Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gonzalo Higuaín

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Hamsik: ‘Napoli an honour’

http://www.football-italia.net/89140/hamsik-‘napoli-honour’

Aug 12, 2016

Marek Hamsik says “it’s an honour” to play for Napoli, and understands anger at Gonzalo Higuain.

The Slovakian international signed a new contract with the Partenopei this month, having made over 400 appearances for the club since joining from Napoli.

“I feel at ease at Napoli and to play at a club like this is an honour for me,” Hamsik told Hertha Berlin’s official website, ahead of a friendly against the German side.

“Napoli is a part of me, it’s my family. I have a very good relationship with the President [Aurelio De Laurentiis] and the Coach [Maurizio Sarri]. Naples is a very passionate city and I love it.

“I’m also very proud to have found my way into the hearts of the fans.

“Gonzalo Higuain? They loved him in Naples, so it’s no wonder our fans are annoyed after he joined a rival team in Juventus.

“I respect his decision, but when we meet I’ll try and beat him.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Messi in, Higuain out as Argentina

announce World Cup qualifying squad

The new trainer has called up Barca's star to take on Uruguay

& Venezuela, while the Juve man is the most high-profile omission.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4961/international-football/2016/08/12/26456142/-?

Aug 12, 2016

Lionel Messi's return to Argentina duty has been confirmed by his inclusion in Edgardo Bauza's first international squad, while there is no place for Gonzalo Higuain up front. 

The Barcelona star confirmed on Friday that he would reverse his decision to retire from international duty. 

And after talking with the captain in the Catalan capital, Bauza has included him in a list of 27 players to take on Uruguay and Venezuela in the next World Cup qualifiers.

Higuain, however, has been cut from the list, with River Plate's Lucas Alario and Lucas Pratto of Atletico Mineiro winning call-ups over the Juventus man. 

San Lorenzo's Emanuel Mas, a veteran of Bauza's Copa Libertadores winning Ciclon team of 2013, also rejoins the squad after missing out on the Copa America, as does Angel Correa. 

And while Higuain misses out, new Juve team-mate Paulo Dybala will join the squad, having also played no part in the United States campaign and failing to gain permission to feature in the Olympic Games. 

Argentina take on Uruguay in Mendoza on September 6, before travelling to Merida five days later where Venezuela await. 

Argentina squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Mariano Andujar (Estudiantes), Nahuel Guzman (Tigres).

Defenders: Facundo Roncaglia (Celta), Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Ramiro Funes Mori (Everton), Emmanuel Mas (San Lorenzo), Marcos Rojo (Manchester United), Martin Demichelis (Espanyol), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla), Nicolás Otamendi (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Matias Kranevitter (Sevilla), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Augusto Fernandez (Atlético Madrid), Ever Banega (Inter), Javier Pastore (PSG), Erik Lamela (Tottenham), Nicolas Gaitan (Atletico Madrid), Angel Di María (PSG).

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid), Lucas Pratto (Atletico Mineiro), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Lucas Alario (River).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Overweight Gonzalo Higuain put on a diet

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/juventus/news/

overweight-gonzalo-higuain-put-on-a-diet_278862.html

Aug 13, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has reportedly been put on a diet by new side Juventus after returning from the summer break overweight.

The Argentine striker, 28, moved from Napoli to the Serie A champions in a £75m deal last month but drew criticism from fans having seemingly piled on the pounds in the off-season.

Former Real Madrid midfielder Robert Prosinecki even went as far as to brand Higuain "a little pig" after seeing him in action in a pre-season friendly with West Ham United last weekend.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Juve hierarchy are also concerned about Higuain's "extra junk in the trunk" and have put him on a "strict weight-loss plan to lose some kilos as soon as possible".

Despite his excess baggage, Higuain is still expected to feature for Juve tonight in their pre-season friendly with Spanish side Espanyol.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain opens Juventus account

http://www.football-italia.net/89914/higuain-opens-juventus-account?

Aug 17, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain scored his first goal in a Juventus jersey, but Miralem Pjanic limped off during their traditional pre-season test.

Every summer there is a head-to-head between the A and B teams at the Villar Perosa training ground.

It was a bad start, as within 13 minutes Pjanic had pulled up clutching the top of his left thigh and limped off the pitch.

The Bosnia international could well be in doubt for this weekend’s Serie A opener against Fiorentina, although initial reports suggest it is only a knock.

Marko Pjaca seemed very sharp, forcing a save, hitting the crossbar and turning a diving header wide.

Higuain went close with an overhead kick, while Pjaca again failed to convert a good chance, his finish just weak enough to allow a goal-line clearance.

It was Higuain who took the headlines with his first goal in a Juve jersey, rising to nod in a corner.

Another goal-line clearance denied Pjaca and Juventus A eventually doubled their lead with the aid of an own goal from Coccolo in the second half.

Paulo Dybala, Dani Alves and Mario Mandzukic came on for the second 45 minutes.

Juventus A: Buffon; Rugani, Bonucci, Chiellini (Barzagli 30); Lichtsteiner, Khedira, Pjanic (Hernanes 13), Alex Sandro, Evra; Higuain, Pjaca

Juventus B: Del Favero; Beruatto, Vogliacco, Coccolo, Rogerio; Muratore, Bove, Caligara; Kanoute; Leris, Mosti

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Dear Napoli fans'

http://www.football-italia.net/90051/higuain-dear-napoli-fans

Aug 19, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain sent a message to Napoli fans ahead of his Juventus debut. “We’ll be fighting for the same objective, but on different sides.”

The striker is set to feature in tomorrow night’s Serie A encounter with Fiorentina in Turin.

“Tomorrow a new adventure officially begins for me, with a new team and new fans who have been very affectionate with me,” wrote Pipita on Instagram.

“Seeing as from tomorrow we’ll be fighting for the same objective but on different sides, I want to once again salute and thank the Napoli fans who celebrated with me in my three years in Naples and who supported me with great affection.

“I will not forget you, thank you for everything!”

The responses to the post from Napoli fans were predictably filled with insults.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Expectation weighs on Higuain

After a record-breaking season at Napoli and €90m move to Juventus, 

Luca Cetta asks if Gonzalo Higuain can repeat the feat in Turin.

http://www.football-italia.net/90060/expectation-weighs-higuain

Aug 20, 2016

When Juventus face Fiorentina in tonight’s opening round Serie A clash, they will do so with some of their most expensive ever signings in tow. There’s captain Gianluigi Buffon and Paulo Dybala. Miralem Pjanic, a new addition to the list, may also feature.

But the man who tops the chart is expected to start from the bench. That has been the word floating around the Bianconeri camp this week, with €90m man Gonzalo Higuain to watch on as Mario Mandzukic partners Dybala in attack.

It is sure to raise eyebrows, after the fourth most expensive transfer of all time. And it’s something which will follow Higuain – and Coach Massimiliano Allegri – this season. The big-money move ensures the pressure is on the striker to deliver at Juventus Stadium, just as he did so exceptionally for Napoli in 2015-16.

With 36 goals in 35 matches, Higuain enjoyed a history-breaking campaign. He was streets ahead of his contemporaries – Dybala was second on the scorers list with 19 – and deadlier in front of goal than any player since the 1929 formation of the modern Serie A. Simply unstoppable, Higuain was the leading force behind Napoli’s Scudetto charge. A mix of power, precision and clever movement helped the Argentine to his outstanding tally. The 28-year-old scored goals of every type: close and long range, headers, clinical finishes and the jaw-dropping spectacular.

The obvious question after such a season and the nature of his switch is whether he can repeat it, this time in Black and White. There’s already one similarity to last season. When Maurizio Sarri arrived at Napoli, he felt Higuain was too lazy and only playing to 70 percent of his potential. Higuain was put on a diet to become a lean, mean scoring machine.

Higuain’s first match in Juventus colours a fortnight ago against West Ham prompted similar questions about his physique. Former Croatia international Robert Prosinecki went so far as to brand Higuain “a pig.” He had minimal impact off the bench in London and so too as a starter against Espanyol last weekend. Juve drew 2-2, but Higuain was a peripheral figure.

Prompted to comment on the condition of his record signing, Allegri was diplomatic in his response. “He and those who started pre-season training later will need a while to get to the same level.”

Higuain is believed to be under the control of nutritionist Matteo Pincella to reach peak condition. Footage from Vinovo this week shows Pipita is on the right path, something Allegri noted on Friday in the pre-match Press conference: “In the last week he’s improved a lot.”

He also opened his account on Wednesday in the annual Bianconeri family match at Villar Perosa. Juventus will be counting on his goals to help secure a record-breaking sixth consecutive Scudetto and to go far in the Champions League. European glory is high on the Old Lady’s agenda.

The striker’s next challenge will be to fit the mould at Juventus. What the Bianconeri will not want is an incident similar to last season’s outburst against Udinese, which saw Higuain banned for three matches and Napoli’s Scudetto aspirations turn to dust.

Higuain will also need to gel with Dybala. On paper it’s the expected attacking combination. Yet from his Real Madrid days through to Napoli and at international level, he is used to playing in a trident attack. At Juventus it may be a little different, but he is joining Serie A’s best team.

They have the weapons to switch, but Allegri’s base formation is expected to be the now-customary 3-5-2. Not that service will be lacking in Turin, with Dybala, Pjanic, Claudio Marchisio, Dani Alves and Alex Sandro on the pitch to provide support.

Notorious for his big-match misses – the 2014 World Cup Final and July’s Copa America Centenario decider spring to mind – there’s no doubt that after spending so much, Juventus are expecting a return. How then, can Allegri get the best out of Higuain?

Rafa Benitez never did in his two seasons at Napoli. But the contrast to his time under Sarri was striking. The former Empoli boss felt Higuain was a sensitive person. “A champion of his ability sometimes just needs to feel close to those around him.” Known for his personable approach, Allegri will be hoping he too can strike the right chord.

If so, Juventus will have in their possession one of football’s most lethal marksmen. A player with a knack for goals they hope can take them far this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain 'very happy' with goal on Juventus debut

The €90 million summer signing from Napoli came off the bench to score his first goal

for his new club and says he is keen to repay the fans with many goals.

Higuain 'very happy' with goal on Juventus debut

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/08/20/26720732/-?

Aug 20, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain expressed his delight at opening his Juventus account after netting a debut winner in a 2-1 victory over Fiorentina.

Having completed a €90 million switch from Napoli, last season's Serie A top-scorer started his Juve career on the bench, but arrived in the second half to secure the three points.

With Nikola Kalinic having cancelled out Sami Khedira's opener, Higuain found the net 15 minutes from time to get Juve off to a winning start.

"I am very happy for my debut, for the victory and the goal," he told Mediaset Premium.

"We must continue like this. It was very important to start with a win. We worked hard and the victory was deserved.

"I hope to repay the affection of the fans with many goals. I want to win as many titles as possible, but we’re just at the beginning.

"I dedicate the goal to everyone who had faith in me."

Juve travel to Lazio next weekend to face last term's eighth-placed finishers.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

More to come from Higuain yet - Allegri hails striker's instant impact

The trainer is expecting even better things from Juventus' all-time record signing

after he fired in the winner in their Serie A opener against Fiorentina.

More to come from Higuain yet - Allegri hails striker's instant impact

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/08/20/26720972/-?

Aug 20, 2016

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri promised there is more to come from Gonzalo Higuain after he marked his debut with the winner in their 2-1 victory against Fiorentina.

The Serie A champions paid €90 million to lure Higuain away from domestic rivals Napoli but he started Saturday's clash from the bench.

Nevertheless, his 75th-minute strike ensured the Italian champions started the season with three points after Nikola Kalinic had cancelled out Sami Khedira's first-half opener. 

Allegri was thrilled that Higuain displayed his predatory instincts so soon in his Juve career, and believes the former Real Madrid striker will only get better as he improves his fitness.

"Higuain is in better shape [than when he joined], just as everyone is," he told Sky Sport Italia. "We have five new players and need to become a team.

"I am very happy with the first half. We defended in a fairly organised manner in the second half too.

"When Higuain gets half a chance, he scores a goal, as you saw against Fiorentina.

"And he's not in shape yet, but above all needs to improve his understanding with his new team-mates."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Gonzalo Higuain Already Proving to Be

the Goal-Poacher Juventus Need

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2658989-gonzalo-higuain-

already-proving-to-be-the-goal-poacher-juventus-need?

Aug 21, 2016

It wasn't pretty, but it was a match-winner. Juventus' record signing Gonzalo Higuain has been mocked ceaselessly since joining the club, but he made his critics eat their words in Turin on Saturday evening.

In a tightly fought game against a resilient Fiorentina, the Argentina international came off the bench to snatch a 2-1 win for theBianconeri, ensuring his new side's 2016/17 campaign got off to the best possible start.

By joining their bitter rivals, Higuain was always going to feel the wrath of Napoli fans, but his visible lack of fitness this summer had only intensified the vitriol. Arriving back for pre-season training—and in the recent friendly with West Ham United—he appeared overweight, prompting a Naples street vendor to sell the oversized version of his new shirt seen in the tweet below.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Napoli fan selling Higuain shirts. 

Speaking to reporters before the clash with La Viola, Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri voiced a similar opinion. “When he came here hewasn’t in great condition, but now he’s much better," the former AC Milan coach said at his pre-match press conference, with his starting XI echoing that same viewpoint.

Mario Mandzukic started alongside Paulo Dybala, with the duo continuing the excellent partnership they struck up last term. That left only a place among the substitutes for the new €90 million man, but he was in good company with Miralem Pjanic, Marko Pjaca and MedhiBenatia also among those left out.

Indeed, of the club's summer signings, only Dani Alves was given the nod by Allegri, and he repaid that faith with a solid debut. Also looking sharp were midfielders Mario Lemina and Kwadwo Asamoah, the latter in particular shrugging off two injury-plagued seasons in a stellar performance.

RBweh7RKw3j6dcAG.jpg

Khedira goal. Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 0.

After 37 tense minutes, the Ghanaian star found Giorgio Chiellini who in turn swung in a dangerous cross. Sami Khedira—who had made an excellent run to catch both Federico Chiesa and Davide Astori off-guard—met it perfectly, planting the superb header shown above beyond goalkeeper Ciprian Tatarusanu.

The introduction of Cristian Tello at half-time lent much more attacking intent to Fiorentina, and the on-loan Barcelona winger got away from Alex Sandro to force a 70th-minute corner. Josip Ilicic subsequently picked out Nikola Kalinic with the resulting set piece, Juve's Brazilian defender inexplicably allowing the striker to nod home a simple header.

At that point Higuain had been on the pitch for roughly five minutes without incident but would soon have his own headline-grabbing moment. Asamoah was again heavily involved, his pass finding Khediraon the penalty spot and when his shot was deflected, the new No. 9 pounced upon the rebound.

Beating everyone to the ball, Higuain slotted a left-footed shot into the back of the net and Juventus Stadium erupted with joy. So did the team on the field. The Bianconeri saw out the remainder of the game in a professional manner, with relief perhaps the overriding emotion at the final whistle.

Supporters, players and even club management were hoping to avoid a repeat of the early form of 2015/16, the team taking until the fourth match to record a win and—speaking at his post-match press conference—the coach seemed thankful to have registered a positive result here.

"I have to thank the boys, first of all because we’ve started better than last season," Allegri said. "We played a good first half, puttingFiorentina under plenty of pressure, even if we over-elaborated things at precisely the time when we needed to put the opposition to the sword."

He went on to praise Asamoah for having "really hit the ground running," but during an earlier interview with Sky Italia (h/t FootballItalia), he also discussed just what Higuain had added to the team:

He’s in better shape, just as everyone is. We have five new players and need to become a team. I am very happy with the first half. We defended in a fairly organised manner in the second half too.

When he gets half a chance, he scores a goal, as you saw tonight. And he’s not in shape yet, but above all needs to improve his understanding with his new teammates.

That Higuain struck with only his third touch of the game certainly highlighted those predatory instincts, but he also showcased a number of other facets to his play. His volume of goals last term speaks for itself, but in setting a new Serie A single-season record, some notable figures came to light.

30c394b975e6e2d0f2096c8d193913f6_crop_ex

squawka.com
Gonzalo Higuain 2015/16

Firstly, this maiden goal for the Bianconeri came via his left foot. According to Squawka.com, just eight of his 36 league strikes in 2015/16 were scored in that manner, while the fact it was his only shot of the game also warrants mention.

That remarkable campaign saw Higuain also lead Serie A with 5.2 efforts on goal per game, figures from WhoScored.com showing that was a staggering 1.6 per outing more than any other player. He did not even need a second chance against Fiorentina.

However, he is not simply a scorer, something he displayed succinctly with his first Juventus goal on Saturday. As it always has been,Higuain's movement and willingness to make himself available came to the fore, as the Wyscout pictures from the buildup help to explain more clearly.

c13d925c304434b01fce0e45dcde3c95_crop_ex

Wyscout
Adam Digby

The top image above shows his initial run provided an obvious target for Asamoah, but he did not receive the ball. Instead, he is used as a decoy and drags the defence across with him, allowing Khedira to move into space and collect the pass in a far more dangerous area.

Rather than admire his effort or bemoan being overlooked, Higuainremains active, opening up his body and continuing into the box. This both presented Khedira with options and confused the opposition, as can be seen in the second picture below.

fe63b6b5c2ee3656351824a09c6bd2bb_crop_ex

Wyscout
Adam Digby

Having already scored once, the German decides to shoot again, but his new team-mate knew there still might be an opportunity to be capitalised upon. Looking at the third image (below), Higuain has no right to get to the eventual rebound, both Astori and Tatarusanu are much closer to goal.

Yet he is clearly hungrier than both, accelerating quickly and beating them to the ball to open his account with the Old Lady, his instincts and desire putting him in the right place, and his technical ability delivering a neat finish.

d1e821186e3701933c95611590d78de3_crop_ex

Wyscout
Adam Digby

Those aforementioned personal jibes had perhaps struck a chord, withHiguain making some pointed comments in response. Discussing his performance in a post-match interview with Mediaset Premium (h/tJuve's official website), Higuain said:

When I’m playing I try to do my best to help the team and fortunately I’ve managed to score today. I’d like to dedicate this moment to everyone who has put their faith in me.

I’ve kept calm and confident that I would score, as it was always a question of working hard and not getting carried away. Luckily the goal came and we’ve won the game, which was the most important thing.

The best reply will always be to let his goals do the talking, however, and there is one more ominous note for those rooting againstJuventus. While Higuain netted a remarkable 71 times in 104 Serie A appearances for Napoli, he failed to score on the opening day in each of his three campaigns with the Partenopei.

Already one goal to the good for Juventus, he handed the club a win in a difficult Week 1 clash. The Old Lady's new man is the deadly poacher she needs to help her chase history, and the first step towards a sixth-consecutive Scudetto has been taken thanks to Gonzalo Higuain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'Juve winning mentality'

http://www.football-italia.net/90141/higuain-juve-winning-mentality?

Aug 21, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain praised the “winning mentality” of Juventus and again thanked his old Napoli fans.

The €90m striker scored eight minutes into his Bianconeri debut, securing a 2-1 victory over Fiorentina last night.

“It was an important win against a great team,” Pipita told Mediaset Premium.

“I am in a very strong side with a winning mentality and you can see that in the way we work every single day. Juve must try to win every title up for grabs and that means hard work.”

Higuain also had another message for the Napoli supporters, who felt betrayed after his transfer to their Scudetto rivals.

“They know the affection I feel for them. I thank them for the three years we spent together, but now I am in a new team, with new fans who from the first day let me feel all their passion.

“I hope to repay them with goals and titles.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain using 'fat' jibes as motivation

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2935003/juventus-

striker-gonzalo-higuain-using-fat-jibes-as-motivation

Aug 22, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain says the more people call him fat, the more goals he will score for Juventus this season after scoring the winner on his competitive debut for the Serie A champions.

Higuain's weight and fitness in preseason attracted plenty of attention following his €90 million move from Napoli this summer, with even Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri admitting his record signing is "not in shape yet" following Saturday's 2-1 win over Fiorentina.

But the Argentina international says the criticism does not bother him. In fact, he feels inspired by it.

"They say I'm fat? It's best if they keep on saying that, then I'll score goals in every game," Higuain told reporters at the Juventus Stadium after the match.

"Say what you want about my physical appearance but I'm feeling good and I'm delighted with this first goal which decided our first game. I've been in training for 20 days and I know I can improve my shape, but I never had any doubts about myself."

Higuain needed just nine minutes to make an impact after coming from the bench to earn Juve their first win of the season against the Viola.

"You dream of nights like these," he said. "Everybody dreams of being able to do what they want to do and scoring a goal is the maximum, for the whole team and for the fans.

"When you are getting warmed up and you hear the fans there, singing your name; when you feel that the fans support you like this, it gives you even more determination inside. My goal is also for them.

"Starting with three points can only do us good, but we all know there are 37 games still to come so we need to keep calm. Certainly I know that I am in an extremely well-organised, strong team with a winning mentality."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Cavani: 'I'd never do like Higuain'

http://www.football-italia.net/90173/cavani-id-never-do-higuain

Aug 22, 2016

Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani respects Gonzalo Higuain's choice to go to Juventus, but 'I would never have done that'.

The Argentinian's decision to leave his team in favour of their direct competitors left fans in the southern city utterly furious and embittered.

Several football figureheads criticised Higuain for his choice, most notably Diego Armando Maradona. Cavani, who was Napoli's star striker before the Pipita, was also not overly impressed.

“Everybody makes the choices they feel they should make, so what can I tell you,” Cavani told Gazzetta journalist Alessandro Grandesso. “But I would never have done that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Higuain: ‘Keep calling me fat, I’ll keep scoring’

http://www.juvefc.com/higuain-keep-calling-fat-ill-keep-scoring/?

Aug 22, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has hit back at crude headlines about his weight, declaring: “It’s best that people say it before games because it means that I’m going to score every time.”

Speaking to Gazzetta Dello Sport, the Juventus striker talked about a dream debut, his welcome to the club and the criticism over his waistline this summer.

Higuain is sure to be a top scorer for any fantasy football team. Be sure to get your Mondogoal Promo Code MAXBONUS and take part in the exciting world of matchday fantasy football.

Gonzalo, what makes you angry about all of the talk about your weight and your belly make you angry?

“Nothing. On the contrary, it is best that people say it before games because it means that I’m going to score every time.”

So, you have no problem ?

“When it comes to criticism, I don’t care. I’ve never had any doubt about my qualities.”

How are you these days then?

“I’m fine. I’ve trained hard for 20 days but I can always improve. Always. That’s what I want to do. Here at Juve I’m very happy. I made a choice that wasn’t easy but at the same time, I’m sure I made the right one.”

592327834-gonzalo-higuain-of-juventus-fc

You were cheered on during your warm-up, cheered on to the field and cheered even louder when you scored. Could you have imagined that?

“When you here the songs, it makes you feel warm. When you feel that people support you, it gives you an even greater desire to do well. My goal is for them and I also dedicate it to the people who have always been with me and never had any doubts about me.”

How did you celebrate?

“In the dressing room we celebrated because it is an important victory for us. We began with three points and we’re sure things will get better for us but everyone knows that there are 37 games left and we have to stay calm. I’m at a great club, in a very strong team with a winning mentality.”

592326346-juventus-argentinian-forward-g

Your goal: there wasn’t much space yet you still found the net.

“From the outside looking in it may have seemed like an easy goal but no, it was hard.”

Now do you hope to start against Lazio or do you still need more time?

“I don’t decide that. Against Fiorentina, I just tried to do my best for the team.”

How is your relationship with [Mario] Mandzukic?

“Fantastic, fantastic. It is the same with him as it is with everyone else, that’s how you win trophies.”

592328938-juventus-argentinian-forward-g

As captain, Gianluigi Buffon usually welcomes newcomers with motivational speeches. Did he say something to you in particular?

“He told me that he’s happy to have me here but everyone in general has been very nice and welcoming to me. All of my new teammates have made me feel like I’ve been here for a long time and that’s very good.”

It must be a privilege to train against the best Italian defenders?

“It is a big positive. Playing with the best makes you believe in what you can do.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gonzalo Higuain not at his best moment

for Argentina - Edgardo Bauza

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/argentina/story/2940570/gonzalo-higuain

-not-at-his-best-moment-for-argentina-edgardo-bauza

Aug 30, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain could be called up in the future for Argentina, but Albicelestecoach Edgardo Bauza admits that the Juventus striker was not fit for the September World Cup qualifiers. 

Higuain's weight and fitness in preseason attracted plenty of attention following his €90 million move from Napoli this summer, with even Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri admitting his record signing was "not in shape yet."

Higuain silenced his critics scoring the winner on his competitive debut for the Serie A champions in a 2-1 win over Fiorentina. 

But Bauza said he felt it was best that Higuain remain in Italy to get fully fit.

"To me, Higuain is part of our national team and I told him that," Bauza said. "But for these two matches, I spoke with him and we decided not to recall him. He was arriving at a new club and he needed to get himself in shape and do a certain preseason training to physically get in shape. 

"He wasn't at his best moment," Bauza said. "And I think adapting to Juve is going to take him a few weeks. He need to get adjusted to their demands, the new club. 

Higuain needed just nine minutes to make an impact after coming from the bench to earn Juve their first win of the season against the Viola. After that match, he told reporters: "They say I'm fat? It's best if they keep on saying that, then I'll score goals in every game."

Argentina, currently third in the CONMEBOL qualification group, host Uruguay on Sept. 2 before facing Venezuela away on Sept. 7. The team will be missing Sergio Aguero and Javier Pastore, both of whom are injured. Star Lionel Messi is set to return, but Barcelona warned on Monday that the forward is nursing a sore hamstring.

Bauza said he will consider Higuain for October matches against Peru and Paraguay.

"I decided is that for these two matches I was not going to call him up, but he is a national team player and we will evaluate him for the next recall. I don't doubt that if he plays in Juve as he did in Napoli, he is going to have a very good year."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Reina: Higuain did a Figo!

http://www.football-italia.net/90773/reina-higuain-did-figo

Sep 1, 2016

Pepe Reina admits Gonzalo Higuain’s move from Napoli to Juventus is “comparable” to when Luis Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid in 2000.

Edinson Cavani reiterated on Wednesday that he would have “never” swapped Napoli for Juve in the manner Higuain did, and Reina went one further than his former teammate by uttering the move in the same breath as Figo’s controversial Clasico crossing.

“Higuain’s sale was hard to swallow for Napoli fans,” the goalkeeper told Onda Cero.

“It’s something comparable to the transfer of Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Elkann: 'Higuain not enough to win'

http://www.football-italia.net/90932/elkann-higuain-not-enough-win

Sep 4, 2016

Director Lapo Elkann says Juventus are poised to win, but Gonzalo Higuain won't be enough on his own.

The Argentinian is without a doubt the Old Lady's star signing of the summer, and in spite of Paul Pogba's departure, many believe the club will have a breeze in Serie A this year.

“Juventus are a team with a fight in them, and we are in a condition to do well,” said Elkann. “Winning won't be easy, as everyone says, but we have a squad that allows a level of leadership and strength that the others do not have.

“Higuain? I'm happy about his signing, but not just his. Winning isn't made with one person alone.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sorrentino: Higuain 'faith and betrayal'

http://www.football-italia.net/90939/sorrentino-higuain-faith-and-betrayal

Sep 4, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain has made it into Paolo Sorrentino’s latest TV series The Young Pope, referencing “faith and betrayal.”

The striker was a hero for Napoli fans, but activated his €90m release clause to join Scudetto rivals Juventus.

Unexpectedly, this issue made it into the Venice Film Festival and the presentation of a new lavish television series called The Young Pope.

The character of Cardinal Voiello, played by Silvio Orlando, is a big Napoli fan and we often see his phone with images of Higuain on there. Should they be edited out after the shock transfer to Juve?

“The Church often deals with themes like faith and betrayal,” replied Oscar-winning director Sorrentino.

“Maintaining the image of Higuain with a Napoli shirt helps to remind people of these two concepts.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Crespo: 'Higuain worth more than Pogba'

http://www.football-italia.net/90946/crespo-higuain-worth-more-pogba?

Sep 4, 2016

Hernan Crespo believes Juventus spending €90m for Gonzalo Higuain “was far more logical than Manchester United’s €110m for Paul Pogba.”

Transfer records were shattered this summer in Italy and the world with Juve buying and selling at huge prices.

“Nobody gives you anything for free, especially not in football,” Crespo told La Nacion newspaper.

“If Juventus paid so much to get Higuain from Napoli, it means he’s worth that money.

“In my view, it is logical to pay €90m for a striker who scored 36 goals in a single season. It’s far more logical than Manchester United paying €110m for Pogba.

“I say that with all due respect for the Frenchman, who is a great midfielder.”

Higuain broke the all-time Serie A record last season at Napoli, netting 36 goals in just 35 games.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Higuain worth more than Pogba, insists Crespo

The former Chelsea and Milan striker believes Juventus signing his compatriot for

€90m was more “logical” than Manchester United landing the France star for €110m.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/09/05/27200752/-?

Sep 5, 2016

Juventus were “far more logical” to spend €90m on Gonzalo Higuain than Manchester United were to sign Paul Pogba for €110m, according to Hernan Crespo.

The Serie A giants landed Higuain from rivals Napoli in the fourth most expensive transfer in history, before going on to sell Pogba to United in the largest deal of all time.

And former Argentina international Crespo believes it made more sense for Juventus to sign his compatriot Higuain than it did for United to re-sign Pogba for a world-record fee.

“Nobody gives you anything for free, especially not in football,” Crespo told La Nacion.

“If Juventus paid so much to get Higuain from Napoli, it means he’s worth that money.

“In my view, it is logical to pay €90m for a striker who scored 36 goals in a single season. It’s far more logical than Manchester United paying €110m for Pogba.

“I say that with all due respect for the Frenchman, who is a great midfielder.”

Higuain, 28, scored 36 times in 35 league games for Napoli last season - the most goals netted in a single Serie A campaign in history.

The former Real Madrid man scored the winner in Juventus' 2-1 win over Fiorentina on the opening day of the new season, whereas Pogba has started two of United's first three Premier League games.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Higuain: 'I understand Napoli anger'

http://www.football-italia.net/90998/higuain-i-understand-napoli-anger

Sep 5, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain “understands Napoli fans are angry” at his Juventus move, “but it was a fantastic step in my career.”

The striker was a hero during his time at the Stadio San Paolo, but activated the €90m release clause to join their Serie A rivals.

“I left Real Madrid because I needed to play consistently and so I signed for Napoli,” Pipita told Elite Sport.

“Napoli was a fantastic step in my career. I really enjoyed being with the team, the city and the fans. It gave me goosebumps to think Diego Maradona had played there and people were comparing me to him.”

Does he have a response after President Aurelio De Laurentiis called him a traitor?

“I have nothing more to add. I already said at the time what I thought and there’s no point going back on that. I am now facing my new step in Turin and that’s good.

“The Napoli fans were always good to me and I understand they are angry, but it was a personal decision. I send a big salute to all the Napoli supporters.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

‘Higuain seized his chance’

http://www.football-italia.net/91328/‘higuain-seized-his-chance’

Sep 12, 2016

Gonzalo Higuain had every right to make his summer move from Napoli to Juventus, according to his brother.

The Argentine forward joined the Bianconeri for a fee of €90m, the fourth highest transfer deal in history.

He has been criticised in some quarters for his decision to leave San Paolo for a rival club, but Federico Higuain says his sibling should pay no attention to his detractors.

"Everyone has a right to live their life how they want to,” Higuain told Gazzetta dello Sport. “Gonzalo had this opportunity and seized it.

“He will give his all for Juve like he has for all of his previous clubs. In terms of market prices, €90m could seem like a lot, but it's the reality of football today.

“Insults and premeditated attacks are part of the game today and it's better that we don't pay much attention to them."

Federico himself plays professionally, for MLS side Columbus Crew, but would not compare himself to his brother.

"He is a striker, I play further behind. But we have the same last name and we have the same pride to play football like our father, Jorge.

“We're brothers. We have a great relationship.”

Gonzalo has made an excellent start to life in Turin, scoring three Serie A goals in as many games so far this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Bauza open to selecting Higuain and Tevez

The Juventus and Boca stars were both left out in the cold for the latest World Cup

qualifiers, but the boss will not close the Albiceleste door on them.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4961/international-football/2016/09/13/27465732/-?

Sep 13, 2016

Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza remains open to selecting Gonzalo Higuain and Carlos Tevez in his squad.

Higuain made a €90million move from Napoli to Juventus in July after scoring a record-breaking 36 goals in Serie A last term.

However, the striker was not called up by Bauza for Argentina's 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Venezuela this month, previously uncapped Atletico Mineiro striker Lucas Pratto instead getting the nod.

Tevez has not featured for the national team since October 2015, but Bauza has not ruled either player out of contention for future squads.

"I spoke with Higuain. He knows that he could be selected at any time. He's a national team player," the coach said.

"Tevez is getting back to his best form, but we'll have to see how he does after his [Primera Division] suspension.

"He could be selected if he maintains his form."

After beating Uruguay 1-0 courtesy of Lionel Messi's goal, Argentina had to come from two goals down to salvage a draw against Venezuela.

Bauza saw some positives across his first two matches at the helm but still sees room for improvement.

"The idea has been instilled. We've been reviewing the last two qualifiers and there's good things that stand out but also things to correct," he added.

"We know that during these tight qualifiers winning is important. That is always the idea."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus right to sell Paul Pogba,

buy Gonzalo Higuain - Fabio Capello

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2950962/juventus-

right-to-sell-paul-pogba-and-buy-gonzalo-higuain-fabio-capello

Sep 15, 2016

Fabio Capello says Juventus are better off this season after replacing Paul Pogba with Gonzalo Higuain.

Juve signed Higuain, 28, from Serie A rivals Napoli for a club-record €90 million several days before agreeing to sell Pogba, 23, to Manchester United for a world-record €105m.

"They did well to sell Pogba and sign Higuain," ex-Juve boss Capello told Sky Sport Italia. "He's a player who can give them that edge. He's ready to do it. They now have a squad of the highest order with experience, which is what you need to be competitive in Europe."

Capello expects Juve to battle it out with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich for the Champions League title this season while their domestic dominance seems set to continue.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Argentina call up Gonzalo Higuain

for October World Cup qualifiers

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/argentina/story/2951976/argentina-

call-up-gonzalo-higuain-for-october-world-cup-qualifiers

Sep 16, 2016

Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain was named to Argentina's squad for October World Cup qualifiers against Peru and Paraguay, the Argentina FA announced on Friday.

The list of players also includes Barcelona stars Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano as coach Edgardo Bauza named 24 players to the team who see action outside of the Argentina league. Bauza said he would name the local players on Tuesday.

Bauza said he spoke with Higuain and that the Serie A player was eager to return. Higuain sat out the September qualifiers at the petition of Juventus, who wanted to give him time to return to form.

"I had a talk with Higuain and it went very well," said Bauza. "He is very enthusiastic and can't wait to return to play."

Bauza admitted that his team need to improve on offense and said that both Peru and Paraguay were rivals to be taken seriously.

"We beat Venezuela on our reputation, but we can improve," he said. "On offense there is so much more we can do."

#Eliminatorias La lista de convocados del exterior de Edgardo Bauza para los partidos ante Perú y Paraguay.

Manchester City attacker Sergio Aguero, who sat out the September matches due to a calf injury, was again called up. Paris Saint-Germain's Javier Pastore, who missed September's games against Uruguay and Venezuela to a foot injury, will again be out.

The players will travel directly to Lima on Oct. 2, unlike the September call-up when they first practiced together in Buenos Aires and then traveled. 

The Albiceleste play Peru in Lima on Oct. 6 and host Paraguay five days later. Earlier this month, they moved up to third place in CONMEBOL qualifying through eight games, just a point behind leaders Uruguay.

Complete squad: 

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Manchester United), Nahuel Guzmán (Tigres). 

Defenders: Facundo Roncaglia (Celta de Vigo), Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal), Ramiro Funes Mori (Everton), Marcos Rojo (Manchester United), Martin Demichelis (Espanyol), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Matias Kranevitter (Sevilla), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Augusto Fernández (Atletico Madrid), Ever Banega (Inter Milan), Erik Lamela (Tottenham), Nicolas Gaitan (Atletico Madrid), Ángel Di Maria (PSG).

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona-ESP), Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid), Lucas Pratto (Atletico Mineiro), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Paulo Dybala (Juventus) and Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Fitting Higuain to Juve

Gonzalo Higuain’s summer move to Juventus brought with it large expectations.

Luca Cetta assesses how the striker is getting on in his new surroundings.

http://www.football-italia.net/91854/fitting-higuain-juve?

Sep 22, 2016

Upon his summer arrival at Juventus, talk quickly turned from how much Gonzalo Higuain cost the Bianconeri to his condition. The fourth most expensive player of all-time was deemed overweight.

There were howls of derision following Higuain’s first friendly at West Ham. He was quickly put to work at Vinovo, including working closely with a nutritionist to reach his optimal condition. Higuain also turned down a call-up to Argentina’s September World Cup qualifiers in order to continue training in Turin. By now the questions had shifted to wondering how Higuain fits into this Juventus side.

El Pipita quickly responded by netting the winning goal to open the Serie A campaign against Fiorentina. He had not even been on the field for five minutes. After making another contribution from the bench against Lazio, his first start came after the international break at home to Sassuolo. Higuain exploded. He scored two superb goals inside the opening 10 minutes, the first finishing a clinical counter-attack and the second an acrobatic strike reminiscent of his record-breaking goal at the end of last season while at Napoli. Higuain was back on the scoresheet on Wednesday, as Juventus took out their frustrations on Cagliari. It came after they had been held to a Champions League draw with Sevilla and lost at Inter.

Those two matches cast some doubts about the Bianconeri. The team and Coach came in for criticism on Sunday: Massimiliano Allegri for his selections and the players for being outfought and outplayed by the Nerazzurri. Higuain started against Sassuolo and Sevilla, so Allegri felt he needed a rest amid a packed schedule. Mario Mandzukic was chosen in his place, but he was left too isolated to be effective. Tuttosport couldn’t believe Higuain was left out, but a counter argument in the Corriere dello Sport suggested Allegri was right to not overwork the 28-year-old.

There has been much discussion on the continued utilisation of the Old Lady’s 3-5-2 system, one which has helped the team to much success over the past five seasons. It remains their base formation, meaning Higuain has come in as a partner for Paulo Dybala. The youngster has free roam in attack, able to drop deep when need be or drift left and right. It’s a combination still in its infancy, but signs of what can happen were seen against the Neroverdi. The Argentine pair have the attributes to create a successful partnership. El Pipita’s ability to hold the ball up and his movement to get on the end of passes and crosses is perfect foil for Dybala’s vision and magical left foot.

But are there other options for utilising Higuain? What Allegri does have, as acknowledged in the pre-Cagliari Press conference, is strength in depth. The players are there, now the task is to fit the jigsaw puzzle together.

The pre-season test against Espanyol saw Dybala fielded behind the twin battering rams Higuain and Mandzukic. Allegri said fielding that combination is ‘possible’, but stresses it would need to be developed over time.

Higuain would also fit as the central striker in a three-man attack. That was the norm at Real Madrid and Napoli, as well as with Argentina. Last term Higuain thrived on the service from Jose Callejon, Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insigne, plus Marek Hamsik from deep. It resulted in a 36-goal season. Juve also have the tools to adopt a trident attack, with Dybala, Marko Pjaca and Juan Cuadrado dangerous players to utilise around the No 9. Such a change in attack would alter the dimension of the team further back, but as they showed on their run to the Champions League Final two seasons ago, the Bianconeri can change in-game. That may need to be revisited in greater detail now.

It’s still early days for Higuain. Yet he has already carried his lethal finishing ability from Naples to Turin, best highlighted against Sassuolo. As Allegri best works out how to fit his dazzling attacking pieces together, there is reason to believe Higuain will enjoy a fruitful campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti