Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Andrea Pirlo

130772 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Andrea Pirlo: I am convinced that I made the right decision

leaving AC Milan for Juventus

The Italy international swapped the Scudetto holders for Antonio Conte's men in the summer,

and feels that his choice has been justified due to the Turin club's success this term.

Dec 31, 2011

Andrea Pirlo has declared his conviction that he has made the right decision in leaving AC Milan to join Juventus, and wants to repay the Turin club's fans for their warm welcome.

The 32-year-old left the Scudetto holders to join Antonio Conte's men in the summer, after spending 10 years at the Giuseppe Meazza outfit.

Despite leaving Massimiliano Allegri's men having been a risk for the Italy international, the Lombardy-born midfielder thinks that he has made the right choice in changing clubs.

"I needed new challenges and I am increasingly convinced that I have made the right choice coming to Juventus," he told Tuttosport.

"I had the desire to begin a new adventure, but also curiosity."

Juventus have started the campaign strongly, and are joint-top of Serie A alongside Pirlo's former club on 34 points.

The Italy midfielder, who boasts 81 caps, has high hopes for the Turin club, and wants to repay the team's supporters.

"We are hungry and in 2012 we want to give the fans the satisfaction they deserve. They welcomed me from day one with affection and esteem, and I want to reciprocate the courtesy," Pirlo concluded.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo: 'Juve hungry for 2012'

Dec 31, 2011

Andrea Pirlo looks forward to a great 2012 for himself and Juventus. “Our hunger is growing, victory after victory.”

The midfielder wanted a new experience when he left Milan after 10 years and has found a new lease of life in Turin. Both clubs are joint top of the Serie A table and are training in Dubai.

“Coming to the warm climate during the winter break really pays off, as I realised with Milan in recent years. Your muscles work better in these temperatures,” Pirlo told Juventus Channel.

Having the Rossoneri here means it’s a bit like the Scudetto race continues even when there are no games. I hope this head-to-head can continue to the end.

“I’d say we started with the right foot and if possible I sense even more enthusiasm than when we started out in pre-season. We didn’t know where we could end up, because we weren’t a team yet. Now we are aware of our potential and can cancel out the last two seasons.

“Our hunger is growing, game after game, victory after victory. Compared to this, what we felt in the summer was a mere appetite.

“I needed new motivation and am increasingly convinced that I made the right choice coming to Juventus. What do I wish for the new year? To at least partly sate that hunger and give the fans that joy they deserve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

35280_406373056148_110689971148_4706784_1903945_n.jpg

Pirlo: Winning desire increasing here

Jan 1, 2012

Andrea Pirlo can sense a winning desire growing inside the Juventus dressing room.

Pirlo has been a major influence on Juve's turnaround this season.

“Our hunger is growing, game after game, victory after victory. Compared to this, what we felt in the summer was a mere appetite.

“I needed new motivation and am increasingly convinced that I made the right choice coming to Juventus. What do I wish for the new year? To at least partly sate that hunger and give the fans that joy they deserve.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Andrea Pirlo: We're pleased to top the table,

but nothing is won yet

The former AC Milan playmaker has voiced his satisfaction with the Old Lady's results so far,

but stressed that trophies are to be won at the end of the season.

Jan 23, 2012

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has expressed his happiness with the Bianconeri's performances in the first half of the season, but added that they have not achieved anything yet, and need to be on top of their game for the remainder of the campaign.

The Turin giants are still unbeaten after 19 games and sit top of the table with a one-point lead over AC Milan, much to the delight of Pirlo.

"The assessment up until now is more than positive. We started with a new team and a new manager and have had a great run, taking each game as it comes, whilst improving our play," Pirlo was quoted as saying at the Juventus website.

"We’re happy to be top at the halfway point of the season, but we’re aware that the championship is finely balanced and we know that we still haven’t achieved anything.

"The judgements will be made at the end of the season, but for now it’s important to be ahead."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo cools Juve enthusiasm

Jan 24, 2012

Juventus playmaker Andrea Pirlo has warned his teammates in Turin that they haven’t won anything yet.

The Old Lady were crowned as Winter Champions on Saturday after finishing the first half of the season at the top of the standings.

Although pleased to be at the summit during a campaign where the side has yet to taste defeat, the Italian international insists they still have much to prove.

“We’re happy to be top at the half-way point of the season, but we’re aware that the championship is finely balanced and we know that we still haven't achieved anything,” he stated.

“The judgements will be made at the end of the season, but for now it’s important to be ahead.”

Pirlo joined the Bianconeri from Milan during the summer with the intention of helping La Signora return to winning ways.

“The assessment up until now is more than positive,” he continued.

“We started with a new team and a new Coach and have had a great run, taking each game as it comes, whilst improving our play.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Allegri: 'No Pirlo regrets'

Jan 29, 2012

Massimiliano Allegri says it was crucial for Milan to stay within a point of Juventus and insists he has no regrets about letting Andrea Pirlo go.

“At this moment the table has stretched out a ban, so it was important for us to win tonight,” he said of the 3-0 victory against Cagliari.

“We’re still close to Juve and have broken away from the chasing pack, as both Udinese and Inter lost this weekend.

The Rossoneri are struggling with an injury crisis in midfield that has deteriorated with news Alexander Merkel will be out for eight weeks.

Some are claiming this just shows Milan were wrong to let Pirlo’s contract expire in the summer, especially as he is doing such sterling work for leaders Juventus.

“Last season I had already decided that the tactics would change. Pirlo is a champion and is having a great campaign, but the split was a mutual decision and also good for us economically.

“It’s true that teams win with champions, but some continue to win even after selling them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Allegri: "I don't regret letting Andrea Pirlo leave last summer"

AC Milan have been rocked by a number of injuries in midfield but the coach is adamant

that the club were right to let the Italy playmaker go.

Jan 29, 2012

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri insists that he still does not regret allowing Andrea Pirlo to leave for Juventus last summer.

The Rossoneri are currently desperately short on bodies in the middle of the park, with the club having confirmed on Sunday evening that Alexander Merkel will be unavailable for two months and has joined Alberto Aquilani, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Gennaro Gattuso on the sidelines.

The injury crisis has prompted many to once again question the wisdom of the decision to part company with Pirlo, who has played a key role in Juve's revival this term.

However, Allegri, speaking after Sunday night's 3-0 victory over Cagliari, told Sky Sport Italia that the club had made the right call.

"Pirlo is a champion and is having a great season," he acknowledged. "It was a choice, which included economic factors, for us to part.

"Teams win with champions but some teams also win after they're sold."

And while the transfer window does not close for another two days, Allegri claimed that Milan do not need strengthen in midfield.

Meanwhile, Allegri admitted that it was vital for Milan to have picked up three points against Cagliari, with Juventus having defeated third-placed Udinese on Saturday night.

"At this time the table has stretched out and it was it was important for us to win to stay in Juve's slipstream and now allow them to pull clear," he reasoned.

Milan remain second in Serie A, one point behind the Bianconeri but five clear of Udinese.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Coach Conte impresses Pirlo

Feb 3, 2012

Andrea Pirlo says he’s been surprised by the ability of Juventus boss Antonio Conte.

The latter was appointed as the Old Lady’s new Coach in the summer despite his inexperience at the top level.

Yet Conte has impressed for the work he has done tactically and mentally with the present Serie A leaders.

“I didn’t expect an Antonio Conte like this,” the summer signing from Milan told Juventus Channel.

“I didn’t know him as a Coach, he’s been a great find. He’s a really good tactician, someone who gives so much to his team and we are following him on every level.”

Like Conte, Pirlo has been key to the Old Lady’s cause as he has been central to the Coach’s evolving tactics in Turin.

“I’ve certainly had a positive season so far,” Pirlo added. “We’ve started the campaign well. We are top of the League and we hope to keep moving forward at this pace.”

After Tuesday’s game at Parma was postponed, Juve return to action on Sunday when they host Siena.

“It’ll be a difficult game because they are a well organised side. They play good football so we expect it to be as tough as other games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo agent cools extension talk

Feb 14, 2012

Juventus are in no rush to hand Andrea Pirlo a new contract at the club, his agent has commented on Tuesday.

There were whispers circulating that the Turin giants were ready to extend the player’s agreement just six months after his arrival at the club.

However, his agent Tulio Tinti has this afternoon told Calcio 24 that such speculation is premature.

“I’m on holiday right now,” the representative stated. “However, I don’t expect to hold any meetings with Juventus any time soon.

“As a result, the talk about a new contract for Pirlo is unfounded at present.”

The 2006 World Cup winner, now 32, moved to La Signora in the summer on a Bosman free transfer after his deal at Milan expired.

Pirlo signed an agreement in Turin until June 2014 and he reportedly earns €3.5m a season after tax. Only Gigi Buffon nets more with the outfit.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Allegri: Pirlo left Milan for Juventus

because he needed a new challenge

The Rossoneri boss has defended the decision to let go of the midfielder last summer,

as he feels the Italy international had lost his motivation at San Siro.

Feb 21, 2012

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri believes that the Rossoneri made the right choice to let go of influential midfielder Andrea Pirlo in the summer of 2011.

The 32-year-old left the reigning Serie A champions for rivals Juventus on a Bosman move and has since developed into a key player in midfield for the Old Lady.

Allegri, however, does not have any regrets as he feels the playmaker lacked motivation at Milan and needed a new challenge.

"He's an amazing player and he's doing very well at Juventus. Often in life after many years you need a change," Allegri said to RTL 102.5.

"In Turin he has found new motivation, which had decreased after 10 at Milan. But there's no discussing his quality."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo: Juve want Champions League

Mar 16, 2012

Andrea Pirlo has underlined that Juventus want to become Champions League regulars again as soon as possible.

A respected team in the European Cup before Calciopoli struck, the Old Lady have had to get used to watching the competition on TV in recent campaigns.

However, the club are on course for a top-three finish which would be enough for a place in next term’s tournament.

“We want the Champions League,” the midfielder told Hurra Juventus. “I’ve won the European Cup twice as a player and today we are working on seeing certain stadiums live again.”

The playmaker joined the Old Lady in the summer from Milan after his contract expired at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. He’s been a key element in Antonio Conte’s team.

“There was a spontaneous connection between the fans and myself,” added the Italian international.

“Joining Juve was a new challenge for me to win, to start again from zero just as Juventus have done.

“Conte? He’s a really prepared tactician. He works well on the field of play and he’s given the team character.

“He has clear ideas, he’s always looking to implement his vision of the game and it seems like he is succeeding.

“We are all following him closely because we are convinced that we are on the right path to obtain results.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Mazzone invented playmaker Pirlo

Mar 19, 2012

Carlo Mazzone has underlined that he was the first Coach to use Andrea Pirlo as a deep-lying playmaker.

The Juventus midfielder shined in the role while at Milan after being used in that position by Carlo Ancelotti, but only after veteran Mazzone saw the possibility first.

“Pirlo is a great player,” he told Tuttosport when asked about the 32-year-old. “He suffered when he was fielded as an attacking midfielder behind the strikers.

“As a result, I decided to change his role, I placed him as a playmaker in front of the defence,” continued the Roman.

“We were at Brescia and the squad laughed with what I had found. But I forced the team to always give him the ball and told him to take the ball off his teammates.

“As a deep-lying playmaker he has become what he is and has won everything.”

Pirlo started his career at Brescia, but it wasn’t until a loan move back to the club in 2001 that he was transformed into the player he is today.

Once his temporary spell with the Stadio Rigamonti outfit ended, he left Inter for Milan on a permanent basis.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo-like Lodi cools Italy talk

Mar 21, 2012

Catania’s Francesco Lodi says he’s not thinking about Euro 2012 and he’s quashed comparisons with Juventus ace Andrea Pirlo.

The former Udinese player started life as an attacking midfielder, before being converted to a deep-lying playmaker – a move which Pirlo made earlier in his career.

“The only thing I have in common with Andrea is the role that we play,” the Neapolitan continued.

“He’s done a lot in his career, a lot for Italian football and he’s reached the highest levels. I’m only at the beginning and I still have to demonstrate my ability.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Pirlo trying to persuade Nesta to join him at Juventus

The centre-back is contemplating retirement but is said to be mulling over following

in the footsteps of his one-time club colleague and making the move to Turin.

Mar 30, 2012

Andrea Pirlo is reportedly trying to convince former AC Milan team-mate Alessandro Nesta to join him at Juventus.

Nesta is out of contract at the end of the season and the former Italy international, who has been plagued by back problems in recent years, is said to be contemplating his future in the game.

However, according to Il Corriere dello Sport, the legendary defender has now been persuaded by Pirlo to consider following in his footsteps by swapping Milan for Turin.

The veteran playmaker, who has been a key component in Juve's resurgence this season, joined the Bianconeri on a free transfer from the Rossoneri last summer.

However, Nesta's current situation is different to the one that Pirlo found himself in last season because Milan are keen to hold on to the centre-back and club CEO Adriano Galliani is already putting together a contract extension offer for the former Lazio captain.

Juve, though, are willing to guarantee Nesta that he will only be used in Champions League games and important Serie A clashes, in light of his persistent back pain.

The World Cup winner joined Milan from Lazio in 2002 and has won two Serie A titles and two Champions League crowns during his time at San Siro.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo has talked Juve with Nesta

Apr 9, 2012

Andrea Pirlo has admitted that he has spoken to Milan’s Alessandro Nesta about joining him at Juventus next season.

The 36-year-old’s contract at San Siro will expire in the summer and there are suggestions that he may follow in Pirlo’s footsteps by joining the Old Lady on a free transfer.

“Yes, I’ve discussed such an option with Nesta, but these are personal things,” the playmaker told Sky Sport Italia.

“He plays for a great team and he is free to choose what decision to make. We’ll see what happens at the end of the season.”

The 2006 World Cup winner has only made 11 Serie A appearances this season during an injury affected campaign.

Pirlo, who joined Juve in the summer, has fuelled the Bianconeri’s title bid and they are now a point clear of the Diavolo in the standings.

“We’re now top again, but we have to take things one game at a time,” the midfielder continued. “We’re not favourites, it’s 50-50.

“We didn’t expect Milan to lose to Fiorentina, but now we have to concentrate on our next game which is against Lazio.

“We beat them in the first game this season and we hope to do the same in the return in order to achieve our dream.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

The pressure is now on Juventus, admits Pirlo

The experienced midfielder has conceded that it is now up to the Bianconeri to hold on

to top spot in the table, and added that they should not look at their title rivals.

Apr 9, 2012

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has admitted that the pressure is now on the Old Lady after they leapfrogged title rivals AC Milan in the standings at the weekend.

The Bianconeri recorded a 2-0 away win over Palermo on Saturday, whereas Milan were beaten 2-1 by Fiorentina, and Pirlo realises that Juve now have everything in their own hands.

"We know that everything now depends on us. Winning all seven of our remaining fixtures would put us out of sight," Pirlo said in an interview with Sky Italia.

"As it stands, we have a 50 per cent chance of winning the Scudetto. I don’t think Milan are in crisis. They were affected by tiredness from the Champions League on Saturday. But, I reiterate, now it’s all down to us.

"It’s been a while since we were top. Yet we’ve always been aware that we can do well and stay in touch with first place."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Pirlo: I have spoken to Nesta about joining Juventus

The defender has yet to make a decision about his future, and his former

Milan colleague is hopeful that the centre-back will move to the Turin giants this summer.

Apr 9, 2012

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has revealed that he has been in touch with AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta about a possible summer move.

Goal.com recently revealed that the centre-back would be open to a move to the Turin giants at the end of the 2011-12 campaign, and Pirlo has now made it clear that he has already spoken with his former team-mate about an eventual transfer.

"Nesta to Juve next year? We have indeed discussed this option," Pirlo stated to Sky Italia.

"However, in the end this is something personal. He already plays at a great team. We'll see what he decides at the end of the season."

Nesta has an expiring contract at the Rossoneri and has yet to make a final decision about his future.

The centre-back would follow in the footsteps of Pirlo if he moves to Juventus this summer. The midfielder said farewell to the San Siro side for the Turin giants ahead of the 2011-12 campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo: 'Milan are not in crisis'

Apr 10, 2012

Andrea Pirlo warns that his former teammates “Milan are not in crisis, but now the Scudetto depends only on Juventus. Lazio are merely the first hurdle.”

The Bianconeri wiped out a four-point gap in the space of two rounds to go top of the Serie A table and welcome Lazio on Wednesday evening.

“Being back on top of everyone else is great fun,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia ahead of the midweek round.

“We hadn’t been the leaders for a while, but were always aware we could do well. Now we are up there, we must continue to think big and take it one game at a time.

“Our chances are 50-50, as it takes the slightest slip-up and it all changes. We must focus on beating Lazio, who are only the first hurdle.

“In all honesty, we did not expect Milan to lose against Fiorentina, especially as they had gone in front and we didn’t think the result would be turned around like that. They did us this favour and we took advantage.

“I must admit that stepping on to the field against Palermo in the knowledge Milan had already lost did fire us up even more.

“However, I don’t believe Milan are in crisis. It’s only normal to feel a little tired after the Champions League. We have to focus only on ourselves, as we are top and seven finals await us. At this point I can’t even comment on the differences in the run-ins, as the results of other teams should not interest us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Pirlo: AC Milan are not in crisis

but the title is in Juve's hands now

The Rossoneri are reeling after their Champions League exit in Barcelona and Saturday's

shock loss to Fiorentina, but the veteran playmaker is refusing to write off his old side.

Apr 10, 2012

Andrea Pirlo remains wary of the threat posed by AC Milan to Juventus' Scudetto dream, insisting that the Rossoneri are not in crisis, while admitting that the Bianconeri now hold their destiny in their own hands.

Antonio Conte's men moved to the summit of Serie A on Saturday after capitalising on their title rivals' shock loss at home to Fiorentina by triumphing 2-0 in Palermo.

Pirlo is refusing to write off his former club but is delighted that Juve are now in a position where they only have to concern themselves with their own results.

“Being back on top of everyone else is great fun,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia. "We hadn’t been the leaders for a while, but were always aware we could do well.

"Now we are up there, we must continue to think big and take it one game at a time. Our chances are 50-50, as it takes the slightest slip-up and it all changes.

“In all honesty, we did not expect Milan to lose against Fiorentina, especially as they had gone in front and we didn’t think the result would be turned around like that. They did us this favour and we took advantage.

“I must admit that stepping on to the field against Palermo with the knowledge Milan had already lost fired us up even more.

“However, I don’t believe Milan are in crisis. It’s only normal to feel a little tired after the Champions League.

"We have to focus only on ourselves, as we are top and seven finals await us."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo 480 days unbeaten!

Apr 11, 2012

Juventus’ Andrea Pirlo hasn’t been beaten in a Serie A game in which he has taken part of since December 18, 2010.

The summer signing from Milan last tasted League defeat 480 days ago when the Rossoneri lost 1-0 at home to Roma.

The scorer on that Saturday was Marco Borriello, now a teammate of the playmaker at the Juventus Stadium.

That Milan-Roma tie was also refereed by Antonio Damato, the same official who will take charge of tonight’s Juve-Lazio encounter.

The Old Lady, unbeaten this season, haven’t lost in the Italian top-flight since a 1-0 reverse at Parma on May 15, 2011.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo won’t pay the penalty

Apr 26, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte insists that Andrea Pirlo will continue to take penalties for Juventus.

The summer signing from Milan has missed both of his spot-kicks this term. Last night’s error at Cesena came just days after he was also denied versus Roma – even if he slotted home the rebound against the latter.

“Pirlo was our penalty taker,” Conte stated. “If Alessandro Del Piero is on the pitch then he’ll take them. If he isn’t then it is down to Andrea.

“They are two champions and it will be up to them.”

The Turin giants have only been awarded three penalties in Serie A this season. Their other spot-kick was converted by Arturo Vidal in the 2-0 win over Cesena in Week 14.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Ciro Ferrara: Pirlo is one of the best players ever

The former Bianconeri coach is full of praise for the deep-lying playmaker,

and feels that he has made the difference for Juventus in the Serie A title race.

Apr 27, 2012

Italy Under-21 coach Ciro Ferrara has hailed Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo as one of the best players in the history of the game, and believes that the Italy international has been the difference between the Old Lady and their title rivals AC Milan this season.

The 32-year-old left the Rossoneri for the Turin giants on a free transfer at the start of the 2011-12 campaign, and has since developed into a key player at the current Serie A leaders.

"Pirlo is the secret behind Juventus' success. In a sense, he has made the difference not only for Juventus, but also for AC Milan who decided to let him go," Ferrara stated to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

"He has made the difference in a positive way for Juventus, and in a negative way for Milan.

"He is one of the best players in the world in my opinion. I see him as one the best midfielders in the history of the game. You don't read about him a lot, because of his quiet character. Pirlo is Juve's secret, though. He's one of the best ever."

Pirlo has made 33 Serie A appearances for Juventus, scoring three goals, while setting up 11 more.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo: 'Scudetto race is special'

Apr 27, 2012

Andrea Pirlo admits it is “a special” Scudetto duel for him between Juventus and his former Milan teammates.

“We knew the Rossoneri would fight to the end and clearly after playing there for 10 years I feel it is a special race for me,” Pirlo told the official Juventus website.

He received an award from the Lega Serie A as best midfielder of the month of March, voted for by fans.

“We have seen progress from game to game and as time went by our self-esteem grew. I immediately settled in, helped by the fact I had already known some of my teammates for many years.

“Being in a new team gave me extra motivation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

Pirlo: Scudetto race against AC Milan is special

The Italy international admitted that he needed a new challenge in his career

and revealed that he had no problems in adapting to life at the Turin-based club.

Apr 27, 2012

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo has admitted that there is a special feeling to the fact that AC Milan are contesting his side for the Serie A title.

The 32-year-old playmaker, who signed for Juventus last summer on a free transfer after a decade with Milan, has played a leading role in the Bianconeri's quest to win their first league crown since 2002-03.

Milan are currently three points behind leaders Juventus, with four games remaining, and Pirlo is not indifferent to the challenge posed by his former club.

"We knew that they would battle until the end," Pirlo told the club's website. "Obviously, as I played there for 10 years, I feel this to be a special race.

"Improvements have been noticed game after game, which boosted our self-confidence.

"I immediately felt I belonged to this team, also because I have known some of my team-mates for a long time.

"Moreover, playing for a new club gave me some extra drive."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

logo.png

The importance of Pirlo…

Apr 30, 2012

Former Parma boss Franco Colomba has underlined how important Andrea Pirlo has been to Juventus’ Scudetto bid.

Pirlo joined the Turin giants from Milan in the summer, on a free transfer, and the Old Lady are now three points clear of the Rossoneri with three games left.

“Pirlo is their extra man,” the tactician told Sport Italia. “He is a player who has allowed the others around him to grow.

“I think that has made the real difference this season.

“Juventus are now a very strong team mentally – they are aware that they are good physically and technically.”

The out-of-work tactician, axed in January, also praised Marco Borriello after he netted his second goal for the club in the 4-0 win at Novara.

“He’s overtaken Alessandro Matri and he can be signed outright at the end of the season,” added Colomba.

“I think he deserves to be confirmed by Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti