Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130540 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)
imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Chiellini Set For New Contract

According to Tuttosport, Juventus hardman Giorgio Chiellini is set

to pledge his long-term future to the club by signing a new contract.

Chiellini was one of the Bianconeri?s outstanding performers last season, and was a rock at the centre of the defence after transforming from his natural left back position.

The 23-year-old made 30 Serie A appearances, scoring three goals, and has developed into a real fan?s favourite.

Chiellini is now set to be rewarded for his efforts with a new contract until 2012, which will net him ?2m a-season, double of what he currently earns.

Negotiations are already well underway, and it is believed that the stopper could put his final signature at the bottom of the treaty within the next 10 days.

The former Fiorentina star, who is currently on duty with Italy at Euro 2008, came mightily close to leaving the club last summer.

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco had set up a move for him to join Sven-Goran Eriksson at Manchester City, but the deal fell through in the latter stages. Chiellini is now being tipped as the future captain of the Old Lady.

Modificato da Socrates

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2 messaggi

In a few years Giorgio will be the best CB\LB in the world,every year he better and better,like a wine.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
1 messaggio

I really like this guy,fantastic player.He was briliant in last season,and against Spain in quarter final of EURO.Without mistakes!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
3 messaggi

Definitively Giorgio is allready one of the best in his positions in the world!!! He reminds me of Zambro but much stronger...and much LOYAL! FORZA La Vecchia Signora!!! .rulez

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

We Can Make Champions League Final - Chiellini

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini talked about the national team and his ambition to lift a trophy in the coming season.

It's almost time for every team to get back on the training ground for the summer. Next Thursday it's Juventus' turn, and defender Giorgio Chiellini thinks this year will be the right one to lift a trophy again.

"This year I want us to lift a trophy," he said.

Today he will be honored by politician Pier Ferdinando Casini as Italy's best player at Euro 2008. "I did not expect to do so well, but it should be a starting point for me," was his reaction to that.

On the national team and Marcello Lippi's return, he said: "Nothing changes for me, I only have to think about working hard and being ready. With Donadoni I've also done well."

Coming back on Juventus: "I can't wait to get started. I'm enjoying the last days of rest, but I talk to my team mates and the coach every day and I'm working on my own to restart well."

On the Champions League, Chiellini did not hide his ambition: "I can't wait to get back into Europe. With Capello I had played 6 games. This year I want to go all the way. In these competitions not always the best team wins: we will need to do great things, but we have what it takes to get to the final.

"We start from an excellent basis and we also have another new player coming in. Of course, it's not easy to rebuild the team of champions of the past, but we are on the right road."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Cabrini: Chiellini In My Top 5 Defenders

Defensive legend Antonio Cabrini has heaped praise upon Juventus back Giorgio Chiellini...

Former Juventus and Italy defender Antonio Cabrini has added to the many voices in Italy touting current Juve centre back Chiellini as one of the best in the world and the leader of the new generation of great Italian defenders.

Italy has a rich tradition of defensive powerhouses with names like Gentile, Scirea, Maldini and Baresi instantly springing to mind. Now, an heir in in the shape of tall 23-year-old Chiellini may have been found. Cabrini sees the former Livorno and Fiorentina player as the fifth best defender in the world after the highly regarded Alessandro Nesta, Philippe Mexes, Christoph Metzelder and Fabio Cannavaro.

?His most important characteristic is his ability to react quickly despite his size, a quality which he probably developed while playing on the wing,? said former World Cup winner Cabrini.

Indeed, Chiellini is still young, turning 24 on the 14 August, with a great deal of time to develop and improve his game further.

?He only began playing the central defensive role with continuity at the beginning of last season and still has plenty to improve upon,? said Cabrini, adding, ?I believe that in the future he can reach the levels of Nesta and Cannavaro at his best.?

These are flattering words that will surely motivate the 13-times-capped player to reach new heights in his game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Sunderland Chase Chiellini

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is being chased by Premier League side Sunderland, according to Tuttosport.

The stopper has been linked with a number of English teams this summer with Manchester City having shown an interest previously.

Roy Keane is now looking to enter the race as he attempts to bring in some muscle at the back.

Tuttosport claims the Black Cats are ready to test the Bianconeri's resolve with a sizable offer.

However, it is unlikely that Juve will consider letting Chiellini move as he is regarded as a first choice in Claudio Ranieri?s team.

The Italian international has been outstanding for club and country and he was one of La Nazionale?s best defenders during Euro 2008.

Chiellini joined Juventus in 2005 from Fiorentina and he has established himself as one of the top defenders in Serie A.

The Old Lady has Champions League and Scudetto ambitions this term and the Pisa-born centre-back is likely to stay.

Ranieri has his own problems at the back with a number of injuries hitting his defenders. Dario Knezevic, Jorge Andrade and Christian Molinaro are all injured. Thus, selling Chiellini to another club seems impossible.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini Out For Six To Eight Weeks

Juventus fans will be able to sleep easier tonight after it was revealed that Giorgio Chiellini

hasn't damaged his cruciate ligament. However, he is still expected to be out of action for around 45 to 60 days.

Chiellini injured his knee during a tussle with Milan?s Alberto Paloschi during last night?s Trofeo Berlusconi at San Siro.

The 24-year-old was eventually stretchered off the pitch in absolute agony, and there were fears that he had suffered a serious injury after he described having felt a ?crack? in his knee.

The chances of a cruciate ligament injury which could have ruled him out for six months, or even longer, was very real, but medical tests carried out today by Juventus medics have ruled out such damage.

Chiellini is expected to be back in action in around six to eight week?s time, which could mean a return around the end of September.

He is likely to miss the first four Serie A games against Fiorentina, Udinese, Cagliari and Catania, as well as the second leg of Juventus? Champions League qualifier, and the first group game should they make it to the tournament proper.

Internationally he will miss Italy?s friendly against Austria on Wednesday, and his place in the squad has been taken by club colleague Nicola Legrottaglie. He will also be absent from the Azzurri?s first two 2010 World Cup qualifiers away at Cyprus on September 6, and at home to Georgia four days later.

A possible return could be Juventus? trip to Sampdoria on September 28.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini Relieved After Injury Scare

Juventus star Giorgio Chiellini has spoken of his relief after his knee injury

proved to not be as serious as had first been feared.

Chiellini badly twisted his knee during last night?s 4-1 defeat to Milan in the Berlusconi Trophy at San Siro, and there had been serious fears that he had suffered a cruciate ligament injury that could have ruled him out for six months or more.

However, medical tests by Juventus doctors today revealed that Chiellini had experienced a first or second degree sprain in one of the muscles in his left knee, which will keep him sidelined for between 45 and 60 days.

?Fortunately the ligament is ok,? Chiellini said as he left the Fornaca Clinic in Turin.

?Any risk of more serious damage has been exorcized, which would have meant missing most of the season.

?I already had less pain this morning, but I was still a bit tense until I got the results. They definitely took a big weight off my chest.

?Now I'll concentrate on resting for a few days and then I'll start working to get back on the pitch, but without rushing.

?I just want to thank all my team mates, my friends and the fans who have been expressing their sympathy to me since last night.?

Chiellini will now rest completely for the next 10 days, before he begins his journey back to fitness. The 24-year-old suffered a similar injury in January of this year, and missed a month before returning to the field.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi

Chiellini get well @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini To Return For Next Serie A Match?

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini might be back sooner than expected following his knee injury.

Initially it seemed like Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini would have had to stay out at least a month and a half following the knee injury he sustained during the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy against Milan. However, the diagnosis wasn't as bad as expected, and now it seems the Italian international could be back for the Bianconeri by mid-September.

"Concerning my conditions, I have to be cautious," he said. "I got a big scare at the Berlusconi match, but now I'm improving and I started running again. We'll see how it goes if I start to kick the ball again."

On Juve's opening match against Fiorentina, which saw them give up a 1-0 lead a minute before the end, he said: "I saw the match against Fiorentina and I was disappointed with the draw considering it seemed like we would be able to bring home the three points. Too bad, but I still saw a good Juve."

The defender will have some time to recover before the league resumes on 13 September, after the international break for the World Cup qualifying matches.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini Back In Training

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is looking likely to be back for the Serie A match with Udinese next Sunday

after returning to training, and taking part in a match within ranks today.

Chiellini badly twisted his knee during the friendly defeat to Milan in the Berlusconi Trophy at San Siro on August 17, and there had been serious fears that he had suffered a cruciate ligament injury that could have ruled him out for six months or more.

The injury proved not to be serious, although he was still expected to be out with a knee sprain for at least six weeks.

Chiellini?s recovery has been miraculously fast though, and he is already back in training, taking part in an intense session this morning with those not on international duty.

The 24-year-old also played in a training match within ranks, along with Marco Marchionni, David Trezeguet and Cristiano Zanetti, who are all recovering from injury too.

The latter three all scored, and there is now every chance that they could be in contention for next week?s Serie A clash with Udinese at the Stadio Olimpico.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini Ready And Raring To Go

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini admits he cannot wait to get back in action

and he reveals he will be ready to play against Zenit St Petersburg in the Champions League next week.

The Italian stopper has been out of action since twisting his knee during the Berlusconi trophy defeat to Milan last month.

He has now made a full recovery and he cannot wait to get back in action for his side to help with their Scudetto and European push.

?I hope to be on the pitch against Zenit. Everyone wants to play in a game like that,? Chiellini told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

?The knee is doing fine and I am ready but it will be the coach who decides whether to play me this Sunday against Udinese or on Wednesday in the Champions League.?

Chiellini is also adamant on success both domestically and in Europe and he admits that everyone is fired up for glory this term.

?We all have the will to win something. Scudetto or Champions League and I think we will win one of them,? added the stopper.

?Zenit are the surprise team of the group and we would have preferred to avoid them.?

Chiellini is likely to be drafted straight into action this weekend as Nicola Legrottaglie has picked up an injury with La Nazionale and he is unlikely to feature against Udinese.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Inter Have An Advantage But We Will Fight - Chiellini

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini knows his side?s Scudetto push will not be easy this season

and he believes Inter have an advantage over the other challengers.

The Bianconeri have put Europe and the Tricolore on top of their agenda this term as they attempt to win some major Silverware for the first time since lifting the Serie B title in 2007.

Chiellini has just returned from injury and he can?t wait to get back into action to help his side along the road to glory.

?The Champions League will have an extra special appeal for us after two years of hard work and it will be better than the league. I really want to play against Zenit,? said the stopper.

?The Scudetto? Inter begin with an advantage over everyone else because they have a squad of 26 players who are all stronger than each other.

?However, it?s Jose Mourinho?s first year in charge and mmistakes will happen where as we already know what Claudio Ranieri expects from us.?

The Bianconeri pick up their Serie A campaign against Udinese this weekend and they will be hoping for maximum points.

Chiellini is available to Ranieri but he may be rested with the Champions League game next week in mind.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini Disappointed With Result

Italian international defender Giorgio Chiellini expressed his disappointment for failing to grab

the three wins in Bulgaria on Saturday evening, even though the team played well at the end of the day.

Chiellini just recovered from an injury he suffered with Juventus and had a good game against the Bulgarian national side in the third match of Group eight.

"I had a few physical problems lately with Juventus, but now they're solved," explained the former Fiorentina defender.

"I'm happy about the performance against Bulgaria, but we're disappointed for not having won the game.

"We came here to win, and in the end the entire squad played well. Now let's think about Montenegro, where we must take home the win."

Chiellini was not very impressed with Manchester United's Berbatov.

"He did not do much, but they [bulgaria] did not use his strengths well," he added. "However, he was the only man of Bulgaria able to make the difference. He's worth his transfer fee.?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Without Ibra And Maicon Inter Would Struggle - Chiellini

Juventus defender and fan favourite Giorgio Chiellini thinks Inter would struggle badly

without two key players: Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Maicon.

One of the reasons why defender Giorgio Chiellini is one of the most popular Juventus players among the fans is the fact he often seems to express the thoughts of the average Juve supporter. That is especially evident in his frequent criticisms, to use an understatement, of fierce rivals Inter.

In his latest anti-Inter comments, he claims that without two key players, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Maicon, the Nerazzurri would struggle badly.

"Inter are a great team, but without two phenomenons like Ibra and Maicon they would really, really struggle," said Chiellini. "But let's not say that Mourinho's Inter is the same as Mancini's: the Portuguese's hand is already starting to show, the Inter team of the second part of last season is much inferior to this one."

He then talked about Juve's current situation: "We have done less than we expected from ourselves, especially in the league. Looking at the table, we are too far from our true value, aside from the injuries. We have made some mistakes but we have to get back up, we cannot afford to be in the lower half of the table. In the derby we will be tired, but a victory like the against Real Madrid cancels out the fatigue."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini's Christmas Wish? Nine Points For Juventus

A good Christmas run in both Serie A and the Champions League are on the defender's wish list...

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is looking forward to finishing the year with a flourish by racking up as many points as possible from now until the Christmas break.

Lecce, Bate Borisov and Milan are Juve's next three opponents, and Chiellini is hoping his side take all nine points.

The fixture which sticks out is a showdown with the Rossoneri. Both the Old Lady and Diavolo will fight against each other and Inter this term as they aim for the Scudetto.

Chiellini is well aware that failure to beat them could mean the end of his title ambitions.

?The game against Milan is impotant for us and I hope it doesn't end in a draw because this will favour Inter,? Chiellini told Juventus Channel.

?I don't think Milan are in crisis. It will be hard as usual. Our objective is the Scudetto and we have to get as close to Inter as we possibly can by racking up maximum points from now until the break.

?Now we have to think about the Lecce game at the weekend.?

Europe is also playing on the stopper's mind and he insists a first place finish in group H of the Champions League is vital.

?We cannot fail against Bate. It would be like committing suicide if we fail to finish in top spot,? concluded Chiellini.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Chiellini: Premier League Move? Fantasy Football!

A move to the Premier League is off for Chiellini as he eyes some top trophies this season...

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has ruled out a potential move to the Premier League, describing it as 'fantasy football'.

A stunning season, where solid and consistent performances have been the norm, has seen the Juve stopper linked with a number of clubs including Arsenal.

His brother and representative, Claudio, denied the speculation, and Giorgio has now added more weight to suggest that he will extend his stay in Turin.

"Moving to England? I think it all fantasy football," Chiellini told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"At the moment I cannot see myself playing for another team, be it foreign or Italian.

"And, as well as this, Juve will never put me up for sale and I am proud of this."

The Scudetto and Champions League are still up for grabs, and Chiellini admits that winning one of those will be just rewards for another season of hard work.

"We cannot really decide which title we would prefer, but I am sure that we will win something," added the defender.

"We have to see what happens. The key is moving forward and hoping someone slips up."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Guest Luigi Daniele
0 messaggi

Win them both, Giorgio @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Juventus Boosted By Earlier Than Expected Chiellini Return

Thankfully for the Old Lady it seems as if Giorgio Chiellini will be right to face Chelsea in two weeks time.

Juventus took part in arguably their most disappointing match of the season at the weekend, as they were defeated by Cagliari at home only for the second time all season.

In addition to this, they lost two key players throughout the clash, in Giorgio Chiellini and Cristiano Zanetti.

The former, who had missed several matches prior to the Cagliari one, suffered a recurrence of a thigh strain, which initially was expected to keep him out of action for 20-25 days.

This meant that his participation in the first leg of the Bianconeri?s crucial Champions League tie with Chelsea was put into serious doubt, as the two side?s are set to do battle on February 25.

Having said this though, the latest scans have suggested that the injury is not as serious as initially believed, meaning that a period of around 10-15 days should be enough time for the superstar defender to fully recover from the strain.

This news certainly means that Chiellini will be taking his place in London later this month, providing that there are no further complications along the way.

It?s a massive boost to the plans of the coach Claudio Ranieri ahead of that tie, as Chiellini is undoubtedly one of the club?s most influential figures.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Giorgio Chiellini To Undergo Nose Surgery Today

The Bianconeri have confirmed that the stopper fractured his nose on Saturday and will go under the knife today.

Juventus central defender Giorgio Chiellini sustained a broken nose during Saturday?s 4-1 home win over Bologna at the Stadio Olimpico and will be operated on today.

?Giorgio Chiellini suffered a nasal fracture in the match with Bologna,? a statement on the Old Lady?s official website reads.

?The player will undergo surgery on Monday to reduce the fracture. The operation will take place at the Chivasso Hospital and will be performed by Professor Libero Tubino.

?It is likely that the player will resume training 48 hours after the surgery by wearing a guard.?

The Italian international is, therefore, expected to travel with the rest of the Bianconeri squad to face Roma at the Stadio Olimpico next weekend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Scudetto Dream Almost Dead - Chiellini

Juventus center-back Giorgio Chiellini admitted that the Scudetto race is all but over.

A few days ago Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon admitted that the Scudetto race is practically over. It seems he isn't the only Juventus player to think that way, as defender Giorgio Chiellini also feels that last week's draw against Chievo was the final straw.

"Whereas before it was already very difficult, now it's almost impossible," he said to Sky. "This year Juventus, just like Milan and Roma, have lacked continuity. Inter have lost just two games or so, I'm not sure exactly, but they had only two or three missteps, while we had five or six, Milan seven-eight, and Roma about ten. That's the difference.

"Now the Coppa Italia match against Lazio is more important than the one in the league against Inter. Still, the reality is that when you are playing against Inter you don't think about the next match in the Coppa Italia four days later, you only think about that great match."

On the 3-3 draw against Chievo, he commented, "It's never easy to prepare for a match in two days after the international break, especially for us since we've almost always played at night this season.

"After the game I was a bit angry for a couple of days, because we threw away the match after getting back into it. I honestly think we deserved to win in the second half. Unfortunately these kinds of results affect an entire season, because matches like these have to be won."

On the criticisms aimed at Juve's defence, Chiellini said, "I think that when mistakes are made at the back it's because the whole team is making mistakes. The pressure from the midfielders, the ability to take a breath and move up the pitch, there are a lot of things that cause defensive errors.

"We have talked about it between us, but very calmly, we want to avoid making the same mistakes again."

This weekend Juventus travel to face Genoa hoping to at least cut their nine-point deficit to Inter, who welcome Palermo, ahead of next weekend's Derby d'Italia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

We Deserve Second Place - Juventus Defender Chiellini

The Italian international believes his side merit the runners-up position in Serie A...

A poor run of form from Juventus has seen them fall nine points off the pace in Serie A. The Bianconeri have failed to pick up a win in their last four league matches and have allowed AC Milan to leapfrog them into second place. Centre-back Giorgio Chiellini spoke about his side's campaign and the potential return of Fabio Cannavaro.

"Our goal is second place, because during the year I think we deserve it more than Milan," the 24-year-old suggested to Juventus Channel.

"The criticism is normal, because up until a month ago there were so many expectations on us. Until a month ago we were having a great season. However, the dressing room is united and we are all behind Ranieri.

The player then commented on the likely return of Italy captain Cannavaro to the club.

"It would be important for the whole team, because he is a great player and a great person. He would give us a hand not only on the field, but in the locker room as well. I'm sure he'll help us win something, because he is a leader and a winner."

Chiellini and Cannavaro have already been used on several occasions together for the Italian national team by Marcello Lippi, as they are his preferred pairing at the back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

My Dream Is To Lift The Champions League With Juventus -

Giorgio Chiellini

Chiellini has highlighted his ambitions for the future

as he seeks to achieve success on a grand international scale...

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has revealed his quest for glory as he 'dreams' of winning the Champions League trophy with the Bianconeri.

The stopper has been outstanding this term, but he will finish the season empty-handed as another fruitless harvest develops in Turin. Directors are busy planning ahead for next season, and Chiellini is keen on glory as he aims for the big time.

"My dream is to win the Champions League with Juventus, and lift the World Cup with Italy," Chiellini told Calcio 2000.

"I have felt a big part of this club over the years and I have developed alongside great players and people. I hope to stay here as long as possible."

Sampdoria ace Antonio Cassano has been consistently linked with a move to Juve. Chiellini will welcome 'Il Talentino' with open arms should the Bianconeri decide to gamble with the hit-man.

"I think he would do very well here, but it's down to the club on who to buy. Antonio is a great champion," added the stopper.

Juve are currently third in Serie A as they prepare to welcome Atalanta to the Olimpico this Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130540 messaggi

Arsenal Gunning For Giorgio Chiellini

:haha:

Tabloid reports suggest the central defender is attracting Wenger's interest...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly chasing Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini, despite reportedly having his transfer kitty cut to just ?13 million.

The Gunners boss has previously said he would be aiming to sign experienced players in the summer, and could start with a summer move for the Italian defender.

However, a report in The Daily Mail today have suggested that Wenger's transfer budget has been revised, and cut down to just ?13 million, meaning a move for the 24-year-old Italian would be his main signing in the summer.

The news may mean Wenger decides to cash in on some of his stars, with Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie moving ever closer to an Emirates Stadium exit.

Togolese striker Adebayor is likely to bring in a sum of around ?20 million if he is sold, with AC Milan and Chelsea showing a keen interest in signing him.

Wenger's priority is a central defender however, and it is felt that Chiellini could be the answer, with the Italian expected to cost around ?10 million.

Chiellini has been playing for Juventus since moving to the club in 2005 from fellow Serie A outfit Fiorentina, and has since made 103 league appearances for the club, managing 10 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti