Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Mario Lemina

130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve and Inter in for Lemina

http://www.football-italia.net/71593/juve-and-inter-lemina?

Aug 25, 2015

Juventus and Inter are battling for Olympique Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina, seen as an alternative to Axel Witsel.

He won’t turn 22 until next month and impressed last season as a box-to-box figure, scoring two goals in 23 Ligue 1 games.

According to Calciomercato.com, Juventus met with his intermediaries today and discussed personal terms.

They’re prepared to offer a four-year contract with wages of €1.8m per season.

Marseille want a €12m transfer fee and would accept payment spread out over two instalments.

Juve see him as an alternative to first choice Witsel, who costs twice as much from Zenit St Petersburg and is also of interest to Milan.

However, Sky Sport Italia insist Inter directors also had a meeting with Lemina’s agent on Tuesday.

Napoli have been linked, but appear to be pushing for Roberto Soriano of Sampdoria instead.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina agent: 'Only Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/71707/lemina-agent-only-juventus?

Aug 28, 2015

Olympique Marseilles Mario Lemina's agent denies any link with Inter and Napoli: 'Only Juventus are in serious negotiations'.

The French 21-year-old was believed to be the object of contention for the Nerazzurri and the Bianconeri, with Napoli also linked to the midfielder.

But his agent Yvan Le Mee, in an interview with Milanosportiva.com, said there was only one team in his sights.

“There are no intermediaries and there are no other agents,” he said.

“We're the ones who directly handle the player's interests and deal with his parents.

“To date Juventus are the only Italian team who are in serious negotiations for him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve close on Lemina deal

http://www.football-italia.net/72269/juve-close-lemina-deal?

Aug 29, 2015

While waiting for Julian Draxler, Juventus are finalising their deal for Mario Lemina with Olympique Marseille.

Schalke 04 have still not given the all-clear for Draxler, despite reports of an agreement worth €26m plus €6m bonuses.

With transfer deadline day on Monday, the Bianconeri are locking down an alternative and could solve two problems in one move.

Sky Sport Italia claim Juve will hand Paolo De Ceglie and Mauricio Isla to Marseille as part of the package for Lemina.

The 21-year-old will arrive on loan for €1.5m with an option to buy at the end of the season for another €10.5m.

Lemina is a box-to-box midfielder who can play in several different positions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina to Juventus imminent

http://www.football-italia.net/72296/lemina-juventus-imminent?

Aug 30, 2015

Juventus have reportedly agreed terms on the deal for Olympique de Marseilles' Mario Lemina, beating Napoli.

The midfielder was already believed to be close to the Bianconeri in spite of an interest by their Azzurri rivals.

According to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport online, director general Beppe Marotta is defining the last details of the deal with OM in these hours.

It appears that Mauricio Isla will join the Ligue 1 club as part of the deal, but not Paolo De Ceglie, who turned down the possibility of moving to France.

The financial details have not been released yet, though the most recent reports mentioned a €1.5m loan deal with an option to buy for €10m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina has Juventus medical

http://www.football-italia.net/72332/lemina-has-juventus-medical?

Aug 31, 2015

Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina has arrived in Turin for his Juventus medical ahead of a loan move.

It was reported yesterday that the 21-year-old was close to joining the Bianconeri for an initial €1.5m loan, with a €10m option to buy.

“French-Gabonese midfielder Mario Lemina is in the city [Turin] where he is undergoing his medical examinations,” a statement on the Old Lady’s website confirmed.

“The examinations for the Under-21 international will take place at the Clinica Fornaca di Sessant, and then at the Istituto di Medicina dello Sport in the capital of Piedmont.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus confirm Lemina medical

The midfielder is set to join the Bianconeri as the club
bid to find a long term successor to Arturo Vidal.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/08/31/14909702/-?

Aug 31, 2015

Juventus have confirmed Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina will undergo a medical on Monday ahead of completing a move to Turin.

The 21-year-old is reportedly set to join the club on an initial 12-month loan deal, which will cost the Bianconeri €1.5 million, and could sign on a permanent basis for €10m next summer if he impresses.

A statment on Juve's website said: "French-Gabonese midfielder Mario Lemina is in the city [Turin] where he is undergoing his medical examinations.

“The examinations for the Under-21 international will take place at the Clinica Fornaca di Sessant, and then at the Istituto di Medicina dello Sport in the capital of Piedmont.”

Lemina's agent revealed on Friday that negotiations were ongoing with the Serie A champions, while dismissing the prospect of a possible move to Inter or Napoli.

Juve are short of midfield options after selling Arturo Vidal to Bayern Munich and seeing Andrea Pirlo leave for New York City FC, while new signing Sami Khedira is out for two months with a thigh injury.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS COMPLETE MARIO LEMINA SIGNING

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-complete-mario-lemina-signing/?

Aug 31, 2015

Juventus have completed the signing of Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina.

The Bianconeri have been working on a number of transfer deals to beef up their depleted midfield following the departures of Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal.

Injuries to Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira have left the Bianconeri with limited options in the centre of the park.

21-year-old Lemina has completed his Juve medical and is expected to join on a year-long loan deal costing €1.5m with an option to purchase set at €10m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Official: Juventus sign Mario Lemina

The midfielder has sealed his move to Turin from Marseille on an initial loan deal,
with two players moving in the opposite direction to join the French side.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4682/transfer-zone/2015/08/31/14931412/-?

Aug 31, 2015

Marseille have confirmed that Mario Lemina has joined Juventus on loan with an option to buy.

The former France Under-21 international has been at the Stade Velodrome for two years after leaving boyhood club Lorient and underwent a medical on Monday ahead of completing the move to Turin, while defenders Mauricio Isla and Paolo De Ceglie have moved in the opposite direction.

The duo both head to Marseille on loan deals to boost the defence of a team that has taken just three points from their opening four Ligue 1 matches.
The Bianconeri will pay €1.5 million for the 21-year-old Lemina's services in 2015-16 and have the chance to make the deal permanent ahead of next season.

Juventus have been in need of midfield reinforcements this summer after losing Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal to New York City and Bayern Munich respectively.

Inter midfielder Hernanes is also expected to sign for Massimiliano Allegri's men prior to the transfer deadline.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

OFFICIALLLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Olympique Marseille's
Mario Lemina on loan with option to buy

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/9/1/9231253/official-juventus-sign-olympique-marseille-midfielder-mario-lemina

Sep 1, 2015

The age-old debate rang true for weeks: Would Juventus go for a trequartista or would they sign a central midfielder to address the sudden issues with depth facing manager Max Allegri?

While we all scramble to read the trequartista-related news in the form of Hernanes arriving, we know that Juve will have at least one more central midfielder to choose from when they return from the international break next weekend.

Juventus have announced the signing of Olympique Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina on a season-long loan with a Beppe Marotta special of an option to buy next summer. The deal features a few interesting steps, so instead of trying to explain them to you myself, I will let the professionals handle it. So, here's the official wording of the deal, courtesy of Juventus' official website:

Juventus Football Club can this evening confirm that Mario Lemina has joined the club on a season-long loan deal from Olympique Marseille.

A fee of €0.5 million paid on or before 30 September 2015 would provide Juventus with the right to purchase the player outright for a price of €9.5 million, to be paid in two financial years.

This fee may increase up to a maximum of €1 million should certain sporting targets stipulated in the agreement be achieved during the duration of the player's contract.

Going the other way on a free loan move is Mauricio Isla. The agreement provides Olympique Marseille with the option to acquire the player's full registration rights for a fixed price of €7 million, payable within two financial years, up until 30 May 2016.

Paolo De Ceglie also joins the French club for the current campaign on a free loan switch.

I won't sit here and proclaim that I am the No. 1 Lamina expert on the internet. Shoot, the vast majority of Lemina pictures we have at our disposal here on SBN are from when Juventus played Olympique Marseille earlier this summer in one of Juve's mid-summer friendlies. So it's not like we have a lot of visual evidence to base these things on.

But going after a young player like Lemina who comes relatively cheap and has a bit of upside to his game, I can see the reason behind it. The loan move isn't expensive, and he provides depth in an area where Juventus sorely need it, so it's not like we can get too, too upset about it. Lemina is 21 years old and playing on a very, very talented French Under-21 team, which just so happened to feature a certain Paul Pogba not too long ago.

At the very least, we get to see Lemina and Pogba exchange hair advice. So we've got that going for us, which is nice. (I guess.)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Mario Lemina joins Juventus on loan
as Mauricio Isla, Paolo De Ceglie go to OM

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2591248/mario-lemina-joins-juventus-on-loan-from-marseille?

Sep 1, 2015

Marseille midfielder Mario Lemina has joined Italian champions Juventus on a season-long loan with Mauricio Isla and Paolo De Ceglie heading in the opposite direction.

On Monday evening, the 21-year-old passed a medical with the Scudetto holders, who have lost their first two games of the season, and an initial fee of €500,000 was later paid to L'OM to secure his services.

A further statement published on Juve's official website confirmed the Gabon-born player would spend the 2015-16 season in Turin, with the Bianconeri possessing an option to buy him for €9.5 million should they exercise that right by the end of April.

Lemina, who turned down his country of birth to pursue a chance with the France national team, has played for France's Under-20 and Under-21 teams. He has played 46 times and scored two goals for Marseille, who he joined from Ligue 1 rivals Lorient in 2013.

Arriving in southern France are full-backs Isla and De Ceglie -- the former spent last season in England with QPR and subsequently played his part as Chile won the Copa America in July.

Attack-minded left-back De Ceglie has made over 100 Serie A appearances since graduating from Juve's academy but had recently been sent on loan to Genoa and Parma.

Marseille may have beaten Troyes 6-0 this season but their other three results have been poor defeats in which the Stade Velodrome outfit have failed to score.

L'OM were forced into an unexpected managerial change earlier this month, with Marcelo Bielsa stepping down immediately after a 1-0 home loss to Caen. Former Sevilla and Olympiakos boss Michel was then hired on a two-year contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina: 'Juve, let's improve'

http://www.football-italia.net/72405/lemina-juve-lets-improve?

Sep 1, 2015

Mario Lemina says he always liked the 'playing style' of his new team Juventus and hopes the team can do 'even better'.

The 21-year-old came in as a classic last-minute signing from Olympique Marseille, and his first statements were published today on the Bianconeri's official site.

“I prefer to play in a box-to-box role, which is what I was doing at Marseilles recently,” he said.

“I think with the formation that Juventus deploy I can be useful to the team.

“I've always liked Juventus and their playing style. And of course we've all seen they win a lot, in the championship and in the cups.

"They came to the final of the Champions League last year, I was rooting for them but unfortunately they lost.

“Now I'm here and we'll try to repeat last year's achievements, or do even better.

“I'm really happy to be at Juve for my birthday.

“I mustn't think I've arrived now, I must prove that I can have a role in this team.

“Hopefully I'll be out on the pitch for Juventus soon.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina: ‘I’m like Vidal’

http://www.football-italia.net/72454/lemina-%E2%80%98i%E2%80%99m-vidal%E2%80%99?

Sep 2, 2015

New Juventus signing Mario Lemina admits he has ‘some things in common’ with Arturo Vidal.

Vidal left the Bianconeri this summer to join Bayern Munich, and the tough-tackling French Under-21 international, who arrived on deadline day, has been characterised as a replacement for the Chilean.

“I think we have some things in common,” Lemina told journalists when asked about the comparions in his presentation Press conference.

“We both like to defend, but we also like to get forward. I don’t know if I can do what he did, Vidal is still Vidal, he’s a great player.

“But I hope with the experience I can get here at Juventus that I can reach his level.”

The 22-year-old has arrived on loan for a season, with the Old Lady having the option to buy, and Lemina admits he turned down other teams to move to Turin.

“I chose Juventus because this is an excellent team, which wins a lot and I wanted to be part of this great project.

“There was interest from other clubs, but I gave priority to Juventus because this is a team I find very inspiring.

“Paul Pogba? I hadn’t personally talked to Paul before I signed the contract, but I spoke to him today, to get to know him and see what training is like.

“He said this is a professional team, focused on tactics and technique, so I’ll do my best to be part of this project.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina: ‘Del Piero, Nedved inspirations’

http://www.football-italia.net/72455/lemina-%E2%80%98del-piero-nedved-inspirations%E2%80%99?

Sep 2, 2015

Mario Lemina names his Juventus heroes as Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero.

The midfielder has joined the Bianconeri on an initial loan basis from Marseille, and was asked at his presentation about his favourite Juve players growing up.

“A Juventus player who inspired me a lot is Del Piero,” Lemina explained.

“Now, unfortunately, I’m not a stiker, so it’s not really possible to look at him and be inspired by him. I’m also inspired by Nedved, who is also a Juventus legend and played in my role.

“Today he inspires me, he’s a player with huge ‘grinta' [heart and determination] as you say in Italian, and I like that kind of approach.

“He was a great player, he scored a lot of goals and he really inspires me.”

Under Marcelo Bielsa at Marseille, Lemina even played as part of a three-man defence, and says he’d be willing to do the same for the Old Lady.

“My preferred role, or roles, are midfield or playmaker, because those are the positions I like. But If I have to play in defence then that’s no problem for me, I’m ready to work in defence and give my all for the team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Breaking Down What Mario Lemina
Will Bring to Juventus

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2561757-breaking-down-what-mario-lemina-will-bring-to-juventus?

Sep 8, 2015

While the likes of Paulo Dybala, Alex Sandro and Mario Mandzukic grab the headlines, Juventus have made a number of less notable signing this past summer. The Bianconeri invested a staggering €77 million in that aforementioned trio, with a further €18 million sent to Sassuolo in exchange for Simone Zaza, per TransferMarkt.co.uk.

Yet behind them, a free transfer for Sami Khedira represents fantastic value, as does the loan deal that saw Juan Cuadrado arrive after an unsuccessful six-month stint at Chelsea. While those players need little introduction, the same cannot be said of the capture of French midfielder Mario Lemina.

Brought to Turin on the final day of the Serie A transfer window, he initially joins the reigning Italian champions on a season-long loan from Olympique Marseille. According to the club’s official website, however, "a fee of €0.5 million paid on or before 30 September 2015 would provide Juventus with the right to purchase the player outright" for €9.5 million next year.

The 22-year-old seemed very happy with the move, discussing his opinion of the Bianconeri with reporters at his inaugural press conference in Turin last week and revealing he was “delighted” to be part of “a massive club with a tradition of winning.”

With illustrious names such as Paul Pogba, Claudio Marchisio and Khedira already at the club, it remains to be seen how much impact Lemina will have.

Yet he appears to already have moved up the pecking order, coach Massimiliano Allegri including him in his Champions League squad at the expense of Simone Padoin, per the official Juventus website.

That was an impressive decision from the former Milan and Cagliari boss and was discussed at length in this previous column. Having made just 50 appearances for Marseille, seeing what he brings to the Bianconeri is difficult to understand, but Andrew Gibney of French Football Weekly believes Lemina’s battling approach is arguably his biggest asset as he wrote recently:

Many would see Lemina as a street fighter. He chases a lot of balls down, harries and pressurises opponents into mistakes, and seems to possess a strong determined attitude. Until recently, it seemed he was a pretty fair player too, not known for having a nasty streak. However, in an incident against Rennes recently, he punched Ola Toivonen in the groin, leading to a much-deserved ban.

To succeed at a club like Marseille and run the midfield, one perhaps needs something of a nasty streak. The punch was cheap and nasty, but it showed he had fire in his belly, something that will prove useful when better-channelled.

That is supported by WhoScored.com statistics, with their figures showing the former Lorient youngster has averaged 2.3 tackles and 1.3 interceptions per game over the course of his fledgling career. Lemina is also a hugely versatile player, something the man himself discussed at his unveiling at Juventus Stadium.

“I’m as comfortable going forward as I am tracking back,” he told reporters, per the club’s official website. “I played in a back three for Marseille on occasions, so for the benefit of the team, I can slot in anywhere.”

“My preferred position is in the centre of the field where I can dictate play and influence the game, but I know that it’s up to me to force my way into contention,” Lemina continued. “My ambition is to play and develop my game as much as I can.”

He is likely to be a reserve behind Juve’s first-choice midfield, a matter analysed in detail here, and he joins a group of promising young players that gives the Old Lady an extremely bright future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina has Pogba ambition

http://www.football-italia.net/72770/lemina-has-pogba-ambition?

Sep 9, 2015

Mario Lemina reveals how he found out about the Juventus move. “I hope to be like Paul Pogba.”

The midfielder arrived on transfer deadline day from Olympique Marseille, as Sami Khedira suffered a pre-season injury.

“I am very happy to have joined Juve, as it’s the biggest club in Italy and the chance for me to prove my quality on the international stage,” the 22-year-old told RMC Sport.

“I first found out about the interest from the Bianconeri by watching TV. My agent had done it all by himself before then and he informed me when we were close to formalising a deal. I couldn’t turn Juventus down!

“My time at Marseille wasn’t always easy. The club had to sell big players to balance the books and Marcelo Bielsa’s departure was a heavy blow for many players, including me. I never understood why it went that way.”

Lemina revealed the talk he had with Coach Max Allegri when arriving in Turin.

“He didn’t need to reassure me on my role, I know that he likes the way I play and he’ll help me improve further. Serie A is very tactical and a difficult League. I know that I must work a lot before having a spot in the starting XI.

“I am very happy to be Pogba’s teammate, as I’ve known him since we were together in the France youth teams. It’s great to see his daily improvement and I hope to be like him one day.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

MARIO LEMINA: “I COULDN’T TURN JUVENTUS DOWN!”

http://www.juvefc.com/mario-lemina-i-couldnt-turn-juventus-down/?

Sep 9, 2015

New signing Mario Lemina revealed he heard about Juve’s interest in him by watching TV and that he ‘couldn’t turn Juventus down!’

“I am very happy to have joined Juve, as it’s the biggest club in Italy and the chance for me to prove my quality on the international stage,” the 22-year-old midfielder told RMC Sport.

“I first found out about the interest from the Bianconeri by watching TV. My agent had done it all by himself before then and he informed me when we were close to formalising a deal. I couldn’t turn Juventus down!

“My time at Marseille wasn’t always easy. The club had to sell big players to balance the books and Marcelo Bielsa’s departure was a heavy blow for many players, including me. I never understood why it went that way.”

Lemina also touched on his first conversations with coach Max Allegri after arriving in Turin.

“He didn’t need to reassure me on my role, I know that he likes the way I play and he’ll help me improve further. Serie A is very tactical and a difficult League. I know that I must work a lot before having a spot in the starting XI.

“I am very happy to be Pogba’s teammate, as I’ve known him since we were together in the France youth teams. It’s great to see his daily improvement and I hope to be like him one day.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Mario Lemina chooses Gabon over France

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/gabon/news/mario-lemina-chooses-gabon-over-france_245222.html

Sep 10, 2015

Juventus loanee Mario Lemina has announced that he is to play international football for Gabon.

The former France Under-20 World Cup winner had turned down a recent call-up to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations squad in hopes that the French senior side would select him in the future.

However, Lemina has now decided to pledge his international future to the country of his birth and told RMC radio about his delight in choosing the Panthers.

The 22-year-old said: "I chose Gabon, and I am very happy about it, I have signed all the important papers and agreed with the federation.

"I am waiting for my first game with the national team, which had to be postponed as I was in the process of moving to Juventus. They understood, and I hope I will be able to play in Gabon's next match."

Lemina joined the Serie A champions from Marseille during the transfer window on a season-long with an option to purchase the midfielder next summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Juventus Should Hold on to
Olympique Marseille Loanee Mario Lemina

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2622696-juventus-should-hold-on-to-marseille-loanee-mario-lemina?

Mar 8, 2016

During Juventus' tumultuous summer transfer window, it was easy to lose track of some of the players moving in and out of the Vinovo training ground.

A total of 11 players arrived in Turin, including a pair of midfielders on deadline day. The first, Hernanes, has been the focus of many a fan's ire this year after his uneven play cost the Bianconeri on several occasions.

The second, however, was more of a developmental project. Mario Lemina turned 22 the day after Juve announced they had signed him on loan from Olympique Marseille. The move included an option to buy the young Gabon international for €9.5 million.

A promising youngster, Lemina had been with Marseille the last three years and rapidly turned himself into one of the better young prospects in Ligue 1.

Juve fans can be forgiven for not knowing too much about him, as circumstances beyond his control have kept him from the field for much of the season. But regardless of the small sample size, it would behoove the Turin club to keep the youngster in the fold beyond this season.

Lemina arrived at the right time. Juve were going through an injury crisis in midfield. Two starters, Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira, were out until October with leg injuries. Down to the likes of Simone Padoin to start in midfield, Lemina was a welcome presence.

He started his first game three weeks after his arrival and saw time in the next two, including two more starts. It took him nearly a month after that to get his next game action, in what may have been his worst match of the year against Sassuolo. After a three-minute Champions League cameo a week later, he was felled by a training-ground injury.

That injury kept him out of the lineup until last Wednesday, when he played his first game of 2016 as a substitute in the second leg of the Coppa Italia.

While short of game action, when he has played he's done well for the most part. According to WhoScored.com, he's completed 91.7 percent of his passes for Juve this season, the third consecutive year that that number has increased. On the defensive end, he's averaged 2.3 tackles per game, a total that actually leads the team.

He's also scored twice in his seven appearances, and both of those goals were both significant and well-taken.

The first came on September 26, when he was in the starting XI as a vastly underpowered Juve squad visited Napoli at the San Paolo. Maurizio Sarri's squad had dominated most of the game and taken a 2-0 lead through Gonzalo Higuain in the 62nd minute. Seconds after the restart, Lemina made a smart run to the back post and slammed home a Paulo Dybala cross that had got past Roberto Pereyra.

The visitors couldn't find an equalizer, but the consolation turned out to be massive. As Juventus began their tear up the standings, that head-to-head win loomed large as a potential tiebreaker between them and Napoli. Their 1-0 win over the Partenopei last month equalized that, but Lemina's goal ensured that the next two tiebreakers—head-to-head goal difference and head-to-head goals scored—would be equal as well.

Lemina's goal on Sunday against Atalanta was a thing of absolute beauty. Coming on as a sub for the second consecutive game, the Gabonese got the ball in space in the 86th minute and edged forward. With a sudden burst, he moved past Gabriel Paletta with a quick step-over and Rafael Toloi with a deft toe-poke before driving the ball past Marco Sportiello in goal to cement the 2-0 win and keep Juve three points up at the top.

It was a moment of quality for a player who had been in danger of getting marginalized because of his absence. Indeed, he was probably only on the field because Stefano Sturaro was unavailable due to a toe injury.

With Hernanes, Sturaro, Pereyra and perhaps Kwadwo Asamoah in the rotation ahead of him, Lemina needed a chance to make a statement on Sunday, and make one he did.

His work this season has produced a small portfolio so far, but there's enough in it to say that Lemina deserves to stay in Turin. His passing and defensive numbers are top level and have either been consistent or on the up throughout his young career. His dribbling ability was on full display on Sunday, and if he can turn the finishing touch he's shown this year into something consistent, the Bianconeri could have a baby Arturo Vidal on their hands.

There's no way to overstate how important Vidal was to Juve's resurrection from back-to-back seventh-place finishes to four-time defending champions and European runners-up. He was the heart and soul of the team. He ran hard, he created chances, he was a defensive roadblock in midfield and he scored huge goals. During his time at Juventus, he turned into the most complete player in the game.

Juve did well to fill his place when he left for Bayern Munich this summer by signing Khedira, but it's nigh on impossible to fully replace a player like Vidal so immediately. But if Lemina continues to develop, the Serie A champions may have a player that could at least come very close to doing so. If Paul Pogba were to leave the team this summer, the Gabon international could be even more important.

Lemina certainly has some aspects of his game that he can iron out. His reading of the game and feel for passing lanes definitely needs improvement—that is the only statistic of his that has actually dropped as his career has gone on.

His discipline could also use work. He's received three bookings in 383 Serie A minutes, and was booked against Inter Milan as well.

In the October loss to Sassuolo it was Lemina who conceded the free kick that provided the game's only goal—getting booked in the process—and he could have got himself sent off shortly after when he kicked the ball away after being called for another foul.

Of course, a little indiscipline was a hallmark of Vidal's game as well. If Lemina learns to harness his aggression, it could go a long way toward completing his development.

Even though Lemina's body of work is small, it should be enough to convince Juve's front office that keeping him around will be in the best interests of the club.

If he gets even more game time in the next two months—Juve must decide by the last day of April in order to lock in the €9.5 million price—he could make the decision a no-brainer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina 'wants Juventus stay'

http://www.football-italia.net/80988/lemina-wants-juventus-stay?

Mar 8, 2016

Mario Lemina “wants to stay at Juventus,” said his agent, as the club considers his €9.5m buy-out clause from Marseille.

The midfielder arrived on loan with option to buy over the summer and Tuttosport claimed today that the price-tag is €9.5m.

“He has overcome all his knee problems and is finally 100 per cent fit, so is eager to give his contribution,” agent Yvan Le Mee told calciomercato.com.

“It has not been easy for him to watch his teammates from the stands after a convincing start to the season.

“On Sunday against Atalanta he proved his tactical versatility as well as his eye for goal. (Max) Allegri can count on him for any midfield role.

“The goal really helped him on a psychological level. He is very motivated and wants to help the club achieve the Treble.

“Juve are a great side who always fight to be champions. Mario never won the title with Lorient and Marseille, but he wants to achieve this in Turin.

“It’s early to discuss his future, as that will be decided in May. Of course he wants to stay at Juventus, as he loves Italy and Turin, while Juve are Juve.

“It might seem like a cliché, but I can assure you it’s true – Juventus is like a family and they made Mario feel at home from the first day.

“I speak to the club regularly, but any discussion on the buy-out clause will be reserved until after the season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Mario Lemina wants to stay at Juventus,
according to his agent

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/3/9/11184516/mario-lemina-wants-to-stay-at-juventus-according-to-his-agent

Mar 9, 2016

We haven't seen much of Mario Lemina this season. That's obviously not by choice for the 22-year-old midfielder. In a season filled with injuries up and down the Juventus roster, Lemina's long-term absence basically wiped out a huge chunk of his season-long loan spell.

With Lemina scoring a lovely goal against Atalanta over the weekend, it's provided the perfect reason for his agent to come out and talk about the player's current standing and future. And since he's on loan and has a €9.5 million price tag slapped to him if Juventus so desire to make his deal a permanent one, there's actually a good reason to think about whether Lemina could be a Juve player past this summer.

"He has overcome all his knee problems and is finally 100 per cent fit, so is eager to give his contribution. It has not been easy for him to watch his teammates from the stands after a convincing start to the season.

"On Sunday against Atalanta he proved his tactical versatility as well as his eye for goal. (Max) Allegri can count on him for any midfield role. The goal really helped him on a psychological level. He is very motivated and wants to help the club achieve the Treble.

"Juve are a great side who always fight to be champions. Mario never won the title with Lorient and Marseille, but he wants to achieve this in Turin. It's early to discuss his future, as that will be decided in May. Of course he wants to stay at Juventus, as he loves Italy and Turin, while Juve are Juve.

"It might seem like a cliché, but I can assure you it's true - Juventus is like a family and they made Mario feel at home from the first day. I speak to the club regularly, but any discussion on the buy-out clause will be reserved until after the season."

(Source: Football Italia)

As you can see, a lot of this is an agent pumping up his client after he does something good on the field. Recency bias ain't bad, I suppose. It's not like Lemina's agent is going to come out and slam the young lad after he scores a damn nice goal to secure another three points for Juventus. They want the best for their clients.

But, here's the thing: Has Lemina shown us enough to invest €9.5 million on a player who has only appeared in six Serie A games this season?

Max Allegri and the rest of Juventus' management team sees more of him than we do in training, of course. But less than 400 minutes of game time domestically is surely nowhere near the kind of sample size where you can be fully convinced somebody may or may not fit into your future plans. That is, of course, they're somebody that you've eyed for a while and are bringing along somewhat slowly — like, for instance, Daniele Rugani.

Then throw in how deep Juve are in midfield, and paying €9.5 million for a would-be backup is quite a bit.

So, yeah, Juventus have a decision to make. Or they've made it already. If they have, maybe they can tell us. That sure would be nice of them wouldn't it?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Has Mario Lemina Done Enough to Earn
a Permanent Move to Juventus?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626697-has-mario-lemina-done-enough-to-earn-a-permanent-move-to-juventus?

Mar 23, 2016

In a midfield already littered with international stars and some hugely talented prospects, the decision to sign Mario Lemina last summer appeared to be a somewhat superfluous one from Juventus.

It was clear that Claudio Marchisio, Paul Pogba and Sami Khedira would be coach Massimiliano Allegri's first-choice trio, while the likes of Kwadwo Asamoah, Hernanes and Simone Padoin provided veteran alternatives from the bench.

In addition, last season saw both Roberto Pereyra and Stefano Sturaro prove their value to the Bianconeri. Those eight players appeared to leave few opportunities for Lemina. Yet a raft of injuries saw him given a chance in the early months of the 2015/16 campaign, but even a goal against Napoli did little to advance opinion of the 22-year-old.

A poor showing in Juve's defeat at Sassuolo in late October would be his last start before suffering fitness problems of his own.

Speaking at a press conference back in December, Allegri revealed that a recurring patella tendon issue had prompted the club to send Lemina to Barcelona for treatment.

He would miss almost three months of action, leading to questions over his long-term future in Turin, particularly given the complex nature of his initial move from Marseille. The official Juventus website revealed that his season-long loan had cost them nothing, but it came with two clauses to make the switch permanent.

The statement noted that a fee of €500,000 paid on or before 30 September 2015 would then allow Juve to purchase the player outright for €9.5 million later this year, and Lemina’s recent form makes that look like excellent value for money.

Indeed, the Gabon international has slotted into midfield superbly this month and netted again after coming on as a substitute against Atalanta two weeks ago, jinking between defenders before firing beyond goalkeeper Marco Sportiello.

With Marchisio absent once more on Sunday, Lemina was handed something of a surprise start in the Turin derby, repaying Allegri’s faith with what was undoubtedly his best performance to date for Italian football’s grand Old Lady.

Adam Digby ‎@Adz77
Mario Lemina vs Torino: 2 tackles, 4 interceptions, 2 clearances, 49/55 passes (89.1%) 1/1 take-on (via @StatsZone)

He protected the defence admirably in a fiery clash against cross-town rivals Torino, winning two tackles, four interceptions and making two clearances while recovering the ball on four occasions.

He also kept the attack ticking over when Juventus were in possession, connecting with 49 of his 55 pass attempts (89.1 percent) and creating one scoring opportunity from a well-struck set piece in the second half.

Lemina showed good skill to complete his one take-on attempt in a match that saw Gigi Buffon set a new Serie A record for minutes without conceding a goal, and the Italy captain thanked his fellow players individually shortly after the match.

Describing Lemina as “simply Juve worthy,” (h/t Tom Sheen of the Independent) the midfielder’s performance earlier in the day proved just that, and it seems he would like to extend his stay with the Italian champions.

“He has overcome all his knee problems and is finally 100 percent fit, so is eager to give his contribution,” his agent Yvan Le Mee told the Calciomercato website earlier this month (h/t Football Italia), going on to express Lemina’s opinion of life with the Bianconeri:

Juve are a great side who always fight to be champions. Mario never won the title with Lorient and Marseille, but he wants to achieve this in Turin. It’s early to discuss his future, as that will be decided in May. Of course he wants to stay at Juventus, as he loves Italy and Turin, while Juve are Juve.

It might seem like a cliché, but I can assure you it’s true – Juventus is like a family and they made Mario feel at home from the first day.

Having shown the attitude needed to play for such a prestigious club and the tactical versatility Allegri requires of his players, statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com show that Lemina's quality is beginning to shine through.

He has averaged 2.3 tackles, 1.3 interceptions and 0.9 clearances per game while completing an impressive 91.3 percent of 44.1 pass attempts per game. Meanwhile, the graphic above highlights his excellent dribbling, successfully making all 11 of the take-ons he has tried while at Juventus.

Those numbers reinforce the belief that Lemina deserves to remain in the club's famous striped shirts, and Juve should pay Marseille the necessary fee at the earliest opportunity.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lemina: ‘I want Juventus stay’

http://www.football-italia.net/81794/lemina-%E2%80%98i-want-juventus-stay%E2%80%99?

Mar 24, 2016

Mario Lemina tells Juventus that ‘I want to stay for a long time and win many titles’.

The midfielder arrived from Marseille last summer on loan, and the Bianconeri have the option to buy him for €9.5m at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has struggled to lock down a regular spot in the team this season, scoring two goals in seven Serie A appearances, but has made it clear that he sees his future in Turin.

“Juventus struck me for their organisation and mentality, which are truly unique,” Lemina said to Tuttosport.

“Important help has come from the directors, also after the elimination to Bayern, to get us back to winning.

“I’d like to stay with the Bianconeri for a long time and win many titles with this team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Lemina wants permanent Juventus move

The Marseille-owned midfielder is loving life in Turin and hopes to earn himself
a permanent move to the Serie A champions when his short-term deal comes to a close.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/03/24/21646452/-?

Mar 24, 2016

Mario Lemina is keen to stay at Juventus when his one-year loan deal expires at the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

The 22-year-old left Marseille for the Serie A champions at the start of this season for an initial fee of €500,000 and Juventus have the right to purchase him outright for €9.5m.

Lemina has made 13 appearances in all competitions for the Turin side this campaign and he hopes to have done enough to earn a permanent move.

"I would love to stay at Juventus for a long time," the Gabon international told Tuttosport.

"I want to win a lot of titles with this team.

"I immediately liked Juventus because of the organisation and the mentality, which is truly unique.

"The board of directors gave the team a lot of support to return to winning ways, also after the Champions League defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve seek new Lemina loan

http://www.football-italia.net/81913/juve-seek-new-lemina-loan?

Mar 26, 2016

Juventus are trying to negotiate an extended loan deal from Olympique Marseille for Mario Lemina.

The midfielder arrived in the summer on loan with an option to buy for €9.5m.

According to today’s edition of Tuttosport, the Bianconeri are not quite convinced yet, but nor do they want to let him go.

The 22-year-old has made 13 appearances for Juventus in all competition, scoring two Serie A goals.

The idea now is to negotiate an extension of the loan with option to buy with Marseille.

Juve are talking to OM for other matters too, as Paolo De Ceglie was loaned out to the French side and there is interest in Michy Batshuayi.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti