Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2018-2019

130734 messaggi

Home

Lukaku: 'Juve among Europe's best'

https://www.football-italia.net/129300/lukaku-juve-among-europes-best

Oct 14, 2018

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku said Juventus are “one of the two-three best teams in Europe” and admits he’d love a move to Serie A.

The Premier League side are in the same Champions League group as Juve, Valencia and Young Boys, so will go head-to-head after the break for international duty.

“Juve have a great project in place and they just keep going. Every year they try to get stronger,” Lukaku told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Without doubt, Juve are one of the two-three best teams in Europe. They’ve got a great Coach on the bench and extraordinary players in every area of the team.

“Cristiano Ronaldo stands out, but watch out for the others too. Paulo Dybala is already impressive and getting stronger, while I love Douglas Costa. He’s an exceptional signing and his career shows he always makes the difference.

“It’s a tough group, but obviously Manchester United want to finish on top.”

Lukaku’s brother Jordan plays for Lazio as a wing-back, so Romelu was asked if he’d enjoy a Serie A experience.

“Why not? I hope it happens.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

Juve fill banned Curva Sud with kids

https://www.football-italia.net/129392/juve-fill-banned-curva-sud-kids

Oct 16, 2018

Juventus will fill the Curva Sud with kids from their academy against Genoa after a partial stadium ban for racist chants.

The Curva Sud section is where the hard-line ultras normally sit and also where the racist and ‘territorial discrimination’ insults were emanating from in the game with Napoli.

Rather than leave those seats empty, Juventus have been given permission to fill it with kids from their youth academy, extending the anti-racism initiatives already developed with the UNESCO centre in Turin.

It is now fairly regular practice for clubs to do this when part of their stadium has been shut.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

Juventus fans could boycott San Siro

https://www.football-italia.net/129376/juventus-fans-could-boycott-san-siro

Oct 16, 2018

Juventus fans are considering boycotting the trip to Milan next month, in protest at €75 tickets.

The Bianconeri ultras have been silent for home matches after a raise in ticket prices, but their fans are also being charged more for away games.

Tickets for the away sector, on the third tier at San Siro, for the game against Milan on November 11 will cost €75.

According to Tuttosport, several Juve fan groups are considering boycotting the game in protest, and a sell-out is unlikely even among the less organised fans.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

Schermata_2018-08-11_alle_16.14.17.png

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

.....105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png.......... genoa-128x128.png

9th Matchday

Saturday, october 20th 2018 - 6:00 p.m. CET 

5.00 p.m. UK time - 4.00 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Federico La Penna

Criscito: Genoa need 'half a miracle'

https://www.football-italia.net/129426/criscito-genoa-need-half-miracle

Oct 17, 2018

Domenico Criscito admits Genoa need ‘half a miracle’ to beat Juventus but believes Krzysztof Piatek is already ‘a great champion’.

Criscito had a spell at Juve earlier in his career and is back at Genoa after seven years away, while Piatek has scored 13 goals in just eight appearances for the Grifone ahead of Saturday’s encounter in Turin.

“After seven years abroad, at Zenit St Petersburg, for me it’ll be a pleasure to face many of the players and directors I’ve stayed in touch with,” the defender told Corriere di Torino.

“Facing the seven-time champions of Italy, it’ll be very fascinating. We’ll need half a miracle to beat them.

“A very difficult match awaits us. Juve are scary with Cristiano Ronaldo. Together with PSG, they’re among the biggest favourites for the Champions League, which is the Bianconeri’s main objective.

“At the start of the season, I said they’d win every game but now I think that sooner or later they’ll drop some points. Let’s hope it happens on Saturday.

“My first game against CR7? It’s true, we’ve never crossed each other so it’ll be very nice. Cristiano is every kid’s idol, including my sons Alfredo and Alessandro, who have already asked me for his shirt.

“I met him in Dubai last year and, thanks to my former partner, we took a picture together. 

“Despite his age, Cristiano remains a champion, one who lives for football, and is showing it game by game.

“Douglas Costa? We already faced each other when he was at Shakhtar and I was at Zenit. He’s a great champion, but Allegri is spoiled for choice. He can count on 23 top players.

“if he doesn’t play Douglas there will be Dybala or Bernardeschi. Two hundred percent will have to be give, and we hope to face them on a bad day.

“Piatek? Saturday will be another important test for him. Piatek has already shown himself to be a great champion, scoring 13 goals in eight games and immediately settling into a difficult League like ours.

“Knowing him, he’ll surely want to repeat that against one of the best defences in the world.

“Favilli? Andrea has the body of Vieri and a lot of quality. He had a great preseason with Juventus.

“He’s got over his physical problems and now he’s fine. We hope he scores against his former club, although it wouldn’t be bad if I scored that goal…

“Perin at Juve? Mattia knew he was leaving behind Szczesny, another great goalkeeper. He’s lost a bit of consistency at Juve but gained visibility.

“I saw Perin him grow up and he’s among the best in Italy if not in the world. I’m sure that with time, he’ll find space in the team.

“Marchisio to Zenit? We often hear from each other. I recommended him some Italian restaurants in St Petersburg, where he’s feeling very well: also because it’s not got overly cold yet.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Piatek: 'CR7 the greatest'

https://www.football-italia.net/129483/piatek-cr7-greatest

Oct 18, 2018

Genoa striker Krzysztof Piatek looked ahead to the showdown with Juventus, hailed Cristiano Ronaldo and shrugged off questions about the future.

It kicks off on Saturday at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“At this moment, I am concentrated only on the game with Juventus. It’ll be very difficult, because we are facing the best team in Italy, but we’ll do everything possible,” the Poland international told reporters.

“I know Wojciech Szczesny because we are international teammates, while I’ve not met Mattia Perin. I hope Szczesny is in goal on Saturday.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now and in my view the greatest there has ever been.”

Piatek has been linked with numerous clubs since his remarkable start to the season, scoring 14 goals in 10 competitive games for club and country.

“I am at Genoa now and my focus is only on Genoa. There are still so many games to go this season and I am concentrated on them. I love the Genoa fans.”

He has become famous also for his ‘gunslinging’ celebration, so is he locked and loaded for Turin?

“When I have a chance and we’re playing well, I am always at the ready.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: First game back 'never easy'

https://www.football-italia.net/129506/allegri-first-game-back-never-easy

Oct 19, 2018

Max Allegri has urged Juventus to ‘regain our focus’ on Serie A ahead of facing Genoa as ‘games after international breaks are always dangerous’.

“The squad is okay, although some are missing a few minutes,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“Spinazzola played 58 minutes of a friendly. De Sciglio is fine, Douglas Costa too. Khedira? We hope to have him back for the game against United in Turin. Dybala? He can play, I have to assess the condition of our midfielders.

“After that, I’ll pick who plays in attack. The only one who will certainly rest is Chiellini. De Sciglio? If he plays... he’ll play on the left. Today we’ll apply the finishing touches.

“Ronaldo? He’s very calm and working well. The rest are personal issues, which I don’t want to discuss.

“He’s brought us great attention and a sense of responsibility, he scored goals and that’s what he does best.

“Kean? He’s empowering. He’s the team’s striker after Mandzukic. Douglas Costa? It’ll be easier to see him during the game. He still has no minutes in his legs.

“I’m happy with how he played. It’s always said that in Italy, there are no players, which is always disastrous.

“I think we should be positive: the Italians did well against Ukraine and Poland. Mancini’s new era is going well and we’re trying to see things positively.

“Recently we’ve been winning here 1-0. Now we have a lot to play for. There’s also the Milan derby: a win could allow us to extend our lead further.

“We have to regain our focus on the League. Genoa have changed Coach and games after international breaks are always dangerous.

“Piatek? He’s been a surprise package and a real poacher. Juric? His Genoa won’t be very different to the one they were before.

“They’re a team in all aspects. It’ll be a physical match. There are three points between us and Napoli, in addition to their defeat at the Stadium.

“Is the League boring? For us, no. We must win here.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Khedira out for Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/129527/khedira-out-juventus

Oct 19, 2018

Juventus are still without Sami Khedira and Leonardo Spinazzola for the visit of Genoa, but Mattia De Sciglio is in the squad.

The Bianconeri have won all eight of their Serie A games so far, and will look to make it nine against the Grifone tomorrow.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri will be without Sami Khedira for the match, and Leonardo Spinazzola is also out.

Mattia De Sciglio returns to the squad and could make his first appearance of the season, while Paulo Dybala’s knee injury on international duty hasn’t kept him out.

Douglas Costa is also back after an injury and a ban for spitting.

Juventus squad to face Genoa: Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Cancelo, Rugani, Pjanic, Matuidi, Emre Can, Bentancur, Ronaldo, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Kean, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Genoa

https://www.football-italia.net/129560/line-ups-juventus-genoa

Oct 20, 2018

Juventus seek an 11th victory out of 11 with Juan Cuadrado and Cristiano Ronaldo against Genoa’s Capocannoniere Krzysztof Piatek.

It kicks off in Turin at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

The Bianconeri have a 100 per cent record so far this season, winning 10 out of 10 games in Serie A and the Champions League.

Paulo Dybala returned from international duty with Argentina suffering from a knee problem and is rested ahead of the Manchester United showdown.

Medhi Benatia and Alex Sandro are chosen ahead of Daniele Rugani, Giorgio Chiellini and Mattia De Sciglio, with Cuadrado completing the trident alongside Mandzukic and Ronaldo.

Genoa make their debut under ‘new’ Coach Ivan Juric, as this is his third different stint on the Grifone bench.

In fact, he had been fired in November 2017 to make way for Davide Ballardini, who got the sack last week.

He moves to a 3-5-2 formation with surprise pick of 20-year-old Cristian Romero at centre-back for his Serie A debut, Pedro Pereira and Darko Lazovic on the wings.

It’s an all-Brazilian midfield, but the big dangers are in attack with Christian Kouame and Capocannoniere Piatek, who has scored 14 goals in 10 games this season between club and country.

Juve are unbeaten in this fixture since a 1-0 result in January 1991, decided by Tomas Skuhravy, followed by 15 wins and three draws between Serie A and the Coppa Italia. Genoa haven’t even scored in their last six trips to Turin.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Pinsoglio, Perin, De Sciglio, Chiellini, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Barzagli, Kean, Emre Can, Rugani, Bernardeschi

Genoa: Radu; Biraschi, Romero, Criscito; Pereira, Romulo, Sandro, Bessa, Lazovic; Piatek, Kouamé

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-0: Ronaldo breaks Genoa ice

https://www.football-italia.net/129568/ht-ronaldo-breaks-genoa-ice

Oct 20, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo was assisted by Joao Cancelo to give Juventus the half-time lead over Genoa on the return of Coach Ivan Juric.

The Bianconeri returned from the break for international duty seeking an 11thwin out of 11, but Genoa made their ‘debut’ under new Coach Ivan Juric in his third stint at the club. He replaced Davide Ballardini, who in turn had stepped in for Juric back in November 2017, and moved to a 3-5-2 formation with 20-year-old Argentine Cristian Romero a surprise pick.

Leonardo Bonucci was given the captain’s armband for the first time since his return from Milan. The Curva Sud was shut as punishment for racist chants during the Napoli game, so Juve were given permission to fill it with kids from local youth academies.

Juve are unbeaten in this fixture since a 1-0 result in January 1991, decided by Tomas Skuhravy, followed by 15 wins and three draws between Serie A and the Coppa Italia. Genoa hadn’t even scored in their last six trips to Turin.

Cristiano Ronaldo was unlucky not to open the scoring after 13 minutes when his header on Juan Cuadrado’s cross thumped the upright, then his acrobatic attempt on the rebound went over.

Inevitably, it was CR7 who broke the deadlock. Joao Cancelo dribbled down the left and saw his shot deflected to the back post, where a lack of Genoa communication allowed Ronaldo to tap in from point-blank range.

It was nearly 2-0 on a rolled Cuadrado assist, but Ronaldo forced Ionut Radu into a low save at the near post, and the rest of the half was a Bianconeri monologue.

There was only a half-chance from Genoa, as Pedro Pereira dribbled past Alex Sandro only for Romulo to blast over.

Juventus 1-0 Genoa (Half-Time)

Ronaldo 18 (J)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Genoa: Radu; Biraschi, Romero, Criscito; Pereira, Romulo, Sandro, Bessa, Lazovic; Piatek, Kouamé

Ref: La Penna

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

.....105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png    1-1.......... genoa-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 18'

Daniel Bessa 67'

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Genoa end Juve's perfect start

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125149

Oct 20, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal was not enough, as Juventus were caught napping for Daniel Bessa’s equaliser and Ivan Juric’s Genoa end their perfect start.

The Bianconeri returned from the break for international duty seeking an 11thwin out of 11, but Genoa made their ‘debut’ under new Coach Ivan Juric in his third stint at the club. He replaced Davide Ballardini, who in turn had stepped in for Juric back in November 2017, and moved to a 3-5-2 formation with 20-year-old Argentine Cristian Romero a surprise pick.

Leonardo Bonucci was given the captain’s armband for the first time since his return from Milan. The Curva Sud was shut as punishment for racist chants during the Napoli game, so Juve were given permission to fill it with kids from local youth academies.

Juve are unbeaten in this fixture since a 1-0 result in January 1991, decided by Tomas Skuhravy, followed by 15 wins and three draws between Serie A and the Coppa Italia. Genoa hadn’t even scored in their last six trips to Turin.

Cristiano Ronaldo was unlucky not to open the scoring after 13 minutes when his header on Juan Cuadrado’s cross thumped the upright, then his acrobatic attempt on the rebound went over.

Inevitably, it was CR7 who broke the deadlock. Joao Cancelo dribbled down the left and saw his shot deflected to the back post, where a lack of Genoa communication allowed Ronaldo to tap in from point-blank range.

It was nearly 2-0 on a rolled Cuadrado assist, but Ronaldo forced Ionut Radu into a low save at the near post, and the rest of the half was a Bianconeri monologue.

There was only a half-chance from Genoa, as Pedro Pereira dribbled past Alex Sandro only for Romulo to blast over.

Straight after the restart, Mario Mandzukic didn’t get clean contact to a powerful Alex Sandro low cross, but Krzysztof Piatek needed just a half-chance to create trouble, his snapshot from distance after a Medhi Benatia slip forcing fellow Polish international Wojciech Szczesny to palm it round the base of the near post. Piatek then turned a header just wide of the far post, as Genoa started to get back into the game.

It paid off after a curious incident, as everyone was waiting for the ball to go out for a Genoa corner, but it bounced on the line and took an odd swerve back inwards. Christian Kouame took advantage by whipping in the cross and found Daniel Bessa for a free header, as Bonucci was caught napping. It was the first goal Genoa had scored here since January 2013.

Juve were shaken out of their premature slumber and fought back, Ronaldo’s towering header off target, Pjanic and substitute Paulo Dybala drilling wide, then Mandzukic’s header testing Radu.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi (Dybala 71); Cuadrado (Douglas Costa 58), Mandzukic (Bernardeschi 81), Cristiano Ronaldo

Genoa: Radu; Biraschi, Romero, Criscito; Pereira (Gunter 78), Romulo, Sandro, Bessa (Hiljemark 82), Lazovic; Piatek, Kouamé (Pandev 85)

Ref: La Penna

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

JUVENTUS - GENOA

..       .                                       

.....       1-1.......... 

Cristiano Ronaldo 18'

Daniel Bessa 67'

9th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Allegri: 'Juve drifted away'

https://www.football-italia.net/129570/allegri-juve-drifted-away

Oct 20, 2018

Max Allegri complained the 1-1 draw with Genoa “was the biggest example of drifting out of the game that I’ve seen in my years at Juventus.”

The Bianconeri dominated the match for long periods, but were caught napping when the ball didn’t go out for a corner and Christian Kouame put it back in for Daniel Bessa’s header.

This result terminates the perfect start of 10 wins out of 10 between Serie A and the Champions League.

“It’s very simple, we left the game. Genoa did well to stay in there and instead of scoring for 2-0, we conceded for 1-0,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“This shouldn’t happen, because the Scudetto is won and lost in games like this. In the second half, our minds were on Manchester United and we fell asleep.

“After the equaliser, we then went from sleeping to frenetic desperation, and neither of these attitudes is acceptable. We should’ve had our mind on the job at hand.

“A good 10 minutes before the goal, we were already drifting out of the game. It was coming, we could see it from the touchline. I think it’ll be good for us, as this is a wake-up call so everyone can remember that nothing is to be taken for granted.

“The ball was bouncing around for three or four seconds, so we had all the time needed to go and mark the players in the box, but we’d been drifting for a while beforehand.

“Every match has to be won on the field throughout 90 minutes. Nothing is guaranteed or won before we’ve stepped on to the pitch.

“It was a decent first half, even if we were a little impatient there too and kept trying to immediately find the goal rather than pass it around to create spaces. We had a lot of possession, but were never really in control of it.

“I have to say, it was in the air, as some of the training sessions weren’t great either. It’s not as if we could finish the game off and go home, we had to play the entire 90 minutes regardless of the result.

“It’s a pity, as we could’ve put more pressure on Napoli and broken away at the top, but instead we dropped points.

“It’ll be very different with Manchester United, as they’ll play to win and so will we. Genoa did well today to play in defence and try to stay in the game, but I have to say this was the biggest example of drifting out of the game that I’ve seen in my years at Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD - JUVENTUS 

....Champions League 2018-2019 - 3rd Matchday

Tuesday, october 23rd 2018 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

8.00 p.m. UK time - 7.00 p.m. GMT
Old Trafford Stadium - Manchester
Referee: Milorad Mazic (Serbia)

Mandzukic out of United-Juve

https://www.football-italia.net/129658/mandzukic-out-united-juve

Oct 22, 2018

Mario Mandzukic has been ruled out of Juventus’ Champions League match against Manchester United on Tuesday with an ankle injury.

Juve confirmed on Monday that Manduzkic had pulled up in training with the problem, while Calciomercato.com speculates a recovery time of ‘2-3 weeks’ for the striker.

The Croatian joins Sami Khedira, Leonardo Bonucci and Emre Can – who has been diagnosed with a thyroid nodule – on the treatment table for the game.

Juve squad for United: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Perin; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Benatia, Pjanic, Ronaldo, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Alex Sandro, Matuidi, Barzagli, Cuadrado, Kean, Bonucci, Cancelo, Rugani, Bentancur, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD - JUVENTUS 

Mou: Juve one of the best, Ronaldo...

https://www.football-italia.net/129659/mou-juve-one-best-ronaldo

Oct 22, 2018

Jose Mourinho insists Manchester United are facing ‘one of the biggest teams in the world’ in Juventus, while Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘one of the all-time best’. 

Mourinho led Inter to successive Scudetti and the Champions League earlier in his career, while the United boss reportedly had a strained relationship with Ronaldo from their time at Real Madrid.

“I don’t like this Press conference, I don’t like to talk about individuals,” he replied to an opening question about Paul Pogba for Tuesday’s clash.

“I don’t want to speak to the Spanish journalists because they are only interested in Real Madrid and Ronaldo.

“I’m happy here and to see out my contract and I would like to stay after my contract runs out as well. All I’m thinking about is United.

“I think Cristiano Ronaldo is at a level where he doesn’t need questions and answers. He’s one of the best players of all time and nobody can say differently.

“I’m going to play against one of the biggest teams in the world and that’s what motivates me and brings me here and I think the Press conference is going in other directions and if it is I want to go in other direction.

“The players you saw are the ones who are available. Nothing to hide. Alexis [Sanchez] is out.”

The Portuguese also reiterated he had accepted an apology from Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea assistant Marco Ianni, whose provocative conduct over the weekend drew calls for him to be sacked.

“I’m serious. I want to thank [Maurizio] Sarri for his honesty and Chelsea for it’s honesty too. But I’m not happy that it’s going too far with a young boy,” he added.

“I don’t think he deserves more than what he got. I accept his apology. I think he deserves a second chance not to be sacked and he went to a situation that in the end he recognised he was wrong.

“I hope they don’t disturb the career of a young guy and that’s the end of the story. But I would like the boy to go through more than that. I hope they let the kid [do that].”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD - JUVENTUS 

Juventus go 4-4-2 at Old Trafford?

https://www.football-italia.net/129686/juventus-go-4-4-2-old-trafford

Oct 23, 2018

Juventus could play a variant of 4-4-2 against Manchester United at Old Trafford tonight, according to reports.

The Bianconeri have just three fit central midfielders for tonight’s match, with Emre Can and Sami Khedira both out injured.

Both Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport predict that Coach Massimiliano Allegri will opt for something of an asymmetrical 4-4-2 formation.

That would involve Miralem Pjanic and Rodrigo Bentancur in central midfield, with Juan Cuadrado on the right wing.

Gazzetta reports Blaise Matuidi would play on the left as a mezzala, more of a wide central midfielder than a winger, while Corriere dello Sport expects Federico Bernardeschi as a more orthodox winger.

With Matuidi on the left, the shape would become more of a 4-3-3 in attack, with Cuadrado pushing up to join the attack and the Frenchman tucking inside.

TuttoJuve also reports that Allegri is considering 4-4-2, but that he could also decide to go 3-5-2.

The Coach said in his Press conference that he’d play four at the back, though it’s possible that was to throw rival Jose Mourinho off the scent.

In that case, the ‘BBC’ defence of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini would start, with Joao Cancelo and Alex Sandro at wing back and Juan Cuadrado as a mezzala on the right.

Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo seem certain to start up-front in either formation.

Probable Juventus line-up: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Cuadrado, Pjanic, Bentancur, Matuidi; Dybala, Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD - JUVENTUS 

Line-ups: Manchester United-Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/129712/line-ups-manchester-united-juventus

Oct 23, 2018

Juventus rely on Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala for the Champions League showdown with Paul Pogba’s Manchester United.

It kicks off at Old Trafford at 21.00 CET - 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

The Bianconeri had a perfect start to the season with 10 wins out of 10 in all competition, but that run stalled with a surprise 1-1 draw against Genoa on Saturday.

To make matters worse, Mario Mandzukic has been ruled out for an injury, joining Sami Khedira and Leonardo Spinazzola on the touchline.

Emre Can was diagnosed with a thyroid nodule that may well require surgery, so it’s not clear when the former Liverpool man will be available.

It means Max Allegri had the option between a 4-4-2 formation or a 3-5-2, always keeping Cristiano Ronaldo and Dybala in attack.

Juan Cuadrado is the key, as he can move between the two systems, with Joao Cancelo and Alex Sandro also versatile wing-backs.

It’s a return to Old Trafford for Ronaldo, who scored 118 goals and provided 68 assists for Manchester United in 292 official matches from 2003 to 2009.

Pogba is also reunited with his former Juventus teammates and has been repeatedly linked with a move back to Turin, as his rapport with ex-Inter Coach Jose Mourinho is at an all-time low.

Manchester United have been struggling this season and are second in Group H after a 3-0 win away to Young Boys and 0-0 home draw with Valencia.

Juve are yet to concede in the Champions League, having conquered Valencia 2-0 despite that early Ronaldo card – which saw him suspended for the 3-0 home win over Young Boys, decided by a Dybala hat-trick.

Manchester United are missing Marouane Fellaini, Alexis Sanchez, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones, Diogo Dalot and Scott McTominay, while Marcos Rojo and Antonio Valencia are not 100 per cent fit.

Matteo Darmian was linked with a move to Serie A over the summer, but the sometime Italy international is again on the United bench, while Victor Lindelof gets the nod at centre-back instead of Eric Bailly.

The dangers are all in attack with Pogba supporting Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Romelu Lukaku.

The balance between these sides is absolute, with five wins each, two draws and 15 goals scored in their 12 previous meetings.

Manchester United: De Gea; Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw; Mata, Matic, Pogba; Rashford, Lukaku, Martial

Manchester United bench: Romero, Bailly, Darmian, Fred, Andreas, Ander Herrera, Chong

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Dybala, Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Perin, De Sciglio, Benatia, Douglas Costa, Barzagli, Kean, Bernardeschi

Ref: Mazic (SRB)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD 0-1 JUVENTUS 

Paulo Dybala 17'

CL 0-1: Juventus dominate Manchester

https://www.football-italia.net/129719/cl-juventus-dominate-manchester

Oct 23, 2018

Juventus dominated Manchester United at Old Trafford, but ultimately a Paulo Dybala goal proved enough, while Paul Pogba hit the post.

The Bianconeri missed Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira, Emre Can and Leonardo Spinazzola, so rotated the forward players to keep opposition defenders guessing. It was a return to Old Trafford for Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored 118 goals in 292 matches from 2003 to 2009. Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United were second in the group after a draw with Valencia, missing Marouane Fellaini, Alexis Sanchez, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones, Diogo Dalot, Marcos Rojo, Antonio Valencia and Scott McTominay.

The balance between these sides is absolute, with five wins each, two draws and 15 goals scored in their 12 previous meetings. There were 4,000 Juve fans in the Theatre of Dreams and they were making all the noise.

Juve held the initiative from the start and took the lead after 17 minutes. Cristiano Ronaldo’s cross from the right found Juan Cuadrado, blocked off by Chris Smalling, but Dybala fired in the rebound from 10 yards. It was his fifth goal in his last four Champions League games.

Joao Cancelo stung David De Gea’s gloves from distance and the Bianconeri absolutely dominated, with 70 per cent possession in the first half-hour.

De Gea needed a double save on both Ronaldo’s free kick and the Blaise Matuidi follow-up, while Giorgio Chiellini and his old teammate Paul Pogba shared a high-five while marking each other on a corner.

Manchester United were a little more ambitious in the second half and Leonardo Bonucci got back for a decisive tackle on Anthony Martial, but De Gea still needed to soar in order to fingertip a Ronaldo screamer out from the near top corner after a delicate lay-off from Cuadrado.

Manchester United finally had a real chance on 75 minutes, as Pogba’s snapshot hit the base of the post, bounced off the back of Szczesny’s head and out again.

After the first half domination, Juve seemed confident to just control their 1-0 lead. In stoppages, Mourinho was waving three fingers at the Juventus fans – representing his Treble with Inter – and they responded with insulting chants.

Man Utd 0-1 Juventus

Dybala 17 (J)

Manchester United: De Gea; Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw; Mata, Matic, Pogba; Rashford, Lukaku, Martial

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo (Douglas Costa 87), Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado (Barzagli 81), Dybala (Bernardeschi 78), Ronaldo

Ref: Mazic (SRB)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD 0-1 JUVENTUS 

Paulo Dybala 17'

Allegri: 'Juve strike at right time'

https://www.football-italia.net/129724/allegri-juve-strike-right-time

Oct 23, 2018

Massimiliano Allegri believes Juventus are learning “to strike at the right time” and controlled the tempo in their 1-0 win over Manchester United.

The Bianconeri had 70 per cent possession at Old Trafford in the first half, but eventually only scored the Paulo Dybala effort and ran one risk late on with Paul Pogba’s strike off the upright.

It was reminiscent of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Genoa, where they seemed to relax into a 1-0 lead and were caught out by a rare opportunity for the opposition.

Juve are now runaway leaders on top of Group H with nine points compared to Manchester United on four, Valencia two and Young Boys one.

“Against Genoa we stopped a bit too early and were rightly punished. This evening we allowed a few chances when losing the ball cheaply and we should’ve been faster at moving the ball around, but when the players were static, the ball was too.

“Nonetheless, it was a good team performance and we deserved the victory,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We won a lot of balls in the air, Alex Sandro played it simple and did very well in defence. We controlled the tempo in the first half and had chances to score more goals, getting the final or penultimate pass wrong, but the build-up was largely correct.”

Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira, Emre Can and Leonardo Spinazzola were out injured.

“Naturally we can play without Mandzukic, someone has to get into the box. It was important against Manchester United to keep the ball to ground and attack around Nemanja Matic.

“We still make too many mistakes on the final ball, as we had so many more chances and half-chances that we didn’t develop properly. A couple of times it was the player with the ball, another couple it was the player who didn’t peel away from his marker to reach the space.”

Considering the confidence of this performance, are Juventus favourites to win the Champions League?

“There has been a constant growth process throughout the team and the club. Games must be read and there are times where you don’t need to lunge forward. We didn’t read it properly against Genoa, but this evening the team proved it can read the moments and strike at the right time.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD 0-1 JUVENTUS 

Paulo Dybala 17'

Mourinho: 'Juventus a different level'

https://www.football-italia.net/129726/mourinho-juventus-different-level

Oct 23, 2018

Jose Mourinho freely admits Juventus “are a different level of quality, stability, experience and know-how” to Manchester United.

Paulo Dybala scored the only goal and although Paul Pogba hit the post in the second half, Juve dominated possession at Old Trafford.

“In the other side there was huge quality. Sometimes people look for Cristiano Ronaldo or Dybala but in a top team you have to look to Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci. I think Juventus is this type of team that when they are in front, it’s very difficult,” Mourinho told BT Sport.

“I think our attacking players, things were not coming. But everyone tried, everyone was strong mentally to try until the end.  It was a really difficult match for us. I thought we could take something, but it was not possible.”

The former Inter and Real Madrid boss was asked if Manchester United had given Juventus too much respect.

“I don't think so. I tried not to. With the team we played, it was to let the boys feel positive and take the positive feeling from our match at Stamford Bridge (a 2-2 draw with Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea).

“But Juventus is a different level of quality, I have to be honest. A level of quality, stability, experience, know-how. The base of the team they have Bonucci and Chiellini.

“That's the base that allows them to play with the freedom in attack. 'Lose the ball, no problem, we are here'.

“We could deserve a goal for the effort of the boys, but it was not possible. I have no complaints with my boys. I have a positive feeling for their effort.”

Mourinho also said in his Press conference that Juventus “are one of the main contenders to win the Champions League. As soon as we saw the draw, we knew we were challenging for second place with Valencia.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD 0-1 JUVENTUS 

Paulo Dybala 17'

Chiellini: 'Juve regret at 1-0'

https://www.football-italia.net/129722/chiellini-juve-regret-1-0

Oct 23, 2018

Giorgio Chiellini felt Juventus kept “possession constantly” in the first half against Manchester United and regret it was only 1-0, but there was no complacency.

The Bianconeri dominated at Old Trafford and are now runaway leaders of Group H with nine points compared to Manchester United on four, Valencia two and Young Boys one.

“We had a great first half, moving around, keeping possession constantly and frankly we had regrets that it was only 1-0,” the captain told Sky Sport Italia.

“We were a little tired and far too static in the second half, especially as Manchester United are a very physical side and strong on the counter.

“I’m sure we will learn and improve from here, as it’s still early in the season. Our draw with Genoa came after the break for international duty, while in that game we were a little too superficial and complacent. That complacency wasn’t a risk in Manchester against a side like United.

“I can’t play the way I did 10 years ago, but I can read the game better and that allows me to use up less energy so I’m sharp in the crucial moments.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

MAN UTD 0-1 JUVENTUS 

Paulo Dybala 17'

Dybala: 'Juve gained self-confidence'

https://www.football-italia.net/129731/dybala-juve-gained-self-confidence

Oct 23, 2018

Paulo Dybala said Juventus “showed intelligence” to beat Manchester United at Old Trafford and have “gained self-confidence.”

La Joya pounced on the rebound from Cristiano Ronaldo’s pass to Juan Cuadrado, meaning he has scored five goals in his last four Champions League appearances.

“We showed more intelligence today and played well, defending with strength in the final stages,” Dybala told Sky Sport Italia.

“In recent years, we have gained self-confidence. We know what we can do and the reasons why we did not win before.

“Now we must continue like this and the results will arrive.”

Considering he also scored against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley last season, Dybala seems to have an affinity for England.

“It was unforgettable to score in a stadium like this and I am very happy. Obviously, it does remind me of the goal at Wembley, because these are the stadiums you see growing up and dream of playing here. Plus Juve hadn’t won here for a long time, so that’s another extra.

“Manchester United almost allowed us to play in the first half, giving us some space, but changed after the break and we defended well. It was a great first half and it’s not easy to play with such character and confidence in a stadium like this.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

Lippi: ‘Juventus can win the treble’

https://www.football-italia.net/129792/lippi-‘juventus-can-win-treble’

Oct 25, 2018

Marcello Lippi believes “Juventus can win everything this year”, and sees Napoli as their only Scudetto rivals thanks to the “masterful” Carlo Ancelotti.

The Bianconeri have won all but one of their Serie A games this season, and have a perfect record in the Champions League after the 1-0 win at Manchester United on Tuesday night.

“The feeling that this could be the right season arrived almost immediately,” Lippi told Corriere dello Sport.

“I said for years that the team, already Champions League finalists twice in recent years, had reached a level close to the three strongest clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

“Well, now it’s time to say that Juventus lead the group of favourites.

“The merit all goes to Juventus, and they have to watch that they don’t underestimate certain opponents. The motivation in the Champions League is very strong, there are always teams to beat - always!

“It’s wrong to speak about only one favourite, but the authority and the self belief achieved by the Bianconeri is the engine which drives them to the highest level, then they added Cristiano Ronaldo.

“They took someone who brings five Ballons d’Or, five Champions League, an average of over 50 goals a season and 159 in the Champions League.

“Other than [Lionel] Messi there’s no other player who can improve the performance of a team like Cristiano, the best player in the world.

“Zizou [Zinedine Zidane], a fabulous man and player, grew along with Juve, while CR7 is a phenomenal added value.

“He adds to champions who are increasingly complete like [Federico] Bernardeschi and [Paulo] Dybala, not to mention the signings of [Joao] Cancelo and [Leo] Bonucci.

“I saw a spectacular Juve at Old Trafford, I really liked them. I enjoyed the way they dominated in one of the most difficult and glorious stadiums in the world. In the most complicated game, they showed the personality that confirmed their growth.

“On the other hand, I was surprised by the non-play of Manchester United. United can’t stand and watch another team for an hour, even if it’s a super Juve.

“Jose Mourinho? I agree with his comments that Bonucci and Chiellini could teach defence at Harvard. But I repeat: a team with that technical quality remained closed, as they’d already done for a long time against Chelsea.”

Having offered his opinion on Mourinho, Lippi was asked about Massimiliano Allegri.

“He’s matured again, he’s one of the best Coaches in the world who leads one of the strongest teams in the world.

“The treble? Juventus always start every season trying to win everything, even in the past with me. It’s a psychological characteristic that is not a sign of presumption, but of awareness of one's own strength.

“Experience tells you that if you want to win something, you have to aim to win everything.

“It’s a mistake to say ‘if you don’t win this year you’ve won nothing’, though I understand. Let’s just say that this time the feeling is Juve can win everything.”

The China Coach was then asked who could challenge his old side domestically.

“Compared to the beginning of the season I think we have to take note of the improvement of Inter, who have found a position more in line with their value.

“Then there’s Napoli, masterfully led by Carlo Ancelotti, and I think only they can challenge Juve for the Scudetto.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

EMPOLI - JUVENTUS

..       .                                       

10th Matchday

Saturday, october 27th 2018 - 6:00 p.m. CET 

Stadio Carlo Castellani - Empoli

Referee: Gianpaolo Calvarese

Allegri: Juve need more goals, Rugani...

https://www.football-italia.net/129858/allegri-juve-need-more-goals-rugani

Oct 26, 2018

Max Allegri admits Juventus ‘aren’t scoring enough goals’ ahead of Saturday’s Serie A trip to Empoli but insists Daniele Rugani is ‘our future’.

“You can’t win every game in football,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“We fell asleep for Genoa’s goal, but the team played well for 55 minutes. We were punished for the first mistake we made.

“A misstep can happen, but the goal we conceded was good for the trip to Manchester.

“Genoa exploited our mistakes, but it’s normal to have less space against teams who sit back. In the Champions League it’s different. In any case, we must win tomorrow.

“Ronaldo will play tomorrow. After that, we’ll see if he needs managing. We must make sure of our progression in Champions League.

“Still, we’ll think about this match first, which will be difficult. We come from a great win in Manchester but also from a bad draw with Genoa.

“Empoli always play very good football. It’s not easy to score goals against them. It’s a game that can get complicated if we don’t approach it well enough.

“We have to improve with our last pass. We’re not scoring enough goals. I have some great defenders, so I’m sorry to leave Rugani out because he’s our future.

“Chiellini, Barzagli and Benatia have great experience. If Chiellini is fit then he plays. One of Cancelo and Alex Sandro will rest. Alex Sandro had one of his best matches in Manchester.

“Dybala is in the physical and mental condition that led him to improve, but he’s not at his peak yet.

“Mandzukic and Khedira? Mario is still out, while Sami is on the road to recovery. However, Spinazzola will be called up.

“In midfield Bentancur is growing. He’ll be useful in Emre Can’s absence. He’s having his final tests, but it’s most likely he’ll need surgery.

“Douglas Costa? I still have to make a decision on him. We could play with a 4-2-3-1. In goal? Szczesny will remain there.”

Allegri then paid tribute to Beppe Marotta, who recently vacated his role as Juve’s general manager.

“I wish him all the best wherever he goes,” he added.

“Paratici remains part of Juventus, while Nedved has been here since 2001. They are important people for Juventus, who have been part of our successes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

EMPOLI - JUVENTUS

..       .                                       

10th Matchday

Line-ups: Empoli v Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/129909/line-ups-empoli-v-juventus

Oct 27, 2018

Juventus saw their perfect record terminated by Genoa last week and keep squad rotation to a minimum for this trip to Empoli.

It kicks off at the Stadio Castellani at 18.00 CET - 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

The Bianconeri have won every single match played in Serie A and the Champions League so far this season, with one exception – the surprise 1-1 home stalemate with Genoa.

That was a result of their complacency and wasteful finishing, so Max Allegri will do everything to ensure there isn’t a repeat in Tuscany.

He chooses more or less the same side that beat Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi stepping in for Juan Cuadrado.

CR7 has participated in eight of Juve’s last 12 Serie A goals, scoring five and assisting three.

In the absence of injured Mario Mandzukic, Sami Khedira and Emre Can, Rodrigo Bentancur continues to hold the midfield fort, but Mattia De Sciglio gives Joao Cancelo a rest.

Giorgio Chiellini was named in the starting XI and had a problem in the warm-up, so Daniele Rugani faces his former club instead.

Empoli have put in some very impressive performances so far this season, but the results simply haven’t matched up to their style of football.

Much of the issue is in attack, where Antonino La Gumina has been relatively toothless.

The ex-Palermo striker is dropped in favour of veteran Ciccio Caputo, with Miha Zajc and Rade Krunic in a dual trequartista role.

Frederic Veseli, Levan Mchedlidze and Alejandro Rodriguez miss out, while Salih Ucan is ready to come off the bench after scoring in last week’s thrilling 3-3 draw with Frosinone.

Empoli haven’t beaten Juventus in Serie A since a 1-0 result at the Castellani in April 1999, followed by two draws and 12 defeats, home and away.

Meanwhile, the Old Lady haven’t lost in their last 17 away league matches, winning 14 of them.

Empoli: Provedel; Di Lorenzo, Silvestre, Maietta, Antonelli; Acquah, Traore, Bennacer; Krunic, Zajc; Caputo

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Ref: Calvarese

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

EMPOLI - JUVENTUS

..       .                                       

10th Matchday

HT 1-0: Juventus surprise at Empoli

https://www.football-italia.net/129914/ht-juventus-surprise-empoli

Oct 27, 2018

Francesco Caputo has given Empoli the deserved half-time lead over Juventus at the Stadio Castellani with a classic counter.

The Bianconeri saw their perfect start to the season ruined by a 1-1 draw with Genoa last week, but bounced back straight away with a Champions League victory at Old Trafford. Emre Can, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic were still out of action, while Empoli missed Levan Mchedlidze, Frederic Veseli and Alejandro Rodriguez. Antonino La Gumina was dropped in favour of veteran Ciccio Caputo and a 4-3-2-1 formation.

Giorgio Chiellini pulled out in the warm-up, so Daniele Rugani stepped in against his old club and Paulo Dybala inherited the captain’s armband.

Juve were unbeaten against Empoli since a 1-0 Castellani result in April 1999, followed by 12 wins and two draws, home and away in Serie A.

Federico Bernardeschi was ready to tap in an Alex Sandro ball rolled across the six-yard box, but Cristiano Ronaldo dived in first and neither of them could get a clean shot.

Empoli grew into the game and put together a series of corners, but Rade Krunic’s curler was too close to Wojciech Szczesny.

Domenico Maietta risked an own goal with his scuffed interception of a Blaise Matuidi cross, but Empoli were pushing and ultimately took the lead.

Afriyie Acquah surged forward, a deflection took it back into the path of Caputo, who swung the left-foot strike into the far top corner from just inside the box.

Ronaldo’s towering header was into the arms of Provedel, while Di Lorenzo was anticipated as he tried to volley in a Miha Zajc free kick. Acquah went on another forceful run, but this time Zajc tried to cut inside on to his right boot and was blocked off inside the penalty area.

The referee viewed VAR footage on the stroke of half-time for a Leonardo Bonucci handling offence, but it was too close to his chest to be considered voluntary or decisive.

Empoli 1-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Caputo 28 (E)

Empoli: Provedel; Di Lorenzo, Silvestre, Maietta, Antonelli; Acquah, Traore, Bennacer; Krunic, Zajc; Caputo

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130734 messaggi

EMPOLI 1-2 JUVENTUS

Francesco Caputo 28'

Cristiano Ronaldo (penalty) 54'

Cristiano Ronaldo 70'       ..........

..       .                                       

10th Matchday

Ronaldo gets Juve out of trouble in Empoli

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125156

Oct 27, 2018

Francesco Caputo had given Empoli a deserved lead, but Cristiano Ronaldo turned it around with a penalty and a magnificent strike for a Juventus victory.

The Bianconeri saw their perfect start to the season ruined by a 1-1 draw with Genoa last week, but bounced back straight away with a Champions League victory at Old Trafford. Emre Can, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic were still out of action, while Empoli missed Levan Mchedlidze, Frederic Veseli and Alejandro Rodriguez. Antonino La Gumina was dropped in favour of veteran Ciccio Caputo and a 4-3-2-1 formation.

Giorgio Chiellini pulled out in the warm-up, so Daniele Rugani stepped in against his old club and Paulo Dybala inherited the captain’s armband.

Juve were unbeaten against Empoli since a 1-0 Castellani result in April 1999, followed by 12 wins and two draws, home and away in Serie A.

Federico Bernardeschi was ready to tap in an Alex Sandro ball rolled across the six-yard box, but Cristiano Ronaldo dived in first and neither of them could get a clean shot.

Empoli grew into the game and put together a series of corners, but Rade Krunic’s curler was too close to Wojciech Szczesny.

Domenico Maietta risked an own goal with his scuffed interception of a Blaise Matuidi cross, but Empoli were pushing and ultimately took the lead.

Afriyie Acquah surged forward, a deflection took it back into the path of Caputo, who swung the left-foot strike into the far top corner from just inside the box.

Ronaldo’s towering header was into the arms of Provedel, while Di Lorenzo was anticipated as he tried to volley in a Miha Zajc free kick. Acquah went on another forceful run, but this time Zajc tried to cut inside on to his right boot and was blocked off inside the penalty area.

The referee viewed VAR footage on the stroke of half-time for a Leonardo Bonucci handling offence, but it was too close to his chest to be considered voluntary or decisive.

This was the first time this season that Juventus had gone into the break a goal down and they came out fighting for the second half. In the same move, Provedel rushed off his line to parry Alex Sandro at the far post, then fingertipped the Pjanic strike on to the crossbar from a tight angle.

Empoli gifted a penalty, converted by Cristiano Ronaldo, as Bennacer’s touch was heavy and he clumsily bumped into the back of Paulo Dybala in an attempt to recover.

Bonucci had to make an interception as Rade Krunic’s deflected shot was rolling into the path of Caputo, but Ronaldo turned the game around completely with a stunning individual effort.

CR7 unleashed a right-foot screamer from 20 metres out that swerved and dipped into the far top corner, giving Provedel absolutely no chance.

Substitute Juan Cuadrado tried to set up Ronaldo for a hat-trick, but the pull-back was behind his teammate. Krunic’s scuffed shot was smothered by Szczesny and Caputo’s volley on the turn landed on the roof of the net.

Empoli: Provedel; Di Lorenzo, Silvestre, Maietta, Antonelli (Pasqual 69); Acquah, Traore (La Gumina 82), Bennacer; Krunic, Zajc (Salih Ucan 75); Caputo

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio (Barzagli 90), Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic (Douglas Costa 80), Matuidi; Bernardeschi (Cuadrado 66), Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti