Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Dani Alves

130541 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Dani Alves is the world’s best attacking right-back'

Former Juventus midfielder Liam Brady praised the defender and believes

the Italian side has what it takes to win this season’s Champions League.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/05/10/35402092/-

May 10, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

There is no better attacking right-back in the world than Dani Alves according to former Juventus attacking midfielder Liam Brady.

The Brazilian defender put in a top-class performance in the second leg of Juventus 4-1 aggregate win over Monaco to advance to the Champions League final, scoring a brilliant goal in the process.

The performance came on the heels of excellent outings against his former team Barcelona in the quarter-final round, as Juventus ousted the Catalans 3-0 on aggregate.

And former Arsenal and Juve star Brady believes those performances showed the quality Alves had, while adding the move to Italy has revived his career.

"I think Dani Alves is the best attacking right-back in the world,” Brady told RTE. “I think he's had his problems temperament wise. He's lost the head a few times. He's chased after referees, gotten himself into trouble a few times.

“I think maybe he had gone a bit stale at Barcelona. He needed a change.

“He's really become a hero to Juventus fans over the two legs of the semi-final. He's been probably the most influential player in it.”

Looking ahead to the final, Alves and Juventus face a difficult challenge in Real Madrid, who will be aiming to become the first team in the Champions League era to win back-to-back titles in the competition. However, Brady believes Juventus has the ability to take home the trophy when the sides meet in Cardiff on June 3.

"I think Juve have the tools to win this trophy now. They've got a very strong defence, a brilliant goalkeeper, really hard-working midfield, and they've got Dybala up front who can create that bit of magic, and Higuain who can take a chance.

"It's the final we all wanted. Two great teams with European pedigree. Great to see them back where they belong, Juventus."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Dani Alves is like an alien' - Bonucci salutes

extra-terrestrial talents of Juve team-mate

The Brazilian full-back has impressed those around him in Turin with his

fine performances in Serie A and Champions League following a slow start.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/05/11/35419692/-

May 11, 2017

Leonardo Bonucci hailed Dani Alves' ability to adapt to Juventus' style of play after eight years at Barcelona and labelled the Brazilian "an alien" following his fine performances in recent weeks.

The 34-year-old initially struggled to find his feet in Turin, but he has developed into an important first-team member since recovering from a fractured fibula.

Alves played a key role in Juventus' Champions League semi-final win over Monaco, creating three goals and scoring the other one in a 4-1 aggregate trimuph, and Bonucci is in awe of his experienced team-mate.

"Dani Alves is an alien," Bonucci told Il Giornale.

"Only a great player and a serious professional can change his style of play to adapt to our philosophy like he has done.

"He has brought experience and enthusiasm to Juventus.

"It took him some time to understand Italian football and Juventus' style, but he has reached a surreal level now."

The right-back has made 29 appearances in all competitions for Juve, scoring five goals in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Just How Much Have Barcelona Missed

Dani Alves After His Move to Juventus?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2709040-just-how-much-have-

barcelona-missed-dani-alves-after-his-move-to-juventus

May 12, 2017

A natural part of any team's life cycle is to replenish the squad, with even the greatest sides needing injections of new faces and more youthful legs.

At the start of the 2016/17 season, it was Barcelona's turn; treble winners just two seasons earlier, the club's board, manager Luis Enrique and his staff wanted to add new players, which meant others had to exit.

Among the 13 summer departures were Claudio Bravo, Thomas Vermaelen, Adriano and Dani Alves—all of them 30 or over—while the eldest outfield player signed was Paco Alcacer, 23.

It was time for a renewal, but almost 10 months on, Alves is proving the decision to allow him to leave was costly.

Heir Apparent

It's easy to be rose-tinted about the entire affair, so context is important. At the start of the 2015/16 campaign, Alves was injured. Sergi Roberto came into the side at right-back, having been promised game time in the role by Luis Enrique, and the Spaniard excelled.

For a short while, he was one of the best players in La Liga, filling the role in a different style to Alves, but with aggression in defence and a good connection in attack. Alves' return to fitness saw the two rotate, with Roberto ushered back into midfield at times, but the Brazilian's form wasn't anywhere near its highest level.

He had an up-and-down season for much of 2015/16, though he finished strongly, with his performances toward the end of the campaign good enough to have served as notice that he wasn't finished at the elite level.

Even so, he left last summer, citing at the time the need to "reinvent" himself with a new challenge, per Sport—but his story had changed by the time Barca and his new side, Juventus, were drawn to face each other in this season's UEFA Champions League quarter-final.

Alves is quoted as saying to ABC (h/t The Independent):

"During my last three seasons, I always heard that Alves was leaving, but the management never said anything to me.

"They were very false and ungrateful. They did not respect me. They only offered me a renewal because of the FIFA transfer ban. That's when I played their game and signed a renewal, which included a clause that allowed me to leave for free a year later. The people who run Barcelona have no idea how to treat their players."

Roberto, along with the recently signed Aleix Vidal, was entrusted to fill the right-back void, but it has far from worked out as planned.

Andrew Gaffney covers La Liga for Yahoo and tells us just how much of a difference there has been: "How much have Barcelona missed him? Like a hole in the side of a plane. It's there for everyone to see. Sergi Roberto's solid start in the role made people forget at first, but Alves offers a lot more than simply defending.

"In attack, he's essentially a winger, like Marcelo for Real Madrid, and it's another outlet to exploit teams who sit deep."

It's a train of thought mirrored by Simon Harrison, La Liga correspondent for FourFourTwo and Marca.

"The fact they have no orthodox right-back, even without injuries, highlights that," Harrison said. "Sergi Roberto has done well as an improvised option, but Dani Alves offers so much more in terms of delivery and vision from both advanced and deeper areas."

Roberto is 25, not exactly an up-and-coming player, and while he receives an unfair amount of criticism for not being Dani Alves, it's also fair to note he has had as many nightmarish moments as he has critical interventions.

Opposition Overload

So exactly why do Barca miss Alves so much? At 33, his physical peak is behind him, even if the engine is still purring along nicely—and as noted, his form dropped off over the past season or two.

In a way, there's a mirror here to the Real Madrid argument when Cristiano Ronaldo was not at his best at the start of this season: When the best player in the world in a particular role is operating at 70 or 80 per cent, he's still better than 90 per cent of other applicants out there.

Regardless of the drop-off, Alves covered so many aspects of Barcelona's play that asking one player to step in was never going to result in a like-for-like replacement.

Gaffney explains how Alves offered an alternative outlet that has been badly missed this term: "Alves' ability on the counter is something Barca lack this season, as far too often they have gone long to get the front three involved. Without Andres Iniesta, they lacked creativity across the midfield and defence; Alves would've helped."

The power, speed and width that Alves brought to the team isn't offered elsewhere, especially with Jordi Alba in and out this season on the left as a result of injury and rotation. They don't have the penetration at pace from multiple angles or the willingness to burst beyond players or stay wide and deliver quality; when opposition teams play compact, there are too few options to open the game up.

For Harrison, that's the biggest issue at hand post-Alves: "When teams congest the middle of the park and ask for teams like Barcelona to stretch them and try to break them down with quality, Alves would have been a key man this season.

"And his performances for Juventus in the Champions League semi-finals are the icing on that particular cake."

What Might Have Been

Barca were not in the semis—Alves and Co. ended their hopes one round earlier.

As B/R's Sam Tighe notes, it could have been all so different, with the former Barca man clearly still holding the club in enormous regard—or at least those he played and trained with.

"Letting Dani Alves leave—or, to be specific, allowing the situation in which he felt the need to depart unfold—was a heinous error on Barcelona's part," Tighe said. "The Brazilian's love for the club is clear. That he was in the Camp Nou dugout hugging people when the quarter-final second leg kicked off reveals plenty.

"This season, he's been demonic for Juventus, with his passion and lust for success still evident. He's scored crucial goals in both European and Serie A play, keeping The Old Lady on track for another huge trophy haul.

"Meanwhile, Barcelona have jigged and rejigged their formation in an attempt to continually kick the team back into form. They might still end the season as domestic double winners, but consistency issues in Alves' old position have been a hindrance to the team, and it's impossible to shake the feeling that the odd, lopsided 3-4-3 system Luis Enrique has favoured in 2017 would have suited Alves perfectly."

Whether the 3-4-3 continues or not (after all, Lucho is off at the end of the season, and there's no assurance of what system the new manager will play), Barca need to find someone to fill the right side with more regularity, more consistency.

It's not a case of suggesting Roberto isn't good enough, but rather that he doesn't do each job as fully as Alves did.

Unless those areas of the game are filled by another area of the team, the right-back must continue to provide them or Barcelona will continue to struggle.

Remedy

So where do Barca go in the summer? There have already been rumours over new signings—there were rumours even before Alves left, in fact—with some of them as unsuited to replacing Alves as Iniesta or Messi would be, while others might be overpriced, too fleeting with their early-career fortunes or simply not available.

Aside from giving Barca the extra dimension on the front foot, Alves' link-up play, particularly with Messi, has been a huge miss.

Barcelona fan Kevin Gimenez highlights this as the biggest need to fill, much as the poll above showed.

"People often used to say Messi couldn't do what he did without Xavi and Iniesta, but it was actually Dani Alves who supplied Messi with more assists than both of these," Gimenez said.

"He's quite simply the best right-back I have ever seen. Alves was often tarred with a myth of 'he can't defend,' yet I am still to see him get dominated in a game. It was crazy to let him go."

That's the overriding feeling.

Without an adequate replacement, without a plan for alternatives and with Vidal not showing up to be half the player required, it was foolhardy to let Alves leave, even as advanced in age as he was and with the need for fresh players.

Such a critical part of the team, such an established player and a high-quality, reliable source of buildup play toward the individuals who mattered most—Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar—Barcelona gambled big time by allowing Alves out of the Camp Nou door.

And much like they did against his new team in the Champions League, they lost.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Tottenham Hotspur 'open discussions with Dani Alves'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/

news/tottenham-open-discussions-with-alves_298427.html

May 18, 2017

Tottenham Hotspur are looking to lure Juventus full-back Dani Alves to North London this summer, according to a report.

The Lilywhites are said to have initiated discussions with the Brazil international, as they attempt to add an experienced title winner to their ranks.

Yahoo! Sport claims that manager Mauricio Pochettino is keen to find the right blend next season after again falling just short in their pursuit of silverware this time around, with former Barcelona ace Alves among those being targeted.

Alves won six Liga titles, three Champions Leagues and five Copas del Rey during his time in Spain, while also remaining on track for a treble during his first year in Italy with Juventus.

The Brazilian still has another season to run on his current deal in Turin, but has openly admitted in the past that he would like to one day play in England.

Spurs face the prospect of losing two of their regular full-backs this summer, meanwhile, as Danny Rose and Kyle Walker have both been linked with a move away.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tottenham target Dani Alves

http://www.football-italia.net/102783/tottenham-target-dani-alves

May 18, 2017

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly offered Juventus right-back Dani Alves a two-year contract.

The 34-year-old Brazilian only arrived as a free agent from Barcelona last summer, but has been a revelation, especially when it came to the business end of the season.

He has six goals and seven assists in 31 competitive games, including a volley in last night’s 2-0 Coppa Italia Final victory over Lazio.

According to several English sources, Spurs are hoping to convince Dani Alves to make the move to the Premier League.

Juventus are on track for the Treble this season, as they need just one more win to secure the Scudetto and will face Real Madrid in the Champions League Final on June 3.

Dani Alves is under contract with Juve until June 2018.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

World Fame 100: Juventus' Dani Alves

makes list of most popular athletes

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/3135870/

world-fame-100-juventus-dani-alves-makes-list

May 30, 2017

We asked Ben Alamar, ESPN's director of sports analytics, to figure out the most famous athletes in the world. Using a formula that combines endorsements with social media fan base and Google search popularity, he ranked the globe's most famous athletes in our second annual World Fame 100.

Juventus landed one player on our list:

No. 57: Dani Alves

Why he's got fame: In the storied Brazilian tradition of Carlos Alberto and Cafu, Alves is the greatest right-back of his generation. He trails only Paolo Maldini's haul of major European trophies (Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup), having claimed nine to the Italian icon's 10. He has more assists for Leo Messi than anyone else in Barcelona history.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19388520/2017-world-fame-100-espn-ranks-most-famous-athletes-planet

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alves: ‘Juventus obsessed with winning’

http://www.football-italia.net/103481/alves-‘juventus-obsessed-winning’

Jun 1, 2017

Dani Alves says winning is “an obsession” at Juventus, and sees shades of Lionel Messi in Paulo Dybala.

The right-back joined the Bianconeri from Barcelona on a free transfer this summer, and has the chance to win the third Treble of his career in Saturday’s Champions League final.

“When I came to Juventus this season, it was like I was leaving home again,” Dani Alves wrote for the Players’ Tribune.

“I did it when I was 13, going to the academy. I did it again at 18, going to Spain. And then I did it again at 33, going to Italy.

“When I first arrived at Juve, it was like going to a completely new school. My whole life, I had loved to attack. And now I was coming to a place where they value defending above everything.

“At the beginning of the season, I wanted to make sure that the Juve players understood that I respected their philosophy, and their history.

“Once I made sure that I had their respect, I tried to show them my strengths, too. One day, I looked at the halfway line, and I said to myself, Should I go?

“Attack, attack, attack. (And, OK, maybe defend a bit too, or [Gigi] Buffon will be yelling at me).

“At Barca, we played by memory. At Juve, it’s different. It’s our collective mentality that has has carried us to the Champions League final.

“When the whistle blows, we simply find a way to win no matter what. Winning is not just a goal at Juve, it’s like an obsession. There are no excuses.

“This Saturday, I have a chance to win my 35th trophy in 34 years on earth. It is a special opportunity for me, and it has nothing to do with proving to the Barcelona board that they made a mistake in letting me go.

“I will have the chance to play for another Champions League trophy against a very familiar opponent. Like always, I will study Cristiano [Ronaldo] like an obsession.”

The Brazilian also had words of praise for Dybala, comparing him to Barcelona icon Messi.

“I remember during one training session [at Barcelona], Messi was doing things with the ball at his feet that defied logic. Of course, that is what he did every day. Only this time, something was different.

“Now, I need to remind you, this was an extremely intense training session. We were not messing around. Messi was dribbling through the defense and finishing like a killer.

“And then as he’s running past me, I look down at his cleats, and I’m thinking to myself, ‘Is this a joke?’

“He comes running past again, and I think, ‘No, it’s impossible’. He comes running past again, and now I’m sure what I’m seeing.

“His damn cleats are untied. Both of them.

“I mean completely untied. This guy is playing against the best defenders in the world, just floating around the pitch, and he’s acting like it’s a Sunday in the park. That was the moment when I knew that I was never going to play with someone like him ever again in my life.

“I sometimes think that life is a circle. See, I cannot get away from these Argentinians. At Barca, I had Messi. At Juve, I have Dybala. Genius follows me everywhere, I swear.

“In training one day, I saw something in Dybala that I had seen before in Messi. It was not just the gift of pure talent. I have seen that many times in my life.

“It was the gift of pure talent combined with the will to conquer the world.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves sets Juve ultimatum?

http://www.football-italia.net/103793/dani-alves-sets-juve-ultimatum

Jun 7, 2017

Brazilian reports claim Dani Alves has asked Juventus to extend his contract to 2019 or go elsewhere, such as Chelsea, Manchester City or China.

The full-back joined as a free agent last summer when Barcelona let him leave and helped Juve to the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and a place in the Champions League Final.

According to UOL in Brazil, the 34-year-old has warned Juventus that if they don’t activate the option to extend until 2019, he could walk away rather than remain in an uncertain state for next season.

Dani Alves has been linked with numerous clubs, including Chelsea and Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, plus a big money move to China.

This season he scored six goals and provided seven assists in 33 competitive games for Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Juventus full-back Dani Alves

open to Premier League switch

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/juventus/transfer-talk/news/

dani-alves-open-to-premier-league-switch_300603.html

Jun 16, 2017

Dani Alves has revealed that he "turned down many offers" from Premier League clubs last summer but is hopeful of making the switch to English football before his career is over.

The 34-year-old proved to be one of the shining lights as Italian giants Juventus racked up a domestic double last season, adding to the 19 major honours earned during his eight years with Barcelona.

Alves opted for Serie A over the Prem 12 months ago but, with just a year to run on his current terms in Turin, he is open to potentially seeing out his playing days on these shores.

"Last year I turned down many offers from the Premier League because I felt I had to go to Serie A," he told Esporte Interativo.

"There is a great defensive culture, and to go and play in England you have to know how to defend well. I hope that one day I will go there. Who knows? We'll see."

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with the Brazil international in recent weeks, as boss Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly keen to bring some experienced heads on board.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alves: ‘Buffon doesn’t need CL’

http://www.football-italia.net/104257/alves-‘buffon-doesn’t-need-cl’

Jun 16, 2017

Dani Alves insists Juventus teammate Gianluigi Buffon doesn’t need the Champions League to be remembered as a legend.

The goalkeeper has won almost every trophy at club and international level, but has lost three times in the Champions League final, most recently against Real Madrid this month.

“Buffon is a true professional,” Alves told Canais Esporte Interativo after his controversial Paulo Dybala comments.

“In the end the Champions League is just a title. I don’t think that he won’t be a player who made history just because of this title.

“He’s a legend because the numbers say so: Buffon will always be Buffon.”

The Brazilian was also asked to reflect on the defeat in Cardiff, and he admitted that Los Merengues deserved to win.

“Real Madrid deserved to win, we weren’t good. In the end, a match reflects everything, we didn’t deserve to win the Champions League and they did.

“The details are important, for example they got to spend more time with their families. That makes the difference.

“We won the League, but the Italian League is different from the Champions League. We reached a point where we couldn’t do any more.

“We didn’t do what we needed to do to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves close to Man City

http://www.football-italia.net/104306/dani-alves-close-man-city

Jun 17, 2017

There are increasing reports Dani Alves is heading to Manchester City after just one season at Juventus.

The Brazilian arrived as a free agent last summer from Barcelona, but it’s rumoured he wanted a longer contract extension that Juve were unwilling to provide to a 34-year-old.

Gonzalo Higuain also fuelled speculation today by posting a video with a message of goodbye on social media, then swiftly removing it again.

Now goal.com suggest Dani Alves is very close to agreeing personal terms with Manchester City, where he’ll be reunited with Pep Guardiola.

Juventus are also in advanced negotiations for a transfer fee after he contributed six goals and seven assists in 33 competitive games this season.

He had also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United, but the draw of working with ex-Barcelona boss Guardiola again was too strong.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain goodbye to Dani Alves?

http://www.football-italia.net/104284/higuain-goodbye-dani-alves

Jun 17, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain posted a goodbye message to Juventus teammate Dani Alves, then quickly removed it from social media.

There had already been some speculation the Brazilian would be moving on just one year into his Turin experience.

He is reported to want a longer contract, but the Bianconeri aren’t prepared to go too far, so a Premier League or Chinese move seems likely.

Higuain sparked more controversy when he posted a goodbye message on social media.

“It was a pleasure playing with you. I wish you the best and hope to spend time together again soon,” noted Pipita.

However, it was swiftly taken down, suggesting Higuain had jumped the gun on something that was not yet supposed to be in the public domain.

Dani Alves has been linked with a move to Chelsea or Manchester City.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves has Man City deal

http://www.football-italia.net/104316/dani-alves-has-man-city-deal

Jun 18, 2017

Reports continue to multiply that Dani Alves has given the all-clear for a transfer to Manchester City, so Juventus are negotiating a €5.7m fee.

The right-back only joined Juve a year ago as a free agent when his contract with Barcelona expired.

He helped them reach the Champions League Final, win the Scudetto and Coppa Italia with six goals and seven assists in 33 competitive games.

However, the situation soured after the season ended, with Dani Alves publicly urging Paulo Dybala to leave Juventus if he wanted to reach his full potential.

Multiple sources including Mundo Deportivo, the Corriere dello Sport and The Sun all say that Dani Alves has agreed personal terms with Manchester City so he can reunite with former Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola.

The two clubs are now talking about a fee and Juventus would make a profit regardless, having picked him up as a free agent 12 months ago.

It’s believed the 34-year-old wanted a longer contract, but the Bianconeri weren’t prepared to give that for a 34-year-old.

He has also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United, but City appear to be the only genuine contenders.

Meanwhile, Dani Alves did clear up a misunderstanding with the Gonzalo Higuain video that appeared to be a farewell message, which appeared and then disappeared on Pipita's social media accounts.

The Brazilian clarified it was a video message sent to a TV programme that he was on.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Juventus defender Dani Alves responds

to "shi*" transfer rumours

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news

/alves-responds-to-shi-transfer-rumours_300702.html

Jun 18, 2017

WARNING! This article contains strong language and/or content that some readers may prefer to avoid.

Juventus full-back Dani Alves has appeared to rubbish suggestions that he is closing in on a move to the Premier League, labelling the recent reports "shit".

The 34-year-old has been heavily linked with both Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur so far this summer after revealing that he is open to making a switch to the English top flight at some point in his career.

A video posted by Juve teammate Gonzalo Higuain on social media on Saturday, in which he appeared to say his goodbyes to Alves, saw the speculation mount.

Reports in the British press suggested that City had won the £5m race for the Brazilian's signature, but Alves has taken to Twitter to hit back at these claims.

"Don't spread shit," he said in response to one particular article. "Higuain sent a video for me in a television programme. Don't do your job badly, please."

Alves helped Juve to a domestic double last season, adding to the 19 major honours won during his time with former club Barcelona.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve to release Alves?

http://www.football-italia.net/104402/juve-release-alves

Jun 19, 2017

Dani Alves’ representatives reportedly met with Juventus on Monday to request the right-back’s release.

According to Sky Sport Italia, a series of controversial incidents, which saw Alves advise Paulo Dybala to leave Juve and post an Instagram story of the boots he wore for Barcelona in their 2015 Champions League Final victory over the Bianconeri, prompted a need “to better understand” the Brazilian’s situation.

Consequently, the 34-year-old’s entourage stated they wanted the Old Lady to terminate his contract.

If true, it comes as a blow to Juve, who were hoping to profit from Alves’ sale, with reports suggesting he has already agreed to join Manchester City.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves pressured Dybala for City

http://www.football-italia.net/104657/dani-alves-pressured-dybala-city

Jun 24, 2017

There are reports Dani Alves already agreed to join Manchester City in November and was pushing Paulo Dybala to follow him out of Juventus.

The Bianconeri announced the intention to terminate the right-back’s contract by mutual consent after just one season in Turin, as he is due a reunion with ex-Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

The Corriere dello Sport newspaper today claims there is a murky back-story to the departure and that Dani Alves was working as almost a ‘double agent’ for Manchester City.

It’s suggested that the Brazilian already had an agreement to join the Premier League side as far ago as November 2016, despite having signed a two-year contract.

Dani Alves then infuriated Juventus by claiming Dybala “will have to leave Juventus to realise his full potential.”

According to the Corriere dello Sport, this was only a small part of a campaign the former Barcelona player had going to pressure Dybala into following him to Manchester City.

However, the young Argentine had no intention of betraying the Bianconeri and penned a contract renewal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: 'I don't play for money'

http://www.football-italia.net/104842/dani-alves-i-dont-play-money

Jun 27, 2017

Dani Alves said goodbye to Juventus fans, as he prepares to sign for Manchester City, but assured “I don’t play football for money. I apologise if fans think I did something to offend them.”

Bianconeri director Beppe Marotta already confirmed the contract termination by mutual consent, as after one year the Brazilian wanted a new experience.

He’ll reunite with former Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

“I would like to thank all the JUVENTUS FANS for the year I experienced, TO MY TEAMMATES FOR WELCOMING ME LIKE THE REAL PROFESSIONALS THEY ARE, FOR A CLUB THAT WINS AND PLAYS IN FINALS,” wrote Dani Alves on Instagram in Spanish.

“I think that my respect for this club and its supporters was my dedication, my passion and all the efforts to make this club a greater club every single day.

“I apologise to the Juventus fans if sometimes they thought I had done something to offend them. This was never my intention, I just have a very spontaneous way of approaching life that few people understand… even though it appears that I am not perfect, however, my heart is pure.

“Today I end our professional rapport and will take with me all of those who with love and true heart make Juve a great club. As everyone knows, I always say what I think and feel…

“I feel that I should say thank you to Mr Marotta for the opportunity he gave me, he’s a great professional and someone who loves his job like few others…

“I don’t play football for money, I play football because I love the profession and those who are part of it. I leave it up to you to judge what I have done and worked for.

“I LOVE FOOTBALL and money will never take me to any other place.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Dani Alves Terminates Juventus Contract

He was here for a good time, not a long time.

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/6/29/15893470/

officially-official-dani-alves-terminates-juventus-contract

Jun 29, 2017

Dani Alves’ days as a Juventino are officially over. Today the club announced on their official website that the 34 year-old has terminated his contract with the club. This would be the first step before his widely anticipated move to Manchester City to reunite with Pep Guardiola.

The long-time Barcelona fullback made his move to Turin just last year and while enduring a short rough start, eventually became one of the key players of the team. There is no doubting that he was a big reason that Juventus enjoyed the success they did.

From the official announcement:

Alves lifted two trophies in his single season in Turin, contributing to a third consecutive domestic league and cup double for the club before helping the team reach the UEFA Champions League final.

The Brazilian made a total of 33 appearances for the Bianconeri, having a hand in 12 goals (six goals, six assists), seven of which came in European matches.

I don’t think you can ask for much more of a statistical output from a fullback, and the amount of discussion on his status of being the best right back in the world will tell you that he had quite the impressive season on both sides of the pitch.

Perhaps his best match as a Juventino came in the Champions League semi-final in the return leg against Monaco. He scored once and set-up another (which wasn’t given an official assist, but it was an assist nonetheless), and was our best player in a fixture that sent us to the final.

It wasn’t all sunshine and roses as Dani made some controversial comments in the last few weeks, but that shouldn’t take away from what he did for us on the field. Dani gave us a season of elite quality at the fullback position which helped us get to the Champions League Final and for that he should be celebrated.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves to PSG?

http://www.football-italia.net/105457/dani-alves-psg

Jul 8, 2017

L’Equipe suggests former Juventus right-back Dani Alves is heading to Paris Saint-Germain rather than Manchester City.

When the Brazilian terminated his contract by mutual consent just one year after arriving as a free agent from Barcelona, it was widely believed he’d reunite with Pep Guardiola in Manchester.

There are reports in England that Dani Alves will have his medical with the Citizens on Monday.

However, L’Equipe claim this evening that there could be a twist with advanced negotiations for Paris Saint-Germain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: PSG sign Dani Alves

http://www.football-italia.net/105646/official-psg-sign-dani-alves

Jul 12, 2017

Paris Saint-Germain have officially confirmed the signing of former Juventus full-back Dani Alves.

The Brazilian terminated his contract with the Bianconeri by mutual consent earlier this summer, and appeared to be heading to Manchester City for a reunion with Pep Guardiola.

However, reports have emerged in recent days that he would instead move to Ligue 1, and that has been officially confirmed today.

“Paris Saint-Germain is pleased to announce the arrival of Daniel Alves Da Silva,” an official statement begins.

“The Brazilian defender is now tied to the capital club until June 30, 2019.

“Free after his departure from Juventus, the Juazeiro native becomes the 30th Rouge et Bleu Brazilian since the creation of the club in 1970.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130541 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dani Alves: 'At PSG for Verratti!'

http://www.football-italia.net/105651/dani-alves-psg-verratti

Jul 12, 2017

Dani Alves “a little selfish when I went to Juventus and didn’t listen to my family or friends, but I came to PSG to win the Champions League and play with Marco Verratti.”

The full-back terminated his contract in Turin by mutual consent after just one year, but rather than reunite with ex-Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, he signed for Paris Saint-Germain today.

“I had interest not just from Manchester City, but also other English clubs,” revealed the Brazilian in his Press conference.

“I often said the Premier League interested me a great deal, they had an interesting project and I spoke with Man City officials. However, I have friends here in Paris and my wife loves the city.

“I was a little selfish when I went to Juve. I didn’t listen to my wife or friends. This time, I tried to be less selfish and to please everyone. I believe in happiness, that’s why I came here.

“If Guardiola felt wronged, I apologise and I take the responsibility for my decision. I’d been linked with PSG twice before, so third time was the charm. Paris courted me long ago and now we are wed. I want to express my happiness on the field too.

“Paris is already the city of love, but we must also make it the city of football. I was fortunate enough to win the Champions League three times with Barcelona, so I bring my experience as a Champions League winner to Paris.

“There is no dream too big, simply people who do not dream big enough. This club hasn’t yet felt the joy of a Champions League victory, so our goal is to achieve that.”

Dani Alves did not leave Juventus on the best terms and he hinted at that when asked what the difference was between PSG and the Bianconeri.

"Ambition and organisation. They have that in abundance here." :|  .bah

Curiously, Dani Alves also had a very special reason for coming to the Parc des Princes.

“I came here to play with Marco Verratti, that’s the message I want him to get. I hope he can help us win the Champions League.

“I’m only 34 years old and still have much to give. I feel like a youngster ready to start at a new club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti