Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Benedikt Höwedes

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes faces ‘long spell out’

http://www.football-italia.net/113613/howedes-faces-‘long-spell-out’

Dec 1, 2017

There are fears that Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes faces “a long spell out” after his latest thigh injury.

Howedes was ruled out of Friday’s clash with Napoli due to the problem, and Tuttosport reports it is a cause for concern, with his condition to be assessed in the next few hours.

The German was sidelined for two months with a tear to his right thigh earlier in the season, so it is possible he may have suffered a recurrence of that injury.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Höwedes out until 2018

http://www.football-italia.net/113667/howedes-out-until-2018

Dec 2, 2017

Benedikt Howedes is out until 2018 with a thigh strain, confirmed Juventus, while Mario Mandzukic remains in doubt for the Champions League against Olympiacos.

The Bianconeri gave an update on the fitness levels of the three players who missed last night’s 1-0 win at Napoli.

Howedes has been diagnosed with a serious setback, a lesion to the right thigh muscle which “necessitates an extended stop with possible return not before the Christmas break.

“The timing will be better ascertained over the next few weeks.”

It’s a bitter blow, as Howedes has made only one competitive appearance for Juventus since the transfer from Schalke 04.

Mandzukic has a calf issue in his left leg and will be monitored on a daily basis, but “remains in doubt for the trip to Athens” on Tuesday.

Stephan Lichtsteiner is slowly recovering from a right thigh problem and requires treatment, but is cup-tied for the Champions League anyway.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Howedes injured again

https://www.football-italia.net/118552/howedes-injured-again

Mar 15, 2018

Benedikt Howedes is likely to miss Juventus’ trip to Spal, as the defender has picked up another injury.

The German international joined the Bianconeri on loan in the summer, but he’s played just 68 minutes so far this season.

Howedes wasn’t included in the squad for the win over Atalanta yesterday, and it’s now being reported by Sky that he has suffered an adductor injury.

The new problem will keep him out of the Spal game, and he’ll use the international break to try to recover from his latest setback.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Höwedes 'struck by Juve mentality'

https://www.football-italia.net/120854/howedes-struck-juve-mentality

May 3, 2018

Benedikt Howedes was “struck by the Juventus mentality, as the slogan ‘Fino alla fine’ – to the end – is omnipresent.”

The 30-year-old defender is still on loan with Juve undecided whether to activate their option to buy from Schalke 04 for a total €15.5m.

The option would become mandatory after 25 appearances, but he has made only three, scoring one goal.

“The thing that struck me about Juventus is the mentality,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“The slogan here is ‘Fino alla fine’ – to the end – and it’s omnipresent. In this season there have been so many games where we sealed it in the final minutes, most recently against Inter.

“We are a side who never give up and that means we have a great mentality.”

The German international has suffered from a series of injury problems, which limited his playing time in Turin.

“The match against Sampdoria was special for me, as I played my second Serie A game and also managed to score a goal. The fans let me feel their warmth, just as the team and whole staff did. They were very happy for me.

“It would be fantastic to win the Scudetto and we hope to play these last few matches well to lift the trophy into the sky. I have so far only won a German Cup, so if we were to win the League title, it’d be a first in my career.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Höwedes: ‘Juventus? We’ll see…’

https://www.football-italia.net/121983/howedes-‘juventus-we’ll-see…’

May 28, 2018

On-loan Juventus defender Benedikt Howedes doesn’t know what his future will be, but concedes it would be “emotional” to return to Schalke.

The German international joined on a €3.5m loan last summer, and the Bianconeri have the option to make it permanent for €13m.

That would appear unlikely though, as injuries restricted the 30-year-old to only three appearances this season.

“Returning to Schalke? I can’t rule that out,” Howedes admitted, speaking to Bild.

“It probably won’t just be my decision, but if I were to play at the Veltins Arena again it would be emotional, because it’s my home.

“I’m happy in Turin, we’ll define my situation in the next few weeks.

“I would have no problem working with [Domenico] Tedesco, we spoke in a frank way and I never had any conflict with him.”

Before this season, Howedes had spent his entire career with Schalke.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti