Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

John Elkann - Andrea Agnelli

130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte hits back at Agnelli

http://www.football-italia.net/111797/conte-hits-back-agnelli

Oct 24, 2017

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte hit back at Juventus President Andrea Agnelli. “Sometimes it just takes a little appreciation and maturity.”

The row blew up after Agnelli made a speech today at the Juve Shareholders’ meeting in which he thanked current boss Max Allegri for “doing an extraordinary job, carrying on work that others believed had already been concluded.”

This was a clear allusion to Conte, who walked out after winning three straight Scudetti, just days into the new pre-season training.

Conte replied via his official Facebook page, again naming no names.

“In life you never stop getting to know people… Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of appreciation. And maturity.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli appeal delayed

http://www.football-italia.net/112856/agnelli-appeal-delayed

Nov 15, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli’s appeal against a ban for illegal ticket sales has been postponed.

The Bianconeri chief was banned for a year after tickets were given to the club’s ultras, breaking rules over their sale.

Those tickets later found their way into the hands of organised crime, though the original trial confirmed that Agnelli could not have known this.

Today the appeal was due to be heard by the Federal Appeals Court, but it has been postponed to a later date, which has not yet been determined.

The defence wanted more time to gather new evidence, and the new trial is likely to be December 4.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli decision December 18

http://www.football-italia.net/113787/agnelli-decision-december-18

Dec 4, 2017

The FIGC’s appeals court will make a decision on Juventus President Andrea Agnelli’s ban on December 18.

The Bianconeri patron was given a one-year ban for illegally selling tickets to ultras, but he has appealed the decision.

The court heard evidence for around two and a half hours today, and delayed its decision until December 18.

According to Agnelli’s lawyer, Franco Coppi, more time is needed to examine 1,200 pages of relevant material.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘CL the goal for Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/114200/‘cl-goal-juventus’

Dec 13, 2017

Andrea Agnelli says the Champions League must be the target for Juventus, and aims a jab at Leonardo Bonucci.

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for the past six years in a row, but have been beaten in the Champions League final in two of the last three years.

“Legendary pages have been written, but now the horizons must widen,” Agnelli said at the club’s Christmas party.

“Christmas is a moment of reflection, but it won’t be this year because - for the first time in Italy - attentions will be turned to the pitch.

“We’ll stay focused, but inevitably I sometimes look back with pride when thinking about what we’ve done in recent years, thinking of these six consecutive league titles.

“Then with great affection there are also those who shift the balance and are no longer here [it was suggested by some that Bonucci's move to Milan would shift the balance of power in the Rossoneri's favour], but we also have to remember Leo won six Scudetti…

“Thinking about what these lads have done is extraordinary, and that’s how it must be defined. They've written football history.

“When you think of the Juventus of the Quinquennio, of il Grande Torino, it’s impossible not to think of this Juventus, which went even further by writing a page of history.

“We have not one but two monkeys on our back, we know that. And we know that our objectives and our horizons must broaden: the horizon is Europe, we care about that.

“This year we know it’s an objective, while all those years ago it started as a dream. We still harbour a dream, but we know we have our own dimension in Europe.”

Agnelli also attended the Gazzetta dello Sport Awards last night, and in accepting the team of the year prize for Juve, he said something which has been interpreted as a jab at Paulo Dybala.

Pavel Nedved said this week that La Joya had to “make sacrifices” on and off the pitch to truly fulfil his potential.

“Being the Juventus president means having the sweet obsession with victory,” Agnelli said.

“Results like those we have achieved and that we want to continue to obtain are the result of work because talent is not enough.

“The champions who are here today are also taught by Juventus: talent isn’t enough, you need to train”.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Agnelli ban revoked, but...

http://www.football-italia.net/114485/official-agnelli-ban-revoked

Dec 18, 2017

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has had his one-year ban for selling tickets to ultras lifted, but the club’s Curva Sud will be closed for one match.

The FIGC’s Federal Court partially accepted Juve’s appeal as Agnelli’s suspension has been brought forward to today’s date.

However, the 42-year-old will be required to pay a €100,000 fine, while the Allianz Stadium’s Tribuna Sud stand will be sealed off for the Bianconeri’s first Serie A home game of 2018.

Lastly, the Old Lady have had their fine doubled from €300,000 to €600,000.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

On this day: Nedved wins Ballon d’Or

Nedved-BallondOr-epa_1.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/114665/day-nedved-wins-ballon-d’or

Dec 22, 2017

On this day in 2003, Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved beat Thierry Henry and Paolo Maldini to the Ballon d’Or.

The Czech midfielder had been in stunning form in the 2002-03 season, scoring 14 goals in 45 games across all competitions.

That was the best return of his career in Italy, and the second-best of his entire career following his 19 goal season for Sparta Prague in 1995-96.

Nedved helped Juve to win the Scudetto by seven points from Carlo Ancelotti’s Milan, but it was arguably in Europe where his influence was most apparent.

His 15 games brought five goals, including a crucial away goal at Camp Nou in the quarter-finals.

In the semi-final tie with Real Madrid, Nedved was arguably the best player on the park for the second leg in Turin.

Having provided a crucial cross for David Trezeguet’s opener, it was ‘the Czech Fury’ who put the game to bed with the third goal.

Gianluca Zambrotta launched a long ball over the top and Nedved surged beyond the Merengues defence to power a half-volley past Iker Casillas.

Zinedine Zidane made it 3-1 though, and Juve had to avoid the concession of another goal or they’d be eliminated on away goals.

With his side under pressure, Nedved dropped into central midfield and as the minutes ticked away he tackled Zidane in central midfield.

The ball broke to Steve McManaman, and Nedved chased after the Englishman.

When the former Liverpool man cut inside though, the Czech stuck out a leg and while there wasn’t much contact, McManaman went down.

Nedved-_Makelele-epa.jpg

Referee Urs Meier brandished a yellow card and Nedved sank to his knees, his famous blonde locks obscuring his face - he would miss the final through suspension.

There are still Juventini who contend to this day they’d have beaten Milan in that match had Nedved been fit.

As it was a dull 0-0 was decided on penalties, and the Rossoneri lifted their fifth European Cup.

Nedved would have seen it as scant reward, but his performances were recognised as he was awarded the 2003 Ballon d’Or.

He received a total of 45 votes, 27 of them for first place, for a total of 190 points to easily beat Henry on 128 and Maldini on 123.

“I did not even dream of winning such an award,” Nedved insisted afterward.

“I heard about the nominees and being among them, but I did not believe in my chances too much. For me, Thierry Henry is the best forward in the world now. If I had voted I would have voted for Thierry and for the other players on the podium.”

Nedved would finish second in the voting in the following season - Milan’s Andriy Shevchenko won - having led the Czech Republic to the semi-finals of Euro 2004.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved: ‘Buffon will decide’

Nedved: ‘Juventus want the treble’

https://www.football-italia.net/115643/nedved-‘buffon-will-decide’

https://www.football-italia.net/115644/nedved-‘juventus-want-treble’

Jan 15, 2018

Juventus Vice-President Pavel Nedved notes Gianluigi Buffon “has not announced he will retire”, so he’ll decide with President Andrea Agnelli.

The legendary goalkeeper plans to hang up his gloves at the end of the current season, but has said he’ll play on if the Bianconeri win the Champions League.

“He hasn’t announced he’ll retire at the end of the season,” Nedved pointed out, speaking to  Lidové Noviny in his native Czech Republic.

“He’ll decide with President Agnelli. Gigi’s performances are always great, and we’re happy to have him with us.

“The Ballon d’Or? If it were up to me I’d give it to him. He is truly special. Sadly you can’t slow down age and Gigi probably won’t have his trophy… Not even for his achievements.”

Nedved won that trophy in 2003, and was asked about his memories of that time.

“I remember the head of France Football magazine came to Turin with the Ballon D’Or in a case.

“He gave it to me before the match and I was running around the stadium and showing it to fans.

“The fans were standing applauding and I just wanted the match to start because the trophy was so heavy! I got tired a long time before I even kicked the ball.

“Retirement? I have so much do to in my job as a director that I don’t know where to start, even if I have to admit I’m sorry for the way my career ended so quickly.

“But I gave everything I had to football . Even though I still enjoy it when I put on my boots and play with friends, I don’t miss it that much.

“When I said in 2009 I was retiring it wasn’t a difficult decision, but it was irreversible. I was exhausted. Juve wouldn’t have been a winning team with me anymore.

““I didn’t want to play for a smaller club. I could have, there were offers from MLS to finish my career there but I wouldn’t have enjoyed it.

“I wanted to retire while I was still on top and not fade out slowly. I hope I achieved that.”

Pavel Nedved admits Napoli “are doing extraordinary things” but Juventus want to “win all three competitions”.

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for the past six seasons in a row, but find themselves a point behind Napoli after 20 games.

“We’re only a point behind, but I have to admit that Napoli are doing extraordinary things,” Nedved confessed, speaking to Lidové Noviny.

“They’re well organised, they have great players and they’re hungry because they haven’t won a Scudetto since the days of [Diego] Maradona.

“If we manage to win our 7th straight Scudetto, which is our objective, it will be the most difficult defence.

“We’re still in all three competitions and we want to win them all. The biggest priority for our fans is the Champions League, but my priority is to win all three competitions.

“I never lower my ambitions and I appreciate how our lads are still pushing forward.

“Some of our players can win their seventh Scudetto in a row, which really is amazing when you realise that once the season is over, it all resets and you go again.”

Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup - as did the Czech Republic - and Nedved was asked about the absence of his homeland and his adopted nation.

“Would I get involved with the Czech Federation? Why not, I’m Czech. As Italian as I feel, we need to invest more in sport. But don’t think Italians are much better off in that regard.

“[Missing the World Cup] was a huge blow. Italy is a big country and they’ve always had - and always will have - talented players. But if the country doesn’t create some sort of a system, it will keep suffering.

“Football is by far the most popular sport in Italy and Italian football doesn’t have a President of the Lega, doesn’t have a President of the FIGC, doesn’t have stadiums, and their teams don’t have B teams.

“Right now we’re looking for a new man to begin a new era of Italian football. That could be Damiano Tommasi, the ex-Roma midfielder. We hope things will get better.”

Nedved is arguably the greatest Czech player of all time, and he was asked if he sees his heir in Serie A.

“You don’t have to look very far,” the Ballon d’Or winner assured.

“Look at Udinese; [Antonín] Barák and [Jakub] Jankto are doing really well. Even though there isn’t the pressure which would come at bigger clubs, I still congratulate them for their performances.

“My affection towards Czech players is understandable and I’m glad when someone from Juventus tells me ‘look, this Barák lad is a solid player’.

“I’m still really taken with the idea of bringing a Czech player to the club. That’s not a hint, but clearly both Jankto and Barák can play in Serie A at the highest level.

“Jankto is fast, direct, hungry for goals. Barák came in the summer and took the league by storm. I like his physicality and his humility. He’s a left-footed player who defends, attacks and does a lot of running.

“Like me? I wouldn’t compare him to myself, we’re not the same.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus to face MLS all-stars

https://www.football-italia.net/118868/juventus-face-mls-all-stars

Mar 22, 2018

Juventus will take on a Major League Soccer all-stars team in Atlanta on August 1.

The European season doesn’t finish until the Champions League final on May 26, but plans are already being made for summer friendlies.

Today is has been announced that one of those will be an MLS all-star side taking on the Bianconeri in Atlanta in the USA.

The game will be held at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home of Atlanta FC and the Atlanta Falcons NFL team.

Last season’s all-star game was against Real Madrid, with the likes of Kaka, Sebastian Giovinco, Bastian Schweinsteiger and David Villa representing MLS.

Giovinco is of course a former Juve player, and has been starring for Toronto FC since moving to Canada in 2015.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: ‘VAR irreversible’

https://www.football-italia.net/119089/agnelli-‘var-irreversible’

Mar 27, 2018

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli says VAR is “an irreversible process”, and hopes it will be introduced in the Champions League.

The Bianconeri chief was elected as the head of the European Club Association in September, and he chaired a meeting in Rome today.

“It was introduced in Italy, in Germany, in some international competitions and it’ll be used at the World Cup,” Agnelli said of the Video Assistant Referee technology.

“You can’t go back, it’s an irreversible process but UEFA’s timescale has to be respected. We hope it can be introduced by 2020.”

UEFA President Alksander Ceferin sounded a note of caution, however.

“We have not talked about it with the clubs, but before applying it to the Champions League, it needs to be perfect.

“Technology can help the referees, but the system is still not ready.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agnelli: 'Live not for regrets'

https://www.football-italia.net/119964/agnelli-live-not-regrets

Apr 15, 2018

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli assured the club must “live not for regrets, but for objectives, focusing on the next result ahead.”

The Bianconeri crashed out of the Champions League this week with a controversial last-gasp penalty, despite winning 3-1 away to Real Madrid.

“The growth of the club is the best result,” said Agnelli when presenting the Official Fan Club Day.

“I thank you from the heart for being here from all over the world, to spread your Bianconeri passion.

“We had hoped to emerge with a different result, but our job is to look forward. We live not for regrets, but for objectives, focusing on the next result ahead of us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli proposes new Champions League

https://www.football-italia.net/121817/agnelli-proposes-new-champions-league

May 23, 2018

Juventus President and chairman of the European Club Association Andrea Agnelli outlined his plans for a new Champions League format.

Agnelli sat down with The Guardian to discuss the backlash against FIFA President Gianni Infantino’s proposed new approach to the Club World Cup.

“We all want more international [European] games and less domestic, combined with an overall reduction of games because we don’t want to go over a certain number. And we said: ‘Let’s come up with a proposal.’”

Agnelli and the ECA want to maintain 32 clubs in the Champions League, but rather than eight groups of four teams, they’d have four much larger groups of eight sides each.

They would therefore play at least 14 matches in the opening phase of the Champions League rather than the current six.

“You could say that whoever participates [in the expanded Champions League] has to play in the national league with six U21 or U23 players, but it’s brainstorming because there isn’t a project at the moment.

“Whether we are Man United, Real Madrid, Juventus, or Legia Warsaw, Sporting Lisbon, and Anderlecht, we all want more international exposure, to develop our brands. Today everything is about brand exposure.

“I think if we manage to find some grounds in which we can discuss this with the European national [football] associations, the European leagues, UEFA and the clubs, I think it’s just a normal evolution you would have in the game.”

Infantino invited only certain clubs to view plans for an expanded Club World Cup and this irritated Agnelli, as the ECA is meant to represent them collectively.

The Juventus chief also dismissed Real Madrid and Barcelona enthusiasm for the plan.

“If you go around to anybody saying: ‘Do you want to play football for a couple of weeks, on average you get €150m, the answer is going to be yes – it’s fairly obvious.

“This is too important for the future of football than to enter it with no information, blindfolded. As I told him, the better idea is thinking about what is the role of FIFA, the governing body? FIFA should be a governing body about good practices, not about entering commercial joint ventures with unknown investors. I am surprised the way they are behaving at the moment.

“Whatever you propose in football you will not be 100% backed. The point is the stakeholders should sit down and discuss it. You have competitive balance [problems], polarisation, we want to sit down and talk about it.

“This would be under UEFA auspices, and there would be [financial] solidarity mechanisms. I am on the record with you, but I can assure you that many of my colleagues have very similar views.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli: 'Juve target Champions'

https://www.football-italia.net/126094/agnelli-juve-target-champions

Aug 12, 2018

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli won’t disguise Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival means “the Champions League must be our objective.”

By investing over €100m plus bonuses, and a reported €30m per year salary, the Bianconeri sent out a statement of intent.

“It’s going to be a difficult year, but one where we must move from dream to objective,” Agnelli told JTV.

“The Champions League must be our objective this season. It has to be the Champions League, it has to be the Scudetto and it has to be the Coppa Italia.

“This year, we really have to set ourselves the target of winning everything. In order to achieve that, Max (Allegri) and his staff know full well, we must work day by day to reap the rewards at the end.

“It’ll be an extremely difficult campaign, full of passion, and I can’t wait for it to start.”

This afternoon the Bianconeri played their traditional in-house friendly at Villar Perosa, the senior squad beating the youth team 5-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo on target in his debut appearance.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Nedved hails Juve new boys

https://www.football-italia.net/126120/nedved-hails-juve-new-boys

Aug 13, 2018

Pavel Nedved has hailed Juventus’ signings of ‘step forward’ Cristiano Ronaldo, the ‘perfect’ Emre Can and Joao Cancelo, who has what only ‘few players’ have.

Ronaldo, Can and Cancelo were the three highest profiles to join Juve over the summer, and Nedved believes the trio will take the Bianconeri to new heights.

“I’ve experienced this atmosphere many times already, it’s a beautiful, unique feeling,” the Vice-President told JTV after Sunday’s traditional friendly between the senior and Primavera teams.

“Here you have to understand what Juventus means when you’re a new player. It’s a special day and these special fans make you understand what Juve are all about.

“The fans here are warm, they’ve immediately understood what new players are made of. I’m happy to spend this day with the Agnelli and Elkann families. They’re Juventus.

The President’s speech? As a player it gave me chills. I knew what the Agnelli family meant in Italy and for Juve, it gave you a lot of energy.

“It’s special to be here. All the players feel it from the first day. Ronaldo? Juventus’ step forward among the big clubs in Europe has been confirmed further.

“That we managed to bring Ronaldo to Juventus is something exceptional. It’ll give us a bit more for the future, as well as for all of Italian football.

“Emre Can? There was very little talk about him, but he was an important signing by the board.

“All the big clubs in Europe wanted him and we managed to get him. He’s a player who gives a lot of substance and is perfect tactically and technically.

“He’s a typical German who knows how to use the ball well. You’ll see that he’ll be very important for the team.

“Cancelo? He’s an important signing too. I’ve seen only a few players join Juve with his character, technique and vivacity. I think he’ll be important this season, especially in Europe.

“Our objectives never change. What counts for us is to win every game, we want to show it from the match against Chievo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Happy birthday, Pavel Nedved

L'immagine può contenere: 1 persona, testo

https://www.football-italia.net/127302/happy-birthday-pavel-nedved

Aug 30, 2018

Today is the 46th birthday of former Juventus and Lazio midfielder Pavel Nedvěd.

A Ballon d’Or winner considered one of the finest midfielders of his generation, Nedvěd was born in Cheb in what was then Czechoslovakia on August 30, 1972.

Raised in Skalná near the border with Germany, the youngster spent his early footballing years with Tatran Skalná, Rudá Hvězda Cheb and Škoda Plzeň [now Viktoria Plzen].

As military service was required in Czechoslovakia at the time, Nedvěd was loaned to Dukla Prague, the club run by the army, and he made his senior debut in 1991 while playing for them.

Rather than returning to Plzen on the completion of his military service, Nedvěd moved to Sparta Prague, with his former club promised 30 per cent of any fee if he were to move abroad.

Naturally left-footed, the young Nedvěd worked tirelessly to improve his right foot, reportedly using only his right in training sessions to force himself to improve.

Despite three red cards early in his Sparta career, his dedication impressed Coach Jozef Jarabinský, as Nedvěd recalled in a 2003 interview with the Scotsman.

Nedved-_Czech-_Faroes-epa.jpg

“When I was younger, there were so many guys more skilful than me. I had to work really hard to improve my skill, training harder and harder, just to be at their same level,” the midfielder said.

“If you work hard, you will have no problems with Jarabinsky. He’s just allergic to laziness.

“He was my first coach, and he explained that if I wanted to become a professional player, I had to commit myself more and more, and never be satisfied. I can remember his words.”

After scoring 19 goals in all competitions during the 1995-96 season and impressing with the Czech Republic at Euro ’96, Nedvěd began to attract interest from abroad.

Nedved-_Lazio-_Milan-epa.jpg

It was Lazio who won the race for his signature, paying 1.2m lire to bring him to Rome - a fee of around €600,000.

The move proved controversial in his homeland, however, as Sparta initially sold Nedvěd to Slovak club FC Košice for a nominal fee.

Both clubs had the same owner, Milan Valasik, but as Košice technically made the sale to Lazio, Viktoria Plzen received only a fraction of the 30 per cent they were due from Nedvěd being sold abroad.

The Czech Federation later ruled in Plzen’s favour in a tribunal, ordering Sparta to pay 35m kc.

Nedvěd made his debut for Lazio on September 7 1996 during a 1-0 defeat at Bologna, and scored his first goal for the club against Cagliari on 20 October 1996.

He would finish the season with seven goals, but Nedvěd really game into his own in the following season.

Nedved-_Lazio-_Milan-epa.jpg

Nicknamed ‘Furia Ceca’ or ‘The Czech Fury’, a pun on “blind fury”, the winger scored 13 goals in all competitions during the 1997-98 season as Lazio won the Coppa Italia and reached the UEFA Cup final.

The following season brought further silverware, with Lazio defeating Real Mallorca in the final of the Cup Winners’ Cup thanks to Nedvěd’s 81st minute winner.

That goal proved to be the last ever in the Cup Winners’ Cup, as the tournament was discontinued after that edition.

The 1999-2000 season brought even greater success, with the Czech playing 41 games as the Aquile completed the domestic double, pipping Juventus to the Scudetto by just a point.

A third-place finish followed in the subsequent season, but financial issues were starting to bite at Lazio, and Nedvěd’s agent, a certain Mino Raiola, decided to engineer a transfer.

“Pavel and his wife thought they were fine in Rome. I, however, realised that it was time for him to leave, that Lazio could not keep going as they had been,” Raiola told Gazzetta dello Sport in 2015.

Juventus had agreed to sell Zinedine Zidane to Real Madrid, and had identified Lazio’s star as a potential replacement.

“We had agreed to keep it a secret, but he broke the news that Pavel was in Turin,” Raiola recalled.

“We come in on the private plane and there were 40 journalists. Meanwhile, I had to convince his wife. It was July in Rome, the light was breaking through the trees, the birds were singing, it was warm. We get there [to Turin] and the people are running around in fur!”

The deal was eventually completed for a fee of around €41m.

After initially struggling to adapt, Coach Marcello Lippi moved Nedvěd into a new role behind strikers Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet and the Czech Fury began to roar again.

He was instrumental in the side which secured a dramatic last-day Scudetto win in 2002, and inspired his side to the Champions League final the following season.

Nedved-1610-point-epa.jpg

However, a booking in the semi-final with Real Madrid saw Nedvěd miss the game at Old Trafford and his teammates, missing his industry and invention, lost on penalties to Milan.

The Bianconeri had already secured the Scudetto, however, and Nedvěd’s form was such that he was awarded the 2003 Ballon d’Or.

Nedved-_Ballond_Or-epa.jpg

After more semi-final heartache on international duty with the Czech Republic at Euro 2004 - Nedvěd went off injured against Greece, with the Czechs having been the best side at the tournament up to that point - another two Scudetti arrived under Fabio Capello in 2005 and 2006.

There was a storm on the horizon though, and both titles were revoked in the Calciopoli scandal which saw Juve relegated to Serie B.

Nedvěd, along with Trezeguet, Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon and Mauro Camoranesi opted to remain with the Old Lady, scoring 11 goals in the second tier to win immediate promotion.

He spent a further two years with Juve before retiring at the end of the 2008-09 season - though not before a call from Jose Mourinho looking to take him to Inter.

“Jose struck a chord,” Nedvěd admitted, speaking to Idnes in 2016.

“He knew I was very attracted to the Champions League, because I’d never won it. But it couldn’t work, how could we be compatible? Not at all!

“If he’d called me from anywhere else in the world I’d have gone to him, but I couldn’t go to Inter.”

Nedvěd instead took up a directorship role in Turin, working alongside general manager Giuseppe Marotta.

In 2015 he was elected by shareholders as vice-President, a role he holds with the Old Lady to this day.

Nedved-wave-epa.jpg

Pavel Nedvěd

Games: 642
Goals: 141
International caps: 91
Goals: 18
Honours: Serie A [1999-2000, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2004-05*, 2005-06*], Cup Winners' Cup [1998–99], Coppa Italia [1998, 2000] Serie B [2006–07], Czechoslovak First League [1992–93], Czech Republic Football League [1993–94, 1994–95], Czech Cup [1996], Ballon d'Or [2003]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

New Juventus shares record

https://www.football-italia.net/127627/new-juventus-shares-record

Sep 7, 2018

Juventus hit another record on the stock exchange, closing trading with a share worth €1.343, an increase of 3.55 per cent from yesterday.

The Bianconeri’s value has sky-rocketed in recent months, partly due to the Cristiano Ronaldo effect of signing the €100m Ballon d’Or winner from Real Madrid.

Today they hit another all-time record with shares trading at €1.343, beating the previous best of €1.3247 set in January 2002.

At one stage today, Juve shares were going for €1.409.

The Bianconeri shares were worth only €0.6190 at the start of June, while over the last six months they have grown by 106.62 per cent.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli: 'UEFA need to use VAR'

https://www.football-italia.net/127835/agnelli-uefa-need-use-var

Sep 11, 2018

Juventus and ECA President Andrea Agnelli again pushed UEFA to introduce VAR in the Champions League and Europa League from “next season.”

The ECA is the European Club Association, a union of the biggest and most powerful sides on the continent, and Agnelli gave the keynote speech to conclude the summit in Split today.

“We cannot go back, we want VAR to be adopted in UEFA competitions as soon as possible,” declared Agnelli after the technology was used in the World Cup.

“I spoke to UEFA President Aleksandar Ceferin about this, he understands our position and told us that VAR will be implemented, but UEFA are comprised of 53 Federations and an appropriate preparation is needed before they can proceed.

“We are very respectful with regards to UEFA’s request that the referees are given proper training so they can maintain the standard set by the leagues that have already introduced VAR.

“We hope that next season UEFA can be in a position to introduce the technology into the Champions League and Europa League. We are all working in that direction.

“When you start working with VAR and see that the margin of error is reduced by another five per cent, it becomes a path you must go down.”

Agnelli also stated that the new Financial Fair Play regulations will be “more efficient” and discussed the packed fixture list.

“From today to 2024, when a new International Match Calendar will be defining the football landscape, the game will evolve in many noticeable ways.

“Clubs will have to be key players in the elaboration of the IMC as we are the only stakeholders in the industry that bear the entrepreneurial and sporting risks.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Juventus confirm €19m loss

https://www.football-italia.net/127915/juventus-confirm-€19m-loss

Sep 13, 2018

As expected, Juventus have announced a €19m loss for the 2017-18 financial year, largely due to a €58m drop in revenue.

It was predicted yesterday that the Bianconeri would announce a loss for the most recent financial year, as Exor, the holding company, had previewed it in its own financial statements.

Today the board of directors has signed off on the accounts which confirm “the 2017/2018 financial year closed with a loss of €19.2m, with a negative change of €61.8m compared to the €42.6m profit of the previous year”.

The main contributory factor was a €58m drop in revenue, as well as “higher amortisation and depreciation on players' registration rights of €25m” but was mitigated by “lower expenses from players' rights of €30.4m, lower taxes of € 6.6 million and, finally, lower wages and technical staff costs”, the last of which amounted to €2.8m.

Juventus’ net debt grew €147.3m to €309.8m, which was largely down to transfer campaign outlays of €119.5m, as well as the “negative cash flow of operations” at €-8m and “investments in other fixed assets and shareholdings” which added €13.2m to the debt.

The accounts only cover the period up to June 30, but do also contain a breakdown of this summer’s transfer campaign.

The summer transfer window “led to a total increase in invested capital of €220.8m resulting from acquisitions”, while “net capital gains” from sales was €35.6m, with €27m in revenue from loan deals.

The Old Lady sold 29,300 seasons tickets for a net revenue of €29.7m, up €4m from last season due to an increase in prices.

Juventus predict a loss for the 2018-19 season but that will be “strongly influenced by the performance of sports results and in particular the UEFA Champions League”.

Last year’s quarter-final exit was largely responsible for the big drop in revenue, as Juve reached the final in 2017. There was a €32.6m drop in revenue from television and radio, and a €1.4m drop in ticket sales.

The squad has a book value of €330,827,660 which is an increase of €28.8m compared to last season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli: ‘Juventus will be number one’

https://www.football-italia.net/128086/agnelli-‘juventus-will-be-number-one’

Sep 17, 2018

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli explains the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo was part of a strategy to become the “number one” biggest club in the world.

The Bianconeri completed the bombshell signing of the current Ballon d’Or over the summer, paying €100m to get him from Real Madrid.

With his salary the club is expected to invest around €340m total in the Portuguese, who scored his first two goals for Juve at the weekend.

The Financial Times carried out an investigation into the strategy behind the deal, and spoke to the President about signing CR7.

“It was the first time that the commercial side and the sporting side of Juventus came together in assessing the costs and benefits,” Agnelli explained.

“The opportunity of Ronaldo was thoroughly assessed  and it made sense, both on and off the pitch.

“We will plan, one after the other, the last remaining steps to become number one.

“We have to be in a position to be able to clinch the next Cristiano - but at the age of 25.”

Co-Chief Revenue Officer also explained that the arrival of Ronaldo is expected to bring in extra sponsorship, with the club also announcing they’re close to a record number of shirts sold.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli confirms Paratici stay

https://www.football-italia.net/128723/agnelli-confirms-paratici-stay

Oct 1, 2018

Andrea Agnelli has confirmed Juventus’ management model ‘will stay the same’ and that Fabio Paratici will effectively replace Beppe Marotta.

Paratici had been linked with following Marotta out of Juve after he was not named as a member of the club’s new board on Monday morning, but Agnelli assured the sporting director would be handed more responsibilities going forward.

“As is clear to everyone, there’s a Board of Directors which manages the club through a series of mandates,” the President explained at a meeting held by Lega Calcio.

“They will be assigned after the AGM on October 25. The management model of Juventus since my arrival will stay the same and is based on three pillars: sport, revenues and services.

“Juventus will carry on working like this. The leadership within Juventus will change. Giorgio Ricci will take care of revenues, Fabio Paratici will be responsible for the sporting area and Marco Re for services.

“Marotta and [Aldo] Mazzia did great jobs. They’ve raised young and great leaders, who are now faced by great challenges like those in 2011, although these ones are even bigger because we now work on a global level.

“We must make sure that Juventus remain at the top of European football and compete with teams who are ahead of us in terms of revenue like Bayern Munich, the Spanish, the English and Paris Saint-Germain.

“We’ve known for six years that the management of Juventus passes through the field, but both revenues and services are equally important.

“Juventus will continue to operate with continuity in a managerial sense.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli backs Moratti for FIGC?

https://www.football-italia.net/128816/agnelli-backs-moratti-figc

Oct 3, 2018

Juventus chief Andrea Agnelli is reportedly backing ex-Inter owner Massimo Moratti to become the FIGC’s next President.

According to the FIGC’s former sporting director Antonello Valentini, Agnelli wants Moratti to win the upcoming election.

Furthermore, the Juve President would have arranged to meet Moratti in front of Lega Serie A boss Gaetano Micciche on Wednesday afternoon with the intention of convincing him to put his name forward on October 22.

Moratti has been out of football since selling the remainder of his Inter shares two years ago.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli: ‘Six year plan for Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/128868/agnelli-‘six-year-plan-juventus’

Oct 4, 2018

President Andrea Agnelli believes “the next six years will be crucial for Juventus and for Italian football”.

The Bianconeri have announced a loss for the 2017-18 season, and are expected to make a further loss this season after the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Today the President sent a letter to shareholders, outlining plans for the future of both the club and calcio.

“Dear campioni d’Italia,” Agnelli begins.

“The draft balance sheet that we are submitting for your approval is a snapshot of a club, Juventus, that in recent years has grown both on the pitch, with sporting results that have elevated the Bianconeri back to the top of the Italian and international game, and off it.

“The cycle from 2010 to 2018 has brought 14 trophies into our museum, including seven consecutive Scudetto titles, an unprecedented record that only we can improve by extending it.

“An uninterrupted run of victories like this has never been seen before in Italy, so all of you shareholders can be proud of this era, which will leave a significant mark in Juventus’ history.

“Four consecutive Coppa Italia triumphs, another record that will be difficult to beat, and three Super Cups round off this chapter in our 120-year history.

“This administration intends to continue writing history by pursuing every possible objective this season: an eighth consecutive Scudetto, a fifth Coppa Italia, the Super Cup and the Champions League, a competition we have come so close to winning in recent years, with two appearances in the final as well as last-minute defeats in the quarter-finals and the Round of 16 against two of our main European competitors, who in football terms are both within our reach.

“Over the last few years, we have seen just how many pitfalls there are on the journey, just as we have discovered ourselves how the smallest details and a bit of luck – the primary reason why football is the most loved and followed sport in the world – can be decisive.

“None of the achievements I have listed above would have occurred without the development of your club. During the same period, 2010 to 2018, revenue has increased thanks to the efforts of men and women who in these seasons have dedicated their hard work, professionalism and loyalty.

“Exactly five years ago, I suggested 300 million euros in turnover as an objective to aim for, excluding income from player sales, which many continue not to consider as indicative in this sector.

“For the second year in a row, this figure has registered at over 400 million, guaranteeing Juventus a spot in the top tier of football clubs around the world.

“This result has come about thanks to two fundamental components, which are themselves connected: income from the UEFA Champions League, further evidence of how the sporting side must be central to development and should be viewed as a priority, also in terms of investment; commercial development, which is continually progressing on the back of agreements with global sponsors and regional partners, along with consistent growth in our digital presence, which brings in direct revenue and, moreover, gives us enormous visibility among millions of people around the world.

“However, after four years of an operating profit and three of a positive balance sheet, in 2017/18 Juventus showed a slight operating loss, thereafter aggravated on the books by interest payments and IRAP (Italian Regional Production Tax), which is unique only to Italy and heavily penalises the football sector. Work to improve must continue relentlessly.

“Today Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in the world and must strive to remain in this elite bracket of global brands in upcoming years.

“The evolution of top-level professional football is undergoing a gradual and at the moment unavoidable polarisation between clubs.

“There are few who remain able to compete for success in every competition. Maintaining this position and potentially even improving it are not to be taken for granted, since it is very easy to fall from this height, while climbing back up, as the last 15 years have shown, require a great deal of time and resources.

“In terms of competitions, the international footballing landscape is fairly well defined until 2024, when the international calendars and format of competitions can be reconsidered.

“This is an area where your club has been very active thanks to the efforts of our managers within national and international institutions, as well as my own commitment as President of the European Club Association and as a member of the UEFA Executive Committee.

“Over the next six years the groundwork will be laid for the future of the game through intense dialogue between FIFA, UEFA – and other confederations – and national FAs, but more importantly thanks to an increasing recognition of football businessmen and investors who provide resources, take risks and look to increase the value of their investments, like in any economic sector.

“The next six years will be crucial for Juventus and for Italian football.

“Within our Club, we must be capable of significantly increasing our commercial revenue to consolidate our position at the top, both nationally and internationally.

“We will need investment, adequate organisational structures and at least as much enthusiasm as Juventus have enjoyed thus far.

“We will be playing our matches on Italian and European pitches but the commercial challenge is global. Internationally, your Club must identify new forms of sponsorship, new opportunities for digital visibility and new ways to expand our business, with everything geared towards the same primary objective that this management group has always had: to provide the resources needed to maintain a winning team.

“Italian football is struggling to close the gap with other footballing nations but signs of rejuvenation offer hope, for the first time in years, that the future might be brighter.

“In the last few seasons, growth has been notably lower than elsewhere in Europe while Italy’s failure to qualify for the World Cup is a sad chapter that will hopefully never be repeated.

“The main actors in any economic sector are the last to see the crisis about to strike. And sadly, Italian football was no exception.

“Now, with great difficulty but in a spirit of collaboration, the Lega Serie A finally has a governance.

“In his first few months as President, Gaetano Micciché has imposed a management style typical of the business and finance world he comes from, where it is normal for projects and objectives to be evaluated based on the credibility of the parties involved and the feasibility of the initiatives proposed.

“The Lega Serie A can now legitimately assert its leadership, which is its natural role but one it lost during the dark years.

“The FIGC, although currently with a President, has also achieved some significant results.

“After years of appeals falling on deaf ears, B teams have finally been introduced in Serie C. The project, still in an embryonic stage, will see other clubs follow in the footsteps of Juventus’ Under-23 team and adopt this new model which aims to complete the development of upcoming footballers by preparing them for top-level football while reducing the risk of their talent going to waste after they leave the youth teams.

“Women’s football is making great strides in Italy. Juventus Women won the Scudetto in their first season and now, starting with the 2018/19 season, the women’s league has finally turned professional under the tutelage of the FIGC. It is a historic step forward and comes in the wake of the Italy women’s national team qualifying for the 2019 World Cup.

“Many more reforms – of the league system and the sports justice system, for example – need to be made if we are to take Italian football back to the level it deserves to be at, but we have started on the right path.

“Fino alla fine, Andrea Agnelli.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Moratti: 'No Juve rancour' 

https://www.football-italia.net/129115/moratti-no-juve-rancour

Oct 9, 2018

Massimo Moratti explains why he didn’t accept the FIGC Presidency, but assures there is “no rancour” with Juventus and he’d love Beppe Marotta at Inter.

The former Nerazzurri President had been put forward by current Juve chief Andrea Agnelli to become President of the Italian Football Federation, but opted out.

“It was a very nice idea from Agnelli, and a very courageous one too. It was something that could’ve seen some fans in disagreement, but instead I think it can cancel out, in a certain way, some of the anger after Calciopoli,” Moratti told RMC Sport.

“The anger over the situation in itself remains, but there is no rancour.”

Inter and Juventus continue to row over the Calciopoli scandal of 2006, which saw the 2004-05 Serie A title revoked and the 2005-06 edition handed to third-placed Inter.

“I didn’t feel it right to become a candidate, pushing aside Gabriele Gravina who had worked so hard to earn his votes. My rapport with Agnelli has always been civil and affectionate, as I’ve known him since he was a kid. Continuing the controversy seemed rather boring.”

The rivalry was shown between the clubs when Inter fans mocked Juve for not winning the Treble the way they did in 2010, but could the Bianconeri do it this season?

“They certainly have the determination and unity that can lead to great things. The Treble is never easy, because you need to put together so many elements, even if this Juve does have the capabilities to try.”

There are reports Inter could pick up former Bianconeri CEO Marotta, who surprisingly left the club this month.

“I do not make these decisions now, but I do admire Marotta very much,” added Moratti.

“He did so well both before and after his experience at Juve, is a balance figure who knows his job inside out. I would appreciate him very much at Inter.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Agnelli: Ronaldo a superhero, VAR must be consistent

https://www.football-italia.net/129246/agnelli-ronaldo-superhero

https://www.football-italia.net/129248/agnelli-‘var-must-be-consistent’

Oct 12, 2018

Andrea Agnelli has leapt to Cristiano Ronaldo’s defence, hailing the Juventus forward as a ‘superhero for children around the world’.

Ronaldo’s reputation has been brought into disrepute after allegations of rape, but Agnelli made it clear Juve’s opinion of the No 7 remained intact.

“It was the first time that the two souls of the club merged for the investment of a single player,” he said from the Festival of Sport in Trento.

“In sporting terms, an important added value was signed, and seeing him every day confirms it, plus commercially speaking, Ronaldo facilitates worldwide exposure.

“Children around the world want to see superheroes, and he’s one of them. In addition, it allows us to fill an Italian gap: the distribution of Italian games and rights around the world.

“Juve, however, aren’t just Ronaldo. We’re a collective and CR7 is the cherry on something that was built one piece after another, with patience, intelligence and much more.

“Juve’s growth must be evaluated from 2010 to today: it’s easy to say ‘ah, but Juve can’, but we must remember where it all started.

“Did I play football? Only with friends. We had a small tournament between us. I was a player with spirit. I had to compensate for not having that much technique.

“Like Chiellini? Yes, in some ways. I was a defender who went in hard. I think I was even sent off as a schoolboy!” 

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli warns “we can’t go back” on VAR, but wants to “align the rules between European countries”.

Serie A introduced Video Assistant Referees at the start of last season, along with the Bundesliga, and it has since been introduced in Ligue 1, La Liga and the Czech First League, among others.

However, there is currently no standard procedure for video replays and the protocol can vary across different countries.

In Italy, the match referee is assisted by two VAR assistants, who can indicate that he should review an incident on a screen at the side of the pitch but who do not make decisions themselves.

That is the format that was used at the World Cup, but in the English FA Cup an official simply tells the referee whether or not to give a goal, without the official watching it himself.

“If I’m on the motorway and I know there are speed cameras, then the way I drive will be conditioned by that,” Agnelli, who is also head of the European Club Association, said at the Festival of Sport in Trento.

“However, we need to align the rules between European countries. We can’t go back, but at a certain point the IFAB [International Football Association Board] will have to make a decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Home

Gravina: ‘Not counting Scudetti’

https://www.football-italia.net/129411/gravina-‘not-counting-scudetti’

Oct 17, 2018

Future FIGC President Gabriele Gravina dodges questions about Juventus’ Scudetti - “I don’t like to stop and count…’

The Bianconeri were stripped of two titles in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal, which also saw them relegated to Serie B.

The 2004-05 Scudetto remains unassigned, while the 2005-06 title was awarded to Inter.

That has proved to be controversial, with Juve claiming they won the Scudetti on the pitch and pointing out that the Nerazzurri were later accused of the same things, but the statute of limitations had expired.

“They [Juve] are one of the clubs in Italy that have proven to be ahead of the others,” Gravina told Il Messaggero.

“I don’t like to stop and count the number of Scudetti.”

Gravina is the only candidate for the FIGC election on October 22.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

Agnelli: ‘Marotta vital for Juventus’

https://www.football-italia.net/129798/agnelli-‘marotta-vital-juventus’

Oct 25, 2018

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli thanks the departing Giuseppe Marotta - “he was instrumental in the growth of the club”.

The general manager and CEO will not be on the new board appointed at today’s shareholders’ meeting, and his contract is expected to be resolved in the coming days.

“For the next challenges, we decided to renew the Juventus leadership,” Agnelli told the 302 shareholders present.

“The organisation model will not change and will be based on three pillars: services, revenue and, centrally, sport.

“However, I owe my thanks to the two outgoing directors: [CFO] Aldo Mazzia, who is here with us today, and Giuseppe Marotta.

“Aldo joined the group in 1987, he was hired by my father and that’s the curiosity of this closing circle.

“He rose from positions of administration and control to become CFO. He was key in developing the stadium and the Continassa project, which he personally followed.

“If today we can boast of having headquarters next to our own stadium, a state-of-the-art training ground, a hotel and a concept store, then we owe it to Aldo.

“For that, Aldo, now only I but all of Juventus are grateful to you.

“Speaking for myself, calling Giuseppe Marotta a professional in the world of football is simplistic.

“He has been managing football clubs for 40 years, with successes like those at Venezia and Atalanta. He left Sampdoria in the Champions League, before joining Juventus.

“The ability and knowledge of Marotta have been instrumental in the growth of the club, and we owe him our warm thanks and applause.

“What allowed us to make this choice is the work Aldo and Giuseppe did in helping the professionals under them, raising future professionals who could take their role.

“We’ve decided to divide Beppe Marotta’s responsibilities to those who are already board members, so there will be a new generation of leaders entrusted with the future of Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti