Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2016-2017

130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

De Boer: ‘Juventus aren’t unbeatable’

http://www.football-italia.net/88985/de-boer-‘juventus-aren’t-unbeatable’

Aug 9, 2016

New Inter Coach Frank de Boer wants to challenge Juventus for the Scudetto - “nothing is impossible, no-one is unbeatable”.

The Bianconeri have won Serie A for the past five seasons in a row, and have added the likes of Miralem Pjanic, Medhi Benatia and Gonzalo Higuain this summer.

De Boer has replaced Roberto Mancini on the Beneamata bench, and doesn’t rule out an immediate title challenge.

“Nothing is impossible, no-one is unbeatable,” the former Ajax Coach replied when asked about Juventus at his official presentation.

“Sometimes things change. Juventus have reinforced, but our goal is to be closer than we have been in previous years. We’ll give our all to make life more difficult for them.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Only fools mock Juventus

Paul Pogba is gone, Gonzalo Higuain looked fat in his debut, but history should have

learned that it’s foolish to mock Juventus, writes Vincent Van Genechten.

http://www.football-italia.net/89036/only-fools-mock-juventus

Aug 10, 2016

What a busy summer it has been for Juventus. The 2015 one was quite pressing, with the departures of Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal, and the consequent incoming transfers of Paulo Dybala, Sami Khedira, Mario Mandzukic, Alex Sandro and Simone Zaza.

But how about paying a club record €90m for Gonzalo Higuain, while also securing Miralem Pjanic, Dani Alves, Marko Pjaca, Mehdi Benatia, and Mario Lemina, and then selling Paul Pogba for a world record €110m fee to Manchester United? A player they got for free four years ago, making the Frenchman’s transfer by far the most profitable one in history.

The Old Lady’s comeback from the ashes of Calciopoli and Serie B is nothing but remarkable. Not even the biggest Inter fans are able to deny that about their most fierce rivals. Despite the fact that the Nerazzurri, Napoli and even Roma have enjoyed solid summer transfer campaigns, Juve remain the clear-cut favourites to win next season’s Scudetto.

Still, it looks like people haven’t learned that only fools mock the Bianconeri. It was evident at how Juve crawled back from Serie B to winning five consecutive Serie A titles, with a record sixth one in the making. The Turin club was burned to the ground, mocked and laughed at by rivals, who hoped Juve would be gone for an extensive time.

But the Old Lady weren’t and here they are again, wheeling and dealing on the transfer market like no other Italian club is able to do. But many have short memories and the mocking has once again started.

Just look at how social media exploded when a picture of a not so slim Higuain in his Juve debut against West Ham appeared. The Argentine has already been dubbed a transfer bust, ignoring the fact that he had been training for just more than a week after enjoying a well deserved vacation. Can’t a man have a little break once in a while?

In addition, the 28-year-old striker has never been a physical monster, relying more on his brains than his abdominals to score goals. Higuain undoubtedly will struggle at first at Juventus, trying to find his place in a new team and a new lineup. But mocking Juventus for spending big on him before his first official game? Too fast.

On to selling Pogba. Losing the French midfielder will hurt Juventus, who’ll miss his creativity, running, athleticism, and ball-winning abilities. But the transfer was months in the making and pretty much inevitable. Resisting that amount of money was impossible for player and club. So everything makes sense in the end.

But again, some laughter appeared about Juve “losing their best player,” giving up a lead in the Scudetto race, and Pogba trolling for months before eventually leaving the club. Foolish, as the Bianconeri have covered most of Pogba’s qualities and are only in search of a midfielder to step in and replace the Frenchman’s defensive attributes. In terms of creativity, Pjanic is a much better fit for the side anyway awaiting Claudio Marchisio’s return from injury.

Don’t be surprised if Juventus announce that extra transfer pretty soon, because this club is prepared for anything. Unlike most other Italian top clubs. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Attack Is Juventus' Biggest Area

of Concern Ahead of New Serie a Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2657297-why-attack-is-

juventus-biggest-area-of-concern-ahead-of-new-serie-a-season?

Aug 12, 2016

Just two weeks remain before the 2016/17 Serie A campaign gets underway, preparations for the new season now entering their final stages for clubs across the peninsula. Having made a dreadful start last term, Juventus will be looking for a vastly improved showing this time around.

Indeed, the Bianconeri failed to win any of their opening three games of 2015/16, with a number of issues hindering their progress. Foremost among them was a lack of quality in midfield, with key players Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira both absent through injury as the summer came to a close.

That same problem looks set to affect the team this time around, compounded by Paul Pogba's high-profile return to Manchester United.

According to their own official website, Juventus received €105 million for the 23-year-old Frenchman, but they have yet to invest any of that world-record fee in a replacement.

Miralem Pjanic has already arrived, while Mario Lemina is a much more well-rounded player than he was 12 months ago. The Gabon international is undoubtedly ready to play a much bigger role, but theBianconeri must work quickly to boost the options available to coach Massimiliano Allegri in that area of the pitch.

The former AC Milan boss has also expressed concerns about the defence, which is perhaps surprising given the sheer depth of talentJuve possess in that department. The 3-2 win over West Ham Unitedshowed that there is much work to do there, as Allegri told reporters at his post-match press conference.

“One aspect of our game, however, that we need to put right between now and the start of the campaign is that of tightening up at the back," he said, also noting that his team "have now conceded in all four of ourpre-season friendlies.”

That poor record is obviously due to the manner in which his players have returned to training, with his contingent of Italy internationals only just back from their extended break. That should rectify the lack of solidity, and it is arguably at the opposite end of the field where the real problem is to be found.

28 - Gonzalo #Higuain's goals in the last Serie A season were worth 28 points, at least 10 more than any other player. Weight.

That may be an odd conclusion given the arrival of Gonzalo Higuainand the continued presence of Paulo Dybala, while Allegri—having seen a trio of strikers net against West Ham—seems content with the weapons at his disposal at this time.

“It was pleasing to see three of the frontmen get on the scoresheet this afternoon," the coach continued in that aforementioned press conference. "In Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic, Simone Zaza and Gonzalo Higuain, we boast four top-class strikers plus there’s MarkoPjaca, who can play both as a forward and a midfielder."

On the surface there seems little reason to doubt that assessment, but a closer look reveals flaws in the logic of the 49-year-old. Firstly,Juventus may yet lose Zaza, with rumours of him heading for the exit growing stronger as the summer has progressed.

hi-res-197a25585a02c93eb08dc059a0c78553_

Dino Panato/Getty Images

Having been linked with both AC Milan and AS Roma, Wolfsburg have been prominent among the sides chasing the striker, with Premium Sport (h/t Football Italia) going so far as to say Juventus have accepted their offer.

According to a report by Gianluca Di Marzio’s website and translated by David Amoyal, the Bundesliga outfit have made a bid of around €25 million, with Zaza seemingly ready to consider moving abroad to improve his prospects.

That would leave the Bianconeri even lighter in attack, with Pjaca's role also another question mark as he has yet to represent the Old Lady in competitive action. Yet when he spoke to reporters this week, he expressed a willingness to be a flexible and versatile member of the side whenever possible.

A big black and white welcome to our new number 20! #Pjaca 

“I’ve recently been playing as a left-winger, but when I was younger I operated as an attacking central midfielder," Pjaca said at his firstpress conference with the club. "I think I can play every role in the final third of the pitch. Wherever the coach decides to use me, I will give my best and help the team.”

That adaptability could be vital even if Zaza remains, as he, Mandzukicand Higuain all ostensibly fill the same position. It is difficult to imagine a starting XI containing two of that trio enjoying much success, placing huge pressure on Dybala in only his second campaign with the Turin giants.

The Argentina international's quality cannot be questioned, however, and he proved just how effective he can be throughout last season. Finishing behind only Higuain in the race to be Serie A’s leading scorer,Dybala’s 19 goals came from just three shots per game in comparison to the Napoli star's Serie A-high mark of 5.2, per WhoScored.com.

Thanks @juventusfcen, I was looking for a comp of Dybala goals without the #MadSkillz & crap music & they delivered:http://youtu.be/4kLb2_U8TjU 

Furthermore, according to statistics provided by Squawka.com, the 22-year-old found the target with 55 percent of those efforts, and the video above showcases the impressive variety of his goals.

Yet it was arguably his dribbling and creativity which made him such an important weapon for the Bianconeri. Recording nine assists,WhoScored figures show that the number of scoring opportunities he made rose from 1.7 in 2014/15 to 2.1 last term.

Meanwhile, Squawka figures show that Dybala also completed 92 of the 152 take-ons he attempted last term, a 61 percent success rate that highlights just how effective he was in this department.

Such was his importance to Juve that he featured in 34 league games last term, plus seven of their eight UEFA Champions League fixtures. Indeed, the one European outing he missed was the second leg againstBayern Munich that resulted in the Bianconeri being eliminated from the competition.

83% - M. #Pjaca completed 83% of dribbles made at#EURO2016, fewer only than T. Kroos on 88% (10+ dribbles). Clever.

With Alvaro Morata and Juan Cuadrado no longer at the club, restingDybala becomes increasingly difficult, meaning that Pjaca’s versatility translating to Serie A will be even more vital to Allegri.

He may be helped by the presence of his compatriot Mandzukic, explaining to reporters at his introductory press conference that he had discussed his move to Turin extensively with his Croatia international team-mate.

“We talked about it, and he said some very positive things about the club,” Pjaca said per Football Italia. “He spoke very well of his team-mates and that’s one of the reasons I chose Juventus. I wanted to be part of this team from day one, and Mario helped me to make this choice.”

Also expressing his hope of winning both Serie A and the Champions League, the grand Old Lady of Italian football will be relying heavily on her newest recruit to bolster an attack that could otherwise be her biggest problem in 2016/17.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Braida on Serie A race

http://www.football-italia.net/89139/braida-serie-race

Aug 12, 2016

Ariedo Braida discusses the Juventus hegemony in Serie A and the future of Milan, Inter, Roma and Napoli.

The former director general of the Rossoneri is now working at Barcelona as their consultant, but he still carries his former colours in his heart.

“Milan are inside me, and how could it be otherwise?” said Braida. “I'll always be grateful to president Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani.

“I'd like for them to return to being 'the' Milan, the one the whole world knew about. We've acted as a model to follow. Milan are one of the most powerful brands in world football, and the buyers of the club were really buying their past. Now I hope they'll think about the future, as that's what I like to talk about.”

Changes have been afoot with the other Milanese team as well, as new Coach Frank De Boer gets ready to kick off his tenure.

“De Boer is a lad who travelled the world and had a lot of experiences, which gives him an open mentality. He doesn't know Italian football very much yet but I think he'll do well. That's what I wish for him.

“Rinus, Michels, Cruijff, Van Gaal: De Boer learnt from these names, when I think of him, I think of Ajax and their way of doing football. Barca learnt that model, and the heritage of the great masters is enduring.”

Braida was asked for a forecast of the Serie A championship, but he seems to believe there will be no competition.

“It seems so obvious. Juve are incredibly strong, although football is strange and winning six years in a row isn't easy.

“But the Bianconeri are certainly ahead of everyone. The loss of Pogba is important, but the club worked on the market with some excellent signings: Pjanic, Pjaca, Dani Alves and Higuain.

"It really is a strong squad, but then again, winning means that you can't afford a single weakness. Juve are stronger than all other teams on paper. They need one final touch, a midfielder, considering that Marchisio is injured.

“Still, Roma and Napoli are right there. The Spalletti effect on Roma was very good. He brought that group serenity that they were lacking earlier.

“He knew the environment and he was able to give them the right incentives. He didn't question Totti as a champion, only as a way of motivating everyone, and the group responded to that.

“Roma start off their next season with good chances of troubling Juve.

“As for Juve, they can make it among the first in Europe, but I'm hoping the Champions League returns to Barcelona.

“Serie A players that I'd take to Spain? Dybala, Buffon and Coach Eusebio Di Francesco. He may have been helped by working in a chilled environment like Sassuolo's, but I like his idea of football, his taste for possession, his interesting patterns.

“You can see the effects of his work, and that doesn't always happen. I think his football would go down well here, too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Saturday, August 20th, 2016 - 8:45 PM
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: 
Davide Massa 

Bernardeschi screamer in Valencia

http://www.football-italia.net/89696/bernardeschi-screamer-valencia

Aug 13, 2016

Federico Bernardeschi scored a stunner in Fiorentina’s 2-1 defeat to Valencia, but Borja Valero was stretchered off.

The Viola were at the Mestalla for this evening’s prestigious friendly and got off to a spectacular start.

After just six minutes, Bernardeschi gathered on the edge of the box and curled an unstoppable left-foot finish into the far top corner.

Davide Astori nodded just wide from a Bernardeschi free kick, but the defender gifted Valencia an equaliser with his terrible back-pass, intercepted by Rodrigo.

The hosts rattled the crossbar on 34 minutes with Paco’s header.

Fiorentina’s night took a frightening turn at the dawn of the second half when Borja Valero seemed to badly sprain his ankle. The Spanish midfielder was stretchered off in evident pain and will need tests.

It’s a worrying sight just one week before the Serie A opener against Juventus.

Just as the game seemed to be heading for a stalemate, late on Mir burst through a gap in the defence and beat Ciprian Tatarusanu for the Valencia victory.

Gonzalo Rodriguez even managed to get himself sent off for dissent, a second bookable offence, in stoppages.

Valencia 2-1 Fiorentina

Bernardeschi 6 (F), Rodrigo 17 (V), Mir 86 (V)

Valencia: Ryan (Diego Alves 46); Montoya (Cancelo 46), Vezo, Abdennour, Gayà (Lato 46); Enzo Pérez, Medrán, Parejo; Rodrigo, Santi Mina (Bakkali 73), Paco Alcácer (Rafa Mir 57)

Fiorentina: Tatarusanu; Tomovic, Gonzalo Rodriguez, Astori; Bernardeschi (Sanchez 70), Vecino (Chiesa 89), Badelj (Diks 70), Alonso; Borja Valero (Mati Fernandez 52); Rossi (Ilicic 46), Kalinic (Zarate 70)

Sent off: Gonzalo Rodriguez 93 (F)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: 
Davide Massa 

Borja Valero injury feared serious

http://www.football-italia.net/89698/borja-valero-injury-feared-serious

Aug 13, 2016

It seems unlikely Borja Valero will be ready for next week’s Serie A debut against Juventus after the Fiorentina man was stretchered off.

The midfielder sprained his right ankle during the 2-1 friendly defeat to Valenciaat the Mestalla this evening.

He was seen in tears as he was carried off the pitch and tests are needed to ascertain the extent of the damage.

Even without ligament or bone damage, it’s unlikely Borja Valero will recover from a sprain in time to face Juventus next Saturday.

The Serie A opener is a huge fixture for the Viola, who have a long-standing rivalry with Serie A champions Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: 
Davide Massa 

Allegri considers dropping Higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/89773/allegri-considers-dropping-higuain

Aug 15, 2016

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri could drop €90m man Gonzalo Higuain for the Serie A opener against Fiorentina.

The striker played 90 minutes in the 2-2 friendly draw against Espanyol, but was unable to get on the scoresheet for his new club, having joined from Napoli for a Serie A record fee.

Now Tuttosport is reporting that Allegri is likely to start with Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala up-front for the Bianconeri’s first Serie A fixture of the season.

Dybala came on at half-time in the Espanyol game and had a huge impact, creating the first goal and scoring a last-minute equaliser.

Higuain scored 36 goals in 35 Serie A games last season, but it appears he may have to wait for his first competitive start for the Old Lady.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Guardiola: 'Forza Roma!' :|

http://www.football-italia.net/89870/guardiola-forza-roma

Aug 16, 2016

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wished Roma and Brescia all the best, while Juventus “have done extraordinary things.”

The Coach spoke to Mediaset Premium after his side won the Champions League preliminary round 5-0 away to Steaua Bucharest, despite Sergio Aguero missing two first half penalties.

Tomorrow evening Roma – one of two Serie A clubs Guardiola played for in his career – take on Porto in the Champions League play-off.

“I wish Roma all the best and really hope they go forward in the Champions League,” said the Spaniard.

“I’d love to see Milan and Inter back in the Champions League and my old club Brescia in Serie A.”

Juventus have to be considered one of the contenders for the trophy this season after bringing in the likes of Miralem Pjanic, Gonzalo Higuain, Dani Alves and Marko Pjaca.

“Juventus have done extraordinary things over the last few years, so they are absolutely among the favourites.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

De Boer: 'Juventus may be weaker'

http://www.football-italia.net/89881/de-boer-juventus-may-be-weaker

Aug 17, 2016

Inter's Frank De Boer says 'it's not a given that Juventus will be stronger', and discusses Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik.

The Bianconeri will be the team to beat for the new Coach, especially now that they reinforced themselves with Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain and Roma's Miralem Pjanic.

“They're a great team, their squad is exceptional,” De Boer admitted to La Gazzetta dello Sport. “They added Higuain, and at the same time they lost [Paul] Pogba.

We must understand how they're going to play in the midfield, and it's not a given that they'll be stronger than last year.

“They have some great names, but we don't know yet whether these great names can also be a great team.

“Inter's objective is making it into the Champions League, there are no excuses. Everything else we still have to verify, but we're going to try. With the right levels of organisation and a good mentality, you can achieve anything in football.

“It's going to be extremely challenging on all fronts anyway, because Roma, Napoli, Lazio, Fiorentina and Milan are excellent teams and must be respected.”

Napoli only just signed a Arkadiusz Milik, a player from De Boer's former team, Ajax.

“He can do very well. He's a real striker, best fitted for the 4-4-2, with energy and quality, and one of the best left-foot shots in Europe.

“He may have some problems in the 4-3-3, but he's young and he can improve. His speed isn't of the highest, but he has great margins of growth. If he were faster too, he'd cost as much as Higuain.”

Inter's first game in the championship will be this Sunday, August 21, against Chievo.

“I know they play a 4-4-2 that turns into a diamond, they're a team that is unafraid and who know how to counter.

“It's a good test, not least for me, and if we won't defend well as a team, we'll come up against some very serious risks. We'll need pre-emptive marking and great organisation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee:
Davide Massa   

Sanchez: ‘Fiorentina can beat Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/89901/sanchez-‘fiorentina-can-beat-juventus’?

Aug 17, 2016

New Fiorentina signing Carlos Sanchez insists they’ll “play to win” against Juventus on Saturday.

Serie A gets underway this weekend, and the Viola’s first match sees them travel to Turin to face the champions.

“I played 20 minutes against Valencia and it left a good impression, the squad and the Coach have a lot of clear ideas,” Sanchez explained in his presentation Press conference.

“In terms of Saturday, we know Juve are a great team with strong players, but Fiorentina must focus on ourselves and figure out how to beat the Bianconeri.

“It’s an important game, we know that, but we have to play to win against everyone, not just Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: 
Davide Massa 

Juventus-Fiorentina fury

The intense rivalry has been burning for decades and means a lot to both sides, writes Chloe Beresford.

http://www.football-italia.net/89942/juventus-fiorentina-fury?

Aug 18, 2016

When the new season’s fixtures were announced, the first match of the season provoked a sharp intake of breath from fans of Serie A. Juventus would be going up against their bitter rivals Fiorentina.

Some say that the vitriol between the clubs is one-sided, that this non-geographical rivalry is fuelled by the smaller team’s jealousy. The look on Antonio Conte’s face in Florence in October 2013 said otherwise. It was not supposed to happen. Fiorentina hadn’t read the script.

After two consecutive Scudetti under Conte, Juventus had started 2013-14 where they had left off, unbeaten in seven games, their only draw coming away to Inter in mid-September. When they took on bitter rivals Fiorentina at the Stadio Artemio Franchi on October 20 it was business as usual at half time, a Carlos Tevez penalty and goal from Paul Pogba putting the champions 2-0 up.

But in the 66th minute, the game changed when Fiorentina were awarded a spot kick of their own. Giuseppe Rossi was the man to pull one back, sparking a 12-minute goal flurry that would put the home side ahead by three goals to two. Such a narrow lead should have set up a nervy finish against such dominant opponents, but in the 80th minute, Pepito Rossi sealed his hat-trick and his place in Viola history.

Coming from 2-0 down to win against the Bianconeri is a rarity in itself, but the Tuscan club hadn’t beaten their rivals in a competitive fixture since 2008, and before that it was way back in the 1998-99 campaign. Despite losing to La Viola in 2013, Juve would go on to score a record-breaking 102 points that season, amassing a staggering 37 points more than fourth-placed Fiorentina.

Make no mistake, this result meant something to both teams who hate to lose to the other.

After such a poor start to the previous campaign, the Bianconeri will face a mouth-watering opener against Fiorentina on August 20. There will be no doubt that Paulo Sousa’s men will be gunning to repeat their only victory at the Juventus Stadium, when two Mohamed Salah goals gave them an unexpected first leg lead in the 2014-15 Coppa Italia Semi-Final. 

That Juventus reached the Final that year with a comprehensive 3-0 victory at the Franchi after their rivals had done the hard part of the job away from home, is to get to the crux of why the hatred is felt so strongly in Florence. Whilst the Old Lady can distract herself from the Tuscans with all her silverware, her adversary continues to focus on what could have been.

In the eyes of Fiorentina fans, the ‘ladri’ or thieves of Italy’s most successful club have not only ‘stolen’ players from their club and others around the peninsula, but took a coveted Scudetto from them back in 1982.

Heading into the final game of that campaign equal on points, the Viola only managed a 0-0 draw with Cagliari and had a seemingly valid Giancarlo Antognoni goal disallowed. Meanwhile, Juventus played Catanzaro, winning 1-0 after Liam Brady converted a penalty deemed questionable by those in purple.

The flames of the feud sparked by these events were fanned by Fiorentina’s owner Andrea Della Valle in 2012, when he told the Press that it had been “30 years since the ‘virtual’ Scudetto of 1982,” going on to say that they celebrate it because “everyone feels it in their chest.”

If those feelings were still raw 30 years later, imagine the scenes in Florence when Roberto Baggio’s goals took them to the UEFA Cup Final just seven seasons later. The Tuscan side were not only defeated in that game by their now bitter rivals Juventus, but the victorious side went on to sign their goal-scoring hero Baggio that summer, prompting riots in the streets.

These wounds still run deep in Florence, which is exactly the reason why the Bianconeri will be expecting their visitors on August 20 to be supercharged. Fiorentina may not win often against their rivals, but every victory is worth 100 to them.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

No Pogba, no problem: Dybala, Higuain & Juventus

in a league of their own in Serie A

Goal’s Mark Doyle previews Juventus and all of their traditional rivals - including

AC Milan, Inter, Roma and Napoli - ahead of the 2016-17 Serie A season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/08/18/26628742/-?

Aug 18, 2016

While looking ahead to the new Serie A season, AC Milan defender Luca Antonelli, argued, "Other than Juve, there aren’t many teams better than us." It was an unintentionally damning indictment of the current state of Italy's top flight. Essentially, there is Juve - and then there are the rest.

The Bianconeri have won each of the last five titles, equalling the record set by 'Il Grande Torino' between 1943 and 1949. Nobody doubts that the Old Lady will collect a sixth successive Scudetto next summer. As former Italy international Marco Tardelli recently told the Gazzetta dello Sport , "There is no rival in Serie A for Juventus." This is in spite of the fact that this summer the Bianconeri lost their most prized possession, Paul Pogba.

probabile-formazione-juventus_y64mqpusum

However, unlike Bologna's Amadou Diawara and Torino's Nikola Maksimovic, Pogba didn't just go AWOL, he returned to Manchester United with the consent of Juve, who were compensated to the tune of €105 million for a player that they prised away from Old Trafford four years ago for just €920,000 in compensation. While the France international has not yet been directly replaced, which is a concern for a side shorn of the services of Claudio Marchisio until November at the earliest, it is likely that Juve will sign one - if not two - new midfielders before the close of the transfer market on August 31. Roma's star man Miralem Pjanic has already been purchased for a bargain price of €32m in order to bring extra technique and creativity to the middle third of the pitch.

Furthermore, the Bianconeri have already strengthened excellently elsewhere, adding depth to the best defence in the game today by signing Medhi Benatia from Bayern Munich, as well as boosting their attacking options out wide with the arrival of the still dynamic Dani Alves from Barcelona. However, Juve's most eye-catching acquisition was that of Gonzalo Higuain. Ninety million euros is an obscene amount of money for a 28-year-old but Juve believe that the Argentine attacker is capable of firing them to Champions League glory. Doubts remain over his ability to deliver on the game's grandest stages, but he is coming off the back of the most prolific single season in the history of Serie A.

Of course, it is disconcerting that he arrived in Turin carrying a few extra pounds. "I was shocked to see Higuain [turn up at Juve overweight]," exclaimed Robert Prosinecki. "He is even fatter than I! They paid €90m for him and he arrived looking like a little pig!"

However, the former Croatia international added, "They will get him fit soon." And when they do, he should form a lethal partnership with compatriot Paulo Dybala, who has picked up in pre-season where he left off last term by producing sublime strikes with a wondrous left foot. He is, as Arrigo Sacchi stated recently, "a phenomenon". Thus, the feeling is that even if Juve start the season sluggishly, as they did 12 months ago, they will once again have far too much firepower for any other side in Serie A.

probabile-formazione-napoli_1hyiniu8bhb1

Napoli, of course, threatened to challenge last season but Higuain's 36 goals (in just 35 matches!) fuelled that title tilt and the Partenopei are still looking for a worthy successor to their former idol. Arkadiusz Milik has arrived from Ajax, while Manolo Gabbiadini offered a timely reminder of his consistently overlooked quality by netting four times in a 5-0 friendly success over Monaco, but club president Aurelio De Laurentiis is still searching for a star striker to appease the club's disgruntled supporters.

The film producer has toyed with the idea of splashing €60m on Mauro Icardi but new Inter boss Frank De Boer insists that he does not want to lose the limited but lethal 23-year-old. Indeed, the Dutch coach is intent on adding quality players to his squad - not losing any. Still, Ever Banega and Antonio Candreva - two players signed before the inevitable departure of De Boer's predecessor, Roberto Mancini - already look right at home at San Siro and if Inter can wrap up a deal for Joao Mario and pick up a top-class centre-half before the window shuts, they will be reasonably well equipped to at least fight for a Champions League place.

inter-2016-17_1wl0c7vurvgqf14duc850su9qk

City rivals Milan are also dreaming of a return to Europe's top table and Silvio Berlusconi's long overdue decision to finally hand over control of the club offers legitimate grounds for optimism. Whatever one thinks about Sinisa Mihajlovic's short, unsuccessful spell in charge at San Siro last season, his cause was hardly aided by a president who wanted to both run the club and the dressing room. “I can imagine how hard that must have been for him," the sympathetic Serb stated earlier this week. "He wasn't just the most successful president in the world for 30 years but also Milan's No.1 fan. The problems emerge when these two roles are no longer sufficient and you want to be the coach as well. I mean, he never kept his ideas to himself."

Thankfully, new coach Vincenzo Montella will not have to deal with such prohibitive interference. The only problem is that the money the club's new Chinese owners have promised to invest will not arrive until 2017 (€100m will be made available for the January transfer window, with a further €50m allocated for the following summer). Montella is thus in the rather unenviable position of knowing that Milan have to sell if they want to buy before the start of the new season. As a result, the Rossoneri will kick off their campaign with great uncertainty surrounding their two most valuable assets, Carlos Bacca, who hit 20 goals in all competitions last term, and Mattia De Sciglio, one of the surprise stars of Italy's Euro 2016 campaign. Montella, though, worked within tight financial restraints at Fiorentina and still managed to lead the Viola to three fourth-placed finishes in a row. His presence at the helm thus offers Milan fans genuine hope for the future.

ac-milan-2016-17_1rebgiyhwrkow1v6hs3crk7

There is also understandable excitement in the Italian capital - at least in one half of the city. Sadly, Lazio's summer was one of farce and frustration, with Marcelo Bielsa resigning as coach just two days after accepting the job. Hardly surprising, then, that just 11 season tickets were sold on the first day of sales!

Of course, Roma supporters are still upset that their beloved curva was last season divided up for safety reasons but they have, at least, taken great encouragement out of their excellent preparations for the new campaign, with the Giallorossi winning all six of their friendly fixtures before claiming a creditable 1-1 draw away to Porto in the first leg of their Champions League play-off. The battling first-leg performance in Portugal merely served to cement the impression that Luciano Spalletti is capable of building upon the excellent job he did upon returning to the Stadio Olimpico midway through last season to clean up the mess left behind by Rudi Garcia. Certainly, any side with exciting talents such as Mo Salah and Stephan El Shaarawy will be worth watching this term, while Kevin Strootman's expected return to full fitness could take the edge off Pjanic's departure.

However, the fact remains that the Bosnian's move to Juventus had much the same effect as Higuain's transfer to Turin, in that it weakened a prospective title challenger and strengthened the reigning champions. Spalletti insisted that such moves "raise the overall quality of Serie A" but while those deals have put the Bianconeri in a position to win the Champions League, they have made it impossible for anyone else to sustain a Scudetto challenge. That is not a positive situation, neither for the Old Lady nor for the league.

probabile-formazione-roma_z3yhl8hfwl3q1s

Sassuolo still represent a shining example of what a well-run club can achieve – it is no coincidence that they are the only top-flight club other than Juve to have their own stadium – and, having retained the services of Domenico Berardi for another season, the Neroverdi could once again embarrass many members of Italy’s supposed elite. However, it would be naïve to expect Eusebio Di Francesco’s side to put themselves in a position to ‘do a Leicester’, particularly with the added burden of European football to contend with this season.

In truth, it is up to the traditional superpowers to follow the lead set by Sassuolo and get their houses in order. If they don’t, the Italian game will continue to suffer. As Tardelli lamented, "Unfortunately, it is not just that Juve are missing a real rival, it is that Serie A is missing out overall.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Season preview: Juventus favoured,

but Roma and Napoli will contend

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/12/blog/post/2931572/serie-a-

preview-juventus-are-favourites-roma-and-napoli-strong-contenders

Aug 18, 2016

The upcoming season in Serie A feels an awful lot like the Giro d'Italia in 1930. Back then, La Gazzetta dello Sport editor Emilio Colombo feared other riders, cycling fans and readers of his paper were losing interest after the dominant Alfredo Binda had won the race four years running. So Colombo decided to make him an offer. He wrote a cheque for what he might expect to earn in exchange for Binda's withdrawal from that year's race. Binda accepted.

Following the signings of Mehdi Benatia, Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic, Marko Pjaca and Gonzalo Higuain by five-time champions Juventus, fans of other clubs may be asking Gazzetta to make the Old Lady a similar offer this season. Does anyone else really stand a chance?

Three Big Storylines

Totti's Goodbye

This season will be special not only because it is Francesco Totti's 25th with Roma, but more poignantly because it looks like it will also be his last as a player. Daniele De Rossi, Totti's fellow Roman, also enters the final year of his contract. Winning the Scudetto is a tough ask, but it would be a fitting and deserving end to the careers of two legends of the Italian game.

New owners in Milan

The Milan clubs both have new Chinese owners and now appear to have the firepower to be seriously competitive again. Having said that, patience is needed. Inter still have to respect the voluntary agreement the previous regime struck with UEFA regarding FFP, although you have to say they are being creative about getting around it and are building a very strong team. Meanwhile the delay in Milan's takeover, which isn't to be completed until the end of the year and brings the curtain down on Silvio Berlusconi's 30 years at the club, has held them back and, for now at least, they are doing things on the cheap. When promised investment comes from the new owners, it will be interesting to see what kind of impact it has for Vincenzo Montella's club.

Lazio fans on the brink

Lazio fans have long been disillusioned with owner Claudio Lotito. Leaving aside the partitioning of the Curva Nord, the farcical appointment of Marcelo Bielsa (while by no means a cure-all) would have at least encouraged them back to the Olimpico. Two days after Lazio announced their new coach, he didn't show up for his unveiling. Bielsa was still in Buenos Aires and resigned. His reasoning: broken promises and the fans believed Bielsa. It was the beginning of a long hot summer: Keita Balde Diao briefly went on strike, Antonio Candreva was sold to Inter and fan protests are expected to intensify this season.

Marquee signings

Gonzalo Higuain: Napoli to Juventus, £76.5m

As audacious as it was acrimonious, you probably have to go back to the summer of 1990 -- when Juventus bought Roberto Baggio from Fiorentina -- to find a transfer that caused as much of an uproar. Questions have been raised about the wisdom of breaking the Serie A transfer record for a 28-year-old, but people forget Higuain was one of the top three strikers in the world last season and broke the most hallowed record in Italy: the goal scoring one of the great Gunnar Nordahl which had stood since 1950.

Gonzalo Higuain
Gonzalo Higuain moved from Napoli to Juventus for a Serie A record fee over the summer.

Ever Banega: Sevilla to Inter, free transfer

For too long Inter's midfield has been full of players who could probably carry a piano but couldn't play it. Felipe Melo and Gary Medel are both nicknamed "Pitbull" for crying out loud. Inter's principal issue since Esteban Cambiasso left has been one of having too many carpenters and not enough architects. Ever Banega solves that and runs close with Dani Alves as the best free agent of the summer to move to Serie A.

Arkadiusz Milik: Ajax to Napoli, £27.2m

His former coach at Ajax, Frank de Boer, says he has got "the best left foot I have ever seen;" Dennis Bergkamp calls it "a magic wand." Milik scored 24 goals for his club last season and his partnership with Robert Lewandowski for Poland was the hottest in qualifying for Euro 2016 as well. Napoli are establishing a similar reputation to Atletico Madrid in signing top striker after top striker. Milik follows Edinson Cavani and Higuain. However, he will have to fight for a starting berth with the much-underrated Manolo Gabbiadini.

Big departures

Paul Pogba: Juventus to Manchester United, £89.3m

Serie A is the big loser here. Pogba's departure is a blow because the league's only representative on the 23-man Ballon d'Or shortlist is gone and boy he was fun to watch. It hasn't made Juventus any weaker though. Instead they look stronger for it. The silver lining is that they have redistributed the wealth, spending it mostly within the league. The flip side is that taking away your rivals' best players is tantamount to "doing a Bayern" and threatens to diminish competitiveness

Alvaro Morata: Juventus to Real Madrid, £25.5m

Few people outside of Italy understood the hype about Morata. But he established himself as a man for the big occasion, particularly in the Champions League, and can play with anyone in attack in any configuration: off the striker in a partnership, next to him centrally, or out wide in a trident. Max Allegri will miss him.

Franco Vazquez: Palermo to Sevilla, £12.75m

A Lego enthusiast, few players built attacks quite like Vazquez in Serie A. Memories of his partnership with Paulo Dybala the season before last have yet to fade. A wonderfully understated dribbler, it would have been great to see them reunited or for Vazquez to get a bigger move within Serie A.

Who will win the league?

Treated as a foregone conclusion, everyone expects Juventus to win six, even seven in a row. Allegri has warned it will not be as straight forward as people think. Napoli will miss Higuain, but not as much as one might expect. The team was as much the star as he was last season. They broke records for points and goals scored. The defence greatly improved and depth has been added. Piotr Zielinski and Marko Rog bring invention, while Gabbiadini will finally step out from Higuain's shadow and reveal himself to be the most complete and prolific Italian striker under the age of 25.

Roma shouldn't be written off either. They lost just once in the league under Luciano Spalletti and averaged 2.42 points per game. Extrapolate that over a 38-game season and you get 91.96. That'll run Juve close. When reviewing Roma's chances, people forget the business they did in January: Diego Perotti and Stephan El Shaarawy both made instant impacts and Mohamed Salah is electric. As for the summer, losing Pjanic is a blow but keeping Radja Nainggolan and Kostas Manolas probably represents their best business. Kevin Strootman is like a new signing after an injury-hit campaign last season and cover has been found for the defence. Fans are also hoping Bruno Peres turns out to be the new Cafu.

Much is also expected of Inter as they made a serious title challenge for half of last season. Sacking Roberto Mancini and bringing in De Boer just a fortnight before the season is not ideal, but if Victor Lindelof, Joao Mario and Gabigol follow Banega and Candreva into the club, and Mauro Icardi stays, then a return to the Champions League should be their minimum objective.

Battle at the Bottom

Serie B champions Crotone have lost their coach Ivan Juric to Genoa, their top scorer Ante Budimir to Sampdoria and will play 600km away in Pescara, who join them in Serie A via the playoffs. They are also tipped to go straight back down after losing second division Capocannoniere Gianluca Lapadula to Milan.

Cagliari look the most likely of the newly promoted sides to survive. They have added Serie A experience in the form of Simone Padoin and Marco Borriello, as well as the veteran Portuguese centre-back Bruno Alves. Unfortunately for Palermo, no one does self-sabotage quite like their owner Maurizio Zamparini. They deserve better.

Udinese begin life without Antonio Di Natale and have flirted with relegation the last couple of years. Elsewhere, long-serving assistant Giovanni Martusciello takes over at Empoli. Is he the right man for their rebuild?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: ‘Roma and Napoli weaker…’

http://www.football-italia.net/89970/elkann-‘roma-and-napoli-weaker…’?

Aug 18, 2016

Exor CEO John Elkann says Juventus are “enthusiastic” for the new season, noting “Roma and Napoli are less strong than last year…”

Elkann is in charge of the holding company which controls the Bianconeri, and was asked for his opinion on a visit to the Rio Olympics.

“Juve have a squad with great individuality and new faces, there’s enthusiasm,” the industrialist told ANSA.

“Roma and Napoli without Pjanic and Higuain are less strong than last year…

“Allegri has already shown that he can put a group together with newly-arrived players.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: Davide Massa 

Massa for Juventus-Fiorentina

http://www.football-italia.net/89979/di-bello-roma-udinese

Aug 18, 2016

Marco Di Bello will be the referee for the Serie A curtain-raiser between Roma and Udinese as the Week 1 referees are announced.

The Giallorossi get the new season underway when they welcome the Zebrette to Stadio Olimpico for the 5pm kick-off on Saturday.

The last time Di Bello took charge of the Lupi was the Coppa Italia exit to Spezia, while Udinese have happier memories of a 1-1 draw with Sassuolo.

Elsewhere, Massimiliano Irrati will take charge of Inter’s trip to Chievo, Davide Massa is the man in the middle for Juventus-Fiorentina.

Serie A Week 1 Referees

Atalanta-Lazio - Luca Banti
Bologna-Crotone - Claudio Gavillucci
Chievo-Inter - Massimiliano Irrati
Empoli-Sampdoria - Maurizio Mariani
Genoa-Cagliari - Daniele Orsato
Juventus-Fiorentina - Davide Massa
Milan-Torino - Antonio Damato
Palermo-Sassuolo - Luca Pairetto
Pescara-Napoli - Piero Giacomelli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Fab Juve with Higuain-Dybala'

http://www.football-italia.net/89999/elkann-fab-juve-higuain-dybala?

Aug 19, 2016

John Elkann calls Juventus' new attacking couple 'fabulous', whilst worrying about Napoli and Roma.

The Exor CEO is currently enjoying the Olympics in Rio, but in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, he also discussed the new team he assembled for Serie A.

“I'd say the squad has been greatly reinforced,” said Elkann. “It's more experienced and there's a fabulous collective.

“There are many new faces, from [Miralem] Pjanic to [Medhi] Benatia, from [Gonzalo] Higuain to Dani Alves, but [Coach Max] Allegri is a master when it comes to funnelling the strength of individuals into that of the collective.

“Juve's been one of the strongest teams in the world for years now. In 2015 we reached the Champions League final, and this year we lost in Munich by a hair.

“I'm curious to see Higuain wearing our colours. He makes for a fabulous couple with [Paulo] Dybala, but winning the Champions League depends on details that don't always come down to the strength of a team. Take the last final, for instance: Atletico Madrid deserved more, but Real won the cup.”

Although confident, Elkann didn't want to consider the idea that Juventus had already won the Scudetto.

“That's an awful mistake! Sports and these Olympics in particular teach us that nothing can be taken for granted. On the contrary, the favourite runs the greatest risk.

“In sports, no less than in life, even the best make mistakes. And it takes hard work to prevent them.

“Our competitors? I still see Napoli and Roma at the same level. Without Higuain and Pjanic our two adversaries are a little weakened, but they're still extremely strong.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Season Preview: Serie A 2016-17

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/08/season-preview-serie-a-2016-17/?

Aug 19, 2016

With €155 million already spent this summer and another Serie A title in their sights, opposition fans will be praying for anything to stop the Old Lady of Juventus dominating another 12 months of domestic competition.

Whether it be a Leicester-style upset or fairytale end to the career of Roma legend Francesco Totti, any side close to challenging the Bianconeri will probably receive widespread support throughout the Peninsula.

However, while strengthening in preparation of Paul Pogba and Alvaro Morata’s departure to the Premier League and La Liga, Juventus have weakened their closest rivals, Napoli and Roma, with the capture of Gonzalo Higuain and Miralem Pjanic.

panic juventus

With Kevin Strootman fit and ready for the upcoming campaign, Stephan El-Shaarawy expected to continue where he left off last year and a scattering of young talent, though, Totti could still wave goodbye (we assume) in perfect fashion.

Ajax’s Arkadiusz Milik was chosen to replace the Parentopei’s record-breaking Capocannonieri, after an impressive Euro 2016 with Poland, but a €35m price tag will not help when following the Argentine and the 22-year-old may be too inexperienced to shoot them into pole position.

Unfortunately, given Juventus account for a third of this summer’s transfer expenditure, new challengers are hard to find, particularly as fourth biggest spenders Inter (€46m) saw coach Roberto Mancini exit less than two weeks before kick-off.

Italian football needs a strong Milanese duo, however, the Nerazzurri and neighbours AC Milan are still some way from mounting a significant challenge to the Bianconeri juggernaut, and with both in the midst of takeovers, supporters are probably expecting another year of frustration.

With Sevilla hero Ever Banega and Lazio’s Antonio Candreva adding to what was already one of Serie A’s strongest squads, though, Inter could yet realise their dream of returning to Europe’s top table – if not the Scudetto.

Milan have yet another new face in the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza dugout, Vincenzo Montella, after Sinisa Mihajlovic failed to inspire the Rossoneri hierarchy, and the hope is that new owners finally allow the time clearly needed to develop a competitive side.

However, with 11 changes this summer, time is something many Serie A coaches are rarely afforded – although the three-day tenure of Marcelo Bielsa at Lazio still managed to make headlines.

Simone Inzaghi steps up once again for the Biancocelesti, and with moderate backing in the transfer market will be hopeful that they can force their way into the European places, as will Sampdoria after prizing the talented coach Marco Giampaolo away from Empoli.

Arriving in Serie A this season are Cagliari, Crotone, and Pescara. The Sardinians looking best prepared for top-flight survival after bouncing back at the first attempt in style, while the others could be in for a stiffer test, particularly given the exits of Gianluca Lapadula (Milan) and Rolando Mandragora (Juventus) for the Delfini.

However, supporters should look at the recent success os Sassuolo – finishing sixth last term – andEmpoli, for reminders that not everything that goes up comes straight back down.

With the exit of Giampaolo, Empoli could be candidates to slip out of Serie A this year at the expense of one of the promoted three, and the same will go for Torino who lost the long-serving coach Giampiero Ventura to national duty and defensive rock Kamil Glik to Monaco.

Udinese have also been on the slide for some time, but have invested heavily in comparison to their relegation rivals, while Chievo and the consistently mismanaged Palermo will no doubt flirt with relegation throughout.

Therefore, Serie A audiences could be set for a season of little change over the next 10 months, and although Juventus stand on the brink of a historic sixth consecutive title, it will be a success that even the neutrals will struggle to cheer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sacchi: 'Juve a decade ahead'

http://www.football-italia.net/90003/sacchi-juve-decade-ahead?

Aug 19, 2016

Arrigo Sacchi agrees with the view that Juventus have booked the next Scudetto: 'They are 10 years ahead of their competitors'.

The Bianconeri followed a striking and often not very popular strategy of stealing the best players from their direct opponents this summer, and as a result they now seem the only credible candidate for the championship.

“Let's say that if things stay as they are, then [Coach Max] Allegri's team would have good, very good odds of winning the title,” Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “The club is 10 years ahead of their competitors.

“The Coach knows Italian football like the back of his hand and is a great tactician. The players are, individually, the best. Now they must become more European, more proactive in their game.

“Italian teams, and Juve are no different in this, tend to fall back once they take the lead, to defend the 1-0. But I like those teams that keep dominating, that play their game independently of the result. In Europe this philosophy leads to victory.”

The former Milan Coach was asked what he thought about the Old Lady's two most prominent signings, Miralem Pjanic from Roma and Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli.

“When are we going to understand, here in Italy, that the game of football is a collective business? The individuals are important only if the collective works.

“They signed two great players and weakened their direct rivals. Now let's see if these signings work. For instance, I'm curious to see how much Napoli will miss Higuain, and how much Higuain is going to miss Napoli's game. This is not a detail to be underestimated.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sacchi evaluates Serie A teams

http://www.football-italia.net/90004/sacchi-evaluates-serie-teams

Aug 19, 2016

Arrigo Sacchi says Roma are second to Juventus, Napoli have the best Coach, Inter have good ideas and Milan are a dark horse.

The reverend Italian Coach believes that the Old Lady is the undiscussed favourite to win the Scudetto, but the other teams have many qualities not to be taken lightly.

“Who do I see behind Juve? Roma,” Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “[Coach Luciano] Spalletti is very good and very knowledgeable.

“I watched his game against Porto. Roma dominated over the first half-hour. After the 1-0 goal they started pulling back, then there was the red card for [Thomas] Vermaelen and everything became more complicated.

“But if Spalletti can fix Roma's game when not in possession, then the team can go far.

“Napoli is still to be discovered. But there's one certainty, which is [Coach Maurizio] Sarri. He is an excellent trainer, although only the Lord can do miracles.

“Let's say that he lost something individually, but he can keep surprising in terms of the game expressed. Napoli are one of the few Italian teams with a style. When I watch them, I can see the hand of the Coach, they have a very precise identity. When it comes to Napoli, it's rather the environment that needs a leap ahead in quality.”

The 70-year-old was then asked about Inter and Milan, two teams which completed an historic transition and were acquired by Chinese business conglomerates.

“Inter changed ownership and Coach, and these things can have an effect on the performance of the players. [Frank] De Boer is a knowledgeable Coach, he has innovative ideas and is an intelligent man.

“I tried taking him to Parma, back when he still played and I was a director. Now we must see whether he has the right men to impose his ideas. But it seems to me that the human material is of a good level.

“Milan are impossible to decipher. Montella is smart, he gives a very clear style to his teams. The players must be humble and willing to make sacrifices.

“And everyone must work hard to rediscover the pride of belonging. They're part of a club that wrote the history of football and they must be happy about that. This is the starting point.

“Fiorentina? [Paulo] Sousa is one of the best coaches around. He demands of his teams that they dominate the pitch, even when his players don't have the technical quality of his opponents. I like that type of courage.

“This year's surprises? If Inter can absorb De Boer's methods quickly, they could become a bomb. But watch out for Sassuolo and Empoli. [Eusebio] Di Francesco is a very well-prepared Coach, one who can teach football.

“And Empoli were at times magnificent last season. They dominated the game against opponents that spent much more than they did on the market.

“It means they worked in depth. Besides, I like Sassuolo because they have many Italians. We must invest in our resources, in terms of senior and youth teams alike. What's going to become of us otherwise?”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Ultimate Guide to Juventus' 2016/17 Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2658475-ultimate-guide-to-juventus-201617-season?

Aug 19, 2016

For Juventus, the 2016/17 campaign could come to represent a tipping point for the current side; a measuring stick of just how good the team can be under the leadership of Massimiliano Allegri.

The coach has enjoyed two fantastic seasons at the helm of the Turin giants, but simply repeating his previous accomplishments might not be considered to be a success this time around.

His first year saw the club end a two-decade wait for a Coppa Italia victory, adding that to a fourth-consecutive Serie A title and an appearance in the UEFA Champions League final, only to see some huge names walk away.

2 - Juventus are the first club to win both the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia for two seasons in a row. Double.

Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal all moved on, meaning Allegri had a difficult task in moulding a brand new side together as 2015/16 got under way. It was initially a disaster.

Winning just three of their opening 10 matches, the Bianconeri needed to set a new club record for consecutive victories (15) and a new league-high for minutes without conceding a goal (973) in order to clinch Lo Scudetto once again.

Alvaro Morata would bag a 110th-minute goal to seal a second-consecutive domestic double, but the Old Lady was eliminated early from Europe. A last-16 clash with Bayern Munich saw them crash out, but the club have gone all-in on achieving even greater success when the new campaign begins.

New signings

hi-res-a1ff1ee8a9457f8cb6c9c294ebf1832a_

Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

The best just got even better. How can Juventus increase their already obvious dominance over the rest of Serie A? Well, taking the best player from each of their closest rivals would be an obvious answer, and this summer it seems the Bianconeri have done exactly that.

They needed to break another club record to do so, but their officialwebsite revealed that the Bianconeri paid €90 million to snatch Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli. He arrives having scored a staggering 36 goals in 35 appearances last term, the highest single-season tally in Serie A history.

Given that they already boasted a superb front two of Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic, it is an addition that gives Allegri a wealth of attacking options, but the Old Lady was not done there.

Another €32 million was handed to AS Roma in exchange for Miralem Pjanic, robbing the Giallorossi of their star midfielder while adding some much-needed creativity and passing into their own starting XI.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Gonzalo Higuaín, Dani Alves & Marko Pjaca made their Juventus debuts on Sunday. #UCL stars in 2016/17? #UCL

Few players have made as much impact in the middle of the pitch as the former Lyon man in recent seasons, his wonderful blend of intelligent distribution, tactical awareness and deadly set-piece accuracy all standing out.

Able to play in a variety of roles, he now brings those attributes to Turin, much to the delight of Allegri. “I think Pjanic will become one of the best in the world,” the Juve boss told Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia) earlier this month, and few would bet against such an idea.

Brazil international Dani Alves has arguably already been the best on the planet in his wing-back role, and he too brings a wealth of Champions League-winning experience to a Bianconeri side desperate for success in that competition.

Former Roma and Bayern defender Medhi Benatia has also joined on loan, while Croatia starlet Marko Pjaca is one player hoping to benefit from the presence of so much veteran talent, as he explained at his introductory press conference:

I chose Juventus with my heart, and not because of money, because that's how I've always done it.

I chose Juventus because this is a great club with a rich history, and I hope to help my new team-mates to achieve success. Here I can achieve personal and collective goals.

I'm not going to feel any pressure. Juventus have paid a lot for other players, much more than me. I'm just going to give my maximum and show that the €23 million they paid was a good investment.

Pog-Bye

hi-res-360a8063cea092c1f528a8d30e1a5897_

David Vincent/Associated Press

If those words about money appeared to be something of a slant, they perhaps were, and Pjaca was not the only one to deliver them. Paul Pogba’s decision to leave behind the club that made him great in order to become a Manchester United legend is understandable, but the manner in which he did so has not been well-received.

The French midfielder will undoubtedly become very wealthy and see his international profile raised exponentially by a return to Old Trafford, but his decision to film a series of videos (like the one shown below) have left a very sour taste in the mouths of his former team-mates.

NgqQvDC-sAyAjH-N.jpg

Lol people always got something to say...we're ready...REGARDLESS. cc: @ManUtd @adidasfootball#FirstNeverFollows

“It’s easier to follow him on social media,” was captain Gigi Buffon’s terse response to Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia) as he revealed that the midfielder didn’t say even goodbye to the squad.

hi-res-c7ae1016d2992147e81bd3dfd5fe4a73_

Andrea Di Marco/Associated Press

Injury worries 

While Pogba’s exit leaves a gap in midfield, that problem is exacerbated by a raft of injuries. Claudio Marchisio is still absent after tearing his ACL late last season, while Sami Khedira and Kwadwo Asamoah have been increasingly injury-prone over the past few seasons.

That raises the prospect of Pjanic being asked to carry too heavy a burden in the early weeks, a matter discussed at length in this previous post. Juventus may need to invest further in this department if they are to continue to be successful, though the development of Mario Lemina will surely give them a boost.

Tactical Variety

hi-res-350f477704e95099189e679a52c1ffa1_

Kin Cheung/Associated Press

While those issues may only be temporary, what is truly noticeable this term is the tactical variety available to Allegri throughout this squad. At the back, the team has always been able to switch comfortably between three or four-man defences, something made easier now by the sheer depth of talent on show.

Indeed, should the former AC Milan boss want to play a back four of Dani Alves, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Patrice Evra in the Champions League, he could rest all four in Serie A by deploying a 3-5-2 that includes Stephan Lichtsteiner, Daniele Rugani, Medhi Benatia, Giorgio Chiellini and Alex Sandro.

However, those shifts also allow alternative frameworks further forward, where the likes of Pjaca—who can play out wide or as a second striker—and Pjanic will allow Allegri to tailor his formation to any opponent.

c9d07e0b80669da747aa0ba23f683b05_origina

lineupbuilder.com

“Pjanic’s arrival is that of a major player,” Allegri said as he discussed the new arrival with Sky (h/t Football Italia) back in June. “He can play in front of the defence, but also in the middle or at trequartista. I'm pleased the club made such an effort to get him."

As seen in the graphic above, that hands the Bianconeri a unique set of options, and supporters will look to see many of them tested during the early weeks of the new season.

Key Fixtures

Just under month until it all starts again. Which fixtures do you have your eyes on? #FinoAllaFine #ForzaJuve

Juventus fans could not have asked for a more interesting place to launch their campaign than in Saturday’s clash with bitter rivalsFiorentina. The Viola always present a difficult challenge whenever they visit Turin, and Paulo Sousa’s men will be keen to repeat that this weekend.

Lazio (away), Sassuolo (home), Inter Milan (away) follow that opening-day clash, meaning that by the time the calendar reaches October, this new-look Juventus should know exactly where they stand.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: 'Brilliant Fiorentina are tough'

http://www.football-italia.net/90013/allegri-brilliant-fiore-are-tough

Aug 19, 2016

Max Allegri will consider whether to field Miralem Pjanic against a 'brilliant' Fiorentina: 'It'll be difficult'.

The Bianconeri haven't been handed an easy introduction to the season, as they start off tomorrow evening at 20:45 CET - 19:45 GMT against their bitter rivals from Florence.

“I'll evaluate today and tomorrow morning whether Pjanic is in a condition to play,” Allegri told the Press in his first Serie A conference of the season. “As for [Patrice] Evra, he took a knock but he should certainly be available.

“This year, once again, we had five new players coming in. And we've only had 17 days to work together, so we'll certainly need a bit of time.

“That's why in the first few matches, over and beyond the question of playing well, we need an important approach in terms of character. These are difficult games, all the more so because we are at the beginning of the seaosn.

“Fiorentina is just such a game. You can tell by looking at them last year, and by their statistics, that they always do well in the first half of the season.

“They're a brilliant team, with very much technique, and they changed nobody. They still have the same players they did last year, so they'll have an advantage compared to us.

“Right now we have two teams inside of one team. One is in a certain condition, the other is in a different condition.

“Obviously we need eleven players from that pool, and I've already chosen seven.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: ‘Scudetto not easy’

http://www.football-italia.net/90014/allegri-‘scudetto-not-easy’

Aug 19, 2016

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri warns “to win the Scudetto, you have to earn it on the pitch”.

The Bianconeri start the Serie A season as overwhelming favourites, having won five in a row and added the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and Dani Alves.

“First of all, nothing is easy - especially in football,” Allegri cautioned in his pre-Fiorentina Press conference.

“You can’t necessarily say that because Juventus have made some good signings - Higuain, Pjanic, [Medhi] Benatia, [Marko] Pjaca, Dani Alves - that it’s a mathematical equation and we should win the Scudetto.

“To win the Scudetto you have to earn it on the pitch, like going forward in the Champions League. We’ll take it a step at a time, which is the way it should be.

“The first overall objective is to get to March and be fighting for three competitions, to be fighting in the League, the Last 16 of the Champions League and the Coppa Italia. From then on we’ll play our season.

“Tomorrow, when the season starts, all 20 teams have zero points, so to take the points tomorrow we’ll have to play a great match.

“It’s definitely not easy, because in every year that passes - Juventus have won the Scudetto for five in a row - the level of difficulty gets higher and higher.

“The other teams become more aggressive, and as we saw at the beginning of last year, unconsciously there’s a drop-off.

“So we should look at what we did last year and try to put it into practice from the start of the season where, again, the games are more difficult and complicated than over the last two months.”

Paul Pogba left the Turin club for a world record fee this summer, and Allegri was asked about the Frenchman’s departure.

“We didn’t speak, because among other things he was in America until the day before he went to Manchester. We had a very good relationship, like I do with all the players.

“Maybe he was still hurting because he lost to me in a challenge at football and basketball, so it was for that reason he decided to leave Juventus.” sefz

Juan Cuadrado is being linked with a return to the Old Lady, but the Coach couldn’t give any update.

“I won’t speak about the transfer market because we have the game tomorrow,” Allegri shrugged.

“Above all because these two games in August are as deadly as games in January, though you’re perhaps in a different condition in January, the team is settled and you just need a few tweaks in the transfer market.

“These two games with the transfer window still open, the window that matters, are always a trap.

“So I won’t speak about transfers, because the transfer market is down to the club and the club has had a great transfer campaign.

“We have 15 days to complete the squad, then there are players on other teams who I don’t want to talk about at all.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: ‘Higuain in better shape’

http://www.football-italia.net/90015/allegri-‘higuain-better-shape’

Aug 19, 2016

Max Allegri admits Gonzalo Higuain “wasn’t in great condition” when he arrived at Juventus but “in the last week he’s improved a lot”.

The Argentinian striker was Serie A top-scorer last season, and joined the Bianconeri for a League record €90m.

However, in a friendly appearance against West Ham, Pipita was mocked for his seemingly overweight appearance, even being called a “pig” by Robert Prosinecki.

“In the last week he’s improved a lot,” Allegri assured in his Press conference ahead of the Fiorentina game.

“When he came here he wasn’t in great condition, but now he’s much better and he scored in Villar Perosa. So he’s better, in the same way all the others are better.”

Miralem Pjanic went off injured in the friendly at Villar Perosa, and after a series of injuries to the squad last season, he may not play tomorrow.

“Risking players also depends on timing. It’s normal that at this stage of the season, if using a player would be a risk then I won’t use him.

“With regard to pre-season, the difference between this year and last year is simple: last year we went until June 7, when we played a Champions League final, and the team needed some time.

“The problem is that when we re-started there were only 15 days until the Supercoppa, so we had to rush.

“This year the timing of pre-season, the space leading up to the start of the season, was 40 days which is a normal time to prepare for a season.

“We had good calibre friendlies but not excessively intense, then in the last part we had West Ham and then Espanyol so there’s been a gradual progression.

“It’s normal that those who arrived before August have 20 days in their legs. This week we had to prepare for the game, so the workload wasn’t as high.

“It’s normal that for some they’re late in conditioning, but the preparation is going well and we’re almost at the end.

“That said, I’d prefer to win and have 50 injuries at the end of the season, than lose and have three.

“The important thing is that when you get to the final straight you have to push the accelerator. And when you push the accelerator someone can crash. The important thing is you get there.”

After a summer of changes, the Coach was asked whether his squad is stronger or weaker than last season.

“We can say it’s different, because we have players with different characteristics. We didn’t have a player like Pjanic last season, we had one like Pogba.

“We have Higuain who was top-scorer in the Italian League last year and is an extraordinary player.

“Dani Alves is different from the pair we had last year - last year we had [Stephan] Lichtsteiner and [Juan] Cuadrado, this year we have Lichtsteiner-Dani Alves.

Dani Alves is a different player to Cuadrado.

“[Medhi] Benatia is a defender and comes in to replace [Martin] Caceres who we didn’t really have last year.

“Marko Pjaca is very good and interesting and I think he could be the revelation of the season, because he has physical and technical quality.

“So we can’t really say if it’s stronger or weaker, just different. Especially since last year’s team got 25 wins out of 26.

“Paulo Dybala? Dybala can do even better things than last year, because he’s an extraordinary player who had impressive growth last season. If I think back to when he arrived, he had changed totally three months later.

“He’s a lad who is always improving, and for that reason he’s a player who will go on to be one of the top three players in the world. One reason for that is his focus, he’s a very determined lad.

“Is Pogba top three in the world? He can become one of them. He’s on his way. But he also has to have clear objectives and grow.”

Finally, Allegri was asked about Sami Khedira, who went off injured while representing Germany at Euro 2016.

“Since we’re not talking about the transfer market, I’ll answer the Khedira question. He arrived on August 5, he’s in the best condition he can be given the 15 days he’s been training.

“He’s a player with great instinct, so if he’s on the pitch he knows how to mask his non-optimal condition with his play.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Sousa: ‘Fiorentina want to challenge’

http://www.football-italia.net/90019/sousa-‘fiorentina-want-challenge’

Aug 19, 2016

Paulo Sousa wants Fiorentina to be “protagonists” this season, and notes they “dominated” Juventus in both games last term.

Serie A gets underway tomorrow, with the Viola facing a daunting trip to Turin to face the champions.

Despite facing the five-time Scudetto winners, the Coach believes his side dominated both games last season, even in defeat.

“We’re at a disadvantage because we don’t have the full squad available yet,” Sousa pointed out in his pre-match Press conference.

“We have to deal with the reality of a team which has dominated for five years now, this year Juventus have been built to win in Europe.

“If we see the League as a thriller, we want to be one of the protagonists. Juventus have improved in a lot of areas, especially in the individuals and alternatives they have in attack.

“Last year Juve were dominated by us both in Turin and - especially - in Florence, but they always managed to react.”

Borja Valero is being linked with a move to Roma, but Sousa says the midfielder could play tomorrow.

“It’s not a concern of mine to talk about the transfer market, I have to work with the players I have and try to win with Fiorentina.

“Today Borja trained as normal with the whole team, we’ll see how he is tomorrow. He has some chance of playing.

“I only work with the players I have, the transfer market isn’t something that concerns me. What makes me happy is doing the best work I can with the materials at my disposal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - FIORENTINA

5zk2vt.png- 2w53ygh.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Borja Valero makes Juve trip

http://www.football-italia.net/90026/borja-valero-makes-juve-trip?

Aug 19, 2016

Borja Valero is in the Fiorentina squad travelling to face Juventus tomorrow evening in the Serie A season opener.

It kicks off on Saturday at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

The Spanish midfielder remains in serious doubt to feature after badly spraining his ankle during a friendly against Valencia.

He is making the trip to Turin with his teammates, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be able to feature.

Sebastien De Maio is also included, despite only arriving on loan from Anderlecht yesterday.

Fiorentina squad for Juventus: Alonso, Astori, Babacar, Badelj, Bernardeschi, Chiesa, De Maio, Diks, Dragowski, Mati Fernandez, Hagi, Ilicic, Kalinic, Lezzerini, Milic, Rodriguez, Rossi, Sanchez, Tatarusanu, Tello, Tomovic, Valero, Vecino, Zarate

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...