Champions League Quarter Final - First leg

Tuesday, april 3rd 2018 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium, Turin
Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)

Buffon: Madrid better than Juve

https://www.football-italia.net/119316/buffon-madrid-better-juve

Apr 2, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon accepts Real Madrid ‘are a better team’ than Juventus but insists luck was not with his side in last season’s Champions League Final.

Juve were comprehensively beaten 4-1 by Madrid in the Cardiff showpiece last May, but the Bianconeri will begin their quest for revenge against the holders in Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final first leg.

“Why Juve can beat Madrid in knockouts but not Finals? There’s no explanation,” the goalkeeper told Marca.

“We’ve won matches that are 180 minutes long, yet we’ve lost in 90. We’ll have to play Finals in 180 minutes!

“It’s difficult to find an explanation, but it shows that we know how to play against teams of this level, although it’s not the same when the game is 90 minutes long and not 180.

“Why Madrid won so convincingly last year? What we have to do this time around is apply our qualities and way of playing in order to strike a balance.

“The best team won, but we didn’t play so badly to be stuffed like we did. There are times in games when fortune smiles at you or not, and it didn’t help us that day.

“How to beat Madrid? By applying our best characteristics on the pitch, that’s what the Coach will try to do.

“Real Madrid are a better team than Juve. I don’t say it, history says it. Their track record, numbers…

“I believe that winning the Champions League is still a dream, although it’ll be very difficult for it to come true.

“We can compete with Real Madrid, but they’ve always shown that they have something special, different.

“What makes them different? Well, they’re the best team in the world by far. Does anyone doubt it? Winning three Champions Leagues in the last four years says it all.

“They’re No 1 and no-one can argue with that. Are this Real Madrid invincible in Europe? No. No team are invincible. They’re a very complicated team to beat.

“Real Madrid may be favourites, but the tie is now at 50 percent. We have to be ambitious. There’s history and the present, but Juve are also a great team, who know how to win trophies.

“Each game is different. I wouldn’t like it to be like it was in Cardiff. We’re playing well, but we’re not favourites.

“We know the we’re facing, and our objective is to still be battling until the final minutes of game at the Bernabeu.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

logo-liga-champions-2017-2018.png

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png     Rm_mediano.png

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Zidane: ‘Cardiff is irrelevant. 

Facing Juventus is special’

https://www.football-italia.net/119341/zidane-‘cardiff-irrelevant’

https://www.football-italia.net/119332/zidane-‘facing-juventus-special’

Apr 2, 2018

Real Madrid Coach Zinedine Zidane says last year’s Champions League final won’t affect the Juventus game tomorrow - “Cardiff has nothing to do with it”.

The Bianconeri were thrashed 4-1 in last year’s final, and the two sides renew acquaintances in Turin tomorrow night.

“We’ll try to play a good game because that’s what we do,” Zidane said in his pre-match Press conference.

“Cardiff has nothing to do with it. We can’t think about it, every game is one unto itself, we need to prepare well because tomorrow will be important for both teams.

“It’s been 10 months, Juve are a completely different team now. What happened, happened.

“Juve have always been strong and they’re proving it, they’re a complete team and you need to be attentive to what they do at the back, in midfield and up-front.

“Juve are having a good season, they’re playing well. I’ve watched their matches, I can’t comment on any criticism of the Italian league but Juventus have a good style.”

Zidane was asked how his side have changed with respect to Cardiff.

“The players are more or less the same, but our season hasn’t been as good as we’d thought.”

The Frenchman spent five seasons with the Bianconeri during his playing career, before moving to Real Madrid for a world record fee.

“I learned so much in those five years, I’d never left France before and they welcomed me like a family,” Zidane explained.

“I have very good memories, but I’m the Real Madrid Coach now so I’m only thinking about the match.

“I experienced both teams and I think they’re two teams with similar DNA, they want to fight and win.

“Would I be Juve Coach one day? Never say never, but I’m happy where I am now. I’m only thinking of Real, I don’t want to think about the future.”

Real Madrid Coach Zinedine Zidane admits it’s “special” to face Juventus, and expects “a complicated and difficult match”.

The Frenchman played for the Bianconeri before leaving for Madrid, and he’ll be back in Turin tomorrow night for the first leg of the Champions League Quarter-Final.

“It’s a special challenge because Real Madrid and Juventus are two teams that gave me a lot,” Zidane told UEFA.com.

“Once the game starts though I won’t be thinking about that anymore, we’ll just try to do what we have to.

“We know that against Juventus it will be a complicated and difficult match, because they’ve improved again this year.

“People can say what they want, but we can’t take anything for granted, you always have to prove yourself.

“We’ll have to play well if we want to qualify, but knockout games can go either way.

“This team has had extraordinary results, so now we’ll try to keep up that tradition. We have a chance to win it again and defend our title.

“What did I say at half-time in Cardiff? It was a little bit of everything. It wasn't just my talk at half-time that influenced it.  There was the desire of the players to win.

“When we went out in the second half, we were more decisive. We played more in the opposition midfield and things turned out well for us.

“Everything will be different this time though. We can be back-to-back champions but that doesn't mean anything.”

Zizou was also asked about the similarities between Juventus and Real Madrid.

“I came [to Juventus] from France where if you drew or lost away from home it didn’t matter too much.

“That could never happen at Juventus, you have to win every game. The same is true for Real Madrid.

“In terms of their winning mentality, they’re two very similar clubs.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Modric: ‘Madrid respect Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/119340/modric-‘madrid-respect-juventus’

Apr 2, 2018

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric says there’s “mutual respect” with Juventus, and states “we have more chance” with Cristiano Ronaldo in form.

Los Merengues are in Turin for the first leg of the Champions League Quarter-Final, having beaten the Old Lady 4-1 in last season’s final.

“I think it’s a positive thing that the opposition have a positive opinion about us,” Modric replied, when asked about Juve declaring that the Spaniards are favourites.

“It means they have great respect for us. We have respect for Juventus too, they’re a great team with great players. So there’s mutual respect.”

Ronaldo has 18 goals and three assists in his last 10 games for club and country, and Modric feels his side have more chance with the Portuguese in such devastating form.

“He has a lot of confidence in himself, even I don’t know how many goals he’s scored. It’s important to have him on it right now.

“With him in form we have more chance.

“Gareth Bale? This season has been difficult for him because of the injuries he’s been suffering from, but now he’s in good shape, he’s managed to play several matches in succession.

“We know what we can expect from him in terms of performance, we’re all aware of his great qualities.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Chiellini: ‘Juventus not out for revenge’

https://www.football-italia.net/119343/chiellini-‘juventus-not-out-revenge’

Apr 2, 2018

Giorgio Chiellini insists Juventus aren’t out for revenge against Real Madrid, but “that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them”.

The Bianconeri were beaten 4-1 in last season’s Champions League final, and they’ll face Los Merengues again in tomorrow’s Quarter-Final first leg.

“No revenge, we have positive and negative memories against everyone,” Chiellini shrugged, sitting alongside Max Allegri in the pre-match Press conference.

“If you want to get to the Champions League you have to play the big clubs, we also have good memories, Cardiff apart.

“Playing the best is always a great incentive.

“There’s respect and esteem, but that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them. There’s respect for everyone, and when you face a team you really respect it’s even better to beat them.

“The differences from the final? We’re playing two games, not one, and we’ve changed as players.

“We need to put our qualities on show for as long as possible, we need enthusiasm from everyone. We need the fans, because Real can let you believe you’re in control of a match and then hurt you.”

Chiellini was also asked what the Old Lady had learned from past games.

“Cristiano Ronaldo will always score against everyone. Real aren’t just him, but over the years he’s raised them up and he makes the difference.

“It’s presumptuous to think that you can mark him out of a game. It’ll also take luck, it comes down to incidents.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Allegri: ‘Juventus must be focused.

Ronaldo is extraordinary’

https://www.football-italia.net/119344/allegri-‘juventus-must-be-focused’

https://www.football-italia.net/119345/allegri-‘ronaldo-extraordinary’

Apr 2, 2018

Massimiliano Allegri warns Juventus have maintain their focus against Real Madrid - “in Cardiff we just gave up”.

The Bianconeri were beaten 4-1 in last year’s Champions League final, but will have their chance for revenge tomorrow night when Zinedine Zidane’s side visit Turin.

“Tomorrow we’re going to play the first leg of this two-legged clash, this Quarter-Final against a team that since 1996-97 has always been in the Champions League and since 2011 has always been at least to the Semi-Finals,” Allegri pointed out in his pre-match Press conference.

“Eliminating a team like that would be another step forward and something to really hang our hats on, but we’re absolutely aware that we’ll be taking on the best team in the Champions League.

“Our ambition is to play on the same level and be able to beat them.

“They’re absolutely frightening when there’s an open pitch, they can reach the box in two or three passes so we’ll have to be really attentive and we’ll have to use our defence as a foundation to attack.

“Of course we have watched the final again several times, and I would say that the team, especially in Europe but also in Serie A, has improved a lot, especially in managing the difficult moments during the match.

“In Cardiff in the first 15 minutes of the second half mentally we suffered and we just gave up a bit, and they were able to score the third goal right after the second.

“In that moment we left the competition and - particularly because this is a two-legged match - that’s something that cannot happen again.

“So the important thing is to stay very focused and stay in the match without giving anything up.

“We have to be very intelligent in knowing how to manage the match, because as I’ve said before, they have such technique, precision and accuracy - above all they’re very fast, because we basically all have the technical qualities - but they’re very fast and very accurate when they break.

“So we’ll have to react appropriately in defence and of course we need our fans because our fans will have to help us.

“Whatever happens tomorrow it’s an occasion, it’s the first leg so everyone has to be proud of the fact that the team has reached two Champions League finals in the last three years.

“The match in Cardiff was a very important lesson to grow and to improve, we had a good first half and then in the second half we should have managed the ball much better and we had to deal with it in a more calm way.

“That’s something that influenced us, from a psychological view the team has certainly made huge strides since then.

“Real Madrid are very serene whenever they play these kind of matches, we’ve improved in that regard and we have to further improve because Juventus already have all the technical qualities.

“We have a great chance and then of course it also takes a bit of luck.

“I’d like the team to play the way they did in the first half in Cardiff and manage the ball better and of course to be very focused on the entire match.

“At this level if you get distracted for even a second the opponents have such quality that they’ll seize on the opportunity immediately.

“We’ll have to be very focused on the match, something that didn’t happen in Cardiff at 2-1. Basically we weren’t alert and you can’t think about playing against Real without being concentrated.

“We may well concede, but it’s 180 minutes so we’ll also have chances to score goals because they also allow you those kind of chances.

“The important thing is always to be focused, concentrated and committed.”

Miralem Pjanic is suspended for tomorrow’s game, who will replace the Bosnian?

“Either Marchisio or Bentancur, one of the two will play tomorrow. Then I will have to evaluate between Rugani and Barzagli, after that I will evaluate who will play up-front.

“Both Mandzukic and Alex Sandro are in very good shape, I’ll have to see tomorrow whether or not they play.

“I think Mandzukic could be a very good substitution tomorrow if he starts on the bench. He’s important for us for his great physicality and he could be an important option for us, as well as [Juan] Cuadrado who has come back.

“We have basically the whole squad available apart from the two suspended players.”

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri calls Cristiano Ronaldo “extraordinary” and expects “a great game” from Paulo Dybala against Real Madrid.

Tomorrow the Bianconeri face the team which beat them in last year’s Champions League final, and Ronaldo has been in sensational form in recent weeks, with 18 goals and three assists in his last 10 games for club and country.

“We have to be very good as a unit [to stop him],” Allegri explained in his pre-match Press conference.

“I think we need to congratulate Ronaldo because for a player to be 30 or 31 and change his playing style completely is something extraordinary.”

Allegri was then asked if he thinks Gareth Bale or Isco will start tomorrow.

“You’d have to ask Zinedine Zidane, I’m the Juventus Coach. I don’t understand the question…

“I’d say Bale, but maybe Isco, I don’t know.”

Paulo Dybala has hit a rich vein of form after his injury, and his Coach expects a big performance tomorrow.

“He’s in great shape, he’s been working really well and he’s grown a lot mentally,” Allegri said.

“I’m sure you saw that in Saturday’s match, the goal he scored clearly showed he’s in great shape and I’m sure he’ll play a great match tomorrow.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Real Madrid

https://www.football-italia.net/119380/line-ups-juventus-real-madrid

Apr 3, 2018

Juventus change the positions of Douglas Costa and Alex Sandro in the Champions League quarter-final with full-strength Real Madrid.

The first leg kicks off in Turin at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

These sides meet again less than a year after the Final in Cardiff, which was 1-1 at the break until the Merengues emerged 4-1 winners.

They became the first club to retain the title since the format change, as the last to win back-to-back editions of the European Cup was Milan in 1989 and 1990.

That means the Bianconeri were the last team to knock Madrid out of this competition, at the semi-final stage in 2014-15.

It’s a homecoming for Zinedine Zidane, who played for Juve from 1996 to 2001, and he is able to call upon a full-strength squad. In fact, it’s the same line-up that beat Juventus in Cardiff, including Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo, on-form Spain talent Isco and France’s Karim Benzema.

On the other hand, the Old Lady has been revamped and some decisions are forced, because Miralem Pjanic and Medhi Benatia are both suspended.

Mario Mandzukic is not 100 per cent fit, while Federico Bernardeschi is out of action and Juan Cuadrado just made his comeback after three months out on Sunday.

Andrea Barzagli is picked rather than Daniele Rugani in central defence, with Bentancur ahead of Claudio Marchisio in the Pjanic role.

Max Allegri has several players he couldn’t call upon a year ago, including Mattia De Sciglio, Blaise Matuidi and Douglas Costa.

However, Matuidi is benched with a change of system, as Douglas Costa and Alex Sandro are versatile wingers who can protect in a 4-4-2 or attack to make it 4-2-3-1 supporting Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala.

Giorgio Chiellini, Alex Sandro and Bentancur are walking a disciplinary tightrope, as a booking tonight would see them miss the second leg. Sergio Ramos is in the same situation for the visitors.

Real Madrid have conquered Turin soil only once before, in February 1962 and that was also in the quarter-finals of the European Cup. There was also one draw here and six home victories.

The Merengues have reached all of the last seven Champions League semi-finals.

Juventus: Buffon; De Sciglio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Douglas Costa, Khedira, Bentancur, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain

Juventus bench: Szczesny, Cuadrado, Marchisio, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Rugani, Lichtsteiner

Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Modric; Isco, Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid bench: Casilla, Vallejo, Bale, Theo Hernandez, Lucas Vazquez, Asensio, Kovacic

Ref: Cakir (TUR)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Allianz Stadium, Turin

HT 0-1: Real Madrid lead in Turin

DZ4cXovXUAAOBio.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/119387/ht-real-madrid-lead-turin

Apr 3, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s early goal has given Real Madrid the half-time lead in Turin, but Juventus have threatened too and had penalty appeals.

This was the first meeting between the giants since last year’s Final in Cardiff, which the Merengues won 4-1 to become the first side to retain the trophy since Milan in 1989-90. Miralem Pjanic and Medhi Benatia were suspended, with Federico Bernardeschi injured and Mario Mandzukic not 100 per cent fit. Max Allegri transformed with a 4-4-2 formation, turning into 4-2-3-1 in attack, with Douglas Costa and Alex Sandro as wingers. Zinedine Zidane surprisingly opted for the same starting XI that won last year’s Final.

It took Real Madrid just three minutes to break the deadlock with the aid of a series of defensive errors. Isco was left in acres of space to put in a low cross from the left (nutmegging Rodrigo Bentancur) and Cristiano Ronaldo was left unmarked by Andrea Barzagli to tap in off the outside of the boot from seven yards.

That goal meant CR7 was the first in history to score in 10 consecutive Champions League games and Real Madrid had found the net in each of their last 24 European matches.

Juve reacted strongly and Paulo Dybala combined with Sami Khedira to burst into the box, but Sergio Ramos blocked his shot with a desperate sliding challenge.

Raphael Varane’s free header from a corner was over the bar, while Bentancur scuffed a promising chance from 12 yards on Higuain’s assist.

Higuain thought he’d equalised on 23 minutes when meeting a Dybala free kick with the inside of the right boot, but Keylor Navas flew to fingertip it out from under the bar from point-blank range.

Douglas Costa’s poor first touch ruined a fine team move created by Sami Khedira and Dybala, while Bentancur was booked and will be suspended for the second leg.

Mattia De Sciglio’s low cross-shot flashed inches past both the far post and Dybala’s foot sliding in, but Toni Kroos hit a scorcher from distance that smacked against the bar with Gigi Buffon beaten.

Juve should’ve drawn level on 38 minutes from a corner, but Giorgio Chiellini fluffed the free header into the ground and Higuain couldn’t scramble in the rebound.

The hosts had two penalty appeals on the stroke of half-time. On the first, it looked like ball-to-hand on Casemiro after a Chiellini header from close range, on the second Dybala was booked for simulation. Although La Joya did little to stay on his feet, there did seem to be contact with Casemiro’s knee.

Juventus 0-1 Real Madrid (Half-Time)

Cristiano Ronaldo 3 (RM)

Juventus: Buffon; De Sciglio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Asamoah; Douglas Costa, Khedira, Bentancur, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain

Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Modric; Isco; Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema

Ref: Cakir (TUR)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png    0-3 Rm_mediano.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Juventus 0 Real Madrid 3: Ronaldo

magic puts holders in command

Real Madrid put one foot in the Champions League semi-finals

thanks to some Cristiano Ronaldo magic against Juventus.

DZ4q5WsX0AAGmEY.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-v-real-madrid/358atdm7i6pkoo6ovsmwt92lm

Apr 3, 2018

Two goals from Cristiano Ronaldo, the second a moment of pure quality, helped Real Madrid to a commanding 3-0 win over Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

The Portugal star became the first player in the competition's history to score in 10 consecutive appearances, a run that began when Madrid beat Juve 4-1 in last season's final, before setting up Marcelo to add what could be a crucial third for the reigning champions.

Paulo Dybala was sent off for the hosts in the second half to compound a miserable outing as they suffered their first loss in all competitions since November, and a first at home to Madrid in Europe since 1962.

Ronaldo buried a cross from Isco – who was picked ahead of Gareth Bale by head coach Zinedine Zidane – within three minutes, but Juve were probably the better of the teams in an open first half.

Massimiliano Allegri's side continued to press after the break but Ronaldo struck again in the 64th minute, sending an overhead kick past the motionless Gianluigi Buffon to earn a standing ovation from the home fans.

Dybala received a second yellow card just two minutes later and Marcelo finished a slick move to make it an emphatic win for Madrid, who surely have one foot in the semi-finals despite Ronaldo missing a hat-trick chance in stoppage time.

View image on Twitter

9 - Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals against Gianluigi Buffon than any other player (nine). Monster.

Isco wasted little time in justifying Zidane's faith, the Spain star escaping down the left before cutting the ball back for Ronaldo to prod home a clever finish.

View image on Twitter

100% - Isco (35 passes) is the only player with a 100 percent passing accuracy in the first half of Juventus v Real Madrid. Wizard.

Juve responded well to the setback, with Sergio Ramos making a fine tackle to deny Dybala a clear chance before Rodrigo Bentancur scuffed a shot after being teed up by Gonzalo Higuain.

Higuain thought he had levelled against his old club 22 minutes in, but a brilliant reaction save from Keylor Navas denied the striker from close range, before Toni Kroos blasted a shot off the crossbar on a rare Madrid break.

Juve felt they could have had two penalties just before half-time, but referee Cuneyt Cakir decided Casemiro did not deliberately handle a Giorgio Chiellini header and then booked Dybala for diving when he went to ground easily in the box.

The home side continued to press early in the second half, Dybala watching a free-kick deflect agonisingly wide after a foul by Ramos, who picked up a booking that will keep him out of the second leg in Spain.

The match was taken out of Juve's hands in the space of two minutes. Ronaldo acrobatically fired Dani Carvajal's cross into the net from 12 yards out, earning applause from all corners of the Allianz Stadium, and Dybala's high foot on Carvajal saw him dismissed soon afterwards.

With the home crowd stunned, Marcelo combined first with Isco and then Ronaldo before clipping the ball over Buffon and blasting home on the line with 18 minutes remaining.

Mateo Kovacic hit the bar from the edge of the box and Ronaldo missed a golden chance to get his third, volleying over unmarked from barely six yards out, but the damage had been well and truly done.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Buffon: 'Real objectively stronger'

225919954-1fff2ba9-f418-4c1f-b862-c8b313

https://www.football-italia.net/119390/buffon-real-objectively-stronger

Apr 3, 2018

Gigi Buffon said Juventus feel “great regret and disappointment, but must recognise Real Madrid are objectively stronger.”

The Bianconeri had been unbeaten at home in Europe since Bayern Munich in April 2013, but were flattened 3-0 by a Cristiano Ronaldo brace and Marcelo strike.

“We saw what Ronaldo is and always has been, a player of an extraordinary level that along with Leo Messi is achieving the biggest heights,” Buffon told Mediaset Premium.

“This means their value is to be compared to Maradona and Pele for the way they ultimately are able to decide the matches and trophies won by their teams.

“Mistakes can happen, you are playing against incredible champions and they force you into being less precise than usual. That’s because you are facing the best and if we are talking about people who score 500 goals, there’s a reason for that.

“I feel great regret and disappointment, because we probably won’t be able to go forward in the tournament and that is a regret, a big regret, but it’s also true that when you meet certain opponents, you must have a clear enough head to recognise they are objectively stronger.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Allegri laments 3-0 defeat

212215373-5c9f1383-6044-4ca8-9768-36c9c6

https://www.football-italia.net/119391/allegri-laments-3-0-defeat

Apr 3, 2018

Max Allegri was above all disappointed by Real Madrid’s third goal, insisting “at 2-0 we could’ve had a chance” of turning it around.

The Bianconeri conceded early through Cristiano Ronaldo on a double defensive error, but fell apart in the second half – just like in last year’s Champions League Final in Cardiff – with CR7’s overhead kick and Marcelo.

Paulo Dybala was sent off for a second bookable offence and it’s Juve’s first European home defeat since Bayern Munich in April 2013.

“When you play against these sides, you need a little bit of luck too and above all to find Ronaldo on a bad night. We were a little passive and static on the first goal, then played well for an hour,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

“Although we lost 3-0, the team did play very well for an hour against a side that is devastating with the final ball. It’s no coincidence they’ve won three of the last four Champions League trophies.

“We had the chance to equalise, didn’t take it and the ball went inches wide. I am disappointed with the third goal, because we should’ve tried to hold it at 2-0 and then try to achieve something remarkable in Madrid.

“Now we have to focus on the rest of the season, as we have a Scudetto and a Coppa Italia to play for, then we’ll see in the second leg.”

Juventus lost 4-1 to Real Madrid in the Final last year, so have they learned nothing over 11 months?

“I thought our approach had improved, but once we went down to 10 men and Ronaldo had scored an incredible goal, it became impossible,” continued Allegri.

“Up until their second goal, we had defended very well and allowed Real very little. There was this misunderstanding and we were made to pay. All three goals could’ve been avoided, really, but in these games if you don’t have a little bit of luck and the opposition do, it becomes difficult.

“Playing against Real Madrid and thinking of keeping two clean sheets is just about impossible, so you have to try to score goals. The team did well, Dybala had that chance, but Ronaldo scored with a half-chance. He has found the net in his last 10 Champions League games, so it’s not a surprise.

“The 3-0 result is disappointing, above all as Sergio Ramos will be suspended for the second leg, so with 2-0 we could’ve had some hope.

“We’ve got the Scudetto and Coppa Italia to play for, so we’ll think about that from tomorrow.

“I have nothing to reproach my players, as we were up against the best centre-forward in the world and paid for a few mistakes.

“We have to lift our heads, think about the Serie A race and then go to Madrid to play our game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Zidane: 'Ronaldo is different'

222734460-d53c20a1-350a-4cfe-a525-26cd95

https://www.football-italia.net/119392/zidane-ronaldo-different

Apr 3, 2018

Zinedine Zidane maintains Juventus “put us under pressure, but Real Madrid were more clinical and Cristiano Ronaldo is different.”

This was if anything an even stronger showing than last year’s 4-1 Champions League Final victory, as the Merengues conquered the Allianz Juventus Stadium 3-0.

“It’s not easy to put three goals past Juve on their own field. We put in a great performance, but Juve also did very well, put us under pressure and had the chances to score goals, but we were more clinical,” Zidane told Mediaset Premium.

“Of course Juventus aren’t happy with the result tonight, but I will always have Juve in my heart.” 

CR7 was decisive with a brace, including an overhead kick, and became the first man to score in 10 consecutive Champions League matches.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is different. He’s a different player to everyone else and he always has this desire to do something extraordinary in the Champions League, he never rests on his laurels.

“His overhead kick was remarkable, yet he missed two much easier chances. That’s football!”

Zidane was asked which goal was better, Ronaldo’s overhead kick tonight or Zizou’s stunner in the 2002 Champions League Final against Bayer Leverkusen?

“Oh mine! Definitely mine.” sefz 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Ronaldo thanks Juve fans

225907888-05c60706-8f80-4279-8b50-7f2991

https://www.football-italia.net/119403/ronaldo-thanks-juve-fans

Apr 4, 2018

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has thanked Juventus fans for applauding him after his overhead kick on Tuesday. “It never happened to me before.”

Ronaldo was given a standing ovation by Juve fans after his wonder strike, which helped Madrid win 3-0 in Turin and take control of their Champions League quarter-final with the Bianconeri.

“It was great goal, fantastic,” the No 7 told UEFA after the game.

“I didn’t expect to score that goal, but it’s better to talk about the game. It was fantastic for us, we scored three goals against a great team. We played well and I’m happy.

“Applause from Juventus Stadium? It was an incredible moment and I have to thank all the fans of Juventus.

“What they did was fantastic and it never happened to me before. I’m very happy.

“CL? This is our competition. I love playing in the Champions League. It’s a good result but we have to be careful in the second leg.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - REAL MADRID

Cristiano Ronaldo 3'

Cristiano Ronaldo 64'

Marcelo 72'

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Del Piero questions Allegri tactics

Del_Piero-630x415.jpg?v=20151130163910

https://www.football-italia.net/119406/del-piero-questions-allegri-tactics

Apr 4, 2018

Alessandro Del Piero has questioned Max Allegri’s approach to Juventus’ 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid. “He could’ve changed something, having seen the Final…”

Del Piero’s former club were comprehensively beaten 3-0 at home in their Champions League quarter-final first leg against Madrid, and the legendary forward reflected on the result, as well as touching on Gianluigi Buffon and his own future in football.

“Real Madrid have the best midfield in the world,” the iconic ex-forward told Sky Sport Italia.

“They’re a chameleonic team, who know when to attack and when to defend.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best in the world, he’s playing very well as a pure striker, but he’s actually a No 10 because he’s managing to excite everyone with how he’s playing.

“Dybala and Higuain? They’ll be criticised, but Navas made an unbelievable save on Higuain, while Paulo [Dybala] tried to do something.

“He and Douglas Costa were the only ones who could give anything extra. The first goal gave a lot to Real Madrid and took a lot away from Juventus.

“Allegri? He’s been praised many times for his decisions, but he could’ve changed something, having seen last year’s Final.

“Still, it must be said that Real Madrid are doing very well in this competition and they have an even-bigger stimulus of winning the Champions League three times in a row and making history.

“Putting all this behind them is difficult and the result is hard to take, but Juve have clear ideas and will get back on track.

“Buffon? I don’t know when he’ll stop playing, but certainly a champion must stop when he has no more passion for what he does, when he can’t improve any more and when they stop playing.

“My future? I haven’t decided yet, although coaching has become more and more stimulating for me, also because many of my generation are Coaches.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

benevento-128x128.png..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png         

31st Matchday

Saturday, april 7th 2018 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 1.00 p.m. GMT
Ciro Vigorito Stadium, Benevento
Referee: Fabrizio Pasqua

Juve dealt Barzagli blow

https://www.football-italia.net/119425/juve-dealt-barzagli-blow

Apr 4, 2018

Andrea Barzagli could miss Juventus’ trip to Benevento on Saturday after the defender picked up an abdominal injury.

“Andrea Barzagli has undergone an MRI scan that has revealed an injury to the oblique muscles of the abdomen,” read a medical report on Juve’s official website.

“The player has already started rehabilitation and will be re-evaluated in the coming days.

“Tomorrow morning the team will train again and continue their preparation for Benevento.”

Its wording suggests the 36-year-old may not be passed fit in time for the weekend, although he completed the Bianconeri’s 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

31st Matchday

Referee: Fabrizio Pasqua

Bernardeschi back for Benevento

https://www.football-italia.net/119460/bernardeschi-back-benevento

Apr 4, 2018

Juventus will reportedly have Federico Bernardeschi back for the Benevento game on Saturday.

The winger has been absent since the Derby della Mole win over Torino back in February, having suffered a knee injury.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Bernardeschi should be back in the squad for the match, though it’s unlikely he’ll start against the Streghe.

Andrea Barzagli will miss out, however, after suffering an abdominal injury in the 3-0 Champions League defeat to Real Madrid.

Juve can temporarily go seven points clear at the top of Serie A with a win, as Napoli don’t play Chievo until Sunday afternoon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

31st Matchday

Juve: Two out for Benevento

DaGXYS8U8AECvXE.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/119526/juve-two-out-benevento

Apr 6, 2018

Andrea Barzagli joins Federico Bernardeschi out of Juventus’ squad for their trip to Benevento in Serie A on Saturday.

Bernardeschi was tipped to be included in Juve’s travelling party, but no chances are taken over the winger’s knee injury, while Barzagli has an abdominal problem.

However, Mario Mandzukic is free to start up top and pair Medhi Benatia and Miralem Pjanic are back after serving one-match bans.

Juve squad for Benevento: Del Favero, Pinsoglio, Szczesny, Buffon; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Howedes, Rugani, Lichtsteiner; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Matuidi, Asamoah, Sturaro, Bentancur; Cuadrado, Higuain, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Mandzukic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

31st Matchday

Allegri: No revamp needed. Dybala criticism wrong

https://www.football-italia.net/119527/allegri-no-revamp-needed

https://www.football-italia.net/119528/allegri-dybala-criticism-wrong

Apr 6, 2018

Max Allegri insists a Juventus revamp is not necessary this summer but notes ‘we need another extraordinary transfer window.’

Juve were thrashed 3-0 at home by Real Madrid in the Champions League quarter-finals on Tuesday, prompting calls for a Bianconeri overhaul, but Allegri made it clear only a few changes were in the pipeline.

“We absolutely have to win tomorrow against a team that are doing well at home,” the Coach said at a Press conference for Saturday’s Serie A match against Benevento.

“We’re kicking off at three [CET] in the afternoon and It’ll be the first hot game of the season. There are only eight League matches left, so we have to win.

“We have to maintain our advantage over Napoli, otherwise we’ll boost their chances of winning [the title].

“Champions League? These are things that happen when you face a great team. We did well for 60 minutes, our objectives haven’t changed.

“We must rid ourselves of the defeat. I’m not worried. We scored three goals against Barcelona last season.

“Football is like this, especially when you play in the Champions League. We suffered more against Barcelona, they didn’t score and we did. We did better than in Cardiff.

“The team have played at a high level against great teams in Europe. Squad? Everyone’s fine, barring Barzagli and Bernardeschi.

“It’s possible that Mandzukic and Cuadrado will play from the first minute. We have more games coming up, so we need everyone.

“My future? In a new cycle, my position would always be only that of Coach, of course. After Berlin, we changed nine starters and we now have 10 players born between 1990 and 1997.

“We’ve always counted on young players. Juventus don’t need to revamp themselves next season. We need another extraordinary transfer window.

“We’ve always changed ourselves, mixing young players with experienced ones. Now we have to think about the League, Coppa Italia and the Champions League, the latter of which needs a big performance from us because we’re only injured and not dead yet.

“The future is something I’m not thinking about because I’m thinking about the present.”

Max Allegri has leapt to the defence of Paulo Dybala, who had ‘one of his best games’ for Juventus against Real Madrid.

Dybala’s performance during the 3-0 home reverse was roundly criticised, with some even questioning his superstar potential

“After Cardiff I thought about whether I still felt motivated, and then I decided to stay,” continued the Coach at a Press conference for Benevento on Saturday.

“Right now I’m not thinking about the future because the future consists of the Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia.

“Winning is always an extraordinary thing. Our revamp already happened after Berlin [in 2015]. I don’t say it, but the facts do.

“Benevento? They’re among the teams that have had the most attempts on goal, so we need to get back to being solid defensively.

“it all depends on our desire when we don’t have the ball. We need to pair anger with technical ability tomorrow.

“What we took from Tuesday evening must go into the game against Benevento, otherwise we’ll make life difficult for ourselves.

“Defence? Szczesny will play, Chiellini won’t. Howedes is unlikely to start but can be used. Dybala? Contrary to what’s been said, Dybala had a good game against Real.

“Unfortunately, the red card affected his performance, but he had one of his best games in my opinion. I think he’s growing, especially at European level.

“If Bentancur, a lad born in 1997, with excellent qualities with a great future ahead of him, didn’t have these characteristics, he wouldn’t have played against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

“Higuain? I still have to decide my team, but it’s likely he’ll be out.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

benevento-128x128.png       2-4 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png         

Paulo Dybala 16'

Cheick Diabaté 24'

Paulo Dybala 45'+3' Penalty

Cheick Diabaté 51'

Paulo Dybala 74' Penalty

Douglas Costa 82'

31st Matchday

Benevento 2 Juventus 4: Dybala

hat-trick piles pressure on Napoli

After a miserable game against Real Madrid, Paulo Dybala showed his

class to help Juve open up a healthy lead at the top of Serie A table.

DaME-rxXkAAKB-g.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/benevento-v-juventus/c4dpmfazmeikynk5ttda67hii

Apr 7, 2018

A Paulo Dybala-inspired Juventus bounced back from their midweek Champions League disappointment to grind out a 4-2 win over rock-bottom Benevento and open up a seven-point lead at the Serie A summit.

The Bianconeri suffered a humbling 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday, but edged past the league's bottom side to crank up the pressure on second-placed Napoli ahead of their clash with Chievo on Sunday.

Dybala, in particular, had a night to forget against Madrid after picking up a second-half red card that rules him out of next week's second leg.

The Argentinian – one of only two players to retain their place from that game – responded to that setback in style, though, as his third hat-trick of the season secured all three points for Massimiliano Allegri's side.

He scored twice – the second a penalty – either side of Cheick Diabate's leveller to give Juve a deserved half-time lead.

Diabate grabbed a second equaliser after 51 minutes, but Dybala spared any potential blushes by grabbing a second from the spot with 16 minutes to go before Douglas Costa added gloss to the scoreline with a stunning late goal. 

The visitors scarcely had to get out of second gear to take a deserved lead after 16 minutes.

Juan Cuadrado cushioned a long ball into the path of Dybala on the edge of the penalty area and the Argentinian took one touch before whipping a sumptuous effort into Christian Puggioni's top right-hand corner.

Sandro then saw an angled drive well smothered by Wojciech Szczesny at the near post moments before Diabate netted an unlikely leveller.

Szczesny got down well to repel Filip Djuricic's low drive, but the loose ball was picked up by Guilherme and his low cross was diverted into the net by the Malian from close range.

Cuadrado should have restored Juve's advantage soon after, instead clipping wide with only the goalkeeper to beat, while Mario Mandzukic had a goal ruled out after appearing to use his hand in the build-up.

Dybala ensured the visitors did go into the interval ahead, though, with a clinical spot-kick, given after a VAR referral by referee Fabrizio Pasqua for Berat Djimsiti's clumsy foul on Miralem Pjanic.  

View image on Twitter

45+3' - GOALLLLL!!!! @PauDybala_JR FROM THE SPOT!!! 1-2!!!!

50 Goals in @SerieA_TIM for La Joya! #BeneventoJuve

Any thoughts that Juve were going to canter to victory in the second half were extinguished six minutes after the restart as Diabate rose highest to meet Nicolas Viola's corner with a thumping header into the far corner.

But home hopes of picking up a famous point were vanquished with 16 minutes remaining when Viola brought down substitute Gonzalo Higuain in the area, Dybala stroking in the resulting spot-kick to complete his treble. 

Costa then took full advantage of Benevento's visible disappointment to whip in a wonderful fourth in the 82nd minute from 20 yards to wrap up all three points and banish their Champions League defeat to memory.

Key Opta stats: 

- This is now Paulo Dybala's most prolific season in Serie A (21 goals scored) and in all club competitions (25).
- Juventus have now scored 14 goals from outside the box – at least three more than any other side in Serie A this term.
- The Bianconeri conceded two goals, as many as they had shipped over their previous 17 Serie A fixtures.
- Cheick Diabate has scored five goals in his three appearances at home for Benevento.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

Paulo Dybala 16'

Cheick Diabaté 24'

Paulo Dybala 45'+3' Penalty

Cheick Diabaté 51'

Paulo Dybala 74' Penalty

Douglas Costa 82'

31st Matchday

Dybala: 'Benevento made it tough'

Juventus, Dybala: «Tripletta dedicata a mia madre. La Champions? Ci crediamo ancora»

https://www.football-italia.net/119574/dybala-benevento-made-it-tough

Apr 7, 2018

Paulo Dybala admits Benevento provided “a tough game” for Juventus, as his hat-trick secured a 4-2 victory at the bottom club.

“Every game is important and worth three points and we know that Napoli will battle to the end, so we cannot afford to lose a single point,” La Joya told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was a tough game, they put a lot of balls into the box for their tall players and that proved a problem. It’s difficult against these sides who have nothing to lose.

“We had similar problems against SPAL, so we couldn’t come out for the second half thinking the win was done and dusted. We have to maintain our concentration.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2dky5ig.jpg

swcy9l.png

BENEVENTO - JUVENTUS

Paulo Dybala 16'

Cheick Diabaté 24'

Paulo Dybala 45'+3' Penalty

Cheick Diabaté 51'

Paulo Dybala 74' Penalty

Douglas Costa 82'

31st Matchday

Allegri: 'Juve ran a genuine risk'

Juventus, Allegri: «Necessario ricaricare le batterie per un grande finale di stagione»

https://www.football-italia.net/119575/allegri-juve-ran-genuine-risk

Apr 7, 2018

Max Allegri concedes Juventus were “genuinely at risk” in a 4-2 victory at Benevento and defends the club’s Champions League ambitions.

It took a Paulo Dybala hat-trick, including two penalties, and a Douglas Costa scorcher to eventually beat bottom of the table Benevento 4-2.

“We stopped a little after Dybala’s goal. The equaliser came and we got the sensation that we were genuinely at risk. That had started against Milan last week, where we conceded many shots for the first time in months,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was a sign we needed to defend better and remain more concentrated. I had to compliment the lads, as it was important to get the victory after the defeat to Real Madrid and we managed to set that loss aside.

“A season has different moments, the key is to recognise them and try to adjust quickly. I saw issues against Milan and Real Madrid, they were clear again here today. We have to work harder, close down the opponents faster and allow fewer shots on goal. The good news is that we won the match.

“Mario Mandzukic is a crucial player for us with his physical characteristics and temperament. He didn’t do brilliantly today as a centre-forward, but is struggling a little physically.”

There was a lot of squad rotation at the Stadio Vigorito to prepare for next week’s Champions League quarter-final trip to Real Madrid, although hopes are minimal after losing 3-0 at home.

“We’ve got to take every last drop of energy we’ve got left to go for the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and of course the second leg in Madrid. It’s not easy to keep winning at that pace.

“I read criticism of Dybala and others after the Madrid game, but it was a very balanced match up to the hour mark. Much more balanced than it was in Cardiff, in the semi-finals and against Barcelona.

“Cristiano Ronaldo won five Ballon d’Ors, he scored in every Champions League game this season. We must put in a great performance in Madrid with the world watching and then see what happens.

“Our European ambitions must be strong, as they always are. When I first arrived, there was this terror we wouldn’t be able to get out of the group stage. We’ve since reached two Finals in three years.

“If people think Juventus have to win the title and Champions League every year, then that’s unrealistic. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Manchester City can’t manage it, so why should we be expected to?

“That doesn’t mean there’s a lack of ambition. The Champions League can be transformed by one incident in five minutes, or even by the luck of the draw, but with a league title you have 38 rounds to earn your silverware.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

REAL MADRID - JUVENTUS

Rm_mediano.png                               105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Champions League Quarter Final - Second leg

Wednesday, april 11th 2018 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Madrid
Referee: Michael Oliver(England)

Juve consider 4-2-4 at Madrid?

https://www.football-italia.net/119658/juve-consider-4-2-4-madrid

Apr 9, 2018

Juventus are reportedly considering a 4-2-4 formation for Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final second leg against Real Madrid.

According to Tuttosport, the 4-2-4 is one of two formations Juve could adopt when they try to overturn their 3-0 deficit at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The newspaper explains the first is a 4-3-3, with a midfield of Blaise Matuidi, Miralem Pjanic and Sami Khedira in midfield supporting Gonzalo Higuain and two of Douglas Costa, Juan Cuadrado and Mario Mandzukic up top.

The alternative would be Matuidi dropping out of midfield and all four attackers lining up, Mandzukic presumably partnering Higuain through the middle.

Paulo Dybala, of course, will miss the game after being sent off in the home reverse last week.

Antonio Conte began his Juve reign with a 4-2-4, but the top-heavy formation has since gained notoriety after Italy used it during their 3-0 defeat to Spain, which marked the beginning of the end for their hopes of qualifying for the World Cup.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Capello: Technique over tactics

https://www.football-italia.net/119666/capello-technique-over-tactics

Apr 9, 2018

Fabio Capello believes Italy must ease their emphasis on ‘tactics’ and teach their youngsters more about ‘technique’.

Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 60 years, and Capello argued the problem went beyond results, citing Spain as an example for the Azzurri to follow.

“I hear talk about football schools,“ he told Radio Anch’io Sport.

“At the age of 12, kids are always and only given the ball in Spain, while in Italy, it’s all about tactics.

“It’s much easier to teach tactics than technique: you can correct the tactics, but you can’t correct technique.”

On the back of announcing his retirement from management, Capello reflected on his spell with Jiangsu Suning, leading Roma to the Scudetto in 2001 and the fortunes of the Giallorossi and Juventus in the Champions League, plus the Scudetto race. 

“My experience in China was very interesting. It’s a different type of football, but I found it difficult to communicate” added the 71-year-old.

“I constantly had a translator because [the squad] knew little about languages. I could hardly transmit something personally.

“Champions League? It’ll be very difficult for the Italians. Real Madrid and Barcelona both have the advantage.

“Ronaldo’s amazing, he’s a true striker like Van Basten and Trezeguet. Messi, on the other hand, creates everything: the Italians don’t have much of a chance, and I’m sorry about that.

“Roma? I remember putting in a huge effort. At Roma, you get depressed and then excited very easily.

“Rome is beautiful and extraordinary, but it has this certain characteristic. After the Scudetto in 2001, the party went on for six more months, even if I wanted to bring everyone back down to earth.

“Scudetto? Juventus have Allegri, who reads matches well. Napoli have lost the sparkling game that Sarri got them playing earlier in the season.

“Ultimately it’ll come down to details, so the Bianconeri are favourites.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

REAL MADRID - JUVENTUS

Del Piero: ‘Italy influential in Zidane success’

https://www.football-italia.net/119670/italy-influential-zidane-success

Apr 9, 2018

Juventus icon Alessandro Del Piero believes Italian football is owed a degree of credit to Zinedine Zidane’s huge success as Real Madrid Coach.

Zidane has guided Madrid to consecutive Champions League victories and a Spanish title since replacing Rafa Benitez in January 2016, but the Frenchman notably played under World Cup winner Marcello Lippi and Champions League legend Carlo Ancelotti at Juve.

“As Italians, we are maniacs with some things,” Del Piero told Goal.com.

“When you see his team, you can clearly feel that and see that something is going on.”

“He has had the two Coaches that changed a lot. Ancelotti and Lippi for him were very important for many reasons. I believe he thinks about Italy a lot when he’s coaching.

“He’s showing things he learned during his career as well, not only what he’s studying.

“The experience in Italy is very unique as a coach. Because you are under pressure a lot from every part of the job, fans, media, clubs and players sometimes. For us football is the first thing. It’s primary. You need to be 100 percent.

“Everybody is still in love with Zidane the player. But he got a lot of experience first under Ancelotti and then with the second team at Real Madrid. He studied a lot.

“I spoke with him and he was explaining how much he was studying and going around all the teams in France and Spain to look at what the other coaches were doing and how things were going on.

“He’s a very smart guy and he knows how to do it and it shows in the work. I’m surprised a bit because he won the Champions League straightaway when he got the job.

“He found straightaway the way to make a successful team and put everybody on the same page. It’s not easy at that kind of club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

REAL MADRID - JUVENTUS

Chiellini: ‘You never know…’

https://www.football-italia.net/119673/chiellini-‘you-never-know…’

Apr 9, 2018

Giorgio Chiellini says Juventus go to Real Madrid with a “healthy madness” because “in football you never know…”

The Bianconeri are all-but out of the Champions League, having been thrashed 3-0 in the first leg of their Quarter-Final tie in Turin.

That means they must score at least three in Spain on Wednesday night to have any chance of going through.

“For long spells of the first leg we really deserved the equaliser, but instead we lost another two goals and had a man [Paulo Dybala] sent off,” Chiellini lamented, speaking to Juventus TV.

“We’re not crying about it though, and we go to Madrid with the desire to play a good game. In football and in life you never know…“Then it would also be important to give a good signal in view of next year. The game is long and we’ll need balance, but it will also take a pinch of healthy madness from everyone.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

REAL MADRID - JUVENTUS

Sergio Ramos: ‘Finish off Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/119679/ramos-‘finish-juventus’

Apr 9, 2018

Sergio Ramos calls on his Real Madrid teammates to “finish off the tie” against Juventus on Wednesday.

The Spanish champions lead 3-0 from the first leg in Turin, so only an extraordinary collapse will prevent them from reaching the semi-finals of the competition they’ve won for the last two years in a row.

“I can’t play against Juventus [due to suspension], but any footballer loves the atmosphere in those games,” Ramos told the Merengues’ official website.

“They are unique encounters and emotions, games in which the fans really lift us. It’s now time to finish off the tie at the Bernabéu against Juventus.

“In the Champions League every match is difficult and we have 90 minutes left against Juventus in which we’ll give our all.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...