Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juventus become legends'

http://www.football-italia.net/97201/chiellini-juventus-become-legends

Jan 21, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini warned Juventus must target a sixth consecutive Scudetto because “it’s something nobody has ever done and would make us legends.”

The Bianconeri have won five on the bounce and were expected to pour all their resources into the Champions League, but that does not seem to be the case.

“I’d love the sixth straight Serie A title!” Chiellini told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“It’s something nobody has ever done before and something that would make us become legends of Italian sport. It’s an opportunity we’d ever be able to repeat again, but I think that really you’d have to wait a very long time for a side capable of winning six consecutive titles again.

“Therefore we can’t let this chance slip away. We all want it and have to achieve it.”

Yet it was almost a very different career path for the centre-back.

“In 2004 I was about to join Roma. They had bought half my contract, but were stuck with the Philippe Mexes situation.

“The Livorno President agreed terms with Roma, telling them I’d have arrived and the payment would be via other players in January. I was happy, because from Livorno to Roma is a big leap.

“Then one morning (Livorno President Aldo) Spinelli calls and tells me to go to Milan, because there are three or four Italian clubs who want me.

“Once I got there, I found (then-Roma director Franco) Baldini, who was hurling insults at the Livorno officials. I realised the room had another door in the middle, they opened it and I and saw Juventus representatives, so I realised at that moment my future would change.

“This is the true story of my football destiny. Sliding doors.”

What does Chiellini see for his career after retirement?

“I’d like to do something for Juventus, because at the end of the day it was my life and I continue to give my all to this club.

“If you’ve experienced all those years the way I did, you are totally concentrated on today’s game and not the future.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Allegri reassures Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/97202/chiellini-allegri-reassures-juventus

Jan 21, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini praised Juventus Coach Max Allegri and feels the future is bright for Italian defenders.

The centre-back gave a lengthy interview to the Corriere dello Sport and you can read the rest of it here and here.

“Allegri is someone who lives life with a smile on his face. If there’s a problem, he thinks of the solution. That’s what he’s like.

“This approach gives a sense of reassurance to the collective and, in my eyes, is a great gift.”

Juve have nonetheless struggled more this season and saw their lead at the top of Serie A whittled down to one point, albeit with a game in hand.

“There’s less balance and we are having difficulty finding that on the field. It’s not that we are stronger or weaker as a side, but the characteristics of the players have changed and we haven’t found a stable identity yet.”

Chiellini had mentioned that losing Paul Pogba was a heavy blow.

“My words were misrepresented and over-emphasised. I just noted, which seemed obvious, that the players have changed and we cannot think to play the same way with players who have different characteristics.

“Today the squad has different characteristics and so we must try to make the most of the enormous potential at our disposal. It’s not exactly news that Pogba is a great player, anyway.”

Chiellini is confident that the future of Italian football is bright, especially in defence.

“Daniele Rugani and Alessio Romagnoli have already shown what they can do in recent years and Italians can relax knowing these lads will continue to grow if they have the desire to improve every day.

“Mattia Caldara also exploded on to the scene this year with Atalanta.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Notice Allegri and Higuain'

http://www.football-italia.net/97898/chiellini-notice-allegri-and-higuain

Feb 4, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini hails Max Allegri, Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic, insisting their work rate for Juventus is underestimated.

“Higuain surprised me as a man,” Chiellini told La Stampa newspaper. You can read the rest of the interview here.

“You always expect strikers to be a bit egotistical, but instead I met a generous person. As a player he’s even stronger than I expected: a real animal on the pitch with extraordinary qualities.

“If you had a ‘Higuain Cam’ on him throughout the match, you’d see that in 90 per cent of the attacking moves he is alone in the box and that’s not because the defenders are falling asleep. Before the ball arrives, he makes two or three movements and counter-movements to shake off his marker. Pay attention next time.

“All this talk about his weight is ridiculous. Gonzalo is explosive and has such strength in his legs. If he sees a chance, you can’t keep up with him over 10-15 metres. He’s remarkable.

“He might’ve had a reputation elsewhere, but so far his attitude with us has been perfect. He immediately felt appreciated and also less responsibility on his shoulders here. We are accustomed to being at a certain level, so in difficult moments we share the responsibility between us.”

Nobody has ever doubted the work rate of Mandzukic, who seems to be in all areas of the pitch.

“He can be a striker, a midfielder or a defender. We joke about the fact he always says ‘No good.’ When he scores, he’ll say it’s ‘good.’

Marking Mario is tough and not just in the tackle, but the way he runs constantly. At the end of a game, the full-backs are shattered.

“He needs to be at the centre of a project and Allegri was really smart to find this new system. We needed something to shake us up and the Coach realised that. It’s one of his great gifts, that he reads situations in a way that at that moment might seem a bit over the top.

Remember last season in the derby we were drawing? He took off Paulo Dybala and introduced Alex Sandro. There was the same thing against Napoli – in the stadium there was a sense of ‘now we’re going to win this.’

“Allegri has a way of perceiving the situations that others cannot grasp. It’s more than just a technical or tactical issue. We can use the 4-2-3-1 against Inter, Real Madrid or Barcelona, but you have to be in good shape physically to sacrifice yourself.”

Can Juventus win the Champions League?

“It depends on how we’re doing in two weeks, in April and in May. A year ago Barcelona met Atletico Madrid in a month where they lost six games. From then on, they won every time with five or six goals per match.

“It’s not right to think ‘now or never’ for the Champions League. It’s hard enough thinking about June. You just have to give your all, right now.”

Finally, Chiellini was asked about his new beard.

“I don’t have much hair, so I’m trying to grow it elsewhere.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini out for Palermo and Porto?

http://www.football-italia.net/98371/chiellini-out-palermo-and-porto

Feb 14, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini will miss Friday’s Serie A match against Palermo, but above all is at risk when Juventus visit Porto in the Champions League.

The defender limped off early into Sunday’s 2-0 win over Cagliari at the Stadio Sant’Elia.

According to Sky Sport Italia, he has been diagnosed with a distractive trauma to the flexors in the right thigh.

It certainly rules him out of this Friday’s encounter with Palermo.

The real problem for Max Allegri is that Chiellini would also be in doubt for next Wednesday’s Champions League Round of 16 tie with Porto.

Andrea Barzagli is suffering from a similar muscular issue, leaving options relatively limited in defence.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Reports: Giorgio Chiellini to miss Juventus’
game against Palermo, possibly Porto

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/2/15/14621972/giorgio-chiellini-

injury-juventus-palermo-porto-2017-serie-a-champions-league-team-news

Feb 15, 2017

For a few weeks longer than some might have thought, we had a reprieve from Giorgio Chiellini’s injury trend of the last year or two. It wasn’t the come back one game, injured the next — or even within the same game — trend we’ve seen happen to Chiellini over the past few seasons. But, for somebody who hasn’t been healthy anywhere close to the entire season, Chiellini being injured is nothing new.

Nor will it ever be.

Chiellini’s latest injury worries are a result of the 32-year-old Italian defender being subbed off and replaced by Daniele Rguani in the first half of Sunday’s 2-0 win over Cagliari. It’s a thigh injury — gee, where have we heard that before? — that will keep Chiellini out for Friday night’s fixture against Palermo at Juventus Stadium, according to both Sky Sport Italia and La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Chiellini missing Palermo’s visit to Turin isn’t a huge deal because, as one might be thinking, he was probably a candidate for a little squad rotation knowing that Juve have five days in between games. But it’s the potential that he is going to miss out on the trip to Portugal to face Porto on Wednesday night that is the killer of the two. Chiellini had been playing so well over the last six weeks or so. He wasn’t just healthy, but resembling the Chiellini of old with his commanding performances as well as his classic crunching tackles. (Just go ahead and ask some of those players from Inter how they felt about Chiellini doing Chiellini things a couple of weeks ago.)

As of this post going live, Juventus has not officially released details about the severity of Chiellini’s injury, one that could very well see young Rugani thrust into the starting lineup for a Champions League Round of 16 tie for the first time in his career.

At the very least, we know Chiellini is feeling good enough to say hi on Twitter before training on Wednesday and let us all know that he is working hard to get back onto the field as soon as possible.

This guy and his big goofy smile. Even when he can’t stay healthy it’s impossible to hate him. You go on and get better soon, Giorgio.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve a family'

http://www.football-italia.net/98929/chiellini-juve-family

Feb 26, 2017

Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini says the Leonardo Bonucci controversy is over as the club approach a 'decisive' point in the season.

Chiellini's fellow centre-back was left out of the Old Lady's squad to face Porto in the Champions League after a row with Coach Max Allegri, but returned to the team for last night's Serie A win over Empoli.

Speaking to Tuttojuve.com, the 32-year-old stressed that no individual is bigger than the team and that being at Juve is like being part of a family.

"It hasn't been a calm and relaxing week for Leo, that's normal," Chiellini admitted. "However, on the pitch yesterday he showed all his professionalism, responding with actions.

"At the end of the day, the most important thing isn't an individual. It isn't Chiellini, Buffon or anyone else, it's the team.

"Leo has always thought about the interests of the team and yesterday he had a great game. We are lucky enough to have a frank and sincere relationship with each other, and to all live as a family."

"You can argue from time to time, but the most important thing is getting results."

Chiellini also discussed the importance of yesterday's 2-0 win over Empoli, adding that the next few weeks will be key in determining whether Juve's season is a success.

"It was an important weekend, we managed to continue our consistency. Winning against the so-called smaller teams is hard, especially after a Champions League game in which we expended a lot.

"We did very well to continue to keep our order, to take advantage of our qualities and take home three key points.

"The coming matches, especially with Udinese and Sampdoria away from home, will be massively decisive for us. Even more so than matches against Napoli, Milan and Roma.

"We know it is a crucial period. Between the League, Champions League and the first leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final, from now until 20 March when we have the international break, we have a very important period in our season.

"We are competing in all competitions and it would be a shame not to progress in each of them."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

bex2so.jpg

TRANSFER RUMOUR: REAL MADRID LINING UP
BIG MONEY MOVE FOR GIORGIO CHIELLINI

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/03/03/transfer-rumour

-real-madrid-lining-up-big-money-move-for-giorgio-chiellini/

Mar 3, 2017

Real Madrid are interested in Giorgio Chiellini and are lining up a big money summer move for the Juventus defender, as per reports.

Spanish journal Mundo Deportivo have reported that Real Madrid are desperate to buy a centre-back in the summer and have set their sights on Giorgio Chiellini. Los Blancos are now said to be preparing a big offer to bring the Juventus defender to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer.

Chiellini has been one of the pillars at the back for Juventus and the Italian national team for several years now. Having been signed from Fiorentina in 2005, Chiellini has been the mainstay at the heart of the Bianconeri’s defence ever since and is widely rated as one of the best defenders in the world.

Known for his no-nonsense, hard tackling attitude in defending, Chiellini has been pivotal in Juventus’ dominance in Italian football in recent years, with the defending Italian champions being formidable in defence.

The 32-year-old has already notched up over 400 appearances for Juventus in nearly 12 years in Turin, and has been at his best yet again this season. In 18 appearances in Serie A this season, Chiellini has won 19 tackles, made 76 clearances, 32 interceptions and 11 blocks while keeping his passing accuracy at an impressive 87%.

Chiellini has been a pillar at the back for Juventus. (Photo courtesy - Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)

Chiellini has been a pillar at the back for Juventus. (Photo courtesy – Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)

With his stellar performance at the back for Juventus not going unnoticed, he is a player who could solve the defensive woes for many sides. Real Madrid are one such club, with the Spanish heavyweights in search of a centre-back in the summer.

Los Blancos’ back four has blown hot and cold this season, and veteran central defender Pepe is looking all set to depart from the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season. Raphael Varane, while showing signs of promise, has been highly inconsistent while Nacho is preferred as a backup option.

Thus, Zinedine Zidane is eager to find a top class defender to partner Sergio Ramos next season. The capital side have already made enquiries for Chiellini’s partner in the Juventus defence, Leonardo Bonucci, but it looks like they have now set their sights on the 32-year-old instead.

The report states that Chiellini has had his run-ins with Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri this season, and could leave the Turin club in the summer. However, the Bianconeri would be asking for €60 million in order to let their prized asset leave come the end of the season.

Real Madrid, though, believe that they might be able to lower the transfer fee by sweetening the deal by offering Jesus Vallejo, who is currently on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt. It is important to note, though, that Chiellini would be turning 33 in August and, at best, he would represent a short-term solution for Real Madrid.

Vallejo, on the other hand, has shown signs of promise with Frankfurt and is being touted for big things in the future. So, Juventus might come off as the better of the two clubs if the deal is indeed struck in the summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Juventus don't play most beautiful football' -
Chiellini happy with intelligence over attractiveness

The Italian defender is not concerned about the Turin

club's pragmatic approach so long as they are successful.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2017/03/07/33388042/-

Mar 7, 2017

What Juventus' style of play may lack in terms of aesthetics is made up for in intelligence, functionality and precision, says Giorgio Chiellini.

The reigning Serie A champions have not always been as sparkling as title rivals Roma and Napoli, but they still hold a comfortable eight-point lead at the summit.

It is not something that concerns the centre-back, who is happy as long as the positive results continue to come.

"I do not know if we play the most beautiful or attractive football, but we certainly play more intelligently, more functionally and more precisely than anyone else," Chiellini told the club's official website.

"We have got to keep pushing on in all competitions in the knowledge that there is still a long way to go in Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

Giorgio Chiellini Udinese Juventus Serie A 05032017

"I always say that Juventus should be judged in March and you can see why. We have found a system that gets the best out of the quality we have in the squad and ticks all the boxes."

Juventus were held to a 1-1 draw by Udinese last Sunday and Chiellini is desperate to return to winning ways when they meet AC Milan on Friday.

"Milan are rediscovering a bit of form and overall they have had a good campaign, providing a platform for some very talented young players who could play a big part in the future of the national team," he added.

"Juventus versus Milan is always a classic. The defeat in Milan earlier in the season [a 1-0 loss in October] does not bother us; if anything, the [Supercoppa Italiana] loss in Doha hurt more, at least on a personal level. With all respect to them, we lost that game, they did not win it.

"Let's make sure we put everything right this week and kick on in the league."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini set for Juve renewal

http://www.football-italia.net/100039/chiellini-set-juve-renewal

Mar 22, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Giorgio Chiellini is reportedly set to extend his stay with Juventus, signing a new contract until 2020.

The 32-year-old makes up one third of the legendary 'BBC' backline that also includes Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci.

Now, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian internation is ready to pen a new deal.

With a current agreement that expires in 2018, the Pisa-native is said to be ready to sign for a further two years, which would take him up to the age of 34 with the club.

Chiellini has been kept out of the side with a number of minor injuries this term, and has missed out on selection for Italy's forthcoming matches with Albania and the Netherlands.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Report: Juventus, Giorgio Chiellini agree
to contract extension through 2020

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/3/23/15030514/report-juventus

-giorgio-chiellini-agree-to-contract-extension-2020-serie-a

Mar 23, 2017

There is one contract extension that all of us want to see take place, like, tomorrow, and it’s that of Paulo Dybala. But if reports out of Italy on Wednesday are to be believed, then another one of Juve’s most important players could see a few more years tacked onto his current contract as well.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus defender is set to extend his contract for another two seasons in relatively short order. The 32-year-old Chiellini, who has become as well known for his injury troubles as his performances in the heart of Juve’s defense in recent seasons, last extended his contract nearly two and a half years ago when he and Gigi Buffon signed on until the end of the 2017-18 season.

Based on his age (32 years old) and injury history of late (a lot), this is likely one of Chiellini’s final contracts during his playing career if it is indeed extended. (Which is something I don’t think anybody who follows Juventus on a somewhat regular basis wouldn’t expect to happen.) Chiellini seems destined to finish his career in Turin. There’s nothing telling us otherwise. He’s one of the pillars of this current era, one that is coming close to see another Serie A title arrive at Juventus Stadium.

Two more years added onto the current deal and Chiellini is a 35-year-old player who is either nearing the end of his career or already there. Who knows how long he will be a full-time starter over that stretch. Only Chiellini — as well as his health — can determine that as we move forward.

Also, a side note: Announce Dybala’s extension already.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini receives Masters Degree

http://www.football-italia.net/100738/chiellini-receives-masters-degree

Apr 6, 2017

Juventus and Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini was presented with his Masters Degree in Business Administration today.

“To the end. This motto accompanied me on the pitch. It also supported me in these years with books. I’m happy to have received me degree!” wrote the defender on Twitter.

The official Juve website also posted images of Chiellini receiving his diploma at the University of Turin’s School of Management and Economics.

His thesis on ‘The Business Model of Juventus Football Club in an International Context’ saw him pass cum laude – with distinction.

“Everyone associated with the club would like to congratulate Giorgio on his excellent results and achievement.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Giorgio Chiellini earns top marks with

thesis on Juventus business model

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3097951/giorgio-chiellini

-earns-top-marks-with-thesis-on-juventus-business-model

Apr 7, 2017

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has graduated in Business Administration at the University of Turin after writing a thesis about the club's business model.

Chiellini, 32, graduated on Thursday and received the highest possible mark of 110 with distinction and a special mention.

"To the end," the Italy international wrote on his Instagram profile, borrowing the Juventus slogan.

"This motto accompanies me every day on the field and it has supported me over these years spent with my head in books.

"I'm proud of this degree; proud to have done it. Happy to have reached this objective."

Chiellini -- who can now call himself Dr Giorgio Chiellini -- compared the Juventus model with those of other leading clubs.

"He examined Juventus' business model with reference to promotion of their own brand and the management of human capital and the impact this had on their football and economic performance," professor Pietro Biancone, who guided Chiellini through his degree, told Sky Sport Italia.

"The business model was then compared with those of other top European clubs such as Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao and Porto."

Marina Nuciari, the director of Turin's school of management and economics, added: "Chiellini has proven himself to be an example of tenacity and dedication, not only in sport but also in culture and in his studies."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini on Suarez, Cavani and Inter

http://www.football-italia.net/101976/chiellini-suarez-cavani-and-inter

May 2, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini says he feels no malice toward Luis Suarez, and explains why it’s good that Juventus are hated.

The centre-back gave a long interview to France Football, in which he discussed the Champions League tie with Monaco and the strength of the Bianconeri defence.

One of the defining images of the 33-year-old’s career is his tussle with Edinson Cavani, with the defender yanking on the Napoli striker’s hair and receiving an elbow to the face.

After the game though, the pair shook hands and laughed about their duel.

“Let’s say I was just jealous of his long hair…” Chiellini joked.

“Being more serious, I like coming up against great strikers, I’ve always liked to face the best.

“An example would be Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the most formidable striker I’ve ever seen. I often played against him in Serie A, and Ibra was the top.

“He’s always made the difference wherever he’s gone.

“Being bitten by Luis Suarez? It should have earned him a red card, which is what I was saying to the referee.

“Afterward though I felt no rancour toward him, and I even thought the heavy suspension he got was a bit much. For me, what happened during the game stopped at the final whistle.

“When I saw him in the Champions League quarter-final I greeted him with no problem, I was only thinking about the Barça game.”

Chiellini was then asked about his teammates, Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic.

“I had the chance to mark all three of them before they came to Turin. Gonzalo is a striker with incredible strength in his legs and he’s almost impossible to control in the box.

“He’s really good in his movement and he’ll seize upon the tiniest error. He’s also really technically good and he can hit it with either foot.

“Paulo can destabilise a defence at any moment with a gesture, a dribble, an unpredictable action.

“As for Mario, his speed and his strength end up reducing a defender to his basics. If you have to mark him, you’re completely exhausted when the game finishes.

“In this team there’s a lot of technique, but also the ability to play physically and a spirit of sacrifice. With what he shows on the pitch, Mario is the symbol of this Juve.”

The centre-back was then asked if it becomes tiring being the most hated team in Italy.

“The truth is that when someone wins, dominates, there’s always antipathy,” Chiellini replied.

“It’s the loser who gets sympathy. That was proven to be the case when Inter started winning everything and we spent a year in Serie B.

“Fortunately we’ve become very unsympathetic again, which is a sign that we’re once again a dominant team.”

Chiellini started his career as left-back, and says his idol was Milan legend Paolo Maldini.

“Paolo was my idol, my model. Clearly he had different characteristics to me: very technical, super-elegant, a player of an incredible level.

“He was effective on the flank for a lot longer than me. For me, the position of left-back is one where I played to start my career.

“Given my physical and technical characteristics, it was logical for me to move to the centre-. Since the age of 28 I’ve always played in the middle.”

Finally, Chiello was asked what he’ll do when he hangs up his boots.

“I haven’t fixed a date to retire. I feel even better than I did two or three years ago. I will see year on year, with the idea of continuing as long as I’m at the top and I’m not left with my tongue hanging out after every match.

“After that? I’d like to stay in football, but not as a Coach. It’s too much stress and there’s too much to manage off the pitch.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Italy have what it takes'

http://www.football-italia.net/103999/chiellini-italy-have-what-it-takes

Jun 11, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini believes Italy can have their say in Spain in September and assures Juventus “will try again next year” for the Champions League.

The Azzurri beat Liechtenstein 5-0 this evening to stay top of their World Cup qualifying group alongside Spain, albeit behind on goal difference.

That’s because the Spaniards won 2-1 away to Macedonia this evening.

“We didn’t really expect Macedonia to take points off Spain, even if anything is possible in football,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

“The important thing is that we did our job and won the game. In the second half we were sharper and more concentrated. We’ve got to thank the fans at the Dacia Arena, as I didn’t expect such a wonderful atmosphere. It was a great evening.”

The World Cup qualifying spot – avoiding the play-offs – will therefore be decided in Madrid on September 2.

“We’ve got what it takes and just need to stay calm. We’ll need a strong performance using our strengths and characteristics. Spain will have more possession, but we can still hurt them.”

Chiellini and Juventus are fresh from a painful defeat to Spanish opposition, the Champions League Final with Real Madrid.

“We’re accustomed to it really… Everything passes with time and you are left with the experience. It was a dream for everyone, but we’ll try again next year.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: Bonucci no big loss, but…

http://www.football-italia.net/106229/chiellini-bonucci-no-big-loss-but…

Jul 24, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini claims Leonardo Bonucci is no big loss to Juventus but admits “I think we could do with another centre-back”.

Bonucci sensationally quit Juve for Milan earlier in the month, and while Chiellini confessed he did not see the move coming, he felt Juve would “have no problems” without his fellow Italy stalwart.

“Bonucci’s departure? I didn’t expect it and, above all, I didn’t expect the destination,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“That being said, if we’re all okay in defence, we’ll have no problems.

“Still, we may need another centre-bacl because Barzagli, Benatia and I will need to rest every now and then.

“That's why I think we could do with an extra hand.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Bonucci is a brother’

http://www.football-italia.net/109050/chiellini-‘bonucci-brother’

Aug 30, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini bears no malice toward Leonardo Bonucci for leaving Juventus - “we remain friends and brothers”.

The centre-back completed a shock move to Milan earlier this summer, breaking up the famous ‘BBC’ defence he had formed alongside Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli.

The trio have all been reunited on Italy duty this week, and there is no ill-feeling over this summer’s transfer.

“I was sure Bonucci would stay at Juve,” Chiellini admitted in today’s Press conference.

“It’s a pleasure to be back here together, with a person with whom I shared so many beautiful moments and made so many sacrifices.

“It’s hard to go forward with a constantly unchanged group. We’re used to changes, and this year there haven’t been big changes.

“We expended a lot to reach Cardiff [for the Champions League final] and it’s normal there’s a bit of rust to shake off.

“We talked to him [Bonucci] when he left and we still talk to him. He was more than a teammate, we remain friends and brothers. The person remains.

“Sooner or later everyone stops.”

Benedikt Howedes is currently undergoing his medicals with the Bianconeri, but Chiellini doesn’t see him as a Bonucci replacement.

“He’s different from Bonucci. It would be wrong to look for a player like Bonucci, just as it would have been wrong to look for a player like [Andrea] Pirlo. You need to find the balance in the squad.

“When Buffon stops? We’ll have to keep playing, he’ll be replaced by a great goalkeeper.”

Italy face Spain and Israel in this international break, with the former being seen as decisive in who tops the World Cup qualification group.

“We’ll find a different Spain,” Chiellini warned.

“They’ve restarted with a young CT [Julen Lopetegui], to expect to face a team like we did in Paris [at Euro 2016] would be wrong.

“I expect to see a more lively team and at home they’ll be dangerous, they’re a great team to play. The important thing is to get to the World Cup.

“I hope we can breathe the same air in Russia that we did in Montpellier, those were strong emotions.

“We’re calm, we’re ready, we want to transit the idea of being a strong squad, for our own growth.

“After Spain-Italy there will still be a lot of matches to play, there will be other important matches.

“Games with Spain have always been technical and tactical, I don’t expect us to win 3-0 but nor do I expect us to lose 3-0.

“Alvaro Morata? I think he’s an exceptional player. He has the margins to improve even more, and working with [Antonio] Conte he’ll get even better.

“He’s an incredible player, worth the money spent on him. If he has space to attack he’s devastating, he attacks crosses well too but he doesn’t like playing with his back to goal.

“He’s grown a lot.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini suffers calf injury

http://www.football-italia.net/109235/chiellini-suffers-calf-injury

Sep 1, 2017

There are unconfirmed reports that Giorgio Chiellini will miss Italy’s World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Israel with a calf injury.

According to La Stampa, Chiellini has left Italy’s training camp after experiencing “severe pain” and undergoing tests on Friday morning.

Furthermore, the defender could even miss Juventus’ Champions League opener against Barcelona on September 12 as the newspaper speculates he could be out for up to three weeks.

Sky Sport Italia and Gazzetta dello Sport are among the outlets that have since picked up the story.

The 32-year-old struggled with a calf problem last season and could now be set to join Sami Khedira and Claudio Marchisio on the Bianconeri’s treatment table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini 'doubt with Barcelona'

http://www.football-italia.net/109281/chiellini-doubt-barcelona

Sep 2, 2017

Juventus confirm Giorgio Chiellini’s calf injury is “not serious,” but he remains at risk against Chievo and Barcelona.

The centre-back pulled out of international duty ahead of World Cup qualifiers with Spain and Israel.

Now tests have showed the trauma to the right calf muscle is “not serious, but necessitates further monitoring over the next few days.

“He remains in doubt to participate in the next Serie A (Chievo) and Champions League (Barcelona) matches.”

The Bianconeri face Barcelona in the Champions League on September 12.

Chiellini has a long history of calf problems, suffering injuries that ruled him out of the Euro 2012 Final, the 2015 Champions League Final, 2016 clash with Bayern Munich and World Cup qualifier with Macedonia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'I'll suffer with teammates'

http://www.football-italia.net/109289/chiellini-ill-suffer-teammates

Sep 2, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini “will suffer along with my teammates” from a distance after missing Italy’s World Cup qualifier with Spain.

The defender is already back in Turin after tests identified a minor calf strain.

“The check-up went well and over the next few days we’ll see how long it’ll take before I can start playing again,” Chiellini told Sky Sport Italia.

“We hope that I can get back in time for the Champions League match against Barcelona on September 12.

“Tonight I’ll watch the Italy game and suffer along with my teammates.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No talks for Chiellini renewal

http://www.football-italia.net/109856/no-talks-chiellini-renewal

Sep 14, 2017

Juventus have reportedly still to open talks with Giorgio Chiellini over a new contract, but it’s not likely to present a problem.

The centre-back, who is currently sidelined with injury, will be out of contract in the summer, with his contract to expire on June 30.

There have been suggestions that a new two-year deal is being offered, but calciomercato.it believes that no talks have so far taken place.

However, relations are good between the parties so when they do sit down to talk there should be no problems in working out a deal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini donates salary to charity

http://www.football-italia.net/110594/chiellini-donates-salary-charity

Sep 29, 2017

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has pledged to donate 1 percent of his salary to charity.

A screenshot of an e-mail sent by Chiellini leaked on social media, asking if he could join Juan Mata’s Common Goal initiative in broken English.

“This isn’t really about my pledge to Common Goal. This is about all of us footballers giving back as a team,” the 33-year-old was quoted as saying by the Telegraph.

“Individually our pledges might not change the world. But together we can make a real difference.”

The Manchester United attacker added: “Giorgio is a true leader both on and off the pitch and I am deeply humbled to welcome him to the Common Goal team.

“With a role model like him on-board, I have no doubt many younger players will follow.”

He becomes the fourth professional footballer to join up after Mata, Bayern Munich’s Mats Hummels and Women’s World Cup winners Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan.

Common Goal explains on its official website: “We’re uniting the world of footballers behind a shared commitment to give back.

The idea is simple. Players pledge a minimum of 1% of their wages to a collective fund. And we allocate this fund to football charities that create the greatest impact worldwide.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini looks back at Juve years

http://www.football-italia.net/111384/chiellini-looks-back-juve-years

Oct 16, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini admits “there’s always Champions League disappointment” and reveals his pride at replacing Pavel Nedved on his Juventus debut.

Chiellini looked back on his Juve career with the club’s in-house TV channel on Monday, the defender having made his first appearance for the Bianconeri almost 12 years ago to the day.

“We were one step away from making history in 2015 and 2017,” he explained.

“When you think about it, there’s always a bit of disappointment but also the awareness of having done something extraordinary.

“There was a lot of emotion: I’d only arrived two months before [my debut], but like all the youth at Juventus, it took a while to enter a team of champions.

“I just think about how, in that game, I replaced a Ballon d’Or winner in Pavel Nedved.

“When you get here, you’re catapulted into another reality and you struggle a bit at first, but eventually I was able to cement my place in the team.

“Scoring in the 2015 Coppa Italia? That was a special game because I scored and dedicated my goal to my daughter, who was born a few months later.

“It was the first cup I lifted as captain and it moved me. It was also the first trophy in a run of three consecutive doubles and it really made us dream.

“First Scudetto in 2012? The emotions I felt in Trieste would only be comparable to if we won in Berlin and Cardiff because that Scudetto came after so many years of suffering.

“After so many difficulties, it marked a rebirth: there was an incredible amount of tension that week, and the explosion of joy we experienced in Trieste was among the greatest I’ve ever lived.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ’50-50 with Sweden’

http://www.football-italia.net/112548/chiellini-’50-50-sweden’

Nov 9, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini warns the odds of Italy getting past Sweden are “50-50”, and laments the loss of “real defenders”.

The Azzurri face the Scandinavian nation tomorrow and on Monday in the World Cup play-off, as they look to avoid failing to qualify for the first time in 60 years.

“Zlatan Ibrahimovic? I’m glad to avoid him in such a context,” Chiellini told Gazzetta dello Sport when asked about the injured striker, who retired from international football last summer.

“Look out for Sweden though. They play a perfect 4-4-2 with compact and narrow lines which doesn’t make it easy for you to do well.

“In a play-off the parameters are reset, we have a 50-50 chance of going through.

“We need to find the lightheartedness we have lost after Spain, a game we thought and hoped could have ended differently in every point of view.

“Shortly after that we were whistled against Israel in Reggio Emilia which I thought was out of place, when we started the group we knew 99 per cent that this would be our path.

“We’ll be ready for the play-offs.”

CT Giampiero Ventura is expected to rely on the ‘BBC’ defence of Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Chiellini; with goalkeeper Gigi Buffon in behind.

Those four formed the basis of the Juventus defence for their six consecutive Scudetti, and have 411 caps between them, but why isn’t there a generation of defenders behind them?

“Because of Guardiolismo [Pep Guardiola’s style of football]. Yes, Guardiolismo ruined a lot of defenders in Italy. Now everyone wants to build the play, but no-one knows how to mark.

“It’s a shame, because certain features have allowed our football to excel everywhere. We’ll never have the tiki-taka of Spain, it’s just not in our philosophy.

“Here we’re looking for some pure talents in attack, but also some real defenders would be very much appreciated.

“You need that healthy desire to seek contact, to feel the opponent. [Daniele] Rugani, [Mattia] Caldara and [Alessio] Romagnoli are, in my opinion, defenders who are growing quickly.

“So in the long-run I think we’re covered, but we need to rediscover our tradition, get back to producing real defenders in large quantities.”

Chiellini was also asked about Juventus’ uncharacteristically defensively shaky start to the season.

“You need to find the right alchemy. Understanding is invaluable for teams like ours.

“Teams full of phenomena can play in various ways, but Juve will never be Real Madrid and we have to start with organisation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘My last Italy game’

http://www.football-italia.net/112779/chiellini-‘my-last-italy-game’

Nov 13, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini confirmed his Italy retirement, complimented Sweden on their World Cup qualification and called this exit “Zero Hour” for the Azzurri.

The 0-0 draw at San Siro was not enough to overturn the 1-0 first leg defeat to Sweden, so the Nazionale miss their first World Cup since 1958.

“At the end of the day it was deserved. I am not someone who clings to good luck or the referee, we compliment Sweden. We gave everything we had, but evidently at this moment it was not enough and they deserved it more than we did,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport.

“We must resume from the love shown to us from Milan, but also the whole nation. We were truly proud of everything around us and therefore even more disappointed not to get the result.

“We have many young lads who over the next few years will need this same love and support. It’s a long road ahead and after a fall like this there is much work to be done.

“Over the last three years or so we have asked for this love to never leave the Nazionale. Italy will begin again from Marco Verratti and many other lads born in the 1990s who will be mature for the next Euros, which fortunately we’ll have some games at home.

“I am certain that if what we saw tonight can be built on, it will be seen as a Zero Hour. Italy hadn’t missed the World Cup in 60 years, so clearly it is a sea change. Football belongs to everyone and we all want to create a new era.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti