Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Dani Alves

130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves Nears Juventus Switch

As Full-Back Buys Turin Apartment

Dani Alves

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/06/dani-alves-nears-juventus-switch-as-full-back-buys-turin-apartment/?

Jun 3, 2016

With Barcelona confirming on Wednesday that Dani Alves would leave the Camp Nou this summer, speculation linking the Brazilian with a move toJuventus has intensified in recent days.

Following the Blaugrana’s official announcement, news revealing the full-back purchased an apartments in Turin has added to the rumours suggesting the 33-year-old is set to join the Bianconeri.

Real estate brokers Proto Group Ltd confirmed that the defender purchased the apartment after viewing no less than 22 different properties in the city.

Alves, who joined Barcelona from fellow La Liga side Sevilla in 2008, went on to become the club’s second highest foreign appearance-maker.

During his eight years with the Catalan giants, Alves racked up a remarkable 23 trophies. Juventus are thought to have beaten off competition from Paris Saint-Germain to land the Brazilian.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Report: Juventus, Dani Alves reach verbal agreement on move to Turin

GettyImages-483126818.0.jpg

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/3/11850168/dani-alves-juventus-barcelona-2016-serie-a-summer-transfer-rumors

Jun 3, 2016

When it comes to Juventus' pursuit of Dani Alves, it was first just conjecture and rumors. Then things quickly escalated into more than just something we have come to expect from those folks who churn out transfer things on a regular basis.

Just a couple of more small steps to go, according to that same Italian press corp.

Dani Alves-Juventus, it's practically done. The signatures aren't there yet but everything is set. Dani Alves and Juventus already have a verbal agreement with the player that has promised his performances to the Italian club. The Brazilian is ready to leave Barcelona.

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

I think everybody could have guessed that things were going to progress quickly when Barcelona bid farewell to Alves earlier in the day on Thursday. Based on what we knew and how things were sounding over the last few days, it seemed inevitable that Alves leaving Barcelona was going to happen.

At this point, Alves moving to Juventus this summer seems like a certainty. We're getting closer and closer to the 'OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL' post on this website, and Alves' first press conference as a Juventus player. Or maybe that will have to wait until he's done with international duty. We'll see.

Just one question to go along with all of this: When do we start the discussion about what squad number Alves will take? Seeing as he never sticks with one for more than a season, I feel like this could be important.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Dani Alves: ‘I want to win

in Europe with Juventus’

http://www.juvefc.com/dani-alves-juventus/?

Jun 3, 2016

Dani Alves has confirmed that he’ll be joining Juventus, declaring ‘I want to win in Europe with Juve’.

Barcelona issued a statement earlier this week, thanking Alves for his years at the Camp Nou and confirming his departure.

The Brazilian full-back was linked to Juventus over the past fortnight and reports intensified that a deal had already been completed,  with Alves agreeing a two-year contract including an option for an additional year.

Speaking to Sportitalia, Alves spoke his first words as a Juve player:

“I won so much at Barcelona but now I want to win with Juventus.

“I’m always happy but I had to make a change in my career.

“I want to win in Europe with Juventus. I will go to Italy to win.

“I will be in Turin within days to sign. I already saluted the Barcelona fans and it’s a see you soon, not a goodbye forever. I am coming to Italy to win and then maybe return, because I remain a Blaugrana fan.”

The 33-year old apparently changed his ‘Whatsapp’ profile picture to reflect his move to Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: 'Ready for Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/85348/dani-alves-ready-juventus

Jun 4, 2016

Dani Alves declared he “wants to bring Juventus to victory in Europe. I’ll be in Turin to sign within days and remain a Barcelona fan.”

The Brazilian is a free agent after activating a clause in his Barcelona contract and has reportedly agreed a two-year deal with option for a third.

“I am always happy, but now even more so,” Alves told SportItalia.

“The moment had come to change, to give a turning point to my career. I won so much with Barcelona and enjoyed every minute, but the time had come to challenge myself, to enjoy Italy, Juve and try to bring Juventus to victory in Europe.

“I will be in Turin within days to sign. I already saluted the Barcelona fans and it’s a see you soon, not a goodbye forever. I am coming to Italy to win and then maybe return, because I remain a Blaugrana fan.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Dani Alves confirms he will be signing

with Juventus 'within days'

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/4/11856784/dani-alves-confirms-he-will-be-

singing-with-juventus-within-days-barcelona-2016-serie-a-transfers

Jun 4, 2016

Thursday we had the confirmation that Dani Alves will be leaving Barcelona this summer. On Friday, the confirmation of where everybody expected Alves to play football next season arrived.

The longtime Barcelona fullback has confirmed in an interview with SportItalia that he will be signing with Juventus "within days." Alves, 33, is expected to sign a two- or three-year contract with Juventus on a free transfer after spending nearly a decade with the Spanish giants, winning just about every imaginable trophy possible during his time with the club.

"I am always happy, but now even more so. The moment had come to change, to give a turning point to my career. I won so much with Barcelona and enjoyed every minute, but the time had come to challenge myself, to enjoy Italy, Juve and try to bring Juventus to victory in Europe.

"I will be in Turin within days to sign. I already saluted the Barcelona fans and it's a see you soon, not a goodbye forever. I am coming to Italy to win and then maybe return, because I remain a Blaugrana fan."

(Source: Football Italia)

There you go, boys and girls. It isn't totally official since any kind of announcement is not on the Juventus website just yet, but it's pretty much official.

Not even a year after signing a Brazilian left back to bomb up and down the left wing in Alex Sandro, Juventus has now brought in one of his elder countryman to do the same type of thing on the right. Alves is by no mean a long-term option considering where he is at in his career. But I don't think anybody can say he doesn't have something to add to this Juventus team. And for a club that again has serious aspirations to do damage in the Champions League next season, adding a player like Alves and his vast European experience for no cost at all is a coup.

The "OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL" post is coming soon. Good thing Dani Alves gave us warning to start putting things together for his arrival...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alves: 'Barca too comfortable'

http://www.football-italia.net/85397/alves-barca-too-comfortable

Jun 5, 2016

Dani Alves reveals he is “about to finalise” the move to Juventus and left Barcelona because “it was too comfortable and I want to make history elsewhere.”

The Brazilian spoke to UOL after the 0-0 draw with Ecuador in the Copa America last night.

“I’m not sure I can say we have finalised the deal, but I am about to finalise it. What is certain is that I will not continue at Barcelona,” said the full-back.

“I think in life we always have to leave the comfort zone. Barcelona is an amazing club, but it was just too comfortable. I am the kind of person who starts getting things wrong if I’m too comfortable.

“What moves me is the challenge, fighting to make history elsewhere. I hope things continue the same way, but at another club now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Dani Alves Doubts over Juventus Move Amid PSG Rumours

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644973-barcelona-transfer-news

-dani-alves-doubts-over-juventus-move-amid-psg-rumours?

Jun 8, 2016

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves could reportedly be tempted by a move to Paris Saint-Germain this summer despite strong links to Juventus.

That’s according to Mundo Deportivo (h/t Football Espana), who have previously reported that Alves had agreed terms with the Serie A giants. Now it’s suggested PSG’s longstanding interest in the player, plus the amount of Brazilians they have in their squad, is planting doubts in the mind of the 33-year-old.

Per the piece, it’s noted that Alves was a target for the French champions last summer before he opted to stay at Barcelona. The Blaugrana have confirmed that the full-back will depart ahead of the next campaign, bringing an end to an eight-year stint at the Camp Nou.

Although Alves is no longer quite as relentless in his forays on the right-hand side as he once was, he’s still an exceptional player. Here is a glimpse at what he can bring to his new employers:

While his aggressive playing style makes the Brazilian an extremely obvious threat, the impact the defender has had on Barcelona’s recent dominance has arguably been understated.

During both the the halcyon days of Pep Guardiola’s tenure and the more recent successes enjoyed by manager Luis Enrique, Alves has been a persistent presence. While the triumvirate of Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi have been hailed, the full-back’s energy, positional discipline and attacking effectiveness allowed them room to play.

Needless to say, Alves enjoyed his wonderful spell at the Camp Nou, although as we can see here courtesy of Bleacher Report UK, he’s recognised now is the right time to move on:

Dani Alves has a message for the Barcelona faithful 

Now comes the battle to bring him in. And despite age slowly starting to catch up with this fine player, it’s no surprise that there are illustrious teams in the hunt.

Choosing between Juventus and PSG would be tough for Alves as well, as they each have pretty similar aims overall. Both have been dominant in their domestic divisions, with the Italians having won five titles in a row and the French outfit with four in succession. What both teams will be looking to do is make a bigger impression in the UEFA Champions League.

It’s a competition that Alves has won on three occasions with Barcelona, and that winning mentality could be crucial to either.

hi-res-3923fb44babf3292c0c04171119aceaf_

Paul Gilham/Getty Images
Alves has won the top honours in the game.

Juventus seemed to move first this summer for the player, and as BT Sport’s James Horncastle noted recently, the Italians have excelled when picking up players for nothing in recent seasons:

Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente, Coman, Evra, Khedira, Alves. No one works the freebie market better than Juventus

Which club would be the best destination for Alves?

SUBMIT VOTE vote to see results

But the chance to play alongside David Luiz, Lucas Moura, Maxwell and Thiago Silva must be appealing for Alves. Additionally, the Parisians will be without talismanic forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic next season, and the supporters will be looking for a big name to drive the team on. It’s a role the veteran might feel capable of fulfilling, even as a full-back.

It’s an important decision for Alves, as this is likely to be his last stint with a major club in Europe. Having established himself as the best full-back in world football during his spell with Barcelona, helping one of PSG or Juventus go all the way in the continent’s premier club competition would be an excellent way to rubber stamp his legacy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dunga: 'Alves right for Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/85738/dunga-alves-right-juventus

Jun 12, 2016

Brazil Coach Carlos Dunga trusts Dani Alves “will do very well at Juventus, as they want to win the Champions League.”

Although Alves is a free agent after terminating his Barcelona contract early thanks to a clause, he has not formally signed for the Bianconeri yet.

“Alves will do very well at Juventus, as he has the right mentality,” declared Dunga during the Copa America.

“Italian football is very tactical with tough teams who defend well and Juve are a great side.

“Alves is accustomed to winning with Barcelona and is moving to another club that is used to success.

“Juve want to create a strong team that can win the Champions League, because they are always the Scudetto favourites.”

Yesterday it was confirmed Juventus have activated the release clause to sign Miralem Pjanic from Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve’s Alves pursuit makes sense

Having declared he will leave Barcelona, Dani Alves is set to join Juventus.

Luca Cetta believes the move would aid their Champions League aspirations.

http://www.football-italia.net/85652/juve’s-alves-pursuit-makes-sense?

Jun 12, 2016

One particular trophy is missing from Gianluigi Buffon’s bulging cabinet. The all-time great has scaled tremendous heights in his career, but has never lifted Ol’ Big Ears. Buffon says winning the Champions League is not an obsession, rather “a beautiful adventure that fills me with enthusiasm every year,” but winning the competition before he retires would offer a perfect ending.

Juventus teammates Stephan Lichtsteiner and Paulo Dybala said recently there is still regret about last term’s elimination at the hands of Bayern Munich. They have declared Europe a target for 2016-17. Massimiliano Allegri won’t rule out his team going all the way. Fresh from winning their fifth consecutive Scudetto, Juve are laying down the platform for next season. Scudetto No 6 is the primary ambition. But they are casting a glancing eye towards the continent.

The expected signing of Dani Alves can push Juve a little closer to that goal. The Brazilian, currently competing at the Copa America Centenario, has declared he will leave Barcelona this summer. His destination is most likely Turin. Nothing has yet been confirmed.

“Alves has decided to leave us,” Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez said last week. “Dani is fantastic but he’s leaving because of his own decision and we have got to respect that.”

A clause in his contract allowed Alves to leave for free before June 5 and so it is believed to be another astute Giuseppe Marotta bargain. Nobody has sniffed them out like the Juve director general in recent years. In the vein of Andrea Pirlo, Paul Pogba and last season Sami Khedira, the Turin giants can strengthen their already-formidable squad at little or no cost.

In doing so, they will be signing one of football’s premier full-backs. In helping Barcelona to victory over Juventus 12 months ago in the Champions League Final, Alves claimed his third continental crown since moving to the club in 2008. That’s only the tip of the iceberg in almost 400 appearances for the Spanish giants.

The 33-year-old made 24 Liga starts last campaign – as many as Patrice Evra for the Bianconeri – but it’s what he can bring in Champions League which excites Juve most of all. He has done it all in the competition and will bring to Vinovo that winning nous. In a competition which is decided by small details, that’s important. So too is his output. In 80 Champions League matches for Barcelona, Alves has 20 assists to his name.

The Brazilian cannot be pigeonholed into a position. But he is a perfect fit for a Juventus side which alternates between a 3-5-2 system and a four-man defence. Alves can motor up and down the right flank. He did it for years at Camp Nou.

With Juan Cuadrado’s loan deal up and Antonio Conte – a known admirer – taking over at Chelsea, the Colombian’s return to Stamford Bridge appears imminent. It’s a position Juventus must fill. Lichtsteiner needs a partner. Alves is the more attack-minded of the pair and this creates options for Allegri. It mirrors the opposite side with Evra – who has signed on for an extra season with the option to continue until 2018 – and Alex Sandro.

For his part, Alves says he is after a new challenge. “Barca is an incredible club, but there I was in too comfortable a position,” Alves said earlier this week. “I’m a person that when they feel comfortable, it means that something is going wrong.”

Helping Juventus progress in Europe can be that next challenge. Juventus are doing their utmost to ensure Allegri has a squad worthy of competing with Europe’s heaviest hitters. It’s going to be a busy summer for the Bianconeri, who are looking for important players to compliment their squad, rather than last year’s rebuilding effort. Signing Alves is a short-term move which makes sense given their goals.

Barcelona have poured cold water over speculation Javier Mascherano could also move to Turin. And while Juve may be priced out of Valencia’s Andre Gomes, news on Wednesday broke that Miralem Pjanic is set to move north. The Roma midfielder would help cover the initial loss of Claudio Marchisio and bolster a fearsome midfield with the creative talent Allegri has craved. Alvaro Morata’s future is still to be decided, while Domenico Berardi is heavily linked with the champions.

Alves’ signing could be one of an ambitious transfer period for the Bianconeri, which can help spark Juve dreams next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves Juve medical on Monday

http://www.football-italia.net/86045/alves-juve-medical-monday

Jun 18, 2016

Dani Alves is expected to be in Turin for his Juventus medical on Monday after Brazil’s early Copa America exit.

The former Barcelona full-back activated the release clause allowing him to leave Camp Nou for free a year early.

His intention was to sign the two-year Juve contract after the Copa America.

However, Brazil were sensationally knocked out in the group phase.

After a brief vacation, Catalan newspaper Sport claims Alves is already back in Barcelona today to complete paperwork and say goodbye.

He is expected to undergo a medical with Juventus in Turin on Monday.

He’ll then sign the contract and be presented to the media.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves to Juventus next week

http://www.football-italia.net/86128/alves-juventus-next-week

Jun 20, 2016

Juventus will have to wait until next week to confirm the signing of Dani Alves, according to reports.

The Brazilian full-back has exercised his option to leave Barcelona on a free transfer, and it appears to be all-but certain that he’ll move to the Bianconeri.

The deal could not be officially completed while Alves was playing for Brazil in the Copa America, but the Seleção were eliminated in the group stage.

However, Mundo Deportivo is reporting that Alves has asked for time off with his family, which Juventus have granted, so he won’t officially sign until next week.

The 33-year-old will become the Old Lady’s second signing of the summer, with Miralem Pjanic already having joined from Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Barcelona Transfer News: Dani Alves

Juventus Medical Set, Latest Rumours

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647543-barcelona-transfer

-news-dani-alves-juventus-medical-set-latest-rumours?

Jun 21, 2016

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves is set to undergo a medical with Juventus on Monday, June 27, before completing his move to the Italian giants on a free transfer. 

As shared by Bleacher Report UK's Adam Digby, Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta confirmed the news on Tuesday:

"Real Madrid have exercised their clause for Alvaro Morata" says@juventusfcen dG Beppe Marotta, but is "waiting for the official offer"

.@juventusfcen also confirm that Dani Alves will undergo his medical with the club on June 27 ⚪️⚫️

Alves has been with Barcelona since 2008 and is one of the most decorated players in the club's history. During his time with the Blaugrana, he won six La Liga titles and three UEFA Champions League trophies.

The 33-year-old has been linked with a move to the Bianconeri for weeks, and he wrote on social media (h/t Sport) earlier this month his departure from the Camp Nou was inevitable.

Few new reports have emerged since, as the Brazilian went on holiday and made the Bianconeri wait. He appeared to enjoy himself, posting this rather bizarre video on Instagram:

His vacation has come to an end, however, and his move to Turin appears imminent. He'll immediately provide competition for Stephan Lichtsteiner at the right wing-back position, and his skill set should be a perfect match for Juventus' 3-5-2 formation.

Alves has arguably been the world's best full-back over the last decade, combining blazing speed and strong technical abilities with a healthy work ethic and good attacking instincts. While he's never been known for his defensive prowess, he more than holds his own on that side of the pitch.

But it's in the attacking third where Alves really shines. He's one of the best dribblers in the world at the position and routinely finds team-mates with good crosses or passes. He's also not afraid to cut inside and take his own chances, as you can see in these highlights:

Despite his age, Alves was still an automatic starter for Barcelona last year, and by far their best option at the position. While the club added Aleix Vidal last season, losing Alves will hurt, particularly given the lack of young defenders with upside currently in the squad.

For Juventus, he's but the latest in a long line of smart free-agent signings. Sami Khedira moved to Turin from Real Madrid on such a deal last year and immediately showed his value, and the Old Lady will hope Alves has a similar impact.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves set for Juve medical

http://www.football-italia.net/86416/dani-alves-set-juve-medical

Jun 26, 2016

Dani Alves is set to undergo his medical with Juventus in Turin on Monday.

Sky Sport Italia report the Brazilian full-back will be in Italy tomorrow morning for tests with the club staff.

He arrives as a free agent, having activated a clause in his Barcelona contract releasing him a year early.

Turning 33 last month, he had been with Barcelona since 2008.

Alves is not the only new buy for Juve this summer, as Miralem Pjanic arrived from Roma for €32m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves jets into Turin for Juventus medical

The Serie A champions are poised to sign the right-back

from Barcelona with a medical set for Monday.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/06/26/25079772/-?

Jun 26, 2016

Dani Alves has landed in Turin ahead of his long-anticipated move from Barcelona to Juventus, with a medical set for Monday.

The Brazil defender has been at Barca since 2008, winning six Liga titles and four Copa del Reys and lifting the UEFA Champions League trophy on three occasions in his time at Camp Nou.

However, Alves had a break clause inserted into his contract, which is due to expire at the end of next season, enabling him to move to Serie A champions Juve on a free transfer.

Juve posted on their Twitter account on Sunday: "Look who's just landed in Turin! Welcome, @DaniAlvesD2!"

They later confirmed on their website that the full-back's medical is now the only barrier to his signature.

Alves made 391 appearances for Barca, scoring 21 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves set for Juve medical

http://www.football-italia.net/86416/dani-alves-set-juve-medical

Jun 26, 2016

Dani Alves has arrived in Turin and will undergo his Juventus medical on Monday.

The Brazilian full-back arrived this evening and was greeted by cameras at the airport, declaring: "Forza Juve."

He arrives as a free agent, having activated a clause in his Barcelona contract releasing him a year early.

Turning 33 last month, he had been with Barcelona since 2008.

Alves is not the only new buy for Juve this summer, as Miralem Pjanic arrived from Roma for €32m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Barcelona fullback Dani Alves to undergo

his Juventus medical on Monday in Turin

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/27/12036442/dani-alves-

juventus-barcelona-2016-serie-a-la-liga-transfers-medical-exams

Jun 26, 2016

It's been a little while since we've heard about Juve's move for Barcelona fullback Dani Alves. Not that it suddenly wasn't going to happen, but with Alves competing at Copa América and seemingly everything wrapped up and done with, the only thing left remaining was for the Brazilian to undergo his medicals and that would be that.

Those medical examinations are almost upon.

In a brief statement on its official website, Juventus announced Sunday night that Alves has touched down on Italian soil in Turin and will undergo his medical ahead of his contract signing on Monday. It's the word that many have been expecting to hear, but were just unsure of when it would actually take place. Well, it has, and Alves will soon be the second Juventus signing of the summer. That statement on the Juventus website reads in full as follows:

Dani Alves has touched down in Turin ahead of his Juventus medical.

The Brazilian full-back arrived at the city's Caselle Airport shortly after 20.30 CEST on Sunday night. Tomorrow he will become the second player after Miralem Pjanic to run through routine check-ups at J|Medical, the club's state-of-the-art facility that first opened its doors back in March.

And just for fun, here's photographic evidence of Alves arriving in Turin Sunday night.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Sunday evening saw this man touch down in Turin. Pleased to be with us, @DaniAlvesD2? 

A couple of summers ago we lauded Beppe Marotta and his team of front office masterminds for their work to get a got chunk of the team's summer business done well before the summer transfer window actually opened. This is pretty much the same kind of situation. Juventus have signed a standout midfielder in Miralem Pjanic, a fullback/wingback with massive experience in Alves. That's the start of a pretty good incoming group of players, if you ask me.

We'll see what the final financials of the deal end up being when it is officially announced, which is also expected to happen at some point Monday. But the main thing is that Juve have snatched up another big-time player as the club looks to put forth a massive effort to try and win the Champions League next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves has Juve medical

http://www.football-italia.net/86439/alves-has-juve-medical

Jun 27, 2016

Dani Alves is currently having his medical exams with Juventus ahead of signing an official contract.

The eight-year-veteran of Barcelona activated a clause in his contract that allowed him to terminate his employment one year early and join the Bianconeri on a free transfer.

The player has now left his hotel and is due for the Jmedical centre, where he will sustain his preliminary exams.

Once those are done, he will sign his contract and officially become a Juventus player.

Upon emerging from the hotel, he was met by about 30 Juventus supporters, who cheered him, asked for autographs and asked him to 'win the Champions League'.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Barcelona star Daniel Alves completes

free transfer to Juventus

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2903092/barcelona-star-daniel-alves-completes-free-transfer-to-juventus

Jun 28, 2016

Barcelona defender Dani Alves has signed for Serie A champions Juventus on a two-year contract, with the option for a third year.

Alves, 33, still had one year left on his Barca contract but the club agreed to grant him a free transfer to join Juve and he flew into Turin on Sunday evening for a medical and to complete the formalities of the deal.

Alves confirmed at the start of the month that he would join Juventus after eight trophy-filled seasons at Barcelona.

Alves won six La Liga titles, three Champions Leagues and a total of 23 honours.

In a statement confirming the news on their official website Juventus described the player as "among the greatest wing-backs of his generation" and "a natural-born winner."

Alves made 239 appearances in La Liga for Barcelona, the second-highest for a foreign player, including 29 during the 2015-16 campaign.

Juventus have already completed the signing of midfielders Miralem Pjanic from Roma and Mario Lemina from Marseille this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves to Juventus: Latest Transfer

Details, Reaction and More

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2642425-dani-alves-to-juventus-latest-transfer-details-reaction-and-more?

Jun 27, 2016

Dani Alves has completed his transfer from Barcelona toJuventus, it was confirmed on Monday, June 27.

Juventus revealed the switch had been finalised, per the club's official website, with the Brazil international full-back penning a two-year contract with an option for a third year with the Serie A side.  

The move brings to an end an incredible eight-year spell with Barcelona for Alves, having joined the club from Sevilla in 2008.

Here is a look at the astonishing amount of titles the 33-year-old lifted during his time at the Camp Nou:

Dani Alves: Barcelona Honours
Competition Wins Seasons
Champions League 3 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
La Liga 6 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015-16
Copa del Rey 4 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16
European Super Cup 3 2009, 2011, 2015
Spanish Super Cup 4 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
World Club Cup 3 2009, 2011, 2015

FCBarcelona.com

The defender may be a little past his best now, but when he was at full tilt in the iconic Blaugrana jersey, there were few more devastating forces in the world game.

Deployed at right-back by former manager Pep Guardiola, Alves’ blistering surges on the flank gave Barcelona a dangerous attacking outlet. His energy and intelligence in those forays also stretched the pitch laterally, allowing space for cerebral talents like Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta and Xavi to work their magic.

Alves also enjoyed an incredible relationship with Lionel Messi, who benefited so much from having the Brazilian tearing down the right-hand side so willingly, drawing opponents and affording him time on the ball.

The full-back always seemed capable of finding his team-mate in dangerous areas, as these figures from OptaJose illustrate emphatically:

42 - Dani Alves has provided Lionel Messi with more goals than any other teammate (all comps). Brilliant.

There was some speculation about Alves leaving Barcelona last summer for Manchester United or Liverpool before he signed a new two-year deal at the club, per BBC Sport. But now the player clearly feels the time is right to embark on a new challenge, and Juventus will certainly feed that competitive edge.

Here is a look at what Alves will bring to the right flank in Turin:

While they are the dominant force in Italian football—having clinched their fifth title in a row in the 2015-16 season—manager Massimiliano Allegri will want his team to become regular challengers on the European stage. Having won the UEFA Champions League on three occasions, Alves knows what’s required to get over the line in that particular competition.

Aside from being a thoroughbred winner, the veteran always seems to have been a popular character with team-mates. It’s an energy that will prevent the Juventus dressing room from getting stale, something which can hamper sides that have enjoyed a run of success as they have.

Indeed, Bleacher Report’s Gianni Verschueren thinks Alves will be a difficult man to replace for Barcelona:

I thought Alves was done two years ago, but he was fantastic this season. Big loss for Barcelona if he does walk (for free, mind you)

Of that there’s little doubt. Not only is he still a hugely effective full-back, Alves has also been a mainstay of the side during arguably the finest era in the club’s history.

He’s a presence that’ll be missed both behind the scenes and on the pitch; finding a full-back who can have an impact close to what Alves did last term will be a huge challenge.

That’s because he’s a unique footballer who blends so many tremendous attributes, even in the twilight of his playing days. Juventus will now be the beneficiaries of those talents and will provide a platform for one of the modern game’s great names to add another stellar chapter to what has been a magnificent career so far.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Official: Juventus sign Alves

http://www.football-italia.net/86452/official-juventus-sign-alves?

Jun 27, 2016

Dani Alves has completed his medical tests and signed a two-year contract, officially becoming a Juventus player.

The Brazilian right-back is joining the Italian champions after eight years with Barcelona, where he won La Liga six times and the Champions League thrice.

Joining Stephan Lichtsteiner on the right flank, he provides the Old Lady with considerable quality and depth in that position.

Alves completed his visits at the J-Medical centre this morning, and went on to sign his new contract shortly thereafter, as confirmed by the club in an official statement.

The contract runs to June 30 2018, with an option to extend for a further year.

It's thought the full-back will earn around €3.5m per season, with performance-related bonuses on top.

Alves becomes the Bianconeri’s second official signing of the summer, following the capture of Miralem Pjanic from Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign

Dani Alves on a free transfer

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/27/11854852/dani-alves

-juventus-barcelona-2016-serie-a-summer-transfers

Jun 27, 2016

For the second consecutive summer, Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici have added some samba to the fullback position at Juventus. And if it goes anything close to as well as the acquisition from the summer of 2015, then things will be perfectly a-okay.

The swift and quick move that has been drawn out a little longer than some expected it to be for Barcelona fullback Dani Alves is now, officially, a done deal, Juventus announced via its multitude of social media platforms on Monday. Alves is done with his medical exams at the spiffy new joint known as JMedical and has put pen to paper on a two-year contract that will keep him in Turin through the 2017-18 season with an option for a third year.

Here is part of the official announcement from Juventus' official website:

Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Dani Alves has agreed terms on a two-year contract with the club until 30 June 2018 with an option for an additional year.

The unrelenting success and remarkable consistency of the second most decorated player in UEFA competition history has seen the Brazilian deservedly be considered among the greatest wing-backs of his generation.

Having played a key role in one of the most trophy-laden spells of any club over the course of the game's existence, including a history-making pair of domestic and European trebles at Barcelona, Alves' transfer to Juventus marks the arrival of a natural-born winner and a true master of his trade.

At 33 years old, Alves doesn't have a ton of mileage left in the tank, but what he will add to the Juventus roster in undeniable. Alves has been one of the best right backs in the world for years, and adds his talents to a fullback position that is already stacked with talent and experience. How Alves fits into the puzzle remains to be seen considering the other fullback that plays on the right happens to be another one of the world's best, Stephan Lichtsteiner, but that's why Max Allegri gets paid the big bucks.

Regardless of all that stuff — which we can discuss at a later time — Alves and all of his Champions League experience is going to be wearing a Juventus jersey for the next couple of years. We've expected it to happen for weeks now, but it's always nice to see an official announcement. Not a bad way to start the work week if you ask me.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves: 'Entering Juve history'

http://www.football-italia.net/86488/alves-entering-juve-history

Jun 28, 2016

Dani Alves wants to 'be part of the great history of Juventus' and contribute to their 'collective dream, the Champions League'.

The Brazilian was signed officially yesterday, joining from Barcelona on a free transfer, and he presented himself to the Press today.

“It's a real honour to be here and to join this team,” said Alves. “I chose Juve because I love to dream, and I love to dream with great teams and great players.

“I think Juve have a great dream, which I want to share and help accomplish. I know Juve haven't won a Champions League in a long time and that they want to win it again as soon as possible.

“They've been the leaders in Italy for very long and they want to triumph in Europe too. They have some very important players and a great history. I like teams like that and I want to be part of that history.

“I think this will be a really interesting experience, what with living in a different country and discovering a new type of football that I don't know. That's why I chose this adventure.

“I want to share my dream with all of you and I want to reach the common objective.”

The Brazilian was then asked what shirt number he had chosen for himself.

“I chose #23, after LeBron James, who is a player who doesn't rest on his laurels but always reinvents himself, always finds new records to be beaten.

“It's a number that makes me feel the same thing, as I come to a new country and a new team and have to reinvent myself.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves: 'I'm no football star'

http://www.football-italia.net/86489/alves-im-no-football-star

Jun 28, 2016

Dani Alves is 'not sure what Juventus are missing to win the Champions League', but appreciates 'they chose me because I'm worth it'.

The Barcelona full-back was picked up by the Bianconeri primarily to help them in their ambition to win the Champions League.

Alves, himself a three-time champion in the elite European tournament, was asked what the giants from Turin were missing to actually lift the cup.

“To be perfectly honest I can't answer that, as I wasn't here [in their previous tournaments] and I'll only be able to develop an opinion later on,” he told the Press. “Let's find out with my teammates what's missing on a European level.

“It's most certainly an important competition. It's not enough to have good players, you need the right appraoch. There's certainly been something missing, but we'll try finding out what that is so that we can show our worth.

“Juve are a team that want to reinvent themselves, which is the same thing I want for myself. Normally Italian football is represented internationally only by the Old Lady, so this is a unique opportunity for me to be part of this type of football.

“This is what I'm aiming for, to find new challenges rather than to rest on my laurels, and I'd like to thank Juve for giving me this opportunity.

“I'm sure we'll have great fun, because as far as I know everyone here is a great professional. I'd like you to know that I don't think of myself as a football star, I am a worker, who trains hard and gives his best.”

Dani Alves already had the chance to meet his future Coach, Max Allegri.

“I had a chat with him but we haven't really explored what he expects of me. When a team signs you that's because of your individual qualities and one of the most remarkable things about Juventus is how closely they study the players they mean to sign.

“They don't just look for the qualities alone but also for the way they'll fit into the team. They study their players very closely and I appreciate that.

“There were many teams that were interested but this is what convinced me. If they chose me, it means they believe I'm worth it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves on signing with Juventus: 'They have a great

dream and I want to make it a reality'

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/28/12049436/dani-alves

-juventus-introductory-press-conference-2016-serie-a-transfers

Jun 28, 2016

Monday was for Dani Alves to finalize a move to Juventus that everybody knew he was going to make. Come 24 hours later on Tuesday, it was Alves' time to meet the Italian press for the first time as a Juventus player rather than as one who was just rolling through the country as a visitor in the Champions League.

It was impossible for Alves to not be asked about his experience in Europe's premier club competition simply because of what he achieved during his near-decade with Barcelona. You have that kind of success, and yeah, people are going to want to ask you about it when they have the chance. Throw in the fact that Juventus manager Max Allegri and some of his current players like Paulo Dybala have spoken about their desire to do big things in the Champions League come the 2016-17 season, it's no wonder that they have acquired a player of Alves' ilk when it comes to the big European stage.

.@DaniAlvesD2: "The club's dream is to win the@ChampionsLeague and I hope to help them achieve this."#BemVindoDani

Sure, say what you want about guys always talking positive at their introductory press conferences, but Alves has the clout to back his talk of lofty goals and big-time ambitions. That's something that the Juventus press office didn't forget to mention in their post announcing Alves' signing.

Three UCL crowns, two UEFA Cups, five Copa del Rey trophies, five Spanish Super Cups, four UEFA Super Cups, three FIFA Club World Cups, six La Liga titles: such has been the course of Alves' career so far, who would bet against adding to that astonishing tally in the coming two years?

Well, as an answer to that question, I sure hope so — and I think you guys do, too.

After such a long time with Barcelona, there's understandably going to be an adjustment period. That's not just in terms of the style of play in Italy, but also what his manager, Allegri, wants him to do within the squad. But seeing as how Alves talked about what his desires are both personally and how he wants to try and achieve his goals, this isn't a move where the 33-year-old Brazilian is simply looking to cash in with a new team in a new league and then call it a day. Maybe we can look at it a lot like Juve's move for Patrice Evra a couple of summers ago — a veteran with a massive amount of Champions League experience is added to a roster that has goals beyond just winning another Scudetto.

Seeing as our only exposure to Alves has been on the field with Barcelona, it was an interesting 25-minute press conference for the simple fact that we got to hear the guy talk. It wasn't all Champions League talk — although that did dominate the discuss — when he was in front of the microphone on Tuesday. He did get asked about his taste in music, which was pretty funny to see him react to. (He got to talk about his dance moves, too, which we'll likely see whenever he does score his first goal with Juventus.)

And, of course, just like every introductory press conference last summer that we had the pleasure of watching from near or far, there's the discussion of what squad number he will wear. It's one we've seen on a South American standout somewhat recently, too.

Alves 23

Alves didn't lack for reasoning behind picking the number we will see him wear when he makes his Juventus debut two months from now in August.

My inner Golden State Warriors fandom grumbles at this bit of information, Dani. (But if you do well, I think I'll be able to forgive you eventually.)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130740 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves: 'Here to help Dybala, Pogba'

http://www.football-italia.net/86490/alves-here-help-dybala-pogba

Jun 28, 2016

New signing Dani Alves pays his respects to his new Juventus teammates Paul Pogba and Paulo Dybala: 'I'm here to help them'.

The Brazilian will be joining a number of stars in Turin, including the €100m-worth Frenchman, assuming the Old Lady are able to keep him throughout the summer.

“I think he's an important element of the team and a really great player,” Alves said of Pogba. “I expect to play alongside him, which is going to be a great honour.

“There are other incredible players in this team as well, who also have a lot to say for themselves. I'm truly delighted to share this experience with them.

“A team is formed up of individuals, and it's when they come together that you can achieve results. We are all going to be important, and sharing this year with them is going to be a privilege.

“We must approach things with a sense of fun alongside that of responsibility and level-headedness. After all, that's what we're here for, and you need that in order to reach your objectives.

“Dybala? I'm certainly here to lend him and everybody else a hand. If I can get him and everyone to score many goals, that'll be my pleasure. I'll do everything I can to make that happen.

“Strikers are happy only when they manage to score, while I'm happier when I can bring others to do that. So it's going to be a perfect pairing!

“We know the Champions League is a tough objective and so is the tournament. We'll have to work hard, and we most certainly will.

“We'll make sure this team can make history again, as it's been too long. I'll do my best, I've come here to do what I can according to my qualities and my characteristics. I want to make the fans happy and give them the great joy of the Champions League.”

Dani Alves needs to win four titles in order to match Ryan Giggs' record with Manchester United, who currently holds the greatest number of trophies.

“I honestly don't think about these things. I'm here to live day by day and I don't want the obsession of such a heavy historical record. It's not important to try and break these figures.

“Javier Mascherano? I have a great relationship with him and playing with him again would be an honour, but it's not down to me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti