in the direction we wanted at the start of the season. I’ve always believed that when you play for Juve, the goal at the start of the year is to win the title and a lot of trophies.

“That’s the way it’s always been for me, and that’s what I said when I gave my interview. Maybe some people laughed, but I still believed.

“I believe in my teammates, I believe in this club and I think we can do something great.

“But we mustn’t forget, we’re still not Juve, because the real Juve wins the League, it’s only at the end that we can talk.

“At first people talked, and that’s normal as we didn’t have a good start to the season, but now that people are saying we’re favourites it doesn’t change anything.

“The goal remains the same, and we haven’t done anything yet.

“I’ve always compared us to all the other teams, and the other teams can win the title, but of the teams I’ve played against I’d say the most dangerous is Juventus.

“I don’t think that’s arrogance, because I totally trust my teammates, and if we give our all we’ll reach our objectives.”

Evra was also asked what he did over the Christmas break.

“Something really important. Something more important than football and winning the Champions League.

“Since 2012 I’ve been working with UNICEF, and in my project we have three orphanages with children in them.

“We started with 20, now there are 500 children. It’s in a very poor neighbourhood in Dakar in Senegal.

“I can’t thank God enough for giving me the opportunity to help these children who don’t have anything, and the staff who are working for them.

“It was a very emotional and moving experience, it was the best holiday of my life.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juventus can beat Bayern’

http://www.football-italia.net/77692/%E2%80%98juventus-can-beat-bayern%E2%80%99

Dec 30, 2015

Patrice Evra believes Juventus' organisation can help them beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri lost in the final of the competition last year, but have a tough task in the Last 16 of this year’s competition as they face the German champions.

“We’ll have to play the way Juve know how,” Evra told Sky.

“I’ve always said that to my teammates, when I came here last year, after the Dortmund game I said ‘let’s go to the final’ and people would laugh.

“I was truly in awe of the organisation of Italian teams. When you’re organised you can do well, even against a great team like Barcelona in the final we weren’t far away from winning.

“Juve are a difficult team to beat because of that, so I don’t think Bayern would have been jumping for joy after drawing Juve in the Last 16.”

The French international has been rotated with new arrival Alex Sandro in recent weeks, and admits he’d rather play every week.

“I’m someone who likes to play every game, and I don’t like rotation. But Alex Sandro is doing better than at the beginning of the season, and I’ve also given him some advice.

“I’m happy, because the most important thing is the results, we have to let the new arrivals grow.

“I’m more the present than the future of Juventus, so that’s why we get along calmly, working together.

“But as I said, I like to play every game, and like Sir Alex Ferguson said, I’ll rest when I retire.

“For 2016 I’d ask for more sacrifice, more collaboration from everyone.

“Our objective hasn’t yet been acheived, and it’ll only be achieved when we’re champions of Italy for the fifth time in a row.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evra: Great season awaits Juventus

After putting their early season slump behind them, the French full-back
says the Bianconeri are united in their pursuit of silverware.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/12/30/18844032/-?

Dec 30, 2015

Patrice Evra says defending Serie A champions Juventus are fully focused on winning titles this season after overcoming their early slump.

Juve began the 2015-16 campaign with one win in their opening six matches, but since late October they have turned their domestic form around - winning seven in succession.

That form has seen them surge up the table to within three points of leaders Inter, and Evra claims the run of results has forged a renewed faith in the ability of the squad.

"Psychologically there was something wrong," he told Sky Sport Italia. "[but] now we're going in the direction we wanted at the start of the season.

"I've always believed that when you play for Juve, the goal at the start of the year is to win the title and a lot of trophies.

"I believe in my team-mates, I believe in this club and I think we can do something great.

"I've always compared us to all the other teams, and the other teams can win the title, but of the teams I've played against I'd say the most dangerous is Juventus.

"I don't think that's arrogance, because I totally trust my team-mates, and if we give our all we'll reach our objectives."

Juventus are at home to struggling Hellas Verona when Serie A resumes on January 6 and will be aiming to close the gap at the top of the table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve want Evra extension

http://www.football-italia.net/78232/juve-want-evra-extension?

Jan 12, 2016

Patrice Evra is reportedly set to be offered a one-year contract extension by Juventus.

The 34-year-old’s current deal is due to expire in June and there is believed to be interest in him from France and England.

Tuttosport reports today that the left-back’s representatives will meet Juve directors soon to discuss a new deal, with a one-year extension until 2017 likely.

The Frenchman is believed to want to stay in Turin and is considered one of the most influential players in the Bianconeri dressing room.

Evra has scored one goal in 15 Serie A appearances this season despite competition from summer signing Alex Sandro.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: 'Serie A tougher than Premier'

http://www.football-italia.net/80890/evra-serie-tougher-premier?

Mar 6, 2016

Juventus' Patrice Evra is pleased with the 2-0 win over Atalanta: 'Compared to the Premier League, Serie A really teaches you to defend'.

In spite of their recent near-disaster against Inter in the Coppa Italia, the Bianconeri have kept up their form in the championship, making it nine games in a row without conceding a goal now.

“The real Juventus is the team capable of picking up a strings of victories, and that's what's happening,” he told the Press. “From here onwards every game is a final, so I'm not surprised when I see Mandzukic helping us in defence.

“Every day I think about our objective, which is the fifth consecutive Scudetto. When I came to Italy Tevez told me that it took a hundred chances to score one goal in Serie A.

“This is different by comparison to England, where it's a show in which the first team to get exhausted falls, like a boxer. In Serie A, you win with your head.

“I'm learning so much here. I must thank Italy, a country that taught me so much from early on in my career. Now let's win against Bayern Munich. I do believe it's possible.

“Lemina? I'm happy for his goal. I told him to be decisive. Victories are made with the whole squad and this will have to be our strength if we want to lift a trophy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Patrice Evra confident Bayern Munich can be beaten

2vvvnnm.jpg

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2824074/patrice-evra-confident-juventus-can-beat-bayern-munich

Mar 7, 2016

Patrice Evra believes Juventus are capable of eliminating Bayern Munich from the Champions League next week.

Juve, who lost to Barcelona in last season's final, were trailing 2-0 to Bayern in the first leg of their round-of-16 clash in Turin but came back to secure a 2-2 draw.

While Pep Guardiola's men remain favourites to progress, Evra is confident Juve can score the goals they need to create an upset at the Allianz Arena on March 16.

"I believe we can do it," he told Mediaset television. "Juventus are on the rise both in Italy and in Europe.

"Nobody expected us to make the final last year and nobody thinks we can beat Bayern, but we've got to believe in it. We want to make our fans proud."

The Bianconeri saw off Atalanta 2-0 on Sunday to restore their three-point lead at the top of Serie A, while on Wednesday night they needed extra time and penalties to see off Inter Milan in the semifinal of the Coppa Italia.

Last season, as well as reaching the Champions League final, Juve won a Serie A and Coppa Italia double and played 57 games in total.

They have already played 40 games this season, but Evra insists Massimiliano Allegri's players can cope with their workload as they seek a successful end to the season.

"I don't see any tiredness at all," he said. "It's all in the mind. We know that what we can achieve is too great [to be feeling tired]. If I have to start crying and say I'm tired, then that means I'm not good enough to play for Juventus."

He added: "We've got so many leaders, starting with the coach and his intelligent team-talks. We're all playing with so much more love and respect for the shirts we are wearing.

"We have to carry on like this. Talk about tiredness just does not exist."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Patrice Evra agree to contract extension through 2018

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/4/4/11359546/patrice-evra-juventus-2016-serie-a-contract-extension

Apr 4, 2016

While one out-of-contract Juventus player seems to be a certainty to leave Turin and sign with another team this summer, reports out of Italy on Sunday make it seem like one of the other fellas is staying put right where he is and will be sticking around a few more years. And this, my friends, is good news. Very, very good news.

According to French media outlet Téléfoot, Juventus and left back Patrice Evra have agreed to a contract extension that will see the Frenchman stay with the reigning Italian champions until the end of the 2017-18 season. That, in extremely general terms, would mean Evra puts pen to paper on a two-year contract extension, keeping around one of Juventus' most experienced players on its roster.

It's an interesting development — but obviously a very good development — for a couple of reasons:

Evra will be 35 years old in the middle of May (about six weeks from now).
Alex Sandro is clearly the left back of the future, meaning any potential playing time for Evra will certainly but cut over the next couple of seasons.
Juventus didn't pay upwards of €26 million for Alex Sandro last summer just for him to be a part-time player over the course of the majority of his contract. And based on how he has played in his first season with Juve, it's not like Sandro has done anything to make that transfer fee look like it is wasted money or anything close to it.

By reportedly agreeing to a contract extension, it looks as though Evra is more than comfortable with life in Italy and having a younger option potentially take away from some of his playing time. It's not like Evra has been bad when called up by any means. But to think that Sandro isn't going to be the No. 1 option at left back or left wing back in the next season or two would be probably a little too off-base.

So, I say this in the most genuine of ways: Bravo to you, Patrice Evra, for wanting to stick around a little while longer. You're more than welcome to mainly because you've been a good player for the last two years. Let's hope that stays that way even though you become awfully close to that magical number of 40 years old.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus prepare Evra renewal?

http://www.football-italia.net/82760/juventus-prepare-evra-renewal?

Apr 13, 2016

Juventus are reportedly ready to offer Patrice Evra a one-year extension, with the option for another.

The left-back has been a key man for the Bianconeri over the last two seasons, but is out of contract at the end of the season.

The Frenchman is 34 now, but intends to keep playing, and has said that there is a two-year deal on the table.

However, Sky today reports that the offer is in fact a one-year extension, with an option for a further year.

The Bianconeri are working on a number of renewals, as Coach Massimiliano Allegri and defender Andrea Barzagli are also set for new deals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Evra: ‘Juve war machine’

http://www.football-italia.net/83463/evra-%E2%80%98juve-war-machine%E2%80%99?

Apr 27, 2016

Juventus are ‘a war machine’ says Patrice Evra, who believes ‘next year will be really important’ as they target Champions League glory.

The France international has played a key role in the Bianconeri’s fifth consecutive Scudetto, which was sealed on Monday after Napoli were beaten by Roma.

“Is this Scudetto different? Yes, because everyone said Juve were finished at the start,” Evra told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“We still haven’t realised what we’ve done. I arrived last year and made a pact with the club: to be a champion of Italy twice. For me it’s a great satisfaction but there’s still a lot to win with Juve.

“We are a war machine. We want to win every game, for Allegri now the quality of the performance counts more than the result, because he’s already thinking about next year to be at the top in the Champions League.

“Being knocked out in the last 16 was a shame, because this year the team was more ready mentally to win the cup than before.

“Juve is the best in Europe as an organisation. My teammates told me that two years ago there was uncertainty in Europe.

“Now the mentality has changed and you can see that in the big games: when we face teams like Bayern I can see in the faces of my teammates that we are Juve and we can beat anyone.

“There’s enormous quality in this team. If we can put it in our heads that we’re the best in Europe then we can become that. We’re building something solid. Next year will be really important.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti