Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Marko Pjaca

130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca: ‘Buffon is a legend’

http://www.football-italia.net/90790/pjaca-‘buffon-legend’?

Sep 1, 2016

Marko Pjaca calls his Juventus teammate Gianluigi Buffon “a legend” and is happy to play in a 3-5-2.

The Croatian arrived from Dinamo Zagreb this summer, and has been tipped to be the surprise of the season by Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

“I thank him, but at the moment it’s all new to me,” Pjaca told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It’s a new country, a new city to discover, a new language, new training. It’s a time of change which I have to get used to.

“The world of Juventus? It’s a beautiful world, but I never doubted that, I was aware of it when I made my choice.

“When you arrive it doesn’t take long to figure out that you’re at a club with a unique history, like few others in the world.

“Who has impressed me most? They’re all top players, but if I had to name one then I’d say Buffon.

“You just have to talk to him for a moment to realise you don’t have a player standing in front of you, but a legend.”

While Pjaca clearly has the faith of Allegri, it’s not clear where he’d fit into the 3-5-2 formation which is being used at present.

“In the 3-5-2 of the current Juve I can play as the second striker, at most pulling back a bit because I think I can also play as an attacking midfielder.

“My absolute favourite position though is as a wide-attacker, preferably from the left where I can cut inside on my right foot.

“I have to work hard every day to improve, never losing my seriousness and concentration. Then my time will come, I’m sure.

“Am I worried about being on the bench? Not worried, certainly not. If anything I’m aware that this is Juventus, but I’m young and if I prove myself then I’ll get my chances, even at a club of this level.”

Finally, the 21-year-old was asked about his compatriot Mario Mandzukic, who is competing for space with the Bianconeri’s record signing, Gonzalo Higuain.

“He has no problem with the arrival of Higuain, he knows there’ll be space for everyone,” Pjaca assured.

“He said it himself, when he called me to tell me to come here he told me that its a team full of champions. The choice to come to Juve also owed a lot to him.

“Now Mario is decisive in my acclimatisation, even in day-to-day life.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca: I want to be new Morata

http://www.football-italia.net/91555/pjaca-i-want-be-new-morata?

Sep 16, 2016

Juventus new boy Marko Pjaca has asserted that “I’d love to become the new Alvaro Morata”, despite feeling his best position is elsewhere.

All three of Pjaca’s opening appearances for Juve have come from the bench and as a second striker, and while the Croatian admits he is currently better-suited to playing deeper or on the left, he is ready to replicate predecessor Morata, who has since returned to Real Madrid.

“Of course, I’d love to become the new Morata. I’ll do my best to prove to the team, my teammates, Coach and the fans that I can play well and live up to expectations,” the youngster told Sky Sport Italia.

“I hope to help this team win the League title and go as far as possible in the Champions League.

“I played as a left winger at Dinamo Zagreb and as a central midfielder before that. These are the two positions I think I express myself the best.

“At Juve, I’m playing as a second striker and this is the role in which I think I can make my contribution.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

He never played with Ronaldo – Allegri says Pjaca

lacks the football upbringing Madrid gave Morata

The Croatian is making progress at Juventus but his coach states he has

some way to go before he can match his Los Blancos counterpart.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/09/24/27835312/-?

Sep 24, 2016

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri played down comparisons between Marko Pjaca and Alvaro Morata, saying the Croatian has yet to rub shoulders with the best.

Pjaca said he wanted to become "the new Morata," who starred for Juve before returning to Real Madrid after the latter activated their buy-back clause ahead of the new season.

Allegri nevertheless played down any comparisons to Morata, saying Pjaca lacked the same level of experience playing for an European powerhouse and in a major league.

"He is a young player coming from Dinamo Zagreb," he told reporters. 

"He was playing in a league with not too many tactical attentions, whereas Morata arrived from a completely different context.

"He played for Real Madrid. He got experience in the Champions League. He was training with [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Gareth] Bale, [Karim] Benzema, [Toni] Kroos.

"It is a different scenario in comparison with Pjaca. Pjaca is improving a lot and I am happy."

The Croatia international has made five appearances – all off the bench – for the club this season.

Juve are top of the Serie A by a point ahead of visiting Palermo on Saturday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca injured on Croatia duty

http://www.football-italia.net/92475/pjaca-injured-croatia-duty?

Oct 4, 2016

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca has suffered a cracked fibula while on international duty with Croatia.

The youngster joined the Bianconeri from Dinamo Zagreb this summer, and has been tipped as a star of the future by Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Having been sidelined with a calf injury in training, it was already clear that Pjaca wouldn’t be available to face Kosovo and Finland.

However, the Croatian federation has today announced that the injury is more serious than first thought.

“After attempting to train with his teammates on Monday, Pjaca felt a pain in his leg which existed even before the meet-up,” the HNS confirmed in a statement.

“Today’s review of the MRI at the Sv. Katarina hospital showed a fibular infraction, or cracked fibula which will rule him out for the Kosovo and Finland games.”

The injury is not as serious as a fully broken leg, but Pjaca is still expected to miss around six weeks of the season with a stress fracture.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca due for new Juventus tests

http://www.football-italia.net/92493/pjaca-due-new-juventus-tests?

Oct 4, 2016

Marko Pjaca will be in Turin for tests tomorrow, as Juventus hope the cracked fibula will only rule him out for 15-20 days.

The winger sustained the injury on international duty with Croatia.

“After attempting to train with his teammates on Monday, Pjaca felt a pain in his leg which existed even before the meet-up,” the HNS confirmed in a statement.

“Today’s review of the MRI at the Sv. Katarina hospital showed a fibular infraction, or cracked fibula which will rule him out for the Kosovo and Finland games.”

According to Sky Sport Italia and La Stampa, Pjaca will return to Turin tomorrow for tests at the J-Medical centre.

The club hopes it is only a stress fracture and rather than six weeks out, he could be sidelined for only 15-20 days.

The statement from the Croatian Federation implies Pjaca had the injury before he arrived for international duty.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pjaca injury adds to Croatia woes

A scan on Tuesday revealed the Juventus winger will miss both of his country's

World Cup qualifiers in the next few days, adding to their injury crisis.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2016/10/04/28175582/-?

Oct 4, 2016

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca has been ruled out of Croatia's World Cup qualifiers against Kosovo and Finland with a leg injury.

Pjaca featured for Juventus in a 3-0 win over Empoli on Sunday, but the 21-year-old was unable to participate in Monday's training session due to physical issues.

He underwent a scan to reveal the extent of the issue and the Croatian football association has now described a fibula infraction from a previously sustained knock. adding to national team coach Ante Cacic's injury crisis.

Cacic was already without key men Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic and Dejan Lovren for Croatia's upcoming fixtures.

Pjaca, who joined Juventus from Dinamo Zagreb ahead of the 2016-17 campaign, has won 11 caps for his country, including three at Euro 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Croatia: ‘Pjaca injured at Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/92519/croatia-‘pjaca-injured-juventus’?

Oct 5, 2016

Croatia’s team doctor claims Juventus winger Marko Pjaca was injured “10 days ago in the game against Dinamo Zagreb”.

It was announced yesterday that the Bianconeri man has a cracked fibula, and is expected to spend at least two weeks on the sidelines.

“Marko got a kick 10 days ago in the game against Dinamo Zagreb,” Sasa Jankovic explained, as reported by Gazzetta dello Sport.

“The pain was light, but it got worse after training.”

Pjaca is due in Turin for tests today which should confirm the severity of the injury, but it’s likely he has only a stress fracture, though that could still require six weeks out of action.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus: 'No Pjaca infraction'

http://www.football-italia.net/92538/juventus-no-pjaca-infraction?

Oct 5, 2016

There is confusion after Juventus said tests ruled out any fracture on infraction for Marko Pjaca, disagreeing with the Croatian diagnosis.

The winger was forced out of international duty on Monday after feeling pain in his leg and a statement released by the HNS confirmed “an MRI showed a fibular infraction, or cracked fibula.”

However, he returned to Turin and today underwent further tests at the J-Medical Centre that gave a very different picture.

“Marko Pjaca has today undergone new imaging scans (CT and MRI) at the club's J | Medical facility that have revealed bruising to the distal region of the left fibula with no evidence of fracturing.

“The player will continue to be monitored daily and the prognosis will be better defined in the coming days on the completion of further examinations.”

An infraction could’ve ruled Pjaca out for six weeks, but it is strange that the Juventus medical staff found no infraction at all.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus rule out Pjaca leg fracture

Croatia had suggested that the 21-year-old had sustained a fibula fracture,

but his club say their own tests indicate nothing but bruising.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/10/05/28205682/-?

Oct 5, 2016

Juventus have released a statement saying that midfielder Marko Pjaca has not suffered a fracture of his left leg.

The 21-year-old was forced to pull out of the Croatia squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Kosovo and Finland after failing to come through a training session on Monday.

Croatia diagnosed Pjaca as having suffered a minor break to his left fibula, but Juve say the injury is not as serious as first feared.

"Marko Pjaca has undergone new imaging scans (CT and MRI) at the club's J Medical facility that have revealed bruising to the distal region of the left fibula with no evidence of fracturing," a club statement read.

"The player will continue to be monitored and the prognosis will be better defined in the coming days on the completion of further examinations."

Initial reports had suggested that Pjaca could face six weeks on the sidelines, though his recovery is likely to be much swifter should Juve's diagnosis prove correct.

The winger, signed from Dinamo Zagreb in July for a reported fee of €23million, has made seven appearances for Juve this season in all competitions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Pjaca injury: “No evidence of fracturing”

http://www.juvefc.com/pjaca-injury-no-evidence-fracturing/?

Oct 7, 2016

Juventus have released a statement clarifying the situation over Marko Pjaca’s injury.

The Croatian winger was injured while on international duty with the national side and had returned to Turin to undergo tests.

A previous statement by the Croatian FA confirmed “an MRI showed a fibular infraction, or cracked fibula.”

Having undergone tests at the J-Medical Centre, a different conclusion was reached:

“Marko Pjaca has today undergone new imaging scans (CT and MRI) at the club’s J Medical facility that have revealed bruising to the distal region of the left fibula with no evidence of fracturing.

“The player will continue to be monitored daily and the prognosis will be better defined in the coming days on the completion of further examinations.”

The news brings some relief for the club and player, considering initial newspaper reports suggested the player could be out for anything up to 3 months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca out another two or

three weeks due to ‘significant swelling’ in left fibula

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/10/27/13429522/

marko-pjaca-injury-update-juventus-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Oct 27, 2016

When Marko Pjaca had to return early from international duty, we were relieved that the original diagnosis was nowhere near what was actually wrong with him. Instead of months on the sideline rehabbing what was originally reported — and feared by many — as a broken left leg, it looked as though Pjaca would miss a couple of weeks and then that would be that.

I guess we’re going to have to wait a few more weeks.

Just a short time before Wednesday night’s 4-1 win over Sampdoria, Juventus announced that Pjaca will be out until the international break due to “significant swelling” in his left leg. The injury, which initially happened at the start of the last international break, has kept the young Croatian on the sideline ever since he came back to Turin and had the possibility of a broken leg ruled out at the beginning of the month.

The official injury update, courtesy of Juventus’ website:

Medical tests on Marko Pjaca this morning have confirmed that the Croatian forward will remain on the sidelines for between two to three weeks, having sustained an injury to his left fibula earlier in the month.

Today's examinations revealed significant swelling of the area around the bone and the player's condition will continue to be monitored in the coming days with further inspections scheduled throughout the week.

With Paulo Dybala also out injured until the international break at the very least, the timing of Pjaca’s injury couldn’t be any worse. Until the next international break arrives following Juventus’ trip to Verona to face Chievo on Sunday, Nov. 6, Max Allegri will be left with only two healthy senior squad strikers, Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic. As we saw against Sampdoria, that didn’t necessarily cut down on all of Allegri’s tactical options, but for the foreseeable future only 16-year-old primavera product Moise Kean is the only natural striker available to Juve’s third-year manager.

Please get healthy son, Marko. I miss seeing you trying to break opposing defenders’ ankles when you come on for your 10-minute cameos. And who knows, maybe there will be a handful of starts in your future, too. I sure hope there is.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juventus wrong about Pjaca’

http://www.football-italia.net/94162/‘juventus-wrong-about-pjaca’

Nov 10, 2016

Croatia’s team doctor slams Juventus over Marko Pjaca’s injury - “we knew immediately he had a cracked fibula”.

On international duty last month, the winger was diagnosed with a fibular infraction and sent back to Turin.

However, on arrival in Italy the Bianconeri medics insisted there was “no evidence of fracturing” but Pjaca hasn’t been able to play since.

“When the player was visited by us, we knew right away that he had this fractured fibula,” Igor Boric told reporters.

“In Turin though they responded in an objectionable way, telling us that we couldn’t come over there and tell them how to work.

“When Pjaca returned to Turin, there was the clearest proof that our diagnosis was sound. It’s not heresy to say we have better professionals than Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus.”

Croatia had previously stated that Pjaca was already injured when he arrived for international duty, and that the problem had been missed by Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Croatia’s team doctor says Juventus were wrong

about Marko Pjaca’s injury diagnosis

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/11/10/13590838/marko-

pjaca-injury-juventus-croatia-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Nov 10, 2016

Because of things we can’t control, we haven’t been able to see much of Marko Pjaca as a Juventus all that much since he signed with the five-time Italian champions over the summer. For a lot of us, that’s a pretty disappointing development considering our excitement upon his signing day and then the brief glimpses of his talent that we’ve gotten since his first few appearances.

The whole reason for this is because of a leg injury that was originally thought to have been misdiagnosed by the Croatian national team’s medical staff. The same doctor that originally thought that Pjaca could have a broken leg, Igor Boric, spoke to reporters during Croatia’s training session on Thursday — which gave him a shot to tell us how he really feels about the situation with the 21-year-old winger and the two medical staffs.

“When the player was visited by us, we knew right away that he had this fractured fibula. In Turin though they responded in an objectionable way, telling us that we couldn’t come over there and tell them how to work.

“When Pjaca returned to Turin, there was the clearest proof that our diagnosis was sound. It’s not heresy to say we have better professionals than Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus.”

(Source: Football Italia)

If you’re the only person sitting here thinking that this is Boric sitting back in his chair, putting his hands behind his head while he puts his feet up and telling everybody “I told you so!,” then you’re probably not alone. If Pjaca had come back when we first thought he would be returning to the field last month, then none of this would be even something that Croatia’s top doctor could be talking about.

But, because there’s been setbacks in Pjaca’s recovery that has pushed his return back until after the current international break at the earliest, we have to acknowledge that Pjaca’s original rehab time laid out of Juve’s doctors wasn’t what is has become.

The main thing is that we want Pjaca to come back healthy and be available to contribute. That would be nice. He is a pretty good player — when he is actually on the field, of course.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent: 'Juve patience for Pjaca'

http://www.football-italia.net/94260/agent-juve-patience-pjaca?

Nov 12, 2016

Marko Pjaca’s agent defends Juventus medical staff over his mystery injury. “It’s a delicate matter and requires patience.”

The 21-year-old winger has been out of action since leaving international duty over a month ago with what the Croatia medics said was an infraction of the fibula.

At first Juve staff insisted there was no infraction, but after several weeks confirmed the initial Croatian diagnosis.

“I am not a medic, so it’s difficult for me to comment on the situation,” agent Marko Naletilic told Tuttosport newspaper.

“It’s a delicate matter and the first test was not enough to be 100 per cent sure. We have great faith in the work of the Bianconeri staff.

“The important thing now is that he gets better and that requires patience. It doesn’t matter if he skips an extra game or not, as long as he recovers fully and eliminates the risk of a relapse.

“Juventus have faith in him and you’ll see he will emerge in time. The Coach Massimiliano Allegri considers Pjaca to be the revelation of 2017.

“It’s a pity really, as now that Paulo Dybala is injured, he would’ve had more playing time. He is a very versatile player who can work in many different systems and roles.

“Pjaca has been helped to settle in by Mario Mandzukic and Miralem Pjanic, so he considers them to be two big brothers. Obviously when his Italian improves, he’ll get along even better with the rest of the squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca has finally

returned to training with the team

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/12/14/13951428/juventus-

marko-pjaca-injury-comeback-training-2016-serie-a-champions-league

Dec 14, 2016

Since we originally found out that Juventus summer Marko Pjaca was hurt back in the middle of October, the only news regarding the young Croatian in the subsequent two months had to do with setbacks. Thought it might take a couple of weeks for Pjaca to come back into the fold? Well, try a couple of months.

So much for that “another two or three weeks” diagnosis we heard back at the end of October, right? (Whatever guy wrote that headline on BWRAO should learn to get his facts right. Gosh.)

But, at long last, we finally have some good news regarding the 21-year-old Croatian who was than just a little happy when he signed with the Italian champions and cost Juventus €23 million over the summer. Yes, Pjaca himself has returned to training. And instead of a massive post on the club’s official website declaring that Pjaca is back working with the rest of the group, the young winger decided to take matters into his own hands on Tuesday morning...

And it’s a verified account, folks, so you have to believe him. No matter what.

Based on how long he’s already been out since his original diagnosis, I’m not even going to try and guess what an exact timetable would be right now. Juventus’ own Twitter post declaring Pjaca back at training did say he took part in “some” of Tuesday morning’s activities in the fog and cold at Vinovo.

But if he’s back in training — at least partly training with the group, that is — maybe a return come the new year is in the cards if everything goes right. I know there’s been setbacks, so let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, but with the holiday break approaching, there’s going to be plenty of time for Pjaca to rest up and try to ready himself for a return come the turn of the calendar to 2017.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca: 'Learnt a lot at Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/98178/pjaca-learnt-lot-juventus

Feb 10, 2017

Marko Pjaca has “learnt a lot at Juventus, a top club with a rich history they can be proud of” since arriving this season.

The Croatian winger spoke to Sky Sport Italia about his first six months in the Bianconeri jersey.

“I’ve learnt a lot here since joining last summer, not least about Italian football and that Juventus is a top club with a rich history they can be proud of and I’m sure they’ll continue to be successful in the future.

“You need to work really hard here in order to get into the team and to show the fans that you’re capable of doing everything they want.”

Pjaca would’ve pushed into the line-up a lot earlier, but was ruled out for several months by a micro-fracture diagnosed on international duty.

“It’s always difficult when you’re injured. You want to be playing, especially in my case as I’d only just arrived at the club and so I wanted to prove myself.

“Therefore, being out of action for around three months wasn’t at all easy for me, but since recovering I’ve returned to training with the team, I’m happy and that’s the most important thing.

“I have a great relationship with Mario (Mandzukic). I know well him from the Croatian national team, so we’re friends. He helped me a lot when I came here, both on a football and also personal level, so I’m very grateful for that. We’re talking every day and he’s often giving me good advice in training and in games.”

Coach Max Allegri said Pjaca will be a very important player for Juventus going forward.

“I’m glad he thinks that way and speaks so positively about me. I have to prove that I can play the way he wants me to and I’m working hard every day to raise my game and, as you say, become the future of football.

“We’ve a lot of great players here at Juventus. I think I can learn from each and every one of them and that’s very important.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca: ‘I still need time’

http://www.football-italia.net/100047/pjaca-‘i-still-need-time’

Mar 22, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Marko Pjaca admits “I still need time” at Juventus and resolves to “listen to everything” Coach Max Allegri tells him.

The winger joined the Bianconeri from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer, and has become more involved in the first-team in recent weeks after initially struggling for playing time.

“I’m happy at Juve,” Pjaca told reporters at the Croatia training camp.

“There’s a lot of competition but I’m playing more now. I still need time to adjust, but I’m young. I want to play more and more often, that’s my objective.

“I listen to everything Coach Allegri tells me and I try to follow his advice and directions to do what he asks.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjaca injury scare for Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/100315/pjaca-injury-scare-juventus

Mar 28, 2017

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca was stretchered off during international duty with Croatia for what could be a serious injury.

He had started today’s friendly against Estonia and went off after 65 minutes.

Pjaca seemed to sprain his left knee while changing direction and had his head in his hands.

He was stretchered off and the video footage suggests it was a bad sprain.

More tests will be required, but Juventus will be eager to find out if there is ligament damage.

The 21-year-old has 20 competitive appearances for Juve this season, scoring one goal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca injured
while on international duty with Croatia

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/29/15101784/marko

-pjaca-injury-juventus-croatia-2017-serie-a-team-news

Mar 29, 2017

The unfortunate thing about Marko Pjaca’s first season with Juventus is that it’s starting to become more remembered by what chances he didn’t have on the field rather than what he he’s done.

I say that because the young Croatian winger is injured again. And if you believe what Croatia manager Ante Cacic said after the match about how “does seem to be a serious injury and that hurts us more than the defeat” then we’re going to be refreshing Juventus’ website about once every 20 seconds over the next few days to find out just how bad it is when Pjaca undergoes tests upon his return to Turin.

Those tests, almost certainly will be done over the next day or two.

So, now we wait to see the severity of Pjaca’s injury that he’s suffered on international duty. The first, which was originally though of to be a broken leg but then re-diagnosed to something a little less severe, came back in early-October kept him out for nearly two and a half months.

This time around, we’re left to wait for another diagnosis that has every sign pointing towards there not being very much good news.

Pjaca’s teammate on the Croatian national team, Inter midfielder Ivan Perisic, had this to say about the playing surface and the injury itself:

“We played on a pitch that was really at the limits to be considered suitable for a professional match. There’s no point playing here. We must choose our opponents and conditions better, because otherwise we can lose someone else the way we did Pjaca.

“I hope he recovers quickly, but it looked to be a serious injury. Coming here to play in these conditions is pointless.”

(Source: Football Italia)

Ah, good. I like to hear that international competition — whether it’s a friendly or a World Cup qualifier — are being played on fields that are considered to be in “pointless” conditions. That always fills me with confidence that players are going to make it out 100 percent healthy. Too bad Pjaca fell victim. And when I say “too bad” I mean “it’s utterly idiotic.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Season over for Pjaca

http://www.football-italia.net/100349/official-season-over-pjaca

Mar 29, 2017

Marko Pjaca’s season is over, as it’s officially confirmed the Juventus winger has a cruciate ligament injury.

The 21-year-old was stretchered off during last night’s Estonia game, immediately raising fears he had a bad injury.

“An MRI has revealed an ACL tear in Pjaca's knee after an injury sustained vs Estonia,” the Croatian FA confirmed on their twitter account.

“Good luck with recovery!”

A ruptured cruciate ligament would usually mean at least six months on the sidelines, so Pjaca’s season is over.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' Marko Pjaca tears anterior
cruciate ligaments playing for Croatia

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/story/3091727/juventus-marko

-pjaca-tears-anterior-cruciate-ligaments-playing-for-croatia

Mar 29, 2017

Juventus will be without forward Marko Pjaca for the rest of the season after the Croatia international tore his anterior cruciate ligaments while on international duty.

Pjaca, 21, was carried off on a stretcher after twisting his knee badly when he got his foot caught in the pitch during Croatia's 3-0 friendly defeat against Estonia.

Tests conducted by the Croatian Football Federation on Wednesday morning confirmed the injury.

Compatriot Ivan Perisic, who plays for Juve's rivals Inter Milan, said in a postmatch interview that he hopes Pjaca recovers quickly "but it's got to be serious and this is worse than our defeat."

Perisic blamed the state of the pitch for the injury, which is the second one Pjaca has picked up while on international duty since becoming a Juve player last summer.

In October, he injured his fibula while preparing for Croatia's World Cup qualifiers against Kosovo and Finland. He missed over two months, including nine Serie A games, and has been limited to just 14 appearances for the Bianconeri in the league this season.

Pjaca is due back in Turin on Wednesday afternoon, where he will commence work on his recovery. His Juve teammate Claudio Marchisio has wished him well, saying he will come back even stronger.

"We are all close to you, Marko Pjaca," Marchisio posted on his official Twitter account. "You will come back with a bang to show off all of your talent! Come on!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Croatia confirm ACL injury for Juventus star Pjaca

The midfielder was stretchered off during his national side's

defeat to Estonia and will now miss the rest of the season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/03/29/34122262/-

Mar 29, 2017

Juventus winger Marko Pjaca's season is over after the Croatian FA confirmed he sustained an anterior cruciate knee ligament injury while on international duty against Estonia.

The 21-year-old was stretchered off in the second half of a 3-0 friendly defeat in Tallinn on Tuesday and following scans, Croatia released a statement detailing the need for surgery and an absence of "several months".

"After medical exams, we can confirm Marko Pjaca suffered a hard knee injury," the statement read.

"His cruciate ligament is damaged and he has to have surgery and several months' recovery."

Pjaca has started just three games in all competitions in his first season with Juve, scoring once at Porto in the Champions League last 16.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Perisic: ‘Estonia pitch criminal!’

http://www.football-italia.net/100358/perisic-‘estonia-pitch-criminal’

Mar 29, 2017

Inter winger Ivan Perisic slams Estonia’s pitch as “criminal” after Juventus’ Marko Pjaca ruptured his cruciate ligament.

The 21-year-old was stretchered off during Croatia’s friendly last night, and it was today confirmed that he’ll miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury.

“The pitch we played on was unworthy of professional football,” Perisic fumed, speaking to vecernji.hr.

“There’s no reason to organise a game of this type. I’d recommend to Mr [Davor] Suker [head of the Croatian FA] to choose better opponents with superior facilities because all that will happen is we’ll lose more players on these horrible pitches.

“The biggest defeat in this friendly was losing Pjaca. The pitch was criminal, terrible.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Marko Pjaca out for rest of the season

Forward has ACL tear

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/29/15114338/marko-pjaca-

out-rest-of-the-season-acl-tear-injury-juventus-croatia-team-news

Mar 29, 2017

Juventus forward Marko Pjaca sustained an anterior cruciate ligament tear last night in Croatia’s friendly against Estonia, and will miss the rest of this season.

The 21-year-old was stretchered off after appearing to get his foot caught in a divot and twisting his knee. The makeshift Croatia side went on to lose 3-0 in the insignificant friendly in Estonia.

The Croatian Football Federation announced that results of the tests, confirming the injury and Juventus fans’ worst fears.

This is the second major injury Pjaca has had this season, both sustained during international duty. He had injured his lower leg (fibula) in October 2016 when Croatia was preparing for World Cup qualifiers against Bosnia and Finland.

He ended up missing nearly three months, and has only featured in 14 games all season for Juve. Pjaca was expected back in Vinovo this afternoon to start his rehabilitation.

Bianconeri teammate Claudio Marchisio, who himself has just returned to the side after spending an extended period out with a knee injury, sent him his best wishes, expecting him to return stronger.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130719 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Giaccherini-Pjaca swap was in works

http://www.football-italia.net/100429/giaccherini-pjaca-swap-was-works

Mar 30, 2017

Emanuele Giaccherini almost returned to Juventus in January in a swap deal for Marko Pjaca to Napoli.

According to Calciomercato.it, the two clubs were very close to reaching an agreement midway through this season.

Giaccherini’s agent did indeed publicly complain at the lack of playing time and pushed for an exit, but changed his mind.

Napoli had purportedly requested Pjaca as part of the deal, but Juve did not want to let the Croatian winger go.

It would’ve been a comeback for Giaccherini at Juve, where he played from 2011 to 2013 before a move to Sunderland.

Pjaca will have surgery tomorrow after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee while on international duty with Croatia.

He is expected to be out of action for at least six months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti