Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Marko Pjaca

130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: 'Thank you, Zagreb'

http://www.football-italia.net/87530/pjaca-thank-you-zagreb

Jul 17, 2016

Marko Pjaca is expected to complete his Juventus move within 48 hours and said goodbye to Dinamo Zagreb fans.

The winger played in tonight’s 3-1 victory over NK Lokomotiv Zagreb.

He was given a standing ovation when substituted in the second half and thanked supporters on Facebook.

“A big thank you to everyone for that ovation at the substitution. Like any Zagreb boy who loves Dinamo, I must admit that applause was one of the most beautiful moments of my career.

“There’s nothing better. Thank you all for what you gave me tonight, it was a moment I will remember forever.”

The 21-year-old is set to join Juventus, as confirmed by his agent, and the final details of the €25m deal are being whittled down.

A crucial breakthrough is expected on Monday, so this could well have been Pjaca’s last match for Dinamo Zagreb.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus set to complete Pjaca deal

The Dinamo prospect will join Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic and Medhi Benatia as new faces at

the Serie A holders, who are also keen to add Gonzalo Higuain to their ranks.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/07/18/25735182/-?

Jul 18, 2016

Dinamo Zagreb's young star Marko Pjaca is set to become Juventus' latest summer signing as the Italian giants continue to strengthen their side ahead of the coming season. 

Goal understands that the Croatia international will put pen to paper on his deal in Turin this week. 

Pjaca will sign for a fee worth around €25 million, after shining for his country at Euro 2016. 

The Serie A champions have already sealed the signing of ex-Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic and Barcelona favourite Dani Alves in the current transfer window. 

Medh Benatia has also arrived on loan from Bayern Munich, and 21-year-old Pjaca will join the Bianconeri while negotiations continue with Napoli over the signing of Gonzalo Higuain

Pjaca scored 26 goals during his two seasons at Dinamo, having moved from Lokomotiva in 2014.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Report: Juventus have Pjaca deal

http://www.football-italia.net/87591/report-juventus-have-pjaca-deal

Jul 19, 2016

Juventus have reportedly been successful in their attempts to sign Dinamo Zagreb's Marko Pjaca.

The Bianconeri were already believed to be very close to the young Croatian, and the earlier rumours are now being corroborated.

According to Sky Sports Italia, a deal has now been struck between Juventus and Dinamo Zagreb for Pjaca.

The player will join Juventus for a total of €23m, though it's not clear yet whether there are bonuses factoring in that amount.

If all goes as expected, Pjaca should be in Turin for his medicals on Thursday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Meet Juventus' €23 million man Marko Pjaca -

the 'Ronaldinho fan with a bit of Benzema about him'

The Dinamo Zagreb winger has completed a move to Turin and a 21-year-old

with such talent and determination should fit right in for the Italians. 

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/07/19/25750122/

meet-juventus-25-million-man-marko-pjaca-the-ronaldinho-fan-with-?

Jul 19, 2016

Marko Pjaca's favourite player growing up was Ronaldinho. He loved the Brazilian because of his natural ability: "You could see and almost feel that he was born to play football." However, Pjaca also points out that his childhood hero also "won games and trophies". The ups and down of Ronaldinho's career taught the young Croat that talent without ambition will only get you so far. When the drive disappears, so does the success. Thus, when Pjaca was presented with a major decision to make this summer, he simply decided to start as he means to go on.

After impressing for Croatia at Euro 2016, a number of the continent's biggest clubs scrambled to sign the Dinamo Zagreb starlet. At one point, it seemed as if Liverpool were leading the way. Then, it was reported that a deal had been agreed with Inter (Pjaca even had to take to Facebook to issue a denial) before it was finally claimed that AC Milan had cleverly outmanoeuvred their rivals by offering to let the 21-year-old attacker remain in Zagreb until the end of August so that he could help Dinamo try to reach the group stage of the Champions League. It made sense for both clubs - cup-tied players are not an issue for the Rossoneri, who once again failed to qualify - but it didn't make sense to Pjaca.

Neither did a move to Liverpool or Inter. This is a young man that wants to play at the highest level. "I am making my dreams come true," he explained. "One of those was fulfilled when I earned a national team call-up; another would be to win the Champions League." That is why Pjaca is now ready to complete a €25 million move to Juventus, beaten finalists just over a year ago.

marko-pjaca-croatia-ps_h3w0av6dyu9512zbw

Forcing his way into the Juve starting line-up will not be easy. Kingsley Coman quickly learned that there is not always room for wingers in Massimiliano Allegri's attack. However, Pjaca has the ability and the versatility to thrive in Turin.

He is right-footed but capable of playing on either flank. "He is one of the rare players who can go both directions," enthused Tomislav Ivkovic, Pjaca's former coach at Lokomotiva, where the Zagreb native began his professional career only to then return to childhood club Dinamo. Indeed, Pjaca prefers to operate on the left-hand side, as it offers him the opportunity to cut inside onto his favoured foot. However, he has also previously been deployed as an attacking midfielder - and even a second striker. It is easy to understand why.

With an ex-wrestler for a father and former judoka state champion for a mother, Pjaca has been blessed with a number of athletic gifts, including both pace and power. Indeed, at 1.86 metres tall, he has the height and physical presence to play through the middle. The aforementioned Ivkovic even sees shades of a certain Real Madrid striker in Pjaca. "If there's anyone he reminds me of when he's on the ball, it's Karim Benzema," he explained. "I'm not saying he's the new Benzema but he does remind me of him in one-on-one situations."

marko-pjaca-croatia-ivkovic-ps_mrg6jn761

It is widely acknowledged that he needs to improve in the air and offer more from a defensive perspective. Pjaca is also prone to lapses in concentration - but then that is unsurprising in one so young.

Furthermore, there is no doubting his ability to change games with his direct style of play and excellent dribbling skills, with his performance in Croatia's 2-1 win over Spain at the Euros serving as a perfect case in point. Pjaca struck fear into the Roja defence every time he picked up the ball, completing seven of the eight dribbles he attempted.

He is also a serious goal threat, though. He is not afraid to pull the trigger, as Celtic discovered to their cost during a Europa League group game in December 2014, when Pjaca hit a hat-trick in a 4-3 win for Dinamo. He admitted at the time that even he had been taken aback by his performance - but he no longer has any doubts about his ability. He freely concedes that he is "not a modest guy" - yet he is grounded.

This is a footballer who still gives all of his earnings to his parents to look after. He is not driven by money - but by trophies. A player of his talent and determination should have little trouble finding the success he craves at Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: ‘Leaving Dinamo on Wednesday’

http://www.football-italia.net/87603/pjaca-‘leaving-dinamo-wednesday’

Jul 19, 2016

Juventus target Marko Pjaca confirms “on Wednesday I’ll play my last game with Dinamo”.

The Dinamo Zagreb winger is thought to have agreed a deal with the Bianconeri, and is expected in Turin for a medical on Thursday.

“On Wednesday I’ll play my last game for Dinamo and then I’ll move to my preferred club,” Pjaca told Croatian media.

“Dinamo is the team I love, the one I’ve been a fan of since I was born and I’m grateful for everything.

“Where am I going? You’ll find out in a few days. I want to say a big thanks to Dinamo, it was a dream to play in the Maksimir Stadium and to win trophies with this club.

“I have mixed feelings, I’m sad because I’m leaving my club but I’m happy to be starting a new chapter in my career.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Report: Juventus' €22 million deal for Marko Pjaca

expected to be completed by Thursday

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/19/12229380/marko-pjaca-

dinamo-zagreb-juventus-2016-serie-a-summer-transfer-rumors

Jul 19, 2016

As he has already said to the masses, Marko Pjaca's last game for Dinamo Zagreb will be on Wednesday night. He outlined it about as simple as it gets, really. He'll play Wednesday, then move to what he has called "his preferred club."

And that club, as we've come to find out, is Juventus.

With his Dinamo adventure coming to an end Wednesday, it is now widely expected that Pjaca's Thursday will be spent in Turin as he finalizes his move to Juventus. That means, well, that Juve have concluded yet another quality piece of business for a rising talent well before the season gets underway. Essentially, Juventus just gonna keep being Juventus.

After a long negotiation, Marko Pjaca is on the verge of joining Juventus. The talented striker born in '95 showcased his talents at the recent Euro, he's now expected in Italy on Thursday. Juventus is closing the deal with Dinamo Zagreb in these hours on the basis of €22/23 million, Pjaca is expected to sign a five year deal with the bianconeri. Pjaca is waiting to start the next chapter of his career in Serie A.

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

As we've said before, the Pjaca deal finally getting done will put an end to the on again, off again rumors that seemed to surround things for the better part of Croatia's run at Euro 2016. One day it was Milan, the next Juventus. Throw in a third or fourth team in there and everything being put out by the Italian press was seemingly contradicting itself from one day to the next. (Not that it should be any kind of surprise because it's the Italian press, after all.)

But now Pjaca joins Dani Alves, Medhi Benatia and Miralem Pjanic — say those names back-to-back five times fast if you want — as Juve's summer acquisitions that have only made this club that much better. And if they can get through the months of July and August without anything major heading out the exit door, then this squad will be pretty damn complete, if you ask me. It's been a pretty good summer so far, don't you think?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca set for Juventus medical

http://www.football-italia.net/87667/pjaca-set-juventus-medical

Jul 20, 2016

Marko Pjaca’s Juventus medical is reportedly scheduled for tomorrow, with his presentation on Friday.

The Croatian international will play his last match for Dinamo Zagreb tonight, leaving to join his new club after the game against FK Vardar.

While the player has not officially confirmed he’s moving to the Bianconeri, Gianluca Di Marzio’s website reports that a medical has been arranged for tomorrow morning at J-Medical.

The fee is thought to be around €23m, while Pjaca will sign a five-year contract with the Turin club.

Once he has officially signed, Pjaca is expected to be presented as a Juventus player on Friday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juve: Pjaca arrives for medicals

http://www.football-italia.net/87713/juve-pjaca-arrives-medicals

Jul 21, 2016

Dinamo Zagreb's Marko Pjaca has arrived at Juventus for his medicals and will sign his official contract later today.

The youngster who captured football's attention at Euro 2016 has finally landed in Turin, and he is now at the JMedical centre, where his fitness for professional football will be tested.

He is expected to sign a contract with his new club as soon as the exams are complete, in a move that sees the Old Lady beating competitors Napoli and Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca completes Juventus medical

http://www.football-italia.net/87729/pjaca-completes-juventus-medical

Jul 21, 2016

Marko Pjaca has completed his Juventus medical, and will now head to the club HQ to sign his contract.

The Dinamo Zagreb midfielder arrived in Turin to take his medical examinations this morning, ahead of a reported €23m transfer.

Pjaca has now completed the tests at J-Medical, and will head to the Bianconeri headquarters to sign a five-year contract.

Milan were also keen to sign the Croatian international, but the Old Lady beat them to the signing of the 21-year-old.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Official: Juventus sign Pjaca

http://www.football-italia.net/87721/official-juventus-sign-pjaca

Jul 21, 2016

Marko Pjaca has officially signed a five-year contract with Juventus, moving from Dinamo Zagreb for €23m.

At the end of a hot market triangle which saw Napoli and Milan close to signing the Croatian talent, the player's own preference saw him flying to Turin.

After being welcomed at the JMedical centre by a small swarm of Bianconeri fans, Pjaca underwent his medicals, which confirmed he would be fit to play in Serie A.

A statement on the club's site appeared thereafter, confirming that the player has signed a contract with his new club.

“Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Marko Pjaca has completed a permanent switch from Dinamo Zagreb for a fee of €23 million, to be paid over two financial years.” reads the statement.

"The 21-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the club."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Marko Pjaca to Juventus: Latest Transfer Details, Reaction and More

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649509-marko-pjaca-

to-juventus-latest-transfer-details-reaction-and-more?

Jul 21, 2016

Juventus confirmed the signing of winger Marko Pjaca fromDinamo Zagreb on Thursday, with the 21-year-old joining on a five-year deal for a fee of €23 million, which will be paid over two years.

Pjaca is a player of enormous potential, and he proved he can produce on the big stage with an excellent showing for Croatia at Euro 2016.

SportMediaset (via Football Italia) previously linked the player with AC Milan, Inter Milan, Napoli and Liverpool.

But he has opted to join the Serie A champions, with whom he will be a nominal replacement for Alvaro Morata as one of Europe's most exciting young attacking stars.

His preferred position is on the left flank, but he can play anywhere across the front three, including as a striker.

With Zagreb in the 2015-16 season, he netted eight goals in 28 league appearances, earning a call-up to the Croatia squad for the Euros with a number of standout displays, per WhoScored.com.

His move to Juve and Serie A is a step up, but it's a deserved one he will surely relish.

Pjaca has the quality to be a genuine star, as he is both creative on the ball and an effective goalscorer.

Under Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri and playing alongside fellow young stars Paulo Dybala and Paul Pogba, he should improve dramatically. The Bianconeri have snapped up an exciting talent.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

OFFICIAL: Juventus complete €23m Pjaca signing

The Dinamo Zagreb winger, who won the league with his former club in 2014-15, featured

at Euro 2016 for Croatia and has penned a five-year deal with the Serie A champions.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/07/21/25825372/-?

Jul 21, 2016

Juventus have completed the signing of Dinamo Zagreb winger Marko Pjaca for €23 million.

The 21-year-old featured for Croatia at Euro 2016 and was soon linked with a move to the likes of Inter and AC Milan.

However, Serie A champions Juve emerged as front-runners and the club confirmed on Thursday that Pjaca has penned a five-year-deal.

"Juventus Football Club can today confirm that Marko Pjaca has completed a permanent switch from Dinamo Zagreb for a fee of €23m, to be paid over two financial years," a club statement read.

"The 21-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the club."

Pjaca's move to Juventus Stadium had been expected for some time, with the player himself confirming that Wednesday's Champions League second-round qualifying tie against Vardar would be his last for Dinamo.

During his two-year-stay at Dinamo, Pjaca won the league title and Croatian Football Cup in the 2014-15 season.

Juventus have been busy during the transfer window, with the likes of Miralem Pjanic, Medhi Benatia and Dani Alves all signing on for Massimiliano Allegri's men.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: 'Aim for Scudetto and Coppa'

http://www.football-italia.net/87743/pjaca-aim-scudetto-and-coppa

Jul 21, 2016

Marko Pjaca is “happy and excited” to be at Juventus, and immediately targets the Scudetto and Coppa.

The Croatian winger finally completed his move from Dinamo Zagreb earlier today, and gave his first interview to the Bianconeri’s official website.

“I’m very happy and excited to be at such a big club,” Pjaca said.

“I can’t wait to start training and playing with the team. I hope we can win many trophies and that’s it, I just want to get started.

“I think we want to win the trophy in the League and the Cup and of course we want to go as far as possible in the Champions League.

“Personally I want to train well and play well and get as many chances on the pitch as possible.

“I chose number 20, it was my number at Dinamo Zagreb and the Croatian national team so I wanted to wear it at Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Marko Pjaca

from Dinamo Zagreb for €23 million

The Croatian international is officially a Juventus player.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/21/12246660/pjaca-

transfer-finalized-juventus-official-dinamo-22-million

Jul 21, 2016

The continued vision of Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici has been to not only build Juventus into a strong team for the present time, but also one that can continue to grow and be sustainable going into the future. That means having a strong backbone, one that will include young players full of potential growing up as players alongside one another as they approach the prime of their careers.

It's time to officially include Marko Pjaca in that group.

At last, at last, the Pjaca-to-Juventus deal is signed, sealed and delivered. Pjaca, one of the bright young 20-somethings in Europe, has taken his medical exams and finalized his €23 million move to Juventus from Dinamo Zagreb, it was announced on Thursday. Pjaca, now a teammate with Mario Mandzukic for both club and country, has put pen to paper on a five-year contract that will keep him in Turin through the 2020-21 season.

Here is the official press release, courtesy of the good folks at juventus.com:

Turin, 21 July 2016 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with GNK Dinamo Zagreb for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Marko Pjaca has been finalized. The consideration for the acquisition is € 23 million payable in two financial years.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment.

Just 21 years old, Pjaca has emerged as one of the most promising wide attackers in Europe, especially coming off an excellent stint at Euro 2016 with Croatia. He was much sought-after, with AC Milan and Napoli chasing him, as well as a handful of other teams around Europe all trying to get him.

He brings pace, skill, and drive to a Juventus attack that could always use more of all three. He's versatile enough to play on either wing, and skilled enough to play a variety of roles out wide. That's a valuable thing for Juventus to have, and he's going to be a welcome addition to the club because of it.

Welcome to Juventus, Marko. Feel free to continue to do good things. Hopefully those result in continued good things for the new team that you will be playing for next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Pjaca like Kaka and CR7’

http://www.football-italia.net/88582/‘pjaca-kaka-and-cr7’

Jul 31, 2016

Marko Pjaca’s agent has described his client as a mixture of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The highly rated Croatian talent has recently completed a move to Juventus from Dinamo Zagreb for a fee of €23m.

“You will see. Soon he will surprise everyone,” Marko Naletilic responded when asked what the youngster could offer the Bianconeri.

“He can play as a striker, just off the main forward or as a ‘trequartista.’

“Yes, a ‘trequartista’ like Kaka, with the intention to attack. Comparisons are always difficult, but I see Marko as a mix of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo.

“To be clear, we are talking about a 21-year-old who still has to develop a lot more and overcome certain weak points.”

Naletelic added that Pjaca’s move to Turin was entirely for footballing reasons, insisting the player could have earned double had he moved elsewhere.

“There was an embarrassment of options. Milan, Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Fiorentina.

“Marko, however, wanted Juventus at all costs. And I assure you that at Milan and other clubs he could have earned almost double.

“Initially he might not play much or come on as a substitute, but I am sure that in time he will become indispensable to Allegri. We are talking about a true talent.

He can become a symbol for Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Getting to know new Juventus signing Marko Pjaca

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/31/12331258/getting-to-

know-new-juventus-signing-marko-pjaca-2016-serie-a-transfers

Jul 31, 2016

When looking at Juventus’ signings so far this summer, there’s one thing that’s for certain — there’s a level of built-in knowledge about nearly everybody the club has signed. It’s the fact that we know what Miralem Pjanic is all about. We know what Gonzalo Higuain brings to the table. We’ve seen Medhi Benatia playing at his best. Dani Alves has a resumé that is about as long as anybody Juve have signed in years.

The same can’t be said about the other one of those new additions to the Juve squad.

Marko Pjaca isn’t a known commodity amongst those who follow Italian football on a regular basis. He hasn’t played a game in Serie A or against Italian opposition like everybody above. He has plied his trade in a league that some of us might not make much effort to pay attention to. Sure, we’ve heard some things here and there or maybe tuned in to Croatia’s handful of games at the European Championships earlier this summer.

With the help of some friends, I was pointed in the direction of Aleksandar Holiga, one of Twitter’s go-to Croatian football sources and a very good writer on top of that. (I suggest youfollow Aleksandar on Twitter, by the way.) Aleksandar, who lives in Zagreb, is an independent football writer who has been published in The Guardian, FourFourTwo and The Blizzard amongst others.

And our task after securing Aleksandar’s assistance was pretty damn simple — to find out about Pjaca from somebody who has seen him play a whole heck of a lot more than most of us around here have. We asked Aleksandar questions. And luckily for us, he had answers. Here are said answers.

BWRAO: What kind of player is Juventus getting in Marko Pjaca?

AH: They are getting a very promising young player who may not be very versatile, but still has plenty of room (and will) fro improvement. A player who is ambitious, hard-working and very eager to prove himself.

BWRAO: Juventus' website dubbed Pjaca a "wing wizard" upon his signing being announced earlier this month. Is he able to play elsewhere in attack or is the wing solely where he can excel?

AH: His best position is left wing, because he’s right-footed and likes to cut inside Arjen Robben-style more than anything else, then shoot or make a key pass. He is probably best suited for the wing, because his strongest sides are dribbling and speed combined. He runs at defenders and can beat anyone – just anyone – one-on-one.

I imagine he’s often going to play against set, well-organized defences at Juventus, especially in the Serie A, so he won’t have that much space or time on the ball. At Dinamo, he also sometimes played behind the striker or as one – that never really worked well, though. He never really played in a two-men attack, but I believe it will be very interesting to see him as one of the strikers in a 3-5-2. With the guidance of a proper, classy coach I’m sure he can adapt well to that role. Or to one of the ‘2’ in 3-4-2-1. Playing centrally behind the striker (no. 10 in 4-2-3-1, for example) will probably never be quite right for him.

BWRAO: How do you think Pjaca will adjust to the rough and tumble nature of Serie A?

AH: Juventus might be too big a step for him at this moment. He would perhaps adapt easier and quicker to a smaller club where he would be a guaranteed starter, a side playing a distinctly reactive, counter-attacking football all the time. But, at the end of the day, he is a player for great things and Juventus definitely matches his ambition – that is probably also why he chose them and not AC Milan (not suggesting Milan is a ‘small’ club, though…).

As for the style of football… Well, maybe he would also find it easier to fit in the hurly-burly English football or in the Bundesliga. On the other hand, he can give Juventus something they don’t quite have already, I think. Italian defences will prove a big challenge, but he’s ambitious and very keen to prove himself, so that will be a very good test to see what he’s made of.

BWRAO: What is Pjaca's upside? What kind of player do you think he can develop into?

AH: He’s a rather decent and nice kid, willing to work hard and improve himself. He was never really a wonderkid, a prodigy like, for example, Alen Halilovic. He improved slowly and gradually – even a year ago he wasn’t a sure starter at Dinamo – showing proper character and a lot of determination. He’s also naturally very fit and not prone to injuries, he recovered from a broken collarbone in a matter of weeks last season.

So with that kind of attitude and physique, I really think he can achieve great things. I can see him as an important player for Juventus or some other really big club in the near future. Maybe not in his first season, but after 2-3 years that’s rather likely.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pjaca not fazed by overtaking Modric as he prepares for Juve move

The Croatia international plans to make a big impression at his new club, and will

turn to compatriot Mario Mandzukic for advice as he makes himself at home in Italy.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/08/01/26119732/-?

Aug 1, 2016

New Juventus signing Marko Pjanic has insisted he feels no pressure ahead of his move, despite taking a national record from Real Madrid star Luka Modric. 

The ex-Dinamo man signed for Juve in a deal worth €23 million in July, an historic transfer in his home country. 

Modric had previously held the record for the most expensive transfer involving a player from the Croatian top-flight with his move to Tottenham, but Pjaca is keen to put the fee in perspective. 

"No, I don't feel the pressure for being the most expensive transfer in Croatian league history, I just feel big honour and privilege," Goal heard from the 21-year-old in a farewell lunch organised for Croatian journalists in Zagreb. 

"I am at Juventus, who pay out far more for other players than they paid for me, so I don't feel any pressure because of the money they spent to get me."

The player will join compatriot Mario Mandzukic at the Serie A champions, and with Gonzalo Higuain recently completing a move, competition for attacking places will be fierce. 

Pjaca, however, is confident he can break into the team and play his part in 2016-17. 

"Mandzo and me, and every other player, want to play as much as possible, and at the end of the season we'll see who was the best. But I believe I will prove myself," he said.

"I have started to learn Italian but of course it will be a big help to have Mandzukic and [Miralem] Pjanic nearby, guys who speak my language. Mandzo had already offered his help with anything, and I haven't had the chance to meet Pjanic yet.

"I am aware it will be a big fight for place in Juventus, I will have to prove myself. But I've been through the same in Dinamo, I know what is in front of me.

"Of course Juventus is much stronger, I know I don't have starting XI place waiting for me, but I am ready for everything and I believe I will grab the opportunity I'll get and fight for my place."

One problem for the youngster may come on his trips back to Croatia, he admitted, as he struggles to fill the local demands for his new shirt. 

"I have so many people asking me for the Juventus jersey I will probably need to rent a truck to bring them next time when I come to Zagreb," he laughed. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Making space for Pjaca…

http://www.juvefc.com/making-space-pjaca/?

Aug 1, 2016

Whilst the interminable focus of the mass media remains steadfastly following Pogba’s bowel movements, I have been pondering our signings to date.

The mercato has been immensely strong, and it seems likely that we can expect a reinforcement for midfield and possibly another striker. Asamoah can replace Pogba in the LCM role (where he may prove more consistent than the Frenchman), yet who else can be deployed there, at least until Marchisio returns to the ranks? We could try Sturaro and Lemina in the role, yet neither seem apt to offer similar potency as the departing Pogba or Ghanaian. That particular position in our 3-5-2 is very much an attacking role, supporting the nearby wingback and driving forward to make up the numbers higher up the field.

On the opposite flank, Alves provides a major upgrade on Cuadrado in everything but pace and age, and yet he is far from sloth. His ability on the ball is superb, as is his experience, creativity and cunning.

Pjanic is a more interesting signing for he appears mainly alive and finding top gear in the final third, linking the play, expert short passes, an eye for goal, yet Allegri has mentioned that he can possibly play in front of the defence in the regista role. I feel this is shoe-horning and making less of the Bosnian’s talents than if we were to deploy him as a trequartista, where he could produce far more damage. Khedira is talented and intelligent enough to play as our regista yet his box to box routine is more valuable as a RCM.

Higuain is a massive upgrade on Zaza and Mandzukic. He instantly becomes our finest finisher.

All of the above fit loosely into our 3-5-2. Yet another we have signed, who I have seen seldom talked of, is a player whose game is not at all suited to a 3-5-2.

Marko Pjaca was procured for EU23m on the basis of his form for Dinamo Zagreb. This is a hefty fee for a player recently turned 21 years of age, never tested at the highest level. Strongly linked with Napoli, Liverpool and both Milanese clubs, he chose Juve, where he would earn less than what was on offer at his other suitors. We have been following Marko for a few years and chose to begin negotiations before the EUROS, assuredly due to the concern that his stock would rise and our plans would be thwarted. Despite a sensational showing against Spain, we got our man.

I was a fan of Morata. Despite his rather poor season I have long concluded that he has world class ability very much focused on swiftly turning and accelerating with the ball at his feet, as well as a half decent goal scoring rate. Yet his game is rather singular, which is perhaps part of the reasoning behind avoiding a mammoth bid to bring him back after he decided to return to Madrid. He is at his most venomous when receiving the ball with his back to goal, turning on a sixpence, then charging towards the 18 yard area. Maybe there were discussions of his repurchase. Which led to either a solid demand by Zidane to retain the player or his price proving unpalatable to Beppe. My own conclusion is that Alvaro had some say in the move, and as a club, we have no interest in any player eager to be elsewhere. Regardless he left, as did Cuadrado. Both of which had immense pace. The Spaniard augmented this with control and an eye for goal, the Colombian…well…his pace caused many problems as no defenders like to be attacked with searing acceleration, yet his decision making and execution with the final ball or shot more often than not left a lot to be desired.

I look at both departures as creating a deficit in the squad of pace, ability to beat an opponent, creativity and threat in the final third. I strongly believe Pjaca fills that hole. Yet where will he play? For he is clearly no wingback.

Peeking at his progress in Croatia we find that he was invariably deployed as a wing forward, as part of a front three. Yes he can play as a striker, and due to his eagerness to attack defenders with pace and trickery he is an obvious pretender to Dybala’s crown. His potential however, may be so great that it leads to a 4-3-3.

He can dribble, with pace. He can shoot and pass intelligently in the final third. He cost a pretty penny. If we are to offer him the chance to develop, to mature, to reach his peak in our colours, we must play to his strengths. Which is not at all as a wingback on either flank. It is within a 4-3-3 or any variation which places him high up either flank, solely focused on offensive duties.

Any side with plans to play a front three requires balance. Had we purchased Berardi we would now have two wing forwards, both keen to cut in and shoot or create. Yet then we must consider the huge sum paid for Higuain and the world class genius of Dybala. Can the younger Argentine play as part of a front three? I suspect he could play in any system at Juve and still shine like Sirius on a dark night.

Kindly allow me to assume we attack the season with our current squad, minus Pogba. Yet avoiding incorporating my inklings of Zaza moving and another striker replacing him and also an extra body in midfield, possibly Matuidi or Biglia.

Buffon

Alves Bonucci Chiellini Sandro

Khedira Pjanic Asamoah

Dybala Higuain Pjaca

Swap in Marchisio for Asamoah after Christmas and we are moving ever closer towards becoming one of the finest teams on the planet.

Yes yes! To move away from our BBC defence, which is one of the strongest of history, may seem like sacrilege, yet we have a Pjaca gem in the mega rough to incorporate. And one of the most burning questions Allegri will have to answer this term is how quickly to bring him through and also how quickly he wishes to deploy Pjanic where he is at his most potent. A 4-3-1-2 would perhaps suit Pjanic, yet precludes the inclusion of Pjaca.

Your thoughts are welcome as always…

forza juve

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: ‘Juventus my first choice’

http://www.football-italia.net/88646/pjaca-‘juventus-my-first-choice’

Aug 1, 2016

Marko Pjaca “only thought of Juventus” ahead of his move from Dinamo Zagreb, despite interest from Milan.

The Croatian international eventually signed for the Bianconeri, despite Diavolo CEO Adriano Galliani travelling to Zagreb to try and strike a deal.

“I only thought of Juve,” Pjaca told Goal.

“I always wanted Juventus, they were my first choice. There were several options, but I insisted on going to Juventus. They’re the best, a great team that’s winning trophies and playing regularly in the Champions League.

“It’s a big challenge, but that’s what I signed up for. I’m sure while I’m there I’ll improve and lift trophies.

“I haven’t talked to [Coach Max] Allegri, I spoke to [Mario] Mandzukic who told me great things about the club and the city.

“I haven’t spoken about the targets for the season, but I think they’re clear: a club that buys so many quality players should continue to dominate in Italy and win the Scudetto, but also in the Champions League.

“I don’t know if winning that is an obligation, but it’s definitely a target.

“I know that I’ll have to fight for a place at Juve, but I know what awaits me. Juve are much stronger than Dinamo, I know there isn’t a spot waiting for me but I’m ready for anything and I’ll try to prove myself.

“I was impressed when I signed. You can feel the greatness of Juve as a club in every respect, from the stadium to the medical centre. I’ll probably be a bit nervous the first time I walk into the dressing room.

“I’ll try to prove myself, I’ve started to learn Italian but of course it will be a big help to have Mandzukic and [Miralem] Pjanic nearby, guys who speak my language.

Mandzo had already offered his help with anything, and I haven't had the chance to meet Pjanic yet.

“I can’t say it was my dream to play in Italy, I was open to anything, but in the end most of the offers came from there.

“I know Galliani was in Zagreb, but I never met him. At the time I was at Dinamo’s pre-season training camp in Slovenia.”

Pjaca is now the most expensive signing from Croatian football in history, does that put added pressure on him?

“No, I don't feel the pressure for being the most expensive transfer in Croatian league history, I just feel big honour and privilege.

“I am at Juventus, who pay out far more for other players than they paid for me, so I don't feel any pressure because of the money they spent to get me.

“I have so many people asking me for the Juventus jersey I will probably need to rent a truck to bring them next time when I come to Zagreb!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Marko Pjaca vs. West Ham United: Juventus' new

Croatian winger gets his unofficial debut

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/8/12401088/juventus-

marko-pjaca-vs-west-ham-united-individual-highlights

Aug 8, 2016

Not only was Sunday's 3-2 friendly win over West Ham United the first chance to see Juventus' new zebra-themed third kit in action, but also the opportunity to see a couple of summer signings to make their (unofficial) debuts with the club.

There was Dani Alves. There was Gonzalo Higuain and his not-so-slender summer body. And there was also our first glimpse of Marko Pjaca in a Juventus jersey as the young Croatian winger came on as a second-half substitute.

/sound the celebratory horns/

We've already gotten to know the 21-year-old Pjaca a little over a week ago on this blog. The only thing left to do was to actually see him step out onto a field wearing Juventus colors and getting screamed instructions at by Max Allegri. Even with it being a friendly, both of those things happened on Sunday. And we have video proof of it all!

Is two-plus minutes the biggest sample size? Of course not.

But watching the highlight video above, and I had just one thought continuously pop into my head: Marko Pjaca sure does like to take on defenders and roll out his bag of tricks.

Now, West Ham won't be the gold standard of teams that Juve face this season. Nor will West Ham's second-half lineup be the best lineup Juve face this season. But to see Pjaca taking on defenders, combining with Higuain and the likes, even showing off a shot from outside the box that went zooming just past the upper-right corner of the West Ham goal.

Pjaca has talent — and what looks like a lot of it. I don't think anybody can really deny that at this point. The more we see him, the more we will (hopefully) see Pjaca grow into a player that has a big impact on Juventus this season and beyond. For now, though, we will have to live with a two-minute video of Pjaca's first Juventus appearance until there are more Juventus appearances to talk about. Sounds good?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: ‘I’ll play anywhere’

http://www.football-italia.net/89047/pjaca-‘i’ll-play-anywhere’?

Aug 10, 2016

New Juventus signing Marko Pjaca “can play in almost any position” and praises their “history of success”.

The Croatian international joined the Bianconeri for a fee of €23m from Dinamo Zagreb this summer, and was officially presented to the media today.

“I came to Juventus because I think this is a great team with a very good history of success,” Pjaca said in the Press conference.

“I want to improve every day, in every training session and in every match. I came here to help the team win as many trophies as possible in the coming years.

“I chose Juventus because I’ve come here to achieve my personal goals. I believe that Juventus will grow a lot in the coming years.

“That’s why I chose this team, because it gives me the chance to play in the Champions League and that was my main motivation.

“At Dinamo I played as a left-winger, but when I was younger I played as a central midfielder. I think I can play in almost any position, it depends on what the Coach [Max Allegri] chooses.

“I’ll be happy to help the team in any role.

“In this team every player has their position, their role, and they know what they have to do. The same goes for me.

“On a personal level I hope to become a real player in the coming years, I hope I can help the team and make the Coach happy.”

Pjaca has become the most expensive transfer in the history of Croatian football, but insists he doesn’t feel under pressure.

“I agree I cost a lot of money, but Juventus have paid more money for other players. So I won’t feel under pressure, I’ll try to do my best to show everyone that the money was well-spent.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Marko Pjaca signed with Juventus ‘to win

trophies, play in the Champions League’

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/10/12422188/marko-pjaca-

juventus-2016-serie-a-summer-transfers-scudetto-champions-league

Aug 10, 2016

Keeping with their newfound tradition of giving every new signing an introductory press conference, Wednesday afternoon was the day that Marko Pjaca met the Italian media for the first time as a Juventus player. At the age of 20, Pjaca arrives in Turin with a heavy price tag, coming over from Dinamo Zagreb for €23 million back on July 21.

But don’t tell him that his big-money move to Juventus will suddenly bring with him a burden of pressure to try and perform under.

I agree, it’s a lot of money, but Juventus have paid more money for some other players. So that will not be pressure for me. I will try to do my best and prove that the money was well spent.

That was the general theme of Pjaca’s first time in front of a microphone in a snazzy dark blue suit with the Juventus crest on the left side of his jacket. He answered what was asked of him honestly even though some of the journalists definitely had a Paul Pogba-themed tone to their questions. Italian journalists, man.

But, even with that, he made sure we knew what his goals are and why he decided to sign with Juventus (more on that later, too):

I think it’s a great club, a big club with a great history. Of course, I want to grow as a player. I want to become better with each day, with each training and with each game. Of course I came here to help the team and the club to win many trophies in the next few years.

I chose Juventus because I can achieve my personal goals here. I think Juventus will win many trophies in the next few years, so I came here to win trophies and to play in the Champions League. That was my main motivation to come here.

On where the best place on the field is for him to play:

Left winger, but during my career and when I was younger I played as a central attacking midfielder, so I think I can play almost all of the positions in the attacking third of the pitch. Wherever the coach decides to put me, I will give my best and help the team.

Pjaca went on to say that his idol growing up was Ronaldinho, which made me feel old because that’s somebody I grew up watching. He also said that he spoke with fellow Croatian and new Juventus teammate Mario Mandzukic about what it was like at the club. “(Mandzukic) told me everything positive about the team, the club, the city, about everything. I helped me choose, but there was never a doubt about which club I wanted to go to,” Pjaca added.

I just came here, so I want to play in the Italian championship. This is my future now, so I don’t think about anything else. My mind is focused on Juventus and the Italian championship. In the future we will think about it.

My main goal is to be better as a player and a person and of course win trophies. I will always choose my heart before money — and so I did in this case.

I mean, how can you not love the second part of that quote above? Like the other Balkan players Juventus have signed in recent years, Pjaca definitely seems to tell it like it is. I like those kinds of players.

One more thing: Pjaca said that he’s learning Italian and that he likes to play basketball. So it looks like Max Allegri has a new player to face on the basketball court when the season gets going again.

He’s got a lot to live up to with the No. 20 jersey. It’s not every day that somebody gets to wear a number once worn by Simone Padoin...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Pjaca: ‘I want the Champions League’

http://www.football-italia.net/89054/pjaca-‘i-want-champions-league’

Aug 10, 2016

New Juventus signing Marko Pjaca declares “I want to win the Champions League”.

The Croatian international signed for the Bianconeri for €23m from Dinamo Zagreb this summer, and has his official presentation today.

Following the Press conference, the winger spoke to JTV and discussed his ambitions in Turin.

“I want to win the Scudetto, that’s my main goal,” Pjaca explained.

“I want to win the Champions League, and hopefully we can go as far as possible.

“Most of the teams who were interested me were playing here in Serie A, Juventus were the biggest and it’s always been my dream to play for Juve and be part of such an important club.

“So from day one I always wanted to be part of this team.

“Mario Mandzukic? We talked about it, and he said some very positive things about the club. He spoke very well of his teammates and that’s one of the reasons I chose Juventus.

“I wanted to be part of this team from day one, and Mario helped me to make this choice.

“I like to play as a winger and as an attacking midfielder, my main objective is to help the team, no matter if I score goals or provide assists.

“I’m learning Italian, it’s not easy but I only arrived here 10 days ago and I hope to learn Italian within a few months.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus move a big step in my development

as a player - Marko Pjaca

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2926771/juventus-move-a-big-

step-in-my-development-as-a-player-marko-pjaca

Aug 10, 2016

Marko Pjaca has said joining Juventus is a key step in his career, giving him the opportunity to train and play with some of the best in the business and win trophies.

The Croatian midfielder, who joined from Dinamo Zagreb is one of five high-profile signings the Bianconeri have made this summer as they bid to transform their domestic dominance into Champions League success.

Gonzalo Higuain, Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic and Medhi Benatia have also joined Massimiliano Allegri's side, but they have lost Paul Pogba to Manchester United.

"I want to improve as a player and as a person and there are so many champions here that I have got to learn from and not feel in awe of," Pjaca said at a news conference on Wednesday.

"I can reach my personal objectives here and play in the Champions League. This is why I chose Juve.

#Pjaca: “Juve, the only choice for me.” Press conference comments from our new Croatian  http://ow.ly/8R353036Jpe 

"The club have a great history and they have invested a lot in me, but this does not put me under any additional pressure. I will aim to show that the club did well placing their faith in me."

Pjaca joins compatriot Mario Mandzukic in the Juve squad, and said he had convinced him to move to Turin amid interest from AC Milan.

"Mario spoke very highly of Juve when we were in the national team and he helped me choose," the 21-year-old explained. "I didn't have any doubts. I want to put myself to the test in Italian football.

"It's going to be difficult because there are some excellent sides here, but our squad is great and I believe we can win the Scudetto."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Mario Mandzukic has no problem with

Gonzalo Higuain at Juventus - Pjaca

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2941873/mario-mandzukic-

has-no-problem-with-gonzalo-higuain-at-juventus-pjaca

Sep 1, 2016

The arrival of Gonzalo Higuain at Juventus has not unsettled Mario Mandzukic, Marko Pjaca has said.

Higuain, who scored a Serie A record 36 goals for Napoli last season, joined the champions over the summer.

Mandzukic, however, has started the first two games of the season and Pjaca, who joined from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer, told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "He has no problem with Higuain's arrival.

"He knows that there will be room for everybody. When he called me to tell me to come here, he always said that this is a team full of champions, and I owe a lot to him for my decision to come here.

"Mario has been decisive in me settling in here, also in my day-to-day life."

Pjaca has played only two minutes of Juve's opening two Serie A matches, but the 21-year-old said he was prepared to wait for a chance to shine.

"It's a moment of transition and I have to deal with it," he explained. "I need to improve day by day and never forget to be serious and focused, and then my moment will come -- I'm sure."

He said he had joined "a club with a unique history, with few equals in the world" and added: "They are all top players, but if I have to name one of them then it would have to be Gianluigi Buffon.

"You just have to talk to him for a second and you realise that you're not standing in front of a footballer, but a legend."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti