xlf6gm.gif

Juventus remain top of the Power
Rankings, but watch out for Monaco

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3088117/juventus-

remain-top-of-the-power-rankings-but-watch-out-for-monaco

Mar 23, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

1. Juventus (no change)

Max Allegri's side headed into the international break with a win at Sampdoria and currently lead Serie A by eight points with nine games remaining. Such a cushion should enable them to focus fully on their Champions League quarterfinal vs. Barcelona.

2. Bayern Munich (no change)

Like Juve, Bayern are very much champions-elect in their own country. Thomas Muller's goal gave them victory at Monchengladbach and a 13-point advantage at the top. And so they too can focus on European matters, with Real Madrid on the horizon.

3. Real Madrid (no change)

The European champions have less wiggle room in league play. Madrid earned a vital victory at Athletic Bilbao to stay two points clear with a game in hand on Barcelona. Zinedine Zidane's side have now scored in 49 consecutive games.

4. Monaco (+1)

Sunday's 3-0 win at Caen, which featured two more goals from teenage striking sensation Kylian Mbappe, means that Monaco have now scored 87 goals in 30 league games this season, which is 27 more than Paris Saint-Germain have managed.

5. Chelsea (-1)

There's not much mystery or drama surrounding the 2016-17 Premier League title race. Chelsea have been relentless in their pursuit of the title and most recently earned three more points at Stoke, thanks to Gary Cahill's late winner.

6. Barcelona (no change)

Two Lionel Messi goals set up Barca's 4-2 triumph over Valencia, which maintains their pressure on Real Madrid with one month until El Clasico. The brace means Messi has now scored at least 40 goals in each of the last eight seasons!

7. Borussia Dortmund (no change)

Their upcoming Champions league quarterfinal against Monaco has got fans excited but, in the meantime, Dortmund need to collect league points as they chase second-placed RB Leipzig. Last weekend, BVB overcame Ingolstadt 1-0.

8. Tottenham (no change)

It was a case of "no Harry Kane, no problem" for Spurs vs. Southampton, as Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli's goals meant the England striker was not overly missed. Mauricio Pochettino's side remain second, two points ahead of Man City.

9. Atletico Madrid (new)

Back in my Top 10, Atletico are finding form at the right time. As well as making the last eight of the Champions League, they have closed the Liga gap on third-placed Sevilla, who they beat 3-1 at the weekend, to just two points.

10. Feyenoord (no change)

With a come-from-behind win at Heerenveen, Feyenoord moved closer to a first Eredivisie title since 1998-99. With seven games remaining, Giovanni van Bronckhorst's side are six points clear at the top. The sides meet on April 2.

Dropping out: Benfica.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Verratti: 'Juve can eliminate Barcelona'

http://www.football-italia.net/100158/verratti-juve-can-eliminate-barcelona

Mar 25, 2017

Marco Verratti has faith Juventus can knock Barcelona out of the Champions League after his Paris Saint-Germain came so close.

The Ligue 1 side had won the first leg of their Round of 16 tie by a thumping 4-0 scoreline, but incredibly lost 6-1 at Camp Nou to go out on away goals.

“Juve have a good chance of going through, as they have improved so much this season,” Verratti told TMW Radio.

He was speaking after Italy’s 2-0 victory over Albania, as increasingly it looks as if the top spot in their World Cup qualifying group will be decided in Spain on September 2.

“We are ready for the big challenge, we can’t wait to face Spain and I am convinced we can do it.

“This Italy side has four or five fantastic players like Gigi Buffon, Leonardo Bonucci and Daniele De Rossi who make it seem easy for those who are added to the group.

“The latest generation born in the 1990s is helping the Nazionale and we can bring many benefits for the present and the future.

“Giampiero Ventura has great football knowledge, prepares games well tactically and never underestimates his opponent.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
San Paolo Stadium, Naples
Referee: Daniele Orsato

Callejon targets Napoli Scudetto

http://www.football-italia.net/100159/callejon-targets-napoli-scudetto

Mar 25, 2017

Jose Callejon has not given up hope of a future Scudetto but admits winning is hard at Napoli.

The 30-year-old joined the Partenopei from Real Madrid in 2013 and has lifted the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa during his time at the club.

However, with Juventus so dominant in Serie A he concedes it will be difficult for his side to win the League title, adding that the target this season is to finish second.

"It would be marvellous, a dream for everyone," Callejon told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli. "Winning at Napoli is always hard. Maradona won two Scudetti, we try every year and we hope to have chances in the future.

"We want to finish second [this season] and that is our target. We need to work well next week, Juventus are a difficult team.

"We need to go out with the right attitude from the first minute. We need to work well."

Upon the conclusion of the international break, Napoli face Juventus twice in the space of four days. First comes a Serie A match at San Paolo before the Coppa Italia semi-final second leg at the same venue.

"We feel as if we are an important team, but we need to know we are because at times I don't think we have that mentality.

"Those on the bench and in the crowd also need to know we are a strong team, we can win something. On the pitch we need to enjoy ourselves, give enjoyment to the crowd and to our teammates.

"I just want to say to the fans that we want a packed San Paolo and everyone ready for Juve. Together, we can get to the Coppa Italia final and do great things with Napoli."

Callejon also looked back at Napoli's recent Champions League tie with European champions Real Madrid, who they troubled in parts before succumbing to a 6-2 aggregate defeat.

"For 55 minutes we played them as equals. We did all that we could, in these high-level matches it is the details that make the difference.

"We need to learn these things in the future in order to get as far as we can. It was one of the best first-halves of the year, even they said they had never seen a team play like we did."

Spain forward Callejon was left out of his country's squad for the current international matches but has not given up hope of a recall in future.

"I always want to play for the national team. With Spain it's always difficult because there are so many players who are doing well.

"This time, the boss decided not to call me up, so I'm continuing to work here."

http://www.goal.com/en/tables/serie-a/13?ICID=TP_TN_110

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pirlo: 'Juve can win Champions League'

http://www.football-italia.net/100205/pirlo-juve-can-win-champions-league

Mar 26, 2017

Andrea Pirlo believes Juventus can win the Champions League this season, but admits he still feels the “painful” loss against Barcelona.

The New York City FC midfielder sat down for a lengthy interview with the Corriere dello Sport, touching on a number of subjects.

“Juve can win the Champions League. They are up to the level of the others, if not above that. They are more tactically compact and can certainly go all the way.”

First they must overcome Barcelona in the quarter-finals and it is a repeat of the 2015 Final, which Pirlo cannot forget.

“We were convinced that we could do it, even if Barcelona had that trio in attack who could win the game at any moment. We started badly, but then got back on track, equalised and had the chances to win it.

“When you lose a Final it’s always bad, but for Juventus it was even worse. It had been such a long time since this club had won the Champions League.

“It was very painful for me too, as it would’ve been the perfect way to come full circle, achieving an objective I had set myself when I first joined the Bianconeri. After that night, I had nothing left.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Hamsik injury scare for Slovakia?

http://www.football-italia.net/100159/callejon-targets-napoli-scudetto

Mar 26, 2017

Marek Hamsik is on the bench for Slovakia, reportedly due to a muscular problem, but Pepe Reina is fit for Napoli-Juventus.

Slovakia are in Malta this evening for a World Cup qualifier, but the trademark Mohican haircut us only on the touchline.

According to reports emerging out of the Slovakian media, this is because Hamsik has been suffering from a slight muscular problem throughout the international duty spell.

The Coach therefore preferred not to risk him in one of the easiest games of the group, but he is on the bench if needed.

Meanwhile, Napoli medical staff reassured fans that Reina will be available for next weekend’s Serie A showdown with Juventus.

The goalkeeper pulled out of international duty with Spain after suffering from a calf issue.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Mel: 'Juve must press Barca'

http://www.football-italia.net/100243/mel-juve-must-press-barca

Mar 27, 2017

Deportivo La Coruna Coach Pepe Mel stresses 'Juve must press' Barcelona in their forthcoming Champions League quarter-final.

The former West Bromwich Albion boss managed to pull off a 2-1 victory over Luis Enrique's side in La Liga, and he gave counterpart Massimiliano Allegri some useful advice in how to manage the game.

"Firstly they must hope to deal with them on a day in which [Lionel] Messi, [Luis] Suarez and Neymar are not at their best," the Spaniard told Tuttosport.

"Last time I crossed them, I was lucky as it was after the effort of the Champions League tie with PSG.

"But there is a workaround. Barcelona are the strongest team in the world at dribbling and you don’t disturb this from the beginning of the action they will massacre you.

"The Blaugrana are in difficulty when they have less time to think. They must be immediately pressed.

"Now they play with a 3-3-1-3, but the principles of their game have been the same for 10 years, regardless of the Coaches."

Should the Bianconeri simply 'park the bus' in order to contain the attacking threat?

"This would be suicide both at home and be at the Camp Nou. The key is being able to defend in their own half.

"You can’t stop Messi, but you must put him in a position that he is not used to, that is near his own penalty area.

"He’s an absolute phenomenon, but if due to pressure he is forced to go into his own half to receive the ball for sure there are limits."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Zielinski: 'I don't want the EPL'

http://www.football-italia.net/100247/zielinski-i-dont-want-epl

Mar 27, 2017

Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski reveals that he ‘doesn’t want the Premier League’, preferring to remain with the Partenopei.

Currently on international duty with Poland, his side registered a 2-1 away victory over Montenegro on Sunday in the World Cup qualifiers.

“We are very happy, it was a very important victory that gives us confidence for the other games," the 22-year-old told Tuttosport.

"The other results were justified but in June there is a decisive match against Romania and if we win we would qualify for the World Cup.

"Can we finish in first place? Yes, yes, we have six points so we have to stay concentrated and register the most possible points."

His Napoli side face Juventus in a return to domestic action on Sunday evening, but is the title race over?

"No, it is not over, we want to win every game and get as high up as possible."

The two sides then meet again in midweek for the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final, with the Partenopei trailing 3-1. Can they still reach the final?

"Sure, sure, we have a home game against a great team, we have to recover two goals but we can do it because we are a good team.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Sarri: ‘For once I beat Allegri!’

http://www.football-italia.net/100254/sarri-‘-once-i-beat-allegri’

Mar 27, 2017

Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri is honoured to receive the Panchina d’Oro - “for once I finished above Max Allegri!”.

The award, which translates as ‘Golden Bench’ is given to the best Coach of the Serie A season, and the Partenopei boss was today given the prize for the 2015-16 season.

“It’s very satisfying because the jury is made up of Coaches,” Sarri told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Of course in your career you want points, not prizes. It’s very personally gratifying though, and for once I finished above Max!

“I didn't expect it, in general this award is given to the one who wins the League.”

Napoli face Juventus twice in a week after the international break, first in the League and then in the Coppa Italia.

“Unfortunately the on-pitch level of Juventus is very high. It’s always difficult to beat them on the pitch.

“Whatever team Juventus put out is the strongest in Italy. We can only hope for some attrition from them in the next few seasons.

“What reception will Gonzalo Higuain get? I don’t know, the Neapolitan fans are extremely generous.

“There were moments of anger, but it was caused by jealousy, by a fan base who felt a little betrayed.

“Higuain made history at Napoli though, and I’m sure the Neapolitan fans will recognise him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Crespo: ‘If Barcelona are 100 per cent…’

http://www.football-italia.net/100262/crespo-‘if-barcelona-are-100-cent…’

Mar 27, 2017

Hernan Crespo says Juventus have to hope Barcelona “drop to 90 or 80 per cent” in their Champions League clash.

The Bianconeri face the Spanish champions in the Quarter-Finals of the competition, a repeat of the 2015 final.

“If I say who will go through if they’re at 100 per cent, I’d always say Barcelona,” Crespo explained to Il Bianconero.

“However, in football you aren’t always at 100 per cent, and I think Juve have to hope that Barcelona drop to 90 or 80 per cent. Then it gets interesting.

“What should Max Allegri do? He already knows, he’s faced Barcelona many times he doesn’t need me to tell him.

“The problem is that on the other side there’s Messi, Suarez and Neymar who won’t let you through easily.

“Dybala and Higuain are phenomena, but they’re not Messi, Suarez and Neymar.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Sarri: ‘Won’t watch Juve-Barca’

http://www.football-italia.net/100292/sarri-‘won’t-watch-juve-barca’

Mar 28, 2017

Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri assures “I have a three-year contract” and “won’t watch” Juventus-Barcelona in the Champions League.

The Partenopei boss was awarded the Panchina d’Oro yesterday, and this morning’s Gazzetta della Sport contains an interview from the ceremony.

“After this award I won’t become more politically correct in what I say,” Sarri shrugged.

“I’m a pain in the butt by nature, after Napoli-Empoli I complained about how the fixture lists were put together. I said they weren’t done with much shrewdness.

“We should be attentive to teams who represent Italian football in Europe. I also observed that the most penalised team was Roma.

“I won’t change, even if I’m soon taking on Juventus and not a Lega Pro team.

“Serie A? Maybe 20 teams are too many, and maybe we need to change something else.

“My future? I have a three-year contract with Napoli.”

Napoli were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid, and Sarri insists he won’t even watch Juve’s Quarter-Final with Barcelona.

“I won’t watch it, now we’re no longer in the tournament I don’t want to see other Champions League games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

Zeman: ‘Juve deserve to be top’

http://www.football-italia.net/100297/zeman-‘juve-deserve-be-top’

Mar 28, 2017

Pescara Coach Zdenek Zeman insists “Juventus are in first place because they’re the strongest team”.

The Czech has been an outspoken critic of the Bianconeri for much of his career, and believed he was vindicated by the Calciopoli scandal.

Recent matches with Napoli, Inter and Milan have drawn controversy for perceived refereeing errors in the Old Lady’s favour, but the Delfini Coach isn’t going to weigh-in.

“If Juve win at Napoli [on Sunday] then it’s all over,” Zeman told La Stampa.

“But Juve are in first place because they’re the strongest team. Certain polemic just doesn’t make sense.

“Juve know they must concentrate on interesting things, and it’s not decided in the Champions League: if everyone plays well they can have their say with Barcelona.

“It will be a great game, with great players.

“The ticket scandal with the ultras? This is an old problem which has never been resolved. Football clubs can’t do much, other institutions have to intervene.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

sefz  Montella hits out at Juventus?  .bah

http://www.football-italia.net/100298/montella-hits-out-juventus

Mar 28, 2017

Milan Coach Vincenzo Montella complained Juventus players aren’t booked for surrounding referees, according to reports.

The Rossoneri’s 2-1 defeat in Turin in Week 28 brought with it days of controversy, due to the penalty scored in stoppage time by Paulo Dybala.

Now La Stampa is reporting this morning that Montella had a complaint about the attitude of the Bianconeri players, rather than the award of the penalty.

The newspaper states the Montella complained at yesterday’s Panchina d’Oro ceremony, that “the Bianconeri protest en masse without being sanctioned” while Alessio Romagnoli “was booked after the first complaint”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Pjaca and Hysaj pick up injuries

http://www.football-italia.net/100331/pjaca-and-hysaj-pick-injuries

Mar 28, 2017

Elseid Hysaj and Marko Pjaca both picked up injuries while on international duty, so are in doubt for Sunday’s Napoli-Juventus clash.

Croatia international Pjaca got by far the worst of it, as he was stretchered off practically in tears during the 3-0 defeat to Estonia.

Video footage shows his knee appear to buckle and there are concrete fears of ligament damage.

“It does seem to be a serious injury and that hurts us more than the defeat,” said Coach Ante Coric.

Ivan Perisic, who also plays in Serie A for Inter, blamed the organisation of this friendly.

“We played on a pitch that was really at the limits to be considered suitable for a professional match. There’s no point playing here. We must choose our opponents and conditions better, because otherwise we can lose someone else the way we did Pjaca.

“I hope he recovers quickly, but it looked to be a serious injury. Coming here to play in these conditions is pointless.”

Napoli full-back Hysaj featured in Albania’s friendly defeat to Bosnia and got a knock to the top of the right foot, at the base of the ankle.

“Tomorrow I will undergo tests to understand the extent of the injury,” Hysaj told Panorama.com.

“I hope to be available for the Juve game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Referee: Daniele Orsato

Max Allegri needs to show flexibility to keep his team fresh

Allegri’s changes have made the team better, but the squad

may not have the depth to stay in top form all year.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/29/15078106/juventus-

max-allegri-2017-serie-a-champions-league-squad-rotation-rest

Mar 29, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri’s mid-January tactical change to a 4-2-3-1 formation has been hailed as a turning point in Juventus’ season. The bianconeri were collecting points, but the wins tended to be drab, and they were prone to the odd breakdown, like in November’s 3-1 loss at Genoa or the 2-1 reverse fixture at Fiorentina that precipitated the tactical switch.

The “Five Star” system — so called because it gets offensive stars Miralem Pjanic, Juan Cuadrado, Mario Mandzukic, Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala on the field at the same time — was considered extraordinarily risky when it was first deployed on Jan. 22 against Lazio. It looked incredibly unbalanced, and Mandzukic in particular looked thrown in on the left wing. But it has turned into a revelation. Mandzukic and Cuadrado, particularly the former, have contributed enough defensively that the team has stayed solid, and Pjanic has turned in some of his better performances since joining the team.

Since implementing the new system Juventus has won nine and drawn one in 10 league games, outscoring their opponents 19-3. They beat AC Milan 2-1 in the Coppa Italia quarterfinal and then took a 3-1 first-leg lead over Napoli in the semis. To top it off, they eliminated Porto in the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 by a 3-0 aggregate scoreline that was not even that close.

It’s been almost non-stop success. But in the last few weeks there has been one cause for concern about the 4-2-3-1. The last three league games have been a drab 1-1 draw at Udinese, a last-minute 2-1 win against Milan that came in controversial fashion, and a 1-0 win at Sampdoria that turned into a deep struggle after halftime. Each time the team has looked sluggish and tired.

It looks like another early worry about the system might well be coming to roost. It may be getting the best out of the players, but the squad may not be deep enough to keep everyone rested enough to be in top shape at the end of the season. With the business end of the Champions League and the home stretch to the Scudetto looming, Allegri may have to get flexible in order to ensure that everyone is fresh.

In defense and midfield, there is no problem. Juve has three of the very best center-backs in the game at their disposal in the BBC, along with one of its most exciting prospects in Daniele Rugani. (There’s also Medhi Benatia, but the less he plays the better). The fullback spots are similarly well-manned, and the midfield boasts Pjanic, Sami Khedira, Claudio Marchisio and a host of others. The issues are up front.

At full strength, Juventus only has five forwards on the roster: Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Cuadrado and Marko Pjaca. That number can increase to six on days that 17-year-old primavera prospect Moise Kean is included in the squad. With four of them playing at any given time, it leaves Allegri very little room to rotate.

Some have put the responsibility for this lack of depth squarely at the team’s front office. While Giuseppe Marotta and his lieutenants do bear some of the burden for this, it’s irrational to blame them 100 percent. While it’s impossible to say this for certain without having been in the room, I’d wager they were expecting the team to be working off a combination of 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2, with a strike pair. In this equation, Cuadrado would have been thought of as a wing-back with the rest considered strikers. They were probably working to fill a very different framework this summer than we are looking at now.

That being said, they still left the team light at forward even when working with two rather than four. When Dybala and Pjaca were both out with injuries from mid-October until Dybala’s return in mid-December, Allegri was left with few options beyond using two men up top who were more suited to the prima punta role. Another option would have made a world of difference.

Those problems have only been magnified with so many forwards on the field. With so little wiggle room, some of the most important players on the team are working themselves to death.

Particularly worrisome is Higuain. The Argentinian has played in all but two of Juve’s competitive games this season, and it’s starting to show. Since registering a goal and an assist against Palermo on Feb. 17 he’s scored just once in seven matches. In his last few he’s looked completely exhausted. Chances that he usually buries have gone begging. Against Sampdoria he had a cross practically spilled onto his boot and he couldn’t get the ball into the net.

Equally out of sorts is Mandzukic The Croatian has been criticized for his play recently, but he’s only been given two games off since the switch — one enforced because of a yellow card suspension — as has Cuadrado. Dybala hasn’t rested much, either, and the mercifully minor thigh strain that forced him off the field at the Marassi should be taken as a warning sign.

Juventus FC v Pescara Calcio - Serie A
Could Moise Kean see more time with the first team once Juventus wrap up the Scudetto?
 Photo by Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images

Given the lack of options, it begs wondering if some more thought should have been given to keeping Simone Zaza after his loan move at West Ham fell apart. He was sent to Valencia a few days before Allergi’s switch to the Five Star lineup, but it’s an option that should’ve been considered even if he had stayed with a pair up top for the entire season. Regardless of the formation, the team simply didn’t have enough forwards.

But Allegri has what he has — five forwards plus the occasional cameo by Kean. So how does he rotate enough to keep the rest of the team fresh?

If he keeps the 4-2-3-1 in place, to give Higuain some much-needed rest, Mandzukic will likely have to move up to take his place. That would mean that the left wing would need filling—and that is now of major concern.

Pjaca is a natural left-winger and would be the obvious choice — but he may no longer be an option. During Croatia’s friendly loss to Estonia on Tuesday Pjaca’s knee buckled with no contact. He had to be stretchered off the field, and there are serious concerns that he’s blown out his knee. Remember a few moments ago when I said “at full strength?” It’s looking incredibly likely that Juve will go through the rest of the season short of that.

Where does that leave the state of the left wing beyond Mandzukic? If Allegri wants to rotate that position while keeping the formation he’ll have to get creative.

He has used players out of position at both wings when the starters weren’t available. Stefano Sturaro has spelled Mandzukic on the left before, and his fellow midfielder Mario Lemina looked like a straight swap for Cuadrado on the right when he came on against Sampdoria.

But the solution may actually be on the back line. Dani Alves has been moved up from right-back to take the right wing spot for Cuadrado, a move that actually suits him and is more than viable going forward so long as Stephan Lichtsteiner is available to play on the back line. Allegri could use a similar ploy on the left by moving Alex Sandro forward and having Kwadwo Asamoah deputize for him at left-back. Sandro is a dynamic attacker already from the full-back spot, and if he were freed of some of his defensive responsibilities he could be a major threat on the wing.

Then there’s Kean. Entrusting a 17-year-old with a major role is a huge risk, but if Pjaca’s injury is worst-case scenario he becomes the only other straight forward on the roster. He would only be able to play domestically after being removed from the Champions League list in favor of Lichtsteiner, but he’s naturally a wide player and can spell both Mandzukic or Cuadrado. Against truly inferior teams like Crotone or Pescara, it may not hurt to give him a bigger taste of first-team football.

As for the trequartista position, the solution would likely have been Pjanic. The Bosnian was probably signed for just that role in a 4-3-1-2, and had played well there before Christmas. With only two midfielders on the field at a given time there’s a ridiculous amount of depth at the position, so Marchisio, Sturaro, Lemina or Tomas Rincon can all partner with Khedira, or each other if the German gets rested himself.

All of those solutions work, but there’s still a lot of jerry-rigging involved, especially if Pjaca ends up done for the year. A simpler solution does present itself: change formation in games against lesser opposition. A 4-3-1-2 would let two of the forwards kick up their heels while utilizing the team’s midfield depth. Even a return to the 3-5-2 could help the forwards conserve some energy as the season reaches its end.

UC Sampdoria v Juventus FC - Serie A
Max Allegri was not all that happy with his team’s performance against Sampdoria going into the international break.
 Photo by Paolo Rattini/Getty Images

The key here will be Allegri’s willingness to flex. There’s a reasonable fear of the team getting out of joint if the formation starts changing regularly, especially given how new the 4-2-3-1 is. But switching formations is the only way to give his forwards enough rest while ensuring that everyone is in a natural position.

Juve’s next two games will be at the Stadio San Paolo, first on Sunday in the league and then on Wednesday for the second leg of the Coppa semifinal. The first game will certainly require the team in its best system. The second may well see Allegri go to the 3-5-2 for all or part of the match as he seeks to kill off the tie.

After that, of Juve’s remaining league schedule there are only two games, on paper anyway, that could pose a significant threat. The first is the Derby against Torino on May 7, the second a week later at Roma — after which there will only be two more matches to go. By the time Juve reaches the Olimpico, it’s possible they will already have the title sewn up, or at least will be so close to it that the result of that game would be immaterial.

In other words, the next month and a half or so is a perfect time to shift things around, rotate the squad and keep important players like Higuain and Dybala fresh and healthy for the Champions League quarterfinal with Barcelona — and hopefully beyond.

One thing is certain: Allegri cannot keep whipping his top players to death simply to keep this new formation on the field. If he does, they will be unable to cope when the Champions League campaign reaches its critical moment.

Allegri’s predecessor, Antonio Conte, was often criticized for his unwillingness to change his formation. That particular argument is best left for another time, but Allegri needs to make sure he doesn’t become vulnerable to a similar debate. He needs to rotate his squad, and the best way to do that is to put the players who do go out on the field in their natural positions by shifting formation.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

Barcelona blow as Arda Turan to miss Sevilla and Juventus games

The Turkish midfielder's groin injury means he will be sidelined

for three weeks at what is a crucial time in the Catalan club's battle for titles.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/03/29/34119592/-

Mar 29, 2017

Barcelona attacking midfielder Arda Turan has been ruled out for three weeks with a groin injury, meaning he will miss key upcoming matches against Sevilla and Juventus.

Arda underwent tests at Barca's training ground on Wednesday after suffering the problem while with Turkey during the international break.

Having played in the World Cup qualifying win over Finland, he missed the friendly against Moldova and it was hoped the injury would not be serious.

But he could now miss up to six Barca games at a busy period of the season.

"Medical tests conducted this Wednesday morning have confirmed that first-team player Arda Turan has an injury to the adductor muscle in his right groin," read Barca's statement.

"He is expected to be unavailable for about three weeks."

A three-week timescale means Arda looks certain to miss upcoming LaLiga matches against Granada, title rivals Sevilla, Malaga and Real Sociedad, as well as the first leg of Barca's Champions League quarter-final tie away to Juve on April 11.

The 30-year-old would face a race against time to play the return leg on April 19, with El Clasico against Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu to follow that match four days later.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Reina, Hamsik back for Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/100364/reina-hamsik-back-juventus

Mar 29, 2017

Napoli will reportedly have both Pepe Reina and Marek Hamsik fit for Sunday’s Juventus game.

Both players were carrying knocks after international duty, with Reina sent back from the Spain squad with a calf injury.

In addition, captain Hamsik suffered severe bruising while representing Slovakia against Malta.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that both are fit and available to face the Old Lady on Sunday night, in what could be crucial game in the Scudetto race.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Juventus hotel 'on lockdown'

http://www.football-italia.net/100367/juventus-hotel-lockdown

Mar 29, 2017

The hotel Juventus are staying in for their two games with Napoli “will be on lockdown with maximum security” with 60 rooms booked.

Due to a strange twist of fate, the two teams will face off at the Stadio San Paolo twice in a matter of days.

This Sunday they face off for Serie A Week 30, then on Wednesday night it’s the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final.

Juve will stay at the Grand Hotel Parker in Corso Vittorio Emanuele, but won’t remain there for the entire duration.

“The hotel will be on lockdown with maximum security considering the nature of the event,” hotel director Antonio Maiorino told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“We received very precise instructions from the authorities and from Juventus to be extremely careful. Nobody must be let in without permission.

“We will maintain privacy and ensure the safety of our guests. We want to give an image of Naples as a hospitable place that doesn’t let itself be taken over by fanatics.

“Juve will return to us on Sunday. We thought they’d be staying with us throughout the whole period, but that is not the case, so they’ll come back for the Coppa Italia game.

“They have not made any personal requests. Their chef will collaborate with ours in the kitchen and they have booked 60 rooms.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Higuan 'will feel consequences'

http://www.football-italia.net/100374/higuan-will-feel-consequences

Mar 29, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain “will feel the consequences of his choices” when Juventus visit Napoli on Sunday, said Nicola Amoruso.

This will be the Argentine’s first visit back to the Stadio San Paolo since he left the Partenopei in a Serie A transfer record €90m deal.

It’ll be followed next Wednesday by another match here for the Coppa Italia semi-final.

“Higuain is a champion and two very difficult games await him in Naples,” said Amoruso – who played for both clubs – told Radio CRC.

“His departure was seen as a betrayal, but in those three years he gave extraordinary performances, rewarded by the unique affection from those fans.

“Higuain will feel the consequences of his choices the moment he steps on to the field. In some games, the Stadio San Paolo can give you so much and right now there is a great deal of enthusiasm in the city.

“However, when things are going badly, the San Paolo atmosphere can burn you. Either way, it’s an unforgettable experience.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Juventus head into Napoli encounters

seeking to protect treble ambitions

Two games in Naples over the week will have a

huge say in the club's hopes of making history

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/30/15086282/juventus-

napoli-2017-serie-a-coppa-italia-semifinals-champions-league

Mar 30, 2017

It’s not often that two teams hold the fate of each other’s seasons, but that will be the case over the next week when Juventus face off against Napoli. Keen to hold onto an eight-point lead at the top of the Serie A table, Juve travel to Naples on Sunday. A positive result there would see them edge ever closer to the Serie A title while their opponents still hold distant championship hopes. Napoli are also wary of the chasing pack behind them for that third Champions League spot, with Lazio, Inter and Atalanta ready to pounce on any slip up.

he meeting between these two is always highly-anticipated. That it will play a huge part in deciding both sides’ season ambitions makes it even more exciting.

But the rivalry doesn’t stop there. The following Wednesday night will see them meet again, in the same place, at the same time for the Coppa Italia semifinal second leg. Juve hold a 3-1 lead from the meeting in Turin last month, which was dominated by controversy as the Bianconeri were awarded two penalties. Napoli threatened to field their second side for the return leg, but it’s unlikely that will occur as Maurizio Sarri’s men need just two goals to go through. They simply wanted to stir the pot with regards to what they see as generous refereeing in Juve’s favour but it would be unnecessary to throw away a chance in a cup final for the sake of making a point.

The talk surrounding that first leg tie sets up this weekend’s match perfectly. Both teams are always looking to get one over on each other, and with their league positions at stake, we should see a feisty encounter. Max Allegri’s team selection will be interesting. Will he set up more defensively, looking to contain Napoli’s attack, which leads the league with 68 goals scored? Or perhaps he saves those tactics for the second leg clash where he can sit on a two goal lead. Juve aren’t exactly in desperate need for three points, with their comfortable advantage as league leaders, but it would be wise to not give Roma any confidence of an overthrow at the top as we head into the final weeks of the year.

While Napoli boast an exciting attack, Allegri’s side are still the most astutely defensive of teams, not just in Italy either. Across Europe’s top 5 leagues of Spain, England, France, Germany and Italy, Juve have the second best record in terms of goals against with 19. Should Allegri fancy settling for a draw instead of push for all three on Sunday night, then chances are he’ll leave Naples a satisfied figure as Juve have the ability to sit back and soak up any pressure the home side throw at them. However, with the international break coming to an end Tuesday night, most of the squad should be fresh which might lead to to a more attacking approach. Roma face struggling Empoli at home on Saturday so Allegri’s hand could be forced if Juve’s lead is down to just 5 points by kickoff.

Napoli would love nothing more than to dent their rival’s treble hopes. Having been eliminated from the Champions League by Real Madrid, the domestic competitions are all they have left to play for. What joy they would get if they heaped pressure on Juve in the league or ended their Italian Cup aspirations with an unlikely comeback. They won’t get a better chance to lump misery on their counterparts than the upcoming double meeting. Even if they lose in the league, they still have a chance to knock them out of the cup just a few days later. You can be sure the Naples club will be motivated for such an opportunity.

Juve themselves have a chance to disrupt Napoli’s own domestic ambitions. Though they are 10 points behind the leaders, Napoli sit just six clear of Lazio and eight clear of Inter and Atalanta. Should they drop points at the weekend, they could find themselves a game clear of fourth place, which places a lot of pressure on a side expected to challenge for the title year in, year out. Napoli still have to face Lazio away from home, and it would be just as satisfying for Juve to throw their opponents season into disarray, especially after their complaints following last month’s victory. Napoli have picked up some impressive wins recently, most notably away to Roma and AC Milan but have also dropped points at home against Atalanta and Palermo. It’s been that sort of year for the club, but over the last few weeks they’ve started to show more consistency, winning 6 of their last 7 league games.

Juve must be feeling confident heading into the next week due to their dominant record over Sarri’s team. They have lost only 3 from their last 13 contests, dating all the way back to 2011, while if you include the Super Cup, its 4 losses from 15. Juve constantly outmatch Napoli, and there’s nothing from this season to suggest the next two matches will be any different. These games always mean something, with the rivalry increasing these last few years, but next week’s encounters feel even more special as both teams’ season ambitions depend on them.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Agent: ‘Hysaj should be back’

http://www.football-italia.net/100385/agent-‘hysaj-should-be-back’

Mar 30, 2017

Elseid Hysaj’s agent is “optimistic” that the Napoli full-back will be fit for the Juventus double-header.

The defender was injured while on international duty with Albania, creating apprehension for the double showdown with the Bianconeri, Sunday in Serie A and Wednesday in the Coppa Italia.

“He had an ankle problem, but I think we might be ok for Sunday,” Mario Giuffredi said on Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“We’re optimistic for the match with Juventus. The League game could create enthusiasm for the Coppa Italia, in which it will take a real feat [to come back].”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

‘Whistles will motivate Higuain’

http://www.football-italia.net/100390/‘whistles-will-motivate-higuain’

Mar 30, 2017

Former Juventus and Napoli defender Ciro Ferrara believes whistles “could be terrific motivation” for Gonzalo Higuain on Sunday.

The striker left the Partenopei in the summer to join the champions, taking a secret medical in Spain after the Old Lady activated his release clause.

“What a relief I don’t have to play…” Ferrara joked, speaking to Corriere dello Sport.

“I think he'll get a varied reception, there's be a lot of whistling but Higuain is the first to know that, he’ll have been expecting that since the summer. Many will be indifferent though.

“Beyond the predictable whistles, I hope there’s space for some witty, subtle banter too, because Neapolitans are quite capable of that. I hope respect and education prevail.

"I don't know Higuain personally, but I know that a champion like him won't be scared or intimidated by such a hostile atmosphere.

"He's already scored against Napoli with the Juve shirt, although it was at Juventus Stadium and not at San Paolo.

"My experience tells me that games like the upcoming two give a lift to real champions, and Higuain is one of those.

"The whistles could be terrific motivation for him.

“What kind of reception did I get? Beautiful, they applauded both me and [Marcello] Lippi. Then something changed, younger people only associated me with Juventus.

“In Naples this rivalry goes beyond sport, before [Diego] Maradona arrived a win against Juve could change the season.

“After winning the League, the fans realised they didn’t have to be content with just that.”

Ferrara then looked ahead to the game on Sunday, and the former defender believes Napoli can get a win.

“The result of Sunday’s game is uncertain, anything can happen at San Paolo. The 10 points between the two teams doesn’t accurately reflect the balance of power.

“There is a gap, but Napoli can bridge it in a 90-minute game. Personally though I’m convinced Juve will win the Scudetto, regardless of what happens at San Paolo.

“They’ll remain as the team to beat for many years to come.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Orsato for Napoli-Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/100396/orsato-napoli-juventus

Mar 30, 2017

The referees for Week 30 of Serie A have been announced, with Daniele Orsato assigned to Napoli-Juventus.

First meets third in Naples on Sunday night, with Gonzalo Higuain returning to Stadio San Paolo for the first time since moving to Turin in the summer.

The AIA has decided to appoint Orsato as the referee for what is sure to be a fiery encounter, having last taken charge of the Bianconeri for their 1-0 win over Roma in December.

The Partnopei’s last game with the official was a 3-1 defeat to the Giallorossi in October.

Elsewhere, Domenico Celi will be the man in the middle for Sampdoria’s trip to Inter, while Paolo Mazzoleni will oversee Pescara-Milan.

Serie A Week 30 referees:

Chievo-Crotone - Gianpaolo Calvarese
Fiorentina-Bologna - Daniele Doveri
Genoa-Atalanta - Claudio Gavillucci
Inter-Sampdoria - Domenico Celi
Napoli-Juventus - Daniele Orsato
Palermo-Cagliari - Paolo Valeri
Pescara-Milan - Paolo Mazzoleni
Roma-Empoli - Davide Massa
Sassuolo-Lazio - Piero Giacomelli
Torino-Udinese - Davide Ghersini

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Juventus star Higuain will be fired up

by Napoli anger, says Ferrara

Ciro Ferrara and Nicola Amoruso - who both played for Juventus

and Napoli - are expecting a hostile reception for the striker on Sunday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/03/30/34149442/-

Mar 30, 2017

Gonzalo Higuain will be fired up by any hostile treatment from Napoli fans in Sunday's Serie A showdown, former defender Ciro Ferrara has warned.

The Argentina international joined Juve in a €90million deal last July that sparked fury from supporters and club president Aurelio De Laurentiis, who accused Higuain of "betraying" the club.

The striker responded by claiming De Laurentiis pushed him into leaving and went on to score the winner when the teams met in Turin in October, although he did not celebrate the goal.

Higuain will return to the San Paolo twice this week in a Serie A and Coppa Italia double-header, and although Ferrara anticipates plenty of resentment among the home fans, he believes the attention could bring the best out of the former Real Madrid man.

"The first time I went back, I was welcomed in a nice way, but then something changed," Ferrara, who won two league titles with Napoli before enjoying spectacular success with Juve, told Corriere dello Sport.

"Maybe because, for personal reasons, younger fans only remember me as a Bianconeri player and not as the defender who won the Scudetto with [Diego] Maradona.

"I expect a varied welcome [for Higuain], somewhere between indifference and whistles. I really hope that, beyond the predictable whistling, there's some space for some witty, subtle teasing. I hope that education and respect prevail.

"I don't know Higuain personally but I know for a fact that a champion of his calibre will not be scared or intimidated by a hostile atmosphere.

After all, he's already scored against Napoli in a Juve shirt, though it's true that that was at the [Juventus] Stadium and not the San Paolo.

"Experience tells me that games like these two upcoming ones give a real lift to champions, and Higuain is one of those. The jeers could be a huge motivation."

Nicola Amoruso - a three-time league champion with Juve who spent the 2000-01 campaign with Napoli - says Higuain must accept the inevitable when he takes to the pitch.

"Higuain is a champion and there are two very difficult games in Naples awaiting him," he told Radio CRC. "His departure was seen as a betrayal but he gave some extraordinary performances in those three years.

"Higuain will feel the consequences of his choices the moment he steps onto the field.

"In some games, the San Paolo can give you so much and right now there is a great deal of enthusiasm in the city.

"However, when things are going badly, the atmosphere can burn you. Either way, it's an unforgettable experience."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

Juventus-Barcelona sold out

http://www.football-italia.net/100402/juventus-barcelona-sold-out

Mar 30, 2017

All tickets for Juventus’ Champions League Quarter Final first leg with Barcelona were sold out just minutes after going on sale.

The Bianconeri face the Catalan giants on April 11 in Turin, and Juventus Stadium is already sold out for the match.

All of the tickets were bought by members in the special pre-sale, meaning they never went on general release.

The match is a repeat of the 2015 Champions League final, where the Old Lady were defeated 3-1 by the Blaugrana.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

NAPOLI - JUVENTUS

1270.png      1242.png

MATCHDAY 30

Zielinski: ‘Scudetto race not over’

http://www.football-italia.net/100406/zielinski-‘scudetto-race-not-over’

Mar 30, 2017

Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski declares “the League is not over” and wants to re-open the Scudetto race by beating Juventus.

The Partenopei are 10 points behind the League leaders, but the Polish international believes they can still win Serie A this season.

“There’s a lot of expectation and we can feel that,” Zielinski said on Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli ahead of the double-header with the Bianconeri.

“We know for our fans it’s very important to win, we want to give huge joy to our fans.

“We want to beat Juventus, simply to get closer to Juventus. The League is not over and we can definitely re-open it. We want to finish as high-up as we can.

“If we play the way we know we can, we can beat them. With the help of our fans we can do it.

“The Coppa Italia? We believe in the final. We need two goals to recover, but we’re a great team and we can definitely do it.

“For the moment though the League match is more important.”

Zielinski was also asked about his future, and insists he wants to stay at San Paolo.

“I’m very happy in Naples and I have no desire to move. There’s a great squad here and the fans are fantastic, there are no problems.

“It’s great to work with so many champions. I hope that by the end of the season I can give a lot to the cause.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...