Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gonzalo Higuaín

130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Argentina snub Higuain again

http://www.football-italia.net/109926/argentina-snub-higuain-again

Sep 15, 2017

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain is once again left out of the Argentina squad, but Papu Gomez is included.

The Albiceleste face Peru and Ecuador next month in the final two games of CONMEBOL World Cup qualification.

Jorge Sampaoli’s side currently sit fifth, which would see them enter a play-off with New Zealand in November, but Chile lie just a point behind, and if Argentina slip to sixth they’d miss out on the tournament altogether.

Sampaoli has today named his squad for the two crunch matches, with Higuain again left out.

There’s plenty of Serie A representation though, with Roma’s Federico Fazio, Inter’s Mauro Icardi, Paulo Dybala of Juventus and Milan midfielder Lucas Biglia joining Gomez in the squad.

Argentina squad to face Peru and Ecuador:

Goalkeepers: Romero, Guzmàn, Marchesin

Defenders: Fazio, Mammana, Pezzella, Mascherano, Otamendi, Mercado

Midfielders: Acuna, Di Maria, Biglia, Paredes, Banega, A. Gomez, Salvio, Rigoni

Forwards: Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ravanelli: ‘Higuain a burden for Juve’

http://www.football-italia.net/110220/ravanelli-‘higuain-burden-juve’

Sep 21, 2017

Former Juventus striker Fabrizio Ravanelli slams Gonzalo Higuain - “I’d leave him out against Torino”.

Pipita has been criticised for his form so far this season, culminating in a disastrous showing against Fiorentina last night.

“He’s really confused, he looks like a shadow of the Higuain we know,” Ravanelli said on Radio Sportiva.

“Allegri continuing to play him right now doesn’t help him, because he needs tranquility. His problem is more mental than physical.

“I think being left out of the national team hurt him, he should rest, above all his head. He should take a week’s holiday and then come back.

“He’s frustrated, he’s out of the game, he’s always trying to force it and he won’t help the team like that.

“I’d leave him out for the derby. I think he’s currently a burden for Juve, aside from the goals he’s scored he hasn’t been the Gonzalo we know.

“He scored an important goal in the derby last year, but from then on his performances have been disastrous.

“He needs to get back to being an important player, and this criticism than he can’t do it in important matches will certainly have hurt him: he’s struggling to score in the Champions League.

“All of this talk certainly won’t help him, but we know he’s a superstar, a top player, because Juve paid €90m for him.

“Unfortunately he’s not in condition to play right now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Among best career moments'

http://www.football-italia.net/110522/higuain-among-best-career-moments

Sep 27, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain “not disturbed by criticism or insults” and the Juventus hug was “one of the most wonderful moments of my career.”

Pipita had been benched for two consecutive matches, but came on as a substitute to score the opener and help set up the second for Mario Mandzukic in the 2-0 victory over Olympiakos.

“I didn’t feel freed of a weight on my shoulders. I always felt free. I’ve been playing in Europe for over 10 years and have always scored a lot of goals, so I was not remotely disturbed,” Higuain told Mediaset Premium.

“The important thing is to keep working in silence, as that is what gets you back to the result. I am not disturbed by criticism or insults, it’s all about having faith in yourself.

“Anyone can talk now, but those who really matter are the ones who stay close to you even when things are going badly. The fans really fired me up before I came on and I thank them.

“The credit goes to those who stood by me, who helped me and my teammates who ran to hug me. This was one of the most wonderful moments of my career.”

The Argentine was shown tomorrow’s edition of Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport, which has the headline: ‘Higuayes.’

“Thanks, Tuttosport. They had Higuano and now Higuayes,” he said sarcastically.

“I dedicate the goal to everyone who stayed close to me, my family and teammates. This is not revenge, I didn’t win any challenge. I was happy to score a goal, just as I always am.

“Football can change so quickly, from criticism to praise and back. I have been in football for many years, I don’t let it affect me. I think the most important thing is to have a clear head.

“I heard people say I was in crisis for not scoring two or three games, that’s good, because evidently they were accustomed to me scoring every game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Argentina snub Higuain, call Papu

http://www.football-italia.net/110753/argentina-snub-higuain-call-papu

Oct 2, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain has again been left out of the Argentina squad, but Paulo Dybala, Papu Gomez and Mauro Icardi make it.

The South Americans will face Peru in a crunch match for 2018 World Cup qualifying, but Coach Jorge Sampaoli has once more snubbed Pipita.

The Juventus striker was dropped for two games by Max Allegri before breaking his goal drought, so this week scored against both Olympiakos and Atalanta.

Despite a fractured rib for Sergio Aguero ruling out the Manchester City striker, there is still no room for Higuain.

Juve teammate Dybala does make it into the squad, along with Atalanta winger Alejandro ‘Papu’ Gomez and Inter hitman Icardi.

Other Serie A figures involved are Roma defender Federico Fazio, Fiorentina centre-back German Pezzella and Milan midfielder Lucas Biglia.

Argentina squad: Romero, Guzman, Marchesin; Fazio, Mammana, Pezzella, Mascherano, Otamendi, Mercado, Casco; Acuna, Di Maria, Biglia, Paredes, Banega, A Gomez, Salvio, Rigoni, P Perez, Gago, E Perez; Messi, Benedetto, Icardi, Dybala, Acosta

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Biglia: Higuain over Icardi

http://www.football-italia.net/111246/biglia-higuain-over-icardi

Oct 14, 2017

Milan midfielder Lucas Biglia admits he would prefer Juventus’ Gonzalo Higuain to lead Argentina’s line at the 2018 World Cup over Inter’s Mauro Icardi.

Higuain was dropped towards the end of Argentina’s qualifying campaign for the World Cup, with Icardi playing as the Albiceleste’s lone striker instead.

However, Biglia told TyC Sports: “As a No 9, I prefer Higuain. He deserves another World Cup.

“Sampaoli? He has no faults, he has pulled through a difficult qualifying campaign and has unfinished business.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain still out for Argentina

http://www.football-italia.net/111595/higuain-still-out-argentina

Oct 20, 2017

Argentina have again overlooked Gonzalo Higuain for their squad to face Russia on November 10 but call up five Serie A players, including Mauro Icardi.

Higuain’s poor form for Juve since the start of the season keeps him out of Argentina’s squad, but Coach Jorge Sampaoli assured the striker was in his thoughts for the World Cup next summer.

“Gonzalo’s a player I know well, he has nothing to prove,” he said at a Press conference.

“It’ll be up to us to evaluate Higuain, whether to bring him to the World Cup or not.

“It’s up to the Coach to determine compatibility between the players. I don’t think it’s that difficult for Messi and Dybala to play together on the pitch.

“Spain and Germany have consolidated their ideas over the past few years, but we’re also among the elite of football and Messi always gives us great things. He’s the best player in the world.

“I’ll evaluate the performances of Perotti and Kranevitter in the game. On the other hand, I see Rojo as a central defender and not a full-back.

“The World Cup will be different to qualifying.”

Joining Icardi from Italy are Fiorentina defender German Pezzella and Roma pair Federico Fazio and Diego Perotti, plus Atalanta attacker Alejandro Gomez.

Argentina squad for Russia: Romero, Guzman, Marchesin; Marchesin, Fazio, Mercado, Otamendi, Pezzella; Salvio, Biglia, Banega, Acuna, Paredes, Emiliano Rigoni, Kranevitter, Papu, Perotti; Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Di Maria, Dybala

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain left out by Argentina again

http://www.football-italia.net/112233/higuain-left-out-argentina-again

Nov 2, 2017

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain has once again been left out of the Argentina squad, but Roma’s Diego Perotti is included.

Since Jorge Sampaoli took over as Coach of the Albiceleste, Higuain hasn’t been called up and he has again been excluded for the games with Russia and Nigeria.

Pipita has four goals and an assist in his last four games, but it appears that wasn’t enough to change Sampaoli’s mind.

Higuain’s Juventus teammate Paulo Dybala is in the squad, as is Roma winger Diego Perotti.

Other Serie A representatives include Inter captain Mauro Icardi and Atalanta’s Papu Gomez.

Argentina squad to face Russia and Nigeria:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero [Manchester United], Nahuel Guzmán [UANL], Agustín Marchesín [América]

Defenders: Javier Mascherano [Barcelona], Nicolas Otamendi [Manchester City], Federico Fazio [Roma], Gabriel Mercado [Sevilla], Germán Pezzella [Fiorentina], Emiliano Insua [VfB Stuttgart]

Midfielders: Ever Banega [Sevilla], Eduardo Salvio [Benfica], Marcos Acuna [Sporting CP], Matías Kranevitter [Zenit St Petersburg], Leandro Paredes [Zenit St Petersburg], Emiliano Rigoni [Zenit St Petersburg], Alejandro Gomez [Atalanta]Diego Perotti [Roma]

Forwards: Lionel Messi [Barcelona], Sergio Aguero [Manchester City], Mauro Icardi [Inter], Angel Di Maria [Paris Saint-Germain], Paulo Dybala [Juventus], Darío Benedetto [Boca Juniors], Cristian Pavón [Boca Juniors]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain 'so happy' at Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/112714/higuain-so-happy-juventus

Nov 12, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain “was so happy” when he signed for Juventus and could not have asked for more after leaving Napoli, said his brother Nicolas.

Pipita made the transfer in 2016 when Juve activated the €90m release clause in his contract, infuriating the Partenopei.

“The first image that comes to mind is Gonzalo signing the contract, then he picked me up in his arms and threw me up in the air. He was so happy,” brother and agent Nicolas Higuain told Tuttosport.

Is the rapport with Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis still extremely tense?

“At the moment, no comment.”

His former teammates at Napoli are currently top of the Serie A table with Juventus in second place.

“It’s a sport, there’s no problem… but if Juve win, it’s better. There’s a long way to go this season and if the Bianconeri continue like this, they can reach the Scudetto.

“In any case, Gonzalo won the Serie A title in his first year in Turin, then the Coppa Italia and reached the Champions League Final. What more could he have asked for?

“He had always scored goals in every club, but Juve helps you to grow. This club has an incredible organisation.”

Nicolas was asked to choose his brother’s favourite goal.

“The second in a Boca Juniors-River Plate match, or the one for Argentina against Belgium that gave us the World Cup semi-final after 24 years.

“How can I not include the goals for Juve he scored against Roma, with Napoli in the Coppa Italia and this season against Milan. The first goal at San Siro was a really difficult bit of technique.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain out of Napoli clash

http://www.football-italia.net/113434/report-higuain-out-napoli-clash

Nov 27, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain will reportedly miss Juventus’ Serie A showdown against Napoli on Friday due to hand surgery.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Higuain will have an operation on his left hand “in the next few hours” and will consequently be unavailable for the trip to Napoli.

The striker infamously left the Partenopei for Juve in the summer of 2016 for an Italian record fee of €90m and scored on his return to the San Paolo last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Higuain facing 2-3 weeks out’

http://www.football-italia.net/113443/‘higuain-facing-2-3-weeks-out’

Nov 27, 2017

An orthopaedic surgeon claims Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain is facing “2-3 weeks out” as a result of his imminent hand surgery.

Higuain’s operation comes at a difficult time as Juve travel to Scudetto rivals Napoli on Friday, but Matteo Vitali warned the striker could also miss the Bianconeri’s similarly-crucial clash with Inter early next month.

“Recovery times will be around 2-3 weeks,” he told Premium Sport.

“Could the operation have been put off? Pain affects performance and a fall on the fracture could turn this injury into something even more serious.

“The stance of preserving the player, I believe, is dictated by these assessments.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain goes under the knife

http://www.football-italia.net/113446/higuain-goes-under-knife

Nov 27, 2017

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain is having surgery at the Sedes Sapientiae clinic, but it’s very unlikely he’ll be able to face Napoli.

The striker missed last night’s win over Crotone, having broken the third metacarpal on his left hand.

Should Pipita fall on or take a blow to the finger it could make the injury worse, so he’s undergoing surgery this evening.

According to Sky, there is still some hope that he could make a miraculous recovery to face the Partenopei on Friday, but it’s more likely he’ll be back for Olympiakos in the Champions League next week.

The 29-year-old has 10 goals and four assists so far this season, but is a hate figure in Naples after leaving the San Paolo to move to Turin in the summer of 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: ‘Juve have rediscovered hunger’

http://www.football-italia.net/113702/higuain-‘juve-have-rediscovered-hunger’

Dec 3, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain says Juventus have ‘rediscovered the right hunger’ following an indifferent start to the season.

The Old Lady attracted criticism in the early part of the campaign for several lacklustre performances in Serie A, while they have also made hard work of qualifying from Champions League Group D.

However, Friday night’s 1-0 win at Scudetto rivals Napoli took the defending champions just one point behind the League leaders, giving Higuain renewed belief that Juve are back on track.

“Winning a seventh straight Scudetto would be something incredible,” the Argentine forward told Tuttosport.

“We have rediscovered the right hunger, we are sorry we didn’t have it in the first part of the season.

“There are some regrets for that, but it’s natural to have some drops in intensity.”

Juve travel to face Greek side Olympiacos in their final Champions League group match knowing they must win if they are to guarantee progression to the knockout phase.

“The win against Napoli gives us another boost ahead of the Champions League match.

“It is a match in which we cannot make mistakes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Messi: 'Higuain one of the best'

http://www.football-italia.net/113884/messi-higuain-one-best

Dec 6, 2017

Lionel Messi insists Gonzalo Higuain “is one of the best centre-forwards in the world and he needs to be in the Argentina squad.”

The Juventus striker has been dropped for the last few games in favour of Inter hitman Mauro Icardi.

“As far as I am concerned, Higuain is one of the best centre-forwards in the world. He proves that with Juventus and it’s just not the same thing playing for Argentina,” Barcelona hero Messi told TyC Sports in Argentina.

“Criticism does hurt him and we’ve talked about this many times. I think this period off international duty was good for him, though, as he has been able to focus on training and improving his fitness levels.

“Having said that, he needs to be in the Argentina squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: ‘Inter will be a battle’

http://www.football-italia.net/113921/higuain-‘inter-will-be-battle’

Dec 7, 2017

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain expects “a battle” against Inter on Saturday, and calls the Napoli fans “fantastic”.

The Bianconeri face the league leaders in Turin this weekend, and they can go top of Serie A with a win against Luciano Spalletti’s side.

“They’re a tough opponent, with a great Coach who is proving that he’s great,” Higuain told Sky.

“It’ll be a battle and we hope to go top before Napoli’s result. We hope to play a great game and take home these three points which will be crucial in the title race.”

Higuain scored the winner against his former side Napoli last week, inflicting upon them their first defeat of the season.

Whenever the striker returns to the San Paolo he is subjected to deafening whistles, having left the club to move to Juve. 

“To not concede at the San Paolo is practically impossible, so we played a great game. I’ll never change my mind about those three years in Naples, the Napoli fans were fantastic.

“Of course everyone is free to express their dissent as they wish.

“Can the relationship be repaired? You’d have to ask the Napoli fans.”

Juventus reached the Last 16 of the Champions League in midweek, who do they hope to face in the next round?

“It doesn’t matter who our opponent will be,” Higuain shrugged.

“You have to face everyone in the Champions League, there’s a conviction we can do well again this year.”

Finally, Pipita was asked about Lionel Messi’s praise, with the Barcelona forward saying he should always be called for Argentina.

“I’m happy, I have a very good relationship with him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain can match Rossi and Conte

http://www.football-italia.net/114282/higuain-can-match-rossi

Dec 14, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain will match Antonio Conte and Paolo Rossi if he scores for Juventus against Bologna on Sunday.

The Argentinian striker has scored 43 goals in 77 games since joining the Bianconeri from Napoli in the summer of 2016, meaning it takes him slightly under two games to score one goal.

His record so far has him 40th in the all-time top-scorer list for the Old Lady, but he can match two club legends this weekend.

Conte, who is currently Chelsea manager, managed 44 goals in 419 games in his role as a combative midfielder, with the feat taking him 13 seasons.

Rossi managed it in less time, with the 1982 World Cup hero getting his 44 in two spells across six seasons and 138 games.

Paulo Dybala is currently 13 goals ahead of his compatriot in terms of goalscorers in the team, with both looking to crack the 100 barrier, something only 13 players have managed for Juve so far.

Alessandro Del Piero is way out in front in terms of goals with 289, 110 more than second-place Giampiero Boniperti.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sampaoli to meet Higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/115045/sampaoli-meet-higuain

Jan 3, 2018

Argentina boss Jorge Sampaoli has confirmed that he will meet Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain, with the World Cup in view.

Higuain has been the biggest casualty of Sampaoli’s Argentina reign as the Coach has preferred Inter’s Mauro Icardi to lead the line, but he made it clear the 29-year-old was firmly in his thoughts for next summer’s showpiece.

“I’ll meet some players, including Icardi and Higuain,” he told Fox Sports Argentina.

“At the end of the trip, my squad won’t be decided because I’ll still have 45-60 players to go through.

“With these visits, we’ll watch them train and talk to their Coaches.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Higuain is Argentina’s best striker’

https://www.football-italia.net/116387/‘higuain-argentina’s-best-striker’

Jan 30, 2018

Claudio Caniggia believes Gonzalo Higuain “is the best striker Argentina have”, and predicts his old side Atalanta will give Juventus a tough test tonight.

The former forward won 50 caps for the Albiceleste in his playing career, and he insists Pipita must go to the World Cup.

“In my opinion he is the best striker Argentina have,” Caniggia told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Even more than Icardi and Aguero. He’s perfect to play with [Lionel] Messi because he’s technically very good at moving the ball and he has a deadly shot.

“I think he has to be the number 9 for the national team in Russia.

“Is Paulo Dybala the heir to Messi? Don’t joke around, there’s no-one like Leo. Dybala is a champion, but he’s yet to show it in the Albiceleste shirt.”

Caniggia had two spells with Atalanta during his playing career, and he was asked for his assessment of the current side.

“It seems a bit like the one I was in during Napoli’s second Scudetto year with Mondonico on the bench.

“They play well, they’re solid and they don’t fear anyone. They cause problems for everyone, just as we did for those who played us.

“[Coach Gian Piero] Gasperini is doing a great job, you can clearly see his stamp on the style of play which he’s been implementing since last year.

“It’s never easy for a provincial team to perform well in Serie A, even more so when you have European commitments which drain mental and physical energy.

“Clearly, thanks to their Coach, Atalanta don’t just have great organisation, but technical quality too.

“The Coppa semi-final? It’s hard to say, the prediction is not obvious and it’ll be harder for the Bianconeri than many believe.

“Atalanta’s defence is very tough, Palomino for example is very interesting.

“Is Papu Gomez like me? Let’s say yes, though if I played in Serie A these days I’d get 30 goals because the level has dropped a lot.

“Papu is really strong though, and a wonderful lad. I met him when he was at Catania and he made a great impression.

“He deserved his call-up to the national team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: ‘Focused on Fiorentina’

https://www.football-italia.net/116778/higuain-‘focused-fiorentina’

Feb 5, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain warns thinking about Tottenham Hotspur already would be “a huge error” for Juventus, with Fiorentina to come on Friday.

The striker had been going through something of a goal drought, but now has five goals in his last three games after a hat-trick against Sassuolo yesterday.

“We prepared the match to press them from the first minute,” Higuain told JTV.

“[Coach Max] Allegri asked us to be aggressive because Sassuolo are a very technical team, but scoring four goals in the first half helped us direct the game.

“There are still a lot of games to go, but we’re on the right path.

“The Fiorentina game which is coming up on Friday is very important, we absolute cannot afford to think about the Champions League.

“It would be a huge error, concentration, ruthlessness and a sense of responsibility are key to our approach.

“There are still a lot of games to go until the head-to-head game with Napoli, so we need to face every match with the utmost concentration.

“Tottenham? We’ll prepare for that game starting from Saturday morning, in competitions like that it doesn’t change much whether you’re at home or away first.

“The important thing for Tuesday will be to try and score, not concede, then play for it in London.”

Higuain also discussed his hat-trick, and singled out Claudio Marchisio’s assist for his second in particular.

“I’d been waiting for this hat-trick, I’ve already scored a double a few times so I’m really happy to have succeeded and I hope it’s not the last one.

“I really like it when the midfielders give me balls like that beautiful one from Marchisio for my second goal.

“When you get assists like that it’s always a clear cut goalscoring chance.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Balbo: ‘Higuain better than Kane’

https://www.football-italia.net/116808/balbo-‘higuain-better-kane’

Feb 6, 2018

Former Roma striker Abel Balbo expects a “nice duel” between Harry Kane and Gonzalo Higuain, but believes the Juventus man is “more complete”.

The Bianconeri face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League next week, and it’s already being billed as a showdown between two of Europe’s deadliest strikers.

“It’s a really nice duel,” Balbo told Tuttosport.

“We’ll talk about it so much and then the defenders will score, that’s what always happens! They’re two great strikers, but I prefer Higuain.

“The Englishman is an exceptional finisher, but Pipita is more complete. As well as scoring, he makes the team work.

“The World Cup? In my opinion Higuain doesn’t just have to go, he has to be Argentina’s starting centre-forward.

“Sampaoli was right to leave him out during qualifying, he wasn’t going through a good period and at that point going to the national team would have done him more harm than good.

“I’d focus on him in Russia though. Argentina play with the ball on the ground a lot, a bit of a Spanish style, and Pipita is more suited to that than Icardi.

“I really like him [Icardi], he’s fantastic in the box but he participates less in the build-up.

“I see a lot of myself in him for that reason, he knows how to score, but he’s not that classic physical striker who stands in the box and scores with his head.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Maradona: Higuain is "worth 10 times more" than Icardi

https://www.football-italia.net/117033/maradona-blasts-biglia-icardi

Feb 11, 2018

Diego Armando Maradona viciously criticised Mauro Icardi and Lucas Biglia, insisting Gonzalo Higuain is “worth 10 times more” than the Inter striker.

The Argentina and Napoli legend always hits the headlines when he speaks and gave a typically fiery interview to newspaper El Popular.

“If Leo Messi is in good shape, then he can hide all the limitations of the Argentina team,” said El Pibe de Oro.

“The real problem with Argentina is the lack of talent behind him. For example, we don’t have a midfield worthy of note. No offence, but who could’ve imagined Biglia would wear our international jersey even for one day?

“Today’s Argentina no longer strikes fear into the opponents. Apart from Messi, people have lost respect for the Albiceleste shirt.”

Maradona returned to one of his favourite subjects: insulting Icardi.

“Without a shadow of a doubt, Carlos Tevez deserves to go to the World Cup. There’s nobody better out there. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a suitable Number 9.

“Higuain deserves an opportunity, as he is worth 10 times more than that shameful Icardi.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Constructive criticism only'

https://www.football-italia.net/117289/higuain-constructive-criticism-only

Feb 16, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain said Juventus will “always listen to constructive criticism, not one that is destructive.”

The striker was lambasted in the Press and on social media after missing a penalty in the 2-2 Champions League draw with Tottenham Hotspur, even though he scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes.

“We always go forward… listening to constructive criticism, not one that is destructive,” wrote Pipita on Instagram.

“Thank you to everyone for your messages of affection. Good day to you all.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain gets Argentina recall

https://www.football-italia.net/117919/higuain-gets-argentina-recall

March 1, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain has been recalled to the Argentina squad to face Italy and Spain, but Juventus teammate Paulo Dybala and Inter’s Mauro Icardi are left out.

It was rumoured yesterday that Dybala would be dropped for Lautaro Martinez, as La Joya has just returned from a hamstring injury.

Today Jorge Sampaoli has confirmed his squad, and while the Juve forward is indeed left out, there’s no place for Inter target Martinez.

Nerazzurri captain Icardi is also left out, but Higuain has been called-up for the first time under Sampaoli, despite his sprained ankle.

Roma’s Federico Fazio and Diego Perotti are also in, as is Milan midfielder Lucas Biglia.

The Albiceleste face Italy and Spain next month.

Argentina squad for Italy and Spain:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero [Manchester United], Nahuel Guzmán [Tigres], Willy Caballero [Chelsea]

Defenders: Marcos Rojo [Manchester United], Ramiro Funes Mori [Everton], Federico Fazio [Roma], Nicolas Otamendi [Manchester City], Marcos Acuña [Sporting CP], Eduardo Salvio [Benfica], Nicolás Tagliafico [Ajax], Gabriel Mercado [Sevilla]

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano [China Hebei Fortune], Leandro Paredes [Zenit St Petersburg], Manuel Lanzini [West Ham United], Giovani Lo Celso [Paris Saint-Germain], Lucas Biglia [Milan], Ever Banega [Sevilla], Angel Di Maria [Paris Saint-Germain]

Forwards: Gonzalo Higuain [Juventus], Lionel Messi [Barcelona], Sergio Aguero [Manchester City], Diego Perotti [Roma]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Buffon words helped me'

https://www.football-italia.net/118310/higuain-buffon-words-helped-me

Mar 10, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain reveals Juventus captain Gigi Buffon’s advice proved decisive during a moment of crisis. “He deserves to win the Champions League.”

Pipita was crucial in securing victory over Tottenham Hotspur, as over two legs he scored three goals and provided an assist for Paulo Dybala.

“It was a complicated game, as we knew it was going to be difficult, but after they scored the opening goal at Wembley, we were still well in it. We did well to win at a legendary stadium like Wembley,” Higuain told Radio Continental in Argentina.

“A crucial moment for me this season was the game against Udinese. We won 6-2 and I didn’t score any goals, but Buffon came up to me and said I inhabited the values of the team to win. Buffon’s words really helped me, as even if I hadn’t scored a goal, he really touched me.

“I always put myself up to the challenge and think that if you set yourself limits, you risk going backwards rather than forwards.

“I have a great rapport with Gigi and admired him even before than as a player, the way he trains. He gave me a strong hug and someone like him deserves to win the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: ‘Happy with Argentina call’

https://www.football-italia.net/118763/higuain-‘happy-argentina-call’

Mar 20, 2018

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain sends “a salute to all those who criticised me” after his Argentina recall.

Pipita has 31 goals in 68 games for the Albiceleste, but has been criticised after missing good chances in major finals.

Jorge Sampaoli initially left out the Bianconeri striker, but with 10 goals and three assists in his last 10 games the 30-year-old has been given a recall for this month’s friendlies.

“I hope to make the most of this opportunity,” Higuain told the AFA’s official website.

“I’m very happy to be here. I’m coming off six months of being absent, so it’s very important to be here, it means I’ve been working well and I hope I can convince the Coach to take me to the World Cup.

“The criticism? My job is to play football, I’m not here to talk. I send a salute to all those who criticised me and I hope they’re happy, because I am.

“Two good games [with Italy and Spain] await us, Italy are a tough team to face, especially defensively, so it’ll be a nice test for us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Dybala must stay strong'

https://www.football-italia.net/118812/higuain-dybala-must-stay-strong

Mar 21, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain has given Juventus and Argentina teammate Paulo Dybala advice. “If he keeps a strong head, he’ll be a really great player.”

Pipita is in Argentina with his national team preparing for Friday’s friendly against Italy, whereas Dybala was left off the squad list after a recent injury lay-off.

“I already knew of Paulo when I was at Napoli and he played for Palermo,” Higuain told TyC Sports.

“He had a great campaign there and scored many goals. Juve signed him, he continued to grow and improve at a high level.

“Paulo is a friend as well as a teammate, so I try to reassure and look after him, give him advice. He has this enormous potential, is only 24 years old, but the important thing is not to skip steps or go too quickly. It’s a learning process.

“If he keeps a strong head, he’ll be a really great player. He is at an age where he feels brave, I know as I’ve been through it, and if you’re not strong mentally, you could be in trouble.

“Praise is so plentiful one day and you’re on the crest of a wave, the next they’re tearing you down. You must be strong to ride through that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti