Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

12 - Alex Sandro

130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Bayern like a final’

http://www.football-italia.net/80592/alex-sandro-%E2%80%98bayern-final%E2%80%99?

Feb 29, 2016

Alex Sandro says Juventus are “a great team” and must treat Bayern Munich “like a final”.

The Bianconeri have won 16 of their last 17 Serie A games, and are poised at 2-2 in the Champions League Last 16 after the first leg against the German giants.

“There are so many champions here,” Sandro told the Old Lady’s official website.

“There are experienced players and I feel more mature, as well as stronger tactically. The squad has helped me a lot, as well as the Coach and every training session and game.

“Juve are a great team, with a fantastic history and we have to try to win every competition. When you come to Juventus you know it’s a winning team who will fight to win it all.

“Serie A and the Champions League? There’s not much difference, because every game has its own story and every opponent presents different challenges.

“With Bayern we knew we had to fight, defend well and play with courage, and we’re sure we’ll do even better in the next match.

“You go into the game with Bayern aware of what the Coach has planned and trying to put that into practice. We have to be focused and give our all.

“You should always play these games as if they’re a final, because if you play against Bayern you have to give everything on the pitch.

“That’s the least we can do.”

Fiorentina take on Napoli tonight, with Juve holding a four-point advantage over the Partenopei. Will they be cheering on the Viola tonight?

“It’s clear that Juve fans are now hoping for a Fiorentina win, because Napoli are a more experienced team.

“We have to think about our work though, not the results of other teams.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Alex Sandro Is the Juventus Player
Who Will Make International Leap in 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626415-why-alex-sandro-is-the-juventus-player-who-will-make-international-leap-in-2016?

Mar 26, 2016

While Juventus will rightly take much confidence from their second-leg showing against Bayern Munich, perhaps the most shocking aspect to their UEFA Champions League exit was the poor performance of Patrice Evra.

The French international full-back was at fault for two goals scored by the Bundesliga giants, perhaps showing that his time at the highest level is coming to an end. While the former Manchester United defender still has much to offer, it is fortunate that the Bianconeri have already secured a long-term replacement.

Signing Alex Sandro to a five-year contract back in August, Juve’s official website revealed that they paid FC Porto a fee of €26 million for the Brazilian who had first landed in Europe back in 2011. He had established himself as a resolute defender and a superb attacking outlet with the Portuguese side, going on to make 135 club appearances but suffering a stop-start international career.

Sandro was a member of the Brazil youth teams that won the 2011 FIFA Under-20 World Cup—and the under-23 side which clinched a silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London—before earning his first full cap in November 2011.

By September the following year he had made six appearances for the Selecao, but since then has not played a single minute more. Missing the 2014 World Cup and last summer’s Copa America, his place at left-back had been filled by Real Madrid’s Marcelo, Maxwell of Paris Saint-Germain or Atletico Madrid’s Filipe Luis over the intervening years.

Yet earlier this month, coach Dunga included Sandro in his 23-man squad for the World Cup qualifying clashes with Uruguay and Paraguay, per FourFourTwo. His form for Juventus has undoubtedly led to that recall, with the Catanduva native quickly settling into life on the Italian peninsula.

Netting two goals in his 27 appearances for the Bianconeri, Sandro has also contributed four vital assists, including passes to lay on winning goals against AC Milan, Manchester City and cross-town rivals Torino.

According to statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com, only Paulo Dybala (63) and Paul Pogba (36) have created more goalscoring chances than Sandro’s tally of 35, while his average of 1.9 completed dribbles per game is the fourth-highest among the current Juve squad behind Pogba (2.9), Juan Cuadrado (2.5) and Dybala (2.3).

Sandro has also continued to be impressive defensively, with the same source showing he has made an average of 1.5 tackles, 1.9 interceptions and 1.5 clearances per outing this term while connecting with 83 percent of his 33.4 pass attempts per game.

OptaPaolo ✔ ‎@OptaPaolo
33 - Alex Sandro has created 33 goalscoring chances, more than any other defender in Serie A this season. Train.

Speaking in an interview with the club’s in-house television station JTV last week, the man himself is convinced that Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri deserves major credit for the improvements in his game.

“He’s a coach that demands the very best from all of us and this is what allows us to keep growing,” Sandro said (h/t Juventus.com), before going on to discuss how representing the Bianconeri had already become important to him.

“Wearing this shirt comes with a real responsibility,” the 25-year-old added. “It’s a privilege to represent this club and all the fans. I’m learning a lot here and this has been an extremely valuable season for me.”

Now, with the 2016 Centennial Copa America—a celebration of the CONMEBOL and Copa America centenary—scheduled to be held in the United States this June, Sandro’s attention is certain to turn to the pride of wearing Brazil’s famous gold shirt.

His play for the Old Lady has already led to that aforementioned recall from Dunga, which is why Alex Sandro is likely to be the Juventus player who will make the international leap over the next 12 months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro always trusted Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/83167/alex-sandro-always-trusted-juve?

Apr 21, 2016

Alex Sandro “believed right from the start” Juventus would be successful and revealed he’s learning more about Serie A every day.

The Brazilian left-back arrived over the summer and took a while to settle in, but has now become a valuable figure in the squad.

“I’m delighted to have set up some crucial goals for my teammates in this run and I’m always looking to improve both defensively and offensively,” he told JTV.

“Credit for that must go to the technical staff here who have helped me advance my game enormously already.

“I feel I am really getting to grips with Italian football and all the tactical, mental and physical changes that it demands of you.

“Thanks to the Coach, I’m learning something different about the way the game is played here every day in training and that will only continue in the future.”

Juventus could feasibly secure the Scudetto on Monday if they beat Fiorentina and Napoli lose at Roma.

It’s a remarkable turnaround considering their dismal start to the season, but are headed for a fifth consecutive Serie A title.

“I believed right from the start that we would have a successful season one way or another,” continued Alex Sandro.

“Whenever I have spoken about our prospects, I have always said that we have the quality to win the league. Now it is up to us to give our all and make sure we become champions as soon as possible.

“Every point is precious at this stage of the season. In the final rush to the finish line, we can’t afford to let our performances slip or think about anything other than winning.

“We’re doing exactly what is required at the moment and the good results are the fruit of the whole squad’s great work in the last few months.

“As for the Coppa Italia Final against Milan, there will be no surprises about the way we play: we’re going there to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Has Alex Sandro Lived Up to His €26 Million Price Tag?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644212-has-alex-sandro-lived-up-to-his-eur26-million-price-tag?

Jun 6, 2016

Last summer, prompted by the exits of Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez, Juventus embarked on a dramatic overhaul of their squad, making a raft of new signings to provide coach Massimiliano Allegri with a variety of options.

As a result, 2015/16 would see no fewer than 11 players make their debuts for the Bianconeri to varying degrees of success. Paulo Dybalaweighed in with a stunning return of 23 goals and nine assists in all competitions, while Sami Khedira added some much-needed veteran leadership in midfield after those aforementioned exits.

It took time for the group to jell, with such an influx of talent always likely to see the team lack coherency in the early weeks. Reflecting on the campaign as a whole, however, it is difficult to argue with the notion that—right behind Dybala—Alex Sandro must be regarded as one of the club’s most astute purchases.

While many of the players who came in were direct replacements for those who opted to move on, this signing hinted at a different approach, making a significant outlay despite the presence of established veteran Patrice Evra in the starting XI.

With the France international now 35 years old, it is clear he cannot be relied upon much longer, yet it was still surprising to see Juve’s officialwebsite reveal that the Italian champions had paid FC Porto a sum of €26 million for the Brazilian left-back.

Speaking at his first press conference in Turin, however, Sandro gave reporters his opinion on the move and what it meant for him personally, openly admitting that he had much to learn about playing at the highest level:

Juventus was the perfect choice for me. Coming here will help me to grow as both a person and player. As a team, we're working hard and will strive to win all the competitions we're involved in this season.

Serie A is a tough league and the most tactical in the world. I am sure that the experience will improve me as a footballer. I always give 100% to win. I'm confident I'll be able to show my qualities both during games and on the training pitch.

Signing a five-year contract, it was clear that this was a long-term investment by the Bianconeri, yet by late October, he had surprisingly started just four matches in all competitions. Then, on the 31st of that month, Sandro would have his first tangible impact for his new side, and his emergence would coincide with a huge upturn in the club’s fortunes.

Sent on as an 87th minute substitute, Allegri would ask him to play in front of Evra wide on the left, and just before the final whistle, PaulPogba would pick him out with a neat pass that the Brazilian would instantly fire across the box.

Juan Cuadrado—who had also come off the bench to try turn the match—would bundle the ball home, sparking a winning run from which the Old Lady would never look back. Sandro would sit out the next two games but be handed another start against AC Milan, where he once again laid on the winning goal as Dybala smashed his pass into the back of the net.

Four days later, Sandro would repeat the feat, this time delivering a perfect cross for Mario Mandzukic to bag the only goal of the game against Manchester City, prompting a clearly delighted Allegri to praise his display during a post-match interview with Mediaset Premium (h/tFootball Italia):

Alex Sandro did very well this evening and he is an excellent signing. Players like him need to be allowed to settle in, as nobody is ready to give their best in a new environment straight away. He did well in attack and defence, while Patrice Evra guaranteed experience in a delicate moment of the match.

Reflecting on those three games himself during an interview with the club’s in-house television channel JTV, Sandro would in turn pass the credit back to those who had helped him to settle into life on the peninsula.

“I’m delighted to have set up some crucial goals for my team-mates in this run and I’m always looking to improve both defensively and offensively,” the Brazilian said, per the club’s official website when asked about that period. “Credit for that must go to the technical staff here who have helped me advance my game enormously already.” 

Suddenly the choice between Evra and Sandro was not quite so easy for Allegri, but he balanced the full-back issue intelligently, pairingCuadrado with Evra and Sandro with Stephan Lichtsteiner in Juve’s 3-5-2 formation, each duo bringing similar attributes as one player held back as the other pressed forward.

33 - Alex Sandro has created 33 goalscoring chances, more than any other defender in Serie A this season. Train.

That was fine in Serie A as the Bianconeri racked up the victories, but in the Champions League where the team needed a little more impetus, the former Milan boss reverted to the Lichtsteiner-Evra pairing that had served him so well a year earlier.

It is here where the price tag of Sandro truly comes to the fore, because in terms of sheer numbers, it is difficult to justify such an expensive player making just 15 league starts. Yet that is to do a huge disservice to Evra, who—aside from an uncharacteristic error againstBayern Munich—was excellent throughout the campaign.

hi-res-b9bf15adda3bca60b35bfe7efd53b0a7_

ODD ANDERSEN/Getty Images

His performances made Allegri’s decision to field the older man understandable, but that should not overshadow the contribution of Sandro in his debut campaign.

He was clearly enjoying life in Turin, too, as he went on to say in that aforementioned interview with JTV: “I feel I am really getting to grips with Italian football and all the tactical, mental and physical changes that it demands of you. Thanks to the coach, I’m learning something different about the way the game is played here every day in training and that will only continue in the future.”

2059311f186e57eab40ffde24581ec54_origina

squawka.com
Alex Sandro 2015/16

That is supported by statistics provided by WhoScored.com, as their figures show he averaged an impressive 2.0 tackles, 1.9 interceptions and 1.6 clearances per game over 33 appearances in all competitions.

He netted two goals and his final assist tally stood at just four, but the graphic below—taken from the Squawka website—shows that onlyDybala, Pogba and Cuadrado created more goalscoring opportunities this term for Juventus.

8aae6d95284f807fdd42acd0dacd8d7c_origina

squawka.com
Chances Created 2015/16

Clearly a vibrant attacking force, Sandro’s defence has been solid and dependable, making him a perfect replacement for Evra as he ages and an ideal fit for a team built upon the quality of their back line.

“I’m happy with the faith Allegri has shown in me,” Sandro said in an interview with Sky Italia last month (h/t Juventus' website). “I’vedeveloped thanks to the help of the boss and my team-mates, but I’vestill got plenty of room for improvement - physically, tactically and going forward.”

That is a frightening prospect for opponents but a major bonus for theBianconeri as they prepare for the challenges next season will bring. Sandro has been important this term, but it is the promise he holds for the future that will see him live up to his hefty-but-fair €26 million price tag.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: 'Juventus want it all'

http://www.football-italia.net/88236/alex-sandro-juventus-want-it-all?

Jul 23, 2016

Alex Sandro warns Juventus “want to win every competition this season and we’re working hard to achieve it.”

The Bianconeri have certainly been active on the transfer market, bringing in Miralem Pjanic, Dani Alves, Marko Pjaca, Medhi Benatia and reportedly also Napoli hitman Gonzalo Higuain.

“We want to win everything and are working hard to achieve it,” Alex Sandro told the official Juve website.

“We intend to win every competition we are taking part in.”

The wing-back was speaking after a 1-1 International Champions Cup draw with Melbourne Victory, which Juve lost on penalties.

“Physically and technically we know that we have to improve, but we are working day by day to do better in every respect. There are some good training structures here in Melbourne and the cool climate is really helping us in our pre-season preparation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Roberto Carlos and Cafu examples’

http://www.football-italia.net/91610/‘roberto-carlos-and-cafu-examples’

Sep 17, 2016

Juventus’ Alex Sandro views compatriots Roberto Carlos and Cafu as examples for him to follow in his career.

The 25-year-old arrived in Turin in 2015, where he has been competing with Patrice Evra for a starting spot in Max Allegri’s line-up. However, he has started all three of Juve’s Serie A matches so far this season.

“I think I am improving each day, thanks to my teammates and the staff,” Sandro said to Serie A’s official television station.

“Serie A is difficult, it is a magical League full of stars.

“There are great technicians and the teams are getting stronger and stronger. Playing in Italy is nice for any player.

“The magic of Juventus? It’s normal to feel this responsibility, it is a prestigious shirt. There are a lot of Brazilians here [Italy], we are very united, from Neto to Hernanes.

“Roberto Carlos is always an example for full-backs, left and right, like Cafu.”

Finally, the defender passed comment on Sunday’s Derby D’Italia against rivals Inter.

“It is a special match, as always. As always, it will be difficult to play it. Our aim is to win, we want to give great joy to our fans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘No Juventus excuses’

http://www.football-italia.net/91732/alex-sandro-‘no-juventus-excuses’

Sep 20, 2016

Alex Sandro admits Juventus have “no excuses” for losing to Inter, and believes it’s “not only” Napoli who will fight for the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri were defeated 2-1 in the Derby d’Italia, despite having taken a second-half lead through Stephan Lichtsteiner.

“I think it was a difficult game,” Alex Sandro explained to JTV.

“We knew we’d find a hostile environment and big pressure, a team which wanted to win at home. We had the chance to win, but unfortunately we didn’t succeed.

“Now we need to have the right mentality and work, training session after training session and game after game.

“We have no excuses, we have to react immediately and I’m sure we’ll improve because we have a strong group.

“We need to improve, sometimes when we’ve scored our concentration levels have dropped a little bit, and so we have to increase our level of attention, including on dead balls, counter-attacks and even when we have the ball.

“I really think that’s the one thing we have to improve.

“I think that after the disappointment of the last game we have to use that and turn it into competitive nastiness on the pitch against Cagliari and go for victory from the first minute.”

The defeat allowed Napoli to move to the top of Serie A, having finished behind the Old Lady last season.

“Obviously the League is still open, we’re only at the beginning and I think every team wants to get to the top and be champions so I can’t say only Juventus and Napoli will fight for the Scudetto.

“At the start we’re seeing that every team is doing their utmost to be competitive, but in the end Juventus think about Juventus and not about other teams.”

Juve are among the favourites for this year’s Champions League, but started with a goalless draw against Sevilla.

“We very much wanted to win against Sevilla but we knew we’d find a tough team,” the Brazilian reflected.

“The match ended in a draw, but in the next game [at Dinamo Zagreb] we have to go into it and only think about winning.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Alex Sandro vs. Patrice Evra? Juventus'

Left-Back Slot Should Be No-Contest

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2667997-alex-sandro-vs-

patrice-evra-juventus-left-back-slot-should-be-no-contest?

Oct 9, 2016

This summer saw Juventus sign a number of players whose value was already fully evident. Gonzalo Higuain is a proven goalscorer, Miralem Pjanic has spent the past few seasons proving he belongs at the highest level and Dani Alves is arguably among the best right-backs of all time.

However, 12 months earlier, the Bianconeri made some additions to the squad whose ability to make a positive impact was far less certain. Paulo Dybala had enjoyed a breakout year with Palermo, Sami Khedirasuffered as his two previous campaigns were lost to injury while MarioLemina was unquestionably an unknown quantity.

From all their 2015 acquisitions, perhaps the most intriguing was Alex Sandro, the Brazil native falling in neither of those aforementioned camps. With previous club FC Porto, he had showed flashes of potential brilliance, but it was unclear how that translated both to SerieA and to a team with genuine aspirations of UEFA Champions League glory.

proxy.jpg?t=HBiHAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Alex Sandro has officially joined #juventus from Porto on a €26 million move (via @juventusfcen)

According to their official website, the Turin giants paid FC Porto €26 million to sign Sandro, who told reporters at his inaugural press conference that he believed the move would be superb for his development:

"Juventus was the perfect choice for me. Coming here will help me to grow as both a person and player. As a team, we're working hard and will strive to win all the competitions we're involved in this season.

"Serie A is a tough league and the most tactical in the world. I am sure that the experience will improve me as a footballer."

Some longtime watchers of Sandro believed the reverse was also true, with Fox Soccer writer and Juventus fan Aaron West chief among those who saw the defender as the ideal signing, as he made clear in the tweet below.

I'd love to see Porto's Alex Sandro come to Juve. Would be the PERFECT solution to our LWB problem

Yet over the course of the 2015/16 season, coach Massimiliano Allegri saw the situation quite differently, often choosing to balance his 3-5-2 formation with one attacking wing-back and one more defensive alternative.

That meant Sandro was only fielded when Stephan Lichtsteiner was on the right flank, while Patrice Evra replaced him if Juan Cuadradostarted on the right. There were also many matches where Allegri was even more cautious, opting then to have both Lichtsteiner and Evra in his starting XI.

As a result, the club made a major multi-million Euro investment for a player who spent his first season in Turin without becoming an automatic selection. Sandro started only 15 Serie A matches.

hi-res-295f0d65762d3cc88b5a0b1de2c433fa_

STRINGER/Getty Images
Patrice Evra was Juve’s first choice left-back in 2015/16.

Allegri was justified in those decisions, Evra’s solidity and experience often proving essential as Juventus fought to recover from their nightmare start to the campaign. The France international weighed in with two goals and three assists in Serie A, even filling in as a third central defender as the season wore on and was a reliably calm presence every time he took to the field.

Yet while the leadership and veteran savvy provided by the formerManchester United man were undisputed, there were many glimpses of just how important Sandro could be, particularly in the biggest games.

That was the case even at the start of the season, delivering match-winning assists in consecutive appearances against derby rivals Torino, then AC Milan and Manchester City during late October and early November.

If it was not already clear that eventually Sandro would supplant Evra as the best option for the left-back role, the start of the 2016/17 campaign has removed any doubt, with the former Santos man raising his game to an even higher standard.

He has been in the starting XI for all seven of Juve’s Serie A fixtures thus far and is arguably the club’s best player over that same period, leading the squad in a number of key statistical areas.

According to WhoScored.com, his tally of 17 completed tackles is a team high, with his total number of interceptions—again standing at 17—also more than any other player. The same is true of his number of blocked crosses (three) as Sandro proves to be a wonderful and vastly improved defender.

hi-res-70b2e9136a4a5e8d64bc110df6b90200_

MARCO BERTORELLO/Getty Images
Sandro's defensive work is much-improved this term.

Being a Brazilian full-back, it is also no surprise to see him bombing forward regularly to supplement the attack, and he has done so to great effect, with his two assists highlighting that contribution.

Yet were Juve’s strikers a little more accurate that number could be much higher, as Sandro also leads Allegri’s squad in terms of chances created (2.9 per game), according to WhoScored’s figures.

The same source shows that only Dybala (2.2) and Higuain (1.7) have completed more successful dribbles than Sandro’s average of 1.6 per game, his powerful running and superb skill a vital weapon to Allegri’s side.

8PRlQEvjst_dPiKN.jpg

That was very evident in the game against Inter Milan on September 18, a match where Juventus played extremely poorly yet took the lead as Sandro single-handedly created a goal for Lichtsteiner (shown above).

Despite an eventual 2-1 loss, it was the kind of moment so sorely lacking just a few days earlier when the Bianconeri took on Sevilla in the Champions League, which brings the conversation to one of the major issues impacting the team so far this term.

For that clash—Juve’s opening game of the group stage—Allegri inexplicably opted to hand Evra his first start of 2016/17, and the team’s cohesiveness and creativity suffered immensely as a result.

Slumping to a 0-0 draw, the Old Lady was crying out for the exact kind of offensive force Sandro has repeatedly been in the league, yet Evra also got the nod against Dinamo Zagreb in their second outing.

623124448ce7065c7dda554bd9558de7_origina

Adam Digby

The table above—compiled using statistics from WhoScored.com—shows that Evra trails Sandro in every aspect of play, the latter clearly now the superior player at both ends of the field.

That is certainly not lost on those who watch the team regularly, as oneJuventus fan explained. “Alex Sandro makes a strong case to be Juve's best player so far this season,” Nate told Bleacher Report this week. “He has an ability to dance past players and create so much space down the flank, but this season he has also notably improved when it comes to his defensive duties.”

He went on to state his belief that “Sandro has been so consistent that he really should have secured the starting place based on performances thus far,” and ended by saying that “he will make that left flank his own for many years to come.”

On current form, that is undoubtedly true and is something Allegri must act upon as the campaign progresses, the Old Lady can no longer afford to go into the toughest encounters without her best players.

Sandro has improved exponentially, he’s now markedly better than Evra and should be starting in Juve’s biggest matches. His time is now.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Manchester City join race to sign

Juventus defender Alex Sandro?

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/transfer-talk/

news/man-city-join-race-to-sign-alex-sandro_285672.html

Nov 20, 2016

Manchester City have reportedly targeted Juventusdefender Alex Sandro as the ideal player to fill their left-back void.

The 25-year-old is under contract with the Serie A giants until June 2020, but is said to have a release clause in the region of £25.6m.

According to The Mirror, however, the Brazil international - linked with a move to Manchester United last year - is soon to begin talks over a new deal with Juve which could see his price tag double.

Should Sandro agree fresh terms at the Juventus Stadium, he would be valued at £40m which will likely see City end their interest in the ex-Porto man.

The Citizens are understood to have been tracking Sandro's development since his Porto days, but they were beaten to his signature by Juve in 2015 and have cooled their interest since.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro out for three weeks?

http://www.football-italia.net/96130/alex-sandro-out-three-weeks

Dec 24, 2016

There are reports Alex Sandro could be out for three weeks after limping off during the Juventus Supercoppa defeat to Milan.

The Brazilian hobbled away in the first half in Doha after pulling up with a muscular problem.

According to Tuttosport, it’s feared Alex Sandro has a thigh strain.

If confirmed by medical tests, he could be out of action for two to three weeks.

It’d be a further blow to the Bianconeri defence after Leonardo Bonucci and Dani Alves were ruled out, while Andrea Barzagli is still nowhere near 100 per cent fit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro thigh strain confirmed

http://www.football-italia.net/96140/alex-sandro-thigh-strain-confirmed

Dec 24, 2016

Juventus confirmed Alex Sandro suffered a thigh injury during the Supercoppa Italiana defeat to Milan in Doha.

The full-back limped off during the first half of the 1-1 draw, which the Bianconeri eventually lost on penalties.

“After leaving the field of play in the first half of Friday’s Super Cup final, initial medical tests have shown that Alex Sandro strained the flexor muscles in his right thigh,” read a club statement.

“The Brazilian full-back’s condition will continue to be closely monitored over the coming days.”

There had been reports Alex Sandro would be ruled out for around two to three weeks.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus fullback Alex Sandro suffers

thigh strain in Super Cup loss to Milan

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/12/25/14077760/alex-sandro

-injury-juventus-ac-milan-2016-italian-super-cup-serie-a-team-news

Dec 25, 2016

Based on how things have gone over the last four months (and probably dating back into last season as well), it seemed only fitting that Juventus was going to end Friday night’s Italian Super Cup with at least one player having picked up an injury.

Lo and behold, we got exactly that.

After having to be subbed off in the first half of Juventus’ loss to AC Milan in the annual Supercoppa, fullback Alex Sandro has gotten the diagnosis that many were eagerly awaiting. And considering what was posted on Juventus’ official website on Saturday, it’s not exactly like we still know the complete extended of the injury that forced the Brazilian left back out of action so soon after kickoff.

After leaving the field of play in the first half of Friday’s Super Cup final, initial medical tests have shown that Alex Sandro strained the flexor muscles in his right thigh.

The Brazilian full-back’s condition will continue to be closely monitored over the coming days.

As you can clearly see, there’s not a lot of information to go off of here. And as we know about Juventus’ injury updates, the “closely monitored over the coming days” timetable doesn’t always mean that things will be good to go after a couple of days.

The good thing is that Juventus don’t have another game until the second weekend of the new year, with Bologna coming to Juventus Stadium on Sunday, Jan. 8. So even if Sandro is ruled out for two or three weeks, he still won’t miss all that much game action — which, considering how important he has been this season, is pretty good news. There are only so many things Juventus can even try to replace when Sandro is out of the lineup. Even then, it’s try, not a certainty.

Yeah, I would like to see that back in the Juventus lineup come the start of the new year. As much as Patrice Evra loves this game, it’s becoming pretty obvious that we love Sandro in the starting lineup much more than we like when Uncle Pat is there.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Man City & Man Utd to battle for Alex Sandro

The Premier League rivals will go head-to-head for the Juventus left-back,

although the Italian giants could offer him a new contract to ward off interest.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/12/27/30892982/-

Dec 27, 2016

Manchester City and Manchester United are both keen to sign Juventus left-back Alex Sandro, according to Calciomercato.

City tried to acquire the Brazilian from Porto in the summer of 2015, while United have also been monitoring him throughout this season.

But Juventus are desperate to keep hold of the 25-year-old and will offer him an improved contract to ward off the Premier League clubs' interest.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

rainbow-site-logo-2016.png

Report: Manchester United, Manchester City both want Alex Sandro

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/

news/report-united-city-both-want-sandro_288151.html

Dec 27, 2016

Manchester United and Manchester City are reportedly preparing to go head-to-head for the signature of Juventus left-back Alex Sandro.

Man City are believed to have attempted to sign the Brazilian from Porto in the summer of 2015, only for Juventus to convince the full-back to complete a transfer to Italian football.

The 25-year-old is under contract with Juventus until June 2020, but it is understood that there is a release clause of £25.6m inserted into the defender's current deal.

According to Calciomercato, Man United and Man City are both interested in signing the left-back as they attempt to boost what has been a troublesome areas for each of the two teams this season.

Sandro has scored once in 17 Serie A appearances during the 2016-17 campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve 'offer Sandro improved deal'

http://www.football-italia.net/96221/juve-offer-sandro-improved-deal

Dec 30, 2016

Juventus are reportedly ready to offer Alex Sandro improved terms and a one-year extension on his current deal.

After handing similar improved contracts to Leonardo Bonucci, Daniele Rugani and Stefano Sturaro, the Brazilian is next on the list, according to Calciomercato.com.

The 25-year-old wingback is invaluable to Coach Massimiliano Allegri, already scoring one goal and providing three assists this season.

Currently under contract until June 2020 with a salary of €2.8m per season, Juve are willing to offer an extension until 2021 with a salary increase to €3.5m a year.

Without the inclusion of a release clause, the Bianconeri are hoping to ward off interest from foreign sides, the player having already been subject to reported interest from Manchester City.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Manchester City Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Alex Sandro

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684498-manchester-city-transfer

-news-latest-rumours-on-alex-sandro-lucas-hernandez

Dec 31, 2016

Juventus left-back Alex Sandro is reportedly poised to sign a contract extension with the club to end links with a possible move to Manchester City.

According to Steve Mitchell of Calciomercato.com, the Italian champions want to add an extra year to the Brazilian’s current deal, which runs until 2020. The new contract will also reportedly see the defender enjoy an increased annual salary of €3.5 million (£3 million).

“The reason the Old Lady has brought forward negotiations is to put an end to any speculation that the player could move to the Premier League,” the piece continued. “Both Manchester United and Manchester City are known admirers and both clubs have reportedly lined up the ex-Porto man for next summer.”

It’d be no shock if elite teams across Europe were casting some admiring glances the way of the Brazilian, as he’s blossomed into one of the very best players in his position in the world:

Whether as part of a back four or pushed a little forward into a wing-back berth, Sandro is a dynamic outlet on the left flank.

Not only does he carry the ball with searing speed, Sandro is so strong in possession, allowing him to win duels frequently. Since moving to Juventus, the defensive side of his game has also improved, while his unrelenting work rate is a fine complement for the Bianconeri’s veteran defensive setup.

David Amoyal of ESPN FC thinks the capture of Sandro is one of Juventus’ best signings in recent years:

Considering lack of quality left backs Alex Sandro was almost as brilliant a signing as Dybala

City could certainly do with a player like the Brazilian. Manager Pep Guardiola has an ageing duo of left-backs to use in Gael Clichy and Aleksandar Kolarov, with neither able to provide the consistent presence in wide areas his teams have typically been renowned for.

Sandro, who can blitz up the flank or drop infield to link moves together, would be perfect for Guardiola’s way of playing. However, it’s clear the Italian champions are desperate to keep hold of the 25-year-old, who has become one of the most important players in their side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Player Spotlight: Why Alex Sandro is

Juventus’ player of the season so far

The spotlight is now fully on Alex Sandro.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/12/31/14133450/juventus

-player-spotlight-alex-sandro-2016-serie-a-first-half-mvp

Dec 31, 2016

We are, for all intents and purposes, halfway through the 2016-17 season! It’s been a ... weird season so far, and that’s putting it mildly. However, in many regards, its also been a case of same old, same old. With narrow victories, annoying goals conceded on set pieces, angry reactions to the players and their performances, injuries galore, Giorgio Chiellini getting re-injured on his first match back after an injury having reinserted himself back into the starting lineup, calls for Max Allegri’s head, mercato pandemonium and a stroll to the summit of Serie A, it’s been similar to years gone by…

Now that we’re almost at the midway point of the season, it’s time to cast a glance back at the events that have transpired so far. We asked you, the awesome readers of this wonderful blog, and the writers, to cast their votes for our player of the season so far. Well, as of midnight Dec. 31 here in India, the votes have been cast, and with an overwhelming majority vote of 42 percent (and 150 votes), BWRAO readers have voted Alex Sandro as our player of the 2016-17 season so far! Gonzalo Higuain was a distant second with 17 percent of the votes, followed by Mario Mandzukic with 13 percent.

Similarly, five of the seven writers who contributed to the BWRAO Roundtable a few days ago also voted for Sandro. I was one of the five, so without further ado, let me go into why I personally think the Brazilian has been our player of the season thus far.

UPWARD TRAJECTORY

From last season, it was evident that Sandro possessed a flair and skill going forward typical of famous Brazilian fullbacks of years gone by, and far superior to the threat posed by his rival for the spot, Patrice Evra. The real question was if he could balance that with the safety that someone like Evra guaranteed.

According to whoscored, Sandor has numerous strenghts and no weaknesses at all
 whoscored.com

To everyone’s delight, Allegri has firmly made Sandro the starting left back/left wingback for Serie A, whereas its still a bit of a toss-up based on formation and opponent in the Champions League, although if recent games are anything to go by, it would be silly to start Evra over Sandro for the Champions League Round of 16 tie against Porto.

Sandro has made 16 starts and one substitute appearance in Seria A so far, as compared to his 15 starts and seven substitute appearances last season. However, amazingly, he’s already played the exact same number of minutes as last season: 1490. So we have a very uniform foundation upon which to compare his stats.

On the defensive side, Sandro has truly upped his game since last season, showing he’s adapting well to the Italian game, his teammates and the coach’s instructions.

His tackles attempted have increased from 2.2 to 2.9 per game, while successful tackles have also increased from 1.8 to 2.4 per game. He intercepts the ball 2.2 times per game, as compared to 2 last season.

He averages 1.8 clearances per game now, to 1.6 last season, and 1.6 aerial duels won per game, compared to 1.5 last season. His blocking has also improved, with averages of 1.1, 0.4 and 0.2 per game for passes blocked, crosses blocked and shots blocked, as opposed to 0.6, 0.2 and 0.1 per game last season.

The only defensive stat of his that is worse this season, is the number of times he’s been dribbled past, which has increased from 0.4 per game, to 0.6

These stats really highlight the massive progress Sandro has made. Just observing his game, it is clear that he is able to stand his own against opposing wingers pretty well, and positioning was the only real trait of his that needed some work. His pace and stamina only further highlight just how well rounded our Brazilian full back is.

BOMBING DOWN THE FLANK

What makes Sandro special is the massive offensive threat he poses as well. While his dribbles completed have decreased from 1.8 per game to 1.5, it is clear that these are still high numbers for a fullback/wing back. Also worth noting, is that these stats are from whoscored, and they have a very particular definition for what constitutes a completed dribble. On his own, Sandro is able to cover massive ground down the left flank, and he possesses the pace, stamina and strength, to be able to contribute productively at both sides of the pitch for the entire duration of a game.

Also worth keeping note of, is that teams in Italy have begun to realize the threat he poses. One key example is the game against Roma this past month, where the right winger Gerson, and fullback Antonio Rudiger spent the bulk of the game holding more defensive positions, so as to negate Sandro’s threat. Even the introduction of the deadly Mohammed Salah in the second half couldn’t spark Roma’s right wing to life, and this speaks volumes of Sandro’s impact on either phase.

THE COMPLETE PACKAGE

Sandro has completed the maximum number of passes in the squad
 squawka.com

Sandro’s passing has also massively increased, from 36.2 completed passes per game last season, to 48.2 completed passes per game this season. His passing percentage has also gone up from 84 percent to 84.7 percent. This is very impressive considering the number of forward passes he makes, as evident from this graph below, which shows that Sandro averages almost as many forward passes as backward passes, which is certainly impressive considering he primarily plays as a fullback.

A percentage breakdown of the number of forward vs backward passes made by Alex Sandro
 squawka.com

It is also worth noting that Sandro has completed the most passes of anyone in the squad, with 676 completed. He is also the only Juventus player in the top 30 in the league for this statistic, although he is soon to be joined by a certain Tomas Rincon (669). This can be somewhat explained by the number of games the likes of Leonardo Bonucci, Chiellini, Dani Alves and Claudio Marchisio have missed due to injury however.

He also averages 1.4 crosses completed per game this season, an increase to his 1.2 from last season. With the introduction of Mandzukic and Higuain, his long ball game has also improved massively, increasing from two long balls per game last season, to 4.6 this season.

Juventus FC v Atalanta BC - Serie APhoto by Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

He also averages 2.1 key passes per game, an increase to his 1.9 per game last season. He is the defender with the highest average in this department in the league.

Most startlingly, however, Sandro leads the team in chances created with 35. Miralem Pjanic comes second with 34. What makes this most impressive is stacking him up against the other primary creative forces in the league.

Sandro’s 35 chances created is more than the likes of Jose Callejon and Lorenzo Insigne (who have both created 33), and is less than only Antonio Candreva (38), Marek Hamsik (40), Alejandro Gomez (41) and Salah (47), which is again pretty amazing when you consider the positions all these players play.

For key passes completed, he is joint-fourth in the league with Hamsik (32), only Josep Ilicic (33), Ever Banega (34) and Salah (41) ahead of them. Once again, this is an amazing stat when one considers the positions those players occupy.

With one goal and three assists, he is also proving decisive in the stats that matter most: goals. From all these stats, we can see without a doubt that Sandro is indeed the complete package. He holds his own well enough against the best wingers in the league, and his chemistry with our other defenders has improved mightily since last year, despite the revolving door of faces who line up next to him at center back. At the same time, despite Juventus not being a team that focuses on wing play, he has emerged as the primary creative force of the team. It is worth noting that Pjanic’s numbers for chances created are also boosted by his taking all the set pieces for the team, yet Sandro still has created more chances than him.

His mere presence alone is making teams play more defensively on their right side, and this is testament to the massive quality he possesses.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Stats aside, it has been a bit of a slow going season for us so far. We are still finding our feet going forward, what with the new signings of Pjanic and Higuain, the loss of Pogba, and the large number of matches Dybala has spent on the sidelines. Our midfield too has been shaky and is only starting to stabilize since Marchisio returned to the fold. Our defense as a whole hasn’t been the same strength on paper atleast, and we’ve been leaking goals lately. Still, to play devil’s advocate, all our other defenders have spent extended periods on the sidelines, and only Rugani now is starting to show some consistency with his fitness.

Our squad as a whole has been a bit of a mess, with a very large number of players playing in a number of different positions and formations. The one constant throughout all of this, has been Sandro down the left, and he has maintained his lofty levels from the very get go. He has the highest average whoscored rating in our squad with 7.59, and I have to confess that I’m a little worried with him on the sidelines now. It is no question in my mind to me atleast, who I’d want starting on the left for all our big matches, and I think that highlights his importance to the squad. He is my undisputed choice for best player of the season so far, and in terms of importance to the squad, he must surely be giving chase to the likes of Marchisio, Buffon and Dybala for that title.

We are lucky to have him in our team, and he is still young enough that his peak could well be ahead of him. The thought that he could improve even more is a scarily satisfying one, and sky is the limit for Alex Sandro in my opinion. He is my Player of the Season so far.

Juventus v Olympique Lyonnais - UEFA Champions LeaguePhoto by Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Gianluigi Buffon: Superman, the GOAT, what more is there to say? Thinking back to that game against Lyon in the Champions League still gives me goosebumps...

Daniele Rugani: With each passing day, he is not only proving his massive quality and potential, but is slowly emerging as a silent leader in the heart of the defense. He wears his heart on his sleeve when he plays, and he seems to possess black and white blood, and one can only hope he will don our stripes for many years to come. How many 22-year-old defenders can truly claim to have been able to minimize the loss of someone like Bonucci?

Claudio Marchisio: The stats will probably never attest to this, but our team just looks massively inferior without Il Principino playing. The offense looks less crisp and fluid, and the defense looks shakier. He is the one who brings balance to the force.

Gonzalo Higuain: It will take a lot to justify the King’s Ransom we paid for him, but game by game, he is slowly doing just that. He has proved to be THE difference maker from the very start of the season. He’s capable of winning games single handedly, and he is doing us just that. When the offense and his chemistry with Dybala and Pjanic truly starts to click, expect him to truly be unleashed.

That said, thanks for sticking with me so far! Which player do you guys and girls think will be the difference maker for the second half of the season? Is there any other player you’d like to see such player spotlights on?

I wish all of you a very happy new year. May 2017 usher in loads of happiness and success and good health to all of you! Cheers!

Forza Juve!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chelsea consider Alex Sandro bid

http://www.football-italia.net/96336/chelsea-consider-alex-sandro-bid

Jan 3, 2017

Antonio Conte wants Chelsea to snap up Juventus wing-back Alex Sandro, according to reports in Italy.

The former Italy Coach is topping the Premier League table with his Chelsea outfit and is after some reinforcements.

Calciomercato.it claim Conte has set his sights on Brazilian Alex Sandro at his old club Juve.

He turns 26 later this month and can play a multitude of roles down the left flank in defence, midfield or attack.

Alex Sandro only joined Juventus from FC Porto in Augst 2015 for €26m and is under contract until 2020, so a deal does seem highly unlikely.

However, Chelsea have just pocketed €60m from selling Oscar to Shanghai SIPG.

This season Alex Sandro has made 17 Serie A appearances, contributing one goal and three assists.

He also featured four times in the Champions League and went off injured during the Supercoppa Italiana clash with Milan in Doha.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro back in Juventus training

http://www.football-italia.net/96766/alex-sandro-back-juventus-training

Jan 12, 2017

Alex Sandro has returned to Juventus training, having picked up a thigh injury in the Supercoppa Italiana.

The Brazilian went off injured during the 1-1 draw with Milan in Doha, with the Bianconeri going on to lose the match on penalties.

With Patrice Evra seemingly set to leave the club, the Old Lady looked short at left-back but Alex Sandro could be close to a return.

The 25-year-old was involved in part of today’s training session at Vinovo, taking part in “athletic and technical training” along with his teammates.

While the full-back will not be fit to face Fiorentina on Sunday night, he is getting closer to a return to the first team.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alex Sandro: ‘Porto will be a battle’

http://www.football-italia.net/97876/alex-sandro-‘porto-will-be-battle’

Feb 3, 2017

Alex Sandro warns Juventus to “be prepared for a battle” when they face Porto in the Champions League Last 16.

The Brazilian joined the Bianconeri from the Portuguese side, and will renew acquaintances on February 22.

“Against big teams it’s the game of their life,” the wing-back told Esporte Interativo.

“I still have a lot of friends in Portugal, and I know how much the home game will mean to them.

“I’m honestly not very anxious and I want to go back to Estadio Dragao as a protagonist, it’s a unique place and when Porto face the biggest teams in Europe there they always give their utmost, they play the game of their lives.

“I’ve experienced that first hand, and I’m sure it won’t be any different this time.

“Juventus should be prepared for a battle.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Real and Chelsea want Alex Sandro

http://www.football-italia.net/100015/real-and-chelsea-want-alex-sandro

Mar 21, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Real Madrid have joined Chelsea in the push for Juventus left-back Alex Sandro, but the price-tag is at least €45m.

The 26-year-old was plucked from FC Porto in August 2015 for what seemed like a massive €26m, but he has proved to be something of a bargain.

The Brazilian has two goals and five assists in 32 competitive games this season and become the undisputed first choice at left-back.

Chelsea had already shown interest in his services, but now Spanish reports suggest Real Madrid are ready to make an offer too.

The Merengues are eager to reinforce their defence and Alex Sandro would also provide the more attacking intent they expect from their full-backs.

Alex Sandro is a valuable member of the Juve squad and they wouldn’t even sit down to discuss the matter for less than €45m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

TRANSFER NEWS: CHELSEA AND REAL MADRID
EYEING JUVENTUS DEFENDER ALEX SANDRO

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/03/22/transfer-news-chelsea-

and-real-madrid-eyeing-juventus-defender-alex-sandro/

Mar 22, 2017

Chelsea and Real Madrid are both showing interest in a potential summer pursuit of Juventus defender Alex Sandro, who is expected to cost around €45 million.

Portuguese publication A Bola are claiming that Chelsea and Real Madrid are both interested in Juventus defender Alex Sandro. The Brazilian international has been attracting a lot of top clubs lately. And it seems Chelsea and Real Madrid have joined the others in the pursuit of the left-back.

Alex Sandro’s stock has been on a continuous rise. After coming to the fore in Europe with Porto, the player established himself as a solid left-back after moving to Juventus. This season, the player has made 23 Serie A appearances, with 2 goals and 4 assists on record.

Chelsea have Marcos Alonso to fill the left wingback position and while the Spaniard has done a commendable job so far in his first season at Stamford Bridge, Antonio Conte is looking to add depth in that position while also scouring for a potential upgrade on the former Fiorentina man.

Best full-backs in Europe's top 5 leagues by Squawka Performance Score:

Alex Sandro (762)
Filipe Luis (718)@faturah_men #AskSquawka

Alex Sandro has played both as a left-back and a left midfielder for the Bianconeri, something which suggests he could do a good job as a wingback. Real Madrid, too, are looking for a replacement for Fabio Coentrao, who looks set to exit the club in the summer.

And Sandro could also prove to be an upgrade to Marcelo. Los Blancos have reportedly joined Chelsea in the pursuit of Alex Sandro. As per the report, the player is likely to cost around €45 million, a fee neither Chelsea nor Real Madrid would really have trouble in splashing in order to secure the services of the player.

Chelsea will have Champions League football next season and if they do manage to lift the Premier League trophy this season, they would look to avoid the ghosts of their previous title-defending campaign, which means Conte would need reinforcements at various positions come summer.

The 26-year-old, however, is contracted to Juventus till 2020 and given the current stature of the club in Europe and their continued dominance in Italy, Alex Sandro could opt to stay at Juventus. If, though, he decides to call time on his Juventus career, there will be no shortage of big-name suitors for his services.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus prepare Alex Sandro renewal

http://www.football-italia.net/100078/juventus-prepare-alex-sandro-renewal

Mar 23, 2017

Reports suggest Juventus are preparing a new contract for Alex Sandro, to ward off Chelsea and Real Madrid.

The Brazilian left-back joined the Bianconeri from Porto in 2015 for a fee of €26m, and has become a crucial part of Max Allegri’s side.

It was reported this week that both Chelsea and Madrid were ready to offer €45m for the defender this summer, and Corriere dello Sport believes Juve are taking counter-measures.

Alex Sandro wasn’t called-up by Brazil for the current international break, so he will return to work at Vinovo today.

According to the newspaper, the Turin giants are willing to offer a €3.5m contract to extend the left-back’s deal by one year, meaning he’d be tied down until 2021.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Reports: Juventus to offer Alex Sandro
a contract extension through 2021

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/24/15030506/report-

juventus-alex-sandro-agree-to-contract-extension-2021-serie-a

Mar 24, 2017

We might as well think of the international break as the period of time where contract extension rumors involving Juventus players either start up or continue on their merry way.

Wednesday was the day where a number of Italian media outlets were reporting that Juve defender Giorgio Chiellini is going to be signing a contract extension in relatively short order, another big name in the Juventus defense is reportedly in line for another few years being to added onto his current deal. Alex Sandro, the Serie A champions’ Brazilian dynamo at left back, is the subject of a contract extension that is currently being put together, according to reports out of Italy on Thursday.

Much like a lot of Juventus’ recent contract extensions to the likes of Leonardo Bonucci and Daniele Rugani, Sandro’s proposed new deal would run through the 2020-21 season and see him receive a noticeable raise along the way, seeing his salary go up from a reported €2.8 million to €3.5 million.

The reasoning behind the contract, besides trying to keep Sandro around for as long as possible as he becomes one of the best at his position in the world, is to try and fend off any interest from other European big-money clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid this summer.

And let’s be honest here: Even if there wasn’t even one single club interested in signing Alex Sandro this summer, would a contract extension and a nice little pay raise be out of line?

Of course it wouldn’t.

Because he’s a fantastic player, and he’s becoming more and more important to this Juventus squad the way it is constructed. He’s taken over as Juve’s full-time starter at left back and has been one of the club’s best players this season, if not the best. (He was at midseason, by the way, because we at BWRAO said so.)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130733 messaggi

swcy9l.png

The rise of Alex Sandro

The defender has developed into an integral member of Juventus’ backline and
has quite rightly earned the plaudits this season, writes Nick Valerio.

http://www.football-italia.net/101236/rise-alex-sandro

Apr 17, 2017

When Juventus secured the latest star from the Porto talent conveyor belt in August 2015, they knew they were acquiring the services of the archetypal Brazilian full-back: an athletic presence who placed great emphasis on attack.

In his debut season, the marauding left-footer found himself sharing the starting berth with veteran Patrice Evra, and the rotation understandably affected Alex Sandro’s match rhythm and confidence. Evra, the wily old head who had experienced it all, featured in 26 league matches while the new addition from the Primeira Liga made a total of 22 appearances. The new acquisition was very much second choice and was overlooked for the big matches.

Fast forward to the end of his second full year in Turin and the player has made the position his own. This coincided with the departure of the Frenchman, who was granted his wish to move to Olympique Marseille in January, even though his employers were fighting on three fronts. For Alex Sandro, this would have been quite the compliment and he has repaid the Champions with a playing standard which has visibly risen this year. The 26-year-old has grown in stature, and there remains no doubt who is the undisputed number one in the role.

Of course, the Catanduva native’s front foot inclinations are well documented, but under the tutelage of Max Allegri, is now equally adept at playing in an orthodox back four or as a wing-back. For this, player and Coach both deserve a great deal of credit for the improvement in his game. Alex Sandro is no longer just a buccaneering defender, but a model of consistency who has honed the ability to defend and attack in equal measure without it hampering his forward-thinking instincts.

The Bianconeri first-teamer now offers balance, a skill which goes unnoticed in a typical Brazilian full-back and from an international perspective, he can consider himself hard done by, with Marcelo and Filipe Luís ahead in the pecking order. But, if Alex Sandro can continue in his current vein of form, his upward trajectory cannot be overlooked and the 2018 World Cup should be his target.

On the club scene, the Brazilian’s reputation continues to soar and the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea have registered an interest, so the Scudetto holders must be mindful that their talented defender’s list of suitors will only grow further.

The Vecchia Signora undoubtedly have someone who is dedicated to their profession and goes about his business in consummate fashion. With Alex Sandro’s best years ahead of him, both team and player can look forward to an exciting future together.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti