Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Cristiano Ronaldo

130548 messaggi

Home

‘Ronaldo foolish to leave Madrid’

https://www.football-italia.net/124220/ronaldo-foolish-leave-madrid

Jul 9, 2018

Former Real Madrid man Jorge Valdano claims Cristiano Ronaldo ‘stands to lose more’ than Los Blancos if he joins Juventus.

Ronaldo continues to be heavily linked with Juve, but Valdano – who ended his playing career with Madrid in the 1980s, before becoming their Coach, sporting director and general manager – warned the No 7 would be foolish to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.

“Leaving Real Madrid isn’t a smart decision,” the Argentine told Onda Cero.

“I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a very clever person, but if the Portuguese was to leave, he would stand to lose more than Real Madrid.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

‘Ronaldo will attract other champions’

https://www.football-italia.net/124215/ronaldo-will-attract-other-champions

Jul 9, 2018

Former Juventus Coach Marcello Lippi expects Cristiano Ronaldo to ‘attract other champions’ to the Scudetto holders.

Ronaldo’s proposed transfer to Juve appears to be growing ever closer, and Lippi believes the Real Madrid superstar will let his former club move up a level.

“There are some intelligent players at Juve, and they know very well that Ronaldo can’t be signed like other players,” he told Radio Anch’io Sport.

“The economic aspect [of his transfer] becomes the last of the problems. He’ll play at great levels for another 3-4 years, so we must be happy about that.

“If he arrives, he’ll also attract other champions. Where will he play? He’s a forward and has an exceptional success rate in front of goal.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Mendes presents Juventus offer

https://www.football-italia.net/124237/mendes-presents-juventus-offer

Jul 9, 2018

Reports in Spain suggest Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes has officially informed Real Madrid of Juventus’ bid for his client.

There is a gentleman’s agreement that CR7 will be allowed to leave for €100m, as long as it’s not to a direct rival.

The Bianconeri are ready to take advantage of that, having already agreed on a contract with the Portuguese superstar.

All that remains to be seen is whether Merengues President Florentino Perez will respect the agreement, which isn’t legally binding.

According to El Chiringuito, Mendes has officially presented the Juve offer to Perez, who must now either accept it or turn it down.

If it’s accepted, Ronaldo can fly to Turin to complete his move to the Old Lady.

Meanwhile, Cadena Cope reports that CR7 has already spoken with Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri, with the Bianconeri hoping to close the deal in the next week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Buffon ‘happy’ if CR7 joins Juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/124238/buffon-‘happy’-if-cr7-joins-juventus

Jul 9, 2018

Gianluigi Buffon would be ‘happy for Juventus and the fans’ if Cristiano Ronaldo signs from Real Madrid.

The Bianconeri legend left at the end of his contract, and was today officially presented as a Paris Saint-Germain player.

Sky Italia asked the 40-year-old if he would be irritated should his former club pull off the signing of one of the world’s greatest players.

“No, if anything bothers me it’s the goals he scored against me last year,” Buffon smiled.

“If this transfer were to materialise, I’d be happy for the club and the fans.

“It would make me happy because that’s what the Juventus world needs, to find new players and hail them.

"Juventus-PSG in the Champions League final? That would be too much!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Allegri calls CR7

https://www.football-italia.net/124249/allegri-calls-cr7

Jul 9, 2018

Reports in Italy back those in Spain stating that Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri has spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo by phone.

It was reported yesterday that the pair had exchanged a brief greeting, as the Bianconeri look to complete a €100m deal for the Real Madrid superstar.

Now Gazzetta dello Sport is also reporting that a telephone exchange took place last week, with the pair holding a brief but friendly conversation in English.

Things couldn’t go any further given that a deal has still not been agreed, but the exchange is being taken as a positive sign.

Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, is expected to meet with Real Madrid today to understand if they’ll respect the gentleman’s agreement which allows his client to leave for €100m if it’s not to a direct rival.

There have been reports that Madrid President Florentino Perez will demand €130-150m, as the agreement is not legally binding, but Mendes is confident Juve will ‘only’ have to spend €100m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

OFFICIAL: JUVENTUS SIGN RONALDO!

Juventus-Ronaldo, è fatta. Al Real Madrid 105 milioni

https://www.football-italia.net/124268/official-juventus-sign-ronaldo

Jul 10, 2018

Juventus have officially agreedd the signing of Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo for a Serie A record fee of €105m.

Rumours began to emerge late last month that the Bianconeri were interested in signing the Portuguese, and while they were initially dismissed the story quickly gained traction.

It quickly became clear that a deal was possible, with Ronaldo agreeing on a €30m per season contract, which is expected to be partly financed by sponsorships.

Today CR7’s agent Jorge Mendes met with Real Madrid to hear whether the Old Lady’s offer had been accepted, while President Andrea Agnelli flew to Greece to greet the Ballon d’Or at his holiday resort.

Now it has sensationally been confirmed that Ronaldo will sign for Juventus, in the most expensive transfer in Serie A history.

Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in 2009, and incredibly has more goals than games played, having made 438 appearances and scored 450 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: 'Time for a new era'

Risultati immagini per cristiano ronaldo juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/124268/official-juventus-sign-ronaldo

Jul 10, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo wrote an open letter on the Real Madrid website after announcing his €105m transfer to Juventus. “The time has come for a new era.”

The shock move happened very quickly and he is expected to have his medical over the next few days.

“These years in Real Madrid, and in this city of Madrid, have been possibly the happiest of my life,” wrote the Portugal international after nine years at the Bernabeu.

“I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for these fans and for this city. I can only thank all of them for the love and affection I have received. 

“However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept a transfer. I feel that way and I ask everyone, and especially our followers, to please understand me. 

“They have been absolutely wonderful for nine years. They have been nine unique years. It has been an exciting time for me, full of respect, but also hard because Real Madrid is very demanding, but I will never forget that I have enjoyed football here in a unique way. 

“I have had fabulous teammates on the field and in the dressing room, I have felt the warmth of an incredible crowd and together we have won three Champions Leagues in a row and four Champions in five years. And with them also, on an individual level, I have the satisfaction of having won four Ballon d’Or and three Gold Boots. All during my time in this immense and extraordinary club.

“Real Madrid has conquered my heart, and that of my family, and that is why more than ever I want to say thank you: thanks to the club, the President, the directors, my colleagues, all the technicians, doctors, physios and incredible workers that make everything work and that are looking after every detail tirelessly. 

“Thank you infinitely once more to our fans and thanks also to Spanish Football. During these nine exciting years I have had great players in front of me. My respect and my recognition is for all of them. 

“I have reflected a lot and I know that the time has come for a new era. I'm leaving, but this shirt, this shield and the Santiago Bernabeu will continue to always feel mine wherever I am.

“Thanks to all and, of course, as I said that first time in our stadium nine years ago: Hala Madrid!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo and Agnelli toast to Juve

Juventus-Ronaldo, è ufficiale. Al Real Madrid 100 milioni

https://www.football-italia.net/124290/ronaldo-and-agnelli-toast-juve

Jul 10, 2018

A picture has emerged of Cristiano Ronaldo and his entourage toasting the Juventus transfer with President Andrea Agnelli.

The photograph was taken during today’s crunch meeting in Greece, as Agnelli flew out via private jet to Kalamata, where CR7 is currently on vacation.

Ronaldo is expected in Turin on Sunday evening, to have his presentation Press conference on Monday.

There are reports he could also have an event with fans at the Juventus Stadium.

The deal is the most expensive ever for a Serie A player, at a cost of €100m plus €12m in formation payments.

Image via @sergiolpereira

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

A Ronaldo shirt every minute

https://www.football-italia.net/124328/ronaldo-shirt-every-minute

Jul 11, 2018

Juventus are selling an average of one Cristiano Ronaldo jersey every minute from their store in Milan.

The transfer cost over €100m and he’ll be paid €30m per year net, but is also set to bring in massive revenue streams.

According to TuttoJuve, there are huge queues outside the Juventus Store in Milan, especially as the online site crashed once the shirt first went on sale yesterday and has barely recovered.

It’s reported the Bianconeri are selling on average one Cristiano Ronaldo jersey every minute since the store opened at 10am local time.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Mendes ‘Juventus is Ronaldo’s last club’

https://www.football-italia.net/124326/‘juventus-ronaldo’s-last-club’

Jul 11, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes says “Juventus will be his last club” and is “glad he made this decision”.

The Bianconeri officially confirmed yesterday that they’ve signed the current Ballon d’Or in a €100m move from Real Madrid, with the Portuguese signing a four-year contract.

“I’m very happy for Cristiano,” Mendes told Sport.

“Juventus will be his last club and I’m glad he made this decision. With this team he’ll close out his marvellous career.

“I thank [President] Andrea Agnelli in particular for his determination and his willingness to negotiate with Real Madrid, and I also thank [general manager] Beppe Marotta for his professionalism.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Cuadrado 7 to Cristiano Ronaldo

https://www.football-italia.net/124337/cuadrado-7-cristiano-ronaldo

Jul 11, 2018

Juan Cuadrado has given up his Juventus Number 7 jersey for new arrival Cristiano Ronaldo. “It is better to give than to receive. Blessings on this shirt.”

The decision had been inevitable, as CR7 is a whole brand, but the Colombia international handed over the Bianconeri baton via social media.

“It is better to give than to receive. Blessings on this shirt Ronaldo for this new adventure.”

View image on Twitter

Más bienaventurado es dar que recibir; bendiciones  Panita @cristiano en esta nueva aventura #FinoAllaFine #ForzaJuve

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Giggs: ‘Messi behind Ronaldo move’

https://www.football-italia.net/124324/giggs-‘messi-behind-ronaldo-move’

Jul 11, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s former teammate Ryan Giggs believes his move to Juventus may be down to him being “obsessed with being better than Lionel Messi”.

The Portuguese superstar has signed in a €100m deal from Real Madrid, signing a four year contract with the Bianconeri.

“I'm surprised that he would leave Real Madrid and go to Italy,” Giggs told ITV Sport.

“I think it's a big challenge for him but he's going to a huge club. Having that on your CV... Real Madrid, Man United and Juventus. It's some CV.

“He's obsessed with being better than Messi. He has that now that: ‘I did it in England, I did it in Spain, I'm going to do it in Italy... and I did it with Portugal’.

“So maybe that will be his argument when people ask: ‘Is Ronaldo better than Messi?’.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Juventus plan Ronaldo presentation

https://www.football-italia.net/124356/juventus-plan-ronaldo-presentation

Jul 12, 2018

Juventus will open the Allianz Stadium to fans for Cristiano Ronaldo’s presentation on Monday, with a full day of celebration planned.

The Portuguese superstar has signed for the Bianconeri in a €100m deal, and will arrive at the beginning of next week for routine medical checks and a presentation.

According to this morning’s Gazzetta dello Sport, the club is planning a full day of celebration, for which the schedule still hasn’t been defined in full.

Today further meetings will take place with the police to assure public order, but what is certain is that the stadium will be opened to fans.

This will be the first time such an event has occurred since the Juventus Stadium was opened in 2012, and is expected to sell out.

Police will be on hand at the J-Medical facility to assure safety and order when Ronaldo arrives for his medical.

After speaking to the media CR7 is expected to address the fans, after which he may fly back to his holiday in Greece.

However, a luxury hotel has been booked in the centre of Turin should the Portuguese wish to stay overnight.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Juventus cancel Ronaldo party?

https://www.football-italia.net/124376/juventus-cancel-ronaldo-party

Jul 12, 2018

Juventus have reportedly changed their mind about opening up the Allianz Stadium for Cristiano Ronaldo’s presentation on Monday.

The Portuguese has signed for the club in a €100m transfer from Real Madrid, and will arrive in Turin next week.

Today’s Gazzetta dello Sport reported that he would be presented at the stadium, but now the newspaper says some “practical difficulties” will prevent that.

While the local police assured they could manage the event, it appears that there simply wasn’t enough time to put everything in place.

Police will also have to be deployed to Caselle airport, the J-Medical facility and the Continassa headquarters to manage what is expected to be a huge crowd of fans who will welcome CR7.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo joins Juventus July 30

https://www.football-italia.net/124365/ronaldo-joins-juventus-july-30

Jul 12, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to join up with the Juventus squad on July 30, in the midst of their pre-season tour of the USA.

The Portuguese superstar has joined the Bianconeri on a four-year contract, and will be presented at the Allianz Stadium on Monday.

Given that CR7 was involved in the World Cup though he has been granted extra time off, so he’ll return to his holiday after greeting the fans in Turin.

Juve face Bayern Munich and Benfica in the International Champions Cup on July 26 and July 28, but SportMediaset reports that Ronaldo will not feature in those games.

Instead he will join up with the squad on July 30, in time to face the MLS All Stars in Atlanta on August 2.

Two days after that, Juventus face his former club Real Madrid in Maryland.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Marotta: ‘Ronaldo signing a team game’

https://www.football-italia.net/124369/‘ronaldo-signing-team-game’

Jul 12, 2018

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta calls the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo “a team game”.

The Bianconeri this week completed a sensational €100m transfer for the Portuguese superstar, who has joined from Real Madrid on a four year contract.

“It all started when we were negotiating with Joao Cancelo, who has the same agent as Ronaldo [Jorge Mendes],” Marotta told Corriere della Sera.

“Cristiano Ronaldo was the first one to believe in this, he chose Juventus and when we realised we could seize this opportunity the club’s shareholders agreed and supported the transfer.

“It was a team game.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Calderon: 'Ronaldo like Pele'

https://www.football-italia.net/124472/calderon-ronaldo-pele

Jul 14, 2018

Former President Ramon Calderon believes Real Madrid will regret sending Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus. “He is on the same level as Pele.”

The deal was done after nine years in the Merengues jersey for at least €112m.

“It is an unforgivable error that Real Madrid will pay a heavy price for,” Calderon told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“People talk of Kylian Mbappé or Neymar, but they are a long way off Cristiano’s level. It was an historic purchase nine years ago and the €1bn clause showed he was not for sale.”

It’s reported a bust-up with current President Florentino Perez prompted Ronaldo to look elsewhere.

“Perez will pay for this error. Cristiano is the Number 1, so the damage done is enormous. Cristiano turned down the improved contract given to him by Perez lately. The reasons for walking are emotional, buy it’s a great deal for Juve.

“I can see him with other trophies in the cabinet this time next years and will have to give the Champions League serious consideration.

“The cost of the operation is expensive, but will be wiped out by sponsors and advertising money. I’d put Ronaldo on the same level as Alfredo Di Stefano, Pepe and Johann Cruijff.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

ADL: ‘We were offered Ronaldo’

Risultati immagini per CR7 al napoli

https://www.football-italia.net/124517/adl-‘we-were-offered-ronaldo’

Jul 15, 2018

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis insists his club were offered the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

The Portuguese is joining the Partenopei’s Serie A rivals Juventus for a fee of around €100m, following nine years at the Bernabeu.

However, reports yesterday surfaced that the 33-year-old’s initial preference was to move to the San Paolo.

And speaking to La Repubblica, De Laurentiis admitted he had had the opportunity to sign Ronaldo – but, owing to financial reasons, he refused.

“Ronaldo was offered to Napoli. Mendes, his agent, telephoned me,” the film producer confirmed.

“We planned to make an offer and we would have payed CR7 with a percentage of the funds guaranteed by his arrival.

“The €350m [wages included] that Juventus will invest is beyond our reach. We would have risked pushing the club towards bankruptcy.”

Ronaldo has signed a four-year contract with the Old Lady, reportedly on wages of over €500,000 per week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Cristiano Ronaldo arrives for Juventus

184645393-ac381bff-2657-4b3f-8cef-9c6cd9

https://www.football-italia.net/124535/cristiano-ronaldo-arrives-juventus

Jul 15, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo has arrived in Turin to undergo his Juventus medical ahead of tomorrow’s presentation.

The Ballon d’Or winner flew in by private jet to the Caselle Airport in Turin this afternoon.

He will be presented to the media at the Allianz Juventus Stadium on Monday.

A medical is expected at the J-Medical centre tomorrow morning.

Ronaldo timed the arrival to coincide with the 2018 World Cup Final between France and Croatia, so he avoided crowds of fans or journalists.

The transfer from Real Madrid is worth €100m, with his salary set to be €30m per year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo passes Juve medical

https://www.football-italia.net/124568/ronaldo-passes-juve-medical

Jul 16, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo has passed his medical as it emerges Juventus deposited his contract three days ago.

Calciomercato.com reports the conclusion of his medical was indicated by a ‘growing security presence’, with Ronaldo possibly going out to greet fans a second time.

It was also revealed by Lega Serie A’s official website that the Portuguese superstar only officially became a Juve player on July 13.

All that is left for the former Real Madrid attacker is a presentation Press conference at 17:30 BST, after which point he can resume his holidays.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Fiat-Ronaldo strike ‘complete flop’

https://www.football-italia.net/124566/fiat-ronaldo-strike-complete-flop

Jul 16, 2018

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles claims strike action against Juventus’ signing of Cristiano Ronaldo was ‘a complete flop’.

A trade union for FCA workers announced last week that its members would go on strike for two days over Ronaldo’s ‘unacceptable’ €112m transfer to Juve.

It came as some of that fee is likely to be paid through sponsorships by the club’s parent company Exor, which owns the car manufacturer.

However, an FCA spokesperson responded on Monday: “Today in Melfi, like it happened in Pomigliano last Friday, the protest initiatives promoted on the issue of football were a complete flop.

“Only five employees of around 1,700 went on strike. The percentage of those who went on strike was 0.3 percent.

“It is yet more confirmation that the workers in Melfi and Pomigliano understood perfectly that these were exploitative protests promoted by acronyms of no real representativeness or individuals who had the sole intention of gaining publicity for personal purposes.

“The echo of these agitations was enormously disproportionate to the reality of facts, which characterises the worker-company relationship at the two plants."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: ‘I’m not like the others.
Aiming for Champions League’

https://www.football-italia.net/124578/ronaldo-‘i’m-not-others’

https://www.football-italia.net/124579/ronaldo-‘aiming-champions-league’

Jul 16, 2018

New Juventus signing Cristiano Ronaldo insists “I'm different from all the other players who think their career is over at my age”.

The 33-year-old has joined the Bianconeri in a €100m move from Real Madrid, but he isn’t just in Turin to see out his career.

“In my opinion Juventus is one of the best clubs in the world,” Ronaldo said at his presentation Press conference.

“It was a well thought through decision, and my friends and teammates told me for a long time this was a club that would suit me.

“So it was an easy decision given the power and size of the club, it's the biggest club in Italy.

“There are outstanding directors and an outstanding Coach [Max Allegri] and a great President [Andrea Agnelli] who is used to winning, so it wasn't a difficult decision in that sense.

“I enjoy football, I'm still quite young and I've always liked challenges in my life: from Sporting, to Manchester United, to Real to Juventus.

“I'm not sad [about leaving Real Madrid], this is a big club and with all due respect players at this stage of my career usually go to Qatar or China.

“So I'm grateful to Juventus for allowing me to join such a big club.

“My nine years in Madrid were beautiful but this is a brand new step in my life. I thank the supporters with all my heart, but I have to focus on this new challenge.

“I'll try to show that I'm a top player, I'm going to work hard and I'm very ambitious. I don't like to stay in my comfort zone, I like to seize new challenges.

“I know it'll be difficult, but throughout my career I've always had difficult challenges. I don't like to sit and look back at my successes, I want to move forward to new successes.

“I believe in my ability, I believe in my teammates and I'm sure everything will be very successful.

“I'm different from all the other players who think their career is over at my age. I want to show that I'm not like the others. I'm different.

“I feel great. It's a big challenge, it's a tough league but I'll be ready. As I said before, age isn't important, I feel good and motivated. Excited. I'll try to do my best as always and I'm looking forward to trying to do my best and winning every title.”

Cristiano Ronaldo confirms the Champions League is “an objective” for Juventus, pointing out “I’m not here on holiday”.

The Bianconeri have been to the final twice in the past four seasons, but were beaten first by Barcelona and then by CR7’s Real Madrid.

The Portuguese has lifted the trophy five times, and his arrival in Turin is being seen by many as a sign the Old Lady is going all out for the Champions League.

“I know that the Champions League is a trophy that every club would like to win, it's an objective,” Ronaldo said at his presentation today.

“We're going to fight for that and for the Scudetto, and all the other trophies.

“I know the competition will be tough, but we have to be calm and focused because it's not easy to win the Champions League. Of course, I want to try to help.

“Juventus have been one step away from it and couldn't win. Even if you get to the final it's not certain you'll win, but I hope I can be the lucky charm.

“I'm not here on holiday, I want to make history with Juventus.”

Ronaldo won the Champions League last season, and it was after that that he said “it has been nice playing for Real Madrid” - had he already decided to join Juve?

“I hadn't decided in that moment to move to Juventus. Thanks to the President and the top management though, they thought of me and there were many important things.

“I'm in good shape physically, emotionally and mentally and I'm so proud to be here.

“As I’ve said, there are players who think their career is over at 32, 33 or 34 but being able to make this choice shows that I’m different from the others.

“I've had the chance to meet my new Coach, but I'll start training on July 30. I'd like to play my first match in Serie A on August 12 [19], the first match.

“Juventus gave me a wonderful opportunity and I'm so grateful for that. I can see that Juventus is a club that can have a lot of success, they've won domestic cups and Scudetti and were in the Champions League final.

“I'm so proud to be here, I'm proud they were interested in me and I hope I can take Juventus to an even higher level.”

CR7 was inevitably asked about his rivalry with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi…

“I don't see players as rivals,” Ronaldo shrugged.

“Everyone speaks about my rivalry with Messi, but everyone fights for their own club and that's what I'll do here.

“In the end we'll look back and see who is the best.

“The Ballon d’Or? I'm not thinking about that. Of course I want to win and be the best, but who knows?

“Maybe I'll be awarded it again, but things will happen naturally. It was difficult to win it before, and it will be here too. So we'll see.”

Ronaldo worked with Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid, has he spoken to the Napoli Coach?

“No, we haven't talked yet but I liked working with him. We're not working together anymore and next time we meet we'll be opponents, but I'll be very glad to see him because he really supported me.”

The Portuguese was famously given a standing ovation after scoring at Juventus Stadium last season.

"It was a really a stunning moment. To be rewarded in that way is really gratifying, so I hope I can reward them in kind when I play for them. I'd also like to thank all the fans who came to the airport last night and here this morning."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Paratici: ‘Ronaldo a crazy idea’

https://www.football-italia.net/124581/paratici-‘ronaldo-crazy-idea’

Jul 16, 2018

Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici confirms the “crazy idea” to sign Cristiano Ronaldo came up after his standing ovation while playing for Real Madrid.

The Ballon d’Or scored a stunning overhead kick in Turin in last season’s Champions League, with the Juventus Stadium rising to applause even if it was against their own side.

Today CR7 was officially presented as a Bianconeri player, joining in a €100m transfer that shatters the Serie A record.

“The crazy idea came up after the first match here,” Paratici explained to Sky after today’s Press conference.

“When Cristiano received the ovation, after the overhead goal, we talked to his agent [Jorge Mendes] during the week.

“He said: ‘look, he was struck by all the attention he received. He was impressed, and he’d like to come and play for Juve one day’.

“I said: ‘fine, I understand, there are a lot of dreams but not many of them come true’.

“Then when we met again for [Joao] Cancelo he explained the situation to me and we accepted the idea.

“I spoke to the President [Andrea Agnelli] first of all because we had to make the numbers work before anything else, that was the most difficult part.

“He took a few hours and then said to me: ‘go ahead, try to see if there really is a chance’.

“It was a concrete opportunity, a unique chance to bring in a player who is universally recognised as the best in the world, the most determined, even the one who has won the most trophies.

“When there are negotiations between two big clubs - not even clubs, institutions - like Real Madrid and Juventus, then you have the third part which is the will of the player, as well as great professionalism from agents, it becomes easier to do business and make transfers happen.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo: ‘Struck by Juventus applause’

https://www.football-italia.net/124588/ronaldo-‘struck-juventus-applause’

Jul 16, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo admits the “unique moment” where Juventus fans applauded his goal for Real Madrid played a part in his decision to move to Turin.

The forward scored a stunning overhead kick against the Bianconeri in the Champions League last season, drawing applause from the stands.

Today he was officially presented as a Juve player, and confirmed that moment played a part in his decision.

“It was a special moment,” Ronaldo told Sky.

“I remember scoring such a magnificent goal against ‘my’ team was a unique moment. It was a special goal, the kind I wanted to score in my career, but I didn’t know the future would bring me to the club against whom I scored that goal.

“I’m very happy, this is a good moment in my career where I’ll be playing for the best Italian club and one of the best clubs in the world in Juventus.

“I don’t remember what happened in the following days but I was very happy. It wasn’t just for having won, or for scoring such a great goal, the one detail that made the difference was the reaction of the fans who applauded me.

“It was a surprise even for me, I didn’t expect it. I’d always liked this club, but even more so after that moment.

“It’s not that the goal changed things, Juventus is a great club and gave me the chance to come here at this unique moment in my life, and I don’t think it was because of that goal.

“Certainly though the small details make a difference.

“I am grateful to the President [Andrea Agnelli], the fans and the people who work in this club for giving me this opportunity.

“It’s a situation which came about in a totally natural manner. I spoke to my agent to find out how it was going, and it was going well.

“There wasn’t one single reason, I told my agent that if I left Real then Juventus was the only club I wanted to go to.”

Ronaldo has won the Champions League five times, while Juve are desperate to win it for the first time since 1996.

“I don’t see it as an obsession, these things happen naturally. There are a lot of players in a team and the final victory depends on a lot of things.

“I’d like to help the team win the Champions League in the next four years, I know it’ll be very difficult but I think it’s possible.

“In the last four years Juventus have played two Champions League finals and in the last seven years they’ve won Serie A seven times.

“This is one of the biggest clubs in the world, there was no need for someone to tell me to come here because I knew the strength of Juventus.

“That’s why I repeat once again that I’m very grateful to Juventus for giving me the chance to wear this shirt.

“This is a happy moment in my life, what I can guarantee is that I’ll do my best to help the team and that I want to win many trophies together.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

Home

Ronaldo’s mother: ‘Happy with Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/124610/ronaldo’s-mother-‘happy-juventus’

Jul 17, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother denies she wanted her son to join Manchester United rather than Juventus - “I'm very happy with his choice”.

The Portuguese superstar has left Real Madrid to join the Old Lady, but it was claimed his mum was pushing him to go back to Old Trafford instead.

“It's a lie that I wanted him to return to Manchester United, it’s just not true,” Maria Dolores Aveiro told Record.

“I'm very happy with his choice. It's a very happy day for all of us. My son will make Juve even bigger.

“This is a new adventure and a new life. He enjoyed it at Real Madrid but he needed other challenges.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti