Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Juventus News

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve biggest Euro earners

http://www.football-italia.net/74423/juve-biggest-euro-earners?

Oct 17, 2015

UEFA reveal Juventus earned €89.1m from the 2014-15 Champions League campaign, more than any other club.

The Bianconeri were beaten in the Final by Barcelona in May.

However, they picked up almost €30m more than the Blaugrana, who only got €61.27m.

This is due to the market pool, as there were only two Italian clubs in the competition and Roma went out in the group phase.

Barcelona had to share the Spanish market pool with the other sides who took part in the tournament.

Napoli reached the semi-finals of the Europa League and earned €12.5m, whereas Fiorentina – who also got into the final four – pocketed €10.5m.

Inter followed on €6.8m and Torino €6.5m.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus loanee Federico Mattielo
breaks his leg for a second time :(

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/10/23/9601024/federico-mattiello-injury-chievo-verona-juventus-2015-serie-a-news

Oct 23, 2015

Even when they're not playing at Juventus during the current season, they're bound to get injured. This is the reality we are being forced to deal with right now. It doesn't matter if they're officially on the senior squad roster or just on the books because they're out on loan, nobody is safe. Absolutely nobody.

And why does it have to be Federico Mattiello? Why oh why does it have to be Federico Mattiello?

Mattiello, who is spending his first-full season on loan at Chievo this year, has broken the same leg that he hurt earlier in the calendar year when he was tackled in the game against Roma. It was initially thought that the 20-year-old Italian, a member of the Azzurrini, "only" sprained his ankle. But, upon further review, the diagnosis for young Federico is much, much worse than that.

From the Chievo official website:

A.C. ChievoVerona announces that Federico Mattiello suffered a compound fracture in his right tibia after twisting his ankle. He broke his right leg earlier this year.

Chairman Luca Campedelli, Sports Director Luca Nember, Coach Rolando Maran and everyone at ChievoVerona wish him a speedy recovery.

Mattiello, who missed the start of the season because he was still recuperating from his first broken leg, had just played a full 90 minutes for the first time since said injury occurred. in Chievo's 3-2 loss to Genoa this past weekend. He recorded an assist, too, as he got the start at right back for Chievo.

But now, instead of building off a good performance for a club that obviously believes in him, it's pretty clear what Mattiello's future holds. It's the same kind of rehab that he went through earlier this year, something that certainly wasn't easy the first time around, let alone a second round within the span of about seven months or so.

Via Twitter, Juventus sent out well wishes to one of their most recent primavera graduates.

JuventusFC ✔ @juventusfc
Un grande in bocca al lupo a @mattiellofede da tutti noi! #TornaPrestoFede!

Amen to that. Get well, Federico. And may you drink lots of milk to build strong bones in the future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

3 Biggest Worries for Juventus' 2015-16 Season so Far

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581868-3-biggest-worries-for-juventus-201516-season-so-far?

Oct 23, 2015

It's been a rough season for Juventus. The four-time defending champions have been hit hard by injuries and have yet to adjust to life without the key players who left during the summer transfer window.

The result of those struggles is stark. After losing only four games all of last year, Juve have already fallen three times this year. They've only won twice in the league, and after eight games, they're in 14th place, nine points behind leaders Fiorentina and eight away from a Champions League place.

The possibility of getting into next year's Champions League by winning the trophy still stands. The team has turned in much better performances in Europe, but still, with teams like Bayern Munich running around, it will be a difficult time.

There is still time for the Bianconeri to right the ship, but they need to address several issues in order for that to happen.

What needs to get fixed? Here are three of the biggest issues Juve have had to deal with so far this term.

Right-Back

At full-strength, the right-back spot for Juve is ridiculously strong. Stephan Lichtsteiner and Martin Caceres are incredibly talented. Both are world-class options on the right flank. Each can play as a traditional full-back or as a wing-back in a 3-5-2 should Massimiliano Allegri decide to go that route.

Unfortunately, neither has been available lately. Caceres has had to deal with injuries since October of last season. He's still unavailable for at least another week after spraining an ankle on international duty with Uruguay.

Factor in the team's internal suspension of the player after he crashed his Ferrari at the end of September in an alleged drunk-driving incident—his second in a year—and the next time he plays in a Juventus shirt will be the first time fans have seen him in a month.

Lichtsteiner's situation is a bit frightening. After suffering breathing difficulties in a match against Frosinone last month, Lichtsteiner was diagnosed with minor heart arrhythmia and had surgery to correct it on October 2.

Since then, there has been a flurry of claims and counterclaims as to how long he will be out. World-renowned cardiologist Bruno Caru—who didn't participate in Lichtsteiner's procedure—claimed shortly after the surgery that he would need to sit out for six months before going back to action. Fiorenzo Gaita, who performed the operation, countered, saying that he would only need a month of recovery if there are no setbacks.

It's understandable that the medical community would want to err on the side of caution when it comes to heart ailments. The ghost of Piermario Morosini haunts these situations. It's why Jonathan Biabiany just spent a year on the sidelines. But while the clamor of just how long Lichtsteiner will be out continues, Juventus need to act.

With both Lichtsteiner and Caceres on the shelf, Juve are operating without a right-back. That has forced Allegri to play a hybrid 3-5-2, with Juan Cuadrado on the right wing. It's become pretty clear over the last year that that formation isn't exactly in Allegri's wheelhouse, and using Andrea Barzagli as a full-back can only be a temporary solution.

Juventus need to get cover for the position in January. When Caceres comes back, he will need a backup if Lichtsteiner is out for an extended period of time. Until then, they need to focus on getting the Uruguayan healthy and keeping him that way until the winter break. If Wednesday's game against Borussia Monchengladbach is any indication, the 3-5-2 is, as it was last year, not serving the team as well under Allegri as it did under Antonio Conte.

Finishing

Despite their dominance of Italian football, Juve's success since Conte's arrival in 2011 has often been characterized by one major weakness: poor finishing.

Until the arrival of Carlos Tevez before the 2013-14 season, Juve's forwards were anything but clinical. In Conte's first two seasons, his top scorer was a midfielder—Claudio Marchisio in 2011-12 and Arturo Vidal in 2012-13. It was why a top forward like Tevez was on the top of director Giuseppe Marotta's shopping list.

Unfortunately, Tevez's departure has caused a recurrence of that problem. Juve's forwards have scored only five times in league play—and top scorer Paulo Dybala's total of three includes a pair of penalties.

Wednesday's Champions League game against Monchengladbach was a prime example of just how badly Juve's forwards are misfiring. The team launched 22 shots—but only two of them were on target. Paul Pogba hit both those shots on target, with two long-range efforts from midfield.

In the meantime, Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata spurned multiple chances. Morata has waffled between too selfish and not selfish enough, but some nagging injuries have prevented him from starting every game.

It hasn't helped that Morata has been the only constant in Juve's front line so far. Allegri hasn't given him a consistent partner all season, and the one he's performed the best with—Dybala—has for some reason not gotten any minutes.

If the flux on the front line stops, Morata and whichever long-term partner he gets—preferably Dybala—will get time to develop the kind of chemistry that the young Spaniard had with Tevez, or that Tevez had with Fernando Llorente two seasons ago. That will mean goals. But especially now, as they go into a series of winnable league games, they cannot afford to be wasteful in front of goal.

Injuries

Injuries have been a massive issue for Juve throughout the year. Apart from Caceres, Lichtsteiner and Morata, Mario Mandzukic, Andrea Barzagli, Stefano Sturaro, Sami Khedira and Claudio Marchisio have all missed significant time this season. Kwadwo Asamoah has only just returned from a major injury that claimed almost the entire season from him last year.

Those injuries have exacerbated the chemistry issues that stemmed from the losses Juve suffered in the transfer market. The midfield was particularly affected, as Sturaro and Mario Lemina were thrown into the fire and Simone Padoin was used as an emergency measure as well.

That saw Pogba overplay, attempting to do far too much with the ball. The return of Khedira and Marchisio has seen him calm down and begin to play more within himself.

Now, Allegri has his entire team at his disposal, with the exception of his two right-backs. Going forward, he needs to focus on keeping it that way. One of his biggest problems at AC Milan was a constant injury issue. Given the need to develop chemistry after so many changes over the summer, a similar problem at Juve would spell death.

Hopefully the issues are put to bed. If they are, Juve can put their season back together. If not, it will be a difficult year ahead.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Deschamps: ‘No Juventus regrets’

http://www.football-italia.net/74929/deschamps-%E2%80%98no-juventus-regrets%E2%80%99?

Oct 28, 2015

France CT Didier Deschamps insists he has “no regrets” over his time at Juventus, but doesn’t rule out returning one day.

The former midfielder took over in Turin when the club was demoted to Serie B as part of the Calciopoli scandal, and guided the Bianconeri back to the top flight.

However, the Frenchman resigned after sealing the Serie B title with two rounds to spare.

“It was my choice, my error,” Deschamps explained in an interview with Tuttosport.

“At that time I thought it was the right decision, but I have no regrets. You can’t live in the past, and I’m very proud of what I did as a player.

“As a Coach, I arrived in a very difficult situation in Serie B and I brought Juventus to Serie A. Both personally and from a sporting point of view it was a very positive year.

“Unfortunately it didn’t end as I’d imagined, but it was my choice.

“Why did I use the word ‘error’? At the time it was the only right choice for me, eventually you stop and think, and you reflect.

“I won’t go back to the arguments which led to me to make the decision, but I realise the world of football didn’t understand and couldn’t understand.

“I paid, because around the world people wondered why someone who took the club to Serie A would walk away. Maybe these directors received the wrong answers?

“It’s something that’s still part of my experience.”

Deschamps was then asked whether he’d ever consider returning to the Juventus bench.

“You can’t write the same story, I don’t know, it’s not possible to say. At the moment I feel great in my role as CT and I hope to do it for as long as possible.

“You can always write another story, but I can’t see into the future.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Congratulate Former Striker On League Title

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/11/juventus-congratulate-former-striker-on-league-title/?

Nov 2, 2015

Juventus were quick to applaud former striker Carlos Tevez and his Boca Juniors team for winning the Argentine league title on Sunday.

The trophy marks Tevez’s eighth league championship in four different countries, having previously won titles in Brazil, England and Italy.

The reigning Scudetto holders took to Twitter in order to congratulate the 31-year-old forward.

JuventusFC ✔ @juventusfces
¡Enhorabuena @carlitos3210 por la conquista del título en @Argentina con @BocaJrsOficial ! #BocaCampeon

“Congratulations [Carlos Tevez] for winning the title in Argentina with Boca Juniors,” the tweet read.

Prior to arriving at Boca Juniors in the summer, Tevez had spent two seasons with the Italian champions, scoring 50 goals in 96 appearances in all competitions.

Along with the departures of Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo, Tevez’s exit from the club signaled the start of a transitional period that has seen Juventus struggle to maintain the consistent form necessary for a title challenge this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

It's the day of Juventus legend
Alessandro Del Piero's birth

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/11/9/9694376/juventus-alessandro-del-piero-41st-birthday-christmas-in-november-2015

Nov 9, 2015

As always, these two things are always going to be true no matter what time of the year it is:

There are many fans around the BWRAO community — lurkers or otherwise — who were Juventus fans before Alessandro Del Piero signed in Turin way back in 1993.

There are many fans around the BWRAO community — lurkers or otherwise — who are Juventus because of Alessandro Del Piero was one of the best players in the club's history.
No matter when, where, how and why we are Juventus fans, we have all rooted for Alessandro Del Piero at some point in time during his 19 years with Juve. When looking at Juventus players over the past 25 or 30 years, he's the guy of all guys. As much as Gigi Buffon is our capitano right now — and he's an absolutely wonderful one, too — Del Piero was our capitano for so many years before that. And for many, he always will be that no matter who dons the captain's armband going into the future.

I bring all of this up because, today, Nov. 9, is something we like to call 'Christmas in November,' otherwise known as the day Del Piero was born on. Behold a sacred day in the history of Juventus (even though nobody knew it at the time back in 1974).

JuventusFC ✔ @juventusfcen
Your name will forever be legend.

Sent out at 12:05 a.m. in Italy. That's some pretty good timing, huh?

There are so many things to love about Del Piero the player and the person — the class, the goals, the free kicks, the goal celebrations, DAT SMILE. I could probably sit here and try to wax poetically for hours on end about what made Del Piero so great as a footballer and as a captain at the club he loved so freaking much. For two decades we watched Del Piero lead Juventus to wins that led to titles. We watched him score goals that simply made our jaws drop. We watched him be, at the very least, one of the best Italian players of both this generation and ever before.

Eight Scudetti. A Champions League trophy. A Coppa Italia trophy. Four Supercoppas. The list of both team and individual honors Del Piero won during his two-decade-long career with Juventus goes on and on and on.

Juventus posted this on their website to commemorate Del Piero's birthday:

In a Juve career spanning 19 years, Del Piero wrote his name not only in the history books of Italy's most successful club for his sustained goalscoring brilliance and long-serving loyalty to the Old Lady but also for his national team, with whom he memorably won the World Cup in 2006.

Alessandro's Bianconeri story will forever be one of breath-taking strikes, crucial assists and trophy-laden success and as such, it is with great pleasure that everyone involved with Juventus Football Club wishes him many happy returns on his special day.

Pretty hard to disagree with any of that. When it comes to knowing things about Del Piero, I'd say Juventus are one of the best sources there are around. And when they praise Del Piero for all he's done, you pretty much just nod your head in agreement because it's not like they're feeding you something that isn't true.

Thank you, Alessandro Del Piero, for the years of being one of the best there ever was and ever will be. May you enjoy yourself a round of golf today, your 41st birthday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Six Juventus players called up to
Italian national team squad by Anotnio Conte

Some surprises on the list.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/11/10/9698402/six-juventus-players-called-up-to-italian-national-squad-by-anotnio-conte

Nov 10, 2015

Italy national team manager and ex-Juventus boss Antonio Conte has certainly raised some eyebrows with his Azzurri selections.

Can't say we were really surprised by the Bianconeri choices in the squad, but certain other selections have been head scratching-worthy especially considering how little these players have played this season. And then some players who have been tearing it up on the pitch in the Serie A are still finding it hard to make it into the side.

Italy will play Belgium in Brussels on Nov.13 before hosting Romania in Bologna on Nov. 17.

Squad

Goalkeepers:

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Daniele Padelli (Torino), Mattia Perin (Genoa), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA)

Defenders:

Francesco Acerbi (Sassuolo), Luca Antonelli (AC Milan), Davide Astori (Fiorentina), Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini (all Juventus), Matteo Darmian (Manchester United/ENG), Mattia De Sciglio (AC Milan), Lorenzo De Silvestri (Sampdoria)

Midfielders:

Giacomo Bonaventura (AC Milan), Antonio Candreva (Lazio), Alessio Cerci (AC Milan), Stephan El Shaarawy (Monaco/FRA), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Emanuele Giaccherini (Bologna), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (AC Milan), Marco Parolo (Lazio), Roberto Soriano (Sampdoria)

Forwards:

Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Eder (Sampdoria), Stefano Okaka (Anderlecht/BEL), Graziano Pelle (Southampton/ENG), Simone Zaza (Juventus)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pirlo dismisses New York City exit speculation

The veteran former Juventus midfielder has seen his name linked with sides such as
Inter and Manchester City lately, but reiterated his commitment to the MLS via Twitter.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/11/10/17193452/-?

Nov 10, 2015

Andrea Pirlo has dismissed suggestions he could make a swift return to European football, insisting he is happy to be in the MLS with New York City.

Recent rumours have linked the former Juventus star with Manchester City and Inter, after he left Turin for the Big Apple in the summer.

But a message left on Pirlo's Twitter account appeared to show he was not considering a move away from the United States.

Andrea Pirlo ✔ @Pirlo_official
Finally back to work #nycfc #BackHome #ny #StopRumors #PirloStyle

"Finally back to work," the Italian said on the social media site, with an intriguing selection of hashtags following.

"#nycfc #BackHome #ny #StopRumors #PirloStyle".

Pirlo struggled to make an impact in MLS following his much-heralded move, playing 13 games as the new franchise finised 17th overall and missed out on the play-offs.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ibra: ‘Serie A best in world’

http://www.football-italia.net/75576/ibra-%E2%80%98serie-best-world%E2%80%99

Nov 10, 2015

Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that ‘Serie A is the best league in the world’ and reflects on his time in Italy.

The 34-year-old has played for Juventus, Inter and Milan but left the peninsula in 2012 to join the current French champions.

However, he still holds the league in high regard and looks back on his time there fondly.

“Serie A is the place where I became famous with Juventus,” he said to giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“At Ajax I wasn’t an international star yet. Everything changed at the Bianconeri: the world opened its eyes and saw me.

“Apart from the year at Barcelona, I played and lived in Italy from 2004 to 2012.

“I won the title with the three biggest clubs, Juventus, Inter and Milan. I became top scorer, I was chosen as best player.

“For me it remains the best league in the world. And also it’s the most difficult for a striker, because they think firstly about not conceding goals and then about making them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' future depends on matching
Europe's financial elite

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2712544/juventus-must-match-europes-financial-elite?

Nov 14, 2015

Patrice Evra confirmed in an interview this week that, despite his age, Juventus continue to teach, develop and nurture him, even managing to save his life (it was at the club where the defender learned he was allergic to eggs, a dish he often indulged in while at Manchester United.)

A club renowned for its discipline and professionalism, there's little that the finest players in the world would not learn in Turin, Italy. The art of tactics, the importance of patterns, of versatility and discipline, even 34-year-old stars who have plied their trade at the top level never stop learning. Indeed, Evra told Canal Plus: "I have learned a lot about football -- how to be more professional, even if I was professional in Manchester."

At Juventus, players are always developing, whether mentally while under the tutelage of Antonio Conte, or tactically through the words of manager Massimiliano Allegri. And words like those uttered by Evra leave many Juve fans with hope that the club will bounce back to reclaim their place at the top of Serie A after a disappointing start to the season.

Yet while the players have not matched up at times this season and Allegri has tinkered far too often, it's difficult to continue reprimanding the squad when, at the very highest level, there has been little sign of development.

It was only recently that the Turin giants announced a €16.8 million profit for the first quarter of 2014-15. Yet if you study the balance sheets, it is obvious that they are still overly-dependent on the revenue generated through TV deals.

On a commercial level, Juve lag far behind the top clubs, a huge distance off the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United. The Old Lady make approximately €85m in commercial revenue; PSG make close to €328m; while the likes of Bayern Munich make €105.2m alone from merchandising -- a figure any Italian club would only dream of producing.

It was thought that Andrea Agnelli's management team, with his presence at the helm, were improving matters and they did make a small difference, at least on a small scale.

Francesco Calvo, the Bianconeri's commercial director, did good work in securing better sponsorship deals while ensuring the club itself managed merchandising and licensing. Indeed, such was the belief in his ideas that 42 people were hired to help him grow the brand. Yet Calvo has now departed, starting a new adventure with Barcelona. Juve have suffered as a result.

Considering the wealth of talent they have on the pitch, there is hope the club will recover their form in spite of the PR problems suffered by the senior management. Yet it remains imperative that Calvo's departure is not allowed to hinder the club's exploitation of commercial potential and new sources of revenue are sought to ensure they don't remain dependent on TV money.

Inter were largely criticised for their inability to capitalise on the success achieved under Jose Mourinho, including their Treble winning season of 2010. As Gabriele Marcotti wrote: "Between 2006 and 2010, five years in which the club won everything in sight, commercial income rose from $63.5m to $65.4m. Across town, AC Milan, with a comparable fan base but with considerably worse results on the pitch, saw their commercial income go up from $91.9m to $122.7m."

While Milan are still the best example of an Italian club that understands how to market a brand, the good news is that by the end of June 2017, the Juventus Village will be ready. Four thousand square metres across six sites, JVillage will include new training facilities, the club's head office, a hotel and a concept store amongst other things -- a project in which the club has already invested €100m and is expected to help bring Juventus in line with football's major players in terms of revenue.

If the Bianconeri want to remain at the forefront of the Italian game then they must maintain their professional course, ridding themselves of the issues that have dampened their hopes for more trophies and commercial growth. Juventus may never have been as marketable as Manchester United, but the Old Lady's future depends on how well the club adapt to their new direction.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Trying to find Juventus' best starting XI

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/11/16/9739636/trying-to-find-juventus-best-starting-11-max-allegri-team-mangement-2015-serie-a

Nov 16, 2015

This year we've seen countless team sheets announced, to general consternation/anger/disappointment from our ever-fickle internet fanbase. We've seen Antonio Conte's 3-5-2 switched to the Max Allegri 4-3-3/3-5-2 hybrid, a dash of 4-3-1-2, all to varying levels of success.

But what's this team's best lineup?

Here's what we know for sure: It's gotta have Claudio Marchisio. It's probably gotta have Sami Khedira. The rest of the questions are not so easily answered. Is the real Hernanes somewhere inside that listless husk of a Brazilian? Which Mario Mandžukić will show up? Can Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado co-exist? SHOULD WE LEAVE ALVARO MORATA BY HIS LONELY SELF ON THE LEFT?

This year's Juventus is deeper than any one in recent memory. We have enough quality squad members to field 2-3 different teams in a variety of tactical formations and with a number of different approaches. Unfortunately, with the injuries this team's suffered throughout this season, we've had to see all too many of them.

Let's state the obvious here: We miss Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez. Show me a team in the world that wouldn't feel the pain of their absence and I'll show you a team you just made up, liar.

Tarek Khatib @ADP1113
Morata on 10 changes "It's difficult to absorb all the new features straight-away & it isn't normal for a CL finalist to change 10 players."

Tarek Khatib @ADP1113
Morata on Vidal Pirlo & Tevez leaving "Don't forget Giovinco & Llorente: there were 10 changes, I'd like to see anyone in our situation."

There has been a TON of turnover this season. And it hasn't been pretty by any means. Just as if it looked as if Juventus had turned a corner, one Nicola Sansone (you little bastard!!!!) free kick and a Giorgio Chiellini red card (you dumb bastard!!!!) changed the whole perception.

But it really does seem to be coming together. The Torino win was a major rallying point for this team, although the Gladbach draw certainly was a bit of a downer following the emotion of Cuadrado's last-gasp winner. All the freshly applied bandages to this season's early wounds flew off in unison when Massimo Maccarone put Empoli ahead 1-0, but thankfully Mandžukić and Patrice Evra quickly allayed those fears.

However, as our walking wounded slowly return to the fold, we have 21 players fully capable of starting (and Simone Padoin). So what's our best XI? Obviously our lineup will change throughout the season with form, fitness and tactics, but what side puts us in the best position to win in Serie A?

Let's start with the easiest part of this task: Superman Gigi Buffon. He's been brilliant this year in rescuing our sorry hides from some — even more — embarrassing results.

Here's where it gets complicated.

Andrea Barzagli has been brilliant both as an out-and-out center-back and in the center back-cum-right back (don't you dare) role Allegri has asked him to play. However, playing Barzagli wide leaves out the Swiss Express. That's not an option for me, so Stephan Lichtsteiner gets the start at right back with the Wall in the center. But with whom do we partner him? Ever the warrior, Chiellini, is a brilliant defender whose leadership is always important, but his chaotic style and rash challenges have become more and more costly in recent years, so I'd opt for Leonardo Bonucci. While he still has some adjusting to do in a center-back pairing, his range of passing and calm play out of the back helps set the tone for the team. As much as I agitated for Alex Sandro's signing, at present, Uncle Pat Evra's leadership and experience is too valuable to leave him off the pitch in big games. Sandro has plenty of time to grow into his role at Juve, and his energy and quality off the bench is especially useful.

My midfield three of regista Marchisio, (hopefully healthy) box-to-box midfielder Khedira and phenomenon Paul Labile Pogba picks itself. They've not had many chances to play together, but the combined skillset of these three is far and away our best option at present. While Roberto Pereyra, Hernanes, Kwadwo Asamoah, Mario Lemina and Stefano Sturaro (my God, they have so many damn midfielders!!) are all more than capable, I don't think there's much question about that trio.

Now, bear with me for a moment. Imagine an attacking trident with Álvaro Morata at its head; Juan Guillermo Cuadrado wreaks havoc on the right, while Paulo Dybala flits and floats across the pitch, creating where he will. Álvarito drifts to the left to drag hapless center backs out of space, while Paulo Dybala appears out of the mist to find the ball in a previously nonexistent pocket.

It sounds good, doesn't it?

My firm belief is that unleashing Cuadrado and Dybala simultaneously is the key to Juventus' success. With one or the other on the field, the burden of playmaking is too much, and unbalances the team. Cuadrado's presence takes some of the pressure off Dybala's shoulders, while Dybala's craft and guile frees space for Cuadrado to be his electrifyingly dangerous best self. It's time to give it to our opponents with both barrels.

This Juventus team has a ton of growth ahead of it, and enough time to grow something special. For all of Juve's haplessness this season, they're still only NINE points off the Serie A title pace. With Milan up next and Manchester City looming a few days after, now is the time to lay down a marker and really kickstart this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Breaking Down the Fantasy Team
Juventus Could Have Had

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2589333-breaking-down-the-fantasy-team-juventus-could-have-had?

Nov 17, 2015

Sitting nine points behind early leaders Fiorentina, the 2015/16 campaign has begun in difficult circumstances for Juventus. With a vastly altered side after a tumultuous summer, coach Massimiliano Allegri has struggled to create a cohesive unit from the club's raft of new players.

The problems hindering him have been analysed in great detail, with the reasons for the poor performances of the team discussed at length here. As Juve have laboured, supporters could be forgiven for wondering what might have been, their thoughts drifting to the players who would be taking to the field for their beloved Old Lady if circumstances allowed.

With that in mind, what follows is a look at the fantasy team Juventus could have had this season, adding those current players who were sold cheaply, were allowed to leave on a free or had their loans not made permanent in recent years.

The team is broken down into each department of Allegri’s preferred 4-3-2-1 formation, but it also acknowledges that some of those who departed no longer wished to wear the famous black and white stripes of the reigning Serie A champions.

Goalkeeper

While Juventus have problems throughout the side this term, there is no man fans would rather see in goal than Gigi Buffon. The club captain has already saved his team-mates from even worse results, making some incredible saves and managing to keep six clean sheets, despite the defence ahead of him making mistakes.

Backing him up is Brazil international Neto, who has featured in just one game thus far but was not at fault for Leonardo Blanchard’s late equaliser in the 1-1 draw with Frosinone. Indeed, the 26-year-old was excellent at Fiorentina last term, with statistics courtesy of ESPN FC showing he made 94 saves in 36 appearances for La Viola.

Perhaps there is room for improvement behind that duo, with Antonio Mirante of Bologna the ideal candidate. Sold to Sampdoria for around €1.5 million back in 2008, the Juventus youth product has carved out an impressive reputation during six years with Parma and would count as a homegrown player for the Bianconeri.

Full-Back

Allegri is blessed to also have some reliable figures in the two full-back roles, with Stephan Lichtsteiner and Patrice Evra both reliable. The former recently returned to action after a month on the side lines, and the Switzerland international’s importance to Juve was discussed at length in this previous column.

Lichtsteiner’s strike against Borussia Monchengladbach secured a vital point for the Bianconeri, while Evra netted a vital goal of his own after the side fell behind in their last match with Empoli.

OptaPaolo ✔ @OptaPaolo
1 - Stephan Lichtsteiner has scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League on his 29th appearance. Heart.

Behind the Frenchman, Alex Sandro has huge potential to make the left flank his own, providing defensive solidity and wonderful attacking incision, as he proved with a match-winning assist in the derby against Torino.

His playing time has been limited following his €26 million summer move from Porto, but Sandro insists that does not worry him, as he revealed in an interview with Sky Italia earlier this month.

“I don’t care about how much I cost,” the 24-year-old said (h/t Football Italia). “I’m working to improve day by day, both in defence and in attack. I’m still developing.” With that being true, there is no need for a fantasy addition at full-back for Juventus at the moment.

Central Defence

In the heart of the back line, Juventus are blessed to have three of the world’s best central defenders, although that is hard to argue given the errors they have committed this term. Andrea Barzagli lost his man to allow Frosinone to score, while Giorgio Chiellini made crucial mistakes against both Sassuolo and Borussia Monchengladbach.

Leonardo Bonucci has also been underwhelming, but there is no player with ties to the club whom fans would rather see in central defence than those three.

Allegri is comforted by the presence of Daniele Rugani, arguably the most talented young defender on the peninsula.

The 21-year-old has made just one brief appearance as a substitute, but he is not yet concerned by that lack of action. “I’ve only just started at Juventus and I knew that it wouldn’t be easy,” he said in an interview with La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport just last month. "However, I must be ready when called upon.”

With the experienced veterans ahead of him ensuring he learns the finer points of the role he almost certainly will be ready, and Allegri believes his quality is unquestionable. Indeed, the coach called Rugani “the future of Juventus” at a recent press conference, and urged him to be patient, which is something he is willing to do.

Midfield

While the defence and goalkeeper raise few questions, the Juventus midfield has been a serious concern throughout the campaign. Paul Pogba has struggled for form, while Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira have battled niggling injuries that have interrupted their respective form as well as team cohesion.

On form, they would appear to be an excellent blend for the three-man unit at the centre of Allegri’s plans, while Stefano Sturaro proved to be a superb backup last term and played a vital role in their 2014/15 success.

Mario Lemina and Hernanes have been somewhat disappointing, but while the departures of Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo have been lamented, there is little doubt both wanted to move on and were rightly allowed to do so.

Attack

Playing ahead of that solid selection of players, the likes of Mario Mandzukic and Simone Zaza have struggled since arriving in Turin, and there is no question Carlos Tevez is the most sorely missed player among those who left this summer.

OptaPaolo ✔ @OptaPaolo
50 - The number of goals scored by Carlos Tevez in 96 games for Juventus (in all competitions): one every 155 minutes. Departure?

Allowed to return to Boca Juniors for a fee of €6.5 million, according to Juve’s official website, having him in the current side would make a major difference. He netted a staggering 50 goals in just 95 appearances; his influence over Paulo Dybala would also have been invaluable to the future of the Bianconeri.

Alvaro Morata proved last season that he is the ideal man to lead the line for Juventus, forming a wonderful understanding with Tevez that could continue in this dream scenario. Juan Cuadrado has filled the third spot, and Dybala could do well there, but Domenico Berardi might be an even better fit.

The Sassuolo forward is beginning only his third top-flight campaign but has registered no fewer than 33 goals and 17 assists in his 70 Serie A matches to date. As his co-ownership with Sassuolo came to an end last summer, supporters would love to see him playing for the home side at Juventus Stadium as soon as possible.

“Like every footballer, I’m working to fulfil my dream of playing for a great team,” Berardi told Sky Italia recently (h/t Football Italia), and he would be the perfect man to complement this ideal XI.

Juventus 2015/16 Fantasy XI (4-3-2-1):

Gigi Buffon; Stephan Lichtsteiner, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini, Patrice Evra; Claudio Marchisio, Sami Khedira, Paul Pogba; Domenico Berardi, Carlos Tevez; Alvaro Morata

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Ranking Juventus' Attacking Options
on Their Goalscoring Threat

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2589288-ranking-juventus-attacking-options-on-their-goalscoring-threat?

Nov 18, 2015

Many of the problems facing Juventus in 2015/16 have been defensive issues, the usually robust Bianconeri keeping just six clean sheets in their opening 16 games of the campaign. Yet they have also struggled in attack, regularly failing to take advantage of the superiority they have often enjoyed.

Indeed the Turin giants have actually improved at creating goal scoring chances, with statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com highlighting the fact they lead the league with an average of 17.8 shots per game.

But they have netted just 16 times this season, a tally bettered by no fewer than five teams and one which has led to questions being asked about the attacking make-up of the side. That is certainly something to consider, though there is little doubt that Paulo Dybala has quickly established himself as Juve’s most dangerous forward.

“Paulo’s come on leaps and bounds, both from a technical and physical perspective,” coach Massimiliano Allegri said at a recent press conference. “He applies himself, wants to learn and after struggling at the start, he’s improved a great deal.”

Dybala leads the team with six goals in all competitions, despite his three shots per game ranking only second-highest in the squad. According to WhoScored, Paul Pogba (3.5) takes top spot, followed by Simone Zaza (2.2), while both Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata muster 1.7 attempts each.

The Argentinian’s most recent goal came during a substitute appearance, and he insists he has no problem seeing others named to the first XI. “There are many players who are doing well, so I was not remotely upset at starting from the bench,” Dybala told Sky Italia (h/t Football Italia) after the victory over Empoli.

OptaPaolo ✔ @OptaPaolo
4 - Mandzukic has netted his fourth goal for Juventus: when the Croatian striker has scored, Bianconeri have always won the match. Amulet.

But there is further proof that should be a rare occurrence if the number of shots is reduced to only those on target, with the same source showing that Pogba again ranks highest with 1.2 per game, with Dybala’s 1.0 seeing him in second place.

Morata’s 0.6 attempts see him rank third, with Zaza (0.5) narrowly ahead of Mandzukic (0.4). The poor form of the latter is little surprise to see he is the most inaccurate striker.

He has hit the target with just 33 percent of his attempts, Morata’s 55 percent leading the way. The Spaniard’s progress has been slowed by his defensive assignment on the flank, but if he made the effort to get into the box more regularly, he could certainly have more impact.

As the table below indicates, he trails all attacking players in terms of shots inside the penalty area, while it also serves to highlight the overall superior attacking prowess of Dybala as well as the subpar performances of Mandzukic and Zaza.

Morata’s only league goal of the season came in the club’s comfortable win over Bologna, and he admitted in an interview with El Larguero (h/t giornalaccio rosa World) that he has “struggled with injuries” and “not been playing in my ideal role.”

Allegri needs to find a way of allowing the 23-year-old to do that, without blunting the impact of Dybala. They could be a potent attacking combination for some time too as Morata also told Spanish outlet Cadena Ser (h/t Football Italia) that he is discussing a contract renewal with Juventus, and everything is going smoothly.”

That bodes well for the future, as the evidence discussed shows that Morata clearly ranks behind only Dybala as Juve’s most lethal scoring threat, with Mandzukic third and the disappointing Zaza fourth.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vieri: 'Serie B forges strikers'

http://www.football-italia.net/75958/vieri-serie-b-forges-strikers?

Nov 19, 2015

Former Azzurri striker Bobo Vieri remembers his past: 'In Serie B you really hardened your bones, or else you broke them. Juventus? I left for money.'

The former Juventus, Inter and Milan poacher was arguably the most prominent Italian attacker of his generation, in particular in the years of 1998-2004, but he did not start out as a forward.

“My Coach needed some help,” he explained to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. “I gave him that help when I was fourteen.

“I was playing as a left-back and I scored more than the strikers. I said, Coach, it's not that I don't like playing in defence, but it may be best if you position me forwards.

“That was in Sydney, in the youth training grounds of the Marconi Football Club. That's how my story as a striker starts.

“I remember that I took such beatings in Serie B! Back then even [Filippo] Inzaghi was among the cadets. We were already friends and I had fun calling him ahead of the critical games, telling him, 'Hey Pippo, they'll break you tomorrow, the madman marking you told me he can't stand you!'

“In Serie B you really forged yourself. Man versus man, every game was a war. It was the championship that created me.

“Those were nasty pitches, especially in the south, where you arrived, smiled and said sincerely: 'Good morning!' and people replied, 'Good morning my left foot!'

“These things built character. You really stiffened your bones there, when you didn't break them.”

Vieri then discussed his farewell from Juventus.

“One day [former Juventus director Luciano] Moggi called me in, and I met my agent and Roberto Bettega. With his tranquil manners and his half-closed eyes, the director told me he was willing to increase my salary.

“But he wasn't prepared to beyond two million lire per season, while Atletico Madrid offered three and a half. So I told myself, 'let's go to Spain'.

“And that was the end of the meeting. I'll admit it, I made my decision looking only at my wallet. If I could go back, I'd have stayed.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Italy close on England in rankings

http://www.football-italia.net/76322/italy-close-england-rankings?

Nov 26, 2015

Italy have closed again on England in the UEFA rankings thanks to this week’s results, above all Juventus beating Manchester City.

The gap between the nations now stands at 2.7 points and when 2011-12 is wiped off next year, the gap will be as things stand only one point..

Serie A can snatch the fourth Champions League spot off the Premier League in 2017-18 and are consistently closing on them in the UEFA rankings.

This week Juventus beat Manchester City 1-0, while Lazio and Napoli were also victorious in the Europa League.

Fiorentina were held to a 2-2 draw, but Roma were the only losers with a humiliating 6-1 defeat at Barcelona.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal won this week, but Manchester United drew and Manchester City lost.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Three Juventus players nominated
for FIFA FIFPro World XI

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/11/27/9805730/three-juventus-players-nominated-for-fifa-fifpro-world-xi-buffon-pogba-chiellini

Nov 27, 2015

Just a few days after seeing plenty of familiar faces nominated to be a part of the UEFA Team of the Year, the same can be said when it comes to FIFA's annual squad of the best of the best.

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, midfielder Paul Pogba and defender Giorgio Chiellini are Juventus' three representatives on the 55-player shortlist. Throw in the fact that Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tévez are also nominated for the the FIFPro Team of the Year, and you have over half of Juventus' starting lineup from last season included. And while it might not be like Bayern Munich who can field an entire lineup with all of their nominations, it's still a nice haul for a team that had so many changes four or five months ago.

After all, there was a still core group of players that didn't head out this past summer. Let's not forget that.

Buffon, ironically not included in FIFA's shortlist for the Ballon d'Or, is no surprise. Same goes for Pogba, who is obviously now a household name amongst footballing fans around Europe and the globe. Chiellini, even struggling with his form throughout the last season or so, is in the same kind of boat. One might have thought that if there's Chiellini, then there's going to be Leonardo Bonucci, but apparently one of the best defenders in all of Europe last season be recognized for his efforts is too hard for FIFA to figure out all by themselves.

The final XI will be revealed at the Ballon d'Or announcement on Jan, 11, 2016 in Zurich.

The 55-man FIFPro Shortlist:

Goalkeepers

Gianluigi Buffon (Italy, Juventus); Iker Casillas (Spain, FC Porto); David De Gea (Spain, Manchester United); Keylor Navas (Costa Rica, Real Madrid CF); Manuel Neuer (Germany, FC Bayern Munich)

Defenders

David Alaba (Austria, FC Bayern Munich); Jordi Alba (Spain, FC Barcelona); Daniel Alves (Brazil, FC Barcelona); Jérôme Boateng (Germany, FC Bayern Munich); Daniel Carvajal (Spain, Real Madrid CF); Giorgio Chiellini (Italy, Juventus); David Luiz (Brazil, Paris Saint-Germain); Diego Godín (Uruguay, Atlético Madrid); Mats Hummels (Germany, Borussia Dortmund); Branislav Ivanovic (Serbia, Chelsea); Vincent Kompany (Belgium, Manchester City); Philipp Lahm (Germany, FC Bayern Munich); Marcelo (Brazil, Real Madrid CF); Javier Mascherano (Argentina, FC Barcelona); Pepe (Portugal, Real Madrid CF); Gerard Piqué (Spain, FC Barcelona); Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid CF); Thiago Silva (Brazil, Paris Saint-Germain); John Terry (England, Chelsea); Raphaël Varane (France, Real Madrid CF)

Midfielders

Thiago Alcantara (Spain, FC Bayern Munich); Xabi Alonso (Spain, FC Bayern Munich); Sergio Busquets (Spain, FC Barcelona); Eden Hazard (Belgium, Chelsea FC); Andrés Iniesta (Spain, FC Barcelona); Toni Kroos (Germany, Real Madrid CF); Luka Modric (Croatia, Real Madrid CF); Andrea Pirlo (Italy, New York City FC); Paul Pogba (France, Juventus); Ivan Rakitic (Croatia, FC Barcelona); James Rodríguez (Colombia, Real Madrid CF); David Silva (Spain, Manchester City); Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast, Manchester City FC); Marco Verratti (Italy, Paris Saint-Germain); Arturo Vidal (Chile, FC Bayern Munich)

Forwards

Sergio Agüero (Argentina, Manchester City FC); Gareth Bale (Wales, Real Madrid CF); Karim Benzema (France, Real Madrid CF); Douglas Costa (Brazil, FC Bayern Munich); Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, Paris Saint-Germain FC); Robert Lewandowski (Poland, FC Bayern Munich); Lionel Messi (Argentina, FC Barcelona); Thomas Müller (Germany, FC Bayern Munich); Neymar Jr. (Brazil, FC Barcelona); Arjen Robben (The Netherlands, FC Bayern Munich); Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid CF); Wayne Rooney (England, Manchester United FC); Alexis Sánchez (Chile, Arsenal); Luis Suárez (Uruguay, FC Barcelona); Carlos Tevez (Argentina, Boca Juniors)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

Juventus And Italy Legend Dino Zoff
Falls Ill To ‘Neurological Problem’

Italian champions Juventus rallied around Dino Zoff on Saturday after the former Bianconeri and Italy goalkeeping
legend was hospitalised with a neurological condition that reports say has affected his ability to walk.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/juventus-and-italy-legend-dino-zoff-falls-ill-to-neurological-problem/?

Nov 28, 2015

A report in Il Messaggero newspaper said Zoff, who won six Serie A titles with Juventus before coaching the club to the 1990 UEFA Cup, was “struck by an unspecified neurological problem which has left him with difficulty walking”.

It added that after initial fears over his condition, the 73-year Zoff was “showing signs of improvement”.

Zoff was considered among the best goalkeepers of his generation and, as captain of Italy, led the Azzurri to the World Cup in 1982 — becoming the oldest winner of the trophy at 40 years, 4 months and 13 days.

Juventus wished the goalkeeping legend a speedy recovery.

“Juventus has just learned that Dino Zoff, captain and legend of the Bianconeri and Italy teams, is suffering from health issues but that he is already improving,” said a statement.

Zoff played the bulk of his club career at Juventus from 1972-1983, where he won six Serie A titles, two Italian Cups, a UEFA Cup and reached two European Cup finals in 1973 and 1983, in the process becoming the oldest player, at 41 years and 86 days, to play in a European Cup final.

The statement added: “Dino is someone who is used to never giving up.”

After his playing career, Zoff spent two years as coach of Juventus, leading the Turin giants to an Italian Cup-UEFA Cup double in 1990.

Despite moving on to Lazio, he notably found success as coach of Italy from 1998, when he introduced many up and coming young players including Francesco Totti, Vincenzo Montella, Gianluca Zambrotta and Christian Abbiati to the national side.

Having qualified Italy for Euro 2000, Zoff’s team were only ousted in the final when David Trezeguet, who had just signed for Juventus, hit a golden goal in extra-time to hand then world champions France the title.

Despite Italy’s achievement, Zoff resigned days after the final following a barrage of criticism from AC Milan owner and president Silvio Berlusconi.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Italy and Juve legend Zoff suffering from health difficulties

The Turin club revealed the former goalkeeper is 'already on the road to recovery' after a bout of ill-health.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italian-football/2015/11/28/17805942/zoff-suffering-from-health-issues?ICID=TP_HN_HP_RI_0_2

Nov 28, 2015

World Cup winner Dino Zoff is suffering from health difficulties but is recovering, former club Juventus have revealed.

Goalkeeper Zoff captained Italy to World Cup glory in 1982 with a 3-1 victory over Germany in the final at the Santiago Bernabeu, 14 years after helping his country win the 1968 European Championship.

Zoff also won Serie A six times, the Coppa Italia twice and the UEFA Cup with Juve as a player. The 73-year-old then went on to coach the Turin club, leading Juve to success in the Coppa Italia and UEFA Cup in 1990.

After two spells in charge of Lazio, Zoff took over as Italy coach - guiding them to the final of Euro 2000, only to suffer a 2-1 golden goal defeat to France in extra time.

A statement on Juve's official website read: "Juventus Football Club has recently learned that Bianconeri and Azzurri legend Dino Zoff is suffering some health difficulties, but is already on the road to recovery.

"European Championship winner in 1968 and world champion in 1982, Dino knows what it means to never give in.

"He is a strong man and a legend. We are all right behind him. #ForzaDino."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus to face Torino in the
Coppa Italia's Round of 16

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/12/2/9832380/juventus-torino-2015coppa-italia-round-of-16

Dec 2, 2015

Thanks to Torino's 4-1 win over Cesena on Tuesday, Juventus will be in line to play another Derby della Mole before the calendar year comes to an end. Maybe you're in favor of that, maybe it's something that might cause you to bite some of your nails off because of how the last few derbies have gone, or maybe you don't have any opinion about it right now.

But here's what we know:

On Wednesday, Dec. 16 at a time still to be announced, Juventus will be playing Torino within Turin city limits with a spot in the Coppa Italia quarterfinals on the line. This isn't like last season where Juventus hopped into the tournament and proceeded destroy their first opponent, Hellas Verona. I feel pretty safe in saying that another 6-1 scoreline in favor of Juventus won't be happening nearly 12 months later. Nope, not happening.

I say this because this is what Juventus and Torino have done in their last seven games against one another...

Oct. 31, 2015: Juventus wins 2-1

April 26, 2015: Torino wins 2-1

Nov. 30, 2014: Juventus wins 2-1

Feb. 23, 2014: Juventus wins 1-0

Sept. 29, 2013: Juventus wins 1-0

April 28, 2013: Juventus wins 2-0

Dec. 1, 2012: Juventus wins 3-0

Okay, so, five out of the seven games decided by one goal. Pretty sure that's what people in the journalism business like to call a 'trend,' guys and gals.

Seeing what some of the other Round of 16 matches might be if the team you expect to win actually does win, Juventus vs. Torino is certainly going to be the most intriguing simply because it's a derby against two teams that don't like each other, let alone an inner-city matchup. You think Torino would love nothing more than to not just advance to the quarterfinals, but also eliminate the current Coppa Italia holders? I think that would give Torino players, management and fans alike a whole lot of joy, but that's just one guy's opinion.

So, just a few days after Juventus faces Fiorentina in what could be a top 4 battle by the time Dec. 13 arrives, the Bianconeri get to face their little brother to open Coppa Italia play. Good times (hopefully) ahead.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Ranking Juventus' Top 5 Players for November 2015

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594299-ranking-juventus-top-5-players-for-november-2015?

Dec 2, 2015

“November has been very good for us and we recovered some essential points in the Serie A table,” Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri told Sky Italia and Mediaset Premium (h/t Football Italia) this weekend.

He was reflecting on a fourth consecutive victory which has seen his side climb to fifth place in the standings, closing the gap on early leaders Inter, Fiorentina and Napoli. Indeed, since defeating cross-town rivals Torino on the last day of October, the following month saw the Bianconeri notch four wins and one draw.

Scoring nine goals while conceding just two—and keeping three clean sheets along the way—it is little surprise that the coach is pleased with the way his team are now performing. Yet in that same aforementioned interview, Allegri was also quick to note there is still much more to come from them.

“At this moment we can see the team has improved physically, we are sharper and can change tempo at the right times,” he continued. “This squad is capable of learning several different systems and approaches, but we still have lot that can be improved.”

But there remains much to be proud of as Juventus finally round into form, and what follows is a look at the club’s top five players in November, ranked in order of impact on Juve’s results during that time.

5. Mario Mandzukic

Much like the team in general, Mario Mandzukic struggled for form in the early part of the campaign, but as Juventus have begun to once again dominate matches he has proven vital to the cause.

November has seen the Croatian striker begin to receive the ball in the right areas, as he showed with the only goal of the game against Manchester City. Having also struck in the win at Empoli, a wonderful cross from Paulo Dybala allowed Mandzukic to break the deadlock against a resilient opponent in Palermo.

That came from his only shot on target, and while there is no denying he depends on service, three goals in four outings this month make his impact impossible to deny.

4. Gigi Buffon

At the opposite end of the field, Gigi Buffon has been as reliable as ever, rescuing the Bianconeri whenever their defence breaks down. He made an incredible stop from Raheem Sterling to protect his side’s 1-0 lead, but it may well be that his leadership before November even began was his most important contribution.

Slamming the performance of his team-mates following the loss to Sassuolo, the club captain told Mediaset Premium (h/t Football Italia) that their display was “unacceptable” and went on to say that those who wear the Juventus shirt “must do it justice.”

It seems Buffon’s words hit home, and the team have since registered four wins and one draw, visibly inspired by the words of their on-field leader.

3. Andrea Barzagli

While Buffon may have been impeccable when called upon, it is thanks to Andrea Barzagli that the goalkeeper has often been reduced to a role as a spectator. Indeed, as statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com show he has averaged 1.3 tackles, 2.5 interceptions and 2.6 clearances per game.

Tasked with marking Alberto Gilardino and Franco Vazquez as Juve took on Palermo, the defence ensured Buffon did not need to make a single save, completely neutralising the Rosanero attack. Furthermore, while Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini have made mistakes this term, Barzagli has once again been flawless every time he has been selected.

2. Alex Sandro

With Patrice Evra ahead of him and still performing to a high level, it is no surprise it has taken Alex Sandro time to make his presence felt in Turin. Massimiliano Allegri has eased him into the side, but after seeing the Brazilian weigh in with an assist in each of his last three outings, the coach is in no doubt about his ability.

“Alex Sandro did very well this evening, and he is an excellent signing,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium (h/t Football Italia) after the Manchester City clash. “Players like him need to be allowed to settle in, as nobody is ready to give their best in a new environment straight away.”

That tie saw him provide the cross for Mario Mandzukic to net the only goal of the game, while he did the same for Paulo Dybala against Milan just a few days earlier.

1. Paulo Dybala

Playing as the focal point of attack, Paulo Dybala has been Juve’s most influential player in the month of November, weighing in with two goals and an assist over his five appearances.

His key contribution was undoubtedly that beautifully struck volley that took all three points against Milan, but his assist to Mario Mandzukic against Palermo was almost as important. Players able to open up resolute defences are essential, and Dybala clearly relished the appreciation of his goal against the Rossoneri.

“Leaving the field to a standing ovation from the fans was an unforgettable moment,” he told Mediaset Premium (h/t Football Italia) after the Milan victory, adding that “I know that I can do much more.”

That is a daunting prospect for the rest of Serie A but good news for Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus referred over Motta deal

http://www.football-italia.net/76973/juventus-referred-over-motta-deal?

Dec 11, 2015

Juventus have been referred to the FIGC over the Marco Motta transfer, and could even be deducted points.

The Italian federation has announced that it is investigating the Bianconeri, along with Udinese and Genoa for an alleged breach of rules concerning agents.

Nine individuals have also been named Andrea Stramaccioni, Gino Pozzo, Franco Collavino, Cristiano Giaretta, Giuseppe Bozzo, Marco Motta, Giuseppe Marotta, Alessandro Zarbano and Fabio Paratici.

It’s alleged that, in breach of regulations which stood until March of this year, Bozzo was paid for agent work without the prior written consent of the FIGC.

Juventus and Udinese are under suspicion over the transfer of Marco Motta, with giornalaccio rosa dello Sport speculating that a fine of €50,000-€180,000 is likely.

However, the sports daily suggests there could even be a point deduction of one or two points for the sides involved.

“It was a surprise for me,” Motta told Tuttomercatoweb.

“I accepted an offer and moved from Roma to Udinese. I didn’t think I was risking anything, we’ll see how the situation evolves.”

Motta's time in Turin was not successful, with the full-back released in January having played just 23 minutes since 2011.

Despite 22 appearances in his first season with the club, Motta was made a scapegoat by fans as the club struggled. He is currently without a club, after nine games for Watford.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Merry Christmas from everyone at Juventus!

The Serie A champions are wearing festive t-shirts and are full of goodwill as Xmas
draws near, singing a song and dancing around... then Mario Mandzukic is introduced.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4160/extra-time/2015/12/14/18331822/-?

Dec 14, 2015

Everyone is getting into the festive spirit as Christmas draws nearer and nearer and now Juventus are the latest team to wish good tidings to one and all... and Mario Mandzukic.

Fresh from a 3-1 win over Fiorentina, which was the champions' sixth league triumph in a row to move into fourth, the Bianconeri stars donned festive t-shirts, hats and glasses... and then there was Mario Mandzukic.

Singing a song which we are assured sounds far better in Italian than the English subtitles hint at, the likes of Paul Pogba, Patrice Evra, Paulo Dybala and many more bring cheer from Turin... and Mario Mandzukic.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Head To Australia For Pre Season Tour

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/12/juventus-head-to-australia-for-pre-season-tour/?

Dec 18, 2015

Italian champions Juventus have announced they are off to Australia for part of their pre-season preparations ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

Juventus have been to Australia in recent years, notably in 2014 when they were based in Sydney, which was at the time was home to Bianconeri legend Alessandro Del Piero.

This time around Juventus will be based in Melbourne in July and will take part in the International Champions Cup.

The Bianconeri will take on local side and A League champions Melbourne Victory before playing English side Tottenham Hotspur.

The Italian champions will face the Australians on July 23, before facing Spurs three days later on July 26, with both games likely to take place at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Earlier this year fellow Italian side Roma played Manchester City and Real Madrid in Melbourne as part of the 2015 ICC tournament.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus, Tottenham to play in
International Champions Cup Australia

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/international-champions-cup/story/2764601/juventus-spurs-to-play-international-champions-cup-australia

Dec 20, 2015

Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur will both participate in the Australian leg of the International Champions Cup, organisers confirmed on Sunday.

The Italian champions and Spurs will head Down Under in July to join A-League champions Melbourne Victory in the preseason competition.

In July 2015, a total of 221,000 fans at the flocked to three games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground to watch Real Madrid, Manchester City and AS Roma.

A third European team to participate in the tournament will be announced in February.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Camoranesi in at Tigre

http://www.football-italia.net/77431/camoranesi-tigre?

Dec 21, 2015

Former Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi is the new Coach of Argentinian side Tigre.

Born in Argentina, the right-winger represented Italy at international level, winning the World Cup in 2006.

Camoranesi spent eight seasons with the Bianconeri, ensuring club legend status when he remained with the Old Lady in Serie B following the Calciopoli scandal.

Following a spell at Stuttgart, he returned to his homeland for spells with Lanus and Racing Club, and has now been appointed on the bench at Tigre.

“Mauro Camoranesi is the new Coach of Tigre,” the club confirmed in a statement.

“In the coming hours he will sign a contract which will bind him to the club for eighteen months.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti