Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

John Elkann - Andrea Agnelli

130539 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Agnelli: Juventus are fighting against everything and everyone

The Bianconeri supremo has indicated that the club will be more prudent in their criticism

of the work of match officials, but suggested that the team is being treated unfairly.

Mar 12, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has revealed the reasons why the club have decided to enforce a media blackout.

The Bianconeri decided to call media silence after Sunday's goalless draw at Genoa in protest against the standard of refereeing in the club's latest matches.

Juventus have complained on multiple occasions about the lack of penalities awarded to the club this season, and players and staff were told not to address the media after Sunday's match, in which Antonio Conte's men had a goal disallowed for offside.

"We have decided to take a moment to reflect because the thoughts we have expressed in the past are the same, but right now we consider it is not appropriate to repeat them, because of the attention that they received," Agnelli said at a news conference.

"At this point we must continue to believe our chances. We are still in contention for our two goals: Serie A and Coppa Italia, where we are fighting against everything and everyone.

"We are very satisfied, because we started a two-year project in the summer and the results are starting to show."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: Scudetto first, star later

Apr 6, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli insists the Scudetto dream is still alive – but he won’t be drawn on the third star issue.

“To be just two points behind Milan, the undisputed favourites for the title, is something to be proud of,” Agnelli stated on Friday during a Press conference to confirm a shirt sponsorship deal with Jeep.

“We have worked really hard and Coach Antonio Conte deserves a lot of credit for that,” continued the official.

“Today, with eight games left, we are playing for an achievable dream in the knowledge that many people thought that there were five teams better than us in August.”

Should Juve win the Scudetto, they could add a third gold star to their jerseys to illustrate 30 League titles – even if Calciopoli saw them lose two of their 29 championships.

“We’ll ponder that problem when we get to it,” Agnelli continued. “There is no need to think about that hypothesis right now.”

Juve have netted a financial boost with the €35m Jeep deal, but the club’s stadium is still without a brand name.

“Our two principal sponsors will be Jeep and Nike,” he added. “We know that there are talks going on about the stadium, but there is nothing concrete.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli has stars in his eyes

May 7, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says the club’s new jersey will be a “surprise” for fans when asked about the possibility of a controversial third star.

A gold star represents 10 championships in Italian football and the club insist that last night’s triumph was their 30th – and not 28th following their two stripped Calciopoli successes.

“The fans will certainly be given some nice surprises,” he stated when asked about next season’s shirt. “We’ve certainly won 30 Scudetti on the pitch.

“Our legal fight for the revoked titles? We’ll continue down that path. We want to be treated equally when it comes to sporting justice.

“Fairness is an important theme at this club.”

Juventus returned to glory on Sunday after their win against Cagliari coincided with Milan’s 4-2 loss against Inter.

“We’ve regained our pride and that is the thing that makes me most happy,” continued the chief. “There’s a lot of emotion given that this victory has arrived after two years of hard work from everybody.

“This club has been completely renewed, from the directors to the players, with shareholders who have stayed close on this twisty path.

“We are back to winning again and we are where we want to be.”

Agnelli also hailed captain Alessandro Del Piero, a player who will leave after the club refused to offer him a new contract in the summer.

“Del Piero inherited the captain’s armband here from Antonio Conte,” Agnelli continued. “I can talk about Del Piero’s qualities for the next 30 minutes…

“Only three players in the club’s history can be defined as symbols – Giampiero Boniperti, Michel Platini and Del Piero.

“This club and the fans will always be thankful to Alessandro and he still has an important game to play – the Coppa Italia against Napoli.”

As well as three gold stars, Juve’s new jersey could have a silver star added to represent 10 Italian Cup wins if they beat Napoli.

The jersey could also have Boniperti’s famous phrase – "Winning at Juventus is not important, it is the only thing that counts” – on its collar.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Lega not discussed third star

May 7, 2012

Lega Calcio President Giancarlo Abete confirms he has spoken to Andrea Agnelli since Juventus’ title win, but not about the third star.

The Bianconeri are making it clear that they believe the 2011-12 Scudetto, secured on Sunday evening, is the club’s 30th, despite 2006’s Calciopoli rulings that officially stripped them of two titles.

However, on the subsequent issue of sewing a third star on to the club’s shirt for next season - a star is added for every 10 titles won - President Agnelli only confirmed that fans would be in for a ‘surprise’ for next season’s shirt design.

The Lega Calcio’s chief Abete admits that like everyone else he is intrigued by this tease, as he confirms he has not yet discussed the issue with the club.

“Agnelli said that there will be a surprise for supporters on the jersey? If it’s a surprise then I too await to know the contents of it,” Abete told reporters on Monday.

“This morning I called Agnelli, we have not spoken about this issue, but I congratulated him in my role as President of the federation.

“Juventus’ return to the top is an important signal for all of Italian football, for what Juventus represents, for the moment of great difficulty that they experienced and for their ability to return to the top and hopefully, ultimately, also to good results at a European level.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli confident over third star: Juventus fans will be in for a nice surprise

The Bianconeri president echoed the sentiments of club stakeholders, stating that

the team won all 30 Scudetti on the pitch and that he is expecting a positive outcome.

May 7, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has claimed that he has some good news in store for supporters after revealing that a "nice" surprise potentially awaits them.

The debate over the third star to mark 30 Serie A titles for the Old Lady on their forthcoming jersey continues to rage on, as the club are adamant that they have won all of their league successes fairly, despite the Calciopoli verdict stripping them of their previous two crowns.

However, amidst all the fuss, the president has reached out to the fans and hinted that they should expect a new addition above the side's shield on next season's shirt.

"Next year, Juventus fans will be in store for some nice surprises on the shirt," Agnelli told Calciosport24.

"We definitely won our 30 titles on the pitch. The prosecutor said our 2004-05 title has not been affected, and the one for 2005-06 was not investigated."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: 'Juve dream come true'

May 8, 2012

Andrea Agnelli feels the Scudetto is “the first dream come true. It represents the rediscovered pride of the Juventus people.”

The President celebrated as his squad came out 2-0 winners over Cagliari in Trieste, mathematically securing the title ahead of Milan.

“This result is the first dream come true,” he told Tuttosport. “For me this Scudetto represents the rediscovered pride of the Juventus people.

“This was the first objective I had set myself when becoming President two years ago. It has been a difficult and complex experience on a tortuous journey.

“As with every business, and sport is not an exception, what makes the difference is the people you choose. It was a long process and we got here thanks to choosing the right people.

“When I arrived two years ago, I found a difficult situation in terms of the club and the team. I had to pick people who could bring the right approach back.

“We revamped the squad and have only five players who were also here two years ago. As for the Coach, Antonio Conte knew how to transmit his determination, aggression and conviction to reach an objective that at the start of the season we could not even have hoped for.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: 'Invincible Juve in history'

May 16, 2012

President Andrea Agnelli opened the new Juventus Museum by stating this season’s team “will be remembered as the Invincibles.”

The club inaugurated the museum within the Juventus Stadium as part of their revamp and are still celebrating the Scudetto.

“At the start of the season nobody gave us as favourites, while at most they tipped us for fourth place, but it brought us to an extraordinary title and celebration.

“The joy was immense because of how the season went and in comparison with the previous two campaigns. We will be remembered as the Invincibles.”

Antonio Conte’s side are the first to finish a 20-team Serie A season unbeaten and have the chance to win the Coppa Italia against Napoli on Sunday evening.

“We are concentrated on the Napoli challenge, an important game against a team that put Champions League finalists Chelsea in crisis. Next year we’ll start on a par with all the others and must as always earn everything on the field.”

The museum is on the east side of the Juventus Stadium and marks the 115 years of the club, including trophies, memorabilia and multimedia components in Italian and English.

“This museum also covers the history of my family,” continued Agnelli. “It includes cult objects with more traditional ones and you can see the evolution of football as a whole. There are also many video clips and so much more for the Juventus fans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli: The days of big-money transfers are behind us

Juventus supremo believes that the global recession will influence the football world,

as he hailed Juve as one of the most successful teams ever in the game.

May 22, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has voiced his opinion that mega-money transfers are something of the past as he feels the global recession will take its toll on the football world in the next few years.

Agnelli believes that it is inevitable that clubs will change their spending pattern, but is confident that fans will continue to attend games, regardless of the economical situation.

"I think the days of big-money transfers will be phased out," Agnelli stated at the London Business School’s Global Leadership Summit.

"But the most important element - the fans - will still continue to go to the games. Sport is about dreams and emotions and is a way of escaping the problems of the real world."

The Bianconeri boss then went on to stress that the Serie A champions are one of the most successful clubs in the world.

"When we talk about Juventus it’s a matter of pride. It is one of the most successful football teams and the longest-lasting family franchise in the world of sport. My family has overseen 29 title victories since taking control of the club in 1923."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory

May 22, 2012

President Andrea Agnelli has confirmed Juventus consider this to be their 30th Scudetto and “it’s never too early” to go for Champions League victory.

The 36-year-old patron spoke to CNN after winning the first post-Calciopoli title.

“Well for the official records it's the 28th, for every single Juventino in the world it's the 30th,” he noted.

“It's a very tough matter, I would say. One of the privileges of managing Juventus is managing people's dreams and emotions - in our emotions and our feelings we have 30.”

The Bianconeri failed to qualify for Europe last season, but are in the Champions League next term and Agnelli sees no reason why they can’t win it.

“It's never too early. Juventus takes part in every single competition with ambitions of winning it.”

Juve were unbeaten for the entire season until losing the Coppa Italia Final 2-0 to Napoli on Sunday.

“If they would have asked me in September, 'At the end of the year you win the Scudetto but lose the Coppa Italia final,' I would have signed a hundred times no question about it, so we're extremely proud of what we've done.

“I think it's been an extraordinary result, let's say we've just missed a little topping on the cake and we might leave that for next year.

“What I've tried to do is to revive the pride of being at Juventus. We're all extremely proud that we've achieved that in only two years.

“We might not be full of stars but we're full of "wannabe" stars. Arturo Vidal is going to become a star - he's 24, he's got over 40 caps for his national team, he can be a star.”

However, it was the end of the road for Alessandro Del Piero, who has not been offered a new contract.

“I think Alessandro, as I've said many times, will always represent Juventus,” added Agnelli.

“He's been our captain for 10 years and what a finale - lifting the trophy, that's an amazing story. I think we always have to be grateful to him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli’s Juve target top player

June 1, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has admitted that the time has arrived for the club to sign a top player.

The Old Lady went in search of a big name signing last summer, but they were foiled in their attempts to buy Sergio Aguero from Atletico Madrid and then Villarreal’s Giuseppe Rossi.

“Winning the Champions League is an objective for Juventus next season and we are now ready to net a top player,” Agnelli told La Stampa after his club’s Scudetto success.

“Signing a big name player two years ago would have been a waste of time. It would have been like buying a plasma TV when you really needed to build a house first.

“Now we just have to make some evaluations on who to target – to consider whether a player is a good lad or one who has the spirit of a rebel.”

The Old Lady are hoping to sign a notable centre-forward and they’ve been paired with Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain, Arsenal’s Robin Van Persie and Liverpool’s Luis Suarez amongst others.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli: Juventus don't recognise the FIGC's method of counting Scudetti

Speaking at the unveiling of the Bianconeri's new kit, the 36-year-old criticised

the governing body's handling of Calciopoli, and is confident Antonio Conte will clear his name.

Jul 11, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has stated that the club do not recognise the Italian FA's (FIGC) methods of counting the number of Serie A titles the club have won.

The Old Lady lifted what would have been their 30th Scudetto last season, were it not for their titles in 2004-05 and 2005-06 being stripped in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal.

However, the club maintained their innocence throughout the saga, and were adamant that they would add a third star to the crest on their kits for the coming campaign.

And Agnelli revealed that the Bianconeri found a novel method of circumventing controversy when it came to designing their jerseys for next season.

"I always said that Juve would respect the decisions of that time [2006]," he said at the unveiling of the new kit.

"New facts have emerged, so I have decided not to agree with that decision. The games were legal and I have to protect the company which I represent as the president, and a fan of Juventus.

"We did the maths: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 etc equals 30. The arithmetic of the Federation is to miss out two and get 28. So we removed the two stars from the jersey, and wrote the words 'Thirty on the field' on the top."

Six years on, another match-fixing scandal, Scommessopoli, has plagued Italian football, and Juventus boss Antonio Conte was allegedly aware of illegal activities when he was the coach of Siena.

However, Agnelli has given Conte his full support, and said that the 42-year-old has not had an opportunity to clear his name.

"It's been all over the front pages several times," he continued. "But he hasn't had an opportunity to have his voice heard yet. On Friday, he's finally going to Rome, summoned by the court.

"I'll give my views: I know his values and his personality. He finally has the opportunity to go to court and explain his position under interrogation, before returning to Juventus in peace the next day."

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri had joked earlier on Wednesday that Juve had won 31 titles, including their Serie B triumph after being relegated for their part in the scandal, but Agnelli brushed off the 44-year-old's comments.

"It makes me laugh that he likes to talk about Juventus, without looking at his own home." .asd

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

'Nobody will be abandoned' - Juventus president Agnelli vows

to stand by Conte amidst match-fixing accusations

The former Italy international is accused of failing to report two attempts to arrange

the outcome of a game during his time in charge of Siena, but the owner is behind his man.

Jul 26, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has vowed to stand by coach Antonio Conte, defender Leonardo Bonucci, winger Simone Pepe and the two club officials implicated in the Scommessopoli match-fixing scandal.

On Thursday morning, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) revealed the identity of the 44 players and 13 clubs under investigation as part of their enquiry into the affair.

Bonucci has been charged with sporting fraud, while Conte and Pepe stand accused of failing to report instances of match-fixing. Agnelli, though, insists that Juve intend to support all three, as well as coaches Angelo Alessio and Cristian Stellini.

"Today’s events leave a bitter taste in our mouths, which is relieved only by the awareness that, as stated by the Italian sporting authorities, the circumstances will be clarified ahead of any case," the Bianconeri supremo explained in a statement on the Old Lady's official website.

"On behalf of our club, I'd like to confirm that our full support lies with Antonio Conte, Angelo Alessio, Christian Stellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe.

"Juventus are a company on the Stock Exchange, but people perceive us like a team, and all those involved who have devoted work and passion to the Bianconeri’s colours have an even stronger perception.

"In teams, people help one another while fighting, losing and winning. But nobody is alone. And even now nobody will be abandoned."

The charges against Conte relate to two games involving former club Siena, the club he left for Juventus last summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli 'sadness' at betting charges

Jul 26, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli expressed “deep sadness” after Antonio Conte, Simone Pepe and Leonardo Bonucci were charged in the betting scandal.

Coach Conte and Pepe were charged with failing to report an attempted fix to the authorities at Siena and Udinese respectively, while Bonucci is charged with sporting fraud due to his time at Bari.

“Today’s events leave a deep sadness in all of us, mitigated by the knowledge that, as indicated by the leaders of Italian football, the sporting justice system will find clarity,” said Juventus President Agnelli.

“On behalf of the club I confirm our full support for Antonio Conte, Angelo Alessio, Christian Stellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe.”

Alessio and Stellini are members of Conte’s management staff who were also with him at Siena.

“Juventus are a club floated on the stock exchange, but for those of us who dedicate our work and passion to the Bianconeri colours, it is more than that.

“In a team you help each other out and battle. Whether you win or lose, you are never left alone. I can assure everyone that will be the case this time too.”

There are reports Conte could face a six-month ban, so Juventus could hand the bench to a surrogate tactician for that period.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus attack 'dictatorial' FIGC

Aug 2, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has launched a scathing attack on the sporting justice system, as Antonio Conte refuses a plea bargain and will try to plead his innocence.

Conte was talked into accepting a plea bargain of four months and a €200,000 fine yesterday in the betting scandal, but the Disciplinary Commission judges surprisingly turned it down.

The Coach, who is involved due to his time at Siena and the testimony of just one player – Filippo Carobbio – has rejected a new plea bargain attempt and will go to full trial in order to prove his innocence.

In taking this route, Conte faces a potential 15-month ban. Juventus President Agnelli released a scathing statement that attacks the entire sporting justice system.

“We have realised the FIGC and its sporting justice system continue to operate outside of all logic for rights and fairness.

“For a long time and with great sense of responsibility, Juventus and its employees have maintained a relaxed and consistent attitude towards the institutions and respect for attitudes that straight away suggested a new attack was aimed at damaging the club.

“The results of these various charges show enormous contradictions and seem to protect exclusively those who committed sporting fraud. This is paradoxical and cannot be accepted.”

Carobbio’s testimony is considered credible in accusing Conte despite the fact another 23 Siena players who were in the team meeting also testified that the Coach never alluded to any fixed games.

The Italian sporting justice system is effectively set up so that one is guilty until proven innocent, which is why many take plea bargains to avoid much longer bans and a long trial process.

“Yesterday’s decision of the FIGC Disciplinary Commission to reject an offer of a plea bargain that had already been pondered and underwritten by the Prosecutor, is proof of the total inadequacy of the sporting justice system and the Federation within which it operates,” continued Agnelli.

“I must again point out the incapability this structure has of interpreting the needs of modern professional football at the highest level.

“The path of plea bargaining in order to limit the damage done by a contradictory sporting justice system clashes against a dictatorial system that robs clubs and their employees of any right to defence or honour.

“The respectability of individuals is put in danger and it is therefore up to them to make the final decision on which path to take, aware Juventus will support them in every court.

“It will be a complex and difficult season, but the concentration on performances on the field remains high with the objective to confirm ourselves as winners in May 2013.”

This betting scandal comes in the wake of the Calciopoli investigation and controversy over the intercepted phone calls involving other clubs like Inter that were not taken into consideration during the original 2006 trial.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

FIGC: 'Agnelli criticism unacceptable'

:103:

Aug 2, 2012

The FIGC has reacted angrily to Juventus President Andrea Agnelli’s “unacceptable” attack on their sporting justice system.

The Bianconeri patron released a harsh statement today when Antonio Conte began the betting trial, in which he risks a 15-month ban.

“The FIGC operates fairly in the full respect of the rules that guarantee the independence and autonomy of the Sporting Justice system,” read the Federation’s response.

“The evaluations of Juventus President Andrea Agnelli are unacceptable and go beyond the legitimate right to criticism.

“They also contrast with the statements he made on July 26, in which the natural sadness at the charges was – in the words of Agnelli – ‘mitigated by the knowledge the rules of the sporting justice system will achieve clarity in this match that is played in front of the various courts.’”

Agnelli’s statement today was extremely critical of the entire system, which it accused of being “dictatorial” and of protecting those who confessed to sporting fraud more than those who maintained their innocence.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

FIGC hits back at Agnelli: His criticism is unacceptable

:103:

The governing body for Italian football stated that the Bianconeri president's

comments are beyond the pale after he accused it of operating in a dictatorial system.

Aug 2, 2012

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has responded to the comments made by Juventus president Andrea Agnelli about the legitimacy of the organisation's decisions.

Earlier on Friday, the Bianconeri chief publicly criticised the governing body for Italian football as coach Antonio Conte will go on trial to prove his innocence in the Scommessopoli scandal after his plea bargain deal was rejected by magistrates.

Agnelli had accused the FIGC of operating on a 'dictatorial system', and the federation has now come out to criticise the comments made by the Juventus supremo.

"The FIGC and its administrative bodies operate in the full respect of the rules which guarantee the independence and autonomy of the sporting justice," a FIGC statement read.

"The comments made by Juventus president Andrea Agnelli are unacceptable and go beyond the legitimate right to criticism.

"They also contrast with the statements he made on July 26, in which the natural sadness at the charges was - in his own words - 'mitigated by the knowledge that the rules of the sporting justice system will achieve clarity in this match which is played in front of the various courts.'"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus chief targets new glory

Aug 17, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli insists it’s time to forget last season’s success. “We now have to aim for new targets.”

The Old Lady won the Scudetto by going unbeaten, while they finished as runners-up to Napoli in the Italian Cup.

“We set out on a journey two years ago when we almost completely revamped the team,” Agnelli told Sky Sport Italia.

“Now we've achieved success and we proved ourselves again in Beijing by deservedly winning the Super Cup [against Napoli].

“But we must realign our sights on the next targets. Our Serie A and Super Cup triumphs are in the past now – we have to move on.”

Juve will again be battling for the title domestically, but La Signora will also be facing the prospect of Champions League football again.

“We set out to win every competition we enter,” he continued. “There will be other pretenders to the same crowns, both at home and abroad, but this squad can hold its own.

“In Italy we'll be aiming for a repeat of last season and in Europe we must believe that we can dream again.

“I have a good feeling about the coming season.”

It will be a different kind of campaign for the Bianconeri though seeing as nobody will wear the No 10 shirt following the departure of Alessandro Del Piero.

“The No 10 is a heavy shirt,” Agnelli noted. “It's a shirt worn by great players. Alessandro was a great player, as were Roberto Baggio, Michel Platini and Omar Sivori.

“Unlike in the past, there's no obligation to field a No 10 nowadays. But when the time is right somebody will wear it again.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Juventus can dream of Champions League success, says Agnelli

The Juve supremo is full of confidence ahead of the new season, and believes

the Scudetto holders can make an impact on the Continent this season.

Aug 17, 2012

Andrea Agnelli is hopeful that Juventus can challenge for Champions League glory again in the 2012-13 campaign.

The Turin giants return to European club football's elite competition this season after a two-year absence, and the club's president is feeling positive about the Old Lady's chances.

"Juventus set out to win every competition they enter. There will be other pretenders to the same crowns, both at home and abroad, but this squad can hold its own," Agnelli stated to Sky Italia.

"In Italy we will be aiming for a repeat of last season and in Europe we must believe that we can dream again.

"I have a good feeling about the coming season. We set out on a journey two years ago when we almost completely revamped the team. Now we have achieved success, and we proved ourselves again in Beijing by deservedly winning the Supercoppa.

"But we must realign our sights on the next targets. Our Serie A and Supercoppa triumphs are in the past now, we have to move on."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli furious with court's decision

to uphold Conte's ban in 'witch hunt' case

The club president was left fuming after the appeal against the suspension

of the coach was turned down, and called for reforms in the country's legal system.

Aug 22, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has blasted the Italian Federal Court of Justice after they decided to uphold Antonio Conte's 10-month ban from football.

The coach was suspended by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) until the end of 2012-13 after failing to report two incidences of match-fixing while he was in charge of Siena.

The coach and the club filed an appeal against the decision, but the court refused to remove or reduce the ban.

"For many months I have observed this situation with disbelief, accompanied by a growing bewilderment regarding sporting justice which resembles a witch hunt," Agnelli told the club's official website.

"Given that Conte was found not guilty in one of the two matches for which he was originally sentenced, the decision to uphold the full sentence arbitrarily imposes a sentence that, in effect, is double what it should be.

"To impose the original sentence is like not accounting for the truth, fair justice and fails simple arithmetic. For months, I listened to members of the concerned legal institutions, and other commentators in the field told me to trust the sport judicial system.

"Yet, this is a system content to make decisions and brandish penalties in the absence of evidence. It is a system that allows for plea bargains to be easily lodged, yet, rejects them without reason. "

Despite the outcome, Agnelli once again declared his full support of his coach.

"I reiterate the full support of Juventus towards Antonio Conte as well as Angelo Alessio, who is also fighting against the system which, in my opinion, is in need of great structural reform. Antonio Conte, as already repeatedly stated is and will remain the coach of Juventus

"However, I am confident in the judicial bodies of C.O.N.I, who we will now look to help us in this battle against such profound injustice which among other things causes damages not just to individuals but companies, too."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: 'Conte witch-hunt!'

Aug 22, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has again blasted the sporting justice system for “confirming our worst suspicions” after Antonio Conte’s 10-month ban was confirmed.

The Coach had hoped to be cleared of failing to alert authorities to a potential fix while at Siena, but although he was cleared of wrong-doing in one of the matches under investigation, the suspension remains intact.

“Today’s Federal Court sentence confirms our worst suspicions on the matter that involved Antonio Conte,” announced Agnelli on the official Juventus website.

“For many months I have observed this situation with incredulity, accompanied by a growing sense of shock, for a sporting justice system that increasingly resembles a witch-hunt.

“Today we’ve reached the apex. When faced with a clear victory in the court, they decided to kill logic and apply the ban in an arbitrary manner, even doubling it.

“Basically, after months and months in which we heard a certain Filippo Carobbio explain his Coach invited the players to draw the game during a pre-match meeting (Novara-Siena), today we discover Conte’s total innocence in that incident, but they are clinging to the second accusation (Albinoleffe-Siena) to apply the same punishment as the first trial.

“This ignores all good faith for truth, arithmetic and justice – real justice.

“The entire sporting justice system is happy to perform quick trials with asymmetric approach to different cases, people or worse clubs and with barbaric methods that do not belong in a democracy.

“Not only, this system first of all encourages a plea bargain as an easy way out when insulting the sentiment and sense of justice of the individual, only to then refute it without reason.”

Juventus confirmed they will take their next appeal to the TNAS tribunal at CONI.

“As we have confirmed, Antonio Conte is and will continue to be the Juventus Coach. After deservedly winning the Italian Super Cup, bringing up new envy and old ‘anti-Juve’ militants, the team is united in taking on Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

“Anyone who thinks the sporting justice events of the summer will affect our season has badly miscalculated the situation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus defend ticket prices

Oct 3, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says he’s satisfied with the attendance at last night’s Champions League tie. “No more than 10,000 would have shown up at the Delle Alpi…”

The Juventus Stadium is usually close to being sold out for Serie A matches, but high ticket prices have been blamed for only around 30,000 fans turning up against Shakhtar Donetsk.

“There has been some criticism about prices, but the problems are varied,” Agnelli told Sky Sport Italia on Wednesday.

“The prices were in line with those adopted for games given a second tier status, without any increases.

“I believe that the fact we got 30,000 supporters was a positive seeing as 10,000 wouldn’t have come at our old Stadio Delle Alpi.

“This confirms how welcoming our new arena is, how it encourages fans to come to the stadium.”

Juve demolished their old 70,000 capacity Delle Alpi to replace it with the 41,000-seater Juventus Stadium which opened last year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus: Fewer fans = higher income

Oct 4, 2012

Juventus’ second lowest attendance at their new home on Tuesday actually generated their fifth highest income in terms of gate receipts.

The Old Lady made their Champions League debut in the Juventus Stadium against Shakhtar Donetsk this week, but only 29,368 people attended. The arena’s capacity is 41,000.

Only last season’s Coppa Italia tie against Bologna registered fewer spectators.

However, according to Tuttosport, the club actually netted around €1.5m in ticket sales – only four other matches played there have brought in more cash.

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli yesterday defended the club’s pricing of tickets, which averaged €51.

A seat in the Curva on Tuesday was €40. In comparison, Milan offered fans a mini-season ticket for their three Champions League home games this season for the same price.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli: Juventus to close the gap with rest of Europe

The Bianconeri supremo is determined to further help the club forward

by developing the area around their stadium in order to generate more funds.

Oct 4, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli believes that the Serie A champions can close the gap with the European top with their plans to develop significantly the Continassa district in and around the club's stadium by 2015-16.

The 36-year-old is aiming to locate the club’s first-team training centre and administrative headquarters in the area, while also constructing a hotel, multiplex cinema, fitness centre and new private accommodation in the area.

"It will be another step forward that places us ahead of our Italian competitors and allows us to bridge the gap with those in Europe," Agnelli stated in a meeting at the city hall.

"We’ve always aimed for excellence and leadership and this is certainly a first-rate project which confirms our ambitions.

"It will also be a further investment in this area, an investment that when placed alongside the stadium, museum and Area 12 amounts to €350 million."

Back in March, Juventus' new stadium was awarded the right to host the 2014 Europa League final by Uefa.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

Agnelli: Conte's ban remains an injustice

The Bianconeri supremo was not impressed with the decision to reduce Conte's ban,

and feels the coach should have been acquitted instead.

Oct 6, 2012

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has voiced his dismay with TNAS' decision not to fully acquit head coach Antonio Conte.

The former Siena boss saw his suspension for failing to report two instances of match-fixing reduced from 10 to four months on Friday, but Agnelli feels Conte should not have been banned at all.

"The confirmation of his suspension is an injustice which should prompt the entire footballing system to ask itself questions," an official statement reads.

"I maintain my view, which is shared by everyone at Juventus, that Antonio Conte is an innocent man and in no way guilty of the charges levelled at him.

"After so much has been written and said about this issue, the appropriate sporting bodies must proceed with a far-reaching reform of the sporting justice system, so it can avoid perilous inconsistencies – in terms of the length and severity of sanctions – the likes of which have occurred over the last few years."

Conte will be able to return to the Juve bench for the clash with Palermo on December 9, one day after his ban expires.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130539 messaggi

logo.png

Agnelli: 'No Calciopoli evidence'

Oct 10, 2012

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has reaffirmed Antonio Conte’s innocence in the betting trial and insists “there was not a single shred of evidence” in Calciopoli.

The patron has already spoken out in favour of Conte after his 10-month ban was reduced to four on appeal for failing to report a potential fix to the authorities while he was at Siena.

“It took me just two minutes with Conte to understand his innocence,” said Agnelli at a Leaders in Football meeting at Stamford Bridge.

However, he also looked back at the 2006 trial that saw Juventus demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Scudetti.

“The conclusions were based on speculation. There was not a single shred of evidence against us. The decision was based on Article 1, relative to sporting behaviour.

“The conclusion was that if you behave in an anti-sporting manner three times, then it counts as sporting fraud, but there was no proof. It was all speculation.

“There is a court of justice that ruled the 2005-06 season was not influenced in any way and another court ruled that the previous season was never under investigation.”

Juve and then-director Luciano Moggi maintained they were not running a cabal aimed to influence referees, but that every club was contacting officials in roughly the same way.

Meanwhile, President Agnelli also commented on the economic revolution at the club that has come with the Juventus Stadium.

“For some time Juventus have been adhering to the Financial Fair Play rules and I hope other European clubs will too.

“The Champions League is the most prestigious competition on the continent and, considering our history, we must try to win it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti