Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Massimiliano Allegri

130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Birindelli: Juventus lack fight

Oct 31, 2014

Former Juventus defender Alessandro Birindelli believes Massimiliano Allegri’s side lack the fight that characterised Antonio Conte’s reign.

The Bianconeri have managed just one win in their last five games, being caught at the top of the League by Roma after Wednesday’s last-gasp defeat at Genoa.

Birindelli spent 11 years in Turin, and the former full-back thinks the Old Lady are simply lacking in intensity after three Scudetti in a row.

“I think this team is less dynamic than Conte’s,” Birindelli reflected to tuttojuve.com.

“They’re a little more predictable, less attacks down the wing and less quick counter-attacks. When Conte’s team ran onto the field there was a continuous drive to go out and break the defensive lines, greater movement from right to left and full-backs who were wingers as well.

“This year I’ve seen a few games where Lichtsteiner or Asamoah or whoever is in their positions hasn’t had the ball.

“No-one has been particularly bad, but there’s less aggression, it’s a less hungry team which is lacking in that little bit of nastiness to go and get a result even when things aren’t going well.

“In the past few years, rather than losing a game in the 90th minute, they’d win it in the 90th minute. That’s the difference.”

Juventus face Empoli on Saturday, before welcoming Olympiacos to Turin for a do-or-die Champions League clash.

While Birindelli, who reached two Champions League Finals with the Old Lady, believes Juve have the talent to reach the Last 16, the 39-year-old again called the Bianconeri’s motivation into question.

“I think that Juventus have improved in Europe, and now many of the players have European experience and they should take advantage of that.

“I think this year they have every chance and everything needed to get out of a group which I don’t think is impossible.

“But I repeat, Juve are less hungry than in other years in so many ways, perhaps even because of some of the Coach’s tactical choices.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri hits back at critics

Oct 31, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri has hit back at criticism that his Juventus side is less hungry than under Antonio Conte.

Former Juve player Alessandro Birindelli has been among those to have criticised the current Coach’s men by suggesting that they have not shown the same desire to win as they did under Conte.

Allegri, however, was in no mood to answer questions about his team’s motivation.

“I’m not going to respond [to the criticism],” the Juventus Coach told his Press conference ahead of a visit to Empoli.

“It’s all talk, which then becomes pub talk. I respect writers and their opinions, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree.

“Until at least tomorrow evening we’re leading the Championship. We’re still fighting for the Champions League. We’re still on course for all our goals.

“Little by little we’ll see where we end up. I believe this Juventus has come a long way, and we’ll do well to come through this week where we’ve faced two tough away trips.

“The week before Roma dropped points in Genoa against Sampdoria, and unfortunately we dropped points in Genoa this week, against Genoa.

“However, at the moment we’re top, and I don’t think the numbers are quite as unforgiving as some people would have us believe. We’ve got what, three points less than last year?”

A journalist pointed out they have the same as last year.

“Oh, ok the same then…”

Allegri also denied that the Bianconeri’s draw against Sassuolo and losing a late goal to Genoa were also signs of a lack of character.

“It’s not a lack of heart that’s to blame for us not closing games out. I’d say that the other day in Genoa the team gave a great response, enough to win the game.

“Unfortunately we managed to lose it 30 seconds from the end.

“But the worst game we’ve played this year was [a win] against Palermo at home, where we created less except for at the end of the game.

“In other matches we’ve had great chances and given away very little. Perhaps the midfielders are scoring less, but the strikers have scored more.

“To win the title, here are the figures - you need to score 60-70 goals and concede as few as possible.

“The top teams get 60-65 goals. It’s normal that the less you concede the better your chances are of winning the title.

“So far we’re doing ok in terms of numbers.

“It’s normal that if you’re Juve and you draw in Sassuolo and lose to Genoa you’ll be criticised.

“There may well be some constructive criticism, which I accept and it’s definitely an incentive for me and all the players to do better.

“So far the lads have done their duty, and at the same time we still have room to improve because there are various players who aren’t in top condition for reasons we’re all aware of.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

How Allegri Can Restore
Juventus’ Form In Four Steps

Nov 1, 2014

Two losses and a draw in the last three games in all competitions is a genuine crisis for a team as big as Juvenuts. The side has been nothing short of invincible in the past three seasons, however they now face a situation which they did not face previously. It is now up to Massimiliano Allegri to take control of things. But what should he do?

1. Keep players motivated

Antonio Conte might not be the best tactician, but he surely knows how motivate the players. The current Italian national team coach kept his players motivated to win three consecutive Serie A titles. This should be Allegri’s first priority; he has to bear in mind that most of the players under his possession have dominated Serie A for the past three seasons, and his goal should be to restore the hunger in the side.

2. Psychological Preparation

Legendary Inter coach Helenio Herrera used to hang a sign in the players’ dressing room which read ‘Class + Preparation + Athleticism + Intelligence= Scudetto’. Psychology preparation is an imperative, especially after experiencing a defeat or an important win. What we’ve seen from Allegri’s men thus far is a ‘slippery slope’ procedure. The loss to Olympiakos was followed by a draw to Sassuolo, and finally a defeat to Genoa on Wednesday.

One of Conte’s main strengths was being able to overcome a defeat. For example, following the surprising defeat at the hands of Galatasary which subsequently knocked the Bianconeri out of the UEFA Champions League, Juve managed to comprehensively defeat Sassuolo 4-0 only four days later.

3. Choose his setup

One of the main things which can make a difference to a coach is to choose his line-up, his setup. Once the coach loses control of his team selection, then effectively the side will not be able to fulfill his wishes.

This dilemma faces Allegri, especially with star midfielder Andrea Pirlo. It comes as to no secret that both had a difficult relationship at Milan, and if Allegri is playing Pirlo just avoid any scathing attacks, then he can effectively lose control of the dressing room.

In short, Allegri should play who he wants to play, and not succumb to any pressure from fans or the media.

4. Believe in himself

When Allegri was appointed as Juve coach following Antonio Conte’s sudden departure in the summer, much skepticism followed. After all, former Cagliari coach did experience a disastrous 2013/2014 with the Rossoneri before being relieved of his duties in January.

Prior to the motivation and preparation of the players, Max Allegri must believe in himself first and foremost. The Juventus boss must show his mettle on such an occasion. Carlo Ancelotti is undoubtedly one of the most successful coaches in the past decade, but was sacked by the Bianconeri at half-time of the final game of the 2000/01 season.

If Allegri doesn’t put the past behind him and believe in himself, then no one will.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri decorates the Juve tree

Just as Antonio Conte moulded his team to the players, Max Allegri
has changed system to suit his stars, argues Susy Campanale.

Nov 23, 2014

When Massimiliano Allegri took over from Antonio Conte just three days into pre-season training, changes were always going to be gradual, yet inevitable. Allegri had never really used three at the back and the previous Coach had already faced pressure to drop that tactic in Europe anyway. Now Juventus have organically moved into the next stage of their process and can thank the injury crisis for that smooth transition.

Let’s not forget that Conte had been famous for adopting a 4-2-4 system when he first joined Juve. He moved to three because it irked him to leave out any of his excellent midfield options. The team only played Serie A and Coppa Italia fixtures that first year, so squad rotation wasn’t really any consolation for those on the bench. Arturo Vidal was so spectacular in his debut Serie A campaign that he had to be used, as did Andrea Pirlo and the versatile Claudio Marchisio. Meanwhile, he had three excellent centre-backs and the world’s best goalkeeper, so 3-5-2 made perfect sense. A year later Paul Pogba came along from Manchester United and the teenager developed far quicker than anyone expected, demanding a place in the starting XI.

This isn’t the same side as in 2011. Andrea Barzagli is permanently injured, Buffon not as quick in the save as he used to be and Vidal’s persistent knee problems left him a shadow of his usual self. Add in more defensive injuries for a centre-back shortage and the fact Carlos Tevez loves to get a run-up at the terrified opposition and you have the ideal circumstances for a 4-3-2-1. It may only be November, but this is the season for Allegri to put up the Christmas Tree.

Since adopting the new system, Juve have scored 13 goals and conceded only two. Tevez has found a new lease of life, an Argentina recall after three years and by his own admission this is the best form of his career. Pogba is gaining more and more confidence without having to share space with Vidal and combines brilliantly with the Apache. I can’t help but feel when Alvaro Morata settles completely and replaces Fernando Llorente, this side could be just about unstoppable. It’s also safe to say the Old Lady missed the ideal moment to sell Vidal to Manchester United.

Here’s hoping the Christmas Tree was put up in time to ensure Juventus still have Champions League football after New Year’s.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved: ‘Juve are improving’

Nov 23, 2014

Pavel Nedved has commented on an ‘improving’ Juventus under Massimiliano Allegri, as he labels this week’s Champions League test a ‘must-win’.

The Bianconeri head out to Sweden to take on Malmo in Europe on Wednesday evening eager to follow up a strong performance against Lazio on Saturday evening.

“What a show, I really enjoyed it. We played really well,” club director Nedved has commented to Tuttosport in reaction to that win over his former team.

“And the best thing is that we can grow further. We have to. Max is really doing a great job. An exceptional job, both from the tactical and psychological points of view.

“This change in tactical approach represents an intelligent evolution and it is true that Juventus is becoming stronger thanks to this new style of game that he has adopted.

“Yes, thanks to the formation being re-imagined by Max, the players can continue to improve. And that is what is happening.

“In this way it is also possible to grow further in Europe, not only in Italy. We have room for improvement.

“But at this point it is crucial to do well on Wednesday in Malmo. We have to win.

“The Scudetto? The title race is not only between ourselves and Roma, we must also consider Napoli, but also Inter, now that Roberto is there.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri leads Juventus to victory

Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez gave Juventus a first away Champions
League victory in nearly two years. Luca Cetta praises the Bianconeri.

Nov 27, 2014

Not since February 2013’s visit to Celtic Park had Juventus conquered enemy territory in the Champions League. In six matches since the best they could muster was a draw against Copenhagen, but 21 months on the Bianconeri can fly home with a smile. It was at times a path as bumpy as the Swedbank Stadion pitch, a lacklustre first half threatening to continue the meagre record. Yet whatever Massimiliano Allegri said at the interval worked wonders, spurring the Serie A favourites towards three important points.

When Juventus needed a lift, the boss was there to provide the spark of inspiration. In a way it mirrors his July arrival. Met with scepticism and resentment upon replacing Antonio Conte – “When we first drove into the Vinovo training ground, the car containing President Agnelli, Allegri and I [Giuseppe Marotta] was kicked and spat at” – he has efficiently gone about his work and stamped his mark on this team. Malmo may be the group outsiders, but the Old Lady has failed in similar matches in recent seasons, so to grab a victory in challenging circumstances represents growth.

From Claudio Marchisio’s immediate second half opportunity it was a different Bianconeri to that of the first 45 minutes. Movement on and off the ball was quicker, putting Malmo’s defenders under greater pressure. Where they previously had time to organise shape, Fernando Llorente’s opener showed it was lacking after the interval. Juventus weren’t as one-dimensional and only poor finishing aided the Swedish champions. Once again this was a concern for Allegri, who sensed the possibility of Juventus conceding another soft goal before the late sealer.

Carlos Tevez said afterwards Llorente’s goal – the first Juve had scored on their Champions League travels since the Spaniard himself against Real Madrid over a year ago – ‘opened the game up’. Tevez then made sure of the result with a scrappy goal to continue his fine form. Marchisio spoke of ‘adapting’ to the pitch which meant: “in the second half [we] played our usual fluid football.”

As Olympiacos showed three weeks ago, Juventus can be susceptible to defending crosses and set pieces, but Gianluigi Buffon was rarely troubled. Those ahead of the captain ensured Malmo’s strikers had little to feed on. A first clean sheet since the September victory over the Swedes will be pleasing.

Allegri reserved praise for his midfielders, calling Marchisio ‘a player of European level’, while Andrea Pirlo and Paul Pogba continued where they left off against Lazio. It was the Turin native’s through-ball which sent Llorente clear for the opener. A worry would be the continued malaise of Arturo Vidal, who is yet to find his best form after knee surgery. Allegri commended his work-rate in the more advanced midfield role, but it is clear there’s presently little verve about his performances.

Juventus can now look ahead to the final group match with a clear picture on what’s required. Qualification will be on the line against Atletico Madrid and there are permutations aplenty, but the Bianconeri have only one goal in mind.

“You approach it trying to win with two clear goals,” Allegri stated, “as topping the group would give us a better draw for the next round.” A single-goal win or draw will see Juventus finish second, while a loss could mean qualification or dropping to the Europa League – depending on Olympiacos.

It sets up a fascinating end to an intriguing Group A. Juventus will approach December’s encounter in a buoyant mood as they currently enjoy a rich vein of form. Given a new lease of life under Allegri, they will be confident of righting the wrongs of last term. As Wednesday showed, Juventus continue to improve.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: 'Juve can do better'

Dec 3, 2014

Max Allegri is confident Juventus can do even better as the season goes on and the future is bright for Europe too.

The Bianconeri left it to the last minute to beat city rivals Torino on Sunday, maintaining their three-point lead at the top of the table.

“Our team can still improve by a big margin, although it’s normal that will take a little time,” Allegri told JTV.

“We have changed the tactical system and results are backing that decision. We are still in the first phase of the season, so must continue working without lowering the tension or concentration levels.

“This is a fascinating campaign and a very balanced one too. Was the derby our best game of the season? In terms of emotion, yes, especially as after the goal we didn’t even have to suffer a comeback, as the match was over.

“I think our best performance was the 3-0 win away to Lazio.”

Juventus will progress in the Champions League if they get at least a point against Atletico Madrid next week.

“Italian teams are slowly getting back to challenging in Europe the way they always had done before. Almost all the sides have already progressed in the Europa League, while Roma and Juve have a good chance of doing it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Allegri: Victory Is Crucial For Juventus

Dec 8, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri believes that Juventus must go all out against Atletico Madrid in Tuesday evening’s penultimate Group A Champions League fixture in order to leap frog the Spanish champions and win the group.

The Bianconeri currently sit in second place in the standings, three points behind Diego Simone’s men and Allegri insists that a victory in Turin is essential, not only to qualify for the next round of the competition, but also to finish ahead of Atletico which would ensure an easier tie in the knockout stages.

“Tomorrow the fans will give us a hand, they will give us enthusiasm.” the 47-year-old told the press.

“Then maybe we will finish first in the group. We must all play well tomorrow as it is crucial to reach the second round. I have no doubt it will be a good game for sure. We’ll have to try and win in order to take first place from them.

“I do not even think about [dropping into] the Europa League. Differences with Atletico? We are two very good teams. They won the Spanish league and lost the Champions League final. Juventus have also done great things in the Italian league, but it’s important we qualify for the next round [of the Champions League].”

Allegri then turned his attention towards his squad selection ahead of the game and addressed questions over who will partner Carlos Tevez in attack.

“Morata or Llorente? I have not decided yet,”Allegri said. “One of them will definitely play.

“I think I have two players who can even play together, although they haven’t so far this year. Llorente is a great player and Morata did a good job in Greece but has yet to grow. At Real Madrid he was considered a boy. This is the first year that he will be considered a major player. There will be room for both of them..”

Finally Allegri had a warning for Atletico.

“I coach Juve and I do not envy anyone. I have good players with great quality who have won Scudetti and the Supercoppa.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Massimiliano Allegri confident of top spot

Dec 8, 2014

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has said that his side are aiming to finish top of their Champions League group.

The Bianconeri will secure their place in the last 16 with a draw in their final group match against Atletico Madrid, but Allegri is confident that they can secure all three points in order to earn a more favourable draw in the knockout stages.

"It's a special game, different from the usual," he told Sky Sport Italia. "We're playing for qualification for the knockout stages, against a team that are already qualified, but are aiming for first place.

"If we beat them by two goals we'll go top. We'll have all the passion of our stadium on our side, that will be fundamental for us. Everyone has to sacrifice and work for the team in this game, we can achieve qualification.

"Atletico are a team which usually makes their opponents play poorly, and they work really hard for each other. Most importantly, they have good players, who can change a game at any time, especially on set pieces and on the counter-attack."

Juventus failed to make it out of the group stages in last season's tournament.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Allegri: Morata must improve

The striker joined from Real Madrid for €20 million during the summer but has been
unable to displace either Carlos Tevez or Fernando Llorente in the Bianconeri's starting line-up.

Dec 13, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri says that while Alvaro Morata "has got bags of ability", the youngster has much to improve upon if he is to become a Juventus regular.

The Bianconeri signed the 22-year-old striker from Real Madrid for €20 million during the summer but even though he missed the start of the season through injury, he has still only been used sporadically since his return to full fitness.

Allegri does not doubt that Morata has the talent to flourish in Turin but he hinted that he does not feel that the Spain international, who has hit four goals in nine Serie A appearances, is quite ready to lead the Juve attack.

"Alvaro has got bags of ability but you have to remember that he's gone from being a prospect at Real to an important player here at Juve," the Bianconeri boss told reporters on Saturday.

"He still has lots of things he can improve on. We also have other players like [Carlos] Tevez, [Fernando] Llorente, [sebastian] Giovinco and [Kingsley] Coman."

However, Allegri admitted that Morata is in contention to start Sunday's Serie A clash with Sampdoria.

"I haven't made up my mind yet on who will start," the former AC Milan boss added.

"[Martin] Caceres isn't fit yet and [Marco] Storari has a back problem. He'll sit this one out to make sure he's available for the next game, against Cagliari.

"We also have [Giorgio] Chiellini suspended and [Angelo] Ogbonna will come in for him: he's in good shape and he played well in the last quarter of an hour against Torino.

"Coman will return after missing Tuesday's game [against Atletico Madrid] with a strain he picked up against Fiorenina [last Friday week]."

Allegri is well aware, though, that whatever side he selects will have to produce an excellent performance to defeat a Sampdoria side that is flying high in fourth place.

"Sampdoria have really moved up a gear since last season," he added. "They have some quality individuals and a coach [sinisa Mihajlovic] who's instilled enthusiasm.

"They play some decent stuff too. They're useful on set pieces and keep it tight at the back.

"They are on a high, play at pace and are full of running. They're well drilled and have nothing to lose.

"If we're to beat them, we can't afford the slightest slip-up. We must be careful not to get caught on the counter and we have to be on top of our game."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Roma's Rudi Garcia and Juventus Boss
Massimo Allegri Suspended by Lega Serie A

Dec 16, 2014

The managers of Serie A’s top two teams are in hot water with the Italian FA after it was confirmed that Rudi Garcia and Massimiliano Allegri—bosses at Roma and Juventus, respectively—will both be banned for upcoming games, as noted by an official Serie A statement (in Italian).

The length of the bans and the reasons behind them were noted by Italian football writer Enrico Passarella:

Enrico Passarella @Guardalinee
Rudi Garcia has been suspended for two games, Allegri for one.

Enrico Passarella @Guardalinee
Garcia has been suspended for aggressive and intimidating behavior towards a steward, Allegri for insulting the referees

The ban for the Roma boss comes in the aftermath of an ill-tempered game against Genoa, in which it is alleged by Sky Sport Italia (h/t Adam Digby of FourFourTwo) that Garcia spat at a steward. Subsequently, he looks set to miss the upcoming games against AC Milan and Udinese.

The Giallorossi won the match 1-0 in controversial fashion after Rossoblu keeper Mattia Perin was sent off just before the half-hour mark, prompting the Genoa president Enrico Preziosi to suggest Mafia involvement in the game, per football-italia.net.

Allegri is also set to miss a game after he was found guilty of insulting match officials. This incident occurred in the aftermath of the Bianconeri’s shock 1-1 draw at home to high-flying Sampdoria and, as a result of his faux pas, the Juve boss is set to miss his team’s trip to Cagliari in the next round of matches.

Juventus have drawn their last two games, allowing Roma to claw the deficit back to a solitary point in the race for this season’s Scudetto. The Bianconeri won the last three league titles under the tutelage of Antonio Conte, with Allegri looking to make it four in a row for the Turin club.

These two sides are the standout teams in this division, and after years of dominance from Juventus, we finally look set for an engrossing title race in Italy's top flight. With every point vital in the run up to the winter hiatus, it's critical each team copes without its manager on the sidelines for its respective game and keeps the pressure up on its championship rivals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus appeal Allegri ban

Dec 16, 2014

Juventus will appeal Coach Massimiliano Allegri’s touchline ban, the club has confirmed.

The Bianconeri tactician was given a one match ban after insulting match officials following his side’s 1-1 draw with Sampdoria on Sunday.

However, the Serie A leaders have indicated that they will appeal against the ban.

“Juventus are to lodge an urgent appeal against the one-match touchline ban handed to Massimiliano Allegri during Sunday’s home game against Sampdoria,” read a statement on the club’s official website.

“Leonardo Bonucci will miss out on the clash with Cagliari after triggering an automatic one-match ban with the yellow card he picked up at the weekend.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri:
Modern game about having best players

Dec 17, 2014

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri says football has become more about money than tactics and that individual quality counts more now than it ever did before.

In an interview with Italy's La Repubblica newspaper, Allegri suggested that if you do not have the best players in the world, even the best coach will have his hands tied. He said his role in the modern game has transformed, which is one of the reasons Italian football has been left behind.

Allegri argued that Serie A football still bases itself on tactical astuteness and organisation, a dogma introduced by legendary AC Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi "in a time when it was much easier to be innovative," and that that approach is not suited to the modern game.

"You can't surprise anybody nowadays," he said. "For that reason, you need to have faith in quality."

Allegri said Italian clubs are slowly catching on but it will be difficult without the funds to invest in the pick of the talent.

"People want to make out that football is a science, but it's got nothing in the slightest to do with science," the former Cagliari and Milan coach said. "It's a spectacle, and for a spectacle you need artists. The biggest error that we are making is to try to suffocate creativity.

"If you take away the poetry then you would be better off just playing it on the computer. We could talk for hours on end about tactics and organisation, but you win games with the players. If you've got [Lionel] Messi, you're almost already 2-0 up. The same goes for Cristiano Ronaldo.

"If tactics were necessary to be successful then why did Real Madrid splash out 100 million euros on Gareth Bale if all he does is dribble, shoot and burst the back of the net?

"Football has changed, like basketball. Even that, one of the most tactical games around, has transformed into one where it's all about the best players."

The evolution has left Italy behind somewhat, with Serie A clubs struggling to compete on the continent since Inter Milan's 2010 Champions League triumph.

The financial crisis that has hit Italy hard has spilled over into the sport but, even so, Allegri can see a brighter future.

"In Italy, people tend to say that we're in a total mess, but the results this year are showing the opposite," he said. "We still focus too much on our opponents, though, and our games are monothematic, but I think we're getting back, and that means moving forwards, re-evaluating creativity and the role of the playmaker.

"With Sacchi, our game changed its methods, but now we need to find a compromise. Not too much anarchy, but not too much tactics either.

"[Abroad] they have more room and you only get that here when you have two teams on the same level facing each other, like Juve-Roma. Aside from the incidents, it was a great game, full of technical brilliance. In the other games, there's always one team who attacks and the other defends, and we're masters of defending."

Allegri's Juve are the only Italian side to make it through to the Champions League knockout phase this season but have hope of progress after being drawn against a Borussia Dortmund team currently struggling badly in the Bundesliga.

"It could have been worse, and that comes from somebody who has faced Barcelona a number of times," Allegri said. "Borussia are a side we can beat, even if it's difficult to decipher their true value and in particular what shape they will be in come February, but we can do great things in the Champions League."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Allegri: Supercoppa scheduling unfair on Juventus

The Italian champions will meet Napoli on Monday and the Bianconeri boss is unhappy that
a booking in Doha would rule the likes of Paul Pogba out of their following league fixture.

Dec 18, 2014

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri believes that the scheduling of the Supercoppa Italiana has given the club's Serie A title rivals an unfair advantage.

The traditional curtain-raiser will be played on Monday, with the Italian champions set to face Coppa Italia winners Napoli in Doha, Qatar. Consequently, Juve were forced to play their final fixture before the winter break, against Cagliari, on Thursday evening.

Allegri not only has an issue with the Supercoppa being played halfway through the season, but also the fact that the likes of Paul Pogba, who is one yellow away from a suspension, could miss the Bianconeri's next Serie A outing, the Derby d'Italia with Inter on January 6, if he is cautioned in Doha.

"Those that do not have to play in the Supercoppa have an advantage in terms of cards because someone who gets booked in Doha risks missing a game in the league," the Juve boss told Sky Sport Italia. "I do not find that very fair.

"But we will play at our maximum [against Napoli] without thinking of Inter upon the resumption of the league.

"I'm fortunate to train a group what have the desire to win and continue to impress. We still want to win and try to meet other challenges."

Despite his obvious frustration, Allegri was pleased by his side's performance in their 3-1 win at Cagliari, with Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal and Fernando Llorente all on target for the visitors before Luca Rossettini netted a consolation goal for the Sardinians.

"Cagliari are a team that never give up," the former AC Milan coach added. "We had to manage the game well even after it was 3-0.

"After their goal we started to play again, but we should never risk anything by easing off.

"It was important to seal first place and prepare as well as possible for the Supercoppa."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Dear Santa: A Christmas Wishlist From Juventus

2ikfb11.jpg

Dec 24, 2014

Dear Santa,

Massimiliano Allegri here, current coach of reigning Italian champions Juventus and long time admirer of your work.

Some may say that my team and I have had enough good fortune over recent years, however, given our luck during the Supercoppa Italiana shootout defeat there are clearly still things that could benefit from your own piece of festive magic should you be so obliging.

While another Scudetto would be a nice personal achievement the Bianconeri fans want a little more after three successive titles and I’m afraid they’re setting their sights higher than the Coppa Italia so some help as we return to Champions League action would be a great help — be it in the form of a lucky horseshoe or rabbit’s foot, we’re not fussy.

Obviously I’m not going to bemoan the fact that we have drawn an out-of-sorts Borussia Dortmund in the Round of 16 but if you can keep the dice continuing to roll in our favour for the rest of the competition they’ll be a medal waiting for you in Berlin on June 6.

For a successful tilt at European glory we’ll still need to have all hands to the pump so some assistance with the injuries that have seen us lose key defenders such as Patrice Evra, Kwadwo Asamoah and Martin Caceres for significant periods this term would be nice.

While getting Andrea Barzagli out of the treatment room would be a victory in itself, some magical ointment to keep the rest of the squad free from injury would be equally useful. Failing that, I’ll take the much-in-demand Andrej Kramaric to plug the gap.

However, our troubles highlight the fact that some important members of my team are closer to my age than I would like and some adult sized bubble wrap to surround Gianliugi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo in would be handy.

Rather than anything under the tree come Christmas morning I would like you to arrange for the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come to visit the bedroom of Paul Pogba on the 24th and present a picture of career suicide should he follow the financial incentives on offer from Paris or the English Premier League.

Finally, you may have had this request before, but while a second European Cup would be the icing on the cake for this group of players a few years ago a couple of Serie A titles went missing from the honours board at the FIGC due to some ‘unfortunate’ circumstances.

The re-acknowledgment of those achievements would be the best present of all, but I understand that even this could be beyond your powers of festive ‘magic’.

Merry Christmas

Max

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri’s stamp on the Bianconeri

Massimiliano Allegri arrived in Turin knowing he had to win over
the fans and as Luca Cetta states, his changes are doing just that.

Dec 24, 2014

Massimiliano Allegri says it came “out of the blue”. In his inaugural Juventus Press conference he acknowledged having to work hard to win over the sceptical fans still reeling from the shock departure of Antonio Conte. “My aim is to conquer them with results, with hard work, respect and professionalism.”

Sacked by Milan in January, Allegri had expected to start the new season as a bystander. Yet on just the second day of pre-season training Conte ended a successful three year stint with the Bianconeri. President Andrea Agnelli and director general Giuseppe Marotta acted quickly – “As it often happens, with one winning chapter ending, another must begin,” the latter said at the Press conference.

Last month Marotta recalled when he, Agnelli and Allegri first drove into the Vinovo training ground, their car was kicked and spat at. Taking over from a beloved figure would be no easy task. Battling on four fronts – Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and the Super Cup – Allegri’s team approach Christmas as 5/11 favourites with www.freebets.co.uk to win their fourth consecutive Scudetto. Juve will end 2014 in first place, although Roma are proving capable championship contenders.

Aside from a shaky October which consisted of three defeats in six matches, they have been as commanding as at Conte’s best. But there have been changes to the style.

Allegri did not want to arrive and rip up Conte’s successful manuscript. Rather, there would be tweaks. “It is not my intention to revolutionise Juventus’ formation and playing system – which works.” Having dabbled with a four-man defence during pre-season, he retained Conte’s 3-5-2, partly out of necessity due to injury.

And with Andrea Pirlo sidelined the emphasis turned to short passing and maintaining possession, as Leonardo Bonucci alluded to after the win over Milan: “The ideas of the Coach took us to the top of the league, which is why I limit myself to passing to [Claudio] Marchisio instead of looking for the long ball.”

Off the ball work would not be as taxing, the pressing not as intense. “This Juve is less ferocious than previous years,” Marcello Lippi believes. “They’re playing a somewhat different style of football, with more possession of the ball and a slower approach to directing movement and passes forward.” What hasn’t changed is their determination and hunger to succeed.

“Allegri is a smart Coach,” former teammate and Brazil boss Dunga stated before the season started, “I am convinced that he will blend his winning mentality with the excellent base built by Conte.” At Milan Allegri not only won a Scudetto, but was not afraid to alter and given the constant upheaval at Milanello he was forced on multiple occasions to find new solutions.

When Juve began to perform sluggishly he switched to the back four. “This change in tactical approach represents an intelligent evolution and it is true that Juventus is becoming stronger thanks to this new style of game that he has adopted,” Pavel Nedved believes. It was a gradual change that allowed the players to work under a known framework and then adjust when needed. Results against Parma and Olympiacos indicated a reinvigorated team. “What has changed with Allegri?” Tevez was asked, “Everything: tactics, management… really everything.” The Argentine has benefitted from Allegri’s alterations, given free rein behind the main striker. He has netted 10 times in Serie A.

And where Conte failed in guiding Juve out of their Champions League group last term, Allegri – who qualified for the knockout phase four times out of four with the Rossoneri – has led the team to February’s meeting with Borussia Dortmund. Juve still showed some of the weaknesses which plagued recent European campaigns, but have also matured into a side which can obtain results. “Tactically, now they are chameleonic because they are versatile and they have showed this – that’s why I can fairly state that they are more European than before and that’s a decisive quality,” Giovanni Trapattoni argues.

Gianluca Vialli says this Juventus is more unpredictable than in the past and believes Allegri has acted with ‘great intelligence’. “He has not missed a beat both tactically and psychologically.”

The Livorno native has not been afraid to introduce younger players, which Paul Pogba and Luca Marrone aside, was not a feature of Conte’s reign. Kingsley Coman and Federico Mattiello have been afforded opportunities, while Roberto Pereyra has challenged the well-established midfield quartet for a regular starting spot.

Allegri can be content with his first six months in charge of Juventus. He arrived in difficult circumstances but has smartly worked to continue with some of Conte’s fundamentals, while rubber stamping his own personality on this team. The Old Lady will hope the foundations of 2014 will lead to an even better 2015.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

How Max Allegri continues to prove me wrong

Dec 25, 2014

I was hesitant, like a lot of other folks, when Juventus wasted nearly no time bringing in Max Allegri to replace the recently-resigned Antonio Conte. Let's be honest, it's not like I was the only one in that boat. Heck, there was probably some fears of overcrowding going on because of just what went down on the second day of preseason training.

That mid-July morning brought big-time rumors of Conte's departure from the Italian press. Shortly thereafter, a tear-filled YouTube video was the way we found out Conte was indeed leaving the club he had guided to a third straight league title and a single-season record point total just a few months earlier.

That's not exactly a good thing, right? Nope. Not even close to being a good kind of opinion regarding what would be the incredibly fast-paced hiring of Allegri as Juventus' new manager. I wasn't alone, either. It's not like the decision to bring Allegri aboard really blew anybody out of the water in terms of impressing all of us Juventini. It wasn't some glamorous hire that would instantly make us forget about what Conte had done over the last three record-setting seasons in Turin.

When you think about it, it was the exact opposite.

What were opposing club's fans doing when Juventus decided to go with Allegri? Well, basically thanking Andrea Agnelli and the rest of the Juventus management for hiring a new manager who had been kicked to the curb by Milan earlier in the calendar year. So in a way, it was a managerial appointment that was looked at as one that would help Juventus' opposition more than the club itself.

Seriously, if you don't believe me, go check what people were saying when it became a mere formality Mad Max would become Conte's replacement.

But I sit here just a few measly hours before ripping open wrapping paper and presents on Christmas with a confession.

I was wrong about Max Allegri as Juventus manager. And, to be completely honest, I am quite happy about it.

When the SB Nation folks asked me to write a Juventus season preview for the main site, this is what I had to say about where Juventus might — and probably should — finish first in Serie A and capture another Scudetto when it's all said and done:

Champions. Why? Because even though their new manager isn't as close to as good as the man he replaced, Juve are still the best team in the country and are talented enough to overcome the managerial shortcomings of Allegri.

At that time, Juventus were basically buying low on Allegri. He was the best of an extremely average group of replacements for Conte. There wasn't that managerial candidate that would wow you unless Juventus suddenly decided to throw all the money in the world at Didier Deschamps to try and get him away from the French national team. (Which, for the record, would still be totally okay with me.)

And it's not like Allegri came in and radically changed things tactically when he got to Turin. Juventus, while picking up points domestically, kept things just the way Conte left them with a 3-5-2. Many of us sat there thinking to ourselves, "So, uh, what's the deal?" as Juventus didn't blow anybody away. He made the transition on everybody by keeping things just the way they were. Juve weren't putting in grandiose performances, but they were winning, therefore masking the problems that a lot of us noticed.

But what set Allegri apart from his predecessor?

He was willing to change. And because of it, he's now been able to put his own stamp on the club.

The switch to the four-man defense — either 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 — was probably a couple months later than it should have happened, Juventus have looked, minus a couple of games here and there, like a much different team compared to slog of September and October domestically and in Europe. It's enabled the squad to turn around what was a sluggish start to the Champions League and advance to the knockout round. They're now on stable ground in Serie A despite Roma breathing down their neck and just three points behind in the league table.

Allegri deserves the credit he is getting thus far because he's done work. Yes, this squad was still the best in Italy when he took over, but they needed a fresh coat of paint. Guess who's given it to them? Mister Allegri, who has truly started to put his stamp on the team in recent weeks. That's what Juventus needed to move on from the Conte era — one that was highly successful but obviously had more going on behind the scenes than we will probably ever know about.

There's no doubting this is Allegri's team now. It may not have seemed like it three or four months ago, but it does as we get set to enter 2015. He's done it the right way, too, proving his detractors wrong — like yours truly — wrong along the way. He's earned the respect of many, and that's how it should be.

It's only the final days of December with over half of the Serie A schedule and the Round of 16 Champions League fixtures to be played. And there's no denying that Max Allegri still has plenty of work to do with his squad and room to grow as Juventus manager.

But let's face it, when he took control, expectations weren't exactly glowing with optimism. Allegri has turned those expectations around. At least for the guy writing this thing, that is.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus want to sign a playmaker, says Allegri

The Bianconeri boss says he is looking at bringing in defensive reinforcement
and a new trequartista - but insists he is still counting on Andrea Pirlo.

Dec 26, 2014

Juventus are exploring the possibility of signing some defensive cover and a new playmaker, head coach Massimiliano Allegri has revealed.

The Serie A leaders have long been rumoured to be laying the groundwork for some January transfers, with Barcelona full-back Martin Montoya widely expected to be considering a switch to Turin next month.

Allegri, however, has indicated that he has several other targets in mind when it comes to bolstering his defence and also admits he is looking to sign a new creative attacking player.

He told Sky Sport Italia: "We know what we need to improve. Montoya is a good full-back but he still plays for Barcelona, and there are other players. We'll discuss whether to sign a full-back or a central defender. A playmaker wouldn't hurt."

However, the former AC Milan boss was quick to stress that any pursuit of another ball playing midfielder will not see Andrea Pirlo phased out of his plans.

"Problems with Pirlo? Absolutely not. I just have to handle him carefully because he's 35 and I want him at his best for certain occasions," he said.

Allegri admits the team are angry at having failed to win the Supercoppa Italiana against Napoli and has called on his players to make "a major leap" in the Champions League in the new year.

"We are very angry and disappointed that we did not bring the trophy home," he continued.

"Juventus should make a major leap. This is especially key in Europe: we have to win the championship but I think the most important step we have to take is in Europe.

"Juve may be one of the strongest, as are Real Madrid, Bayern [Munich], Barcelona and Chelsea. 

"It's too simplistic to think Juve are happy to get to the knockout phase of the Champions League. The boys must become aware of their quality."

Allegri, who replaced Antonio Conte at the end of last season, is confident the Serie A title race is between Juventus and Roma in 2015 as he looks to forge his own reputation following their domestic dominance of recent years.

"In 2015 it will definitely be a duel between us and Roma. The others are too far behind," he added.

"I want to stay as long as possible and write important pages in the history of this club."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri requests Shaqiri

Dec 27, 2014

Max Allegri dropped hints that Juventus will try to sign Xherdan Shaqiri from Bayern Munich. “A trequartista wouldn’t go amiss.”

The club has been repeatedly linked with a swoop for the Swiss international, who complained bitterly at the lack of playing time in Germany.

“Who would I sign for January? Well, a trequartista wouldn’t go amiss in this squad...” Allegri told Tuttosport.

Since moving to the 4-3-1-2 system, Arturo Vidal and Roberto Pereyra have taken the role behind the strikers, but they are not entirely suited to the position.

Shaqiri’s contract with Bayern expires in June 2016 and he appears to have no intention of renewing.

Tuttosport claims Juve have already met with Shaqiri’s agent – who is also his brother – but the Bianconeri want him on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

The Swiss starlet is valued at €15m-€20m and is also of interest to Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Allegri: "Martin Montoya is a good defender"

Dec 29, 2014

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has praised the qualities of Barcelona defender Martin Montoya.

The Italian champions have been strongly linked with a move for the Spanish right-back over the last couple of weeks.

However, despite revealing that he admirers the defender, Allegri has said that there is currently no deal currently in place to take Montoya to Turin.

"Montoya is a good defender and he has good technique. But he still plays for Barcelona and there are other players in our sights to consider," he told reporters.

Liverpool are understood to have failed with a late move for the right-back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Max Allegri Approval Rating - December 2014

How did Max Allegri do over the course of the last month?

Dec 31, 2014

After a stunning November, Juventus simmered down a little in the Christmas month, ending up with a pretty poor record of one win, three draws and one loss on penalties. Overall Juve went into the winter break three points clear at the top of the table and qualification into the knockout round of the Champions League sealed, which is a good platform to attack the second half of the season from.

At the beginning of the season when we first heard of Antonio Conte's departure and that his sizable shoes would be filled by one Massimiliano Allegri, most Juventini would have gladly settled being in the position that the Bianconeri find themselves in right now. In recent days, Beppe Marotta has announced that Juve will be active in the January transfer market as they look to add a defender as well as someone to play in the trequartista position too.

Here is a breakdown of Juventus' results in this past month:

1-1 draw, away at Fiorentina (Serie A)

0-0 draw, home against Atletico Madrid (Champions League)

1-1 draw, home against Sampdoria (Serie A)

3-1 win, away at Cagliari (Serie A)

7-8 (pen) loss, against Napoli (Supercoppa)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Juventus need confidence’

Jan 2, 2015

Max Allegri discusses the transfer market and says Juventus need ‘confidence’ to progress, as he anticipates ‘two great matches’ against Borussia Dortmund.

The 47-year-old’s team is currently leading in the Serie A standings and set to compete in the Last 16 of the Champions League.

Despite this, a few days ago President Andrea Agnelli stated that Italian clubs cannot compete with the resources in foreign Leagues, and his Coach has backed the necessity of being realistic when looking at the mercato.

“I'd like to have a €15m villa, but if I can't afford it I have to look for an apartment that I like,” said Allegri in an interview with La Stampa.

“Though in reality we're dealing with a villa, it just has a particular situation behind it.

“The club’s objective is to raise the technical level of Juventus.”

The former Milan tactician touched on a variety of topics in his interview, including the Champions League and the Juventus experience.

“I don't know how it's going to end against Borussia Dortmund, who are a great team. But we'll certainly play two great matches.

“I feel a juventino since I set foot here. Here you have 12 million supporters, everyone else has their team and then roots against us.

“I'm an evolutionist. I found a team that worked in a certain way, winning three Scudetti and two Supercups, and that needed to undergo an important passage.

“Saying that everything's going smoothly would be presumptuous, but we're on the right path.

“The Supercup [lost to Napoli] does not spoil five months of work, though I'm regretful about the way it went, as we had three decisive opportunities.

“But our targets were the League, where we are leading, and qualifying for the next stage of the Champions League. The Supercup came later.”

Allegri was also asked to what extent he is involved with the club's internal policy.

“I said this a thousand times, the assistant director of a business is the person who does that kind of thing, because he must bring in resources. As a Coach, I must bring in results.

“In football, people think that others prepare the formation for you or that you accept everything the club says. It doesn't work that way.

“Aside from the Premier League, being a Coach-cum-manager doesn't mean buying 15 different players, but being aware of marketing and finance issues.

“There are Coaches that are well educated and those who base themselves on intuition, but that doesn't mean renouncing to using reason.

“It's just that instinct is the solution in the fleeting moment, so it becomes essential. This is a group that has considerable technical, physical and tactical means, but it needs confidence.

“There is a subtle line between confidence and conceit. But confidence does lead you to achieving results beyond all expectations. And that's what we need in the Champions League.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Sneijder would be a luxury for Juventus - Allegri

The Bianconeri coach has likened the midfielder to an expensive villa
he would like to acquire, but suspects he may have to pursue more affordable targets.

Jan 2, 2015

Massimiliano Allegri has admitted he would like to sign Wesley Sneijder for Juventus, but fears being priced out of a deal for the Galatasaray man.

The Bianconeri are currently three points clear of Roma at the top of Serie A, but the club's director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed they are actively seeking reinforcements in the January transfer window.

Southampton were also interested in the Netherlands international but Ronald Koeman revealed the club could not afford his wages and though Allegri harbours similar concerns, admits he would like to add him to his squad.

"I'd like to have a €15m villa, but if I can't afford it I have to look for an apartment that I like. Sneijder? In reality he is a villa, but with a particular situation," Allegri said in an interview with La Stampa.

"The club's objective is to raise the technical level of Juventus."

The Juve coach also looked forward to his side's Champions League last 16 tie with Borussia Dortmund, which he anticipates will provide two great games, and stated that he has identified with the club's values since joining.

"I don't know how it's going to end against Borussia Dortmund, who are a great team, but we'll certainly play two great matches.

"I have felt like a 'juventino' since I set foot here. Here you have 12 million supporters, everyone else has their team and then roots against us."

Juve return to Serie A action on Tuesday when they host Sneijder's former club in Roberto Mancini's Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Gattuso: I Hope Allegri Can Lead
Juventus To Success In Europe

Jan 4, 2015

AC Milan legend Gennaro Gattuso has revealed that he hopes to see Massimiliano Allegri lead Juventus to success in Europe.

The 36-year-old, who worked under the tactician for two seasons at the Rossoneri, admits that he’s fond of his former coach’s leadership qualities and believes that the Bianconeri boss can lead his new team to a Champions League title with his positive mentality.

Gattuso spoke to Tuttosport about his wishes to see Juventus become a power in European competition and commented on Allegri’s tactics, while also praising the 47-year-old for his calm approach to his job.

“As all others, even Max has his own arrangements,” said the former midfielder, who won a Scudetto with Allegri at AC Milan during the 2010-11 season.

“The principle that he reiterated most often was concerned with disassociation. He’s always telling you to pass and move, pass and cut loose.

“He has even inserted his great ideas at Juventus and I hope that they can secure themselves a top place on the European level.

“It’s obvious that it takes great players to win the Champions League, but it also takes a little bit of luck.

“The best quality of Allegri is his serenity, he has the ability to go with the flow. It doesn’t mean that he never gets angry, of course he does, but he does so in his own way.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130772 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

It's tough to sign great players in January, admits Allegri

Wesley Sneijder's agent has made it clear the playmaker is set to stay
at Galatasaray despite interest from the Italian champions.

Jan 10, 2015

Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri admits it is difficult to sign top-quality players in January.

The Serie A champions have been pushing to broker a deal for Galatasaray playmaker Wesley Sneijder this month but the player's agent is confident he will stay in Turkey after negotiations hit an impasse.

Juve turned their attentions to Sneijder in favour of making a bid for Xherdan Shaqiri, who completed a move from Bayern Munich to Inter this week, but Allegri is adamant the chances of signing players of real quality has always been slim in the winter window.

"It takes players of great value to make us stronger but it's difficult to get them in January," he told a press conference.

Juventus are looking to avenge their Supercoppa Italiana defeat when they visit Napoli this weekend, and Allegri is confident they have the quality to overcome Rafa Benitez's men at the San Paolo for the first time since 2000.

"Winning against Napoli is never easy but we have everything it takes to succeed," he said. "Juve must realise that during games there can be moments of difficulty, so conceding a goal is not a tragedy.

"You can't change the model every week. We have our own character and will continue with this system of play.

"On Tuesday [in the 1-1 draw against Inter], we compromised our own victory with four technical mistakes against a great team. We can't celebrate, but neither should we be down."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti