Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Dani Alves

130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Alves aiming to bring Champions League glory to Juventus

The Brazilian is eying getting his hands on Europe's elite club competition with the

Bianconeri and says he is also looking forward to playing alongside Paul Pogba.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2016/06/28/25134142/-?

Jun 28, 2016

Dani Alves is aiming to bring Champions League glory to Juventus after completing his switch from Barcelona.

Alves' free transfer from Camp Nou to Turin on a two-year deal was completed on Monday, with the Brazilian opting against renewing his Barca contract.

The right-back was part of the Barca side that denied Juve a treble by beating them in the 2015 Champions League final in Berlin.

But now Alves is hoping to help bring the European trophy back to Turin for the first time since 1995-96.

"It's a great honour to be her. Juve have a great dream and I want to make it a reality," said the Brazilian when presented to the media.

"The club's dream is to win the Champions League and I hope to help them achieve this.

"I can't say exactly what Juve require to win the Champions League. That's something I'll begin to work out from now onwards.

"We need to believe we can win the Champions League if we are to do it. We will give it our best shot.

"Juve is a club full of interesting challenges and goals. There's a unique opportunity to go down in history here."

The 33-year-old says he is also excited to be undertaking a new challenge and playing alongside the likes of Paul Pogba.

"The club's history fascinates me. I also wanted a new experience, in a new country," continued Alves.

"I'm not someone who looks for an easy ride. I'm not a star, I'm a real worker.

"I haven't had the chance to speak a great deal with the coach, but I can imagine what he'll be asking of me.

"Pogba is a great player. I am excited by the chance to play with players of his quality."

Alves confirmed he will wear the number 23 at Juventus, a nod to the Cleveland Cavaliers' recent NBA Finals win.

"I will wear the number 23 in honour of LeBron James," he added.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Report: Ex-Barcelona defender Dani Alves owes €1.3m in back taxes

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/spanish-primera-division/story/2904956/former-

barcelona-defender-dani-alves-owes-over-a-million-euros-in-back-taxes-report

Jun 30, 2016

Juventus defender Dani Alves is alleged to owe €1.3 million to Spain's tax authorities according to a new list of tax evaders released Thursday by Hacienda, Spanish news agency Efe reports.

Alves' taxes were due Dec. 31, 2015, according to the tax agency. The former Barcelona right-back was included on a list of 4,768 people or groups who owe a total of €15.7 billion in tax money.

MotoGP rider Dani Pedrosa is also on the list, as are former Barcelona and Zaragoza player Gabi Milito and former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz. According to the report, Pedrosa owes €7.85m, Milito owes €1.83m and Sanz €1.36m.

Primera Division club Elche were also included on the list for the first time (€9.46m). Recreativo de Huelva (€13.5m), Real Murcia (€10.56m) and Racing de Santander (€9.76m) were repeated as owing back taxes from the previous year.

Alves, 33, recently completed a free transfer to Juventus, signing for the Serie A champions on a two-year contract, with the option for a third year.

He had one year remaining on his Barca contract, but the club agreed to grant him a free transfer to join Juve after eight trophy-filled Blaugrana seasons.

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu, speaking Thursday about the club's annual report, said he expected to see a Barcelona player show up on Hacienda's list of tax delinquents, especially after the club's tax cases involving Neymar, Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano.

Earlier this month, Barca reached an agreement with Hacienda to be exonerated of any wrongdoing in the Neymar transfer deal by paying a €5.5 million fine.

"I am not surprised that Dani Alves is on the list of delinquent taxpayers because Barcelona are always being targeted," Bartomeu told reporters. "I am sure there are others who owe money to the agency, but it is always Barcelona who appear on this list."

Alves won six La Liga titles, three Champions Leagues and a total of 23 honours. The Brazilian made 239 appearances in La Liga for Barcelona, the second-highest for a foreign player, including 29 during the 2015-16 campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Dani Alves Donates Treatment to 300 People Who Have Hepatitis C in Bolivia

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2655146-dani-alves-donates-

treatment-to-300-people-who-have-hepatitis-c-in-bolivia?

Aug 1, 2016

Juventus full-back Dani Alves has donated 300 Hepatitis C treatments to aid those in Bolivia affected by the deadly disease.

Per AS, the former Barcelona man made the donation as part of the Tour n' Cure initiative, which "provides hepatitis C patients from all over the world with an effective and affordable treatment package."

He said that he aimed to help those of Bolivia's 600 sufferers who cannot afford the treatment, per AS: "If I manage to save a life I'll be happier than I am right now."

The treatments that Alves, 33, has donated are Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir, and they will be distributed across Bolivia as part of "a national program of prevention and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases," per AS.

In the UK, Sofosbuvir—branded Sovaldi—costs £35,000 for a 12-week course, per the Mail on Sunday's Sophie Goodchild.

hi-res-82884c0fb08cb39ca7e3f75ef785e614_

Michael Probst/Associated Press

Back in May, Alves signed an agreement to fund 1,000 Hepatitis C treatments across Bolivia, Spain and his home country of Brazil, citing the need to support those who lack the finances as his key motivation, per Marca's Ramiro Aldunate: "I want to help people who cannot afford things with creative projects. Treatment for this disease is expensive and hard to get for people who don't have much money."

Since then he has ended his eight-year career with Barcelona and joined Serie A champions Juve on a two-year deal. 

Alves will begin the 2016-17 season with his new team on August 20 when Juve host Fiorentina in Serie A. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Joining Juventus not a step back from Barcelona, insists Dani Alves

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2925518/juventus-not-a-step-back-from-barcelona-dani-alves

Aug 8, 2016

Daniel Alves has insisted Juventus are "of the same level" as Barcelona after making the move from Barca to the five-time defending Serie A champions this summer.

Alves spent an ultra-successful eight seasons at the Camp Nou, winning all there is to win at the league, cup, continental and international levels after moving from Sevilla in the summer of 2008.

The 33-year-old Brazil international swapped his Blaugrana shirt for Bianconeristripes during the current transfer window, and hailed the quality of his new side in the wake of their 3-2 friendly defeat of West Ham United over the weekend.

"I have left a great team to go to a team of the same level," Alves told Tuttosport on Monday. 

La prima pagina di oggi: - Dani Alves: «La mia #Juve stile Barça» http://fal.cn/EVBZ 

"Juventus is at the height of Barcelona for the players, for its successful history and for the fans. I do not think I have taken a step back because otherwise I would not choose this team.

"The level of players that I have found here is very high, it is not only the new signings who allow us to aspire to the Champions League, but also the group that was already here last season.

"There are true champions here -- they know what it means to win and they know how to play to win."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alisson, Alves in Brazil squad

http://www.football-italia.net/90200/alisson-alves-brazil-squad

Aug 22, 2016

Roma goalkeeper Alisson, Dani Alves of Juventus and Inter’s Joao Miranda have been named in Tite’s first Brazil squad.

The Selecao have two World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Colombia, and today the squad was named for those matches.

Inter’s Miranda has been included among the defenders, as has Dani Alves after his move from Barcelona to Juventus.

In addition, Giallorossi goalkeeper Alisson has been included and will fight for the number 1 spot with Marcelo Grohe and Weverton.

Brazil squad for Ecuador and Colombia:

Goalkeepers: Alisson [Roma], Marcelo Grohe [Gremio], Weverton [Atletico Paranaense]

Defenders: Gil [Shandong Luneng], Marquinhos [PSG], Miranda [Inter], Rodrigo Caio [Sao Paulo], Dani Alves [Juventus], Fagner [Corinthians], Filipe Luis [Atletico Madrid], Marcelo [Real Madrid]

Midfielders: Casemiro [Real Madrid], Giuliano [Zenit], Lucas Lima [Santos], Paulinho [Guangzhou Evergrande], Philippe Coutinho [Liverpool], Rafael Carioca [Atletico Mineiro], Renato Augusto [Beijing Guoan], Willian [Chelsea]

Forwards: Gabriel Barbosa [Santos], Gabriel Jesus [Palmeiras], Neymar [Barcelona], Taison [Shakhtar Donetsk]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alves ‘at Juve to win CL’

http://www.football-italia.net/92268/alves-‘-juve-win-cl’?

Sep 30, 2016

Dani Alves insists he joined Juventus “to win the Champions League” but believes the Bianconeri have what it takes to succeed on that front.

The right-back has extensive experience of lifting the European cup with Barcelona after doing so on no less than three occasions, and he is determined to mark his move to Juve with a fourth triumph.

“We can win the Champions League,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I came to Juventus to help the team achieve this objecitve, but we have to improve in some respects because the Champions League is a competition that covers every single aspect and detail. We know what we have to do on the pitch.

“If Juve were a movie? Surely they’d be in the adventure genre because they have the desire to improve and this Juve want to do it day by day.

“Higuain is someone who can make the difference for Juventus, his numbers say this, but we must not give too much responsibility to a single player.

“There are so many good players in this team and thus we can’t focus on just him, even if he’s a player who can allow us to leap forward.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dani Alves: Juventus expect to win Champions League

The Brazilian defender believes that the Turin side are good enough to demand success

in every competition that they play in and says the pressure is a "motivation" to him.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2016/09/30/28049762/-?

Sep 30, 2016

Dani Alves has set his sights on Champions League glory with Juventus and believes the Serie A champions have what it takes to go all the way in Europe.

Massimiliano Allegri's men beat Dinamo Zagreb 4-0 on Tuesday to make it four points from two games in Group H after their scoreless draw with Sevilla on matchday one.

A double header against Lyon awaits now and Alves is confident they can see off the French side on their way to the knockout stages.

"Juventus are an excellent side and are capable of taking on anyone in Europe," Alves told Sky Sport.

"With that quality comes the expectation of going all the way in every competition and, step by step, we can do it. Of course it won't be easy, just like becoming domestic champions or winning every match possible, but this is what you expect from a club like Juve.

"We have the requisite focus to sustain our form over the entire campaign.

"A club like this will always be expected to entertain its supporters with league titles and good football and that pressure is an added motivation to succeed. That, after all, is what pushes you to the very top."

Juventus made it to the final of the Champions League in 2014-15, where Barcelona proved to be too strong.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Dani Alves to wear No. 4 shirt to honour Brazil great Carlos Alberto

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/world-cup-qualifying-conmebol/story/2992803/

dani-alves-to-wear-no-4-shirt-to-honour-brazil-great-carlos-alberto-torres

Nov 9, 2016

Brazil defender Dani Alves has sais that he will wear the No. 4 shirt in the game as a tribute to Selecao great Carlos Alberto Torres, who died in October.

Carlos Alberto was the captain of Brazil's World Cup-winning team in 1970 and scorer of one of the sport's most memorable goals.

For many Brazilians, he was just "The Captain'' -- even to his friends and family. He made 53 appearances for Brazil.

"I was lucky to meet Carlos Alberto and say everything I thought about him, what he has done here at Selecao... And I go beyond: if you love or admire a person, you have to say that in life, don't wait until he dies to express that on social media, that's a cold way, something that you'll not convince the people with," Alves told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday. 

Brazil meet Argentina for a key CONMEBOL World Cup qualifier on Thursday.

"The confederation made the decision to do this tribute, in respect to the eternal captain, his family. I believe that any tribute is valid, acceptable," he said.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Para homenagear Carlos Alberto Torres, @DaniAlvesD2 entrará em campo com uma faixa especial e usará a camisa 4 >> http://bit.ly/2fYlGx2 

One of the best defenders of his generation, Carlos Alberto was innovative in playing box-to-box football. His style of play allowed him to score his famous goal at the 1970 World Cup, blasting in a pass from Pele in the 4-1 win against Italy in the final.

"Nowadays, people pay a lot of attention on social media, go for 'likes' and stuff like that, but I'm different," the Juventus defender said. "In life, you have to collect the good examples and, when you have the chance, go and say to these people how important they are."

Thursday's game takes place in the Mineirao stadium where Brazil were humiliated two years ago in a 7-1 loss to Germany in the World Cup semifinals.

All 62,000 seats are expected to be taken as the hosts focus on containing Messi, rather than the ghosts of the 2014 World Cup debacle.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: 'I'm like Picasso!'

http://www.football-italia.net/94267/dani-alves-im-picasso?

Nov 12, 2016

Dani Alves celebrated his 100th Brazil cap, said Juventus are making him a better player and compared himself to Pablo Picasso.

The right-back will mark his Centenary in the next World Cup qualifier and was presented with a special ‘100’ jersey.

“As a person, I am like Picasso,” said Alves in his Press conference. “Those who can decipher what I’m about, they like me. Those who can’t understand me, pay millions anyway!

“It is very satisfying to reach this landmark game. I am privileged to be here and knew ever since I left my parents to become a professional at the age of 15 that I would always give my best in every moment, knowing sometimes your best is not enough.”

This is his first season in Serie A, so how is he settling in at Juventus?

“Playing in Italy does improve you, as it forces you to read the game better and increase your understanding of the sport. I have absorbed a great deal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves in FIFPro XI

http://www.football-italia.net/96640/dani-alves-fifpro-xi

Jan 9, 2017

Juventus full-back Dani Alves has been included in the FIFPro World XI for 2016.

The Brazilian spent the first half of the year at Barcelona, before moving to Turin on a free transfer in the summer.

Now the 33-year-old has been included in the best XI of the year in FIFPros award, which is voted for by fellow players.

The Bianconeri defender is Serie A’s only representative, with Bayern Munich’s Manuel Neuer the only player not to have represented Real Madrid or Barcelona in 2016.

FIFPro World XI: Neuer [Bayern Munich]; Dani Alves [Barcelona/Juventus], Gerard Pique [Barcelona], Sergio Ramos [Real Madrid], Marcelo [Real Madrid]; Luka Modric [Real Madrid], Toni Kroos [Real Madrid], Andres Iniesta [Barcelona]; Lionel Messi [Barcelona], Luis Suarez [Barcelona], Cristiano Ronaldo [Real Madrid]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alves subject to China interest

http://www.football-italia.net/97304/alves-subject-china-interest

Jan 23, 2017

Dani Alves is the latest player to be linked with a move to China, and is said to be wanted by three separate clubs.

According to France Football magazine, the Brazilian is being courted by Hebei Fortune, Shanghai SIPG and Fabio Cannavaro’s Tianjin Quanjian.

The 33-year-old has just returned to the Juventus bench after fracturing his fibula back in November, and is under contract until 2018.

With a reported salary offer of €10m per season set to arrive from Shanghai SIPG - who employ Andre Villas-Boas as Coach - Alves becomes the latest player with a decision to make should Juve decide to sell.

Just last week, Fiorentina striker Nikola Kalinic refused a bumper salary offer from Tianjin Quanjian in order to remain with the Viola.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Report: Dani Alves offered £160,000-

per-week deal to join Shanghai SIPG

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/juventus/transfer-talk/

news/alves-offered-chance-to-join-shanghai-sipg_290205.html

Jan 24, 2017

Juventus defender Dani Alves has been offered a contract of £160,000 per week to join Chinese League outfit Shanghai SIPG, it has been reported.

The 33-year-old Brazilian moved to the Serie A champions on a free transfer last summer to end a trophy-laden eight-year association with Barcelona.

According to Sky Sports News, however, Alves has been offered the chance to link up with compatriots Hulk and Oscar at the Chinese club just months after joining Juve.

The Chinese Super League has made headlines in recent months for signing internationally renowned players, many of whom are at their peak, on reportedly high wages.

On January 19, China's Football Association announced that top-flight clubs would only be allowed to have three foreign players on the pitch at any one time when the new season starts in March.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus ace Dani Alves brightens
up Instagram with more singing

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3052690/juventus

-defender-dani-alves-brightens-up-instagram-with-more-singing

Feb 3, 2017

Much like Patrice Evra, veteran full-back Dani Alves has taken it upon himself to use his various social media channels to help spread a little positivity around.

Indeed, the Juventus defender (there must be something in the water at the Bianconeri) took to Instagram to ply his followers with "good vibes" by singing them all a little song.

"Good morning my people. Music is a source of energy and inspiration, healing wounds and bringing you good vibrations," Alves enthused.

After sitting through that video, who could possibly argue?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus’ tricky right back question:
Dani Alves or Stephan Lichtsteiner?

Who should Max Allegri choose to start on the right

flank as the season enters its most crucial stage?

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/2/14/14600370/juventus-dani

-alves-stephan-lichtsteiner-right-back-debate-serie-a-champions-league

Feb 14, 2017

There was some controversy when Juventus signed right back Dani Alves from Barcelona on a free transfer this past summer. The Brazilian was seen by many as an offensive upgrade on the right flank, a piece that could help Juve reach their goal of conquering the UEFA Champions League. Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta looked to have kept up his streak of finding gold on the Bosman market.

But there was one small problem: Incumbent starter Stephan Lichtsteiner was still around. The situation at a position that for half a decade had been a rock suddenly became embroiled in controversy.

Lichtsteiner seemed to be on the losing end of the position battle until Juve’s 3-1 loss at Genoa on Nov. 27. Alves started that game as part of the back three, but was forced from the field 12 minutes from time after he broke his left leg. Suddenly, the only right back on the roster, Lichtsteiner, once again took the starting role, and his play has reminded everyone why he was so beloved in the first place.

With Alves now healed and the most important phase of the season ahead, coach Massimiliano Allegri has a big decision to make: Who is going to be Juventus’ starting right-back going forward?

Today, we’ll look over both players in depth to figure out who is the best player to hold down the right flank until the end of the season.

The Case for Lichtsteiner

Lichtsteiner has been so steady for the last five-and-a-half seasons that it’s been easy to forget the shambles that was the right back position before the team’s current run of success.

After Juve returned to top flight after the Calciopoli-enforced season in the wilderness of Serie B, Juventus entrusted the right flank to a flight of subpar players. The likes of Jonathan Zebina and Zdenek Grygera held the position for several years, and by the dark days of the Luigi Del Neri-led 2010-11 season, the majority of the starts were going to Marco Motta.

Marco Motta was a bad, bad man.

Stephan Lichtsteiner made the bad man go away.

Signed from Lazio for €10 million, Lichtsteiner was an instant upgrade from what the fans had endured in previous seasons. He was also the perfect player for Antonio Conte. He is tough as nails, physical, and runs forever. To make a door, the joke went, one merely needed to put Lichtsteiner in front of a wall and say “run,” then stand back until he broke through.

Garnering the nickname “The Swiss Express” for his relentless effort, Lichtsteiner came to embody the grinta that was instilled in the team by Conte. He has become one of the team’s talismans, one of only six players to have been part of all of Juve’s five consecutive scudetti.

Despite the media explosion about the possibility of an exit over the summer, Lichtsteiner remained with the team and, once his opportunity came, he took it. Shaky at first as he shook off the rust from extended periods on the sideline, Lichtsteiner has done a great job shoring up the right side, and the defense in general.

Juve have kept six clean sheets in the 10 games he’s played in over all competitions since Alves’ injury. The only time they have allowed more than one goal in Serie A since Genoa was the ugly loss at Fiorentina — a match Lichtsteiner missed due to a yellow card suspension. Compare that to Alves’ extended run as the starter early in the season, which also produced six clean sheets — over 13 games he played in.

Juve won the majority of those matches, but their propensity to bleed unnecessary goals early in the season always had the promise to become a major problem — as it did in the first half hour against Genoa.

Pit Lichtsteiner and Alves against each other as defenders and Alves may have an edge in counting stats. According to WhoScored.com, he averages 2.1 tackles and 1.8 interceptions per league match while Lichtsteiner tallies 1.5 and 0.5, respectively.

But Lichtsteiner, as his statistical history shows, has never been a volume tackler, despite his reputation for physicality. His defensive value comes from his sense of positioning and his ability to close down passing lanes before an opponent can use them. Alves may make more tackles, but off-ball defending is just as important if not more, and the Brazilian simply can’t approach his teammate in that regard.

With Lichtsteiner in the team, the back line has looked far more solid and has stopped bleeding goals, even after Allegri’s switch to his new hyper-offensive 4-2-3-1 formation. The solidity he offers at the back will be vital against the top-level teams Juve will meet if they go deep into the Champions League.

The Case for Dani Alves

Alves’ arrival was heralded by fans as a huge offensive upgrade.

Lichtsteiner’s industrious nature extends to the attacking phase. He is good at supporting down the wing and making himself available on overlaps, but his end product can sometimes be...lacking.

He’s supplied 14 assists since the beginning of the 2013-14 season, but he hasn’t averaged more than one completed cross per match since he was at Lazio, and his balls into the box end up wayward as often as they end up dangerous.

The arrival of Alves was expected to solve that problem. One of the main actors of Barcelona for the last eight years, he won the Champions League three times and was included in the FIFPRO World XI six times in his eight years at the Camp Nou.

At full form, Alves is indeed an offensive upgrade to Lichtsteiner. He averages 2.45 key passes between Serie A and the Champions League, as well as 2.35 completed crosses — numbers Lichtsteiner can’t come close to matching. Since the beginning of the 2014-15 season, he’s registered 19 assists between the two competitions — two of which have come in the Champions League this year. Lichtsteiner, by contrast, has only seven in that time frame.

That offense can mean the difference in a two-legged Champions League tie, especially with penalty box predators like Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic to aim for. Alves also showed good early chemistry combining with Paulo Dybala on the right side when the Argentine dynamo decides to roam to the wide areas. There is an unusual amount of parity among the top sides in the knockout stages this year, and the extra firepower Alves provides could be the difference between an early exit and a second deep run in three years.

The trade-off, as we’ve already discussed, is defense.

Alves has made his name as an offensive player. The tactics he played in at Barca, especially the extreme tiki-taka system of Pep Guardiola and his immediate successor Tito Vilanova, didn’t require Alves to shoulder anywhere near the defensive responsibilities he will have to at Juve, especially in European play.

He’s garnered criticism over the course of his career for neglecting his duties in his own end of the field, and he was one of the main culprits of Brazil’s defensive collapse when they were shelled by Germany semifinals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. His lapses can create messes for his teammates to clean up, or lead to mistakes on his part — like the rugby tackle on Paul Pogba in the Champions League final two years ago that he somehow managed to get away with.

That said he’s playing on a team that has more than enough quality on defense to mitigate any damage — but only if he keeps his mistakes to an absolute minimum.

The Verdict

At the end of the day, Allegri could have far worse options in deciding who will start on the right side of the defense. Alves is an aggressive attacker who can cause havoc on the right wing. Should Allegri persist with his new attack-minded setup, he could add an even greater element of pressure on an opposing defense. That being said, his defensive deficiencies could leave Juve vulnerable — especially given the offense-heavy 4-2-3-1 that seems more and more like Allegri’s default going forward.

Lichtsteiner, on the other hand, provides competence on the attack and utter solidity in defense. His chemistry with the likes of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini — not to mention Gianluigi Buffon — is a critical element of a defense that he has helped to make one of Europe’s best over the last five-and-a-half years.

The choice comes down to augmenting the offense or tying down the defense. Offense may win games, but defense still wins trophies, regardless of what they say about the modern game. The fact that Lichtsteiner is back on the Champions League list and has extended his contract by a year seems to indicate that someone in the club’s front office was reminded of what Lichtsteiner can mean to the team over the last few months.

The team must soon think of the future of the right back position — Lichtsteiner and Alves will be 33 and 34 years old, respectively, by the end of the season — but that’s to be covered another day. In the now, Lichtsteiner is probably the best option to be the primary starter, while Alves provides any necessary attacking kick on an as-needed basis.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: ‘Why I joined Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/98640/dani-alves-‘why-i-joined-juventus’

Feb 20, 2017

Dani Alves explains Barcelona “have no idea how to treat their players” and joined Juventus because “I’m a winner”.

The Brazilian full-back joined the Bianconeri on a free transfer this summer, activating a clause in his contract with the Blaugrana.

“I like to feel wanted, and if someone doesn’t want me then I’m leaving,” Dani Alves explained to ABC.

“Leaving Barcelona on a free was a classy punch. During my last three seasons I kept hearing ‘Dani Alves is leaving’, but the directors never said anything .

“They were very false and ungrateful, they didn’t respect me. They only offered me a renewal when they got the FIFA sanctions.

“That’s why I played them at their own game and signed a renewal with a release clause. Those who run Barcelona today have no idea how to treat their players.

“Why Juventus? I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and compete at a high level with a historic and winning club, because I’m a winner. So are Juventus.

“This is an institution which always has something to teach you, which always competes. I’m happy here, and I’ve found beautiful new challenges in a great team.

”Alves won the Champions League three times at Barcelona, a competition Juve haven’t won since 1996…

“We have the weapons to fight for it, definitely. They’re very superstitious here though, so we say that quietly. Let’s take it a step at a time.

“First there’s Porto, then we’ll see what comes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: 'Juve want it all!'

http://www.football-italia.net/99517/dani-alves-juve-want-it-all

Mar 11, 2017

Dani Alves has “come to a club that wants to win everything and that fires me up. Juventus can’t wait for the next game with Porto!”

The Bianconeri temporarily went 11 points clear at the top of the table with last night’s fiery 2-1 win over Milan and can now prepare to host Porto.

“We are in good shape, both physically and psychologically,” the Brazilian right-back told JTV.

“Now we are going into the most important part of the season. Great players work all year to be ready for these moments, the ones that all you to win competitions. Together, we can have a great finale to the campaign.

“I expected it to be a strong Juve side when I arrived, because a team that wins five consecutive Scudetto titles and reaches the Champions League Final has to be strong.

“I came to a club that wants to win everything and that fires me up, it makes me and my teammates aware every day that we can write history.

“The Juventus Stadium reminds me of the atmosphere I experienced in Brazil or at Sevilla. The fans are right there next to you and they want the same thing as you – without doubt that gives us extra strength.”

The 2-1 victory over Milan was decided by a controversial last-gasp Paulo Dybala penalty after Medhi Benatia had scored on a Dani Alves assist.

“We are a team who never let our heads drop and never lose that hunger. At the end of the day, that’s what gets you results. It was a good game with Milan and we deservedly picked up the three points.

“Matches like that recharge your adrenaline and that helps you maintain concentration. Slowly we will reach our objective: a sixth straight Scudetto and Serie A history.”

Next up, the Bianconeri host Porto in the Champions League Round of 16, having won the first leg 2-0 away from home.

“I am aware of how important the Champions League is for the Bianconeri and the history of this club. I too, like all the Juventini, want to dream and am convinced we can do it if we stay calm and show no fear of making mistakes… then we can go all the way.

“There is no time to rest after Milan, but we don’t want to rest! We can’t wait for the next game to come along so we can prepare for the quarter-final draw. This is what we want and what the fans want.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Dani Alves keen to avoid Barcelona
in Champions League quarters

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/champions-league

/news/dani-alves-keen-to-avoid-barcelona_293841.html

Mar 15, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus full-back Dani Alves has admitted that potentially facing Barcelona in the last eight of the Champions League will be a "strange" experience.

The 33-year-old spent eight seasons at Camp Nou before making the switch to Turin last summer, winning three European Cups during his trophy-laden spell with the club.

After helping his side through to the quarter-final stage of the competition with a 3-0 aggregate win over Porto, Alves confessed that he would rather put off any meeting with his former side until the final.

"I don't want to play Barcelona. It would be too strange for me," he told beIN Sports. "If I have to play Barca, I'd prefer it to be in the final."

The draw for the next round of the Champions League, which so far contains Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Leicester City, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, takes place on Friday morning.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' Dani Alves: Football no longer

looking after ordinary players

http://www.football-italia.net/100402/juventus-barcelona-sold-out

Mar 30, 2017

Juventus full-back Dani Alves has said football is no longer a "humane competition that looks after players," as FIFPro revealed that 41 percent of footballers it surveyed have been paid late.

FIFPro, the worldwide representative organisation of players, has released the findings to its survey into working conditions in men's professional football. The survey is based on feedback from nearly 14,000 players in 54 countries and 87 leagues.

And with the survey showing that 41 percent of players said they had not received their salary on time on at least one occasion in the past two seasons, with the most common delays ranging from one to three months, Alves, who went unpaid at his first club in Brazil, says football has a problem to sort out.

"Football has stopped being a humane competition that looks after players,'' Alves told FIFPro. "Instead it has become a business, managed like a company.

"The thinking is, 'I invest and I want my return. How am I going to get that? The player must make a sacrifice and I will get my profit.'

"We have to put this issue on the global stage. The more they take care of the lower levels the better the end product will be."

The survey also revealed that more than 45 percent earn less than $1,000 a month, with just two percent of players receiving $720,000 or more per annum.

Meanwhile, more than 700 players -- six percent of those surveyed -- have been separated from their teammates and ordered to train alone by their club in an attempt to either rescind or renew their contract, while 29 percent of players who moved for a transfer fee said they were put under pressure to join another club or were prevented from joining the team they wanted to.

"They have to keep going and fighting for their rights," Real Madrid's Luka Modric told FIFPro. "If we can help somehow, we are there.''

FIFPro general-secretary Theo Van Seggelen said of the survey: "This report for the first time provides a detailed and accurate picture of what the average professional player experiences. We now have an evidence base for the reforms that are needed in the football industry. Overdue payables, forced transfers and training alone -- all this must be a thing of the past.

"We need to build a package of measures with all stakeholders. Clubs, leagues, confederations and FIFA must accept those failures of our industry. We need to guarantee minimum employment standards for all players and clubs in all countries, reform the international regulations and think about the economic future of football.

"The new FIFA president [Gianni Infantino] announced that he wanted to work with the professional game to bring about much needed reform. This report must be the starting point."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Alves better than at 25’

http://www.football-italia.net/102077/‘alves-better-25’

May 4, 2017

Dani Alves’ agent says the Juventus full-back is “even better than he was at 25”.

The Brazilian assisted two goals in last night’s 2-0 win over Monaco in the Champions League, having joined on a free transfer from Barcelona in the summer.

“In my opinion, Dani Alves is even better than he was at 25,” Dinorah Santa Ana told Tuttomercatoweb.

“That’s where professionalism comes in, because he takes it all into account, from training to sleeping. His future is on the pitch.

“I’m not surprised by his performance, and I certainly don’t agree that only now he’s been excellent. Of course each game has its own story, but even at the start of the season he played very well.

“Dani wanted Juventus, and he’s brought his winning mentality. He’s a champion, and he’s come to win everything possible.

“The Champions League final is one step away, there’s the Coppa Italia to win and the League is very close.

“Barcelona? The past is the past, the present and the future is Juventus. All I’ll say is that Dani was always professional at Barcelona, and he’s grateful to a club which helped him grow a lot.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Marcelo, Dani Alves continue to
redefine full-back role for Real, Juve

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/3118703/marcelo-and

-dani-alves-continue-to-redefine-the-fullback-role-for-real-madrid-and-juventus

May 4, 2017

Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe there is no deeper tactical significance. Maybe they aren't a dying breed but rather a one-off. Maybe they're just two hugely gifted Brazilian full-backs who interpret the game in their own unique way. The fact that, for many years, they were teammates with the Selecao and rivals on the pitch is just another wrinkle.

I honestly don't know. I just find Marcelo and Dani Alves hugely compelling. And the fact that within the space of 26 hours, each played a key role in helping Real Madrid and Juventus take a giant step towards the Champions League final, is as good an excuse as any to write about them and their role in the game.

The headlines went to the two outstanding natural goalscorers they play with -- Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain -- and that's more than understandable. But the way they played underscores the fact that even though next month Marcelo turns 29 and Dani Alves 33, they represent a certain type of modern full-back, one that is frankly exceedingly rare.

For a start, let's get one thing clear. In 2017, full-back is not a defensive position. In most games regardless of the league, full-backs regularly rank in the top three or four in terms of touches on the ball. We may think in terms of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 but the fact is when teams get the ball, the central defenders sit back, often with a holding midfielder, and one or both full-backs are way up the pitch, out on the wing.

For top teams, that 4-3-3 becomes a 2-3-5 (or 3-2-5, if the defensive midfielder slips between the central defenders) when in possession. And even on a more conservative team, where only one full-back attacks at a time and the defence shifts across, the 4-3-3 becomes a 3-3-4. If you don't notice this when you watch a game on TV, watch one in person. And if you can't, check out heat maps and average positions.

That part isn't new. It used to be pretty simple (and in recreational football, it still is). Your left-back was whatever left-footed defender you could find and while he didn't need to be particularly skillful, he needed to be left-footed because it's easier to defender balls from that flank when you're left-footed.

Your right-back was usually the either the third-best centre-back on your team, which meant he was unlikely to be particularly gifted on the ball, or would be a guy with the skill set of a central defender who happened to be a little short. Gary Neville was perhaps one of the last great right-backs in this mold: Sir Alex Ferguson famously said he would have been the perfect centre-back had he been a few inches taller. (It's not a knock on Neville, by the way -- he was an exceptional footballer and what he lacked in attacking technique, he more than made up for through intelligence and work ethic.)

That began to change in the late 1950s and 1960s with the emergence of the first great attacking full-backs. And for the last 10-15 years, everybody's full-backs (at least on the better teams) have known how to attack and spend tons of time up the pitch. The difference is that the vast majority are basically adjunct old-school wingers. They pound the flank, up and down, providing width and putting in crosses. This became especially important as wingers increasingly became wide forwards, attacking midfielders or second-striker types who were encouraged to come inside at every opportunity.

Here's the thing about Marcelo and Dani Alves, though. They can do that part of the game. They can run and beat opponents and provide service to the middle (with a back-heel no less, if necessary). But they're also devastating when they come into the middle and when they do that, they turn into legitimate attacking midfielders, No. 10s willing and able to play one-twos, pick out passes or shoot on goal. There's a creative element and a passing quality to their game that we ordinarily associate with midfielders. This creates overloads and mismatches galore, wreaking havoc in the opposition.

Juve boss Max Allegri was glowing when he lauded Alves after the Monaco game. "Did you see him? Did you see his assists? That's what a central playmaker does..." That's why he leaped at the opportunity to sign him as a free agent over the summer even though it meant committing a lot of cash to a guy who will be 35 when his contract expires.

Zinedine Zidane -- possibly because his bar is set way higher given his own playing career -- wasn't quite as effusive. But he has said in no uncertain terms that Marcelo is one of the pillars of his team. And against the sort of massed defences that Real often face, his ability to go central and help Luka Modric and Toni Kroos with playmaking duties is invaluable not least because it allows Zidane to carry Casemiro, whose attacking contribution is far more limited.

Does it come at a price? Sure. Neither is an exceptional one-on-one defender. And, yes, when you spend so much time up the pitch, you leave space behind you. In most games, it matters little because their teams have so much of the ball and their teammates adjust and compensate. When they do screw up, it often looks bad.

There's also a question of durability perhaps because of their style of play. Dani Alves has not started more than 29 league games in a season since 2011 and Marcelo, who is five years younger, has done it just twice. But it's a price worth paying.

That skill is exceedingly rare even among the best full-backs in Europe. Think of the top full-backs in the world and, with a few exceptions (Bayern's duo of David Alaba and Phillip Lahm come to mind) the vast majority are essentially up-and-down types. They don't have that additional dimension these two offer.

You wonder whether Dani Alves and Marcelo, had they been born and come through the ranks somewhere other than Brazil, would simply have been pushed to play as attacking midfielders or wingers (which, incidentally, Dani Alves did early in his career). And conversely, you wonder whether a promising attacking midfielder might not consider a career change to the flank (provided he has the requisite athleticism) rather than entering the crowded market for "No. 10s."

Time and again they've shown their value by interpreting what is still a fundamentally unglamorous role in their own way. And proving themselves to be not just indispensable but genuine difference-makers too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Former La Liga Rivals Become Juventus Heroes

Now combining with lethal results for the Old Lady, Higuain and

Dani Alves have long been enemies at international and club level

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/05/liga-rivals-juventus-heroes/

May 5, 2017

There was a time when Dani Alves and Gonzalo Higuain were rivals in La Liga. While the Brazilian played for Sevilla and then Barcelona, the Argentinian was leading the line for Real Madrid.

They first faced each other in March 2008 when El Pipita scored in the Merengues’ 3-1 victory against the Andalusian side. Fast forward nine years and they have both been playing vital roles for Italian giants Juventus throughout the 2016-17 campaign.

The duo were decisive during their Champions League semi-final first leg against Monaco with Alves assisting in both of Higuain’s goals in the 2-0 victory against the Ligue 1 side on Wednesday evening and the result gives La Vecchia Signora a huge advantage heading into next week’s second leg at home.

Initially their arrivals during the summer of 2016 would have raised a few eyebrows. The Brazilian right-back arrived on a free transfer from Barcelona and was perceived to be a has-been whereas the Argentine striker had the best season of his career and came to Turin after the Bianconeri paid Napoli a staggering €90 million.

Despite being a year older than fellow right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner and spending December last year sidelined with injury, Alves has often started ahead of him for Juventus and he has demonstrated great energy and experience.

Higuain, on the other hand, has been much-maligned in his first season with the Bianconeri. Despite scoring 23 goals in 34 Serie A games so far this season, he endured spells in which he failed to score and his weight has also been a concern.

Until the Monaco match, he had scored just three times in nine Champions League games in 2016-17 and none throughout the knock-out stage, while his last goal in a Champions League knock-out fixture was for Real Madrid in a 3-0 victory against Galatasaray in April 2013.

It seemed that the Argentinian was going to continue his scoring drought in the competition after he slipped trying to receive a pass from Paulo Dybala and then a right-foot volley flashed across the Monaco goal when it would have been easier to score. Finally Higuain got on the scoresheet after 28 minutes and his former La Liga adversary was crucial in the build-up in the goal.

Claudio Marchisio chipped a pass to Dybala, who instantaneously back-heeled the ball in the path of Alves. The Juve wing-back centred to the Bianconeri centre-forward but he continued his run into the penalty area to receive Higuain’s though-ball. After shrugging off a defender, Alves made a back-heel of his own and Higuain ran into the box to strike the ball first time into the net.

The technique and team work was exquisite but the way Alves and Higuain combined was exceptional. Although this is their first season at Juve, it was like they had played together for years. Massimiliano Allegri’s team is known for its defensive prowess but the opening goal in Monte Carlo was a fine example of the Bianconeri’s offensive qualities.

That first goal also bore an uncanny resemblance to a Didier Deschamps goal from the 1994-95 Serie A when he ran onto a Roberto Baggio back-heel and smashed the ball into the net in a 4-0 victory against Parma which sealed the scudetto. Perhaps it is a sign of history repeating itself, laying the foundations for more Juve success.

Credit must also be given to Alves for the second goal as he won the ball in midfield, played a one-two with Dybala, and crossed the ball from the right flank to Higuain, who slid-in at the far post to put the ball past Monaco goalkeeper Danijel Subasic.

Thanks to the South American duo, Juventus are closer to reaching the Champions League Final in Cardiff, Wales on June 3. From being opponents in Spain and South America, Dani Alves and Higuain are now united on the field for the Bianconeri cause.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus star Dani Alves given surprise birthday party

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3120978/

juventus-star-dani-alves-given-surprise-birthday-party

May 7, 2017

Though the years may be advancing, Dani Alves is showing no signs of slowing down as he approaches the footballing equivalent of pensionable age.

After the Brazilian defender turned 34 on Saturday, a small group of his friends and family congregated in a corridor at Juventus' stadium to surprise him with an impromptu party.

All in all, a welcome change from his 33rd birthday, which he appeared to celebrate alone last year.

Alves was also handed a timely gift by his Juve colleagues, who marked the right-back's big day by rescuing a dramatic last-gasp point in what proved to be a frantic derby against cross-city rivals Torino.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

TRANSFER RUMOUR: CHELSEA INTERESTED IN

SIGNING JUVENTUS DEFENDER DANI ALVES

Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing Dani Alves

from Juventus in the summer transfer window.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/05/09/transfer-rumour-

chelsea-interested-in-signing-juventus-defender-dani-alves/

May 9, 2017

Spanish publication Sport have reported that Chelsea have set their sights on former Barcelona defender Dani Alves, and are keen to sign him from Juventus in the summer transfer window.

Alves has arguably been one of the finest defenders in the world for several seasons now, and many even say that he could be considered as one of the best right-backs of all-time.

The Brazilian enjoyed the best years of his career in eights seasons with Barcelona, winning everything there is to win at the club level before moving to Juventus last summer. His undoubted influence can also be judged by the fact that the Catalan club have massively struggled to replace him on the right side of their defence

His career in Turin, though, has been a topsy turvy one as he hasn’t quite been a mainstay in defence for the Bianconeri, managing just 17 appearances in Serie A. However, he has been ever present for Juventus in the Champions League, often saving his best for the premier European cup competition.

Overall, Alves has been error prone from time to time, but has held his own on most occasions. In addition to that, he also boasts a respectable return of four goals and seven assists in 28 appearances across all competitions.

And while the best days of his career may be behind him, he is still considered as an option worth considering in the transfer market for one European heavyweight. Chelsea are keen to recruit a few defenders in the summer transfer window and have Alves firmly on their radar for right wing-back slot.

Victor Moses has been a revelation as a makeshift right wing-back this season, and is an unsung hero in Chelsea’s charge to reclaim the Premier League title. So much so, that the West London club even rewarded him with a new long-term contract that comes with a significant hike in pay.

However, with Chelsea set to compete on all four fronts next season, Antonio Conte cannot bank on just Moses as his only option as right wing-back for the entirety of the campaign. He is, thus, eager to recruit a top quality player for that position in the summer, thereby turning his attention towards Alves.

The 34-year-old has prior experience of winning the Champions League on multiple occasions, and his stellar performances in the competition this season suggest that he still has what it takes to rank among the best at the topmost level.

And it is that experience that the Chelsea boss is seeking ahead of a return to the Champions League next season, as Alves can become a solid short-term solution for them.

The Blues will wait until the end of the campaign to reach out to Juventus for the Brazilian, whose still has little over a year remaining on his current deal with them.

The Italian champions might be unwilling to let Alves go in the summer as he has turned into a key figure for them, and it remains to be seen if Chelsea can manage to land him in the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

How the Dani Alves and Barcelona love story ended in divorce

The Brazilian right-back spent eight successful seasons at Camp Nou, but

surprisingly left last summer and he is now starring for Juventus instead.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/05/09/35346362/-

May 9, 2017

Barcelona's recent Champions League exit at the hands of Juventus will have been painful enough for the club's fans, but seeing their former hero Dani Alves on the opposing side in the quarter-final tie may have hurt them even more.

Alves left Barca last summer in a shock move to Italy that took everyone at the Catalan club by surprise. Even Luis Enrique admitted in his first press conference of the new season that the transfer had been unexpected. And almost a year on, the Brazilian's departure is lamented at Camp Nou.

"Obviously I would bring back Dani Alves," former team-mate Xavi told Goal in an interview ahead of the tie against Juventus. "He decided to leave, but for me he is the best right-back in the world at the moment. Barca miss him a lot."

They do. Alves spent eight successful seasons at the Catalan club, where he was a fixture on the right side of defence, winning 23 trophies for the Blaugrana and forming a wonderful understanding with Lionel Messi in particular, providing more assists for the Argentine attacker (42) than anyone else.

Dani Alves Barcelona stats

Alves almost left Barca a year earlier. Contract negotiations with the club reached a stalemate and the player had decided to leave until talks restarted and a deal was agreed just in time. By then, the club had bought Aleix Vidal as his successor, but the Catalan was unable to feature until January because of the transfer ban which prohibited the fielding of new players in 2015.

Although happy to have agreed an extension on his terms, the tensions with the board never really went away and that proved to be the deciding factor in his decision to leave in 2016.

"I like to be loved," he said in an interview with ABC in February. "And if I'm not loved, I leave. Leaving Barcelona for free was a punch with class. In my last seasons I always heard that Alves was leaving, but the directors never said anything to my face.

"They were false and ungrateful. They didn't have respect for me. They only offered to renew my contract when the FIFA ban came into effect. So that's when I decided I would play and I signed a renovation with a free clause. The people who run Barcelona have no idea how to treat the footballers."

Barcelona - Dani Alves Lionel Messi

Dani Alves Barcelona press conference 23112015

Later, Alves told fifa.com in another interview that he was fed up with being made the scapegoat. "Things changed at club level," he said. "And as time went on, I always seemed to be the one in the firing line. 'Dani’s the one who has to go,' they would say. I just got tired of it."

One such instance occurred when Barca were knocked out of the Champions League by Atletico Madrid last April and the following day, the defender posted a video on Instagram which featured him singing in a woman's wig in an attempt to lighten the mood. "I don't know how to live any differently," he wrote and also added a #goodcrazy hashtag.

Luis Enrique later defended the player, claiming he had only been trying to help, but Barca's board did not like it and this time Alves had had enough as more negative stories circulated in the media questioning his future - some of which he believes came directly from sources at the club. 

Having negotiated the clause which allowed him to walk away for free, he felt that the time was right to move on. "I decided to head off in a new direction and find happiness somewhere else," he said later. 

Gonzalo Higuain Dani Alves Monaco Juventus Champions League

And he has found happiness at Juventus. After a slow start and then an injury setback which saw him sidelined for over two months after he suffered a broken leg against Genoa in November, the Brazilian has turned in some superb showings in recent weeks and produced two wonderful assists as Juventus beat Monaco 2-0 in the Champions League semi-final first leg.

"Barcelona is in the past for Dani," his agent and ex-wife Dinorah Santa Ana told Goal. "There is nothing to say about that now. Dani wanted to go to Juventus. It was a new challenge for him and every game he plays is spectacular. He is excited about winning trophies with Juve."

The Champions League is one of those titles up for grabs and destiny looks set to match the full-back with his old rivals Real Madrid in the final next month. "That would be special for Dani," Santa Ana admitted.

And it will be an opportunity for fans of the Blaugrana to cheer on one of their former heroes again. At the same time, however, those supporters will wonder whether it might have been Barca and not Juventus competing for the title had his relationship with the board not deteriorated so dramatically in the lead-up to his exit last summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

What the hell were Barcelona thinking in letting Dani Alves go?

The veteran right-back is set for another treble after starring for Juve in the

Champions League semi-finals and is making Barca regret letting him go.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/05/09/35368492/-

May 9, 2017

Like Andrea Pirlo, Dani Alves is demonstrating for Juventus that there is plenty left in the tank even if his previous employers were content to show him the door.

Alves suspected that Barcelona were trying to shuffle him off the books and replace him with a younger model even before the club were hit with a transfer ban in 2014.

It was only when it became apparent that they could do with a reliable pair of legs through that difficult period that Barca gave Alves a prolonged deal and even that was on reduced wages.

It was a huge mark of disrespect to a world-class player who served Barca with great distinction during eight seasons at Camp Nou. He won 23 major trophies and – second to only Lionel Messi – was Barca’s best player throughout Pep Guardiola’s time at the club.

He was given away to Juventus for nothing without the kind of farewell we have come to expect for the best and brightest talents. To compound the folly in allowing the relationship with Alves to disintegrate, Barca have been woefully incapable of replacing him.

Aleix Vidal was signed to take over but has rarely been of the required standard while academy prospect Sergi Roberto has been filling in as best he can. Neither – it is fair to say – are fit to lace Alves’s bootlaces.

Dani Alves Juventus Monaco Champions League

"The people who run Barcelona have no idea how to treat their players,” he told Spanish news outlet ABC earlier this season.

"During my last three seasons I always heard that Alves was leaving but the management never said anything to me.

"They were very false and ungrateful. They did not respect me. They only offered me a renewal because of the FIFA transfer ban.

"That's when I played their game and signed a renewal, which included a clause that allowed me to leave for free a year later.”

That is how the man who among his honours won two trebles for Barca came to end up in black and white. He could be set for another.

Juve are champions-elect again in Italy – for a sixth time in a row – and are due to face Lazio in the Coppa Italia final next week. After tonight Alves is relishing the prospect of yet another Champions League final to boot. What a statement this is for the man deemed toxic by Barca’s top brass.

It must be admitted that many feared for Alves’s long-term prospects when he suffered a broken leg in a Serie A match in November but he has bounced back to become Juve’s most important player in the latter stages of the Champions League.

How sweet the quarter-final victory over Barca must have felt as he marked Neymar out of both matches. He was the best player on the field over two legs against Monaco in these semis.

Alves delivered two pin-point assists in the first game in Monte Carlo. The first was an intuitive back-heel which allowed Gonzalo Higuain to roll the ball in. The one he delivered to Mario Mandzukic here in Turin in the second leg bore semblance to the one he laid on for Higuain’s second goal last week. It was a deep, accurate cross to the back post which facilitated a straightforward finish.

Just before half time he had his own say. Danijel Subasic punched the ball to the edge of the box while clearing a corner and Alves smashed a volley beyond the reach of the Croatian. Juve were home and hosed.

It is not only for his attacking contributions that Alves deserves to be lauded. Juve have conceded only one goal in the Champions League since beating Sevilla 3-1 in November. Alves has featured in five and four-man backlines across this season, as well as a right winger in a 4-2-3-1 system. He has demonstrated  his versatility and has rarely been found wanting.

Recently Juventus have made a reputation as the best team in the world for free transfers. Pirlo, Paul Pogba and Sami Khedira all arrived from rival clubs around Europe for nothing while even the one that didn’t make the grade in Turin – Kingsley Coman – has turned the club a tidy profit.

If Pirlo is now regarded as the best transfer of all time then Alves surely won’t be far behind. This may well be the week of his 34th birthday but the veteran right back is showing how badly Barcelona erred by letting him go.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti