Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130542 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Giorgio Chiellini excited by Juventus' summer signings

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2922206/

giorgio-chiellini-excited-by-juventus-summer-signings

Aug 3, 2016

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini says the club's summer signings have ensured the players will maintain their hunger for success.

Italy international Chiellini returned to preseason training on Tuesday as he prepared to work alongside new arrivals Gonzalo Higuain, Dani Alves, Miralem Pjanic, Marko Pjaca and Medhi Benatia.

"The club have certainly given us a big boost over the summer, revitalising a group that has already won almost everything there was to win and might have risked struggling to discover that energy again," he said on Juve's official website

"In my opinion, this summer's transfers will serve not merely to add technical skill to the team, but also to stir excitement among the ranks.

"The chance to now play both with and against such talented players in training and in games can only help in terms of reaching that next level both individually and collectively."

Juve are odds-on to win a sixth straight Scudetto, even with Paul Pogba expected to leave, but Chiellini has nonetheless urged caution.

"This year we perhaps have to bear even more responsibility and pressure on our shoulders than in previous seasons," he said. "Given the quality of our summer signings, the fans might expect us to win matches 3-0 or 4-0, when we know only too well that it won't be quite so straightforward.

"The secret behind our successes over the years boils down to hard work on a daily basis, humility, passion, desire, sacrifice and the willingness to help one another. All of these characteristics have enabled us to celebrate great achievements in the past and will continue to be key in maintaining our winning habits this term.

"We can't afford to lose sight of the great moral qualities that have brought us so much joy in recent times."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve, no more off time'

http://www.football-italia.net/89756/chiellini-juve-no-more-time

Aug 15, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini says Juventus are 'running out of time' and 'must fix all the small details'.

The Bianconeri defence didn't look as impregnable over the summer as it did last season, but the 32-year-old knows there is room to improve.

“It's a work in progress,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “We know we must get better in the finer details. We don't have very much time left and starting from tomorrow we'll have to give a little extra every day, because it's the details that make the difference.

“We trained well, prioritizing physical condition and possession. We tried playing in every situation, now we must also think about concreteness and solidity.

“It's not a matter of formation, we can play with three or four men at the back according to who's in the best condition. Details are part of what it means to keep a high level of concentration.

“Half of our squad came here early but a substantial part of our group joined us late. So far we never played with the starting XI that will take to the pitch against Fiorentina.

“We must regain our confidence and return to the right level of focus quickly, because we're running out of time. Our championship starts out in a very difficult manner and this must be an extra incentive.”

Chiellini was also asked whether the excellent market campaign might not make the team over-confident.

“There's a lot of enthusiasm after the great signings, but if we don't have the necessary nastiness, we can't win. Compared to the previous summer we changed less and we signed mature, quality players.

“We also gathered the experience after our poor start from the 2015-16 season, when we thought we were giving it 100 per cent, but we weren't.

“We're all veterans and we know the dangers of Serie A. But we must be aware that in order to win we must do more than we've done in the pre-season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini on Pjanic and Higuain

http://www.football-italia.net/89758/chiellini-pjanic-and-higuain

Aug 15, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini claims Miralem Pjanic 'raised the quality' for Juventus, whilst Gonzalo Higuain 'ups the intensity'.

The Bianconeri snatched the two most valuable players from their direct competitors for the Scudetto, generating a great deal of resentment amid fans of Roma and Napoli.

“We raised the quality with Pjanic,” Chiellini told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “He can give us a lot in open play and on dead balls, he scores and he produces assists.

“We raised our level in the attack with Higuain and the same thing happened in the other departments. We signed some great players and the only departure was [Paul] Pogba. We already knew that [Alvaro] Morata and [Juan] Cuadrado were unlikely to stay.

“We mustn't take anything for granted, of course, but we must also avoid being alarmist or needlessly nervous.

“There is so much quality here that when everyone is together, it's a real pleasure to work. In fact we reach higher levels of intensity in training than in the matches, because we're defending against Gonzalo and the others, rather than against teams that close up shop at the back.

“We need to be relaxed when playing the ball, but also more determined.”

The central defender was also asked whether Inter were the rivals for the Scudetto this year.

“Inter have a squad of incredible quality in every department. Napoli lost Higuain, but they have a solid group and a Coach with a precise gaming philosophy. Roma turned things around ever since [Luciano] Spalletti joined them. I see no gap betwee ourselves and the others, although much depends on us.

“Inter will certainly aim for the Champions League and the Scudetto. Last year's results count for nothing, their squad has no reasons to be jealous of ours.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Chelsea to launch £25m bid for Chiellini

Antonio Conte, who worked with the defender when in charge of both Juventus and Italy,

wants a reunion with the 32-year-old as he aims to strengthen his defensive options.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14222/transfer-talk/2016/08/21/26725612/-?

Aug 21, 2016

Chelsea are preparing to launch an offer in the region of £25 million for Juventus and Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini, according to The Sun.

Blues boss Antonio Conte worked with Chiellini, 27, when in charge of both Juve and the Italy national team and is now keen on a reunion with defender at Stamford Bridge.

Conte, who has won both of his first two Premier League games in charge of Chelsea, wants to strengthen his defensive options before the transfer window shuts.

Chelsea have also been strongly linked with Napoli ace Kalidou Koulibaly, while Juventus - having already sold Paul Pogba to Manchester United - are hoping to avoid selling another key star in Chiellini. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte wants Chiellini at Chelsea

http://www.football-italia.net/90126/conte-wants-chiellini-chelsea

Aug 21, 2016

Antonio Conte failed to tempt Leonardo Bonucci away from Juventus, but Chelsea are going for Giorgio Chiellini, claims The Sun.

It was well known earlier this summer that Chelsea and Manchester City were in a bidding war for Bonucci, but were told to forget about signing the club symbol.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are instead turning their focus towards his teammate for Juve and Italy.

The proposal is believed to be worth £25m (around €28.9m) for the man who turned 32 this month.

Naturally there’s practically a zero per cent chance of this move going through, as Juve have consolidated their back line and wouldn’t want to break it up for the Azzurri either.

Chiellini is under contract until June 2018 and in negotiations for a renewal.

He has been in Turin since 2005 and is seeking an all-time record sixth consecutive Scudetto.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Roma more prepared’

http://www.football-italia.net/90243/chiellini-‘roma-more-prepared’

Aug 23, 2016

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes Roma are in better shape than Inter or Napoli at the moment.

Serie A got underway at the weekend, with the Giallorossi thrashing Udinese 4-0 while the Nerazzurri lost to Chievo and Maurizio Sarri’s men were held by Pescara.

Juve got the defence of their title off to a winning start with a 2-1 win over Fiorentina, and the centre-back believes that was important.

“We’re happy with the start we’ve made,” Chiellini told Premium Sport.

“It wasn’t easy because so many of us finished [last season] late and we didn’t have many days to prepare for the game, and you could see that we had a certain attitude.

“Roma are already in a better position, you can see that they’re ahead of schedule with their Champions League preliminary.

“Inter and Napoli struggled, it’s not easy for various reasons, as you saw with us last year. I hope they don’t have our balance to deal with defeats, even if we’re really at the start.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Higuain, Pjanic invigorate Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/90246/‘higuain-pjanic-invigorate-juventus’

Aug 23, 2016

Juventus have been given “new life” by the arrivals of Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain, according to Giorgio Chiellini.

This summer saw Alvaro Morata and Paul Pogba leave the Bianconeri, but they have reinforced by signing two stars from their closest rivals, Roma and Napoli.

“Higuain? No-one ever had any doubts about the technical quality and also human quality of Gonzalo,” Chiellini told Sky.

“He immediately presented himself well and gave the maximum in every training session. It’s not easy to adapt to a different city and different methods - not necessarily better or worse, just different.

“So he had to adapt to our work. We have a pool of strikers who can give us so much.

“As for Pjanic, Miralem is a great player who has his qualities. He doesn’t have the qualities of Pogba or [Claudio] Marchisio, he has his own, the qualities of Pjanic.

“He has great technique, a devastating final ball and ballistic quality on shots and free-kicks. And above all he’s a player who it’s really hard to take the ball from.

“I think the role he can eventually play is that of a mezzala [outside midfielder], depending on what’s needed and what the Coach [Max Allegri] decides.

“With the new signings, it’s clear that they’ve come here to prove they’re worthy of Juventus and of the amount which was spent to bring them here.

“On our side, the arrival of these great champions has given us new life and desire to do something legendary, as our Coach and President [Andrea Agnelli] have often said, and really go for it on all fronts.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'I know I made mistakes'

http://www.football-italia.net/90818/chiellini-i-know-i-made-mistakes

Sep 1, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini is “well aware” he made errors on the goals as Italy lost a friendly 3-1 to France.

Graziano Pellè was able to equalise temporarily, but Les Bleus ran out the winners on Giampiero Ventura’s debut in Bari.

The competitive bow will be on Monday evening in a World Cup qualifier away to Israel.

“I am well aware I could’ve done better. It was not an easy game, we tried to play and on Monday must certainly be more focused,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

“On Olivier Giroud’s goal the ball was low, I didn’t have time to turn and see him. I should’ve read the situation better beforehand. I think all of us could’ve done better on the goals.”

This was Ventura’s first game in charge, though he only spent three days with the squad.

“Every Coach has his own style. Ventura made a good impression on the group and we hope to continue building, as we mustn’t throw away what we built over the last two years, especially the last 50 days together,” continued the Juventus defender.

“We need to speed up the way we move the ball around and are working on certain tactical adjustments. I don’t think it’ll take much to make the step up for the next game.

“The away games are very, very, very important and the trip to Israel must be faced with solidity and hard work. It’ll be very important to emerge with a victory.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ventura: 'Chiellini used up his errors!'

http://www.football-italia.net/91010/ventura-chiellini-used-his-errors

Sep 5, 2016

Giampiero Ventura joked Giorgio Chiellini “used up all his errors” for the next five years and looked ahead to Italy vs. Spain.

The Azzurri began their World Cup qualifying campaign with a 3-1 victory away to Israel.

Chiellini was sent off and had earlier given away a goal, having already been at fault for two goals in the 3-1 friendly defeat to France last week.

“Usually Chiellini makes two mistakes every five years, so he used up all his bonuses!” joked the Coach on Sky Sport Italia.

“We did some good things, but also conceded a goal in a game we were dominating without a single shot on target to that point. I am satisfied because we created several chances and played as a team, albeit struggling for 10 minutes after Chiellini’s dismissal.

“In three days I did see steps forward compared to our performance against France.”

Marco Verratti was in the starting XI for the deep-lying playmaker role and inspired the Azzurri.

“Verratti did what we expect of him. He has character, is young and plays in a different league to ours. He is understanding what we need.

“I am happy for him, he is a treasure for this Nazionale.”

Italy are in the same group as Spain, who beat Lichtenstein 8-0 this evening, and the two go head-to-head in Turin next month.

“We will certainly be in better shape by then. Of course Spain are a great national team, but Italy will play like Italy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Off night for me'

http://www.football-italia.net/91012/chiellini-night-me

Sep 5, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini confessed he had “an off night” after the error and red card inItaly’s 3-1 win away to Israel.

The Juventus defender already made costly mistakes in Thursday’s 3-1 defeat to France, but was arguably even worse in the World Cup qualifier.

He gave away a goal to Tal Ben-Haim, then received two avoidable yellow cards.

“It was an off night for me, but fortunately the squad was formidable and brought home the three points,” wrote Chiellini on Twitter.

It was his first dismissal at the 90th senior cap for Italy and means he’ll be suspended for the next clash against Spain in October.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Morata: ‘Glad Chiellini is suspended’

http://www.football-italia.net/91055/morata-‘glad-chiellini-suspended’

Sep 7, 2016

Alvaro Morata is glad former Juventus teammate Giorgio Chiellini is suspended for Italy-Spain - “my ankles are grateful…”

The Bianconeri centre-back was sent off in Monday’s win over Israel, meaning he won’t be available for the match against Spain on October 6.

“I’ll be honest, I had a moment of great happiness when I got back to the dressing room and saw Chiellini had been sent off,” Morata joked in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

“What joy… and when I left Juve he ‘threatened’ me to remember this match in Turin.

“I want good things for Giorgio, I’m very fond of him, he gave me lots of advice and helped me with a lot of things in Turin, but I can honestly say my ankles are grateful the red card came out in Israel…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini Could Be at a

Crossroads After Shaky Start to Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2662198-juventus-giorgio-chiellini

-could-be-at-a-crossroads-after-shaky-start-to-season?

Sep 8, 2016

It was not a good international break for Giorgio Chiellini. The Italy defender was blatantly at fault for two goals that France scored in Friday’s 3-1 friendly defeat, and he followed up that performance with an even worse outing against Israel on Monday.

Expected to comfortably win that 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier, the Azzurri raced to a two-goal lead thanks to Graziano Pelle and Antonio Candreva, only to see Chiellini then commit more errors and make the game far closer than it should have been.

Already booked for taking down Tal Ben Haim—no, not the formerBolton Wanderers and Chelsea defender—following one mistake, he soon made another howler that allowed the Israel striker to go clean through on goal.

He made no mistake, beating the helpless Gigi Buffon with the sublime chip from the edge of the box shown above. However, Chiellini’s night went from bad to worse after half-time. He received a second yellow card for shirt pulling, his dismissal leaving Italy with only 10 men for the final 35 minutes of the game.

Much to his relief, his team-mates hung on, even extending their lead through Lazio striker Ciro Immobile to record a 3-1 victory. “It was an off night for me, but fortunately the squad was formidable and brought home the three points,” Chiellini wrote in the tweet below, a refreshingly honest appraisal of his own poor performance in Haifa.

Una serata no per me, per fortuna il nostro gruppo è stato formidabile portando a casa i tre punti. #IsraeleItalia

Yet even as he laments his woeful form, the 32-year-old need not look far for a much better display for his national team with the UEFA Euro 2016 round-of-16 clash with Spain back in June still fresh in the memory.

That day saw him open the scoring, bundling home from close range after Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea had parried an Eder free-kick in greasy conditions in the first half.

His strike put the Azzurri on their way to the quarter-finals at the expense of the reigning champions, with Pelle bagging another goal to seal the victory. Chiellini was immense in defence, too; according to WhoScored.com, he recorded one tackle, five interceptions, three clearances and one block over the 90 minutes.

That performance and his showings against Israel and France could not be more different, but the Pisa native has always been a contradiction. Known as a rough and rugged defender, Chiellini completed a laurea in economics and commerce at the University of Turin in 2010.

His on-field persona could not be more different to the often-angry and borderline-violent manner in which he often plays, something he admitted being aware of during a recent interview with Paolo Bandiniof the Guardian:

I met [Alvaro] Morata’s mum the other day, we had a train journey together, and she said the same thing: "When I saw you playing I never thought that you would turn out to be so calm and such a sweetie!" That has always been my character; on the pitch I have a strong temperament, but off the pitch I’m more serene, reflective. I manage to separate out those two things.

Over the course of his 11 years with Juventus, Chiellini has embraced that contrast for over 400 appearances, the majority of which have seen him earn a reputation as a superb central defender.

hi-res-51ad2d1bb8fd9795f0988ababbf7c83f_

SANG TAN/Associated Press

Even after he was sent off against Israel, Italy boss Giampiero Ventura found a way to praise the Bianconeri man. "Usually Chiellini makes two mistakes every five years, so he used up all his bonuses," the coach joked during a Sky Italia interview (h/t FourFourTwo).

But his poor form is beginning to concern some fans of the national team, stirring echoes of another great defender who faded badly toward the end of his career, as Venezia supporter Marco told Bleacher Report:

He reminds me a little of Fabio Cannavaro after the 2006 World Cup. He was poor in the early part of the following season but still raised his game when it counted...but I'm not sure if Chiellini can do the same.

The truth is Italy needs to find replacements for him and Andrea Barzagli soon—Barzagli was good, but will he be in two years? They could do with Daniele Rugani and Alessio Romagnoli really stepping up.

Looking to the future, that duo could be vital, but there are also questions about Chiellini at Juventus. In this previous post, the prospect of the Bianconeri changing from a back three to a four-man defence was discussed in detail, a move that could make the side a far greater attacking threat.

Juventus fans, if the team switched to a four-man defence, which of the BBC do you drop to the bench?

The follow-up question is which central defender would sit out? Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli and Chiellini all have their supporters, but the Twitter poll above brought an interesting result.

Over half the people responding would prefer to see Chiellini be the one to drop to the bench, but he is clearly still held in high regard by many people around the world after such a storied career.

“I think Chiellini has got another tournament in him," Juve fan Kristian told Bleacher Report after watching the Israel victory. "He's only 32 years old. He's probably a bit rusty, and he's always had the odd Titus Bramble moment! Quality defender, though!”

The past few campaigns have seen those “moments” become increasingly frequent. Juve’s run to the 2015 UEFA Champions League final saw him slip to hand Borussia Dortmund a goal in the round of 16, then be fortunate not to get sent off for the blatant handball against AS Monaco in the quarter-final.

Last season, he received a red card in an October outing againstSassuolo for hauling down Domenico Berardi, the match before Juventus began their incredible run of victories that secured the Scudetto.

It remains to be seen whether his recent poor showings are more than early-season rust, but Morata appeared relieved to learn he will not face his former team-mate when Spain play Italy in October, telling La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia):

I’ll be honest, I had a moment of great happiness when I got back to the dressing room and saw Chiellini had been sent off. What joy...and when I left Juve he "threatened"to make me to remember this match in Turin!

I want good things for Giorgio, I’m very fond of him, he gave me lots of advice and helped me with a lot of things in Turin, but I can honestly say my ankles are grateful the red card came out in Israel.

Clearly, strikers still fear Chiellini, but despite a career of delivering when it matters most, it may well be time for Juventus to feature the likes of Daniele Rugani and Medhi Benatia more frequently. Perhaps only on a temporary basis, but certainly soon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Juventus aren’t Real Madrid’

http://www.football-italia.net/91539/chiellini-‘juventus-aren’t-real-madrid’?

Sep 16, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini admits Juventus “are not Real Madrid and never will be” in terms of their Champions League approach.

The Bianconeri drew 0-0 with Sevilla in their first match of this season’s competition, drawing criticism from a section of the support.

“Real Madrid can win 6-2, Milan with Ronaldinho could win 5-2,” Chiellini noted in La Stampa.

“We win 1-0 or 2-0. That’s the history of the club, and we’re talking about decades.

“Do you have to win another way in Europe? There isn’t just one way to do it, but there’s history to follow and characteristics to maintain, which is not to say you don’t try to win 3-0.

“We have to improve, but we’re not Real Madrid and we never will be. We don’t have their characteristics, if they concede 3-2 then it’ll end 6-2.

“We’re a team that, if we’re in the lead, we must not concede goals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus will NEVER score

as many goals as Real Madrid

The defender has made it clear the Serie A champions do not set out to entertain

the same way as their La Liga counterparts and are more focused on winning.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/09/16/27596572/-?

Sep 16, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini has told fans that Juventus outscore sides such as Real Madrid and states his club instead prefer a steadier, more defensively solid approach.

The Serie A champions were criticised for their defensive attitude in the scoreless Champions League clash with Sevilla on Wednesday, with head coach Massimiliano Allegri opting to bench creative midfielder Miralem Pjanic.

However, Chiellini has made it clear that it is Juventus' DNA to be solid rather than a team that sets out to score five or six goals a game.

"With all due respect, but Juventus are not Real Madrid or the AC Milan of Ronaldinho's days," Chiellini told reporters. "They can win games 6-2 or 5-2. Juventus are not like that.

"We have to win 1-0 or 2-0. It's in the club's DNA. That does not mean we will not try to win 3-0, but we are a team that cannot concede a goal when we are ahead.

"We are not like Real and will never be like them. We have different characteristics.

"Atletico Madrid have not reached the top in Europe by winning games 5-0 or 6-0. You need balance."

Nevertheless, Juventus are the clear favourites to win a sixth successive Serie A title, while they are also among the outsiders to win the Champions League.

But Chiellini is adamant they are not getting carried away, adding: " here is a certain balance in the dressing room. We are perfectly aware of the difficulties in each game.

"Everything seems very simple from the outside and that is why Allegri is right to be on top of everything.

"You could lose some of your sharpness if people are saying you have already won Serie A and are a Champions League contender. "

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini suffers

calf injury while on international duty

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/10/8/13206726/

giorgio-chiellini-injury-juventus-italy-2016-serie-a-news

Oct 7, 2016

And so it begins.

The international break is something that isn’t very popular for a variety of reasons. One of the main things is that Juventus’ best players go off and represent their countries and we’re left to sit down and pray to make sure they all come back in one healthy piece. We’ve already had the Marko Pjaca scare, which turned out to be nothing compared to what was feared. Now, we have something else — and at a position that has already been hit hard by injuries in recent weeks.

Giorgio Chiellini has injured his calf, both the Italian national team and Juventus announced on Friday. Because of it, Chiellini has left the Azzurri’s training camp where they were preparing for Sunday’s World Cup qualifier against Macedonia and returned to Vinovo and his Juve teammates not on international duty a little earlier than most of us expected to have happen.

Here’s Juventus’ statement on the matter:

Giorgio Chiellini will miss Italy’s World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on Sunday after an examination at J|Medical revealed bruising to the right calf.

The assessment of the results of the defender’s MRI scan was that skipping this weekend’s fixture was the best course of action, with Chiellini now set to remain in Vinovo to undergo treatment and further inspection of the injury.

Here is the Italian federation’s statement on the matter:

After Riccardo Montolivo, who was forced to return home after the injury against Spain, Giorgio Chiellini has also left the training camp.

The Juventus defender underwent tests in the afternoon for a blunt force trauma to his right calf, sustained in training this afternoon

The player will not be available for Macedonia-Italy on Sunday in Skopje and will return to his club tonight.

And so it begins.

We now wait and see just how truly long Chiellini is out for simply because as much as there is news about what is wrong with the 32-year-old defender, there’s still no true timetable for his recovery. We know he will be out of Italy’s game against Macedonia this weekend, but that’s it. For all we know this could be a truly minor impact injury and Chiellini could be in the lineup next weekend against Udinese, thwarting any kind of fears we would have that Juve is suddenly down to just two healthy central defenders.

But when you throw in Chiellini’s injury history over the last couple of seasons, it’s certainly something you have to worry about. That’s just the nature of what we’re dealing with here, folks. I love Chiellini as much as anybody, but when you’re nearing your mid-30s and have a now-lengthy injury list to your name, you can’t help but be a little fearful about the latest knock no matter how minor or major it may be.

The waiting game, it now begins.

More From B

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini gets calf injury

http://www.football-italia.net/92625/chiellini-gets-calf-injury

Oct 7, 2016

Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini reportedly picked up a calf injury in training today, making him a doubt for Macedonia.

The Juventus centre-back was suspended for the draw with Spain last night, but was in line to make his return on Sunday.

However, Sky is reporting that Chiellini took a knock to his calf in today’s Azzurri training session, and will have to undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury.

It’s the latest setback for CT Giampiero Ventura, as Riccardo Montolivo ruptured his cruciate ligament against La Roja, while Graziano Pellè has been sent home after refusing to shake Ventura’s hand when substituted.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini leaves Italy camp

http://www.football-italia.net/92630/chiellini-leaves-italy-camp

Oct 7, 2016

Multiple reports suggest Giorgio Chellini has left the Italy camp after suffering a calf injury in training.

The centre-back was forced to quit training earlier today after taking a knock, and was sent for tests by Azzurri medics ahead of the Macedonia match.

Now SportMediaset, Sky and TuttoJuve are reporting that Chiellini has left the training camp, and will return to Juventus.

It’s bad news for both the national team and the Bianconeri, as Italy have already lost Riccardo Montolivo to injury and Graziano Pellè was sent home.

For the Old Lady, meanwhile, there is now a serious shortage of defenders with Daniele Rugani and Medhi Benatia already sidelined.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Chiellini leaves Italy camp

http://www.football-italia.net/92635/official-chiellini-leaves-italy-camp

Oct 7, 2016

The FIGC has confirmed that Giorgio Chiellini has left the Italy camp after picking up a calf injury.

It was reported earlier today that the Juventus defender had taken a knock in training and would be forced to withdraw, and that has now been confirmed.

“After Riccardo Montolivo, who was forced to return home after the injury against Spain, Giorgio Chiellini has also left the training camp,” the FIGC confirmed in a statement.

“The Juventus defender underwent tests in the afternoon for a blunt force trauma to his right calf, sustained in training this afternoon

“The player will not be available for Macedonia-Italy on Sunday in Skopje and will return to his club tonight.”

The statement suggests that Chiellini has suffered an impact injury, rather than a muscular problem, meaning he may be fit for Juve when Serie A gets back underway.

The Bianconeri have released a statement of their own, indicating the injury is not very serious.

"Giorgio Chiellini today underwent tests at J-Medical in Turin for a contusion to the calf of his right leg.

"The current clinical conditions and the findings of the MRI recommend that he not be used in the game between Macedonia and Italy on Sunday evening.

"Therefore, the medical staff of Juventus and the national team have unanimously decided to keep the player at Vinovo and subject him to the appropriate medical treatment."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus confirm Chiellini has not

suffered any 'long-term damage'

The Italian champions will continue to monitor their player who is struggling with a

minor thigh problem and looks set to miss the Champions League trip to Lyon.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/10/16/28532342/-?

Oct 16, 2016

Juventus have revealed the thigh injury which kept Giorgio Chiellini out of Saturday's 2-1 win over Udinese is not serious. 

Chiellini, 32, missed the win because of a strain to his left thigh he suffered in training on the morning before the game. 

He had previously been withdrawn from Italy's squad for their World Cup qualifiers with Spain and Macedonia during the latest international break with bruising to his calf. 

However, he is not expected to be out long term although he looks set to miss Tuesday's Champions League trip to face Lyon, with Juventus sitting top of Group H on four points from their two games.

"Following a recurrence of an injury previously sustained to his left thigh in training yesterday morning, medical examinations on Giorgio Chiellini today have come back positive, ruling out any long-term damage for the defender," read a club statement.

"Chiellini's condition will however continue to be monitored in the coming days with further inspections set to take place at the start of next week."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini blow for Juve & Italy

http://www.football-italia.net/93728/chiellini-blow-juve-italy?

Oct 31, 2016

Juventus have confirmed that Giorgio Chiellini will not be back until after the international break due to a thigh injury.

Chiellini pulled up just before half-time in Juve’s 2-1 win against Napoli on Saturday, and subsequent tests have shown a “distractive trauma” to the defender’s right thigh muscle.

“During the morning, Giorgio Chiellini underwent tests, which emerged the presence of a grade-one distractive trauma to the posterior region of his right thigh,” read a statement on Juve’s official website.

“It is expected that he will return after the international break.”

Calciomercato.com reports the injury is the eighth Chiellini has suffered in 2016, and the 32-year-old will now miss the Bianconeri’s games against Lyon and Chievo, plus Italy’s matches versus Liechtenstein and Germany.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini out until after

the international break with a hamstring injury

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/10/31/13481716/giorgio-chiellini-

injury-juventus-defender-out-until-international-break-2016-serie-a-team-news

Oct 31, 2016

You know that “Eat. Sleep. Repeat.” saying that people like to use from time to time? I think we, unfortunately, need to invent for Giorgio Chiellini and his continued injury struggles that he’s been dealing with over the last two seasons.

How does “Eat. Sleep. Out two weeks with a calf or hamstring injury.” sound to all of you?

No matter what you feel about said question above, the latest Chiellini injury situation popped its ugly head up against Napoli over the weekend. Chiellini, who had to be subbed off in the first half on Saturday after his hamstring went all twang on him, will now be hanging in Turin during the international break because of it. More on the matter, courtesy of Juventus’ official website:

This morning also saw Giorgio Chiellini undergo medical tests which revealed that the defender had sustained a severe knock to the posterior region of his right thigh in an incident which caused him to be withdrawn after 40 minutes of Saturday’s 2-1 success against Napoli. Chiellini is expected to return to action after November’s international break.

We shouldn’t be surprised. We really shouldn’t. This isn’t the first time we’ve been down this road before. This isn’t the second, third or fourth time, either.

Yes, that tweet is drenched with sarcasm. At least the first four words of it. But it’s also basically the reality of what life with Chiellini is like these days. He’ll play a few games, get hurt, come back and then it’s the same vicious cycle over and over again.

I guess the good thing about this is the timing of it all. Come next week, we’ll be at the start of yet another boring international break, with two weeks of nothing going on. Of course, Chiellini being “expected to return to action after November’s international break” could mean he’s back for the Saturday, Nov. 19, fixture against Pescara at Juventus Stadium. Or it could mean he’s back some time in early December before the holiday break arrives.

We’ll just have to wait and see. Fun times, all of these Chiellini injuries.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Great start for Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/94365/chiellini-‘great-start-juventus’?

Nov 15, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini insists Juventus “could not have imagined” a better start to the season.

The Bianconeri have won 10 of their opening 12 games, but have come in for some criticism for their style of play.

“Top of the league, within touching distance of the Champions League last 16; overall I don't think we could have imagined that we would make a better start than that a few months ago,” Chiellini told JTV.

“We are well aware that there is still plenty of work to be done and we will only achieve our goals for the campaign by running the hard yards every day in training.

“Our strongest asset in the past few seasons has always been our ability to keep focused and maintain our intensity no matter what.

“International duty can be draining so often the first league fixture after the break is a difficult one to win. Saturday's match against Pescara will be no different from that point of view.

“For the lads in Vinovo, like myself, we will take the opportunity to kick on with our respective recoveries. Personally, I'm feeling good and I'll be rejoining the group shortly.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juve can go on to win treble in 2017

The Bianconeri suffered a defeat to AC Milan in the Supercoppa Italiana, but their

star defender believes it could lead to positive things, as it did two years ago.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/12/27/30904562/-

Dec 27, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini believes Juventus can recover from their Supercoppa Italiana defeat to AC Milan to put in strong displays in Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia.

The Serie A champions were beaten on penalties in Doha, but Massimiliano Allegri's men sit top of Serie A and face Porto in the last 16 of the Champions League after winning their group.

And defender Chiellini wants Juve to draw strength from the fact they suffered a Supercoppa defeat to Napoli in a shootout two years ago before going to the brink of European glory.

"In 2014 when we lost the Supercoppa we got to the final of the Champions League. I hope it's a springboard into the next six months," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport of the Milan defeat.

"We are aware that it is not ideal, but we can achieve great results by winning the league, the Champions League and the Italian Cup.

"But to do this we must continue our daily work ... and showing the iron will that has brought us this far.

"The margins of improvement are there, but the key ingredient must be a commitment and the desire to improve.

"What happened will serve as a lesson, because in the coming months, as happened two years ago, we have to enjoy a great ride."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba is the LeBron James of football, claims Chiellini

The Italy defender believes Juventus are finding it more difficult to dominate

games without the Frenchman's presence in central midfield.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/01/16/31610602/-

Jan 16, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini has admitted Juventus are missing the presence of Paul Pogba, comparing the Manchester United midfielder to basketball star LeBron James.

Pogba joined United from Juve in a world-record €110 million deal in the summer after four Scudetto-winning seasons in Turin.

The Bianconeri have reclaimed top spot this term but lead Roma by only a point - albeit with a game in hand - and have lost four games out of 19 after being defeated just five times in the entirety of the 2015-16 Serie A campaign.

Their latest defeat came at the hands of Fiorentina on Sunday, with goals from Nikola Kalinic and Milan Badelj downing the defending champions despite Gonzalo Higuain's reply.

Chiellini believes the difference is largely down to Pogba's absence, claiming the Frenchman exerted an influence from the centre of the park that allowed Juve to dominate games more easily.

"Last year we had a player like Pogba in midfield, who is the LeBron James, the Usain Bolt of football," Chiellini told Sky Italia.

"Last season Paul allowed us to play a certain way, but now he's not here and we made some changes. [Massimiliano] Allegri is working on finding a solution, we aren't idiots or clowns.

"We're giving up too many chances - last season [Gianluigi] Buffon never dirtied his gloves."

Pogba has made 20 appearances in the Premier League for United this season, scoring four goals in the process.

Juventus brought in Miralem Pjanic from Roma in the summer to replace the 23-year-old and have added Tomas Rincon, from Genoa, to their midfield ranks this month.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130542 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve's BBC is magical'

http://www.football-italia.net/97200/chiellini-juves-bbc-magical

Jan 21, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini admits there’s “something magical” with Gigi Buffon, Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci for Juventus and Italy.

The centre-backs are collectively known as the ‘BBC’ group, but Chiellini has a different approach.

“With Buffon it’s the BBBC,” he told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“It is certainly a wonderful group of friends, of people who – apart from the rapport that we’ve built on and off the pitch – reached a certain level because there’s something magical in that relationship.

“With all due respect, we have never been and are currently not the best defenders in the world, but together we each raise the game of the other. That is true.

“There is also profound friendship, something deep that makes us share everything. We have our strengths and weaknesses, but when you care for someone, you don’t dwell on the defects and only see their qualities.

“At the end of the day, all four of us are people who live for our work and put heart and soul into it. If there’s no passion in there or a human connection, you can get results once in a while, but not in the long-term.

“It all stems from the passion. Heart is the main ingredient, then follows hard work, quality, character and desire to win. Without heart, solidarity and that understanding, believe me, you won’t get the results we’ve achieved over so many years.”

Chiellini was also asked about Bonucci’s suggestion he eats garlic before every match to irritate opponents.

“Fortunately he brushes his teeth when it comes to talking to us!” laughed the Juve teammate.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti