Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Benedikt Höwedes

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus eye up Howedes?

http://www.football-italia.net/108671/juventus-eye-howedes

Aug 23, 2017

Germany international Benedikt Howedes of Schalke 04 is an option to reinforce the Juventus defence, claims Bild.

The Bianconeri are still seeking a genuine replacement for Leonardo Bonucci and have been heavily linked with Valencia’s Ezequiel Garay.

According to German newspaper Bild, Juve are also interested in Howedes, but face competition from Liverpool.

The offer on the table for the 29-year-old would be a three-season contract worth €4m per year.

He has 44 senior caps for Germany, scoring two goals.

More importantly, Howedes is a central defender, but can also play at right-back or left-back.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve have Howedes deal

http://www.football-italia.net/108715/report-juve-have-howedes-deal

Aug 24, 2017

Multiple Italian sources claim Juventus are down to details for Schalke 04 defender Benedikt Howedes.

Inter and Liverpool had also shown an interest in the centre-back, but the Corriere dello Sport and Gazzetta dello Sport among others all have the same story this evening – a deal is practically done with Juve.

His versatility was what convinced Coach Max Allegri, as the 29-year-old can also play at right-back or left-back.

German newspaper Bild had broken the rumour of Bianconeri interest on Wednesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus have Höwedes in hand

http://www.football-italia.net/108744/juventus-have-howedes-hand

Aug 25, 2017

Juventus could seal Benedikt Howedes from Schalke 04 today, claim Sky Sport Italia, on loan with option to buy for a total €10m.

Yesterday evening, Bianconeri director Beppe Marotta already confirmed Howedes was “an option, in fact more than a hypothesis” with negotiations in progress.

According to Sky Sport Italia pundit Gianluca Di Marzio, the two clubs have basically agreed terms already and the player also gave the all-clear.

It is Juve at this point who are stalling and will make a final decision on Friday.

The move would be on loan for €2-3m and an option to buy for another €7-8m at the end of the season.

Howedes fits the bill for Max Allegri, as he is a centre-back who can also play on the right or left of defence.

Inter and Liverpool have also shown interest in the German international.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Schalke: Höwedes wants Juve

http://www.football-italia.net/108769/schalke-howedes-wants-juve

Aug 25, 2017

Schalke’s sporting director has confirmed that defender Benedikt Howedes wants to join Juventus.

Howedes’ agent revealed earlier on Friday that the ball was in Schalke’s court regarding a transfer, and Christian Heidel has seemingly given the move his blessing.

“Howedes told me he wanted to leave for Juventus,” he said at a Press conference.

“Now we’ll take care of this and we’ll surely have a quick decision.”

The German is expected to arrive on a season-long loan with an option to buy next summer for a combined €10m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Liverpool double Juve's Höwedes bid?

http://www.football-italia.net/108808/liverpool-double-juves-howedes-bid

Aug 26, 2017

Benedikt Howedes wants to join Juventus, confirmed Schalke 04, but the Bundesliga club expect double the current offer and look to Liverpool.

“Howedes told me he wanted to leave for Juventus,” sporting director Christian Heidel said yesterday.

The Bianconeri are offering to take the defender on loan with obligation to buy for a total €10m.

However, according to Sky Sport Italia and La Gazzetta dello Sport, Schalke expect double that, as they hope Liverpool will step up the bidding war with €20m on the table.

Tuttosport claim that Juventus directors will contact Schalke today to discuss the situation further, but the Turin giants have no intention of putting more than €10m into the operation.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus don’t have Höwedes deal

http://www.football-italia.net/108794/juventus-don’t-have-howedes-deal

Aug 26, 2017

Juventus have an agreement with Benedikt Howedes but not with Schalke, according to reports.

The centre-back wants to join the Bianconeri, and his agent said earlier todaythat they have “the beginnings of an agreement” over a contract.

However, Sky Italia is reporting tonight that there is still no definitive deal with his club, as there’s disagreement over the structure of the deal.

Juve want to take the German international on loan with a €10m option to buy, while Schalke are looking for an outright sale if they’re to lose Howedes.

Liverpool are also thought to be interested, but Sky believes he’s not a priority for the Anfield club.

The saga could therefore continue for the next few days, as there is still no agreement with Schalke.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Di Matteo: 'Höwedes right for Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/108859/di-matteo-howedes-right-juve

Aug 27, 2017

Roberto Di Matteo advised Juventus to sign Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes and analysed their Champions League ambitions.

Bianconeri director Beppe Marotta confirmed yesterday that Juve were only prepared to take the Germany international on loan with option to buy, reportedly for a total of €10m, whereas Schalke want double that.

“Howedes is an extraordinary lad and a centre-back worthy of a top team,” former Schalke tactician Di Matteo told Tuttojuve.com.

“In emergencies he has also played as a left-back, but prefers the centre. He has a strong physique and I consider his characteristics very well suited to Italian football.

“He’s not Usain Bolt, but I wouldn’t call him slow either. He’s good at reading situations and anticipating his opponent. He had plenty of chances to leave Schalke before, but kept the faith with his hometown club.

“The lad is a guarantee, you can trust him and he’s been the Schalke captain for years. He won the World Cup with Germany and was fantastic with me.”

Juventus have won the last six consecutive Serie A titles, but lost two Champions League Finals in the last three years.

“Juve are the team to beat in Serie A, but it will be a more interesting campaign compared to previous seasons. The Milan clubs have strengthened a lot, Roma are a good side, Lazio did very well last season and haven’t changed much.

“I am crazy about the way Napoli play football. It’ll be a battle to the end and this balance can only be a good thing.

“I can understand that Juve haven’t won the Champions League for a while, but you’re really looking for the negative here. You need to instead realise that Juventus have played two Finals in three years and they deserve credit for that achievement.

“The Final is a one-off game in which anything can happen. There are so many clubs who don’t get there, so let’s applaud Juventus for managing to get that far.

“I thought they had a better chance against Real Madrid than Barcelona two years ago, but they were only on the same level for the first half. Juventus will win the Champions League, I am certain of it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Schalke confirm opening Juventus bid for Benedikt Höwedes

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3190761/schalke-confirm-opening-juventus-bid-for-benedikt-howedes

Aug 27, 2017

Schalke have indicated that they have rejected Juventus' opening bid for defender Benedikt Howedes.

Howedes, 29, has been on the books at Schalke for 16 years but his agent told Bild on Friday that the defender has "an agreement in principle" over a move to Juve.

The Germany international appears surplus to requirements at the Veltins Arena under new head coach Domenico Tedesco, who stripped him off the captain's armband earlier this month, but kicker reported that Schalke turned down their opening bid.

Schalke sporting executive Christian Heidel told reporters on Sunday: "Yes, there was an offer from Juventus, but I won't go into details.

"I don't know if there'll be another offer and I won't ask Juve if they'll call us again."

Kicker reported that Schalke now expect Juve to make a bid of at least €18 million for the 2014 World Cup winner.

On Friday, Tedesco made it clear Howedes was not part of his plans, using the German phrase "travellers should not be stopped" when asked about the centre-back.

Heidel also confirmed that Schalke will not sign Chelsea full-back Baba Rahman at this stage.

The Ghana international spent last season on loan at Schalke but sustained a severe knee injury while at the African Nations Cup earlier this year.

"We won't sign him. It's connected to his health situation," Heidel said in kicker, which reported that Rahman might require another operation before returning to the pitch.

"That's why we've agreed to wait," Heidel said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve close in on Höwedes

http://www.football-italia.net/108938/report-juve-close-howedes

Aug 28, 2017

Juventus are reportedly on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign Schalke defender Benedikt Howedes.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, there is an understanding for Juve to bring in Howedes on a season-long loan with an option to buy.

However, the transfer guru expects an agreement to be formally struck on Tuesday, although it could yet come “in the next, few hours”.

The German informed Schalke of his desire to join the Bianconeri last week, before his club confirmed they were open to a sale.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes to Juventus done

http://www.football-italia.net/108962/report-howedes-juventus-done

Aug 28, 2017

Reports suggest Juventus have a deal for Schalke 04 defender Benedikt Howedes, a €3.5m loan with option to buy for €11.5m.

The German international has been moving closer to a move to Turin over the past few days, but negotiations with his club proved tough.

However, tonight Sky Italia is reporting that a deal has been agreed for a season-long loan worth €3.5m, with an option to buy set at €11.5m.

The deal is expected to be concluded tomorrow, with Howedes taking his medicals on Wednesday.

That should allow Kwadwo Asamoah to complete his €10m move to Galatasaray, as the Bianconeri were ensuring they had a replacement before sanctioning that move.

Howedes is known as a centre-back, but can also play at left-back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes flies in for Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/108988/howedes-flies-juventus

Aug 29, 2017

Benedikt Howedes is expected in Turin this evening, ahead of his medical with Juventus tomorrow.

The Bianconeri have agreed a deal with Schalke 04 for the German international, expected to be a €3.5m loan with an €11.5m option to buy next summer.

According to Sky Italia, Howedes will fly into Turin’s Caselle airport tonight, before undergoing the necessary tests at J-Medical tomorrow.

The 29-year-old has been capped 44 times by his country, and was part of the side which won the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes arrives for Juve medical

howedes-juve-tw.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/109038/howedes-arrives-juve-medical

Aug 30, 2017

Benedikt Howedes has officially checked in for his Juventus medical ahead of a €12m transfer from Schalke.

Sky Sport Italia and Deutschlan reported on Tuesday that Juve had agreed a deal to sign Howedes on loan with an option to buy, and the defender was pictured at the club’s J Medical facility the following morning.

The 29-year-old can play anywhere at the back, making it likely that Kwadwo Asamoah will go on to join Galatasaray.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Höwedes signs for Juventus

DIfeQw2XkAICqfq.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/109069/official-howedes-signs-juventus

Aug 30, 2017

Benedikt Howedes has officially joined Juventus on loan with option to buy from Schalke 04, which could become an obligation, for a total €16.5m plus bonuses.

The 29-year-old defender flew in to Turin overnight and underwent his medical this morning.

“Juventus announces the agreement with FC Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 for the temporary acquisition, until 30 June 2018, of the registration rights of the player Benedikt Howedes has been finalized for a consideration of €3.5m, to be paid within 15 September 2017.

“Juventus has the right to definitively acquire the player starting from 1 July 2018, or will be obliged to do so if the player completes 25 or more appearances during 2017/18 football season, for a consideration of €13m, to be paid in two financial years.

“The permanent transfer fee may increase for a maximum €3m on achieving challenging team performances within 30 June 2020.”

Howedes spent his entire professional career at Schalke and is a World Cup winner with two goals in 44 senior caps for Germany.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes: 'Juve top 5 in world'

http://www.football-italia.net/109070/howedes-juve-top-5-world

Aug 30, 2017

Benedikt Howedes is “pretty overwhelmed” after signing for Juventus, calling them “one of the five biggest clubs in the world.”

The Schalke 04 defender completed his transfer this evening, signing a contract to June 2020, initially on loan for €3.5m with option to buy for another €13m.

That will become an obligation if he makes 25 appearances this season.

“My first emotions were pretty overwhelmed, I mean this is such a big club and Turin is also a very nice city,” World Cup winner Howedes told JTV.

“I talked to (fellow Germany international) Sami Khedira before I came here and he only said you have to come because it’s so wonderful. The first day, the sun is shining and that means a lot. It’s a great day for me.

“For me, Juventus is one of the biggest clubs in the world, one of the five biggest, and they are very successful in the last couple of years and I want to be part of it, to do my job here, to be successful in future and do my best.

“I’m a multi-functional player in defence, I can play in the centre, left or right-back. I have a good header in attack, in defence I’m strong in the tackle and I think those are my strongest qualities.

“I am super proud to play for Juventus and will do my very best to play a great season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira: 'Höwedes good for Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/109351/khedira-howedes-good-juve

Sep 3, 2017

Sami Khedira is confident fellow German international Benedikt Howedes “will be very important for Juventus.”

The 29-year-old defender was snapped up from Schalke 04 at a cost of €3.5m for the loan with obligation to buy for €13m once he reaches 25 appearances.

“I’ve known Howedes well for many years, we have played both together and as opponents,” said Khedira in a Press conference while on international duty.

“I know him as a very good player and person. He’s got character and will be very important for Juventus.

“I can only say that Howedes is impeccable, very intelligent, tactically well-prepared. I think it’ll be wonderful for him to become part of Italian football.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes Juventus initiation

http://www.football-italia.net/109573/video-howedes-juventus-initiation

Sep 8, 2017

Benedikt Howedes chose to sing Bob Marley for his initiation ceremony with Juventus.

The former Schalke defender perhaps hoped that “every little thing’s gonna be alright” would bode well for the season ahead.

The Bianconeri are preparing for tomorrow afternoon's Serie A match against Chievo.

Footage via Instagram

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes in Juventus group

http://www.football-italia.net/110075/howedes-juventus-group

Sep 18, 2017

Benedikt Howedes trained with the Juventus group today, but Mattia De Sciglio continues to struggle with an ankle injury.

German centre-back Howedes joined the Bianconeri last month, but was carrying a minor injury.

However, the club’s official website confirms that he trained with the rest of his teammates today, ahead of the midweek game with Fiorentina.

De Sciglio, however, will not be taking part as he has “a partial lesion on the lower tibial-peronal joint”.

The full-back will continue to be monitored on a daily basis, but “further tests will be needed to exclude complications from microfracturing”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes picks up thigh injury

http://www.football-italia.net/110210/howedes-picks-thigh-injury

Sep 21, 2017

Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes has picked up another muscular injury during today’s training session.

The German international began training with the rest of the Bianconeri squad this week, and was on the bench for last night’s win over Fiorentina.

However, the club has confirmed that he’s suffered another injury setback, so he won’t be fit for the Derby della Mole with Torino.

“In the course of today’s training session, Benedikt Howedes reported a muscular issue with his left thigh flexor,” Juve confirmed on their official website.

“The extent of the issue will be determined with tests in the coming days.”

The World Cup winner joined the Old Lady in the summer transfer window, on loan from Schalke 04 with an option to buy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes out for four weeks

http://www.football-italia.net/110353/howedes-out-four-weeks

Sep 24, 2017

Juventus confirm Benedikt Howedes will be out of action for approximately four weeks after aggravating an old muscular injury.

The defender felt the twinge during a training session on Thursday at the back of his left thigh.

Today a statement from the Juve medical staff noted it had damaged the zone of a previous injury.

The initial prognosis is of four weeks out of action, but it can only be more accurately defined with daily monitoring of his condition.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Schalke: If Höwedes wants…

http://www.football-italia.net/110596/schalke-if-howedes-wants…

Sep 29, 2017

Schalke have told Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes that he can return to the club for injury treatment.

Howedes joined Juve on a season-long loan at the end of last month, but the German has yet to feature for the Bianconeri and is set to miss another month with an ankle injury.

That has prompted Schalke sporting director Christian Heidel to tell reporters: “If Benedikt wants, we’ll offer to cure him from his injury.”

The Bundesliga side will be interested to see how the 29-year-old recovers, given they will be in line to receive a total of €16.5m from Juve once he plays 25 games in Turin.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus to let Howedes go?

http://www.football-italia.net/110923/juventus-let-howedes-go

Oct 6, 2017

Juventus might not activate their option to buy on Benedikt Howedes if his injury problems don’t clear up, it’s reported.

He arrived on loan from Schalke 04 for €3.5m with obligation to buy for another €13m if he puts together 25 competitive appearances this season.

However, Howedes is yet to receive his Juve debut, having suffered from a thigh strain that’ll keep him out for at least another couple of weeks.

Now Mediaset Premium suggest the club is hedging its bets and looking towards Stefan de Vrij, who has still not signed a new contract with Lazio.

His current deal is due to expire at the end of the season, so Lazio could accept a €20m proposal in January.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes seeks Samp debut

http://www.football-italia.net/112552/howedes-seeks-samp-debut

Nov 9, 2017

Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes could reportedly make his debut against Sampdoria after the international break.

The German international arrived from Schalke 04 on loan with an option to buy this summer, a deal which becomes obligatory if he mades 25 appearances.

So far he has missed 14 of the Bianconeri’s fixtures through injury, and along with Carlo Pinsoglio is the only first team player yet to make his debut.

However, after Howedes returned to the bench against Benevento, Gazzetta dello Sport believes he’s using the international break to get himself fit to face Sampdoria.

The versatile defender also wants to go to the World Cup with Germany, but to do so he’ll have to play regularly and well with Juve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes: ‘I’m ready to play’

http://www.football-italia.net/112887/howedes-‘i’m-ready-play’

Nov 16, 2017

Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes assures “I’m ready to go onto the pitch” against Sampdoria this weekend.

The German international arrived from Schalke 04 on loan this summer, but so far has been unable to make his debut after some niggling injuries.

“I’m happy to return to being available, I’m ready to go onto the pitch,” Howedes told Sky.

“Sampdoria are a competitive team, but Juventus always go out there to win. Juventus want to win against Barcelona too.

“Italy’s World Cup elimination? We team-mates are close to Giorgio Chiellini, Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli and the other Azzurri, it’s not easy right now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes: ‘Napoli will be difficult’

http://www.football-italia.net/113477/howedes-‘napoli-will-be-difficult’

Nov 28, 2017

Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes expects a “very difficult” game against Napoli but “we’re strong and we can beat them”.

The two sides meet at the San Paolo on Friday night for what is being billed as an early Scudetto showdown, and the Bianconeri will slip seven points behind if they lost to the league leaders.

“It will be a very important game,” Howedes acknowledged, speaking to Tuttosport.

“It’s also very difficult, it will be a particularly tough game and a very competitive one. We’re strong though, and we can beat them.

“Napoli are in great form and are doing well, but we want to get back to the top of the table. On Friday we have the chance to close the gap in the standings.”

Howedes joined on loan from Schalke in the summer, but only made his first appearance against Crotone at the weekend.

With Leonardo Bonucci leaving to join Milan in the summer the German was seen as a replacement, but he shrugged off those comparisons.

“Bonucci is Bonucci, it’s pointless making comparisons. I try to give my best, and I’m happy that I helped the team with my contribution.

“We have a fantastic squad, we can play with a three or a four man defence, so I have excellent teammates.

“I can also play on the left or the right, against Crotone I was in the centre and I’m available wherever the Coach [Max Allegri] wants me.

“It will depend on the choices the Coach makes based on our opponents, since our strength will be knowing how to change it.

“My nose injury against Crotone? It’s not broken, thankfully. I just took a hard knock and I cut my nose.

“In the end we won and it was very important for us. I’m happy to have played for Juve, but it’s just the beginning.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti