4th Matchday

Sunday, september 16th 2018 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 1.00 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium, Turin
Referee: Daniele Chiffi

Line-ups: Juventus-Sassuolo

https://www.football-italia.net/128036/line-ups-juventus-sassuolo

Sep 16, 2018

Juventus make numerous changes, including Emre Can’s first start and Paulo Dybala back, as Cristiano Ronaldo seeks a goal against second-placed Sassuolo.

It kicks off at 15.00 CET - 14.00 UK time (13.00 GMT).

This is an unexpected top of the table showdown between the only two sides remaining who are unbeaten this season.

Max Allegri has his eye on the upcoming Champions League meeting with Valencia, so Miralem Pjanic, Giorgio Chiellini and Joao Cancelo are rested.

Emre Can gets his first start since leaving Liverpool as a free agent, while Medhi Benatia and Mattia De Sciglio also step in.

Cristiano Ronaldo is still looking for his first goal in a Bianconeri jersey and is supported by Dybala and Mario Mandzukic, so La Joya returns to the starting XI after two games on the bench.

Federico Bernardeschi makes way, while Leonardo Spinazzola and Andrea Barzagli are out injured.

Sassuolo are the surprise outfit of the season so far and, along with Juve, the only side still unbeaten in the division.

Coach Roberto De Zerbi already did an impressive job last term with Benevento, although he was unable to rescue them following a disastrous start before he took over.

The Neroverdi have strengthened with Kevin-Prince Boateng, joining Domenico Berardi in the trident attack, with Filip Djuricic rather than Federico Di Francesco.

Francesco Magnanelli is not 100 per cent fit, so ex-Milan starlet Manuel Locatelli takes the midfield reins.

They have already beaten Inter and Genoa, snatching the latest of last-gasp draws with Cagliari, and are the top scorers in the league so far.

Curiously, defenders Pol Lirola, Rogerio and Giangiacomo Magnani are all either on loan from Juventus or the Bianconeri have a buy-back clause on them.

Sassuolo have a dire record in Turin, losing all five of their previous Serie A visits.

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Khedira, Matuidi; Dybala, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Sassuolo: Consigli; Lirola, Marlon, Ferrari, Rogerio; Duncan, Locatelli, Bourabia; Berardi, Boateng, Djuricic

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

Schermata_2018-08-11_alle_16.14.17.png

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 sassuolo-128x128.png

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

HT 0-0: Sassuolo stall Juventus

DnOGPCbVAAAVtAA.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/128041/ht-sassuolo-stall-juventus

Sep 16, 2018

Sassuolo have put up a fight in Turin, as Juventus are so far unable to break then down, even with an own goal almost gifted.

This was surprisingly a top of the table showdown between first and second, plus the only two sides still unbeaten after three rounds. Paulo Dybala returned to the starting XI after two games on the bench, while Emre Can got his first start, with Giorgio Chiellini and Miralem Pjanic rested. Mattia De Sciglio was meant to start, but pulled out in the warm-up. Sassuolo were on fine form with Kevin-Prince Boateng, bringing Filip Djuricic into the trident attack with Francesco Magnanelli not fully fit.

Sassuolo have a dire record in Turin, losing all five of their previous Serie A visits.

Emre Can’s chest and half-volley went wide, while Gian Marco Ferrari had a great chance from a corner, his header straight at Wojciech Szczesny.

Marlon was caught in possession by Blaise Matuidi, as Sassuolo scrambled to charge down first Dybala and then Mario Mandzukic efforts.

Pol Lirola almost scored a spectacular own goal on 37 minutes, sliding on to a cross at the back post, but Andrea Consigli performed a fantastic reaction save.

Alfred Duncan did have the ball in the Juventus net, but only after Djuricic had fouled Cancelo.

Juventus 0-0 Sassuolo (Half-Time)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Khedira, Matuidi; Dybala, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Sassuolo: Consigli; Lirola, Marlon, Ferrari, Rogerio; Duncan, Locatelli, Bourabia; Berardi, Boateng, Djuricic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        2-1         sassuolo-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 50'

Cristiano Ronaldo 65'

Khouma Babacar 91'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Ronaldo ends Juventus drought

DnOWAtVW4AAYPQ5.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125099

Sep 16, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo broke his drought with a brace as Juventus beat Sassuolo 2-1, but Douglas Costa faces a lengthy ban for spitting.

This was surprisingly a top of the table showdown between first and second, plus the only two sides still unbeaten after three rounds. Paulo Dybala returned to the starting XI after two games on the bench, while Emre Can got his first start, with Giorgio Chiellini and Miralem Pjanic rested. Mattia De Sciglio was meant to start, but pulled out in the warm-up. Sassuolo were on fine form with Kevin-Prince Boateng, bringing Filip Djuricic into the trident attack with Francesco Magnanelli not fully fit.

Emre Can’s chest and half-volley went wide, while Gian Marco Ferrari had a great chance from a corner, his header straight at Wojciech Szczesny.

Marlon was caught in possession by Blaise Matuidi, as Sassuolo scrambled to charge down first Dybala and then Mario Mandzukic efforts.

Pol Lirola almost scored a spectacular own goal on 37 minutes, sliding on to a cross at the back post, but Andrea Consigli performed a fantastic reaction save.

Alfred Duncan did have the ball in the Juventus net, but only after Djuricic had fouled Cancelo.

Sassuolo started the second half in very clumsy fashion, risking an own goal yet again as Mandzukic knocked a ball down for Khedira.

On the following corner, Ferrari nodded it on to the upright and Cristiano Ronaldo pounced on the rebound from a yard. Just like last season at Real Madrid, it took CR7 28 attempts to get his opening goal.

Boateng’s cheeky back-heel flick dribbled not far wide, but Juve doubled their lead with that man Ronaldo clearly having opened the floodgates. Douglas Costa started the counter from a Sassuolo corner, Emre Can’s slide-rule pass sent Ronaldo running and his angled drive into the far bottom corner beat Consigli.

It was almost 3-0 when Douglas Costa’s finish flashed across the face of goal, but Wojciech Szczesny flew to palm away a long-range Alfred Duncan strike.

Ronaldo wasted a golden opportunity for the hat-trick, volleying all the way across the face of goal from close range. He kicked the upright in frustration.

Sassuolo were still alive and Boateng’s diving header from five yards just failed to make contact with a Lirola cross.

Ronaldo could comfortably have had four goals, but again fluffed his lines in the easiest opportunities. Consigli only beat a Cancelo strike into his path and the Ballon d’Or winner fired the rebound wide from close range.

Douglas Costa drilled wide, but Sassuolo set up a tense finale with Khouma Babacar’s towering header into the far bottom corner.

The tension got too much for Douglas Costa, who took his row with Federico Di Francesco too far. First he seemed to raise an elbow towards him, but after the goal was caught on camera spitting in his face from point-blank range. The VAR officials alerted the referee, who promptly sent him off and that will be a lengthy ban.

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Benatia, Alex Sandro (Cuadrado 80); Emre Can (Bentancur 71), Khedira, Matuidi; Dybala, Mandzukic (Douglas Costa 61), Cristiano Ronaldo

Sassuolo: Consigli; Lirola, Marlon, Ferrari, Rogerio (Dell’Orco 72); Duncan, Locatelli (Babacar 82), Bourabia; Berardi, Boateng, Djuricic (Di Francesco 61)

Ref: Chiffi

Sent off: Douglas Costa 94 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        2-1         sassuolo-128x128.png

Cristiano Ronaldo 50'

Cristiano Ronaldo 65'

Khouma Babacar 91'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Ronaldo: 'I was a little tense...'

DnOXI_BWsAE0XgW.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/128044/ronaldo-i-was-little-tense

Sep 16, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo admits he “was a little tense” at failing to break his Juventus duck, but relished his brace to beat Sassuolo.

The Ballon d’Or winner took 28 attempts and 320 minutes to find a way through in Serie A and ended up scoring twice in 15 minutes in today’s 2-1 victory.

“I’m very happy, we started well. Sassuolo defend well, but we put in an intense performance and deserved to win.

“I really wanted to score these first goals and I’m happy to have found the net,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia.

He could easily have had four and missed a couple of very good opportunities from close range.

“This is football. The important thing is that the team wins. Obviously, I was a little tense with all the talk after my move from Real Madrid and not scoring, so there were a lot of expectations, but I thank my teammates for supporting me throughout.

“I knew that I was working well and it was only a matter of time. I am adapting well to Italian football.

“The Champions League is my favourite tournament. It’s a very difficult group, we know that we can do well and Juve must focus on being the best.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

Cristiano Ronaldo 50'

Cristiano Ronaldo 65'

Khouma Babacar 91'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Douglas Costa faces spitting ban: 'I apologise'

DnPTNdDW0Aceb9W.jpg:large

https://www.football-italia.net/128049/douglas-costa-faces-spitting-ban

https://www.football-italia.net/128053/douglas-costa-i-apologise

Sep 16, 2018

Juventus winger Douglas Costa risks at least a three-match ban, possibly closer to five, after spitting at a Sassuolo player.

The Brazilian was a substitute in today’s 2-1 win over Sassuolo at the Juventus Stadium.

There was a tussle with Federico Di Francesco (the son of Roma Coach Eusebio) in the build-up to the Sassuolo consolation goal in the final minutes.

First he seemed to lash out an elbow, then attempted a headbutt.

The pair continued arguing until Douglas Costa spat at Di Francesco from point-blank range.

It was caught on camera and the VAR officials in the booth immediately alerted the referee, who sent him off.

There is no mandatory ban in Serie A for a straight red or for spitting, but there are some precedents.

This type of incident tends to warrant a three-match ban.

Douglas Costa could well be worse off because there was also the elbow and headbutt to take into account.

It’s potentially crucial, because Juventus will face Napoli three rounds from now, so anything more than two games and he’d miss the big clash.

Max Allegri stated in the Press conference that the Brazilian will "certainly" be fined by the club.

Douglas Costa has written a public apology “to Juventus fans” after he was sent off for spitting at Sassuolo’s Federico Di Francesco.

The incident was caught on camera in stoppages and the VAR booth signalled down that he had to be dismissed.

It’s likely to be at least a three-match ban, if not more, as he also raised an elbow at the same player and attempted a headbutt before the spit.

“I want to apologise to all the Juventus fans for this over the top reaction I had during today’s game,” wrote Douglas Costa on Instagram.

“I also apologise to my teammates, who are always by my side, in good and bad times. It was ugly, I am aware of that and I apologise to everyone for that.

“I want to make clear that this isolated conduct has nothing to do with what I’ve shown throughout my career.”

Juventus Coach Max Allegri confirmed the player will be fined.

It probably won't help his cause that he didn't apologise to Di Francesco in this message.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

Cristiano Ronaldo 50'

Cristiano Ronaldo 65'

Khouma Babacar 91'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Allegri tells off Juventus

DnOpzUjW4AIOiYp.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/128045/allegri-tells-juventus

Sep 16, 2018

Max Allegri told off Douglas Costa and the rest of his Juventus players for their attitude after a 2-1 win over Sassuolo, but was never worried about Cristiano Ronaldo.

The victory was somewhat overshadowed by Douglas Costa’s red card and he now risks at minimum a three-match ban, probably closer to five, for spitting at Federico Di Francesco.

“Maybe he was irritated at a foul before, but it doesn’t matter, because this absolutely must not happen. The one thing we must avoid doing is falling for provocation,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We could’ve scored a third goal, but instead we started to play as individuals, we tried to dribble past everyone, this wound up the opposition, who then reacted badly and you get to situations like Douglas Costa.

“You just had to see the first three games and how close Ronaldo went to scoring. Again today, he was a little too hasty and eager to score, but it bounced off the post and right into his path. That unblocked him.”

Paulo Dybala was not expected to start, but he played in more of a trequartista role behind the forwards.

“Today, even though it was the first time with this system, we did well. Naturally, the full-backs have to give more width. Sassuolo fought hard and as they became tired later on, we took full control of the game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - SASSUOLO

Cristiano Ronaldo 50'

Cristiano Ronaldo 65'

Khouma Babacar 91'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

De Zerbi: ‘Juventus a chameleon’

Risultati immagini per juventus sassuolo 16 settembre 2018

https://www.football-italia.net/128071/de-zerbi-‘juventus-chameleon’

Sep 16, 2018

Sassuolo Coach Roberto De Zerbi describes Juventus as “chameleonic”, and explains why his side attacked in Turin.

The Neroverdi were beaten 2-1 by the champions yesterday, but emerged with plenty of credit for an attacking, enterprising performance.

“Juventus are a chameleonic team,” De Zerbi explained to RMC Sport.

“It’s difficult to even understand how they’ll play before the match, [Coach Max] Allegri is the number one in that regard, he manages to use every player in every position and improves players who are already above everyone.

“I don’t want to be misunderstood, you should definitely be worried when you meet these teams, but if you’re just thinking about how to stop them then you can’t do it.

“They come at you from all sides so you have to try and do something otherwise it’ll be a very long 90 minutes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

valencia-128x128.png.......... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Champions League 2018-2019 - 1st Matchday

Wednesday, september 19th 2018 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

8.00 p.m. UK time - 7.00 p.m. GMT
Estadio de Mestalla - Valencia
Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Dybala & Costa in Juve squad

DnYU4AfXsAELIWh.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/128136/dybala-costa-juve-squad

Sep 18, 2018

Juventus have called up Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa for Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Valencia, but Mattia De Sciglio is out.

Dybala is deemed fit enough, despite bruising his foot over the weekend, while Costa is free to keep turning out for Juve in the absence of a likely ban for spitting.

However, De Scligio will not travel to Mestalla for the 20:00 kick-off after picking up a thigh injury.

Juve squad for Valencia: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Perin; Chiellini, Benatia, Pjanic, Khedira, Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Alex Sandro, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Kean, Bonucci, Cancelo, Emre Can, Rugani, Bentancur, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Allegri: ‘CL chances have improved. Douglas Costa not banished’

https://www.football-italia.net/128152/allegri-‘cl-chances-have-improved’

https://www.football-italia.net/128151/allegri-‘douglas-costa-not-banished’

Sep 18, 2018

Juventus Coach Max Allegri acknowledges “we have more chance to win” the Champions League with Cristiano Ronaldo but “take it one step at a time”.

The Bianconeri signed the Portuguese superstar for €100m this summer, which has been interpreted by most as a signal that they’re going all-out to win in Europe.

“The arrival of Ronaldo has increased the self-esteem,” Allegri confirmed in his pre-Valencia Press conference.

“The best player in the world has arrived, the one who has shared everything with [Leo] Messi in the past few years.

“Juve have played two finals in the last four years and have been eliminated [before that] twice, once in extra-time and once in Madrid with a 93rd-minute penalty.

“So it’s not like Juventus find ourselves suddenly fighting for the Champions League this year.

“In recent years we’ve achieved results, grown in confidence, and it’s normal that this year we have more chance to win it.

“That said, we need to start by getting three points tomorrow, and the final isn’t until May.

“I believe that what Juventus have achieved and maintained means we now have to aim to be among the best four in the Champions League.

“I hear all this talk about Juventus being favourite, but I’d say we need to take it one step at a time.

“Tomorrow we have a game that isn’t easy, because it’s not easy to play and win here. There’s a stadium that really pushes the team, when the game seems dead it just takes a foul on the wing to inflame the crowd again.

“Tomorrow is a difficult game upon which our path in the Champions League rests. If we win tomorrow the path will be easier, if we draw we’re well placed and if we get a negative result then it becomes an uphill struggle.

“Football matches have to be played on the pitch, because in August everyone can win the Champions League and the Scudetto.

“Winning everything now doesn’t exist, we need to think about winning one game. We’re thinking about getting to December 30, where we want to be in the next round of the Champions League and leading the league.

“Then there’s the break, the Supercoppa and the second half of the season, which is what counts. To make it count though, you have to do well in the first half.

“Right now talking about certain things isn’t necessary, we’re one of the four or five favourites to win the Champions League.

“But this is such a strange competition that if a ball bounces in your favour you can go to the final, if two or three are out with flu it becomes more difficult.

“Let’s start by thinking about tomorrow’s game, then we’ll see.”

Massimiliano Allegri won’t banish Douglas Costa from the Juventus squad, but says he was “surprised” by the “unpleasant incident” on Sunday.

The Brazilian winger completely lost his head toward the end of the Sassuolo game, and has been banned for four games for spitting on Federico Di Francesco.

Tomorrow the Bianconeri take on Valencia in the Champions League, and the Coach was asked if Douglas Costa would be sent to sit on a stool in the stands as Leo Bonucci was against Porto two seasons ago.

“There’s no stool,” Allegri replied.

“I must say that on Sunday there was an unpleasant incident which surprised everyone, not least because that’s not who he is.

“He’s apologised, he’ll pay with a four match ban and he’ll show with fair play on the pitch that this was an isolated incident. That’s always been a strong point of his, in addition to his qualities.

“Tomorrow I’ll decide whether to play him or put him on the bench, but it’ll be a purely technical choice.

“I’m disappointed because it wasn’t a good example for those who saw it, but he was the first to be disappointed at the end of the match.

“He had a good session in training yesterday and today it was the same. He had a momentary blackout which absolutely should not happen, but which can happen.

“He’ll have the chance to play in the Champions League because with the international break four games becomes a month and a half.

“It damaged us as a squad, it shocked us because he did something which was totally out of his character for him. Just look at his career, he wouldn’t hurt a fly.

“He surprised everyone, even himself. I’m very disappointed.”

Allegri also discussed the team selection for tomorrow, with Paulo Dybala missing training on Monday with a foot injury.

“Paulo is fine. Among other things he had a good match on Sunday, both technically and physically. He’s growing in terms of condition, as is the whole team.

“It’ll be hard to leave anyone out tomorrow, especially after seeing training today. Two who will definitely play are [Leo] Bonucci and [Giorgio] Chiellini.

“Then I have [Juan] Cuadrado, [Joao] Cancelo and Alex Sandro who can play at full-back, and I need to decide whether two or three of them will play.

“If Cuadrado plays at full-back and Cancelo on the left, [Federico] Bernardeschi can play as a forward. If Cancelo and Alex Sandro play he can play up-front, or it’ll be Douglas Costa and Cuadrado.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

HT 0-1: Ronaldo sees red as Juve lead

https://www.football-italia.net/128214/ht-ronaldo-sees-red-juve-lead

Sep 19, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo was inexplicably sent off for a pat on the head of Jeison Murillo, but Juventus still lead Valencia through Miralem Pjanic’s penalty.

The Bianconeri set their stall out this season to win the Champions League for the first time since 1996 and paid over €100m to get Cristiano Ronaldo for that purpose. Max Allegri made some changes, as Paulo Dybala, Andrea Barzagli and Mattia De Sciglio were carrying knocks. Valencia were back in the competition after a two-season absence and missed key players Geoffrey Kondogbia, Francis Coquelin and Ezequiel Garay.

It was a very aggressive start from the hosts, but Juve emerged and Mario Mandzukic volleyed over from close range on a Cristiano Ronaldo knock-down.

Sami Khedira did even worse with a shocking miss, firing over when completely unmarked, again set up by Federico Bernardeschi, while Valencia threw defensive bodies in the way to deny Blaise Matuidi at the end of a chaotic move.

However, Khedira went off injured moments later, replaced by Emre Can just 22 minutes into the game.

The match took a bizarre twist when Ronaldo clashed with ex-Inter defender Jeison Murillo and seemed to either tug the Colombian’s (very short) hair or pat him on the back of the head. Either way, there was very little in it, but the referee spoke to his goal-line assistant and opted for a straight red. Ronaldo was absolutely distraught, burst into tears and tried to argue his case, but had to walk off for his first ever Champions League dismissal.

Valencia suddenly had more belief and Michy Batshuayi turned Giorgio Chiellini inside out before stinging Wojciech Szcsesny’s gloves at the near post.

However, Joao Cancelo hit the crossbar and as he tried to get on the rebound was felled by a very high and clumsy Parejo tackle for a penalty. Miralem Pjanic stepped up and successfully converted to give 10-man Juve the advantage.

Valencia 0-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Pjanic pen 44 (J)

Valencia: Neto; Ruben Vezo, Murillo, Gabriel Paulista, Gaya; Soler, Parejo, Wass, Goncalo Guedes; Rodrigo, Batshuayi

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Emre Can 22), Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Brych (GER)

Sent off: Ronaldo 29 (J)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

valencia-128x128.png  0-2 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Miralem Pjanic (penalty - 44')

Miralem Pjanic (penalty - 50')

.......Champions League 2018-2019 - 1st Matchday

CL 0-2: Ronaldo red can't stop Juve

DnfFRmlW0AEoTqE.jpg:large

https://www.football-italia.net/128214/cl-ronaldo-red-cant-stop-juve

Sep 19, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo was very harshly sent off, yet Juventus conquered Valencia 2-0 with a pair of Miralem Pjanic penalties and Wojciech Szczesny’s save.

The Bianconeri set their stall out this season to win the Champions League for the first time since 1996 and paid over €100m to get Cristiano Ronaldo for that purpose. Max Allegri made some changes, as Paulo Dybala, Andrea Barzagli and Mattia De Sciglio were carrying knocks. Valencia were back in the competition after a two-season absence and missed key players Geoffrey Kondogbia, Francis Coquelin and Ezequiel Garay.

It was a very aggressive start from the hosts, but Juve emerged and Mario Mandzukic volleyed over from close range on a Cristiano Ronaldo knock-down.

Sami Khedira did even worse with a shocking miss, firing over when completely unmarked, again set up by Federico Bernardeschi, while Valencia threw defensive bodies in the way to deny Blaise Matuidi at the end of a chaotic move.

However, Khedira went off injured moments later, replaced by Emre Can just 22 minutes into the game.

The match took a bizarre twist when Ronaldo clashed with ex-Inter defender Jeison Murillo and seemed to either tug the Colombian’s (very short) hair or pat him on the back of the head. Either way, there was very little in it, but the referee spoke to his goal-line assistant and opted for a straight red. Ronaldo was absolutely distraught, burst into tears and tried to argue his case, but had to walk off for his first ever Champions League dismissal.

Valencia suddenly had more belief and Michy Batshuayi turned Giorgio Chiellini inside out before stinging Wojciech Szcsesny’s gloves at the near post.

However, Joao Cancelo hit the crossbar and as he tried to get on the rebound was felled by a very high and clumsy Parejo tackle for a penalty. Miralem Pjanic stepped up and successfully converted to give 10-man Juve the advantage.

After the restart, Murillo was on the wrong end of the referee’s decision, wrestling Leonardo Bonucci to the ground for a second Juventus penalty. Pjanic kept his cool again to convert and double their lead.

Szczesny got down to push a Soler effort round the far post and smothered another long-range shot from the same player, while Kevin Gameiro skimmed the woodwork from one of many corners.

Douglas Costa came off the bench and had a good chance on the counter, but he was tackled by Gabriel Paulista just as he was pulling the trigger and sustained an injury. The Brazilian was carried off the field by two medics.

With the last kick of the game, the referee awarded another dubious penalty for Daniele Rugani’s jump with arm slightly raised on Gabriel Paulista. However, Szczesny parried the Parejo penalty to deny Valencia even a consolation.

Valencia 0-2 Juventus

Pjanic pens 44, 50 (J)

Valencia: Neto; Ruben Vezo (Cheryshev 57), Murillo, Gabriel Paulista, Gaya; Soler, Parejo, Wass, Goncalo Guedes (Gameiro 70); Rodrigo, Batshuayi (Santi Mina 70)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Emre Can 22), Pjanic (Douglas Costa 66) (Rugani 89), Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Brych (GER)

Sent off: Ronaldo 29 (J)

Saved penalty: Parejo 96 (V)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Bonucci: 'Juve stronger than obstacles'

215846939-53ee0cae-f8e9-4aab-b73a-e283fb

https://www.football-italia.net/128216/bonucci-juve-stronger-obstacles

Sep 19, 2018

Leonardo Bonucci stood by Cristiano Ronaldo after the odd red card against Valencia, but Juventus “proved we are a great team despite the obstacles.”

The Bianconeri were down to 10 men after a very harsh Ronaldo dismissal, but still emerged 2-0 at the Mestalla thanks to a pair of Miralem Pjanic penalties.

“We proved that we are a team, a great team, despite the obstacles that were presented during the game,” the defender told Sky Sport Italia.

“We brought home a victory that is fundamental for the whole season.”

The turning point inevitably came after 29 minutes, when Cristiano Ronaldo was sent off for seemingly tugging Jeison Murillo’s hair.

“As far as I could see, it was a pretty normal clash. Murillo put his hands on Ronaldo first, he reacted, but these things can happen and we must be stronger than everyone and everything.

“Ronaldo was angry, of course. The referee saw what he saw – not very well – and we overcame the obstacles.

“We must continue being a team and personally I’ll keep trying to give my best on the field and off it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Ronaldo's sister: 'High price for tears'

223910113-53d13ec8-41aa-4862-84b6-3e7e65

https://www.football-italia.net/128221/ronaldos-sister-high-price-tears

Sep 19, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s sister said the red card was “the shame of football. They want to destroy my brother and will pay a high price for these tears.”

The Juventus star was shown a straight red card early into tonight’s 2-0 Champions League victory away to Valencia.

Video evidence suggests he barely touched Jeison Murillo’s head, but was sent off for tugging the hair in an off the ball incident.

As there is no VAR in the Champions League, German referee Felix Brych had to rely on his goal-line assistant.

Ronaldo was distraught, leaving the field in tears, and his sister Katie Aveiro unleashed a tirade on Instagram.

“The shame of football. Justice will be served,” she wrote.

“They want to destroy my brother, but God never sleeps.

“There will be a high price for these tears. They want to bring you down, but they won’t succeed.”

It now remains to be seen how long the ban will be.

Just one game would rule Ronaldo out of the Young Boys fixture, but two risks ruining the 'homecoming' to Old Trafford against Manchester United.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Allegri: 'Ronaldo needed VAR'

221351460-f5754728-d5a2-426d-9b76-8629f4

https://www.football-italia.net/128218/allegri-ronaldo-needed-var

Sep 19, 2018

Juventus Coach Max Allegri believes Cristiano Ronaldo’s controversial red card in Valencia is further proof the Champions League needs VAR.

“The lads did really well, as we had numerous chances even before Ronaldo’s dismissal, then we deservedly took the lead,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-0 victory.

“It was only natural that towards the end we allowed Valencia some more room, but Szczesny didn’t really have a save until the penalty in stoppages.

“Naturally, the tension rose even further with the red card. It’s not easy to play here, as Valencia are aggressive, the atmosphere is passionate and the lads above all did well to contain Valencia’s attacks.”

After Ronaldo’s red card, Allegri did not make a substitution, rather rearranging the players he had on the field.

“We were playing without an extra forward, so nothing changed. The one thing we should’ve done better was finding Blaise Matuidi between the lines, as he should’ve then drawn Mandzukic forward and Alex Sandro with him.”

The talking point inevitably is the Ronaldo straight red card, dictated by the goal-line referee after he seemed to slightly tug Jeison Murillo’s hair.

“I can only say that VAR would’ve helped the referee in this decision. Going down to 10 men in the Champions League for an incident like that is disappointing. We risked losing tonight with this and we’ll miss him for the next games too.”

Federico Bernardeschi had an excellent performance and provided several dangerous crosses.

“I was in trouble after last night’s training session, as everyone was in good shape. The only one I wasn’t going to start was Douglas Costa, as when something like that happens on Sunday (the red card for a spitting incident and consequent four-match ban), you get tense and risk hurting yourself.

“Bernardeschi has become a real Juventus player and one worthy of the big games in a short period of time. He has grown so much in his maturity and technique, so I have no qualms now about playing him even in the biggest fixtures.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Ref didn't see Ronaldo incident

Risultati immagini per brych e fritz

https://www.football-italia.net/128225/ref-didnt-see-ronaldo-incident

Sep 19, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo was controversially sent off in the Champions League, but it remains to be seen how long the Juventus star will be banned for.

The Ballon d’Or winner was distraught at the red card just 29 minutes into tonight’s game against Valencia, which Juve eventually won 2-0.

He seemed to lightly tug or ruffle Jeison Murillo’s hair in an off the ball incident after the pair clashed.

German referee Felix Brych did not see the incident, but was called over by his goal-line assistant Marco Fritz.

Sky Sport Italia analysed the footage and with lip-reading found that Fritz told Brych there was a tug of the hair, so the referee twice asked if it was a red card offence and twice Fritz replied in the affirmative.

This could prove decisive with regards to the extent of the ban, because the referee cannot write in his report that he saw violent conduct, only that it was passed on to him.

There is no VAR in the Champions League and Ronaldo will receive an automatic one-match ban with no right of appeal, but it could be worse.

It depends on how UEFA decide to view the incident and violent conduct would mean a three-match ban.

Juve’s fixture list in the Champions League has them up against Swiss side Young Boys on October 2, but after that are the trip to Manchester United on October 23 and hosting Jose Mourinho’s side on November 7.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

VALENCIA - JUVENTUS

Juventus fury with Brych

Risultati immagini per nedved ha provato a parlare con brych

https://www.football-italia.net/128228/juventus-fury-brych

Sep 20, 2018

Juventus Vice-President Pavel Nedved reportedly tried to confront referee Felix Brych, after he sent off Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese forward was controversially shown a red card after a clash with Jeison Murillo in the win over Valencia, with replays showing he may have slightly scratched the defender’s scalp.

CR7 was so shocked to be dismissed that he burst into tears, and as he walked off Nedved was seen comforting him.

According to Marca, the Czech legend was absolutely furious with the referee, and he and two other directors attempted to confront the official at half-time.

However, Brych and his assistants went straight to their dressing room without answering the protests of the Juve delegation.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

..frosinone-128x128.png             .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 

5th Matchday

Sunday, september 23rd 2018 - 8:30 p.m. CET 

7.30 p.m. UK time - 6.30 p.m. GMT
Benito Stirpe Stadium, Frosinone
Referee: Piero Giacomelli

Allegri: 'Dybala against Frosinone'

https://www.football-italia.net/128323/allegri-dybala-against-frosinone

Sep 22, 2018

Max Allegri confirmed Paulo Dybala will start against Frosinone and could return Juventus to three at the back amid an injury crisis.

It kicks off on Sunday at 20.30 CET - 19.30 UK time (18.30 GMT).

The Bianconeri have a perfect start in Serie A and opened the Champions League with a 2-0 victory away to Valencia, even though that was overshadowed by Cristiano Ronaldo’s very harsh red card.

“Ronaldo is a wonderful added value for Juventus, as his performances show,” said the Coach in a Press conference.

“However, the team does not depend on him. There are very high expectations around Cristiano and he is also very demanding with himself, but he has nothing to prove. He just needs to play, have fun and score goals. What happened on Wednesday is already behind us.”

As Ronaldo faces at least a one-match ban in the Champions League, he’ll focus all his energy on Serie A for the next three rounds against Frosinone, Bologna and Napoli.

“I can confirm Dybala will start tomorrow. He is an important player, there are goals in those legs and he could also play as a centre-forward, although I’d have to make some adjustments. The team is improving in general and getting to know each other better.

“It is possible we could go to three at the back. If it is three, then one of Alex Sandro, Joao Cancelo and Juan Cuadrado will be rested. If we have four at the back, they could all be out there.

“Football is beautiful even when there aren’t many goals, because defence is part of the sport and, if it’s done well, looks magnificent.

“Frosinone and Bologna are both teams who will play the game of a lifetime against us, so we have to step it up. Focus is crucial, because there is the risk of too much positive energy after the Valencia win.”

Allegri confirmed that goalkeeper Mattia Perin will make his Juventus debut in Wednesday’s midweek round against Bologna.

Douglas Costa is both suspended for four Serie A rounds and injured following his spit at Sassuolo winger Federico Di Francesco.

“He paid his fine, he understood everything and what’s more is also now injured. That is behind us now, so no more talking about Sassuolo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

5th Matchday

Ronaldo earns three times Frosinone

https://www.football-italia.net/128320/ronaldo-earns-three-times-frosinone

Sep 23, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo alone earns three times as much as the entire Frosinone squad, who Juventus will face on Sunday.

It kicks off on Sunday at 20.30 CET - 19.30 UK time (18.30 GMT).

Ahead of this match, it has been calculated that Ronaldo’s salary dwarfs the entire wage budget of the opposition team.

The Ballon d’Or winner has a contract reportedly worth €31m net per year from Juve, not including various sponsorships and bonuses.

Frosinone’s entire salary bill for this season is just €11m net – a third of Ronaldo’s pay-packet.

The highest-earner in the Canarini squad is Costa Rica international Joel Campbell, who picks up €850,000 per season.

In comparison, Ronaldo gets €646,000 per week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

5th Matchday

HT 0-0: Frosinone frustrate Juventus

DnzURNWWsAIfD-n.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/128388/ht-frosinone-frustrate-juventus

Sep 23, 2018

A goal-line clearance denied Cristiano Ronaldo, but Frosinone have been impressive in the first half against Juventus.

The Bianconeri wanted to maintain their 100 per cent record, but there were also some other elements motivating certain players at the Stadio Benito Stirpe. Cristiano Ronaldo was desperate to shake off the anger and frustration after his controversial red card against Valencia, while Paulo Dybala had a rare start and needed to silence the critics. Douglas Costa was suspended, with Daniele Rugani, Emre Can and Rodrigo Bentancur also given chances to shine. Frosinone had suffered some heavy defeats this term already, including 4-0 by Atalanta and 5-0 to Sampdoria, but gave Costa Rica international Joel Campbell his first start.

There was a big chance after just seven minutes, as Marco Sportiello got a hand to Ronaldo’s angled drive from eight yards and then Marco Capuano got back to clear off the line.

Cristian Molinaro risked an own goal with his defensive header, Ronaldo tested Sportiello at the back post and Daniele Rugani acrobatically turned over after a free kick.

Frosinone 0-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Frosinone: Sportiello; Goldaniga, Salamon, Capuano; Zampano, Chibsah, Maiello, Hallfredsson, Molinaro; Campbell, Perica

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Bentancur; Dybala; Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Giacomelli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

...     ..        frosinone-128x128.png          0-2    .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

Federico Bernardeschi 94' 

5th Matchday

FT 0-2: Ronaldo finally breaks Frosinone

DnzkWJ0W0AAIFs0.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125107

Sep 23, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo was denied by a goal-line clearance, but finally broke Frosinone down in the final minutes and helped set up Federico Bernardeschi.

The Bianconeri wanted to maintain their 100 per cent record, but there were also some other elements motivating certain players at the Stadio Benito Stirpe. Cristiano Ronaldo was desperate to shake off the anger and frustration after his controversial red card against Valencia, while Paulo Dybala had a rare start and needed to silence the critics. Douglas Costa was suspended, with Daniele Rugani, Emre Can and Rodrigo Bentancur also given chances to shine. Frosinone had suffered some heavy defeats this term already, including 4-0 by Atalanta and 5-0 to Sampdoria, but gave Costa Rica international Joel Campbell his first start.

There was a big chance after just seven minutes, as Marco Sportiello got a hand to Ronaldo’s angled drive from eight yards and then Marco Capuano got back to clear off the line.

Cristian Molinaro risked an own goal with his defensive header, Ronaldo tested Sportiello at the back post and Daniele Rugani acrobatically turned over after a free kick.

Maiello went off with a calf injury at the dawn of the second half, while substitute Federico Bernardeschi chested down a Giorgio Chiellini cross only for Ronaldo to horribly shin the finish.

Another Ronaldo attempt was a back-heel flick, but Sportiello was alert and smothered at his feet. Bernardeschi made an impact off the bench, floating his cross to the far post for Cuadrado to volley over.

Alex Sandro’s shot flashed across the face of goal and there were some timid penalty appeals for handball, but Mandzukic nodded it on to Molinaro’s arm from close range.

The breakthrough came nine minutes from time, as a scuffed Pjanic attempt ricocheted into the path of Ronaldo, who fired in from 10 yards. He was being kept level by Bartosz Salamon, as confirmed by VAR.

Frosinone poured forward to find an equaliser, but this left gaps at the back and Juve took advantage. Ronaldo went on the counter, Bernardeschi stopped the Pjanic cross dead with a great first touch, cut inside the defender and hit the finish with such power that Sportiello couldn't keep it out of the near bottom corner.

Frosinone: Sportiello; Goldaniga, Salamon, Capuano; Zampano, Chibsah, Maiello (Crisetig 48), Hallfredsson (Cassata 85), Molinaro; Campbell (Ciano 71), Perica

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado (Cancelo 69), Rugani, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Bentancur (Bentancur 56); Dybala; Mandzukic (Matuidi 85), Ronaldo

Ref: Giacomelli

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

...     ..        frosinone-128x128.png          0-2    .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

5th Matchday

Allegri: 'Juve required patience'

Juventus, Allegri: «Continuiamo a spingere sull'acceleratore»

https://www.football-italia.net/128391/allegri-juve-required-patience

Sep 23, 2018

Max Allegri expected Frosinone to frustrate Juventus and explained some of his tactical decisions to break them down.

It was a hard-fought 2-0 victory at the Stadio Benito Stirpe, decided in the final 10 minutes by Cristiano Ronaldo and Federico Bernardeschi.

“We expected it to be like this. Frosinone had conceded five to Sampdoria and we played down to 10 men for 70 minutes against Valencia on Wednesday,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We just needed to have patience and after many shots, crosses and passes, we found the breakthrough.”

Allegri rested Blaise Matuidi, Joao Cancelo and Sami Khedira, using Emre Can in midfield.

“The idea was to give width, but that wasn’t happening, so I put Miralem Pjanic further forward for Emre Can to cover the defence and push Juan Cuadrado further up.

“Federico Bernardeschi then came on very well, we held the ball in more dangerous areas and eventually got the goals we needed.

“With Emre Can in front of the defence, you can afford two midfielders with more quality.”

Paulo Dybala was given a rare start, but again failed to make much of an impact.

“He needs to play. I’ve said since he arrived that his best physical quality is his running, so he needs to play and to move. He had some good moves today, controlling on the edge of the box where there was traffic, but he needs to run at defenders and he’ll do that once his fitness levels improve.

“Dybala has no need to feel this performance anxiety. You can be the best player in the world, but if you’re not at 100 per cent mentally, the others will get to the ball faster. Mario Mandzukic is always first to the ball, but today he was a little less sharp because of fatigue, it’s natural.”

Juve are the only side with a 100 per cent record, with Napoli in second, Sassuolo and Fiorentina joint third.

“Napoli had over 90 points last season, so of course it’s natural they’d still be doing well, especially after bringing in a talented and experienced Coach.

“The others are a little far behind, so we right now need to step on the gas and create a gap before we have the head-to-head clashes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

FROSINONE - JUVENTUS

...     ..        frosinone-128x128.png          0-2    .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

5th Matchday

Chiellini: 'Best Juve of last eight years'

Risultati immagini per frosinone juventus 0-2 23 settembre 2018 chiellini

https://www.football-italia.net/128394/chiellini-best-juve-last-eight-years

Sep 23, 2018

Giorgio Chiellini believes this is “certainly the strongest of the last eight years,” but not necessarily the best ever Juventus squad.

The Bianconeri took until the 81st minute to finally break through against Frosinone, eventually winning 2-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo and Federico Bernardeschi.

“We played with focus, sharpness and concentration. These are difficult matches, as against teams that clam up you can start to get hasty or make stupid fouls,” the captain told Sky Sport Italia.

“With the quality that we’ve got, it’s unlikely we’ll fail to score over 90 minutes, so we just have to keep plugging away and wait for the moment.

“Nobody expected anything different from Cristiano Ronaldo and his goals are the least of our problems. He was unlucky with the red card on Wednesday (against Valencia in the Champions League), but will always be decisive for us.

“I’m not surprised by Bernardeschi’s progress either, as he is destined to be increasingly crucial for Juventus. I thought Paulo Dybala was fundamental tonight, as he earned a lot of free kicks and gave us some breathing room. If he works with this attitude, he’s better than a year ago.”

Chiellini was asked where Juventus keep finding the motivation and hunger after seven consecutive Serie A titles.

“I had great teachers like Fabio Cannavaro, Andrea Pirlo, Alessandro Del Piero and Gigi Buffon. Their desire to improve in every training session, to make the game yours, that’s the real secret.”

Is this current incarnation the best Juventus there has ever been?

“I’ve had the pleasure of playing in defence with Lilian Thuram and Cannavaro. I watched the Juventus of Ciro Ferrara and Paolo Montero, even going back to Claudio Gentile and Gaetano Scirea. Football has evolved, you can’t compare with the past.

“What I can say is that we are certainly the strongest we’ve been over the last eight years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

...      .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 bologna-128x128.png               

6th Matchday

Wednesday, september 26th 2018 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

Allianz Stadium, Turin
Referee: Maurizio Mariani

Allegri: ‘Ronaldo and Dybala will play. Juventus have to win’

https://www.football-italia.net/128447/allegri-‘ronaldo-and-dybala-will-play’

https://www.football-italia.net/128448/allegri-‘juventus-have-win’

Sep 25, 2018

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri confirms Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala will both play against Bologna tomorrow.

The Bianconeri have a busy schedule coming up, with Napoli to come on Saturday evening before Young Boys visit the Old Lady in the Champions League.

In recent seasons with Real Madrid, CR7 was rested at the beginning of the season to be in ideal condition for the latter stages of European competition, but he’ll be available tomorrow.

“He won’t be there against Young Boys on Tuesday,” Allegri pointed out, with Ronaldo suspended for his red card against Valencia.

“We’re at the start of the season, he’s fine physically and he needs to keep playing and scoring, so he’ll play tomorrow.

“Dybala? Yes, he’ll play. The day before yesterday he had a good game, he gets judged on his goals alone but he was good against Frosinone. He needs to play.

“[Mattia] Perin will play tomorrow, [Giorgio] Chiellini will rest and the doubt is Alex [Sandro]. If he doesn’t play then it’ll be [Juan] Cuadrado on the right and [Joao] Cancelo on the left… unless I play [Federico] Bernardeschi on the left.

"Andrea Barzagli has completely recovered and could play from the start. Old horses don't need to train, when they need to run you just put them on the turf and they run!

"If Barzagli plays we could play with a back-three, if he doesn't it could be four. I have to evaluate the conditions of Cuadrado, Alex Sandro and Cancelo, and I need to keep some changes from the bench in reserve or I'll have no changes to make.

"Leonardo Spinazzola? He's good, and we can slowly reintegrate him with the squad.

“As for Moise Kean, I had him in mind for Frosinone on Sunday, in fact he was about to come on when we scored and I changed it. Tomorrow is a possibility for him.

“I could play Dybala and Ronaldo together, or I could put someone else up there too and in that case it’d be Kean, because he’s a player worthy of Juventus in every respect.”

Rodrigo Bentancur played on Sunday, but the Uruguayan was subbed early in the second half and his performance drew criticism from fans and the media.

“Tomorrow he has a good chance of playing, then we’ll see about the others. [Blaise] Matuidi will be back, so I’ll have to choose one of Emre Can or Matuidi.

“He [Bentancur] had a good match in tight spaces the other night, but he has to be more decisive when he shoots or when he gets forward.

“He has important qualities, but he needs to have more belief in what he can do. He needs to be getting some goals and some assists, and he can only do that if he relaxes and plays more freely.”

There has been much talk this season of using Bernardeschi as a mezzala, could that happen tomorrow?

“The other day he was playing as a mezzala, because we needed a player like that in that part of the pitch,” Allegri pointed out.

“In Valencia he was useful on the wing in the defensive and attacking phase. He’s improved a lot and the credit all goes to him because as soon as he arrived he knew that to be in a great team meant improving in every regard.”

Massimiliano Allegri warns Juventus “have to win” against Bologna tomorrow, not least because they face Napoli at the weekend.

The Bianconeri have taken maximum points from their first five Serie A games, but the Coach won’t allow any slip-ups tomorrow.

“Juve have to get used to winning continuously,” Allegri said in his pre-match Press conference.

“There are matches like Frosinone, others are more open and tomorrow maybe we’ll score early and it’ll be a totally different game.

“The more the Frosinone game went on the deeper they dropped, and the more chances we had. The team played a good game, especially in the second half where we were more lucid and worked the ball into the box more, where the opponent can’t commit fouls and you have the advantage.

“Tomorrow we have to win, because we need to get to the head-to-head game [with Napoli] with at least three points’ advantage.

“We’re facing a Bologna team that beat Roma clearly, and in the games they’ve lost it’s always been 1-0.

“They got one 0-0 and in the game against Inter they may have lost 3-0, but they conceded goals in the final minutes.

“They know how to suffer and stay in the game, and [Filippo] Inzaghi is really good in that sense, but we have to win.

“The mental aspect is important, we can’t take this lightly. We need to play like in Frosinone, where the team played in a mature and responsible manner.

“There are times when you’ll score more in the second half and times where you unlock the game immediately. Seasons are like that, and it all balances out.

“The team has been improving physically in the second half and that’s important for our season, because obviously when the other team is starting to tire you’ll have more chance of scoring.”

Yesterday was the FIFA World Football Awards, and Argentina captain Lionel Messi voted for Allegri as Coach of the Year, behind Ernesto Valverde and Pep Guardiola.

“I didn’t know that, I’m finding out about it now. I’m happy. [Didier] Deschamps rightly won the prize yesterday, because he won the World Cup.

“I’d also like to compliment [Beppe] Marotta, because he was given the prize for the best general manager in Europe.

“It was a beautiful day and we’re sorry we couldn’t attend, but we have these matches so close together.”

Before Frosinone, the Old Lady had two red cards in two matches…

“That doesn’t mean we’ll now get a red card every Sunday,” Allegri said.

“These moments always happen, in every season. In Frosinone we stopped that run.

“We all saw the red card [for Ronaldo] in Spain, Douglas Costa was rightly given a four game ban. We all have to be lucid, because it’s easier to finish a game with 11 men.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

...      .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                 bologna-128x128.png               

6th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Barzagli back for Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/128475/barzagli-back-juventus

Sep 25, 2018

Andrea Barzagli is back in the Juventus squad to take on Bologna tomorrow evening, while Mattia Perin will start.

It kicks off on Wednesday at 21.00 CET - 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

Veteran defender Barzagli is included after shaking off an injury and could even be in the starting XI.

Coach Max Allegri has already confirmed goalkeeper Perin will get his competitive debut since the move from Genoa.

Douglas Costa is suspended, with Sami Khedira, Mattia De Sciglio and long-term absentee Leonardo Spinazzola sidelined.

Despite suggestions he could feature, Moise Kean is not even in the squad after suffering an allergic reaction.

Juventus squad for Bologna: Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio; Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Cancelo, Rugani; Pjanic, Cuadrado, Matuidi, Emre Can, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

...      .. 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png          2-0     bologna-128x128.png       

Paulo Dybala 11'

Blaise Matuidi 16'       

6th Matchday

Allianz Stadium, Turin

Dybala ends drought with Bologna

Juventus-Bologna 2-0: Dybala-Matuidi, Allegri fa sei su sei

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125119

Sep 26, 2018

Paulo Dybala got his first goal of the season and Cristiano Ronaldo assisted Blaise Matuidi, as Juventus made short work of Bologna.

The Bianconeri had a 100 per cent record in all competition, so were seeking a seventh consecutive victory. Mattia Perin made his debut and Andrea Barzagli returned from injury, as Max Allegri rotated both squad and system to a 3-5-2, but Douglas Costa was suspended with Sami Khedira, Mattia De Sciglio, Moise Kean and Leonardo Spinazzola siedelined. Pippo Inzaghi’s side hadn’t scored a single goal before beating Roma 2-0 at the weekend, but missed Andrea Poli, Rodrigo Palacio, Godfred Donsah, Filip Helander and banned Erick Pulgar.

The last time Bologna beat Juventus was a 2-0 success in Turin in February 2011, followed by three draws and 10 defeats, home and away in all competition.

Paulo Dybala broke his goal drought with a well-worked move. Dybala hooked a long Leonardo Bonucci ball over the top, set up Blaise Matuidi for a shot parried by Lukasz Skorupski, but could do nothing on La Joya’s acrobatic volley follow-up.

Matuidi did get his goal eventually, as Dybala’s cross found Cristiano Ronaldo at the back post, knocking it back across the face of goal for the Frenchman to smash under the bar from a tight angle.

Ronaldo’s fierce attempt was beaten away by Skorupski at the near post, while Bologna’s only real chances were from Diego Falcinelli.

Penalty appeals were waved away for a Blerim Dzemaili handling offence considered to be involuntary and Skorupski flew to fingertip a Cancelo curler round the far post.

Miralem Pjanic risked a second yellow on a couple of occasions, so Max Allegri wisely removed him from the fray. Perin had precious little to do on his Juventus debut, plucking a Ladislav Krejci free kick out of the air.

It was almost 3-0 in stoppages, but Skorupski parried the Emre Can effort.

Juventus: Perin; Barzagli (Alex Sandro 85), Bonucci, Benatia; Cuadrado (Bernardeschi 76), Bentancur, Pjanic (Emre Can 63), Matuidi, Cancelo; Dybala, Ronaldo

Bologna: Skorupski; Calabresi, Danilo, Paz; Mbaye, Nagy, Dzemaili, Krejci, Dijks (Orsolini 86); Falcinelli (Okwonkwo 68), Destro (Santander 68)

Ref: Mariani

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti