Socrates

Massimiliano Allegri

130736 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Allegri: “My intentions are to continue with Juventus”

http://www.juvefc.com/allegri-intentions-continue-juventus/

Apr 6, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Max Allegri has confirmed his future lies in Turin, insisting his “intentions are to continue with Juventus.”

Speaking after Juve’s 5-4 aggregate victory over Napoli last night, the coach put an end to the rumours linking him to the Premier League and Arsenal in particular, by stating his intentions to remain with the Bianconeri.

“It’s a good result, especially after two very tough games” Allegri said after the match.

“We played better compared to Sunday, then made life complicated for ourselves with the error for 2-2. We didn’t have the strength to pile forward anymore and I had no real substitutes left, but overall it was a good performance and we ran few risks after going 3-2 down. It was a game we could’ve won, but the objective was to reach the Final.

“Higuain had a good week of work on international duty and you can see how hard he trained, because he looked really sharp in front of goal.

“Today we played with intensity and did well on a technical level too. Our big challenge began today, which is to go all the way in three tournaments.

“We’ve got Barcelona coming up, we have to face that with confidence, balance and belief, as we want to keep raising the bar. We conceded three goals tonight because our concentration levels dropped and the second one was an accident. Overall it was a good performance and I am not worried, because we were the ones who let Napoli back into the game.

“On Sunday we weren’t forced to win, so we could approach it a different way. This evening we knew we needed a goal, so we approached it in another way. Besides, on Sunday we took the lead after eight minutes, so it’s not as if we defended a draw. We played badly and went too deep, that is true.”

Allegri was asked once again about his future and clarified things once and for all.

“My intentions are to continue with Juventus, because I am happy here. I haven’t met with the club yet, as there are other priorities, but then we’ll sit down and evaluate things.

“This team has great potential, a mixture of experience and youth. Above all Juventus are a top level club and there are few out there who could be considered better.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Gentile: 'Allegri better than Conte'

http://www.football-italia.net/100751/gentile-allegri-better-conte

Apr 6, 2017

Claudio Gentile “can’t understand why people continue to prefer Antonio Conte. Max Allegri did much more than him for Juventus.”

The Bianconeri had finished seventh and were out of Europe when Conte took over, but he won three consecutive Serie A titles and started their domination of calcio.

Allegri picked up the mantle amid fan protests and complaints in July 2014, won many of them over, but there are still those who want a new Coach.

“Allegri is doing much more than Conte did for Juventus,” ex-Italy Under-21 Coach and 1982 World Cup winner Gentile told TMW Radio.

“What really counts are the results. I don’t understand why people continue to prefer Conte to Allegri. If he was to leave Juve, he’d go to a big club, whether foreign or Italian.”

Conte is currently top of the Premier League with Chelsea, while Allegri is preparing for a revenge mission after losing the 2015 Champions League Final.

“It certainly won’t be easy against Barcelona in the quarter-final, but the important thing is that they don’t concede in the first leg.

“Juve are really eager to defy the odds and do something exceptional. I have hope.”

Meanwhile, the Bianconeri already reached the Coppa Italia Final 5-4 on aggregate, despite last night’s 3-2 defeat at Napoli.

“That 3-2 result will give Napoli some satisfaction, but Juventus didn’t want to push too hard considering the Champions League is coming up,” insisted Gentile.

Juve will face Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico for the Final on June 2 or May 17.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Allegri: My future is the least of our problems

Manager’s comments ahead of weekend clash against Chievo

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/4/7/15218888/allegri-my-

future-least-of-our-problems-juventus-chievo-preview-serie-a-2017

Apr 7, 2017

Juventus take on Chievo this weekend in the Serie A, holding a six point lead at the top of the table over Roma in second with eight games left to play. Manager Massimiliano Allegri spoke to the media in his pre-match press conference.

"How do you deal with the Chievo? Tomorrow is an important game. There are eight games until the end of the season, and the more it goes on, the more the games become more important.

"The points become worth more. We do not have the chance to lose tomorrow, we already drew in Naples, so tomorrow we have to win.

"We’ll deal with the match against Barcelona on Sunday, but games like the one with Barcelona do not take long to prepare for, it is such a beautiful and fascinating challenge, but it is a challenge that prepares for itself.

"What matters is the game tomorrow, we must deal with it very seriously, it's a risky game because we come from two difficult games, two games that were draining both mentally and physically, so we must never switch off.”

As far the players available to him for tomorrow -

"Tomorrow Mario Mandzukic is doubtful, however here’s a good idea - maybe Paulo Dybala could play centre-forward.

"But no, Dybala is fine. In fact, he needs to play, Paulo is an aerobic player, a player that runs 12 kilometers per game, is a player who needs to play.

"And, indeed, the more he plays, the more he improves his condition . On Wednesday he played 70 minutes, so I would say he is in an acceptable condition but not an optimal one. So he needs to play, then we’ll evaluate

"When you get at the end of the season and you are in all competitions you do not have time to think. I’ll rest one, especially as when you’re missing people as important as Mandzukic and Marko Pjaca, you have no choice.

"In terms of the midfield, I have to evaluate those who are more or less well today, Claudio Marchisio could rest, in terms of Sami Khedira I do not know if he will recover, it depends. The choices are determined by those up front."

Allegri talked about his goal for Juve being 93 points for the season -

"As for the table, we’re not there yet. Roma can get to 92 points and so we have to make it 93. So there are still many victories to be won.

"Let's go one step at a time. Meanwhile, tomorrow we think of the three points, playing the game with Chievo seriously. As I said after Napoli, tomorrow will be a very important game. And tomorrow we will need the help of the fans, because tomorrow is another piece of the championship puzzle.”

As always, questions about his own future are a constant at these interviews -

"First I’d like to thank John Elkann for his words, and for the work done by the team and by the club. I think this is a source of pride and satisfaction.

"As for the aims of the team, whether it will be an extraordinary season or not, we will take it one step at a time. Firstly, we have have reached the Coppa Italia final for the third time in a row.

"This is down to the players, they're doing some really amazing things, especially because they have great technical quality, of this I have no doubts. But above all they have the moral qualities that lead them to get the results even in difficult times.

"So, it is difficult, we have to work to try to win all three competitions. It is not easy, we know, it is already difficult to win the league, and even more difficult to win a final, because finals are always difficult to win.

"The business focuses all we have on the Champions League which is an extraordinary competition and this is why I say that this moment should be lived with great energy and great enthusiasm.

"And above all to have the confidence to go all the way, then raise the bar of what we must do and absolutely can do. This team is able to do this, but above all to think you can do it will make a difference."

So will he remain at Juventus?

"At the moment 100%, because I have a contract until 2018, I believe, yes, 2018.

"But at this time, the problem of the Coach does not exist, and must not exist, for one simple reason: because we're at the crucial moment of the season.

"I think this is the least of our problems, both on my part, and from the club’s point of view. This is also because there have never been any problems between myself and the club, we go forward by mutual agreement, so you have to stay focused because at the moment we have not yet won anything.

"And tomorrow will be very important for winning the league. I repeat, the more we go on, the more the games become important.

"But when I spoke of negativity, maybe it's a word that was too excessive, because we drew in Naples with the third team. But the team defended well. Football is not only about the offensive phase.

"There are times when you adopt a different strategy, some games are are played in one way and other matches must be played in another. The important thing is at the end is you reach the targets, that is the reason why I am here at Juventus, to try to achieve them.

"I try to help the guys, because they are the ones who help us win, but when we lose, we lose together."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri to Juve until 2020?

http://www.football-italia.net/100804/allegri-juve-until-2020

Apr 8, 2017

Max Allegri is due to sign a new contract tying him to Juventus through to June 2020, according to La Stampa.

The Coach has been linked to numerous clubs, above all Arsenal, and was vague about his future.

However, over the last few days he has been increasingly positive in his comments on the matter.

Now Turin-based newspaper La Stampa reports that Allegri is set to sign a new contract with Juventus until June 2020.

He is on target to win the third consecutive Scudetto, six in a row for the club, has reached the Coppa Italia Final with Lazio and is in the Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona.

The former Milan tactician took over from Antonio Conte in the summer of 2014, when pre-season training had already begun.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri wants longer Juve deal

http://www.football-italia.net/100855/allegri-wants-longer-juve-deal

Apr 9, 2017

Max Allegri is reportedly due to stay at Juventus, but he wants a contract to 2021 and the club is only proposing a deal to 2019.

The Coach is currently tied down to a contract that expires in June 2018.

Unlike over the last few weeks, Allegri and the club have recently adjusted the tone of their public comments to suggest continuing together is a formality.

This has put paid to speculation the former Milan boss was being lined up as Arsene Wenger’s replacement at Arsenal.

However, that doesn’t mean the situation is completely resolved.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Allegri and his representatives have requested a new deal running to June 2021.

On the other hand, Juventus would prefer to take things slowly and only extend to June 2019.

Both parties are in no rush to discuss it, as the Bianconeri need to focus on Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final against Barcelona.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Massimiliano Allegri backed to stay
at Juventus next season by Marotta

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3101907/massimiliano-allegri

-backed-to-continue-at-juventus-next-season-by-marotta

Apr 12, 2017

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta is backing coach Massimiliano Allegri to remain at the club beyond the end of the season.

Allegri has led Juve to back-to-back Serie A and Coppa Italia Doubles in his two years in charge while he is on course for the same this season, with his side also on the brink of a place in the Champions League semifinals after beating Barcelona 3-0 in their quarterfinal first leg on Tuesday.

Allegri has been linked with a move to the Premier League this summer, with Arsenal having been touted as a destination, but Marotta feels he will stick around to achieve more success at the Juventus Stadium.

"I think a cycle for a coach lasts three years, even if Allegri's gone way beyond that," Marotta told Mediaset. "I don't think his cycle has ended. He's shown over time that he has the quality that we have been looking for and he has the ideal profile, and I think we can have much satisfaction together.

"The important thing is winning, but of course you need to entertain when you win too and I think Juve are playing beautiful football and this is what we are after. This game [against Barca] is just the first half and we know our opponents' strength, but we're aware of our own strength too."

Juve's dominant display against Barca saw Paulo Dybala outshine Lionel Messi, scoring Juve's first two goals, and Giorgio Chiellini netting his first in the Champions League since 2009. 

"It was a great night and we're happy. We've beaten one of the best teams in Europe, the strongest attack in the game and if somebody had offered us this yesterday, we could not have asked for more," Chiellini told Mediaset.

"It looks easy from the outside, but PSG [Paris Saint-Germain] would never have thought they would get knocked out [by Barca in the quarterfinals]. We know their strengths and weaknesses and we know they are a fantastic side who rise above themselves in their recoveries. We pressed them as far up the field as we could today and the few chances we did concede to them were saved by the 'Saint' [goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon] that we have at the back." 

Chiellini also came up against Luis Suarez, who bit him during Italy's World Cup defeat to Uruguay in 2014. After an unfortunate clash which saw Suarez run into Chiellini and fall to the ground on Tuesday, the Juve defender lifted him back to his feet with a smile and an embrace.

"Suarez is a great forward and nobody talks about 'that' Suarez anymore," Chiellini said. "Everything's fine between us now."

Chiellini graduated with a degree in business administration last week, although he says he is not planning to put that knowledge into practice anytime soon.

"It was important and I'm enjoying it with my family, but my job is to play football and have great nights like these," he said. "Football is my life and there's going to be a very important game in eight days. Let's say now I've got a first degree with distinction -- plus three."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sun: Arsenal in Allegri talks

http://www.football-italia.net/101047/sun-arsenal-allegri-talks

Apr 12, 2017

Despite Massimiliano Allegri’s protestations, The Sun continues to claim Arsenal are in talks with the Juventus Coach to replace Arsene Wenger.

The Bianconeri boss is flying high after beating Barcelona 3-0 in the Champions League quarter-final, leading Serie A by six points and reaching the Coppa Italia Final against Lazio.

Allegri is under contract until June 2018, but the club is due to meet with him later this month to mull over a possible extension.

SunSport now insist that Arsenal “have been in touch with Allegri’s camp in the last seven days to discuss the possibility of the Italian succeeding Wenger.”

Allegri has never denied he is taking English lessons and would be interested in a Premier League position at some stage, but that doesn’t necessarily have to be next season.

While the former Milan tactician had been vague about his Juventus future, in recent weeks his answers to these questions have taken on a more positive tone.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vialli: 'Allegri is a number one'

http://www.football-italia.net/101270/vialli-allegri-number-one

Apr 18, 2017

Former Juventus striker Gianluca Vialli praised Coach Massimiliano Allegri, believing 'he's a number one'.

After having warned the Bianconeri against allowing the atmosphere to grow inside Camp Nou on Wednesday evening. the former Chelsea man admitted the path to the final would be easier if they could overcome Barcelona.

"Their self-esteem would grow, after this step they would feel like a dragon," Vialli continued in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have to say that would be worse for Juve to meet PSG and do you know why? Today Barcelona are discontinuous and must think about the future.

"Juve are instead in a time of stability and effectiveness, and they seem to have fun when they play.

"I believe in football karma and I think after years of Italian domination, and several finals lost by virtue of superior force in Europe that I mentioned before, this team has earned the statement, the victory. As Mourinho's Inter earned it."

Is Mario Mandzukic is a bit like the Samuel Eto'o of 2010?

"Definitely, yes. Perhaps most striking was to see Eto'o in that role but those two put the needs of the team before their own. Without the collaborative spirit of Mario, things would be more complicated for [Massimiliano] Allegri.

"Allegri is fantastic, a number one. The more clever Coaches assess, analyse and find solutions; tactically they don’t put you under pressure and indeed to nullify the opponent.

"He tells players not what they want to hear but what they need to hear, and he’s different. I absolutely agree with him about the beautiful game.

"You know, what counts is to win. But then: it’s not spectacular to defend well? When I see a great defensive display I enjoy watching it.

And it’s art, too. In our culture and history we know how to do it, and not everyone happens to know how to do it well."

There have been some high-profile disagreements between Juve players and the Coach this season, with one incident leading to Leonardo Bonucci being suspended by the club.

"If values and principles – even those dictated by the club – are healthy and strong, then the environment will strong and mature.

"I am always in favour of collision of knowledge, even during a row. The Coach has to share his ideas to bring players along, not to impose. Max is very good here."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus to tie down Allegri?

http://www.football-italia.net/101380/juventus-tie-down-allegri

Apr 20, 2017

Juventus will meet with Massimiliano Allegri next week to discuss a contract extension, according to reports.

The Coach is out of contract in the summer of 2018, and he has been linked with a switch to Arsenal in the English Premier League.

The Bianconeri have repeatedly stated that they’re happy to continue with Allegri, and after reaching the Champions League semi-finals last night, Tuttosport reports they’re preparing to offer a new deal.

Next week, the newspaper reports, Allegri and the club will meet to discuss a renewal which would see the tactician commit until 2020, a two-year extension to his current deal.

It’s also likely that he will be offered a wage rise, as well as bonuses for achievements on the pitch.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved: ‘No problems with Allegri’

http://www.football-italia.net/101441/nedved-‘no-problems-allegri’

Apr 21, 2017

Juventus vice-President Pavel Nedved confirms there “shouldn’t be any problems” for Max Allegri’s renewal.

The Coach was linked with an exit earlier this season, with reports that he could replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

In recent weeks, however, the Bianconeri have been indicating that the tactician will remain and the club’s VP confirmed as much after today’s Champions League draw.

“We want him, he’s doing well and at the last draw I made clear that he’s doing good work and we’re happy to continue with him,” Nedved told Mediaset Premium.

“We want to continue with him, and on his part he has to be happy and convinced to continue with Juve. We shouldn’t have any problems.”

The Ballon d’Or winner was then asked about the semi-final tie with Monaco, and Nedved is confident the Old Lady can reach the final.

“We’re facing a young team which runs a lot and has nothing to lose. That’s always difficult, but I’ve seen that the lads are focused, they haven’t celebrated too much and their focus is on going as far as possible.

“At this point it’s difficult to choose an opponent, they all present difficulties and you can’t get anything wrong, not one single game. I hope we can take full advantage of our potential.

“I’m very happy with what the lads are doing and what Max is doing with his staff. I’m confident, I repeat that I didn’t see a big party after Barcelona.

“They know they can win this trophy, they’re focused and they’ll do everything to get to Cardiff and win.

“They key moment of the season? The tactical change [to 4-2-3-1], Max did brilliantly. We weren’t in a great period even if we were still winning.

“We wanted something more, and using this formation that we’re using now was a genius move and I hope we can continue in this way.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Capello: 'This is Allegri's Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/101697/capello-allegris-juventus

Apr 26, 2017

Fabio Capello insists the current Juventus “belongs to Max Allegri and plays in a very different way to under Antonio Conte.”

The Bianconeri are on the verge of a sixth consecutive Scudetto, the third in a row for Allegri after Conte put together his hat-trick.

“Is it easier or harder to take over a winning team? It depends on the players you encounter, the mentality of the squad and the club,” Capello told Sky Sport Italia.

“When you come in to replace a Coach who won silverware, you must be able to innovate and above all find leaders in the group who can help you to change the routine of the era that just closed.

“You must be either lucky enough or capable enough to find these key players, those who still have that hunger to win.”

Juventus are in the Coppa Italia Final against Lazio and will face Monaco in the Champions League semi-final, a world away from Conte’s 3-5-2 side.

“This Juve belongs to Allegri,” continued Capello. “Conte brought new things, like the desire to win, grit and determination, but this team plays in a very different way to under Conte.”

Capello was also asked about his experiences all over Europe.

“I’d say winning the Scudetto with Roma was the best experience of my career. The most difficult was at Real Madrid, when we were able to recover eight points from Barcelona.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Allegri tops journalist poll as best coach

http://www.juvefc.com/allegri-tops-journalist-poll-top-coach/

Apr 27, 2017

Juve’s Max Allegri has topped a poll of 20 journalists for best coach in the world.

The poll in the Corriere dello Sport asked 20 of the worlds most respected journalists to rank their best coaches from 1 to 10. The select panel included writers from L’Equipe, Mediaset, Sky, Tuttosport, Raisport, The Times, and a number of other top publications worldwide.

Allegri topped the list, where 8 out of the 20 different journalists ranked him as the best in the world. Ex-Juve bosses Antonio Conte and Carlo Ancelotti came 2nd and 3rd respectively, while Pep Guardiola finished behind Jose Mourinho in 6th.

The full list of journalists and their rankings are as follows:

lst.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Khedira: 'Allegri one of the best'

http://www.football-italia.net/102101/khedira-allegri-one-best

May 4, 2017

Sami Khedira believes Max Allegri is “one of the best Coaches in circulation” and Juventus “have the same dream as our fans” for the Treble.

The Bianconeri are nine points clear at the top of the Serie A table, will play Lazio in the Coppa Italia Final and won the first leg of the Champions League semi-final 2-0 away to Monaco last night.

“All victories are important for me, but the most important is the next…” Khedira told Jtv. You can read the rest of that interview here.

“We have the same dream as our fans, but we are not dreamers, and to go all the way in every tournament we need to work hard.

“This weekend the Turin Derby is a sort of match-point for the Scudetto. If we win, then it’s practically done, even if Roma play Milan the day after. The Coppa Italia is also tough against Lazio, a side who we beat twice and want to overcome for a third time this season.”

Khedira is thoroughly impressed with the tactical reshuffle by Allegri, who changed again last night with Dani Alves in a more advanced role and an apparent three-man defence.

“Allegri is a very intelligent Coach. He has the ability to keep us always focused on the game that is yet to come, even after nights like Monaco.

“He always finds the right solutions and substitutions, knows how to read the game and understand what’s happening in various moments of the match.

“Allegri is one of the best Coaches in circulation.”

The Bianconeri had found extraordinary form since switching to a 4-2-3-1 system with Juan Cuadrado, Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic supporting Gonzalo Higuain.

“Before changing the system, I felt that we had great players, but the combination wasn’t yet perfect. Then we moved to this shape, with Mandzukic who works so hard and Higuain has more space,” continued Khedira.

“We are more confidence and we know, for example with the quality of the wide men, that we can change players while maintaining the same system.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri the Underdog

With the first step towards a potential Treble this weekend, Edo Dalmonte

argues Max Allegri has always been underestimated. 

http://www.football-italia.net/102458/allegri-underdog

May 12, 2017

Forced to give a straight answer, many Calcio fans would admit that they still don’t have a very positive opinion of Max Allegri.

Lurking in the back of their minds, Maxskepticism has many thinking that the former Rossoneri Coach is one mistake away from reverting to the blundering mess Silvio Berlusconi used to rail against, the Cavaliere once claiming at a political rally that Allegri “didn’t understand [expletive] all” about football.

Yet he had won the Scudetto at his first attempt, a 0-0 draw away to Roma proving enough to secure the Serie A title early. It’s a pattern he could repeat at the Stadio Olimpico this Sunday.

Yet most fans would have agreed with Berlusconi back then, the Juventus faithful booing Allegri’s arrival at Vinovo when he was hired in July 2014, the rest of the Calcio community suppressing laughter and bewilderment.

Three years later, Serie A is as Black and White as ever and the rest of the continent is learning to treat the Old Lady as a serious contender - Allegri helping his men sweep Porto, Barcelona and Monaco aside on their way to a second Champions League Final in three years.

Milan, for their part, have cycled through four Coaches and remained firmly out of Europe, Berlusconi leaking character assassinations to his compliant Press whenever the mood takes him.

Though it would be normal to ask to what extent Allegri has improved since his time at Milan, the truth is that the Tuscan was pretty good to begin with, and that Coaches are commodities in this league to be sacked, replaced and re-hired at a whim, often within a few weeks. In a league dominated by volcanic Presidents and chaotic clubs, plenty of promising minds simply never get a chance to fully express their potential.

Though many have argued that Allegri took over an Antonio Conte team in an almost subservient division, it is just as clear that, three years on, it’s very much an Allegri team, and it’s as dominant as Conte’s ever was.

Gone are the Pirlos, the Tevezes, the Vidals and the Pogbas. The BBC is older and more injury-prone, the full-backs (barring Alex Sandro) ageing, the forward lines chock-a-block with new faces needing integration. 

Yet Allegri has still built a war machine, patiently coaxing young guns like Paulo Dybala into becoming stars and helping Gonzalo Higuain adapt to a system very different from Napoli’s. His inventiveness was evident in Milan, where he turned Robinho into the disciplined, hard-running winger Mario Mandzukic has recently morphed into.

The Livorno native has even turned the tables on the tactical critics. Though he used to drive Milan fans to distraction with his oddball line-ups, it has since emerged that experimenting with the unpopular four-man defence would come in very handy indeed, the Bianconeri reaching two European Finals while Conte’s 3-5-2 blundered in the mud.

Accused of not getting on with his players at San Siro, Max had the humility to listen to the BBC after a dispiriting loss to Sassuolo in October 2015, one that left the Bianconeri stranded in 11th place in the table. Complying with the dressing room’s request for a return to 3-5-2, Allegri led his men to 25 wins out of 26, and a fifth straight Scudetto.

It’s one thing to handle a squad full of Constants and Antoninis, another to keep Miralem Pjanic, Medhi Benatia, Juan Cuadrado, Dani Alves, Sami Khedira and Mandzukic all happy, especially when most of these big names have seen extended bench time. Making an example out of Leonardo Bonucci by leaving him out against Porto looks increasingly like a great decision, though it was pilloried by many when it was initially made.

Having achieved so much on the sporting plane, it is increasingly evident that Allegri’s real weakness has nothing to do with football, but with perception. Not yet fully rehabilitated in our short, selective and narrative-obsessed minds, only a win in Cardiff will be enough to wipe Max’s slate clean, and give him the respect he’s always deserved.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'Ballon d'Or for Buffon'

http://www.football-italia.net/102512/allegri-ballon-dor-buffon

May 13, 2017

Max Allegri complimented Antonio Conte on his Chelsea success and said Gigi Buffon “deserves the Ballon d’Or regardless” of Juventus winning the Champions League.

The Bianconeri visit Roma tomorrow evening.

Meanwhile, former Juve tactician Conte has just won the Premier League at his first attempt, following in the footsteps of Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Mancini and Claudio Ranieri.

“I have to compliment Conte for what he’s done, as it was not easy to join a foreign league and win straight away,” said Allegri in his Press conference.

“We have many Coaches who have won abroad, so the Italian school of management is excellent. The culture and tradition of football are very good, as proved by the four World Cups won by the Nazionale, the players who foreign clubs come to pick up and the meticulously-prepared tactics.

“Building play is part of the culture and tradition of Italian football.”

Juventus are gaining more respect after reaching the Champions League Final against Real Madrid, just two years after their 3-1 loss to Barcelona in 2015.

“The difference now is that two years ago we didn’t expect to be in the Final, whereas this year there were more expectations around us.

“We need to get there with a relaxed approach, as we have some important games to play first. At the right moment, three or four days before the Final, we’ll prepare.

“We can win the Champions League and you need belief for that.”

It has been rumoured that 39-year-old Buffon, who has never won the Champions League, could add the Ballon d’Or if he lifts the trophy.

“Gigi deserves the Ballon d’Or regardless of the Champions League. He deserved it in previous years too, having won so many titles and the World Cup.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Allegri wants to stay at Juventus

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/5/27/15703840/allegri-wants-

to-stay-at-juventus-marotta-pre-match-press-conference-bologna

May 27, 2017

With Juventus about to play their last game of the Serie A season today, manager Massimiliano Allegri spoke to the media. The first question he answered was about his future with the Bianconeri.

“I’m happy with the director’s words, but at the moment we haven’t met and we haven’t talked about it.

“We definitely won’t do it this week, because we’re going to Cardiff and it’s right that we’re focused on this global event, because after all the Champions League final is a world event, just like the Super Bowl.

“So we have to face it with great enthusiasm and conviction, but we’ll talk about that next week.

“As for my contract, at the right time the club will decide, they’ll call me because at the end of the day I have a contract until 2018.

“So, as I’ve repeated 1500 billion times: I have a contract until 2018, the club can call me or not call me. After that we’ll see.

“I want to stay, then we have to talk. We’ll see.

“Will the Champions League final affect my decision? Absolutely not, I’ve already taken my decision so we’ll meet when the club deems it appropriate.

“In five years I have a fairly clear idea [of where I’ll be] but I won’t say it now because it would cause a pandemonium.

“So I’ll tell you later, but I think in five years my path will be completely different to what it is now.”

When asked if that meant he would still be in charge at Juve next season, he answered with a laugh -

“If they don’t sack me! In football you can be good today, and tomorrow you’re a little less good, do you understand?

“In the end what matters are results and taking points home, then people can chatter about all the other things.

“Football is great for that, because everything is up for debate so one person can say one thing, another person says another and there’s no proof.

“There’s a lot of ‘if’ but you won’t get anywhere with ‘if’. I think it’s night and right that it should be this way.”

He also spoke about his lineup for the game, revealing that goalkeeper Emil Audero would get his first ever Serie A start -

“Tomorrow on the pitch, here’s who’ll play: Up-front Juan Cuadrado, Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Gonzalo Higuain. Giorgio Chiellini won’t be there.

“Between Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli and Medhi Benatia, two will play. Stephan Lichtsteiner will play. I think Kwadwo Asamoah will play on the left.

“In the midfield Sami Khedira will return from the first minute, at least for a while because I have to see what condition he’s in.

“What’s lacking is the last piece, which will probably be Claudio Marchisio. Then I have three subs.

“Tomorrow Audero will play in goal.

"Is Chiellini a doubt for Cardiff? No, he's working well and there's no doubt about his availability for Cardiff.

"He's on a booking, so he'd be risking next year's Supercoppa."

Mandzukic on Thursday signed a new deal that will keep the Croatian at Juve until 2020.

“I’m happy for Mario because he’s renewed, like Dybala has renewed.

“I think Juventus have made an important strategy, in the sense of keeping the great players, the champions.

“When you keep the great players, the champions, you don’t have to talk about the Coach, because you have to keep the champions.

“So I’m very happy, it shows Juventus are working for the future.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri injured in charity match

http://www.football-italia.net/103412/allegri-injured-charity-match

May 30, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri injured himself during tonight’s charity match, playing alongside Alessandro Del Piero.

The tactician lasted only 15 minutes at the Juventus Stadium in Turin before pulling up, clutching the back of his right thigh.

It was a short-lived Partita Del Cuore for 49-year-old Allegri, who had been a midfielder for the likes of Perugia, Cagliari, Napoli and Pescara.

“It’s a tiny strain, nothing serious,” he assured Rai Uno viewers.

“These are wonderful evenings and it’s important to take part so we can give some small help to those who need it.

“Unfortunately for me, you can go up against everything except for age.”

On the other hand, 44-year-old Juventus director Pavel Nedved seemed as sharp as ever when he had a run-out and even scored with a fierce free kick.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

14jstat.gif

Max Allegri: Juventus' once-unwanted

manager on verge of historic Treble

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/10898429/max-allegri-

juventus-once-unwanted-manager-on-verge-of-historic-treble

Jun 1, 2017

Juventus may be giants of Italian football, but Max Allegri's rise was against the odds. Sky Sports takes an in-depth look at the Juve boss ahead of the Champions League final.

Upon arriving at Juventus' Vinovo training ground in July 2014, Max Allegri's car was kicked, spat at and splattered with eggs.

The appointment of a former AC Milan manager did not please the vociferous support, as three-time title-winner Antonio Conte left to take up the Italy job after the World Cup in Brazil.

He wasn't even first choice, and when Conte theatrically walked out, frontrunner Sinisa Mihajlovic had already signed a new contract at Sampdoria. Juve were left with the after-thought, and those unwanted Rossoneri connections.

Three years later, the 49-year-old is on the verge of completing an historic feat in becoming only the 10th European side to win the holy trinity of domestic league, cup and European Cup.

Real Madrid stand in their way in Cardiff on Saturday, just as Barcelona did in 2015, but in the two years since that 3-1 defeat in Berlin, Juventus have strengthened their identity and added more bite.

Defensive solidity was still their hallmark when Conte left in 2014. Against Luis Enrique's Barcelona two years ago, the talk before the game was that Juve's only chance was to keep the game at 0-0 before stealing it late.

Juventus players look dejected after their defeat in the 2015 Champions League final
Juventus players look dejected after their defeat in the 2015 Champions League final

Now it's a different story. Juventus can hurt Real, who will always open up at least once over 90 minutes, and that's a testament to Allegri's approach after that most unwelcome of welcomes.

They showed it in Turin in the quarter-final, racing into a three-goal lead against Barcelona and striking fear among those who write off Juve based on perceptions of Serie A and its quality.

The side now have balance, helped by the emergence of Paulo Dybala, the goalscoring instinct of Gonzalo Higuain and the transformation of Mario Mandzukic from goalscorer into winger, giving full-backs nightmares.

The defence is still watertight, conceding just 27 in Serie A and three in 12 Champions League games, commanded by Juve's own BBC - Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli and Georgio Chiellini - plus full-backs Alex Sandro and Stephan Lichtsteiner, backed up by Dani Alves.

Juventus celebrate victory over Barcelona in the quarter-final
Juventus celebrate victory over Barcelona in the quarter-final

"It felt like we could have played for a whole day and not conceded," said Allegri after two clean sheets against Barcelona in the last eight, but his side are more than just a concrete defence.

You'd be forgiven for assuming Paul Pogba's departure would upset the midfield, with the £89m fee and more spent on bringing in Higuain from Napoli and Miralem Pjanic from Roma.

Juventus haven't just got by without Pogba, they have flourished. Pjanic has been superb alongside Sami Khedira, a former Real Madrid man.

But it hasn't been a gradual upward rise for Allegri at Juve. In October 2015, with the Old Lady sitting 11th following an embarrassing defeat by Sassuolo, the manager listened to the dressing room calls to switch back to 3-5-2, and though he was accused of falling out with his players at AC Milan, reason trumped stubbornness on this occasion.

Conte's AC Milan connections caused anger among Juventus fans
Conte's AC Milan connections caused anger among Juventus fans

Chelsea fans reading this may get déjà vu. The switch to a three-man central defence saw Juventus win 25 out of the next 26, on their way to a fifth straight Serie A crown.

But there was another tactical change in January, when, following a 2-1 defeat at Fiorentina, he dumped the 3-5-2 that had also been Conte's baby, moving to a 4-2-3-1 and winning the next nine games, before going back to a three-man defence for the Monaco semi-final.

In just three years in Turin, Allegri has displayed tactical versatility, expertise in the transfer market and defiance against media and supporter criticism, all via six trophies.

But will he fancy his chances elsewhere in the near future? He was tenuously linked with Arsenal and Chelsea this season, but leaving Juve now doesn't seem the right time.

"As I've repeated 1500 billion times: I have a contract until 2018, the club can call me or not call me," he recently said. "After that we'll see. I want to stay, then we have to talk. We'll see.

"Will the Champions League final affect my decision? Absolutely not. I've already taken my decision so we'll meet when the club deems it appropriate."

As Pep Guardiola has shown, even the most glittering of managerial careers abroad does not equal instant success in the Premier League. If anything, Guardiola's first season at Manchester City may have made England a more desirable destination for foreign managers fancying a challenge among a competitive top six.

"In five years I have a fairly clear idea of where I'll be, but I won't say it now because it would cause a pandemonium.

"So I'll tell you later, but I think in five years my path will be completely different to what it is now."

As Allegri says, that's talk for another day. For now, he knows the difference between good and great rests on success in the Champions League. Juventus have lost a record six European Cup finals, and Allegri will be desperate to avoid the nearly-man tag on the biggest stage.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

PSG to tempt Allegri?

http://www.football-italia.net/103670/psg-tempt-allegri

Jun 5, 2017

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly offered Juventus boss Max Allegri a lucrative, €10m salary to replace Unai Emery.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Allegri “is an ambitious man and wants to be sufficiently equipped” for another go at winning the Champion sLeague.

And while Juve “are a club that guarantee staility” and are “convinced” they will keep him, the Bianconeri must sit down with the 49-year-old to discuss “earnings, the transfer market, and the juggling of objectives”, with Juve wanting to remain Champions League contenders but also needing a long-term vision for younger players.

Gazzetta notes the meeting between Allegri and general manager Beppe Marotta will take place on Wednesday.

There, the Coach is expected to ask for an improvement on his €5.5m salary, of €8m plus two Champions League-level signings.

However, the newspaper warns PSG may have already set the bar in negotiations as Emery could yet vacate his post to join former Sevilla colleague Monchi at Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Allegri set to sign new Juventus contract

The 49-year-old will commit his future to the Champions League runners-up

on Wednesday after being assured that he will be backed this summer

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2017/06/06/36158722/-

Jun 6, 2017

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri is set to sign a new deal with the Serie A champions worth €7 million per year.

Goal understands Allegri - who led Juve to a sixth straight Scudetto as well as the final of the Champions League in 2016-17 - will put pen to paper on a two-year contract on Wednesday that will keep him in Turin until 2019.

The former Milan boss had been linked with Arsenal earlier in the season, but Arsene Wenger's own renewal as well as assurances over transfers at Juve means he will now remain in his current role.

Allegri is keen to improve his squad after Saturday's defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League final, with the club hierarchy having promised to back their man over the summer.

Deals for Sampdoria forward Patrik Schick and Lazio's Keita Balde are currently being worked on while the Bianconeri remain hopeful they can tempt Federico Bernadeschi away from Fiorentina.

But Allegri also wants to add at least one high-profile name to his roster, with Paris Saint-Germain's Angel Di Maria and Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa targets in terms of widemen.

The 49-year-old also wants to strengthen in central midfield, with Lyon's Corentin Tolisso, Monaco's Fabinho and Liverpool man Emre Can all of interest.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri to earn €7m Juve salary

http://www.football-italia.net/103754/allegri-earn-€7m-juve-salary

Jun 6, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri is expected to sign a contract extension with Juventus to 2019, worth up to €7m per year.

The tactician’s current deal runs to June 2018 and he had been linked with Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain, but pledged to remain in Turin and continue his attempts to win the Champions League.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Allegri will sign the new contract tomorrow and the wages will rise as time goes on.

He’ll earn €5.5m plus bonuses from next season, then adding another €1m for 2018, rising to €6.5m in 2018 and almost €7m in the final year.

This means Allegri will be the longest-serving Coach at Juventus since Marcello Lippi.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Official: Allegri signs new Juventus contract

The 49-year-old will remain at Juventus Stadium for another three seasons,

having guided the Old Lady to a third successive domestic double

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2017/06/07/36174922/-

Jun 7, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri has signed a new contract with Juventus, keeping him with the Serie A side until 2020, the Turin outfit have confirmed.

Allegri helped Juve win the Serie A and Coppa Italia titles this season, and guided them to the Champions League final. Since taking over at Juventus Stadium in 2014, he has won the domestic double each season and has a 69 per cent winning rate.

The former midfielder had been linked with a move to Arsenal before Arsene Wenger agreed a new two-year deal, but will now remain in Turin until the end of the 2019-20 season.

In a statement, Juventus said: "Juventus is pleased to announce that Massimiliano Allegri has signed a contract renewal at the club until 2020.

"Today's agreement extends a working relationship that has seen the Bianconeri consolidate their position as Italy's top team and also evolve into one of European football's major forces.

"Despite defeat in last weekend’s Champions League final in Cardiff, Allegri has undeniably transformed the club into a significant player on the continent. Two UCL finals in three years and fifth place in the UEFA ranking are clear testament to this."

In 2015, Allegri helped Juventus return to a first Champions League final in 12 years, and then returned to the same stage this year before being defeated by a Cristiano Ronaldo-inspired Real Madrid.

Allegri will receive a salary of €7 million per season under the new contract, which was agreed following discussions with club president Andrea Agnelli and CEO Beppe Marotta.

Allegri's first task after the renewal will be strengthening the squad to challenge for the Champions League next season, with a wide attacker and central midfielder high on the list.

Juventus have been linked with moves for Bayern Munich's Douglas Costa, PSG's Angel Di Maria and Federico Bernardeschi of Fiorentina. Liverpool's Emre Can, Lyon's Corentin Tolisso and Sevilla's Steven N'Zonzi have also been targeted to fill the central midfield position.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Allegri sent a signal'

http://www.football-italia.net/103797/marotta-allegri-sent-signal

Jun 7, 2017

Beppe Marotta said Juventus “chose to send a signal and give consistency to the project” with Max Allegri’s contract extension to 2020.

The announcement of the new deal was made today, although it had been expected to run to 2019.

“There were no problems, it all went as planned,” director general Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

“We chose to send a signal and give consistency to the project.”

Allegri took over when Antonio Conte left during pre-season in 2014 and has won three consecutive Serie A titles and Coppa Italia trophies.

He also reached the Champions League Final twice in his three years in charge.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' future in good hands with

Massimiliano Allegri in charge

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/3140624/juventus

-future-in-good-hands-with-massimiliano-allegri-in-charge

Jun 8, 2017

It has finally been confirmed. After months of speculation and gossip, Massimiliano Allegri has put pen to paper and renewed his contract with Juventus, keeping him in charge of the team until 2020. A wonderful tactician who is yet to help his side clinch the European trophy they relentlessly dream of, there is no better coach who can build upon the great foundations laid down at the club than Allegri.

While the club will forever be grateful to his predecessor for bringing back the Juve mentality, it was Allegri who helped push the team that bit farther forward, utilising his tactical expertise to create balance and immense strength.

It must be said: Despite the final result in the Champions League, there was no side that proved as reliable and consistent as Juventus this season, even if they are still lacking something when it comes to winning finals.

To blame Allegri for the result is beyond ridiculous. Juve have a long and embarrassing history of choking at the final stage of European competition, and the squad, despite its brilliance and balance, still possesses several inexperienced stars who have yet to demonstrate that mental toughness when it matters. Miralem Pjanic, Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado do not have the experience required at this stage and with time will develop and live up to their potential.

On the pitch, Juve lacked nothing, but their inability to turn up in the second half belied belief. The fact they have never really been forced to fight back after conceding against top sides gave their opponent the edge. Los Blancos have fought top opposition for many years now and know how to react in every situation. Juve, by contrast, dominated all their matches this season, both in Europe and domestically, and were rarely tasked with showing belief in their strengths and fighting back when going a goal or three down.

r217643_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp
Massimiliano Allegri's new contract goes to 2020.

That's not to say there weren't any tactical errors committed by the Old Lady. Real Madrid proved to be an awesome and overwhelming force, but they won because they proved tactically perfect on the night and were armed with greater mental strength.

The Bianconeri proved excellent in the first half of that final. Alex Sandro was the spare man who terrified Dani Carvajal and forced him into uncomfortable situations, while their chemistry between the players allowed them to control the ball with ease. However, Zinedine Zidane proved to be the difference maker.

Every single problem Los Blancos encountered in the first half was addressed in the second, while every strength Juve boasted was effectively neutralised through the tactics. Zidane and his Italian teachings exploited his squad's strengths in the best way possible to inflict yet another European final defeat on Juve.

Gonzalo Higuain's movement helped create Juve's equaliser, so Zidane asked Raphael Varane to man mark the striker in the second half, leaving Sergio Ramos to attend to the others. Pushing his team further forward and asking them to remain compact with little space between the lines hindered Juve's passing game. A better side would have reacted intelligently, running into space to offer an outlet for the pass. Instead, the Bianconeri simply forced their passes, allowing them to be cut off by Los Blancos' midfield, who would then launch swift attacks.

Dani Alves, who proved such a spectacular player in the Champions League knockout stage, proved problematic for Allegri. His position caused confusion and provoked disorganisation, and the coach had to make a decision. The Brazilian had to either stay back and show caution or be freed to attack ferociously.

Allegri, therefore, introduced Juan Cuadrado and replaced a struggling Dybala with Claudio Marchisio, a player who is tactically intelligent. The coach needed a reaction. The substitutions, on paper, were excellent, but in hindsight it would have been better to have introduced Stephan Lichtsteiner. The Swiss full-back would have ensured solidity at the back to free Alves going forward, a player who is more incisive and experienced than Cuadrado.

Many opined that Allegri took too long to change things around, but one must also understand his decision to wait. He believed in the men he deployed and thought -- or perhaps hoped -- they would react intelligently considering their training this past year. However, that evening, Zidane was the tactician who rightly earned the plaudits.

Nonetheless, the defeat, no matter how painful, was yet another lesson learned. Allegri is the reason behind what can only be described as an exquisite campaign, and in time he will win everything.

His tactically innovative mind, combined with his ability to appeal to the ambition of each player, resulted in a harmonious group of men who sacrificed and worked together to lift two titles, coming incredibly close to lifting another. He is the reason behind Sami Khedira's revival, Dybala's and Higuain's partnership and Mario Mandzukic's maturity.

Handed a side whose personnel changed considerably every year, Allegri worked hard to unite the group every season, creating dominant forces that are now categorised as one of the favourites in Europe. Winners, hard workers and perfectly organised, he has nurtured talent and developed stars. And despite being let down by their mentality at a crucial stage, he is the right man to guide them forward, learning with them in hopes that one day they will finally win the trophy with the big ears, together.

Another three years with the wise Mister, Juventus can rest easy, their future is secured.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130736 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Next season will be harder’

http://www.football-italia.net/104131/allegri-‘next-season-will-be-harder’

Jun 14, 2017

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri reveals he could have walked away after the Champions League final defeat, and predicts “this will be a much harder year”.

The Bianconeri reached the final for the second time in three years, but a terrible second half display in Cardiff saw them beaten 4-1 by Real Madrid.

“Everyone was wondering if I’d walk away if we won, and instead I was on the verge of doing it after the defeat,” Allegri revealed in an interview with Sky.

“I had to think and above all to see what was inside me, to start again in the best way because this year will be a much harder year.

“After three seasons with Scudetti, Coppe Italia, Champions League finals and Supercoppe it’s normal to look inside because at the limit there’s the risk of collapse.

“Instead I decided quickly after, I spoke to the club and all the conditions are there to have a great season. It will be a challenge within a challenge, a challenge within ourselves where we have to improve the quality of our game.

“I never talked to anyone else, and I never made commitments to anyone, because the first club to have known everything was always going to be Juventus.

“I was immersed in our objectives and I was never interested in the future, I decided after the final.”

After three doubles in a row, will the Champions League be the main goal for next season?

“The main objective is the one which is in the DNA of Juventus, that is to say the Scudetto. After that come the Coppa Italia and the Champions League.

“I’d say that in the last three years Juventus have established ourselves well among the top eight teams, and it [the Champions League] is an objective Juventus must pursue.

“Then in the Champions League you’ve seen that one year you can make the quarter-final, just as you can reach the semi-final or the final.

“The objective of getting there this year will be much more difficult though, because there are the five English teams, namely Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, [Manchester] United and Liverpool.

“They’ll be aggressive competitors so we’ll have to be ready.”

The Coach then gave a more detailed reflection on this year’s final.

“The first half was a half which was really well played,” Allegri recalled.

“I’d say that we had more shots on goal. Then in the second half they dominated us, they were better and they deservedly won the final.

“That’s what we have to restart from without any drama, without going through the big disappointments and depression that I’ve felt over the last 12 games.

“I understand the bitterness of not having won the final, having lost the second in three years, but you have to see the glass as half-full.

“We won another Scudetto, the sixth in a row, and that’s legendary. We’ve won three Coppe Italia in a row and we’ve been in two Champions League finals.

“Playing a second half like that lost us the final, but it doesn’t negate an extraordinary year where Roma and Napoli both got record points totals in their histories.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti